The Cantina

Two fingers, yes.

Five Padawans. Two Knights. One Master. Master Limaech - A hardadze Barabel historian, archivist, and archeologist. Easily irritated. Master of Shii-Cho (the multiple opponents thing is helpful), and uses a long-handle saber alongside his normal one. Knight Andros - Duros ace. He has a likeable, outgoing personality that grates on Limaech's nerves. Flashy Ataru user. Knight K-somethingorother - Kiffar psychometric archeologist. TK user with passable Shien skills; but his real passion is archeology and artifacts. He enjoys using a reconstruction of an antique weapon. Cathar Padawan - Contemplative. Prefers meditation to fighting. More of a seer than a soldier. Miraluka Padawan - Impetous and aggressive. Take that as you will for her lightsaber skills. Twi'lek Padawan - Uses Jar'kai in his practice of Form IV. Padawan - Grey paladin training. Uses a blaster instead of a lightsaber, but carries a shoto for show. still deciding on race.Padawan - Still conceptualising. Probably a Form VI user. Diplomat. Can you extrapolate from the ones that interest you?

Excerpt from a conversation between Ymper and I. They weren't really blanks. And... You made him drop his (to your knowledge) only lightsaber into a swamp. With an almost completely one-sided card game metaphor. Then you shoved a hand over the mouth of a terrified, confused, Padawan, while draining the knowledge from his head and simultaneously keeping him restrained with TK. Lot of things to juggle, dontcha think? Also, fundamentally different from Lord's post, which included environmental factors, terrain, and other clever things. Rule 11. You didn't mention gloves or gauntlets, and I do not assume that his armor would look like heavy plate armor from a Renaissance fair. Most of the armors we see in Star Wars have open fingers, because it's more flexible (as an owner of plate armor style gauntlets, a user of Soresu would probably see his dexterity go down by almost 50% wearing that style of gauntlet). I'll let Basilisk expound on the merits of cybernetics. Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

Excerpt from a conversation between Ymper and I. They weren't really blanks. And... You made him drop his (to your knowledge) one lightsaber into a swamp. With an almost completely one-sided card game metaphor, before shoving a hand over the mouth of a terrified, confused, TK-immobilised, Padawan and draining the knowledge from his head. Lot of things to juggle, dontcha think? Also, fundamentally different from Lord's post, which included environmental factors, terrain, and other clever things. Rule 11.You didn't mention gloves or gauntlets, and I do not assume that his armor would look like heavy plate armor from a Renaissance fair. Most of the armors we see in Star Wars have open fingers. It's more flexible (as an owner of plate armor style gauntlets, a user of Soresu would probably see his dexterity go down by at least 50% wearing those things).I'll let Basilisk expound on the merits of cybernetics.

I will be addressing all of this, and more, via a rather lengthy PM. I don't care to bring up another argument in Discussion.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Man, Star Wars cybernetic are advanced enough that replacing your fingers wouldn't leave you with any lack of mobility right there. Besides, they could probably clone your genetic material to grow a couple good new fingers and graft them on, it wouldn't surprise me.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

