Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image


Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Loophole


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
822 replies to this topic

#321 Offline Nebula 2.0

Nebula 2.0
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,276 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 05:21 PM

[color=#000080;]IC - Vaila [Agoritarian Library]: The Glatorian had seen Endelig notice him. Unwilling to cause a scene, he instead began walking towards the door when the Toa of Stone came out. Vaila stood shorter than him and simply took it upon himself to inquire about the Agori who had just entered.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]It took a few moments for Vaila to gather himself before speaking "G-Greetings. I wanted to know about that A-Agori who just entered this b-building. I-I've seen him around a few times before, helping my tribe b-before the Shattering and I hoped to speak to him..." Vaila's voice faded into a whisper as he pulled his hood over his helmet. This had been the most he had ever spoken since his exile and he himself was unsure about whether or not the Toa would understand his outdated dialect.[/color]


  • 0

Posted Image

My thanks to the Toa of Tacos, TacoNuva. This artisan provides me with the banner.


QUOTE
The function of the surrounding blades has not yet been determined, but one senior analyst suggests they are there to make the entire staff "look scary."


Energized Protodermis feels sort of tingly...


#322 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

  • 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 05:24 PM

[color=rgb(136,119,51);]IC: EnaMiddayUnderground, Mining Shaft Alpha, OlfordI hesitate, then order, "At ease." The guards comply, straightening a bit but not moving from their cover. It doesn't hurt to be careful.I now address the Toa of Water. "I know the robot is no threat, Toa Kilayox. Forgive me if I'm cautious about unknown Toa, especially Toa of Water who are in close proximity to an area where a flash flood occurred. Olford is not an island; it is a city of Mata Magna, and I would like to know what you are doing in one of its mining shafts."[/color]
  • 0

#323 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

  • 11,344 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 05:45 PM

IC: Firen

 

Firen nodded, sitting down carefully in his seat. He waited a few minutes, just to be sure there was nothing more his commanding officer wanted from him. It wouldn't be the first time she'd left, only to return moments later.

 

Finally assured that she was indeed gone, he directed his focus to the dataclip. He had no need for a computer, instead he merely focused on the storage device, the data appearing on his visor. Police reports, shaky vehicle video, and as detailed descriptions as could be given.

 

It was well meaning. The officer who had put it together had been comprehensive, thorough. It had given him the background. But ultimately, it contained little of substance. he had no doubt Alylia knew this. It was most likely why she had assigned him the case, he could turn up evidence where there was no physical evidence to be found. 

 

Namely, through the myriad of signals that existed in this world. They were all around him, cell phone calls, texts, internet searches, posts on obscure forums. He could see them all, clear as day. And ninety percent of them he could monitor with ease. They were unencrypted, and even more had an encryption so simple he could solve it in his sleep. He never monitored them, however. To do so without permission would be illegal. And it would take something very serious indeed to convince him to break those particular laws.

 

But the signals remained. And with a thought, he immersed himself in them.

 

The physical world around him dimmed, taking a back seat to the usage of other senses. It was still there, but his mind no longer assigned it much importance. Instead, it was taken with another spectacle.

 

People view data, signals and the software that runs it all as a means to an end. A user interface, to allow them to make use of their machines. And they're right. Programmers can see things a little deeper. They can see the code, the way it all works. They can picture the way it must have been designed to allow the software to function, the best can see every one and every zero.

 

But even they cannot see the way Firen sees. He can see things as they really are. The many signals around him, mere threads in the giant spider's web that makes up the digital world. Each thread intersects with another, creating a repository of knowledge at every junction. There were infinite threads, and infinite junctions, creating a vast network that never in his entire life could he explore all of. And it never stopped expanding.

 

It was vast, alien. A never-ending procession of memories and facts, mixed in with opinions and rumors. For a moment, he allowed himself to marvel as he always did at the ever changing world, invisible to so many.

 

Then he refocused. First thing's first. It was time to review the traffic footage. He slipped into the records, breezing past security by inputing his bade number, though he could see stretched out before him other ways he could have gotten in.Selecting the correct footage was child's play, he he saved it to the datachip on his desk.

 

He couldn't make out much. The driver was too fast. But he saw enough to confirm the reports of the vehicle's basic appearance, and a brief glimpse at the rider's features. That was the easy part. Now things got difficult.


