BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Zeal / Ta-Koro - Lavapool Inn'Better than nothing, even considering it's been a few months since Ga-Wahi.'As they left the inn on their way to the village gates to retrieve Aki-Nui, Zeal tried to make conversation with Dekuna. 'So, I've already explained what happened to me after we last met up. What've you been doing with yourself all this time?'

IC (Dekuna): "Well I stayed in Le-koro after the battle" he said. "The place was pretty smashed up by all the Rahkshi and toa and whathaveyou that had been fliging element and energy-beams everywhere, and they were looking for anyone who still had four limbs to help get repairs underway. The Gukko Force are a good bunch, so I stayed to help for a while, though I didn't actually join. It was a nice change, to be honest, from all the travelling I'd been doing. Helping people to rebuild was hard work sometimes, but rewarding as well. I built new huts and chutes, kept wild Rahkshi from getting too close to the village, and did whatever else was needed to get the village and its people back in shape. I think I get why a lot of toa like that sort of thing so much. Anyway, in return I got one of the new huts to live in while I was there and meals with the force. That was pretty good because, you know, since my house got burgaled and knocked down, I'm broke.

"Anyway, eventually, I decided that you can say what you like about Le-matoran being loud, stubborn or any number of other things, but they're mostly very good people, and they helped me out while I was helping them. I decided that since i was going to have to rebuild somewhere, it might as well be Le-Koro. I took a trip back to Ko-Koro to see of if could find anything worth salvaging from the wreck, but really the place had been picked dry. I was heading back via Ga-Koro to deliver a message for the Force, which i did, so that meant the best route for me to take back to Le-Koro was through Ta-Wahi, though not actually the village, just passing near to it, you know. But then, as I was walking along, minding my own bussiness I catch some talk of Epic Tea, and I believe I ahve told that part of the story already."

ppg2.png

IC: Day

A job? Not one Day cared to speak of, not now, not ever. It was better to just forget...if only that was possible. Whatever the world had to offer, it wouldn't help him. Nothing could. Fight that truth all he wanted, reality was a cruel, merciless piece of karz that kept him locked up within the confines of his own past.

Locked up...oh yeah, the Toa knew all about that. Now here he was, a free man, clean slate, money in his pockets, free to do whatever he wanted...yet somehow, freedom didn't taste so sweet any more.

"I travel a lot." Day said simply.

IC: Zeal, Aki-Nui / Ta-Koro - Lavapool Inn'Ahh, so you're still homeless, eh? Come to think of it, I haven't had a home since I got to this island. Really should get around to that.'They crossed the bridge, and reached the stable. Aki-Nui's head perked up at the sound of the two Toa conversing. Sound Friend see now! He rushed to the edge of the stable, looking at the group.

Zeal stroked the Bull's head, and opened the gate, before Sister jumped on his back. He then gestured for Dekuna to get on. The Toa of Sonics raised an eyebrow, leading Zeal to run a full circle around him in half a second.'It's okay,' he said, tapping his Kakama. 'I'll run.'OOC: Zeal, Sister, Aki-Nui, and presumably Dekuna to Onu-Wahi.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Lux
Brain; right now would be a really good time to start functioning properly again.
What do I do in life exactly? Well, I can’t really say “Sit at home and wait for my memories to come back” now can I? I mean, I can -- but that’d make me sound absolutely bonkers.
Which you technically are...
That’s not the point here, now is it? Right now, the point is that I need an answer that sounds half-way normal.
“I’m a blacksmith,” I finally responded, my posture straightening itself slightly at Melna’s words of reassurance, “I own a forge just a few blocks from here, as a matter of fact...”
-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"I travel a lot." Day said simply.

IC: Lux

“I’m a blacksmith,” I finally responded, my posture straightening itself slightly at Melna’s words of reassurance, “I own a forge just a few blocks from here, as a matter of fact...”

IC: Melna (Lavapool Inn)

"Well, remind me to drop by should I ever need to fix my weapons" Melna said, before she turned to Day again.

"I do a lot of travelling, too. I used to be an athlete, never in the big leagues, though. I decided I wanted... something more. I want real experiences, and stories to tell around the fireplace, I wanna fight evil and all that brass, I guess is what I'm saying."

OOC: I'm seriously picturing this scene as Day just lounging in the shadows, all laid-back and smooth, while Melna's just having way too much fun, and Lux is just hovering around her 24/7

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: That paints the picture pretty well in my head :P Makes for an interesting trio.

