Ic: "Prospective, yes," Quinn said as he negotiated eye contact with Alaric. "My name's Quinn St. Stark and I came all the way from Portland, Oregon because I... Well, I want to be able to use my gifts better." In contrast with Alaric, Quinn's eyes were envigourated and wishful, a mix of hopeful idealism and nervous apprehension, though his disarming grin and soft facial features made him look far more happy than he actually was.

IC: Adrian soon enough reached the medical bay, and with a grunt, placed the unconscious Card down on one of the beds. Medical attention wasn't Adrian's specialty, but he had plenty of experience with basic medical procedure, so he set about setting up the basics for taking care of a patient who was rather seriously hurt, though not fatally. He let his aura continue to flow, the effects of it slowly making the wound look better. Well, as better as better could be, what with it being a removed limb and all.

---

Nero leaned harder into his chair, content to watch the next portion of the conversation play out.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

"And what would your particular gifts be?" Alaric asked, even as he came across two students tossing a football back and forth through the hallway, coming dangerously close to knocking over some old paintings and statues; the history teacher's brain processed the movements of the football and the kids in a sixth of the time it took a normal human being and his hand shot up, looking like it was almost acting of its own accord. The football's nose hit his palm, and his fingers coiled around the pigskin and brought it down to his waist.

"Consider this confiscated," he said idly as he passed the second student.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:Tera looked at Krystal, with an expression admittedly close to a glare. "And therein lies the issue with me staying here. The rather combative nature of what would appear to be a significant portion of the students."

"As for a mob's usual cowardly nature... You can only poke something with a stick so many times before it bites back. And what happened today was a lot more than poking with a stick."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Hei"Weeeeeeeeeeel theeeen," Kristy slurred, flopping against the side of the wall. "Blaaaargh." Her whole body felt terrible, as if she had eaten a whole barrel of rotten eggs or something. She even felt like throwing up. "Gurgle gurgle gurgle..."She overheard the conversation some of the seniors were having. "Tera right," she stuttered. "X-Manor too eeasy targe-gurgle-need to lay low..." her body slid down the wall until she was lying on the ground face up.

Edited by Constructman

IC: Krystal

"I'm not a student, more like a refugee..." Krystal said admittedly. "...and what would you have us do? Let them walk in here and do what they will with us?"

IC: Nathan

"SNAP!" I exclaimed, looking at Tyler in horror. "I'm a terrible guardian..."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Consider this."

"At least fifty percent of the mutant population could obliterate a single human with ease. Ten percent could eliminate several with ease. And an unknown number could eliminate an entire crowd with ease. Only twenty percent manifest abilities that one would call "harmless", if that."

"In contrast," Tera continued, unconsciously crossing her arms. "Any one of us is easily at the same level as a normal human. And we can deal with them the same way they would deal with us. Most of the issues of this generation stem from the power abuse of the previous generation, the Brotherhood in particular. They fear us, and we haven't given them any reason not to.""There's a reason I'm a pacifist."

IC:

"I am sorry, sir, but I have no idea what you are talking about. If you insist, you can have a cup of tea. But then I will have to ask you to leave."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Ic: "And what would your particular gifts be?" Alaric asked.

That wasn't a question as easily answered as it was asked. Quinn's powers were stranger, less tangible despite being incredibly real. It was hard to put a finger on it; how does one explain that his power is everything? Quinn did not listen to Alarik's next sentence as he caught the football but instead seemed poised with glazed eyes. But Quinn had some idea of what his powers could do; the key was to be direct. Extrapolate and he would talk about something he did not quite understand well enough and be too verbose, and verbosity was something he sometimes struggled with.

"Other gifted people have their powers increased the closer they are to me," he explained, "and I am able to copy all their powers for myself so long as they are somewhere around." He took note of Alaric's surprised expression that spread on his pale face, one of unabashed astonishment. Quinn nodded slightly and said, "Yeah. It's that wizard."

IC:

"Huh. So, if you were dealing with a hyperkinetic--"

Just as he said "dealing," he flicked the football with a ridiculously superhuman amount of speed and strength at Quinn; the other mutant caught it easily and sent it spiraling back to him with the same force, as though its path had never been interrupted. Alaric caught it with a cocked eyebrow, and now his look was less robotic, more intrigued. He didn't appear to be going through the motions of a possible orientation anymore.

