Star Wars: Odysseys

Havelock Vetinari

IC: Arcturus, Levi - Coruscant - Day OneArcturus' hand rubbed gently on his chin as he gazed upon his padawan. Levi, to his credit, only shifted slightly to belie his stoic front. Arcturus was silent for a few more moments, then said "My judgement will be based on what my padawan has to say for himself. Your report, Levi?"Levi's eyes widened, and he swallowed uncomfortably, but after a few moments, he began. "Upon arriving, I feel as if we had the situation under control. The Rogue, Solei Ger'verai was near incapacitated, and we had her handily surrounded. Before we could complete the apprehension, however, a Sith of unknown origin arrived. I imagined we were truly in trouble. But the Sith seemed to only wish to settle things peacefully... Or at least without further conflict. They attempted to explain their case, claiming ownership of the holocron, and wanting to leave without any further repercussions. We were at a standstill for a moment, but I attempted to play into the situation, attempting to retrieve the holocron at the very least, trying, at the very least, to make it understood that by taking the actions they had, there was no reason for them to expect to have such leverage over negotiating departing on their terms.Despite my own ideas, Knight Faraxa deemed the situation to be more beneficial and safe if we allowed them their escape. I gave way willingly to her decision as the chosen leader of the mission. As she stated, her intent to achieve the best possible outcome for her team lead her decision, and I don't believe she should be condemned for that."Arcturus' gaze hadn't shifted at all during Levi's report. Hands folded back into his sleeves, Arcturus sized up his padawan a few moments more, before speaking."As keepers of peace and order, practicing tolerance and peaceful ends to conflict are principles that unquestionably should be present in all Jedi. The intent behind your actions was commendable. However, the choices made directly went against the orders you were given, as well as the knowledge imparted on you. Allowing the rogue to escape was unfortunate enough, but allowing a Sith, an unknown variable of that magnitude, to escape is near unacceptable. You will hand your saber over to me, Levi, and are to remain at the temple. Suspended, I believe the term is, from duty, until further notice."Levi's face tightened with shame, but he unclipped the saber from his belt and handed it to Arcturus, who clipped it alongside his other two sabers."As for Knights Erif and Faraxa, your fate will be decided by the council itself." Arcturus finished, before stepping back, returning the floor to the council.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: (Rorl, Bounty) Rorl checked his machine blaster, making sure the large gun was in working order and had plenty of ammo. Satisfied, he strung it across his back and pulled out his vibro-greatsword, which he could wield with one hand if need be. That checked out too, and he shut it off and put it in the sheath attached to his Mandalorian armor.IC: (Roma, Bounty)Roma's slugthrower and pistol had plenty of ammunition, and the attractive bounty hunter's face already had her absorption mask covering it. Her armor (which took the form of a black skintight plated jumpsuit) was concealed under normal civilian clothes.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Djashell, Day 11): Syaa had modified the armour for the jungles of Kalee. It was coated in greens and greys which would let her disappear into the foliage, liberally dusted with natural pollens that should fool anything trying to pick her out with smell or chemical scans and had the cooling systems designed to deal with high heats and humidity. She had a rifle slung across her back, a smaller pistol at her belt, along with a vibroblade knife should any cutting be needed. She had what she needed to fight if she had to but had retained the manoeuvrability she'd need moving through plantlife.Djashell cast a glance at Kyto and Cath, festooned with seemingly every weapon they could lay their multiple hands on. <Are you intending on killing everything you find on the planet?> she asked sarcastically