"Adventure." Day said, summing up her thoughts in one word that said it all. He knew about those too, having had his fair share of mortal danger mixed with heart-stopping excitement, each and every tale glorified in their own rights. No more however. Adventures were past him now, or so he told himself for the last few years. Logic demanded to settle down and live an honest, healthy lifestyle.

Yet for once, his gut said otherwise. Maybe it was time for a change.

"Ever considered company?"

IC(Liacada-Angelus' Office)She sighed. She couldn't be surprised- word got around, especially when you killed a Turaga. "Why would I give you anything? What would I get out of this?" She crossed her arms, "I don't care about prison, because there are people who would come for me that cannot be stopped. You can kill me, but in the end, we all burn, don't we?" She tried to smile, but even she couldn't fake that. "There's nothing you can take from me. I have nothing left to lose."

IC:

"True," Angelus replied, with a distinctly false note of consideration in his voice as though he'd realized this a while ago but was only pretending to get it now. "But I'd say you still have a lot to gain, wouldn't you?"

That, at least, was a solid point. Once Liacada left this office she had no allies left in the world - Dorian had left her to do his own thing, as Dorian always did, and now she was without any sort of partners or caregivers. That was why he was willing to bet a good amount of money on the wager that if she was thrown into prison right now, no one would come for her, just as no one had come for Dorian. It wouldn't make sense, especially not for an asset that already had a habit of popping up in ugly situations she could have easily just slipped past.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

"Ever considered company?"

"Whoa, slow down, tall, dark and handsome" Melna teased and gave the De-Toa a light-hearted prod in the side.

"No, not really" she continued, answering Day's question "although I guess it would be nice to have someone to share the adventure with."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Kohra sat on the stone-bench that served as her bed, her legs tucked in and one arm wrapped around her knees. She took another sip from a mug of water the guards had brought her. Today was slightly better than before, she wasn't in complete agony. But she was still trembling, had a hard time focusing and cold sweat was making her spiky hairs hang down in an unkempt manner. She looked and felt like a complete mess, trying to combat the loss of moisture, not helped by the climate in the village.

She wouldn't have minded looking out a window right now. She'd heard thunder rumbling and rain outside the previous night. She would have liked to see it. Even the overcast skies of Ta-Wahi were better than the inside wall of her barren cell. But she knew the warden would not risk putting her in a cell with a barred window. Those were for Matoran, the nice criminals. Not outsiders like her. No. She was kept like a rabid animal.

Maybe that's all that's left of me... she thought, exhausted, leaned back against the wall and closed her eyes, trying to let her own inner shadow grant her some peace and to focus her thoughts in a productive manner. She was broken, yes, but she was not giving up. After all, her situation could hardly get any worse. Tortured by her own mind and locked away for what might well be forever. Things could only go up from here.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"Life's better when you share it." Day said, glancing at Lux now, eyes smiling playfully. "And I think our little friend here would love to share an adventure with you. Right buddy?"

Melna cocked her head in a way that almost could've made one go "awwww" if she were a pet.

"What do you say, Lux?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Baranx (Ta-Koro)

Baranx was bored

It was a simple statement, but it lacked the emotional engagement to back it up. One might expect a moving tirade about how boredom really does kill, but Baranx didn't feel like it.

Because he was bored.

As he walked through the streets of Ta-Koro, he grumbled something about weapons maintenance.

OOC: Baranx is open for interaction

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Baranx (Ta-Koro)

Baranx shook his head.

"No, nothing. I was hoping that after Dorian's departure she'd have more time for us, but it seems she's gotten other things to worry about"

"Anyway, that's a shame about your business. Have you considered advertising?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: I removed a thin device from my rucksack- a small rod, easily mistaken for a bit of framing for concrete. It wasn't. The deed done, I walked along the tarmac nearby- I wouldn't leave footprints, you see- and walked over the the eastern end of the city. The best part- the guards had no clue what I had just done.

Now, for step two.

Edited by Lieutenant Obvious

Morally unambiguous.

