UNSC Comm Channels (Halo: Forerunners Discussion)

Axilus Prime

Strike team? I have a guy devoted to being a member of a strike team! He's an ODST, uses a Sniper Rifle, his grenades are smoke, and he has active camoflouge. And a squad of three other guys with the exact same loadout. I'll give him an IC once you post, Flaredrick.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I made post.

Got ignored.

hypocrisy alert

Lol'd.

Ignored my rear end!

You were with some Marines who boarded the Vengeance, and if you were with them, then you boarded right next to the other PCs.

Which means you are one of the people who has to deal with a Wraith and two Ghosts.

Anyway, I'm waiting for more people to respond, since if I respond every time one of you posts, time gets messy.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Welp, I finally discovered this.

Just to say I probably won't be joining. =P

Yeah, just generally don't like at all what H4 did to the story, or H4 itself, so I won't be too enthusiastic about an RPG unless it takes place before it and doesn't follow the same storyline as it. :

Of course, I didn't read much of it due to time restraints when I found it, so if it's only loosely (very loosely) based on H4's story, I might consider joining. Could someone perhaps explain the story to me in a very concise manner?

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw that it also seems to be incorporating the gameplay mechanics of H4, which were my least favorite part, so. :

- :burnmad:

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Actually it's more generally the gameplay mechanics of Halo everything.

And that thing about H4 loadouts is more of a general thing, you can actually have a sniper or an SMG or whatever.

Besides, it might take a turn to leaning towards Reach, which you said was your favorite. The reason for this is my status, evidently being sick in the stomach made me sick in the head the first time I tried Reach. It's now also my favorite.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Alright, starting to read the RPG.

Can't help but be bugged a bit by the explanation of rampancy. =PCortana splitting into multiple personalities was only a specific case, brought on by her earlier use of Covenant A.I. Software that creates copies of A.I.s (as the Covenant are actually pretty stupid, they couldn't make even as many A.I.s as the UNSC, who had way too few anyway), used so she could send part of herself along with the Chief to assist him in destroying the Unyielding Hierophant, while her core remained on whatever danged ship they were on at the time (don't feel like checking the book right now =P), so she could pilot it. Rampancy is just when A.I.s start to think too much or something, and end up destroying themselves. (This time, I just can't find the right book. =P)And you have no idea how painful that was to type on an iPad. =PAs for Bornstellar, he was sort of filled with hate for humans. At least, the Didact part of him was. He was the one on Requiem, and the one who did everything after they were captured on the San'Shyuum home world, which was where the original was killed.

As for the no acrobatics thing, I'd think it's not so much the weight of the armor as it is the bulkiness. If they can walk and run and jump, and if Jorge can pick up Noble Six like in Reach, they can probably stand on their hands. It's just that the armor is far too restricting for them to do so, plus cartwheeling around is all just fancy crud that'll just make everyone, UNSC or Covenant, want to shoot you for showing off. =PAs for important NPCs not having to follow some of those rules, I sure hope they don't turn into a bunch of OP gods who deus ex machina themselves out of bad situations. If they didn't have a clear advantage, such as superior forces or a secret weapon, they deserve to be killed anyway.

You're screwing up the Ur-Didact and the Iso-Didact, who was from Bornstellar.

Ur-Didact hated humans. Iso-Didact wanted to protect them. The one on Requiem was actually the Ur-Didact, who was considered by the Iso-Didact to be dangerous and downright evil for his basic betrayal of the Mantle.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Cortana's explanation about their data "dividing" or something like that suggested that's how rampancy happened to all A.I.s. But I'm a bit fuzzy on that. Either way, I doubt it will affect gameplay. I'll give people who play as rampant A.I.s some artistic freedom with how it happens.

Makes sense about the acrobatics thing, Burnmad. And yeah, Important NPCs aren't super powerful gods. They're killable, it's just really hard. It's like a bossfight. They have advantages like that, yeah, but some are really strong. Later in the game, a few might actually dual-wield Fuel Rod Cannons or something. Kind of like how in Reach, some Elites can dual-wield Plasma Rifles, but you can't.

Blokfase is right.

And the irony is that the Ur-Didact thought his evil actions were the intended way to follow the Mantle.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Alright, well I have yet to read Silentium, or whatever the third book is, which I suppose probably said that the original Didact wasn't killed or something. If not, then he very well was, as the other books say so. :

Bingo.

And if you can't find the books, you can just read the information online.

Though I understood Halo 4's plot perfectly just by reading the article on the Mantle before playing. My reaction was like, "Oh, so some evil racist Forerunner bent on revenge and obsessed with pride in the Mantle. And he wants to turn the rest of humanity into his soldiers. Makes sense, time to stop him." After watching the Terminal videos it only became clearer.

That's actually why this RPG is taking the direction it is. Gameplay-wise, it's leaning towards Reach. Weapons variety-wise, it's got basically everything. Story-wise, it's leaning towards 4. That's because I like Reach's gameplay the best, H4's story the best, and everyone convinced me that it would be ridiculous to place strict weapon restrictions.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Alright, well I have yet to read Silentium, or whatever the third book is, which I suppose probably said that the original Didact wasn't killed or something. If not, then he very well was, as the other books say so. :

Jason, it's like you're implying that it's possible I might be wrong, when you, of all people, knows how much research I do to make sure I'm perfectly correct.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Keith Andersen

Species/Type: Human

Appearance: Keith

Red and White armor. Golden visor. Armor a bit battle-scratched.