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Waiting for response from Frost Dragon via PM. So no Council Post)IC (Solei, Coruscant, Day Two)Solei paused at that, unsure about how she should respond. "The color is unimportant so long as they perform their function." She blinked for a moment and noticed a lack of weight in a certain pocket. "The holocron. Where is it?" If it had been stolen or taken from her, then she would not be pleased. Not pleased at all. Something of an understatement considering what she went through to get it.IC (The Bounty, Day Eleven, Kalee Orbit)The ships that would take the hunters to the surface of Kalee were a motley bunch. Common to the space ways and easy to replace. They would be hard to identify and there was little evidence the Trade Federation had anything to do with them. Their doors were open, their controls primed...OOC: We are adding a new staff member. Koth and I can't keep up and the RP is suffering for this.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: So do we send in resumes or do you have someone in mind? 3DS post = short.IC: (Rorl, Day One)The massive man checked his weapons one last time, ran a check on his armor, and boarded one of the craft.IC: (Roma, Day One)Roma muttered softly to herself as she checked her armor, making sure none was visible. She too boarded the ship.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Bro, from what I know, Gravs is waiting on you to make a Council post.IC-Jaron:"Well, earlier it was in your hand," Jaron said. "Now it appears you've set it down so that you might sit up. I was studying it while you were out," he then offered, as explanation as to why it wasn't in the inner pocket of the robes where she'd put it."As well, part of the function of the robes is too look good-appearances matter in my normal job, as well. So the colour actually is relevant, seeing as it makes you look good."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Someone has been contacted.I can't handle running so many plot threads. I was hoping people would meet up and form their own little groups...but that didn't happen very much. So yeah, I need someone to help keep the setting moving. Activity has kinda been dying off and I'm sure I missed replying to someone somewhere.IC (Council)"Grave this matter is." Master Yoda paused and rubbed his chin for a moment before letting out a small, almost defeated sigh. He turned his gaze to Faraxa and shook his head. "Allowed a Sith to escape you did. Taught you were, about the nature of the Dark Side. Monster he was, not being. Evil, consumed by. Tools of the Dark Side the Sith are, nothing more. No pleasure in this I take, but betrayed the Order you have. My judgement it is, that banished you will be." Yoda looked to the other members of the Council and most of them, some reluctantly, nodded. "Done it is. Leave us you will. Your home this is not."A few of the Councilors had hard expression, as if biting back some choice words, but they held their tongues. Yoda spoke again, shifting his gaze to Erif. "Stopped this you could have. But not your fault this turn of events is. Suspended you are, pending further ruling. Turn in your saber you will."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: (Erif, Day One)One of Erif's eyes twitched, and he dropped the pebble. Shockingly, the force didn't begin to vibrate as the young Jedi closed his eyes, his breathing calming down. It wasn't often he did this, and most knew it wasn't a good idea to disturb him when he did. Softly he said, too quiet for anyone to hear but Faraxa, who he wasn't addressing, "Would it really have been better the other way?" He fell silent, his lips barely moving until his eyes blared open. "I respect your decision Master Yoda. Though, I wish to ask about getting a second chance for us all. Maybe if we could track this Sith and deal with him, would we-" he glanced at Faraxa. "-be forgiven?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Council, Day One, Coruscant)"That would be most unwise." Another master spoke then, Yarael Poof. He was a pale-skinned, dome-headed creature with a rather long neck. "You have already failed once, sending you to try again is simply bad tactics. You are dismissed. We must try to repair the damage you have done." Yaraeal waved dismissively at the door. A Sith was on the loose, and that meant the entire galaxy was at risk once more. They would need to act fast.

IC(Kalee System, Day Five): Meanwhile, after a thoroughly uneventful hyperspace journey, a Sith - but don't tell anyone that - was making his final approach to what, if everything went quite well, would be rather a lot of credits. As the Jade Falcon approached Kalee, maneuvering thrusters fired, slowly bringing the ship to a near halt as its pilot awaited contact from what the appropriate authorities.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: (Erif, Day One)Erif levitated his saber to master Yoda, the pure black handle looking like a shadow. "Still, do you think it would be good to force a Jedi out like this? Asking for a rogue." Erif bit his tongue when he realized that he had backtalked to the council, and his discomfort would be evident.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Jedi Temple, Coruscant; Day One]The Devaronian Jedi felt her heart rate increase as Master Yoda started speaking to her. She heard everything, but at the same time seemed distant. Her fate was about to be decided, for better or for worse. None of this showed on her face, as she kept a neutral expression throughout the entire time the Jedi Master spoke. Untill one word was spoken: "Banished".Faraxa's expression turned into one of shock for a moment, and her posture stiffened with a sharp intake of breath, before the neutral expression returned.It felt as if her head was spinning. Banished? Gone? Kicked out? Faraxa was in a daze, and vaguely remembered saying something to the effect of "Yes, Master.", before bowing to the assembled Masters and walking out of the room. She had spared a glance towards Erif, who had said something to her, and Levi, her expression doing its best to apologize for their situation without words. She stepped out of the chamber, atleast managing to keep her composure untill the door closed behind her.But that was it.Faraxa leaned up against the wall to support herself and blinked multiple times, still dazed by what had happened. She wasn't... a Jedi? It was all she had known since she was a child, the Temple had been her home for her entire life, before she could remember But... No, stop, feeling sorry for yourself won't help... And you can't stand outside the Counsil Chamber forever, she told herself, standing back up. She was out, it had happened, there wasn't anything she could do about it, Pushing herself off the wall, Faraxa paused for a moment, waiting for herself to snap out of it enough for her to walk. Satisfied that she wouldn't fall over anything, the former Jedi started to her quarters, quite aware that this was her last time walking through these halls. Through the entire way, she asked one question: Why?She didn't stop to speak to anyone on her way, and it wasn't long before she arrived to collect her things. Faraxa stepped inside, and closed the door. Best to keep her mind off of it for now... but first, she had to het her things together. As a Jedi, Faraxa didn't have much in terms of posessions, just her lightsabers and a few items picked up or gifted when on missions, nothing more. Well, a bag was always a good start. Opening one up, Faraxa placed what things she had inside, and slung it over her shoulder. She took a breath. This was it, she was on her- what, was that?Faraxa glanced over to the small table, on it sat her datapad, the screen lit up and making a small beeping noise, indicating a message. If the current situation weren't so... unbalancing, she would have wondered why someone was messaging her. But she didn't, and instead merely waved a hand, the datapad flying into her open palm from the Force pull. On it was a short message from... Jaron, of all people? Something about going to see a movie.Faraxa glanced around, considering. What she should do is take the time to go over what had happened, think about the entire chain of events, look for anyway she could have done better. That was the Jedi thing to do, but Faraxa wasn't Jedi any longer. Quite frankly, the Devaronian didn't see how that would help her, and would only serve to make her feel worse. By now, her dazed state had turned into an empty feeling of sadness and loss. Faraxa glanced back down at the datapad, and tapped in a quick reply, Sounds good, where will I meet you?She slipped the datapad into her robes and stepped out of her quarters, her life forever changed because of a single choice made. Perhaps it had been the will of the Force, but Faraxa couldn't fathom why. She could no longer serve as a Jedi Diplomat, no longer do as bit a part to spread peace across the galaxy. But, she would still help. Yes, just because she was no longer a Jedi, she wouldn't stop trying. Ever.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Jaron:Bleep-bleep. Bleep-bleep. Ignoring whether or not Solei was making a reply to him or not, Jaron grabbed his datapad, pulling it up again.Sounds good, where will I meet you?Right at the Rotunda. Be there in a moment."Terribly sorry," he said to Solei, interrupting her, and nodding to Camlach as well. "Pressing appointment, I must be off...you two get to know each other while I'm gone. Solei, this is Camlach. Camlach, ditto. Have fun!" That said, he quickly moved around Camlach and out his little home, walking off to the Rotunda and the large plaza around it.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC (Council, Day One, Coruscant)"He's right you know." Dooku spoke up. "This action is hardly in the best interest of our Order. Knight Faraxa did her duty as she thought the code demanded. She is no darksider, no criminal. She was an ideal Jedi many ways. To throw all of that away over a mistake is folly." Dooku shook his head, one would note that Dooku said 'knight' not former knight. "Master Yoda, I formally request a hearing on Faraxa's status. This must be determined by reasoned debate and not by...the need for an example."Help came from an unexpected quarter. "Of course. If we banish Jedi without proper process...it sets a bad precedent." Mace Windu nodded.Yoda sighed again. "Not remember the wars do you? There was I. Saw what Sith could do." Yoda had seen many good Knights spit upon the swords of Sith Warriors, he was one of the few who still remembered those times. "Tolerate darkness we must not...."Dooku shook his head. "Be that as it may, I see no reason to waste such potential. She made a mistake. Nothing more, nothing less. Is it possible, Master Yoda, that you are letting your memories of the past blind you to the present?"The old Jedi Master sighed and, slowly, nodded. "Perhaps. Perhaps. Have your hearing you will Dooku."OOC: In other words, prepare the lawyers. Or the Jedi equivalent.I do so love my little surprises.