  • 0
gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#324 Offline Shaquille O'Kaithas

Shaquille O'Kaithas
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,818 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 06:48 PM

IC: "I'm Kaithas. Toa of Courage."
  • 0

brokenmr.jpg

 

"hold me"- Betsy Braddock


#325 Offline Prodigal

Prodigal
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

  • 3,163 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 07:24 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Risio Vesania, Central City[/font]
 
[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]After Ophaim glanced at the Vortixx walking next to him, her hands stuffed into her overcoat's pockets, and her face and eyes hidden, she glanced back, though one couldn't tell, besides from a slight tilt of her mask in his direction. [/font]
 
[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]"Pardon me for asking," Risio said after a few moments of awkward silence. "But where does one get armour like yours? Shiny and silver, I mean. I never seen anything quite like it, or quite so blinding in sunlight."[/font]

  • 0
1669_sig.jpg

#326 Offline thelonewander

thelonewander
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 07:32 PM

IC:[color=#ff8c00;] (Salamon)[/color]

 

[color=#ff8c00;]"Mines Salamon,Toa of plasma. Call me Salmon or Sullie, either one works[/color]." A slight grin came across Salamon's mask as the memory of how he got he name "Salmon"


  • 0
War...war never changes.

A wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always

Tales of the Wanderer

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

Everything I touch turns to Ashes,

...It slips right though my hands


#327 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

  • 16,110 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 07:35 PM

IC: Ophaim

 

"Metallic paint."


  • 0

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

 

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146


#328 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,017 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 07:55 PM

IC VikentiosShaking his head the Prime put down the book he was currently looking at and went to another shelf.
  • 0

1322709438521.jpg


#329 Offline Agnes Oblige

Agnes Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Storyteller

  • 4,330 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 09:09 PM

IC: "Endelig", Agoritarian Library:

IC: NPC Toa of Stone, Agoritarian Library:

 

[color=#4b0082;]The old Agori watched from within the library with his Le-Matoran caretaker (and, upon occasion, he would admit to them being friends). The Toa of Stone was, predictably, handling the situation exceptionally well.[/color]

 

[color=#8b4513;]The Toa of Stone stared at Vaila for a few seconds - luckily for the Glatorian, the Toa of Stone did understand him. Even luckier, thanks to his being stationed as the permanent guardian of the Agoritarian Library (along with numerous discussions years ago with the Agori in question), the Toa of Stone was well-versed in the events of Spherus-Magna before the arrival of the Matoran Universe.[/color]

 

[color=#8b4513;]"I know of the Shattering, and I know of the Agori within. And you... I do not know you. But if you give me a moment or two to contemplate the situation we have placed ourselves in, perhaps I will know you soon."[/color]

 

[color=#8b4513;]The Toa of Stone thus took to staring at Vaila, taking in his rather strange right arm, the Glatorian's mannerisms, and then matching the armour colour to the tribes that the Master had told him of, including the fates of those long gone... or mostly gone.[/color]

 

[color=#8b4513;]"Judging from your armour colours, you are from either the long lost Iron Tribe, or you are from the Water Tribe. If you are of the Iron Tribe, I congratulate you upon surviving with your original armour colouring all this time, and surviving the plague. I know of The Master's exploits with the Iron Tribe, but he did not speak much of the Water Tribe - which leads me to assume that the first guess was indeed a correct one." the Toa paused to order his thoughts before speaking again. "The Master told me once that he attempted to help your tribe with the Dream Plague, but a cure was not to be. However, now I ask what your purpose in meeting with him would be - time is of the essence these days, and The Master is quickly running out of it. His time is not to be wasted on idle chat, unless it will further his already quite fantastical life."[/color]

 

[color=#8b4513;]The Toa waited to see if the Glatorian would have the guts to stay, and the wits to come up with an answer.[/color]


  • 0

Chapter 7

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

 

With five more dead, Voltex prepares to hunt down the final traitor.


#330 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

  • 6,792 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 09:32 PM

IC: Skrall / Wilds

 

The Skrall stood up and looked at the group about him. "We are Skrall." he declared. "You look around and see but one of us can do. Four of us? We can conquer a whole trade caravan, if necessary."

 

"It isn't enough, though... not to execute plans like you speak of, Skrall. We need to gather more allies. But where could we find others? How could we reunite the disbanded warbands?"