IC(Liacada-Angel's Office)Lia huffed. "What do you have that I want? Speak quickly, that jail cell is calling my name.""I've got the key to that jail cell, and to a clean slate."She froze. No way he was telling the truth. What reason did he have to give her a clean slate. Could he even do that? Would the Akiri allow it? Either way, she could cash in on that kind of thing. "You're saying you'd give me pardon for killing a Turaga? What do I[/] have that you want?""Lots of things. Otherwise your interrogation for a simple weapon's charge would have been unfathomably different."She shifted a little in her seat, almost like she was getting comfortable in it. She finally cracked a smile. "Alright. You've got my attention.""Good to hear it. Now, let me reintroduce myself a bit more politely: I'm Angelus. The Captain.""Nice to meet you. You know who I am," there was a distinct lack of liveliness in her voice, but the eagerness and interest in the Captain's words was there."Yes, actually," Angelus confirmed as he popped Liacada's file away from her and into his hands from the desk. The Toa of Fire combed through it casually and discerned what he wanted to before tossing it back on the folder. "Looks like /somebody's/ had a heckuva year.""Yeah, you could say that.""I could."Angelus tossed the folder over his shoulder, onto a pile of papers that had begun a slow lean to the right; it may have fallen over if it were not for the fact that several picture frames had been stacked neatly atop each other to hold the tower up."I could also tell you that Dorian was checked out of town yesterday by one of our best and brightest. He's been...reassigned...to work on something a bit more special for us. With him gone, in the meantime, we need someone to fill the open consultant's position."She crossed her arms. She wasn't exactly sure what the job entailed, but if Dorian had a perfect life, this was probably the best way to follow suit."Alright. So I'd be moving things from a 'unsolved' file to a 'solved' file without really doing much?""Something like that. You just kick a cop or two in the direction of the criminal with an idea of who they are. We do the rest. If you think that, you know. You can handle that without spazzing out publicly again." She narrowed her eyes at his slight shot. "Yeah. I can do that," she stood, cracking her knuckles, "when do I get to work?""Right now!" Angelus told her happily, opening a drawer and dropping eight or nine case files onto Liacada's lap from across the desk. "Dorian already got those started for you. Follow his train of thought and see where it takes you."Liacada picked them up and made her way to the door. "Do I get an office?""No office. Paid apartment.""Okay then," she nodded approvingly, "as long as I don't have guards knocking on my door every other morning, this deal should be pretty great all around." She opened the door, starting to leave but turning back for one last question. "Tell me, Angelus. I'm sure there are smarter people than me for this job. Why would you choose a murderer when you have a Koro of innocent people to choose from?""Because now that I'm Captain, I don't have anyone else around I can trust to think like a murderer," Angelus replied casually, the back of the chair already facing the doorway as he turned, reading through a file. "Have a nice day."She did, after all of that, have a nice day. Which would turn into a nice week. And as she crashed in her new apartment, she knew she better watch herself, or she might just have a nice life.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC (Oreius) (Inu)

After resting for a few minutes, Oreius finally managed to stand to his feet, though his muscles still trembled with exhaustion, and his entire body ached from his close encounter with the ground. Never before had he gotten quite so personal with Ta-Koro's streets.

The Guard had the criminals under control by now. The Toa of Fire was still unconscious (maybe Oreius had hit him harder than he thought), and the other two were recovering from their meeting with the black ground. The Toa Maru smiled tightly. Next time they'd think twice about causing trouble in Ta-Koro.

Inu's feelings of pride and triumph spilled into Oreius' mind, quickening his pulse; the Parakuka was hyped up on their victory and the adrenaline that had fuelled much of their fight. No matter that they had just returned from hunting Rahkshi; Inu was a predator at heart, and loved nothing more than the thrill of the chase.

The chase was over, however, which left the Toa Maru with their original task: speak to Akiri Jaller. Oreius still held the Rahkshi staff he had looted from the Telerahk; as far as he knew, it was the last Rahkshi in Ta-Wahi. Over the last few months, he and Inu had become something of experts on tracking and killing the sons of Makuta, mostly thanks to the Parakuka and his knowledge.

Oreius didn't know what the situation looked like in the other Wahi's (though he suspected the Dark Walks were infested), but Ta-Wahi, at least, was safe.

That was a cause for pride, Inu reminded him. Oreius smiled, and silently agreed.

OOC: Well might as well wake him up.

IC:

The eyes began to glow of 'Jet Fire'. But he realized someone may be on top him, so he closed his eyes, waiting for them to go by. "This defeat is unacceptable. I must retreat to Po-Koro and meet up with the rest of my team, and plan a way to break the Doctor and that nitwit out."