Edited by Basilisk

OOC: ~UNEXPECTED~IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]Faraxa closed her eyes, taking a long breath. She was standing at the enterance of the Temple, one step between the place that had been her home her entire life, and the world outside. She had recieved a message back from Jaron only afew minutes after she had sent her's, the message telling her where to meet him. The Devaronian turned around, gazing up at the great Temple. It wouldn't be the last time she saw it... But it wouldn't be the same again. An empty feeling inside, Faraxa turned back around, and started down the Temple's steps.It was easy enough to get a taxi to the Rotunda, but not so easy to forget what had just happened. For now, Faraxa did her best to think of something else, besides, she really had nothing more to do then watch a holo with a friend. Stepping out of the taxi and onto the duracrete plaza that surrounded the building, There, she waited for Jaron, scanning the crowd for his face.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Arcturus, Levi - Coruscant - Day OneLevi bit down tightly on the nervous knot in his stomach that simply hadn't let up from the beginning of the mission. He had anticipated much could go wrong, but being suspended, let alone Faraxa being banished from the order had never begun to cross his mind. He only barely registered his master's dismissal, Slowly turning and exiting the chamber to return to his quarters. Just what had gone so wrong that things had to turn out the way they had? Why had the Sith had to appear? These questions burned in Levi's mind as he continued his trek.Arcturus watched his student leave, a pensive tilt to his lips. The punishment, while somewhat harsh, wasn't anything Arcturus hadn't expected. The failure to handle the situation paled in comparison to the failure to subdue, or at least capture the Sith. Still, Arcturus did wonder what impact the upcoming hearing would have on the decision. Pulling himself from his musing, Arcturus turned to Erif. "Your words have been noted, and as Master Yoda has stated, a hearing will be held. Perhaps the force will reveal a different plan for Faraxa. Do not fret about it. You are dismissed, Knight Erif."