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

dragon_age_coming_soon.jpg


#331 Offline Prodigal

Prodigal
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

  • 3,163 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 09:37 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Risio Vesania, Central City[/font]

 

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]"Does it peel or chip?" [/font]


  • 0
1669_sig.jpg

#332 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 09:37 PM

IC (Skrall, Wildlands) 

 

Skrall leaned forward. "A grand gesture. Taking the odd caravan is well and good. To attract what few warriors remain to our banner....we would need to prove ourselves to them. Those that remain are stubborn and willful. The fact they still fight is proof of this much. We would need to strike at the enemy in a highly visable and symbolic way....perhaps killing one of their leaders? Taking a guard outpost? I raided many of them during the war." Skrall shrugged and look at Skrall(Lev)


Edited by Basilisk, Jan 08 2013 - 09:46 PM.

  • 0
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"
 
-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#333 Offline Shaquille O'Kaithas

Shaquille O'Kaithas
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,818 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 09:39 PM

IC: "Very well Sullie. So, how did you get to be a relationship expert?"
  • 0

brokenmr.jpg

 

"hold me"- Betsy Braddock


#334 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

  • 6,792 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 09:44 PM

IC: Skrall / Wilds

 

"We must be careful in our thinking. Killing undefended carriages or assassinating officials will not rally our forces, and we lack the strength to attack any but a single settlment. And such things shall only bring us to attention long before we are ready - we must act with suprise, not be surprised ourselves."

 

"Hmm..." Skrall thought. He looked at Skrall and replied, "Guard outpost. That gives me an idea. I have seen a watchtower along this road, to the north. I have not previously considered assaulting it, as it has at least one if not two Toa on duty - and at least ten others - but with the four of us, we can launch a surprise assault and claim the watchtower, and any supplies therin, as our own."

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

dragon_age_coming_soon.jpg


#335 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 09:54 PM

IC (Skrall)

 

Skrall nodded. "I will follow you brother. The watch tower will fall." Skrall looked at the rest of the group, sizing them up. "Of course, we two cannot take a tower alone. You are with us?" Skrall was tired of running, tired of wondering if the next hunter would be more skilled then the rest. It was time to start fighting back....at long last. The enemy would bleed once more. The Skrall were not finished. Not yet. 


  • 0
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"
 
-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#336 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

  • 16,110 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 10:08 PM

IC: Ophaim

 

"No."


  • 0

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

 

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146


#337 Offline Nebula 2.0

Nebula 2.0
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,276 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 11:14 PM

[color=#000080;]IC - Vaila [Agoritarian Library]: Vaila fidgeted with his cloak. His conversations with strangers had not been a fraction of this length, and he was so unused to speaking to anyone outside of his Tribe.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]"I-I've traveled from jungles of Bota Magna to this city of flying chariots and steel spires in search of a cure for this." Vaila replied uneasily as he slowly brought up his right arm and peeled away part of the wrappings to reveal the sickening black flesh and jagged silver plates. Before anyone else could see it Vaila re-wrapped it and hid it under his cloak.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]"Due to this venom, my tribe has exiled me in fear of another epidemic. I've tried Skrall medicines and even brews from the Vorox and Zesk. The medicine men that came from a different world, despite all their new technology, can't seem to cure this curse." At this point Vaila stopped to catch a breath before continuing. "[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]I hoped to speak to that Agori, your Master, and find out what has happened to the Gravity Tribe and possibly see if he has knowledge of a cure in all of his wanderings in this new world. Perhaps you know what this condition is though given that you've been taught by him, and any other treatments."[/color]


  • 0

Posted Image

My thanks to the Toa of Tacos, TacoNuva. This artisan provides me with the banner.


QUOTE
The function of the surrounding blades has not yet been determined, but one senior analyst suggests they are there to make the entire staff "look scary."


Energized Protodermis feels sort of tingly...