OOC: That speech was in his mind, okay

IC:

After trying to smelt some of the ore without the tools of the forge, he began using them with the aid of his friend. By using the pots, molds, ovens, anvils, and other tools in the forge, he practically successfully brought out three ores. He had to readjust to using it, since it was a long time since he did use one. He then prepared another ore to be heated.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Akriin- Outside Ta-Koro

No that I had found some rocky surface(Where I still wouldn't leave footprints) I trekked upwards, towards the boundaries between Po- and Ta-Koro. Climbing upwards, with my weaponry on my back. All was well, at the moment.

Morally unambiguous.

IC (Oreius) (Inu)

The Toa of Fire eventually found himself standing before the door to Jaller's office. Any guards he encountered along the way had let him through without a fuss: the Toa Maru was not technically a member of the Guard, but he held a position of authority all the same. He answered to the welfare of the Ta-Korans, but not Jaller; he was outside of the military's chain of command. It was a bit of an awkward situation, especially since Oreius had worked in the Guard for years before coming a Toa, but it was necessary. The Toa of Fire had no interest in getting embroiled in politics; he and the other Maru had a duty to the entire island, not to one Akiri or village.

Jaller still worked out of the same office that he had occupied as Captain of the Guard, though many had expected him to take up residence in Turaga Vakama's hut. The familiar door reminded Oreius of the few times he had been summoned to meet with the Captain; it was a nostalgic reminder of his days as a Matoran. He liked being a Toa, but there was still a vague attraction to his old life. It had been simpler then: there was good and evil, light and darkness, and nothing else. Nowadays, there seemed to be ever-multiplying shades of gray. The island was changing.

But Oreius and Inu would not change. They would remain the same one day to the next: Toa-Protector of Ta-Koro and Mata Nui. They had to.

Shaking his thoughts away, the Toa of Fire raised a fist and knocked twice on Jaller's door.