OOC: 10101010Name: Cyare AaraySpecies: HumanGender: FemaleHome Planet: Manda'yaimOccupation: Bounty Hunter/Mercenary. Pay rate varies, depending on the jobs taken.Abilities: In contrast to her partner, Cyare's methods rely more on speed and stealth than outright strength. She is capable of an extreme level of stealth, able to move undetected except by the most observant. However, the effectiveness of her skill depends on the terrain. In a similar vein, she is incredibly quick on her feet, and a skilled shot with most ranged weapons. Likewise, she has trained to be incredibly skilled with the usage of her vibroblade.Force Abilities: N/AEquipment/Tools: Cyare wears a set of Mandalorian battle armor, styled after the ones worn by the Neo-Crusaders. However, the appearance is where the similarities end. While the old suits were antiquated and bulky, her's is as modern as can be, and finally has a size befitting the sleek appearance it is meant to evoke. Said suit is equipped with a comm device, allowing her to communicate with her partner at a distance. The armor, while tough, is not as durable as some of the more thick designs. For instance, it could withstand roughly one lightsaber blow, though the blade would make it most of the way through. Blaster shots on the larger pieces would be hardpressed to penetrate, but near the joints they would be able to cause some heat based damage with the first shot. Followup shots to any point of the armor will, obviously, do more damage with each shot. The suit is also equipped with a filter for the air she breathes.Weapons: Cyare carries on her person a relatively small number of weapons, at least when compared to her partner. A X-45 sniper rifle is kept in a hard case on her back, and two C-2 heavy pistols at her side. A straight edged vibroblade is sheathed on her back, drawn over the shoulder opposite the X-45.Appearance: Cyare is younger than most people would think. Her appearance would pin her at being in her early twenties at most, and most people never get the chance to learn even that. She rarely casts off her armor even when in between missions for reasons unknown to everyone but her, and thus, few people ever learn what she looks like. Her skin is slightly paler than normal, due to the lack of sunlight she receives. Her brown hair is roughly shoulder length, though it is almost always kept in a pony tail underneath her helmet. Cyare's eyes are a dark green, flecked with silver spots, indicating that her heritage might not be entirely human. Her rather slim frame belies her speed and strength. However, this is the appearance very few people ever see. Even her partner doesn't see her sans helmet often, let alone in anything other than her armor. Her armor more or less hugs her body, with a navy blue coloration combined with gray detailing.Personality: On the battlefield, Cyare tends to be silent and cool, the definition of stoic. She does what she has to do, and rarely complains about a given task. In fact, if one is heard to hear her speak in annoyance while on a mission, bad things are occurring indeed. Off the battlefield, she is similarly cool, but softer in her ways. History: Cyare was, as all children of her society are, taught in the ways of war from a young age. She has spent her life honing her skills with her chosen weapons, and it shows. For a time, she worked alone as a mercenary, taking whatever jobs came her way. Somewhere along the lines, however, she met Cabur and eventually started working with him. Eventually, the shared jobs turned into a full partnership that has persisted to this day. Despite his best efforts, her partner has not managed to work any information about her past prior out of her, and she has had limited success on the same front.Name: Beskar. Means Iron.Model: Rendili StarDrive/Surron StarTech Starlight-class light freighters.Function: Transport, Freighter, Fighter.Weapons: Turret mounted blaster cannon (modified for extra strength), proton torpedo launcher, turret mounted ion cannon underneath the "wing."Modifications: An added proton torpedo launcher, as well as another turret mounted cannon-this one an ion cannon-on the "wing" portion of the ship. After that, the original blaster cannon of the ship has been modified for an increased power output.As well, modified shields, such that it may better deflect incoming attacks, likely at a 30% increase in strength from the original.After that, the hyperdrive has been upgraded to a Class 1.After that, there are a couple of tractor beams along the side of the ship that is not the wing, going together with the next modification.The important modification, however, seems rather odd, at first. The ship has two airlocks along the side where there is no wing, as well as numerous high-strength magnets-including magnetically-connecting wire points. It's sister ship, reverse configured from this ship, has something similar along the matching side.This allows A'den and Beskar, the two ships, to connect, the airlocks stretching out and latching together, the magnets maintaining their hold, as well as the magnetic wire points able to connect to each other on the ship, allowing data and power to be shared along both, limiting control to one of the cockpits, and rendering the other one a copilot's cockpit, effectively making the ship a single entity.History: A'den, as well as its sister ship Beskar, were ships made specifically for the Mandalorian clans based on a special order, with the modifications already present. Obviously, to be used for smuggling and fighting, not as normal transport ships. On the exterior, aside from the added weapons, they look nearly the same to normal ships, aside from the airlocks and Beskar's being inverted from the norm, such that it might correctly connect. Soon were they created, and soon were they delivered, brand new, to the clans-immediately after that the ships were given to the two best flyers of the clans, such that they may do their job correctly.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: 10101010Name: Cabur Manda (Means Guardian Soul)Species: HumanGender: MaleHome Planet: Manda'yaimOccupation: Bounty Hunter, Mercenary, Protector, and Musician.Abilities: Crack shot with his modular rifle and his blaster pistols, great pilot, great at cracking into computers. As well, he's a proficient player of the Bass Viol, both in its upright, fretless version, and the smaller, fretted version, held like an Earth-Guitar. (Yes, it's a real instrument in the Star Wars universe...and the real world.)Force Abilities: Minor reflex enhancement-similar to that felt by many untrained force sensitives. AKA he's one of those few humans who could pilot a podracer.Equipment/Tools: His Beskar'gam, made out of real Beskar. It is shaped similar to the later-developed Katarn-class commando armour. It's big, heavy, and was forged to a shiny matte finish. It has very few pits or scars to it, and he could deflect a lightsaber with one of his orange bracers or grab it with a crushgaunt, if he wished. The helmet, with its distinctive T-shaped visor, also has something like a secondary visor that can drop down, that is a built-in rangefinder for his armour, as well as having the ability to see in infrared with that. The helmet can be sealed, as well as the rest of the armour, and has a built-in filtration system, in case he's in toxic environments, and oxygen canisters can be attached as well, with a built-in timer on the HUD.After that, he has a pack on his back, which he would fill with anything he might need to survive, were he to be stranded from civilization. This includes a back up rifle, dismantled, numerous power cells for it, his pistols, and his main rifle, any of the various parts he might wish to add to that rifle (scope, longer barrel, larger magazines, underbarrel weapons (grenade launcher, shotgun), and their ammunition, and extra oxygen canisters that he might need in a toxic/underwater environment.His other possessions are two Bass Viols, a large, upright-played version, without frets, that he could use his hands or a bow made from hairy tauntaun fur on, and a smaller version, with frets, played held sideways on the lap, played with either a duraplast pick or, again, his fingers. He also has about eight sets of replacement strings for each instrument, as well as one tuner for each.Weapons: A Greff-Timms Industrial AR-1. Cabur has a scope and a longer, heavier barrel for it, with support feet at the end of the heavy barrel, such that he can use it as a sniper rifle, or he can put a larger, seventy-five round magazine on it for use as a repeating blaster rifle, with a simple flick of the fire control switch. After that, he has a pair of S-5 heavy blaster pistols, without scopes. The next weapon he has is a Beskad sabre, with a twist: it's also a vibroblade. And yes, it is made out of Beskar as well. The next Beskar weapon he has on him has to do with his gauntlets: Crushgaunts. Shuk'orok. Outlawed to Mandalorian warriors, by Mandalore himself, but used by the Death Watch. Cabur actually killed an early adherent to the Death Watch's philosophy, one who had come by a pair of these powerful weapons. Needless to say, he looted these for his own use.The last weapon he has is a modified CR-2 blaster pistol, with enhanced power output at the cost of magazine capacity, a retractable, but sturdy, stock, and a shorter scope that was still adjustable for range.Appearance: Cabur, on his own, is a fairly attractive man. He is taller than the average, with messy, wavy bown hair, clean shaven (though he has recently begun trying to grow a beard), and with fair skin. His eyes are a piercing blue, though in many cases, they'll dull to a greyish colour, depending on his mood. He has strong musculature, mainly due to holding up the weight of his armour, with dextrous hands, equally adept at playing music, slicing computers, picking locks, and setting up his weapons.His armour is large, heavy, shiny, and more than a little intimidating. It provides more protection than most variants of Beskar'gam, without sacrificing too much in the way of mobility. Yes, he's a bit slower, but he's just as flexible as many of his compatriots, and less likely to be hurt in the course of battle. The armour is predominately a dark, forest green colour, though the bracers are orange, and there are grey bands running along the upper portions of the chest plate, all of which have a meaning.The green means duty.The orange, a lust for life.The grey, mourning for a lost love.All three important things to Cabur's history and personality, painted on his armour that he may never forget them.Personality: Cabur Manda lives up to his name, as a Guardian Soul. He believes in defending the Mando culture and way of life, and for his friends, until the bitter end. Bitter...that's another word that can be used. He generally tries to maintain a happy face, for those around him, though he occasionally lets his depressed nature slip, and he looks upon many things with a cynical attitude, though