Kapura: Is He Fast Or Is He Teleporting?

In MNOLG, Kapura says that he is "practicing" moveing around. Later in the game, it seems that he can teleport. Did he develope the ability to teleport or is he just really really fast?

• Upvote 1

It's not that he's fast; he's just slowing himself down to make himself faster. I think it deals with the way his body moves. It's not teleporting, though. I hope this quote from BS01 helps.

Kapura's slow and deliberate way proved to set him apart from many Matoran, but this helped him to be insightful, purposeful, and careful. Kapura is rather physically slow, but Vakama told him to practice the art of getting to places quickly by moving slowly. Kapura would practice in the Charred Forest outside of Ta-Koro, and after time became skilled in the art, saying that he simply has to focus upon where he is not, and soon enough he will find himself there.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Well, I'm pretty sure Kapura can't "teleport". Do you have a screenshot? Although when he's in the Charred Forest, he claims he can move great distances by moving slowly. Here's a quote from BS01.

"It is as Vakama said. I practiced and became skilled. I now know the secret art of traveling great distances by moving very slowly. It is only a small matter for me to be wherever I am not. It is a useful skill."— Kapura, Mata Nui Online Game

~Gravity Edited by Gravity Caiox

Do you have a screenshot?

In the 'Rahi fighting' mini-game at Kini-Nui, Kapura seems to teleport whenever he attacks an enemy Rahi. But that is probably just artistic licence. Edited by Kumata
  • Upvote 1

I think, if you want to go by the logic of this, he is more or less keeping time by performing slow paces and training himself to make everything else appear slow as well, though this is only a theory. Though I do think artistic licensing had a hand as he can seem to travel at Kakama-like speeds.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Personally I've seen it as a limited teleportation ability, seeing as he himself is moving very slowly but the distance he covers does not fit his movement. as Kumata said, he appears to teleport in the Rahi battle mini-game, and Kakama speed in the MNOG wasn't represented by "flash-stepping" like that. It's probably artistic license, but either Way Kapura can beat you from Ta-Koro to Ko-Koro or any other place even if you got bird flight to aid you. That tells me that he's avoiding the cable car, at least (since it would be slower than the bird), but most other routes up Mt. Ihu would be a larger distance to cover.Whatever he's doing, though, he's apparently going so slow that he comes full circle and speeds up in some way.

Edited by Katuko
  • Upvote 1

Personally, back before I learned things like this teleportation were no longer considered canon, I liked to believe that Kanohi powers were inherent to the Matoran species and the Kanohi were merely a tool for unlocking these latent powers. This could have explained Gali's telepathy and Kapura's teleportation in MNOG. However, I believe Greg declared this fanon explanation non-canon at some point or another.Another "theory" I had (but not one I took seriously outside the realm of fan fiction) was that Vakama may have been training Kapura in this "art" so that one day he could be the wearer of the Mask of Time.Really, I believe the most likely canon explanation is that Kapura's slow movement allows him to have control of his body so that he can move very quickly at times-- not instantaneously, like the teleportation suggested in MNOG, but quickly enough that others hardly notice that he's started moving quickly until he's reached his destination. But like the other suggestions, this is just a theory, and I don't know if Greg has his own explanation or if he simply ignores these parts of the MNOG.

• Upvote 1

It's pretty clear that the MNOG writers intended him to have some kind of teleportation, but that this like many other things in the game was not run by the story team. At the time exactly who had what limitations wasn't clear. So that isn't canon, but it is probably what was intended. But they imply strongly that he's tapping into some ability that is beyond him, so it's not that he has a power, but that he knows a "secret art."Pacing himself would work if Matoran in general including Takua were depicted as having humanlike problems traveling long distances, but they were not. Takua gets from point A to point B across the whole island as fast as you want him to, and there's no such limits implied in most of the other story either.The most likely canon answer is simply that he saves his energy for when he needs to run or the like, or just that he is exercising (walking in really slow motion can be harder than walking normally as you have to hold your limbs up in the air longer), so that when he runs he has more energy than others, and the parts of the MNOG implying otherwise are simply non-canon.Personally I prefer it to be left a mystery, and to imagine it's some kind of secret art teleportation available due to some kind of contingency coding in the protodermis that makes up the Great Spirit robot (and Mata Nui Island), something perhaps everybody could learn but most don't know.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I always liked the fact that what he was saying was a (deliberately written) contradiction, and therefore completely ambiguous, so I don't really care whether he can teleport or not. :P It seems more likely that, as Bones said, he's a master of some secret art--like some ninjas in movies and whatnot. Of course, that brings up the question of how Vakama might have taught it to him, but as I said, I like this one left as a (rather unimportant) mystery.Although if there is a "secret art", it might be a neat thing to use in a fanfic. Hm.