... okay, I'm sorry, but did I just have my characters fingers bitten off? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't get that medically fixed in Star Wars (given the employment of robotic limbs as substitutes, which is hardly ideal). I mean heck, if anything he's wearing armor on his hand. And I don't want someone coming up with the excuse "well it doesn't say it in the appearance" or something like that, because in most situations that's what's implied by wearing armor. Stick the word in Google Image Search if you don't believe me. Now, the actual biting I can understand. Coming from someone who has been targeted by some major fear and confusion effects, not to mention having Drain Knowledge used to psychologically traumatizing effect. Something it can be used for, according to the Wiki. If this is a reference to a perceived breaking of rules, then I'll call that one out. For one, the character was an NPC at a severe handicap. They didn't even have a name, or race mind you, until the latter was given. There was also express permission given to pick off a few of the given apprentices. And heck, just to be safe I put effort into making a post that at least did the padawan some justice before they got curbstomped to the ground. So, with that bit of venting done... now that I have a chance: a few counters, to be employed in lightsaber vs. blaster combat. Written from a first person perspective. I'd have preferred to handle this stuff in-character as the opportunity arises, but maybe someone can put any valid points I make here to use as well. Scrapped together as - Shii-Cho: "The class Jedi form of Shii-Cho is a classic style, though not as commonplace as one would think that would entail. The primary form of attack with this style is its wide, sweeping motions. The form is also useful for the purpose of countering blasters, which makes it a danger to any potential blaster user. Your saving grace is those wide motions. Target the extremities of the foe first with pinpoint accuracy, moving for shots at areas unprotected and forcing them to move out of their comfort zone. Wait for the moment at which they have overextended themselves; fire multiple shots in random order and position. At least one shot will get through, and with a disruptor, that's all you need."Makashi: "The moment a Makashi wielder has reached you in melee, you've already been dead for a few seconds, and so have your friends. To avoid this situation, take advantage of the styles weakness - it's devotion to dueling. Motions are kept close to home, and designed specifically to counter another blade. It is an elegant style, but do not mistake this for strength. Keep them occupied up top; surprise them with a shot at the leg in the midst of your volley, or anywhere other than the area they have been keeping their blade for that matter, and they have other things to think about."Soresu: "I can't stand Soresu users, but I respect them. They're the ones smart enough to choose a technique that's actually practical in a galaxy inhabited by people with blasters. Smart indeed. The problem is that their technique is too defensive, but that's more of a worry against lightsaber wielders. For a blaster wielder, they're more than fast enough. An attack by stealth is the best option you can take. When that fails, get creative. Use the environment to distract them. Or, if it comes down to it... just shoot faster and more accurately than they can block, and try to measure their weaknesses. I've seen more than a few who just didn't expect to face a Grey Paladin in battle."Atarau: "Ah, Ataru.... Ataru, Ataru, Ataru. Another one you don't want to let get too close, but they only have a true advantage either in that position or in melee. At mid-range, they're close enough to have a clear target amidst their jumping and techniques. Techniques designed to evade, but the thing is, a person can't maneuver as well when in the air as they can on the ground. Fact, no matter who you are, force powers or none. And boy do these people like to jump. Watch their movements, and make sure to fire where they're going to be. Not where they are."Shien/Djem So: "Shien and Djem So. Think Soresu, only a bit flashier and more likely to send your blaster bolts right back at your face. Being able to target your own bolts out of the air, and dodge with expertise, is a hallmark of just surviving the encounter. Shien, at the very least, is not designed with single opponents in mind. How much good that will do you and your blasters, though? Try to study their pattern and, once you know it, move to target their weak points. Follow the same procedure as with Soresu, otherwise."Niman: "The situation calls for what the situation calls for. Be resourceful and witty; use the terrain, study your enemy. This is not a form that can be predicted, as it is in moderation of all. Learning where the user fails and succeeds the most in this attempt will find you the weakness you need." Juyo/Vaapad: "At this point, you maybe facing Grandmaster Windu. Run as fast as you can. If this is not the case, be weary - this person is in a full state of unbridled rage. Your best chance here is to distract them, and go for a few fatal shots in the situation. I recommend using the terrain or distracting shots. Firing faster than they can block can be useful, if you have the right weapon available." I am not a Grey Paladin with decades of training. I do not personally have a highly developed knowledge of all lightsaber forms. This will not be the list of a master, it is something I came up with sitting at my computer. Someone will point out a mistake, but my response to them starts with "It's a game, get over yourself." -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Amended to chewing. I was really hungry when I typed if. And longing for fish fingers and custard. I should have had a Snickers... Anyways, thank you all for the well-worded PMs. I'm horrendously sorry for any inconvenience caused, and it shan't happen again. :) I thought for sure there'd be more grenades involved in the strategies. XD Wolam - Approved +1 Kryllex approved +1Rickety Rustbucket droid - approved +1 Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

There's no such thing as a lightsaber hilt designed to work only for a specific form of lightsaber combat, I mean. Curved hilt lightsabers work just as well in all the forms as do straight hilts, lightsaber pikes and double bladed lightsabers work just fine, as do crossguard, shotos, and lightclubs.

