UNSC Comm Channels (Halo: Forerunners Discussion)

Axilus Prime

TNG, since you won't respond by PM I'm dragging this into public. First, you instastole the key, giving no time for anyone to even have a chance of stopping it from being stolen. As someone who's seen the rundown of the plot, I know it was necessary for your Plan. However, you're the GM, so I imagine you could come up with some legal way of doing it that isn't rude and obnoxious.Second, you continue to yell at the players and staff for not sending their spartans after the key. You continue to not show patience for this "irrealism", though what made this situation in the first place was not really realistic.These people were fighting for their lives up until a second ago, and most are injured in some way.Just, remember. This is NOT a video game. The plot must be fluid, the players MUST be allowed to change it. I don't know if you'll let us reclaim the key, when it comes to it.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Admittedly, from what I've seen so far, and what I know, I have one word. It starts with an "r", has "ail" in it, and ends in "roading".

But what do I know? I think Kaithas put it quite nicely.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Uh...I can't respond to PMs (Or this topic for that matter) when I'm asleep. Time zones and all that.

Actually I gave multiple chances, but everyone just stayed right where they were and did not stop the Key from being stolen.

Ok, I could have been more polite about it, but several days passed in real time without them going after the key. Some of them even posted but disregarded the orders. Also, when the transmissions rang out during the battle, the posts made no indication that they had any intention of even acknowledging the existence of such an order.

I don't see what was unrealistic about the Covenant finding the key. I even put that flashback post to explain why they know exactly where it was.

Well, Ilja has a crack in his bone. The rest don't seem to have any injury other than a few bruises from the enemy fire impacting their armor.

The fact that I stole the key is proof of what you said. It's not a video game. The players can change the plot. They did, by not saving the key. This was sort of meant to be an "intro" to the whole RPG. Everyone has their first battle. I didn't even intend to take the Key this time, but realism and player reaction dictated that I did. Also, the Arbiter wasn't meant to show up until mid-plot, but a player gave him a call, so I had to bring him in.

Which also means that of course they have a chance to reclaim the Key if they board the ship as soon as humanly possible. It'll be harder than defending it on their own home turf, and if they aren't fast enough it'll end up on the ship's bridge where they'll have to fight Jul 'Mdama for it, but it's still possible.

Also, the fact that Canis just called in the Arbiter's forces will buy some extra time and make the job not be a suicide mission. Now there's the kind of initiative I was expecting from all of you.

---

Krayzikk, I have no idea why you are complaining. You are the one who suggested I make a call like that in the first place.

As for railroading, already gave an answer to that in my reply to Kaithas.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I don't recall complaining about the call.

And I think the point that Kaithas is trying to make is that you sent an NPC, who walked in, grabbed the key, and teleported out. That would be autohitting in any definition of the word.

Plus, while you can't reply to PMs while you sleep, you can while you're awake. And I happen to know you've been awake since Kaithas PMd you.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

That was a GM action, and considering what had been going on for the past few days, a very necessary and realistic one.

Only TWO Spartans were in that room and alive at that point, with no other defenders, and one arrived at the last minute. Meanwhile we have endless hordes of Covenant concentrating an attack in there. It would be unrealistic for anyone in that room to even manage to poke the key at that point.

I keep my laptop in my room in sleep mode with the browser open when I sleep, Krayzikk. I only came online half an hour ago.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Axilus. In the post where the key was stolen, you gave NO ONE a chance to stop that commander. Whether he had teleportation or not, it's not difficult to figure out where he was going to.I have multiple places to rp, and I can't respond instantly to yours.Now, you've just insulted all of us except for Canis, and you've been insulting our chars all along the way.Johnson has been shot in the shoulder, and Meredith is nearly dead. That's just what I remember off the top of my head.

BZPRPG Profiles

Well, Ilja has a crack in his bone. The rest don't seem to have any injury other than a few bruises from the enemy fire impacting their armor.

Just want to say this, but it probably doesn't matter due to the fact that the PC it cocerns was the only one obeying the orders of defending the Key, but Meredith got shot in the leg.

EDIT: Axilus, can you reply to the Matt/Arbiter conversation?

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

He would take a grand total of two seconds to do that anyway. It was just like when that Knight captured Halsey in the Spartan Ops episodes. With an injured (Just like you said) Spartan-IV and one very busy Spartan-II (He had to take on nearly everything on his own with little cover) guarding that key, and no one else anywhere near it (Because they elected to disregard its existence), if anyone stopped that Knight it would have been insanely unrealistic.

I know that, and that's why despite receiving multiple requests to make a call like the one I just did, and to steal the key then and then, over PM from various people, I did not do it until just recently. Most of the PCs who ignored orders had been portrayed as disregarding the transmission entirely or not noticing it, which is either impossible or straight-up insubordination--in posts that were made after the first order to defend the Key or board the Vengeance.

Ok, Meredith was shot in the leg. But you had her get a brace, and a medkit has the supplies for shrapnel extraction and biofoam to fill the wound, so she sort of qualifies as fine. A medkit can also help Johnson, and if they can't fight on foot, they can easily get in a Scorpion and be delivered by Pelican.

The point with these injuries is, they don't qualify as a reason not to get the Key unless a medkit would not be able to stop them from incapacitating the Spartan for a few hours.