#338 Offline Friar Tuck

Friar Tuck
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Staff Chauffeur

  • 4,070 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 12:18 AM

[color=#a9a9a9;]IC[/color]

 

[Aishta's Garage, Ga-Koro-Nui; afternoon]

 

[color=#0000ff;]I didn't have a clue.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Not a single, freaking clue.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]I had been through every vehicle manifest I owned. I searched though the piles of datapads that listed every make and model of airship ever produced in the past two centuries. I even had my computer go through the entire parts compendium to locate something, anything that resembled what I was staring at.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Nothing. Absolutely nothing.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]That cop had me stumped.[/color]

 

[color=#a9a9a9;]Well played.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]I sat in the heart of the airship, tools in hand, kneeling over the most bizarre contraption I had ever laid eyes on. I didn't dare touch it, or even send a single volt of power through it I was so spooked over this. Whatever this was, this was completely illegal, extremely science-fiction, and so in the realms of government conspiracy that I half-expected a crack team of special agents to swarm in at any second. I had spent a lifetime on the streets, putting together and taking apart from scratch every type of machine imaginable, sometimes using junk, other times getting lucky and some rare government hush-hush tech falling into my hands. I'd thought I'd seen it all. Those code-cracker hacking systems in the mainframe? So last year; many of the gangs already had the firewalls for it. Experimental turbo boost? Yeah, I've seen bicycles with bigger engines on the racetracks. A pair of Gatling guns that pop out of secret compartments upon the push of a button? Try one criminal with a hand-held auto-targeting RPG; war of attrition NOT on the g'ment side here. I could go on with all the "fancy" do-dads I saw. Really I wasn't impressed; I've seen basic police cruisers that impressed me more. That is, until this.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]I tipped my hat to them in silent respect. Clearly they had something never seen before.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]To make matters worse, I couldn't exactly examine the sucker either. I was too afraid to remove it, let alone touch or power it up. But that wasn't the most of it - this device was larger than it looked. Significantly larger. So much so that it was built directly into the ship itself. Now the device wasn't that large, but from it webbed a series of tubes and wires that spanned and ran lengthwise and completely around the ship. Whatever it did it affected the craft as a whole. Thus my cation.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]So, the question was... what to do?[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Well, I managed to deduce ONE thing: it emitted a field of some type. As foreign as the design was, there were a few select key parts that I DID recognize. Within the external wiring and tubing looping throughout the craft I could spot at regular intervals emitting-type devieces whole fields would roughly overlap the other, effectively covering the whole ship and, if my calculations served me right based off the power converter, manufactured material watt capacity, and rough craft energy output, about an inch or so outside the craft. That rules out a type of shield - any shield or force field within an airship would destroy it, period. It could be a cloaking device, but it was unlike any model I had even come across, and why would you want to make the inside of the ship invisible? That didn't make sense. The only thing that came close to the design was a disruption field... but what was it disrupting? And again, why the entire of the craft? Nothing made sense, and without dissecting it that would be impossible. Which would leave evidence, and I would burn my favor on that... I mean, it's not as if I could-[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Copy. [/color][color=#a9a9a9;]Yes! Brilliant![/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]I AM a genius.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Pulling out every scanner and vehicle diagnostic tool I had I began a thorough scan of the ship, from top to bottom, side to side, no crook or cranny left untouched. Within the hour I had a detailed schematic of the airship, complete with material compounds and alloy recognition software spitting out results. If I had the time and resources I could make an exact duplicate of the craft; I had neither. Then again, I wasn't interested in the craft.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]It was the prize in the center I was interested in.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]I did this on a separate server, then saving the data on a disposable drive, wiping the server afterwards, using the deep-scrambling option on my memory cleaner to make sure if that hard drive was ever recovered there would be no way to discover anything useful. Putting that disposable drive in a safe place I went back to work, the parts I had ordered this morning finally arriving. Let's see: replace wing, re-build engine, and replace gyro in stabilizing system.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Hopefully I would get done by nightfall.[/color]


  • 0

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg


#339 Offline thelonewander

thelonewander
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:25 AM

IC: [color=#ff8c00;](Salamon)[/color]

 

[color=#ff8c00;]It's simple Kaithas, just apply common sense to the problem. That works nine out of ten times."[/color]


  • 0
War...war never changes.

A wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always

Tales of the Wanderer

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

Everything I touch turns to Ashes,

...It slips right though my hands


#340 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Takutanuva Formed

  • 7,372 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 09:16 AM

IC: [color=rgb(255,140,0);]NPC Caravan[/color]

 

[color=rgb(255,140,0);]Near the western side of Central City, a single gate opened.  The metal door groaned, and what seemed to be a repurposed Vahki Trasnport lumbered out, its mechaniod legs pulling it along at a surprising speed.  Being of the larger, transport variety, the insect-legged vehicle was soon followed by another connected section.  Three more sections crawled out of the fortress-city before the gate closed again.  Then, like some gigantic segmented desert bug, the transport shuddered, before beginning to move away fromthe city.  The caravan seemed normal enough, with the logo of some obscure mining business painted onto the side of each section, nothing out of the ordinary considering its path towards Olford.  Things weren't always as they seemed, though.  But then again, sometimes they were.[/color]

 

[color=rgb(255,140,0);]There were only five guard visiable, two walking on each side of the transport, while the fifth sitting in the single beat-up looking zamor cannon mounted to the top of the drive section.  That wasn't to say there were anymore inside the vehicle, but why would any more guards be needed for a mining company?[/color]


  • 0

dresdencodak.jpg


#341 Offline Prodigal

Prodigal
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

  • 3,163 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 10:46 AM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Risio Vesania, Central City[/font]

 

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]"Such high-quality paint must be expensive. Do you pay in kneecaps full or monthly?"OOC: This conversation is simply bizarre.[/font]


  • 0
1669_sig.jpg

#342 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

  • 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 11:28 AM

-==IC: Kranos==-"What's this about a watch tower, and falling?" A voice called out to the Skrall, as a lone male Toa of Lightning stood relatively close to where the Skrall were, a smirk on his face."I dunno about you; but to me, that sounds like you're trying to cause trouble. Which seems to be normal for you Skrall. But I don't really appreciate people causing trouble." Kranos stated with a slight yawn; ready to move if needed, once the Skrall's shock wore off, since he wasn't there one moment; then he was there. The Kakama probably gave the means away, but it was likely still not something they were used to.
  • 0

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster


#343 Offline More Fierce Than Fire

More Fierce Than Fire
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

  • 14,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 03:24 PM

IC: Having eaten his fill, Skrall was throwing his sword in the air and catching it again. Or trying to at least. His skill at catching wasn't quite equal to his lack of skill in throwing. 

 

"You can count me in," he answered the other Skrall before they were so rudely interrupted. Despite what Kranos thought, he wasn't put off by the sudden appearance. He'd fought Toa before, many many times, he knew what their Kanohi could do. The trail of dust and swirling debris behind this one suggested it was a mask of speed rather than one of the teleporty ones. That was encouraging. Speedsters were often overconfident of their inability to be caught, it made them easy to predict and to fool. 

Since there was an Elite present, Skrall waited for orders, but shuffled a little closer within foot's reach to the fire. He had an idea how to keep the Toa slowed down


  • 0

The bells were ringing in the dale

And men looked up with faces pale

smaug.jpg

The dragon's ire more fierce than fire

Laid low their towers and houses frail


#344 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

  • 6,792 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:30 PM

OOC: The words spoken as Bla Bla Bla are meant to symbolize the Skrall language because I have no idea what it is. Acronyms are meant for the Skrall, or speakers of Skrallhili, which sounds like a good name for a Skrall language. I can see no reason for Kranos to have even a basic understanding of Skrallhili. :P

 

IC: Skrall / Wilds

 

The Skrall examined the terrain. The road itself was raised, and had a ditch along the side. The area was once a forest, with large trees - though spread a great distance apart. Now, however, most of the trees were chopped down, leaving only stumps, with an actual tree not really being there. There was still a small wooded area just along the wayside, the one from which a few of the other Skrall had emerged, but it was simply there to provide a scenic trip. The area was also uneven, with a few hills but not many.

 

He wasn't a fool, and could also tell this adversary was not one he could take lightly. Toa were dangerous - he had seen one Toa of Fire waste an entire squad of elite Skrall in a single strike during the wars. He knew that more than brute strength would be needed here. Rather than take on a defensive stance, he took a rather pleasant vibe and gestured to his food, than to the Toa. He decided to speak as though he were translating his own language to the Toa, in common Agori - "Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.  Please, come and take a seat, and join is in eating! Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. You are acting under a misunderstanding."

 

The choice of words, 'make war', was a curious case. To Skrall, the literal word for this term had special connotative meanings. It would imply an honest, even fight that would be glorious even in defeat. They had every desire to battle this Toa, but none to 'make war' - for one Toa against four Skrall, no matter how powerful, could not be making war. It would only be making battle, in which Skrall are undefeatable.

 

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

dragon_age_coming_soon.jpg


#345 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:44 PM

IC (Skrall)

 

Skrall had been ready to duck back into the forest and what meager protection it would provide when Skrall spoke. It was a good plan. Fool the Toa-creature and sucker him in. Skrall had used similiar tactics in his day, though in those days he had feigned retreat and suckered in entire groups of enemy creatures. This would be much easier. Skrall was used to fighting Toa, after all, he was warrior of the Last War. Toa were arrogant and far to willing to march into a trap to save innocents. That had cost them dearly. For now though, he would appear welcoming. With a grin on his face, he waved torwards the food, smiling. He understood his enemies langauge well enough, but that was no reason to allow him to know that. Knowledge was power.


  • 0
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"
 
-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#346 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

  • 16,110 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:46 PM

IC: Ophaim - Streets

 

"Monthly. It is easier for me to do so."


  • 0

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

 

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146


#347 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

  • 6,792 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:53 PM

IC: Nakenah / Department of Security, Infiltration & Observation Bureau

 

Nakenah moved almost silently through the halls of the bureau office that she worked in - or, rather, for. She only stayed in the office to get updates and the like. While many of the other suits of the place wore their formal attire and their footsteps shattered the halls, hers made not a sound. The sudden surprise often stunned others.

 

As would be typical for someone in such conditions, having nothing of her own with her, Nakenah did what seemed to be the most cliched thing one could do in an office - heading to the water dispenser and getting a drink.

 

OOC: Because why not.

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

dragon_age_coming_soon.jpg


#348 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

  • 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:32 PM

-==IC: Kranos==-"Hmm; well, I am hungry; but what's on the menu?" Kranos asked, curious about that, as he had a funny feeling about the way the Skrall had said 'eating'. He had heard too many stories about how people were tricked by wordings like that.OOC: I'm probably just gonna have him wander into the obvious trap anyway. =P
  • 0

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster


#349 Offline Prodigal

Prodigal
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

  • 3,163 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:51 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Risio Vesania, Central City[/font]

 

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]"But what about interest?"[/font]

 

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Tenebrae Iratus, Department of Security[/font]

 

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]As Nakenah approached the water-cooler, she would most undoubtedly notice the massive Toa standing there, waiting patiently as water trickled into his cup, which resembled a shot-glass in his massive hands. [/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]With the hint of a polite smile, Tenebrae Iratus shut off the water flow, the switch almost too small for his gigantic fingers. As he began to leave, his cup obviously not full, he paused, before turning back to her."The blade you carry; Is it of Xian making?" he asked, obviously interested in the quality of her blade. From the Kanoka Blade strapped to his back, one could assume he appreciated a well-made weapon.[/font]


  • 0
1669_sig.jpg

#350 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

  • 6,792 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:53 PM

IC: Skrall / Wilds

 

"Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. A little meat, some other foods meant for those a little more wasteful than any of us. Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. I ask you, for a moment, to look past what is obvious to you. Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.You know not that these men are innocent."

 

Despite being a Skrall, Skrall hated using the Skrall language. It was too hard to remember and flowed poorly.

 

 

IC: Nakenah / Department of Security

 

"Why, yes, yes it is." she replied. She took one of the cups and gave the cooler a swift kick about midway up. The switch she was holding quickly shifted from releasing a trickle to quickly letting the water out. A trick she had learned from her instructor here. "As is yours too, I believe. Just as your water cup is not quite full."

 

She offered the cup, and thought to herself, "Okay, so I'm supposed to be polite. Offer them things. Keep the conversation longer than... twenty four seconds. Record time. Aiming for twenty-five; would be the longest talk with anyone in the building yet."

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor, Jan 09 2013 - 09:06 PM.

  • 0

dragon_age_coming_soon.jpg


#351 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

  • 16,110 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:56 PM

IC: Ophaim - Streets

 

"My wages can handle the price."


  • 0

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

 

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146


#352 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

  • 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 09:02 PM

-==IC: Kranos==-"Hmm... Well; I don't suppose it would hurt." Kranos said with a shrug, as he walked forward. Most wouldn't realize it; but that was actually him being cautious. But since most would be more familiar with typical Toa; they were not likely to realize that.
  • 0

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster


#353 Offline Agnes Oblige

Agnes Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Storyteller

  • 4,330 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 09:04 PM

[color=#0000ff;]IC: Skrall, Wilderness:[/color]

 

Skrall sighed, sparing the Toa only a glance before shaking his head in disappointment and returning his gaze to the hunk of meat skewered on his sword - it was ready to eat. He glanced again to the Toa and ripped off some meat, placing it into his own mouth and chewing it as he silently offered the Toa some food.