if you get to know him, he proves a steadfast, loyal friend.History: Cabur, as many children among the Mando clans are, was trained as a fighter from a young age. Like many, he embraced the nomadic warrior aspect of their culture whole-heartedly, though he seemed even more fervent than his younger compatriots. He excelled at every exercise, and he quickly passed by all of his "classmates" in terms of excellence, and by the age of sixteen, young for a Mando, he was already out, serving, fighting, against the upstarts. The beginnings of the Death Watch.It was in one battle against them that he suffered his first wound, a stray blast ripping along his chest, punching through his then-durasteel armour, leaving him with a long, almost silvery scar along his chest. Needless to say, he quickly shook it off, taking a shot of painkillers, before exacting his revenge...not only on the one who shot him, but on all those hostile to him that day, that were combatants. A true battle rager, gathering glory for himself.It was here that he took his first, and only, trophy from a battle: A single pair of crushgaunts, outlawed among the Mando'ade. He used them against his last enemy, disarmed except for the crushgaunts that the one who scarred him had held, and he used them to crush the life out of that last man.A true Mando.Soon he went back to Manda'yaim, settling down for a bit, now at the age of nineteen. There was a lull, the beginnings of the Death Watch not fighting them, now, both sides content to leave each other alone, for the moment. He knew that the Mandalorians, the true Mandalorians, the Ori'ramikade, the Supercommandos, would one day have to go back and exterminate their enemies.However, these thoughts were quickly expelled from his mind, once on the planet: one of the fighters in his unit, a young woman, barely younger than him, well...Cabur and she had begun a bit of a relationship with each other. Nothing serious, at first, though it developed quickly, among their shared experiences, friends lost in various battles, and happiness that they were still together. At the encouragement of their respective families they soon married, following the Mando philosophy of "Live for the moment." And then, for three bliss-filled years they stayed together, with barely any amount of sadness when they each discovered that his wife was barren."Not a problem," Cabur had said, still smiling, planting a small kiss on his wife's cheek, who was smiling up at him, her reddish-blond tresses falling about her. "After all, we can always adopt. There are children everywhere, and there are always children needing a home."Then, in a pre-emptive strike, the Death Watch struck again. Their fighters shrieked in towards his hometown, recognizing him as the one who had nearly-singlehandedly decimated an entire fortress of theirs. and trying to take him out, they carpet bombed the area. Cabur had just been out in Keldabe when they struck, and he had been unable to defend his home, his family, his friends, though it was likely that he would have been killed had he stayed.He quickly excused himself from his business in Keldabe, rushing back to his home, even as Manda'yaim's defendors were chasing the Death Watch's fightercraft from the planet. There, running in his armour, already ready to grab his wife if she was still alive, and run off to fight back, he noticed something. The remains of his house. Burning. A body not far from it, with a deep puncture wound. Right through the heart.Cabur had to fight to hold back tears, as he looked upon the dead body before him. The blonde tresses, the fair skin. No. No. It couldn't be, it wasn't true, it had to be somebody else, somebody different...He dropped to his knees beside her, pulling off his gauntlets and dropping them to the side. He held two fingers to her wrist, pressing down slightly. No pulse. He brought his hand up, bare, now, resting it on her cheek, a final caress. There was no warm there. Only the cold iron of death. Unbidden, unthinking, his arms pulled her up, into a hug, his tears, formerly held back, leaking from his eyes, streaming down his cheeks. He didn't sob, or gasp. He cried, silently, holding her.Eventually, he knew he set her down, closing her eyes, smoothing the expression of surprise from her cheeks. Then he stayed there, kneeling, bent over her slightly, his tears still falling, his shoulders barely heaving with a silent sob, a sound he wouldn't let free. There were men howling about him as they learned of what happened to their wives or children, there were women sobbing brokenly over the bodies of their husbands, and children, calling out in fear and pain, "Mommy! Daddy! Where are you?"And still he stayed silent, holding his tear-filled vigil. Hours, later, it must have been-it seemed nearly days!-he felt a hand on his shoulder, a voice, telling him to stand, to come, that she was dead. There was nothing more he could do for her.He growled, spitting a curse out at the one who was so presumptuous as to attempt to pull him away from his wife, his beloved. He turned, then, ready to shove the man away, when he realized who it was. It was no man. It was a kid, barely fifteen. He nodded, slightly, before jerking his head off to the side, where he knew a hospital had been."Stretcher," he growled out, his voice raw. Rasping. "Now. And a cloth." He had to observe propriety, after all. He couldn't just drag her through the dirt, and he couldn't leave her dead body open completely to the elements, for any scavenging creature to smell...and he musn't allow the sight of death to fall on others. The kid quickly nodded, getting him what he needed, and helping him carry the stretcher, now with a woman upon it, to Cabur's speeder, which quickly took them back to Keldabe.Then he began his job as a mercenary, a bounty hunter. A gun for hire. And at the same time, a fighter for his land and people. A true Mando. He took his armour, painted green, for duty, and added two things more: The bracers he coloured orange, to symbolize a lust for life, something that had characterized him and his wife, and now that he would remind himself that he needed to have. And then, two of the plates for his cuirass, he coloured grey. Mourning a lost love. His wife, gone, everywhere but in his heart."Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adic, ni partayli, gar darasuum," he growled as he worked. Over and over again. He had made it a point to say it daily, but now, he said it with every painstakingly slow and careful brush stroke. "I'm still alive, but you are dead. I remember you, so you are eternal."Soon he was finished, and that was when he began taking jobs, selling out his skills to the highest bidder, like many Mando'ade did. He passed through with many partners, a new one each mission, one time coming across one specific, a Mando by the name of Cyare."Don't come out of your armour much, do you?" Cabur growled out, looking at the pale girl before him, only just seeing her face. She shook her head, not even deigning to speak. He grunted in return, stepping out of the room, having learned all he needed of the job. He heard Cyare follow him, before turning down a different way.Then, somebody took note of how well they had worked together. They were paired together more and more...and the weren't stupid, they could tell what was happening. So, eventually, they entered into a partnership together. Originally they had shared one ship, but the Mando clans were so impressed with their performance that they special ordered two ships, when combined being called Beskar A'den. Iron Rage.And so the partnership continued. Job after job, intermittently supplied with extra money from Cabur exercising his musical talents as well, at random cantinas along the various planets they traveled to, though they got along rather well. They were never short on food, the ship was kept well maintained, well fueled. Finally, it seemed, things were going well for Cabur again.Name: A'den. Means Rage.Model: Rendili StarDrive/Surron StarTech Starlight-class light freighters.Function: Transport, Freighter, Fighter.Weapons: Turret mounted blaster cannon (modified for extra strength), proton torpedo launcher, turret mounted ion cannon underneath the "wing."Modifications: An added proton torpedo launcher, as well as another turret mounted cannon-this one an ion cannon-on the "wing" portion of the ship. After that, the original blaster cannon of the ship has been modified for an increased power output.As well, modified shields, such that it may better deflect incoming attacks, likely at a 30% increase in strength from the original.After that, the hyperdrive has been upgraded to a Class 1.After that, there are a couple of tractor beams along the side of the ship that is not the wing, going together with the next modification.The important modification, however, seems rather odd, at first. The ship has two airlocks along the side where there is no wing, as well as numerous high-strength magnets-including magnetically-connecting wire points. It's sister ship, reverse configured from this ship, has something similar along the matching side.This allows A'den and Beskar, the two ships, to connect, the airlocks stretching out and latching together, the magnets maintaining their hold, as well as the magnetic wire points able to connect to each other on the ship, allowing data and power to be shared along both, limiting control to one of the cockpits, and rendering the other one a copilot's cockpit, effectively making the ship a single entity.History: A'den, as well as its sister ship Beskar, were ships made specifically for the Mandalorian clans based on a special order, with the modifications already present. Obviously, to be used for smuggling and fighting, not as normal transport ships. On the exterior, aside from the added weapons, they look nearly the same to normal ships, aside from the airlocks and Beskar's being inverted from the norm, such that it might correctly connect. Soon were they created, and soon were they delivered, brand new, to the clans-immediately after that the ships were given to the two best flyers of the clans, such that they may do their job correctly.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]The Devaronian did her best to smile, but it was hard, considering what had happened. "Hm... No, wait, don't tell me," Faraxa replied, crossing her arms, but not turning to look at Jaron. "You wouldn't happen to be a certain craftsman, would you...?" she asked, her smile growing somewhat.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: I can't find anything regarding the existence of a DXR5 Carbine, and the DXR6 doesn't begin circulation for almost another 50 years, give or take some. So I'm going to have to respond in the negative to that, even as a prototype. Everything else seems good though. Do you perchance have a replacement weapon in mind?EDIT: Though I may come up with a few more questions regarding the weaponry. Simply letting you know in advance.

