Rpg Contest #24 Preliminary Poll Potassium

Pick your favorite entries  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want Aloft to win, but since it came in really late, I wasn't able fully to convince myself to vote for it, and so I voted for something else.So vote for Aloft.I don't care if I'm not staff in it, people, and I don't have any crazy plan for this one! Vote for Aloft!

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Wait! Another vote came in; one is at 19!Nah, J/K. They're gonna stay tied forever, Waldo will never be found, and the dice shall be employed by B6.@ Vorex; Aliens are smelly and weird. Don't try to convince us otherwise.Don't like aliens? You should go Aloft, because it doesn't have aliens. I think. I have no idea what Blades really planning, but I'm assuming it's not aliens. Just giant robots, giant statues, and giant biomechanical reptiles.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
1. That's actually pertinent now, thanks to KNI's vote. =D2. No aliens in Aloft, no; robots, sure. Statues, why not. Reptiles, confirmed due to dinosaurs. But no aliens, unless you consider something alien to the Matoran Universe. =P But nothing that's not native(Or at least lived there at one point...) to Bota Magna. =)

It's mostly not a matter of whether MU species are present(Despite the fact that they literally can't be, unless they have some form of mass teleportation; given that the MU is currently on a moon quite a distance away); it's whether or not they have their powers.Honestly, if you think up a reasoning for a prototype Toa, which has either no elemental pwoers, or very limited, then sure. It's mostly a power check type of thing; you actually have moments where you're fearful. =PIn a way, it'd be like if you stuck the Avatar in Link's place in any Zelda game, and gave the Avatar uber sword skills as well; you might as well have given the player an easy button for the bosses. =P

I like the Bara Magna species. They can't control elements, and they don't normally have the most sophisticated of weapons/tech. It incites the player to be creative in different ways than with Toa, and probably more creative, due to the fact that they could be considered more challenging to play as-with the lower tech level, and lack of elemental powers and masks.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

No, it's not that, it's the general setting. Bara Manga and its species just rather bore me overall.
This isn't Bara Magna, though, this is Bota Magna. Which isn't a perpetual desert wasteland. =P(One reason I chose to set the city on Bota Magna, instead of Bara Magna.
I like the Bara Magna species. They can't control elements, and they don't normally have the most sophisticated of weapons/tech. It incites the player to be creative in different ways than with Toa, and probably more creative, due to the fact that they could be considered more challenging to play as-with the lower tech level, and lack of elemental powers and masks.
Exactly. For instance, to land without going splat, you must use a parachute or something similar, instead of just reflexively activating the Miru you wear for such an occasion; or if you want to get to the surface, you can't just shrug, activate your wind powers and your Kadin, and fly down yourself.Plus, it emphasizes teamwork, as otherwise, you're more likely to get curbstomped by the constructs, unless you're really lucky. =P

But it's the fact that the races/species have no powers that makes them so interesting to play as.
Not for me. I prefer steltians, vortixx, or (especially) matoran. I'm just not a fan of Bara/Bota magnan species really.
Agreed, Matoran are awesome, and also powerless.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Fair enough, I understand. =)Looking at the votes currently, it looks Black Six might get a chance to use his lucky dice after all; though there's still approximately a day and a half left. =P
I'm hoping Stormy returns in time... :(

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I despise the 04 Matoran's bodies. Just... GUH. *shudders*You know what would be cute? A fat kraata. It just sits there and meows acts all cute.I feel that Bara Magna could have been really incredible. Raid on Vulcanus is hands down my favorite Bionicle book. But they sped it up, brought Mata Nui in before he should have shown up.And that terrible movie. That movie should burn. In a fire.Started with lemons.

Edited by The One who is Gone
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

I despise the 04 Matoran's bodies. Just... GUH. *shudders*You know what would be cute? A fat kraata. It just sits there and meows acts all cute.I feel that Bara Magna could have been really incredible. Raid on Vulcanus is hands down my favorite Bionicle book. But they sped it up, brought Mata Nui in before he should have shown up.And that terrible movie. That movie should burn. In a fire.Started with lemons.
Legend Reborn might have been a better movie if -The characters looked like organic beings instead of the freaking toysKiina wasn't constantly being annoyingTuma didn't die in an embarrassing fight the way he didThe Skrall didn't suddenly suffer from the Law of Inverse Ninja StengthMalum and the Vorox actually showed up, since they were awesomeAnd the list goes on. I didn't mind the beetle. The beetle was cute.Really, Bara Magna could have grown on me if they had put out more books and let Greg write the story the way it was originally supposed to go. The story could still be going on right now, if they had stretched it the way that it had been for the previous eight years, instead of shortening it at a list minutes notice and dragging a giant robot across the desert just so Lego could sell Hero Factory - and anyone who likes those sets should realize they would just have been the designs for Bionicle sets, minus the ugly heads and...*Takes breath*Don't get me started like that ever again, Evex. Ever.@ Burnmad; You know what? Yes. Because the lemon rant was great. *Chucks flaming lemons*Go Aloft!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Yes. We do.Strike from the Shadows, Waves of the South, and Shifting Sands are all fantastic RPs that demand votes. So, vote for them.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Let us forget the second half of 2009, and instead remember the happier times that preceded it...And vote for Waves of the South while we're at it.

And cast us once more into uncertainty? I think not!

"What... What if she exploded, and then exploded again?"