• Upvote 1

Well, Kapura definately shouldn't be able to teleport under his own power; let's assume he's not teleporting at the moment. He cannot be using a Kakama or anything as he's a Matoran.The only options I can think of are that:1) Kapura is not really Kapura2) Kapura moves in such a way that people do not notice his movement through the world. 3) Kapura uses mind tricks (as in, slow and fast alternating movements) to alter people's perception of him.I'm putting money on 3.

• Upvote 1

~Malakyr~

Hmm. I think the clones make sense. Kapura is actually the mystery murderer of The Yesterday Quest and he's part of a Makuta plot to assassinate everyone.And then the world blew up. :DLol, Kapura's speed/teleporting is just one of those beautiful unanswered questions that the BIONICLE team used to leave hanging for fans to pick apart.

• Upvote 1

~Malakyr~

This is related, I guess.You know how when you are going to Kini-Nui, every Matoran except Kapura does something important and gets a cutscene? Well, I always said that Kapura helped the Company get there speedily. :)We can deduce that Kapura moves quickly in some way. If it's definitely not teleporting, then it must be something else. It obviously isn't by moving slowly (although this is good for training) so he probably has some super speed ability. But it doesn't matter how, since we know he does.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

Maybe Vakama trained him to run under telekinesis to simulate pressure from gravity by using a Noble Matatu(noble telekinesis mask) on Kapura, which would slow him down.And once he's used to this gravity, he no longer needs it and he runs so fast it still seems like walking speed to anyone with average sight.

• Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

I always thought it was amazing ninja-type skills. I think this mystery is almost better unsolved, because half of the impressiveness of Kapura's art is how enigmatic it is.

Edited by Baron Von Nebula

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Maybe Vakama trained him to run under telekinesis to simulate pressure from gravity by using a Noble Matatu(noble telekinesis mask) on Kapura, which would slow him down.And once he's used to this gravity, he no longer needs it and he runs so fast it still seems like walking speed to anyone with average sight.
That is...surprisingly plausible. tounge2.gif Personally, I always thought it had something to do with him inherently having the power of the Kanohi Kualsi--the animation (and sound) in the MNOG is exactly what I always imagined for that mask.Of course, there is one easy (if implausible for other reasons) explanation for this: Kapura is the (hidden) Great Being, who somehow avoided the memory wipe with his GB powers and similarly used those GB powers for teleportation. tounge2.gif (Of course, there's a TON of other problems with that, so it's likely not the case.)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

I imagined it as a "tortoise and the hare" kinda thing. Slow and steady. And I bet there's some sort of meditative quality to it.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

I've always seen it the way Nuparu1995 puts it. Back when I first played MNOG, I became very intrigued by it, and got a group of friends together to discuss possibilities, and that was the most plausible we could come up with. Although there were some who just said it doesn't matter, because he's Kapura, and he does it because he can. Personally, I like that explanation.

4) Kapura has an army of clones with walkie-talkies.
.You, my good sir, have given me reason to laugh hysterically!signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I have a theory that Kapura has a glitch that allows him to get to places quickly. Similar to how Vakama has a glitch that allows precognition, Kapura has a glitch that allows either teleportation or super speed. Vakama might have recognized the glitch and taught him how to get it under control. I think this allows an interesting story concept of matoran with extra abilities.

I have a theory that Kapura has a glitch that allows him to get to places quickly. Similar to how Vakama has a glitch that allows precognition, Kapura has a glitch that allows either teleportation or super speed. Vakama might have recognized the glitch and taught him how to get it under control. I think this allows an interesting story concept of matoran with extra abilities.
True. And I think in MNOLG, Kapura even mentions how Vakama told him to learn to discipline this ability.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

I'll be honest, when I was like 4 when I played the game or something when i first played the game, an di was scared of Kapura.But if he does have telportation he could be the first MATORAN SUPER HERO!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis