• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

The Cantina

Star WarsOOC

• Please log in to reply
1600 replies to this topic

#1281 Online Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,421 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:31 AM

Basilisk was... a man of few words. When he got upset he just released his shoggoths upon us, letting them swallow us whole with unholy fury. But at the end of the day, he was just a sad, lonely little man who wanted nothing more than to be liked, and to have friends.

We shouldn't hold that against him, because despite his flaws he was also a most dedicated judge and staff member, and overall just a spanking great fellow.

D.W.B.H, Basilisk, you've earned it.

Edited by Geardirector, Jun 20 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#1282 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:39 AM

WHAT.

To....me...my....Mi-Go....

Posted Image

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#1283 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:44 AM

...It is too early in the morning for this.

12:43 PM, and it is too early in the morning for this.

Everything that has more or less than four limbs, the door is that way.

Everything else... Just sort of do normal meatbag things.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#1284 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,498 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:46 AM

Basilisk, I said take care of the Mi-Go infestation, not enslave them!

#1285 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:48 AM

Basilisk, I said take care of the Mi-Go infestation, not enslave them!

Enslaved...nononono....won loyalty....

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#1286 Offline badabababa obesity

badabababa obesity
  • Members
  • Fragmentation Mended

• 6,680 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:50 AM

After reading the article on Bouncers, I can't help help thinking it was the greatest idea ever to make one a Jedi. I would do the same, but Grochi kind of has rights with that kind of thing.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

#1287 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,498 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:53 AM

It's not like you can't just because I already made one. =P

But if you ruin them in my eyes I will show you no forgiveness, only vengeance.

#1288 Online Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,421 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 12:35 PM

Dont Worry, Be Happy  :)

#1289 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

Madara: Mangekyou Master
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 12:53 PM

Bouncers are a pretty rare species. A Bouncer Jedi, even more rare. Really rare.

There are dozens of other species that are available. And I like having only one Pillow of the Jedi. It's a bit arbitrary, but we don't really need a flock of bouncers.Basically... I'd be very reluctant to approve another Bouncer Jedi.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master, Jun 20 2013 - 12:55 PM.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

#1290 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:07 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Actually, I think a group of bouncers is called a "fort," not a flock. =P[/font]

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#1291 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:10 PM

No, pretty sure a group of Bouncers is called a "clint."

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

#1292 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,498 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:10 PM

...Technically, a tribe. As they gather in their tribes.

#1293 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:16 PM

THEY'RE CLINTS.

And they gather in their chairs.

#1294 Online Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,916 posts
  •  

When asked, I replied that a group of bouncers were "comfy". Humva decided "fort" worked better. :P

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#1295 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,498 posts
  •  

Ymper, just stop.

#1296 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:23 PM

Not until Madara photoshops Clint Eastwood's face onto a bouncer.

#1297 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,498 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:26 PM

Really, bro, just stop.

Your annoyance over Bouncers not having a face does nothing but make you look like a whiner or troll while you keep going on about it. =P

#1298 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:28 PM

It's not even annoyance anymore. I just find bouncers with Clint Eastwood's face hilarious.

#1299 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,498 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:31 PM

Then cut out the whiner part and leave in the troll part, and you see what I think you look like when you go on about this. =P

#1300 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:33 PM

And you find yourself looking like someone who can't take a joke, which, by my guess, still leaves me with the high ground.

Also, it is objectively hilarious. Doesn't matter if it's a good idea, it's the third funniest thing I've dealt with all day.

#1301 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,498 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:36 PM

I can take a joke when it doesn't have to be reiterated more times than necessary just because you have nothing better. *shrugs*

#1302 Online Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,916 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:36 PM

Then cut out the whiner part and leave in the troll part, and you see what I think you look like when you go on about this. =P

That's strange...

My pot just started complaining about my kettle... I've never seen this happen before, and I'm honestly not sure what to do. Do I tell them to shush? Do I watch as they complain about things they both do? Or do I just ignore them, and hope they stop?[color=#ffffff;]I'm the Snark Knight. Really, what did you guys expect?[/color]

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#1303 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,498 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:37 PM

That's strange...