"That wizard and more."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: The flight to D.C had gone by quickly, and arriving at the crime scene itself had taken little more than a quick flashing of the SHIELD credentials. Now, Siegfried was standing over the bloodstain that marked the location of the death of the most well known sympathetic figure of power for the mutant cause. President Binder was a good man, and the way he died was tragic.

Not so tragic was the apparent death of the man who had killed said president, Pietro Maximoff. The extremist had it coming, loathe as Siegfried was to think such a thing.

Siegfried lifted his stony gaze from the bloodstain, and wandered some ways from the steps of the monument, eventually coming to a stop at the Reflecting Pool. The quiet and serene body of water did not match the state of things the world round. If only things could be so peaceful elsewhere.

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

"If you insist on being Oz, so be it." Jonathan motioned to let himself through. "I'm sure the tea will ease all of our nerves. Perhaps I can get to better know the eldritch bird in the corner. I'm sure it'll be wonderful conversation."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

"Think fast!"

Two powerful hands - human, definitely, but powerful nonetheless - took Siegfried by his massive shoulder blades and shoved him, headfirst, into the Reflecting Pool.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: Initially Quinn had no idea what he would be replicating. He was never told what Alaric's power was, but as soon as he said it "--So if you were dealing with a hyperkinetic--"

Hyperkinetic. Bingo.

The football left Alaric's hand as if on its own accord and flashed in a blur into Quinn's already waiting hands that was poised six times faster than it would normally be. It smacked into his palm before being flung right back to Alaric's grip as if it had never even left it in the first place. The whole trade was over in the blink of an eye, a beat of a heart, a flash of lightning.

"That wizard and more."

"Cheyeah," Quinn grinned. "So now what do I do?"

Edited by Arya Stark

Krystal sighed, dropping her guard a bit, she didn't intent to be at odds with this girl. "Good for you...but pacifism doesn't really work for me...at all." Krystal sat down on the floor, resting her back against a pillar. "Not saying I'm not willing to give it a shot or anything, it just literally doesn't not work for me."

IC: Nathan

"It's a miracle I'm not swearing more considering the amount of freakin pain I'm in."

IC: Taken thoroughly unawares, Siegfried pitched forward into the reflecting pool in a rush of robes and undignified nordic yelping. There was a moment of silence as Siegfried took in his current position, then the water began frothing before the Asgardian flowed from the water with fury engraved across his face, electricity flashing across his form without harming him, his command of the element making the crackling energy little more than dramatic effect. The hand that shot out to grab his assailant by the neck, however, was not.

Stopping the writhing electricity just before making contact, and sweeping his now soaked tresses out of his sopping wet face, Siegfried's crackling blue eyes locked onto his would be attacker.

"You who would dare make an assault on me shall regret your decision with every fiber of your soul by the time I-"

The oncoming Asgardian style rant of vengeance was cut off by Siegfried's stunned recognition of who, exactly, he was grabbing.

IC:

"Hey, Siegfried," Brando croaked, grinning a little bit as Siegfried lifted the easily-six-foot marksman off the ground like a tree branch. "Has anyone ever told you that you have surprisingly soft hands?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Any particular reason for that?" Tera asked, uncrossing her arms as soon as she realized that she'd crossed them. "You don't seem violently psychopathic."

IC:"And I'm sure you'll find him a very engaging conversationalist."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Triblade

“Lot of new faces here,” Matt said as he entered the room where most of the students and X-Men were currently talking.

He flopped himself down onto one of the couches. A few minutes ago he’d gone upstairs and changed out of his torn and bloodstained costume back into some normal clothes.

“Huh, I left Nicole in California… and she has my car. I’m probably never going to see that thing again. I wonder how she’s taking the news about her dad…”

IC: Releasing Brando immediately, Siegfried's shoulder's shook as he slowly but surely gave way to a chuckle, then full blown hearty laughter. Once his mirth died down, Siegfried shook his head. "Brando Barton. I see tales of your death have been greatly exaggerated. It is good to see you live, though you chose quite the risky way to show it."

IC:

"Yeah, well, you of all people should know how things get with the, uh...Powers That Be. I'm on assignment for someone who makes Fury look like a valet on the chain of command. Err..I assume you saw what happened with Pietro Maximoff? You know..."

Brando made a finger gun and fired it off in the direction of the Washington Monument with a "pew" sound.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Feral

John pulled open the door and fitted the keys into the ignition before cranking the car to life. It was a nice car; really nice, for an old Chevelle. It was clear Warren took good care of it. It was probably pretty dear to him. Ash was pretty dear to me too .