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]Faraxa sighed, and glanced down. There really wasn't any point in hiding it, especially when her friend could clearly tell. Looking back up, the Devaronian said simply, "Jaron... I am no longer a Jedi."That didn't exactly come out how she wanted it to, and as a diplomat, she knew she could have done better. But at the moment, Faraxa didn't really feel up to it.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: All I remember about the DXR6 is that it came out at some unspecified time before the second year of the clone wars, and the article I had read left it rather open as to when it would have been made.Hey wait whoa checking the article I read that wrong, I was mixing that up with something else.Derp achieved.Think, I must.Hmm.Why do they have so little info on blaster rifles or carbines from -before- the empire, gah.Hmm.Let's change it to a Greff-Timms Industrial Ar-1, modified to be used in close-quarters to medium range as well as long range, including the other modifications, and purchased off of the black market. That work?EDIT: Wait a moment. The Mando'ade had their own assault rifle way back when, they made themselves...wouldn't it make sense that they would continue to make and issue them to their warriors? As a logistical tactic, if anything. Make, and supply your warriors with, your own weapons.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

OOC: Logically, that would make sense, but I am not the be all and end all, I'm just the guy going on what little he knows, so as of now, I got nothin' regarding Mando'ade-made weaponry and it's distribution. But what I do have, is no problem with the Ar-1. Go for it. As far as the Mandolorian duet is concerned, I don't see any problems. Cyare and Cabur are approved.