It just seems useless to have two lightsabers, each for a different form, when one would work just as well as the other. I'd recommend just sticking with one, the curve hilt, for, as demonstrated by Darth Bane, it puts a different angle to your attacks, no matter the form, and could possiby confuse an inexperienced enemy. There's no point to having two.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

Well the post I have almost ready for Big Bubba requires the Apprentices to already be on the move, but if you insist on having me attack them while they're still just starting to break camp, then I guess I can do that.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Or if there is anyone who can jump high enough, you could try to use vines as reins and ride Big Bubba to victory.

It wouldn't work, of course, but it would be so cool for five seconds.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Then the screaming starts.

See kiddies, Lehon is not a nice place. Go blundering through the jungle, making noise and being meat...and you could get into real trouble.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

We need to send some Jedi to Korriban after this. Or maybe some Sith. I don't really care who gets eaten, but that is such a delightful place to end people.

Or to have people pull off some spectacular and impressive things that see them through an experience that makes a great story, of course. It's just... most people pick option A, for some reason.

• Upvote 1

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Force Crush.

Hm. Could be useful for organs I suppose.

Wolam - Approved +2
Kryllex Approved +2
Droid-Approved +2
Note, since this topic moves so quickly, it's easy for profiles to be lost. So if you want to be sure, PM em or a link to them to the staff.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Preferably a link to them, rather than the full text. Sending a single PM with all three staff in the conversation would also likely be a good move, instead of sending three separate PMs, to save time for everybody.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hm. Very well.

Had to help host a party today, so I'll try to get something up later tonight or early tomorrow. Been a busy busy week.

Name: Praeth Pil'omnSpecies: Twi'lekGender: MaleAge: 37Faction: Jedi OrderSympathies: Reasonably loyal to the JediRank: KnightOccupation: Lightsaber InstructorSkills:-As an instructor of Lightsaber dueling and usage, he is incredibly skilled, most commonly seen using Juyo, a form considered one of most difficult to learn, let alone master. However, he's been trained in all seven forms.-As is to be expected, he is not without skills with dual Lightsabers, and even prefers to use them in actual combat.-Wide knowledge of disguise, able to hide his identity with ease when needed. To do so, he uses technology developed by high-profile company, in addition to using the Force to distract attention from himself.-Coming out of left field is his skill in brewery- he is quite good at making and serving drinks.Force Abilities: Praeth's Force abilities are remarkable for someone at his age. Even though he specializes in Lightsaber combat, he is one of the more skilled among his class. For instance, while someone skilled with the Force could leap higher and faster than others, he could obtain about ten seconds of emulated flight if concentrated and in good condition. While someone could move objects with the Force, he could create a "blanket" to deflect actions of low Force power. Specifically, he can:-"Grab" or "push" things with the Force-Do Force-assisted stunts to an advanced extent-Command a greater power of agility, able to move incredibly quickly-Shield himself from the Force abilities of othersEquipment or Weapons: A Lightsaber enthusiast, he came into possession of an extreme rarity- an orange Lightsaber crystal. This blade he uses as his primary weapon, while his other Lightsaber, of blue light, is used in dual wielding. The first is a silver blade inlaid with nigh-unbreakable black rock. There are various golden knobs and a leather hand-grip for comfort. The second is more of a dark grey, also inlaid with rock- this time deep blue. There's also a grip on this one, however made of rubber. He also carries a machine letting him disguise himself (see "Skills" above).Appearance: Praeth is a well-built red Twi'lek, with dragon-like black tattoos lining his left arm and chest. His lekku both hang behind his head unadorned save for wrapping towards the ends. One could compare his body to that of a martial artist- slim, but with a lot of muscle. He has a face instantly recognizable from a distance- deep, deep-set yellow eyes and shining white teeth. He never wears robes- constricting and heavy isn't really the type of clothing he goes for. Instead, he wears tighter clothing and combat boots, even in colder weather.Personality: While blatantly masculine in speech and attitude, Praeth can sometimes be described as...bubbly. Quite energetic, it isn't difficult to get him excited about things. He aspires to be a Jedi Master, and can even get greedy when it comes to those aspirations. A firm believer in the power of logic, he strives to make as best a decision as he can in every situation. He teaches his students to do the same in combat. Speaking of which, his combat methods are most often practical, based on what he believes they will have to face. He encourages cutting loose and giving battle your all, but at the same time remaining calm and collected.Home Planet: RylothHistory: Growing up in Ryloth was always easy for Praeth. His father was a wealthy man and he could afford to spoil his son- until he was taken up by the Jedi. Like most Force-sensitives on major planets, he was snatched up early on and brought to the Temple on Coruscant. Quite adept in his abilities and naturally a skilled duelist, he rose in rank quickly. Originally, he had a green Lightsaber, but wasn't truly comfortable with the feel of it. As this grew to be a problem, he built his blue 'Saber. Beginning in the war and becoming a General, he was once part of an infiltration mission where he stole his orange crystal. This became his main weapon, and he realized his place belonged back at the Temple as a swordsman. This came rather easy to him, and he was eventually elected to be an Instructor in this area.