I'm replying already, Canis. And thanks, Flare.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

That's what I'm here for.

EDIT: Here is my profile.

Name: Ace "Hardlight"-363

Species/Type: SPARTAN IV

Appearance: Blue and orange War Master Armor. Under that he has blonde hair, looks like Brad Pitt, and is somewhat muscular

Loadout: M395 DMR

BR85HB SR Battle Rifle

Armor Ability: Hardlight Shield.

Personality: Tends to take battles seriously, but also tends to be a bit of a show boater.

Skills: He's not the best whenit comes to crowd control. He can handle four or five enemies at once, but higher than that makes him uneasy and unfocused. He's good at medium range combat and CQC.

Backstory: Ace had recently joined the UNSC five years ago. Once a Marine he moved high up in his rank that he was enrolled in the SPARTAN IV Program. His rank was renewed and recently fought in the Invasion of Requiem. During his training in the program, he tended to use the Hardlight shield too often. Earing him the nickname "Hardlight".

Weaknesses: His armor came with a defect, which causes his shields to drop at random. Also he has a huge ego.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Axilus, that first paragraph has something incredibly wrong. You continue to compare this to Spartan Ops, which it is not.Whether or not it was possible to interfere is moot. You needed to leave time to respond. A spartan had a sniper rifle. That alone gives a chance. I haven't posted as Beth or Johnson ignoring orders or not hearing them yet. Rushing people isn't going to help, and wounds need to be treated before they go to the ship.Regardless, threatening your players with in game punishment is not the way to go about this. You'll alienate your player base for something that isn't even listed on the rules. Flare, approved.

BZPRPG Profiles

That was an example of speed, not gameplay. And that happened in a cutscene, so it's more comparing it to a story than actual gameplay.

I can't go back and change what I did, but I can keep that in mind in future.

If you can get one other person who would be affected by the IC punishment and is opposed to it to agree with you and post here, I will revoke the IC punishment.

Either way, everyone still has just as much ability to play the game as they did before I posted that post at the top of this page.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Look, if this is going to become a civil war, I demand that we hold fast to the proper way to go about such things.

Pro-discharge, line up the right. Grey uniforms and awesome beards.

Anti-discharge, line up the left. Blue uniforms and awesome hats.

Now have at it.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Already called it off. If I hadn't, then within two hours today they would be discharged.

I won't discharge them, but I will have 'Mdama escape with the key within this week no matter what anyone says or does unless more people board the Vengeance within this week. No point in keeping it open for retrieval if no one will do anything.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Name: Mitch Kvenski

Species/Type: Human/SPARTAN-IV

Appearance: Without his armor on, Kvenski stands at 6’ 7” tall, with a relatively bulky build. His hair is kept shaved, and he has brown eyes. He normally wears plain t-shirts and jeans when off-duty. His armor is primarily OPERATOR-class, however he uses the Verdant visor instead of the standard OPERATOR-class visor. His armor is painted primarily steel with highlights of dark green.

Loadout:

PRIMARY: Type-51 Carbine, painted green and black instead of the standard purple/dark blue

SECONDARY: Type-25 DEP

GRENADE: Type-1 Antipersonnel Grenade

TACTICAL PACKAGE: Mobility

SUPPORT UPGRADE: Dexterity

Personality: Kvenski is ruthless on the battlefield, and cold and distant from other people off it. Those who do know him well, however, say he is excellent to be around, both as a person and as an asset on the battlefield. He also enjoys burning things, especially Covenant.

Skills: Kvenski is extremely adept at working with Covenant technology, specifically their vehicles. Considered to be one of the best Ghost drivers in the UNSC by other SPARTANS-IVs, he is also good at close-to-midrange combat.

Backstory: Kvenski was originally an ODST during the Human-Covenant war, and a very effective one at that. However, during one battle the majority of his squad was slain, leaving only him and one other ODST. Luckily, he and the other ODST were able to escape the battle, despite receiving various injuries. The loss of his squad left a huge impact on him, and he became very withdrawn. Once the SPARTAN-IV program began, he was one of the last to be selected for the program. He battled on Requiem, but operated solo on many missions to take out very small Covenant and Promethean outposts, mainly consisting of only a few troops. Despite this, he has shown amazing skill in the field, commandeering many Ghosts from the enemy.

Weaknesses: Despite his amazing prowess at driving Covenant vehicles, he is awful at driving UNSC-issued vehicles. Not only that, he is awful at long-range combat and will not hesitate to run towards gunfire in order to be able to take out enemies more effectively.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Hey Im back, mind if someone tells me what I missed?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Basilisk is in college, yes, but he's already posted, and he has some particularly large assignments at this time.

As for high school, what do you think I'm in? Only reason I'm not posting is because I'm waiting for all you people so I don't shoot, stab, poison, club, castrate, and drown the time organization of the game.

Whoever gets the reference I just made gets a cookie.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Wrong again.

Anyway, the players may not be able to make long posts at this time, but they can clearly make short ones like Otter's. So, here's the deal.

Three days to answer.

All in favor of continuing the battle will cast a vote to do so, all in favor of having Chief and his buddies thrown out and having 'Mdama escape with the key will cast a vote to do so.

The majority vote will win, obviously. Oh, and if there aren't at least five votes by that time, I'll do something massive without even the slightest warning.

Pk57sNJ.jpg