My pot just started complaining about my kettle... I've never seen this happen before, and I'm honestly not sure what to do. Do I tell them to shush? Do I watch as they complain about things they both do? Or do I just ignore them, and hope they stop?[color=rgb(255,255,255);]'m the Snark Knight. Really, what did you guys expect?[/color]

You should know by now that it will never automatically stop.

#1304 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:38 PM

You dress them up in pretty floral bonnets and you put them on the teacup rides at Disney World.

ahem

So, Madara, what's our plan for setting up things at Bespin? Do we introduce the current administrator first, and then the sabacc game? Or does that bit come after the arrival?

#1305 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:48 PM

Do you see what you made me do, Rover? DO YOU SEE?

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#1306 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:52 PM

Well that joke finally has a punchline. We can all move on now.

#1307 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 01:55 PM

Let them land. I'm sure that Trentin will want to try and call her pals back on Coruscant, and if Tuorri's a gambling man, he might be able to put his pay to good use. I'm inclined to showing the sabaac game as a background event.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#1308 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 02:03 PM

Alright, I'll get to work on getting the hyperspace posts out of the way sometime today. The pattern will likely be me/Basilisk/me for the hyperspace post order.

#1309 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,670 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 05:26 PM

Say, when there's time, could me and Flex get a reply from that Duros we're ganging up on?

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#1310 Offline ToaDraconixMahvi

ToaDraconixMahvi
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 79 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 06:22 PM

Scuse me not much time. Is john accepted?

#1311 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm finding no record of any profile submitted by that name.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#1312 Offline Lavama

Lavama
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 290 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hrm, I'm feeling the CIS is a little... Undermanned. I mean, I sorta understand the Criminal Syndicates having the number they have, but, the CIS/Mandalorians?!?!?! That's a surprise. At the moment I'm working on a profile (Or two. Maybe three?) for the CIS, should be done in a bit.

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

#1313 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,498 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 06:41 PM

...If I can provide a recommendation, just do one profile. Yeah, the CIS is undermanned as it is, but if you make a bunch of characters for it then you're going to tax the staff by making them play NPCs for the CIS and Mando'ade a lot, or your characters are going to get themselves bunched together, and neither makes for good storytelling.

#1314 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 06:44 PM

I found no other record of the mention of that name anywhere else in the topic. I found precisely one profile submitted by you, on the ninth page of this topic, with a character named 'Brand Vastwind,' and, apart from the atrociously bare-bones appearance section, I am not approving it due to the incongruity of the Jedi having Mandalorian armor, several problems with the ship, the history section being much too short, the Force abilities - particularly the robot-tracking one, the appallingly short personality section, the really just terribly bad grammar, and any other problems that might have managed to slip under the radar. The next time you write a profile for a character, take it seriously.

#1315 Offline Lavama

Lavama
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 290 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 07:11 PM

Now, inside of the Confederacy, there are different ranks, correct? And of these ranks, there would be certain ones for Droids and other officers of meatbag origin.

Where would a Geonosian fit in? Along the lines of a, Colonel using today's ranking? Maybe?

#1316 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,498 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 07:12 PM

Depends on how good the Geonosian is.

#1317 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 07:15 PM

Now, inside of the Confederacy, there are different ranks, correct? And of these ranks, there would be certain ones for Droids and other officers of meatbag origin.

Where would a Geonosian fit in? Along the lines of a, Colonel using today's ranking? Maybe?

That depends entirely on what branch of the armed forces he is a part of and what role you plan for him.

#1318 Offline Lavama

Lavama
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 290 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 07:15 PM

Considering the Geonosian is in the Warrior Cast and is 33 years old, I'd say he's a little more than good. My mind is currently more mushier than the inside of a giant Space Rock Monster, and I can't even remember the color of Khorne's lightsaber.

EDIT: Alright, thanks for the info.

Edited by Lavama, Jun 20 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#1319 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,498 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 07:21 PM

Just don't let yourself fall into the trap that I've seen multiple others do on Star Wars-based RPGs and think that, in the CIS, an organic is going to automatically be of higher rank than a droid. Things just don't work that way.

#1320 Offline Lavama

Lavama
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 290 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 07:31 PM

No, that's why I asked. For the sake of everything, Grevious is atop of everything (Granted, though, he IS more droid than organic.)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users