This is what I hope is the final draft of the profile. Details for Ymper, cutbacks for Madara, and the fact that he resembles a canon Sith just for Basilisk.

Was gonna add color, but decided it was too much work.

Ymper, any further comments? I'd like to have a couple more details on the limits of his ability to shield others.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

Yeah, it's mentioned in the Darth Bane line of books; basically the explanation as to why you can't Force-crush someone's lungs and be done with it.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Yeah, it's mentioned in the Darth Bane line of books; basically the explanation as to why you can't Force-crush someone's lungs and be done with it.

^Specifically in dueling. It's practiced from apprenticeship, I believe.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

The main reason we're going with for you not being able to do that here is that crushing lungs would fall under Force Wound, and we're not letting anybody have that ability.

Also because it's no fun to end every fight that way.

And because eventually your enemy would just get bored and nuke you. Not your capital city on your favourite planet, not your army, they would nuke you as an individual person. That's how annoyed/bored they would be.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Oh, so it's general training to resist the effects of a Force Crush or Sith madness spell. If he has to focus to maintain the shield's effects when it is being assaulted, I've no issue with it. :) I was more concerned that he'd be able to throw up a bubble-like Force Shield and hold it indefinitely.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

Yeah, wasn't really saying that he couldn't do the whole protection thing (because deciding the limits for powers really isn't my field here), just that we've already got a system to avoid organ-crushing.

Unless they drop a building on you. In that case, your organs are pretty thoroughly crushed.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Alright. So my "vacation" is over and I'm back to work. So.....uh, I'm going to be sleeping alotmore. I'll try to keep up with one post a day.

And now, a profile.

Name: Cotan Sar'andor

Species: Lorrdian (Human)

Faction: Jedi Order

Sympathies: Surprisingly, Cotan extends sympathy towards the Confederacy of Independent Systems - he views them as having been manipulated to where they are, via the usage of some truths being twisted far past the point of factuality.

Skills: Cotan’s skills lie mainly in the realm of the martial, as shown by his mastery of four of the classical forms of lightsaber combat; he is nearly peerless in the Jedi Order in terms of his prowess in the arts of Makashi, Soresu, Ataru, and the lesser practiced Juyo, as well as retaining an amount of skill with his other lightsabers – be it the swinging, lever-based techniques of a long hilted lightsaber, the elaborate flourishes of a double blade, or the alternating guard-and-attack of Jar’kai. In addition to that, he makes sure to keep a healthy practice of hand-to-hand combat.

As well, his mastery of those techniques, as well as his knowledge of the Lorrdian Kinetic Communication, has led to his great ability to read people, humanoid or not.

Force Abilities: Due to his focus on martial prowess, Cotan's skills in the Force are minimal, compared to some; his only actual abilities are the power of Force Valor, enabling him and, through extension, his allies nearby to operate at peak efficiency, and minor telekinesis - he can manipulate objects the size of his largest lightsaber, and no larger.