 

"Have some of mine." he said.

 

Although in this instance the Toa was right, at the same time, Skrall had to admit that it wasn't his fault - nor the fault of his companions - that they were forced to live like this, criminals on every wanted list.

 

"Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla."


  • 0

Chapter 7

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

 

With five more dead, Voltex prepares to hunt down the final traitor.


#354 Offline More Fierce Than Fire

More Fierce Than Fire
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

  • 14,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 09:18 PM

IC: Skrall kept staring at Kranos, fingers tapping a triple-beat tattoo on his sword. For now he was keeping close to the fire, so he could stick with his plan if needed. The moment any actual violence broke out he'd give the fire a good kick, scattering white-hot embers and boiling ash all over the ground. See, moving at super-speed meant your feet were hitting the ground with enhanced force, simply through their massive inertia. If the Toa decided to use that mask of his, he'd run over the ember's and nicely hammer them into his own soles. He'd find standing up tricky after that, let alone any speed running. "Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla bla bla blah?"


  • 0

The bells were ringing in the dale

And men looked up with faces pale

smaug.jpg

The dragon's ire more fierce than fire

Laid low their towers and houses frail


#355 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

  • 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 09:18 PM

-==IC: Kranos==-"Alright; thanks." Kranos said rather cheerfully, as he walked over to Skrall, and accepted the piece of meat. Kranos examined it for a bit, still unsure what the meat was, but shrugged, and began to eat it anyway, though he still had an inward bad feeling, though he didn't know about what.OOC: Okay, that's admittedly an ingenious counter to the Kakama. Hadn't thought of that; this really should be interesting.

Edited by BZP Blade, Jan 09 2013 - 09:20 PM.

  • 0

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster


#356 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

  • 6,792 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 09:28 PM

OOC: Nice status update, Blade. :P

 

My post up above is ready for you, Darkon.

 

IC: Skrall / Wilds

 

"Bla bla bla bla bla." he replied to Skrall. "Now, at least we can be civil. This is a nice change from the norm."

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor, Jan 09 2013 - 09:28 PM.

  • 0

dragon_age_coming_soon.jpg


#357 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

  • 11,344 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 09:30 PM

IC: Firen

 

In the real word, Firen's face twisted into a grin.

 

Whoever this was, they were good. No matter how many times he viewed the footage he'd found, from any angle, he could not discern any distinguishing features. The rider wore a helmet complete with visor, that obscured their face. They were a body suit that obscured the rest of their body, including the armor color. The one fact he could glean was that the rider was female. Suit and helmet or not, body proportions were hard to disguise. 

 

Her vehicle was no more helpful. The ID chip had been disabled, making it impossible for teh signal to be detected, ruling out the possibility of running it through the database. Likewise, it was quite similar to several mainline models, making sight identification nearly impossible. The one moment wherein distinguishing features might be spotted, the vehicle tranformed into a blue blur, leaving only a tenth of a second of footage. Just enough to spot the bike start to stretch out. It made sense, the vehicle stretched when it sped up. But that wasn't helpful. That would require seeing the bike in action, something that wouldn't be possible until it was in action once more.

 

There was no physical evidence. None. So it was time to take a different tact.

 

The hoverbike was well beyond mainline models in terms of performance. Way, way beyond. The engineering, from what he'd seen, was on par with his own vehicle if not better. Which meant that whoever built it was very skilled. And if they were as smart as they seemed, they would have built their own vehicle, to ensure no one else knew about it. Or they killed the engineer behind it. A single check at the death records for the past few months ruled out the second possibility; no skilled mechanics had met their ends recently. Which meant that the rider was likely the same as the builder.

 

And with that fact, a profile began to emerge. The rider was female, and a skilled engineer. The vehicle was last seen headed out of Central City, toward Ga-Koro-Nui. Which meant that the person he was looking for was most likely in that village. Granted, it could be a ruse, but it was a good start.