IC
Lava Farming is boring work, thought the brilliant blue Matoran of plasma who was climbing over broken shards of rock near the thundering of lava falls. He was glad he was able to take a break from the job.
Zerx was an unusual Matoran. His name was foreign, as was his blue and orange color scheme, obviously misplaced from his actual element. In fact, his element, plasma, was unusual, and the heat he radiated often unnerved his fellow Ta-Matoran. A black, curling tattoo that reminded him of a vine crawled from his unidentifiable mask down to his index finger, twisting into various designs and symbols on the way down. He had an unusual accent to top it all off, and there were always jokes that he was secretly an off-islander. In fact, some of his buddies even went as far as to joke that he was related to the crystal armored strangers that had recently appeared on the island’s shores.
Zerx smiled at the rumors, but his oddness merely came from a desire to stand out among the masses of Matoran, to be noticed by passersby. His life seemed almost superhumanly mundane to make up for this- he was a lava farmer and lived in a hut far away from the center of the village. He almost never met Toa, almost never left the village, and although he waited for it, adventure had never come knocking on his door to sweep him off his feet and carry him away.
Maybe one day it would. He could feel his looming destiny just hanging around him, like the aura of suppressed excitement players had before a Kolhii match, or guards before a battle.
In the meantime, he had some surveying to do.
Zarx climbed over to the edge of the canyon that the lava water fall dropped into and looked down at the glowing red river. The rocks near the edge of the river were still just that, rocks, but towards the sides of the canyon, the rocks became looser and smaller, became almost like soil. Perfect lava farming soil, in fact.
Zarx smiled and mentally noted the fact, continuing on the edge of the canyon and observing the distant earth near the river, so involved in watching it that he didn’t notice the uneven footsteps that were growing louder and louder.
In fact, he only noticed something wrong when he began to taste metal. He stood up. The air was filled with the taste and feel of an intense electric field. The feeling you experience the second before lightning strikes.
He spun around, but no bolt of lightning shot from the heavens or a Toa’s finger. Instead, a skinny toa stumbled from behind a jagged boulder.
The toa looked half starved but still somehow muscular. His armor clung to him tightly. Its spikes and cruel edges, coupled with his thin body and long limbs, made him appear like some sort of predatory insect. A smile certainly befitting the predatory description was his most notable expression, and something evil glinted in his eyes. An equally curved and predatory mask of telekinesis sat on his face. The toa’s fingers grasped and tensed, looking hungry to grip something and squeeze. Lightning crackled menacingly between them.
He stumbled forwards and stood, grinning at Zarx. The smell of ozone grew heavier.
The Pa-Matoran blinked at this malevolent sight for a second, then spun around. He ran for his life. Zarx had never seen anything so terrifying in his hundreds of years on the island, and knew without a doubt that this being wanted to kill him.
This was almost like a sort of nightmare. Someone so evil could not exist in reality. Running away was frustratingly hard too, increasing his panic. He seemed to be tripping every other step, and some subconscious part of his brain was noticing that there was some force pulling him back towards that evil, terrifying predator.
Zarx tripped one to many times, and felt some force pick him up. Levitating, the Matoran felt himself spin slowly to look into the eyes of his pursuer. Rational though left him as he gazed into the blazing orbs, where strange shapes and otherworldly demons seemed to twist and writhe in their terrible redness. He could see Karzhani reflected in the light from the eyes, he could sense the evil in that gaze. They didn’t project a lack of sanity- they seemed to suck in the sanity from him, pulling his intelligent mind into the terrible void where one should have been. There was so little sanity in those eyes that they seemed to function as a black hole.
The blue Matoran of plasma screamed and cried and shouted for help, and the terrible Toa’s grin grew as the Matoran felt the same force pull him over the edge of the canyon, setting him floating in midair far above the glowing red stream of fresh lava. Every instinct he had screamed at him and he did everything he could to escape, but it was useless.
Then the toa held out his unnaturally long finger and pointed it directly at Zarx. In a flash, the smell of ozone grew and peaked, as did the taste of metal, and a shuddering, powerful feeling passed through the blue Matoran’s limbs. When the lightning had passed through him, Zarx felt hollow, like a husk that had burnt out his energy. He could still smell the lightning, still taste it, and still feel a bit of static crackling between his armor plates.
Then the lightning came again, and again, and again, more than Zarx could stand or cope with or comprehend, blasting away a little more of his mind with every shock. The pain was intense, as was the terrible hopelessness of it all. Zarx was being tortured to death and he knew it. That was the worst part- his life was going to end in this terrible, final way. No heroics. No Destiny. Just the victim of some horrible demon.
Eventually he lost consciousness and his cries of pain were silenced. With a frown, the predatory toa mentally released his hold on the Pa-Matoran, and Zarx dropped far down, and vanished into the river, his unusual body, tattoo, mask, and coloration melting into nothing.
The predatory toa sat down on a rock, exhausted, but at the same time refreshed. He had not killed in a long time, and it filled an ache that he felt. It reminded him of the feeling of eating after fasting for a day, or taking a long drink of cold water after a week in the desert. Fulfilling.
He smiled and leaned against a rock, lazily watching the light from the lava reflect off of his blue and black armor as he digested the delectable memories of the Matoran writhing in pain above the river. It felt good to kill again.
Satisfied and exhausted, Selchzar fell asleep against the warm rock by the lava flow.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC:

The Toa Fire opened his eyes, seeing that who ever was standing over him, was gone. He got and felt his face. No mask. "He will pay dearly for that." The creature that turned the Toa into the animal he was, interested could have enough power to take them on. He looked around him, but could not make out if anyone was near him. His head is still ringing, and it still hurts. One thing he needs to find right now is his mask, that is if there are absolutely no guards around him.

IC:

Let's see, if smelting metal is heating it up to the point it melts, then forging is heating it till it can be bendable. At least that is what Flaredrick thought it was. He put a clean, flat and ready metal alloy into his prongs and put it in the fire. He watched as he waited for the metal to become pliable and ready for it to be hammered down.

Edited by Flaredrick: the Sniper

IC: Akriin- Mangai Volcano

Now that I was near the top of the mountain, Now would be a good time to finish Step Two. I pulled the detonator from my pocket, and pushed the button.

The initial explosion was remarkably disappointing, but, slowly, the railway began to sag, and then it collapsed completely.

My employer would be most pleased. That is, if I got out of there undetected.

Step Three! Now that my work was done, I ran at full sprint around the side of the mountain, Surely this path would deposit me safely on Mount Ihu.

Akriin to Ko-Koro.

Morally unambiguous.

IC:

"There's only one Toa that could get by the secretary without an announcement." Jaller's voice carried through the door, a touch of amusement in his voice. "Come in, Oreius. You're always welcome here."