Loadout:

Primary Weapon: BR55HB SR Battle Rifle Secondary Weapon: Plasma Pistol

Grenade: Two plasma grenadesArmor Ability: Jet-packTactical Package: Ammo

Personality: Keith is very loyal to the UNSC. He is strong willed and willing to do anything it takes to get the job done. He cares for his other Spartans and will want to protect them if possible. He has been known to crack the occasional joke during combat but otherwise he is very calm and levelheaded during combat.

Skills: Crackshot with BR's and skilled with throwing grenades, very fast at reloading. Knows how to pilot various vehicles such as Warhogs, Pelicans, Scorpions, Hornets etc.

Backstory: Keith Andersen was part of the Spartan IV operation. Like many of the Spartan IV's he started out as an ODST Jumper before he was enrolled into the new project. Keith was a very skilled ODST. He never feared the jumps and always accomplished his missions. Eventually he was made the leader of a small squad of ODST called Hammer Team.

Because of Hammer Team's success all of the surviving members were enrolled in the Spartan IV program. Three of the four made it out alive. Soon Hammer Team was back on the scene but now as Spartan IV's. Things were mostly the same except the fire-fights were much more intense and all of Hammer Team's lethal power had been augmented greatly.

Keith and Hammer Team got some recent action in on the Covenant on Requiem. The fighting was fierce but they were victorious and at the end Keith was even able to keep a few Covenant mementos: a plasma-pistol, and several plasma grenades.

Keith and the other three members of Hammer Team: Sarah, Michael and Jacob were eventually moved to the Infinity. They are stationed on the ship at this time awaiting further orders.

Weaknesses: Keith has a small weak-spot in his armor located at his back between his shoulder-blades.

So, you guys are only on the fourth page of the RPG? Interesting. Would it be too late in the story to join, or perfect timing?

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

I was gonna try to be a Grunt, heh heh.

But, sounds fun. If I make a mistake, send me a message. I lack a 360 to play Halo 4 with. And I'll get that character (Or two???) up.

Curses, I missed Reach as well. Barely got to play the survival mode.

And even then, I was smashing everything with the Golf Club. Also, sent you two PMs regarding the RP and such.

EDIT: How would I start out? Be in a dropship from Rtas' ship, considering I have a small "Covenant" squad (One Sanheili Major-Domo, an Unggoy Major and two Unggoy Minors)?

Edited by Lavama

Ouch. Missing Reach? That's a shame, it's really the best one gameplay-wise, and even though the story wasn't as "epic" it was more personal. Oh well, Halo 3 was awesome, second best in my opinion. If you've played that, you should be fine. It's the most similar to Reach anyway.

Basilisk plays Rtas, you should ask him what you chars would be told to do. I just PMed him asking for him to post since I can't really advance the plot until he does (Timing reasons), but if he tells you through PM what you should do, you can post before he does if you want.

Oh, and post those profiles I approved over PM in the topic, so everyone can see them.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Name: Tal 'JibumSpecies/Type: SangheiliGender: MaleRank: MajorAppearance: Standard in terms of Major appearances. Has a scar across the back of his left hand.Loadout: T-51 Carbine and T-1 Energy SwordPersonality: Tal is pasionate about the fight. While a follower of the Arbiter, he will view most Humans beneath him in terms of strength, but believes their will holds their power strong. Prone to sparring when out of battle.Skills:-Slightly above average aim with Carbine weapons-Agile-Skilled SwordsmanBackstory: Tal 'Jibum was recently promoted to Major-Domo. The scar was gained in combat with forces under command of 'Mdama.Weaknesses:-Below average aim with small arms-Slightly below average physical strength-Scar on left hand sometimes becomes tender to touching from time to time, especially under extreme physical duress (i.e. straining in hand to hand combat with an Elite under 'Mdama)

Name: Bliplip, Laduz, and ZilmSpecies/Type: GruntsGender: Male (They have Genders, right?)Rank: Bliplip Major, Laduz and Zilm MinorAppearance: Just take away one of the minors, and bam.Loadout: T-25 Directed Energy Pistol and two Plasma Grenades for the minors, and a T-33 Guided Munitions Launcher and two Plasma Grenades for the MajorPersonality: Typical Grunty behavior. With Tal, they are braver than normal grunts, but without him around, they are much more in cowardice unless more grunts are there.Skills:

-Being Grunty

-Good throwing armsBackstory: Recently assigned to Tal 'Jibum. Bliplip is a sorta-veteran of combat (Got shot at once during a training accident involving Laduz and Zilm), and the minors are new.Weaknesses:

-Being Grunty

-Poor aiming, prone to be apt to tunnel vision.

Here they are, sorry about that.

This is the discussion topic for the Halo RP Halo: Forerunners. You put the character profiles here, can ask qeustions, all that fun stuff.

They have started recently, and are currently only on the fourth page of the RP. It takes place after Halo 4 (Right after from what I've read), so that may be something of interest.

Edited by Lavama