OOC: Awesome.IC-Jaron:Jaron frowned, not letting out that he knew he'd been the cause of this, before pulling his old friend into a hug-the same thing any normal friend would do. He didn't really say anything, he just hugged her.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]Faraxa let herself be pulled into the hug, wrapping her arms around Jaron in return, while resting her head on his shoulder. The former Jedi was glad that she had a friend like him, especially after what had just happened. She didn't know when it would stop being so hard to take in, but it didn't seem like anytime soon. After another moment, Faraxa pulled back, the smile a bit easier for her to keep up. "Thanks," the Devaronian said simply.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Jaron:"Not a problem," Jaron said, smiling a bit too. "I'm always here if you need me, after all, and at the moment, it seemed like you needed a hug. So I gave one." He shrugged. "Now, let's head off to the holovid. I don't wanna miss it."IC-Cabur Manda, on A'den Beskar:The void of hyperspace, viewed through the viewport of one half of the ship. Blue, white, black, starless, and yet composed entirely of stars. Many said that staring into it would drive somebody mad, with no hope of getting better.Cabur, well, he must already have been mad, then, because he liked watching the void fly past the ship. Sighing, he stood up, stowing a small picture he'd also been looking at back in the small hiding place he'd prepared for it-he didn't want anybody who explored the ship finding it, and that included his partner.And speak of the devil, when he walked to the main hold of his half-ship, there she was, looking at his large Bass Viol that was leaning into a rack, set against the wall. Her helmet was off, set on the table near her, her hair carefully tied up, ready for her to put the helmet back on at any time, still framing the pale face, her green and silver eyes looking at the instrument with interest."Me'vaar ti gar, Cyare?" he asked quietly. "Can't sleep?"