When the Ta-Toa opened the door, he would see the Ta-Matoran seated at his desk, sifting through mounds of paperwork, paperwork that was set aside momentarily. Despite the changes brought about by his new position, the Akiri's office was very much the same as it had been when he was Captain. It was decorated sparingly, almost spartan in appearance, and every object served a purpose of some kind. The bookshelves were crowded with books and tablets of varying subjects, everything from history to tactics, from diplomacy to trade. Illumination was provided by the built-in lamps, fed by the geothermal plant far below their feet. There were no windows; their presence would have been foolish, and likely lethally so. The sole known entrance was the door, situated at the very center of the Ta-Koro Guard's operational headquarters. Any would-be assassin would have to fight their way past countless guards, the very Captain of the Guard himself, and Jaller's own guards to even have a chance at slaying him. And it was well known that Jaller was no light weight himself.Two chairs, imported from Ga-Koro, judging by the quality, sat before a solid wood desk, behind which the Akiri himself sat. In stark contrast to the chairs for his guests. Jaller's own seat was utilitarian, crafted just well enough to be functional. He was a firm believer that no leader's seat should ever be comfortable, lest they become to comfortable on it.

"What can I do for you?"

IC:Half of the Matoran broke off to deal with Razor and Injector, both of whom had been wrapped in iron bonds, unable to move. Their masks were promptly pulled off by a tendril of metal, and picked up by one of the Ta-Matoran. The Fe-Toa responsible for their capture watched sternly, sword still drawn. They wouldn't get away. All that waited for them was a nice jail cell.

For his part, Jet Fire woke up just in time to see a De-Toa decloak in front of him, sword point aimed at his throat. Some of the squadron of Matoran had broken off, and was moving to provide assistance. With his mask, he might have had a chance. But without it, his element might as well not be there, and he was barely stronger than a Matoran. He was outnumbered, and outgunned.

And it was very, very clear that he could either surrender, or be taken in by force.

IC:

Click click click.Click click click.The sound broke the silence that filled the Lavapool Inn, the gun's cylinder spinning, clicking softly as each round passed the hammer. It's owner, a tall being with a hat pulled low over his face, sat in the corner of the almost empty bar. Spinning the cylinder once more, he reached into his coat with his other hand, withdrawing a large flask. He took a long, slow swallow, before returning it to where it was.

The Lesterin, though he could not be identified as such from a distance, had been there for about a day now. He needed a job, but there weren't any forthcoming. If this continued, he'd have to find somewhere else to go.OOC: Rerin open for interaction, if someone wishes.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: It's Infector. Not Injector

IC:

The metal was now bright orange. Flaredrick took the metal out of the furnace, and set the metal, still in the pads of the prongs. He then got a hammer and held it up high. "Let's get this done right."

IC:

Once seeing the Toa of Sound in front of him, he put his hands up, face in despair. They bounded his has behind him, and put a metal bond on them. Though unbeknownst to anyone, a bird watches their every move. A bird that stalks the night. It then comes up from where it was perched, and flew off in the direction of Onu-Koro.

OOC: That bird will be a PC soon. I do remember that NPCs cannot be servants, so that will be a PC.

Edited by Flaredrick: the Sniper

Ooc: Jam I did with Blokfase.

Ic: The journey was a long one, but Brykon was hardly unaccustomed to them. Po-Wahi to Ta-Koro would have been an easier trip if taken through the Onu-Wahi passages on a ussal, but then again, that would be taking the easy way, and Brykon didn't like the easy way. Famished and thirsty all over again, the mountain of a toa crossed the bridge into the hot, superheated caldera the city of fire claimed as its home. He was just another traveller, and so long as he stayed low and didn't look interesting he'd be fine, he surmised. Still, time was best not wasted. He had two people to meet there, or so he anticipated.

Marfoir, recently returned from being stuck in a cave during a blizzard, was now sitting at a table in the Lavapool inn, sipping at a glass of water - the Vortixx didn't ever drink much by way of alcohol, and never when on the job. And, while not on the job yet, he figured that he would have one soon enough.Every so often he glanced at the door, waiting for his superior to enter the establishment. After all, the Vortixx could be rather impatient when anticipating a job.

He didn't much like local haunts. Brykon preferred appearing exactly as people expected him to be: A tourist. And only the really chatty-cathy, culturally-immersing tourists went to the local eateries and establishments. He needed somewhere he wouldn't seem out of place at, somewhere that didn't have a notable guard presence.He mused that Marfoir should have known better.As Brykon passed the Lavapool Inn he tapped his finger on the windows and wall as if bounding the length of the facade before he moseyed on towards another place filled with people from the other villages, a tourist trap themed restaurant made to look like an undersea palace with a line of slots at one side and a live fish tank on the other. "Gali's Galley" it was called. An amusing, if stupid name. He sat down at a booth and waited.