“Let’s see how bad I can destroy this car,” John grinned as he hit the gas. The car jumped out of the garage quickly. John swerved a bit so the side of the car scraped against the garage as he peeled out. The mirror on the driver’s door was quickly torn off as John drove away.

“Oopse,” John said to himself. He then drove up to the main-gate and waited for it to open before he peeled out; speeding down the road. The radio in the car came with one of those nifty ports where you can plug in your iPod. John plugged in his iPhone and hit play.

“**** don’t kill my vibe.” The speakers thundered as John turned the volume up as high as it would go. Maybe John would pay a visit to Dallas when he got to California.

IC:

Quite deftly on his part, Warren had gravitated towards Tera, N'dine, and the wolf-lady. The Electrokinetic felt pretty down in the dumps. He'd just gotten here, and not only had the person who'd brought him to the school was revealed to be dead, but he also caused an accident which resulted in the Headmaster of the school being shot, and having a gender-ambiguous person losing an arm. All in one day.

Not only did he feel sad about someone who could've been a friend dying, but he was also mentally hitting himself for causing this.

The worst part was, he was honest-to-god scared about telling anyone that he caused the power outage, but aslo wanted to tell someone at the same time. So, he simply sighed and shoved his hands in his pockets, in the typical fashion that he did when he felt down and did/didn't want to talk about it.

"You know," Warren started, addressing Krystal. He absentmindedly kicked a non-existant rock on the floor, while watching the lupine mutant out of the corner of his eye, "Such feelings are the result of bad experiences. It's not that it, pacifism, doesn't work for you, it's just that you haven't gotten it to work when you've tried... So if you're able to get pacifism to work for you one time, it would prove that you could get it to work again..."

He then noticed the looks he was getting.

"Or- Uh, Never-mind me. Just inputting my two cents here..."

"Well I...it's a little hard to explain...obviously you've noticed my appearance is not unlike a wolf, well my mutation effects me mentally just as much as is does physically." Krystal paused, explaining this seemed to make her uncomfortable no matter how many times she told someone about her mutation's side effects. "I have a bestial side, always raging in me, when it's in control I am not much different from wild animal."

Krystal rubbed her arms almost unconsciously. "I've gotten better at keep it under control, but it's always influencing my behavior, especially if I am particularly upset or angry. In all honesty might not take much for me to lose my temper and do something... regrettable." Krystal said, sounding a bit ashamed at the last part.

"It doesn't help that I've got the lycan curse as well, which just complicates my problems. Yeah, that's a real thing, you can ask the kid in the wheelchair."

Edited by Snelly

IC:

"Yeah, well," Brando replied, pulling up a picture of a somewhat dark-skinned Caucasian man on his phone and zooming on the face, "meet Daken Akihiro, Mister Herald of Dark Times himself. Got a rap sheet that even you'd have trouble lifting up, known psychopath with marginally human tendencies, and known lieutenant slash hired gun of the very cyberterrorist unit I had to fake my death to track effectively. So you see where my problem is, here."

IC:

"Well, you've seen the school for yourself. If you're in, you're in. I can have your stuff sent up to the dorm of your choice within the hour. If not, no hard feelings."

Alaric shrugged, and his lips pursed for a second before forming a grin.

"Between you and me, I didn't really have a choice in coming here - being the son of an X-Man and all - but...if I did, I'd probably choose to stick around. In the end, it's worth it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You're not being ignored." Tera commented off handedly to Sohail, as she crouched down, so she could actually be at Krystal's level, rather than continuing talking down at her. "I'm Tera Laurent."

She held out a hand to shake.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Siegfried frowned. "Indeed."

Siegfried drummed his fingers against his bicep for a few moments. "So what's your plan? Aside, of course, from taking down the entire organization, Pietro's executioner included."

---

At the mention of "kid in the wheelchair", Nero waved in a friendly fashion with a quick "Yo."

IC:

"Well, there goes my plan A," Brando remarked with a hard edge to his mouth as he looked at Siegfried. "In any case, I haven't seen James yet, so you up for some legwork with me in the meantime? I'm working on tying some threads together between this and the Vegas thing."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The teenager smiled slightly at the remark, amused by the unexpected humor. "So I did. How about I try and teach you another one? Any chance I could get you to let me help? It'd be arrogant of me to say I know exactly what I'm talking about, but I do have some experience with defusing anger.""Maybe I could help."

fK5oqYf.jpg