profiles i guess

IC: Cyare, A'den Beskar"Naas." Cyare replied, not bothering to look back. Even if she couldn't recognize him by voice, the only other person on board was Cabur. And getting here not being Cabur was next to impossible without causing a scene."I tend toward nocturnal habits. You know that."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC-Cabur, A'den Beskar:"Yes, and you know what I say about that not being good for you," the other Mando replied, picking up Cyare's helmet from the table, turning it about, looking at it, before setting it back down, scratching his chin slightly. Stubble was growing up, as he attmpted, again, to try and grow a beard, but the itch was still annoying him."Still, you don't normally come over to admire my instruments, so excuse me if I'm a little wary of accepting your answer," he said after a short moment, and smiled. "Ori'haat."

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC (Kalee, Day..we'll say Twenty-Three, Kalee is on the other side of the galaxy from Wrea.)Eventually, a machine enhanced voice that still managed to sound very very tired flowed over the comms and to the not-Sith's ears. "We have been expecting you. Landing coordinates are being provided to you. Burst transmission. We were hit with a cyber-attack awhile back, we're still trying to fix all the damage to the system. Things are getting bad down there. Hopefully you can help turn the tide."

IC: Cyare, A'den Beskar"And I'm the paranoid one." She muttered to herself, turning around, and looking at her partner. In a single graceful movement, she plucked her helmet off the table, and slipped it under her arm. "Was curious to see what instrument could be used to cause the sounds I hear so often echoing from your side of the ship.""It explains a lot."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:"You've known that I play that for a while now, verd'ika," Cabur said. "I warned you about it when first we decided to enter into this partnership." He shrugged, slighly, before reaching out and plucking the instrument from its rack to his side, with barely any effort-showing his musculature, when that instrument would weigh as much as an eight year old Mando child. Then he started to pluck a simple melody along it, thought still keeping his attention on Cyare."Want a glass of caf while you're up, ner copikla burc'ya?" he again asked with a grin.

profiles i guess

10101010Character:Name: Winter Redsun or Jace HadronSpecies: Human female occasionally disguised as maleHome Planet: Aquilaris MinorOccupation: Black market bounty hunter (moderate to high income bracket)Abilities: She's a good swoop racer and capable pilot, as well as an accomplished escape artist, notable skills in the life of a criminal. Also worth mentioning is her good ability to negotiate, allowing her to be a successful diplomat when that skill is called for. Her most important ability is her knack at killing Force-sensitives and she invented many ways to slay them.Force Abilities: None.Equipment/Tools: She has a slugthrower carbine, a blaster rifle and stun stick. She also has a plasma torch. The carbine fires cortosis bolts to short out lightsabers and is powerful enough to penetrate most armor. She wears medium torso armor with phrik shoulder , elbow and knee pads. For headgear she has a helmet with a hidden camera.Appearance: Average in height, Winter tries to keep a low-profile body to better blend in and disguise herself. As a female, she has brown hair in bangs brushed to the side and wears terracotta leather pants and matching boots in addition to her maroon armor suit with silver pads. Her weapons are worn on a utility belt below the waist, though her plasma torch is stowed in a cavity on her chest. Her helmet has a silver-tinted visor.As a man, she wears regular blue military trousers and a military-style jacket and styles her hair differently with a few gray streaks. She also applies facial hair when in her Jace persona, something she's gotten so good at that it's impossible to tell they are fake hairs.Personality: Although most bounty hunters were known to be rivals to one another and untrusting, Winter tries to keep everyone away at arm's-length to prevent attachment and a blown cover. She refuses to share details about her past and doesn't go into detail about her beliefs, instead maintaining objectivity and rationality. As Winter she is a cold murderer who almost relishes killing Jedi and Sith alike but can suffer breakdowns when things are beyond her control. She also enjoys gambling.As Jace, however, "he" is warmer, if superficially, and maintains a social air. Nevertheless, in order to pretect her identity "he" remains detached and avoids more contact with people than necessary.History: The past she often relates is one of a beautiful childhood with bliss and fortune on the warm ocean beaches of her homeworld. However, a disaster occurred in her family and she was separated from her parents until they died. Eventually she found herself in the employ of the underworld until she bought her freedom and, in search for a purpose to fulfill her whims and wishes for freedom, excitement and money, she landed a bounty hunter job. She'll take most any job that pays, but she particularly enjoys fighting Jedi and Sith.Ship:Name: Past MistakesModel: H-Type Nubian yachtFunction: Personal transportWeapons: A single laser cannon on the bottom of the right side of the hull and a single proton tube on the left side.Modifications: The weapons were added on, and a Class 5 hyperdrive. She has a small hangar that holds a single speeder bike. The overall chrome was tinted bronze.History: Bought at an auction in Coruscant and modified in a Corellian aftermarket shop, the Past Mistakes is one of the finest vessels of its class, and one of the fastest, too. Winter has used it in her adventures for several years now.

Edited by EmperorWhenua