I wish he would realize that over here would be the most inconspicuous, Marfoir mentally sighed, finishing his water. And it's got enough people nobody but somebody specifically listening for us would hear us. Still, the Vortixx stood, paying for the water and the small sandwich he'd eaten earlier, before walking outside.After spending a couple minutes looking about, he stepped on over to "Gali's Galley" as well, wearing the bemused expression he - and pretty much ever tourist - wore upon entering such a place. A few seconds later he'd found and sat by Brykon, looking at the small aquarium on the other side of the building."So, what's new?" he asked the Toa sitting before him, just turning his head to look at the man. "Or is this just a casual date?"

"Is anything ever casual with me?"

"Fair point."

"You're being reactivated," Brykon explained, turning away from the fish and to Marfoir. "It's been a while but it's time. You still in?"

Marfoir leaned back, thinking for a moment."Well, let's face it: There's nothing else for me to do. Why wouldn't I still be in?"

"Because of what we are," Brykon reminded him. "We go wherever the winds of change take us." It was a lie; that rule only applied to the Vortixx across from him. But for all intents and purposes, Brykon was still a merc. "You could have found a different employer. A different passion. A different life, even. Found a nice girl in the bay, built a cabin, had a fam." He cocked his head a little at Marfoir's funny face that said 'are-you-freaking-kidding-me?' "Good thing you don't roll that way."

Marfoir shrugged, dropping the incredulous expression."I don't have any other line of work, and what I do would put them in unnecessary danger. It's good for everybody I don't roll that way." The Vortixx leaned in again, resting his arms on the table."So, you said I'm being reactivated. Why so, where do I go, and who's going to be my business partner for the deal?" the assassin asked, dropping in his usual slang for such work. As he generally worked solo, it wouldn't be hard to figure out what he meant by business partner.

"Two things. One right away, one for after you finish the first." The server came and dropped the screwdriver Brykon ordered and fruity concoction called a "raspberry límøn drøp" in a dainty cocktail class for Marfoir.

"I hope the first doesn't necessitate that I drink this," Marfoir muttered, eyeing the small drink with a guarded expression. "Because I don't particularly trust anything that mixes raspberry and lemon together."

"Drink like the bloody tourists we are," Brykon commanded as he sipped his beverage.

Marfoir sighed, grabbing the glass and sipping at it, ignoring the urge to spit it out once he tasted it."So, anyways, what's the plan?"

"I need you to go to Po-Koro. You'll be brokering a deal with the trader Ahkmou."

"Alright. Anything else I might need to know?"

"Sure. Leave no witnesses."

"Understood. I trust that's all that needs said, then?"

Brykon held a finger up as he sipped again. "After you're done there, come to Le-Koro. We have a liberation force to deal with," he hinted with a wink.

Marfoir smiled at that, a short one."Very well. How's the requisitioning of my taskpad gone, or has it even been done?"

"You're well paid. Just pick one up for yourself," Brykon shrugged as he leaned back.

"Now that's no fun," the assassin replied, rolling his eyes and finishing the drink he'd been given."I trust that'll be all?"

"Hmmmm," Brykon said as he looked at the fishtank and settled his eyes on the most colourful specimen within. It was a flashy but little thing, instantly recognizable as a mantis shrimp. Outstandingly pretty, exceedingly dangerous. Just like someone Brykon knew. It was characterized by its lightning-fast use of boomsticks, for the lack of a better term, and they typically smashed their prey to bits and feasted on the crumbling remains of what was left. That shrimp ignited a little blend of memories, a potion that urged him to have one more thing done."No. While you're in Po-Koro, do me an extra favour. There's a toa guard named Maxiam Kilanewb." Brykon smiled a little and flashed his neat pearls as he delivered the punchline."Please kill a newbie."

Marfoir smiled himself. While he'd been around the last three months, he'd heard of Maxiam; annoyingly overzealous guard extraordinare was the basic description of the man, though it wouldn't be hard to get a bit more colourful with the description."Not a problem," he replied, leaning back. "I won't mind doing that one bit." Stretching, he moved to stand."Well, I'm heading back to my room. It's getting late, and I'm getting tired. See you soon."

Brykon mumbled something that sounded drunken before slumping in the booth.

One meeting down, one to go.