 

With a thought, he pulled up the census reports, and began narrowing the candidates down. Female. That halved it. Ga-Koro-Nui, narrowing it down even further. Mechanic. On and on he went, narrowing down things with all the information he knew. Finally, he was left with a pool of roughly eleven people. Eight were completely clean, while three held minor criminal records. One had minor gang affiliations from her youth. And her mask? The Mask of Possibilities. The other two had a Pakari and a Calix respectively. There was no specific reason to pick one of the three before the others, but the Olisi... Call it bias, from his own youth, but gang affiliations made too much sense. It probably wasn't her. He didn't have enough for an arrest, not even enough for a search warrant, and he didn't expect one. So he would go and ask around himself. Maybe interview her. Even if it wasn't her, and it was a one in a million chance it was, she might know a bit more about the vehicle he was searching for.

 

He retreated back into his own mind, for now. "Oi. Mooks." He yelled to the beat cops outside. "Get my bike sent to ga-Koro-Nui! I've got work to do."


Edited by Krayzikk Bieber, Jan 10 2013 - 02:56 PM.

  • 0
gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#358 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

  • 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 09:31 PM

OOC: That was back when I was thinking up the character. Had the awesome idea for it, but couldn't for the life of me think if it'd work like I wanted it to. =P Does go to show how awesome I update my status, though. >>'-==IC: Kranos==-"I'm all for being civil." Kranos said with a nod, in between eating pieces of the meat. He was admittedly unsure of what this gathering of Skrall was doing here; but he wasn't about to ask that right then. Reckless, he was; stupid, he was not.
  • 0

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster


#359 Offline Friar Tuck

Friar Tuck
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Staff Chauffeur

  • 4,070 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 12:53 AM

[color=#a9a9a9;]IC[/color]

 

[Aishta's Garage, Ga-Koro-Nui; evening]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Wipe. Wipe. [/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]*spritz*[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Wipe. Wipe. Wipe.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]*spritz**spritz*[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Wipewipewipe.[/color]

 

[color=#a9a9a9;]"Hack-too!"[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]*spit*[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Wipe.[/color]

 

[color=#a9a9a9;]"There!"[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]I leaned back on the wing, admiring my work.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]She was as good as new.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]One of the wings was completely replaced, the other getting a repair job; solid, flexible, durable, and lightwieght. The entire engine block had been ripped out, rebuilt, and then replaced with more common parts to ensure that future work would be a sinch... not to mention cheaper and less problems. And the stabilizer had a brand-spanking new gyro, fresh out of the box and installed with a woman's touch.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]And that had been my afternoon.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]After a quick break for dinner I dove back in, giving the airship the type of work-over that I had become somewhat-famous for. I completely cleaned out the interior of the craft, everything fro vacuuming to dusting to replacing the drapes. All the rust and accumulated debris had been scrubbed off, all worn wiring, dials, and paneling either replaced or repaired, even the seat cushions were re-stuffed. Changed the oil, fine-tuned the compressors, made sure the headlight fluid was filled up, and even performed the yearly emissions and general inspection (which, by the way, was three years overdue). Talk about your typical bachelor pad.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]I wasn't even done yet.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Focusing on the outside I scrubbed the ship down, washing every possible spot I could reach before rinsing it down twice to make sure all the soap was gone. That was followed by a polishing regiment, to be concluded by a nice coat of wax over the entire surface.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Spot-finish to wrap-up. Good ol' spit-shine. [/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Flipping my cloth over my shoulder I leaned back, giving one final look over what had consumed my entire day. This baby could not be distinguished from a new one in the lot it looked so good, and I can promise the officer it ran better too. There was even a lovely note and a small bag of compliment chocolates on the dash, a small reminder of how much this would have normally cost... and therefore the size of the favor owed. Swinging my hips I reached for the light, and with a small bang the massive lights in my back died, darkness suddenly enveloping my yard.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]As tired as I was there was no way I was going to bed. Not yet.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Not after I had a better look at these schematics.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]Rushing downstairs to my basement I plugged in the drive, allowing time for my personal computer to boot up. This would be another long night.[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]But this time for different reasons.[/color]


  • 0

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg


#360 Offline -JL-

-JL-
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,597 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 07:00 AM

[color=#0000ff;]made sure the headlight fluid was filled up[/color]

OOC: EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

HHAHAHHAAHAHAHAEHAAHAHAHA

 

Although I did kinda see that coming.

 

IC: [color=#0000ff;][JL - Ga-Koro-Nui][/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;]"So, guys. I've been thinking. This time problem. When will it catch up to us?"[/color]


  • 0

 n

  (╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013





0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users