Equipment or Weapons: Cotan generally always has a set of armoured robes, similar to those that Revan used to wear, a small vibro-knife, as well as his personal datapad on him at all times for equipment. He also has a small workbench in his quarters in both the Jedi Temple and his ship.

For weapons, however, Cotan has crafted (for his studies and teaching) a large collection, all of which he will always have clipped to his belt. All of these have locking activation mechanisms.

-One cross-guard lightsaber, created of a phrik alloy, so as to be resistant to another lightsaber. Lightly curved with bronze coloured blades. Has a "trigger" style activation mechanism.

-A double-bladed, dual-phase lightsaber with cyan blades. Unlike most dual-phase sabers, however, this saber’s blades shorten to shoto length.

-One standard-hilted lightsaber, with double emitter shroud, created as Cotan's first, with a silver blade. Similar dual-phase mechanism to the former, for when he uses it for Jar’kai.

-One long-hilted lightsaber, with similar emitter shrouds to the standard-hilted, approximately 2.35 times the length of a normal lightsaber's hilt, with dual-phase setting. Emerald blade.

Lastly, and probably most surprisingly, he also keeps a collapsible quarterstaff, as a non-lethal weapon.

Appearance: Cotan is about six and one half feet tall, and his height, combined with his powerful, visible musculature makes for an imposing figure. He has extremely lightly coloured blue eyes, to the point of seeming almost grey, set in a chiseled, scarred face. He has a prominent, hooked nose, sharp cheekbones, and a medium-length full mustache and beard. His thick, coarse hair, shoulder-length, is of a brown dark enough to seem almost black. However, Cotan always keeps his hair tied back in a ponytail, so as not to get in his way - and so that it can easily be chopped off with a knife or lightsaber if it starts to become a detriment.

Personality: Cotan generally seems a gruff, loud man, and while this is generally true, he's a rather friendly soul - even when in combat, where he will generally keep up a jocular flow of comments to his enemy, also at times critiquing their style and execution of it; while this is never (completely) intentional, it has an effect similar to the Dun Moch employed by many Sith, aggravating his opponent and driving them to making mistakes.

However, despite this, Cotan's mannerisms are those of a scholar - when he isn't training (himself or others), he can often be found quietly reading in the Jedi Archives, continuing his various studies. His mindset is very much goal-oriented; once he has an idea in mind, a goal to achieve, a task to do, he will stop almost at nothing in order to achieve his goal, even if it requires years for him to do so. He is deeply devoted to the Jedi Code, basing his entire way of life around that, and while he viewed the Republic's government as corrupt, he continued to serve it, unwilling to forsake his commitment to it in order to find a better way, instead wishing to enact change from within.

Home Planet: Lorrd

Biography: Born on the Outer Rim planet of Lorrd, Cotan lived on that planet until he was nearly already at the age of five - both due to its distance from the Core, and due to his rather constantly being shuffled around, as he was of poor birth, and his parents had had to release him so that hopefully he could come to live a better life - during this time was when he learned how to 'speak' the Lorrdian's Kinetic Language. Due to this, Cotan had never developed any attachments beyond fleeting, shallow friendships, so the Jedi Knight who discovered him, Roblio Darté, brought him back to Coruscant and petitioned the Jedi Council to train the boy.

The High Council relented from their general hard-line stance on only taking infants, signing the young Sar'andor into one of the youngling clans. Only slightly older than most in his group, he rather quickly progressed along the training, taking rather well to Lightsaber teachings. It was around the age of ten that, under the guidance of Master Drallig, the Lorrdian constructed his first lightsaber and began his training in the various forms, starting with the forms of Makashi and Soresu. He became an informal Padawan of the Battlemaster's, kept by Master Drallig from being sent to the Agricorps or another Jedi Service division, until the age of sixteen; around that time, now-Master Darté came back from various missions, and the Jedi Council, wishing for the promising young Guardian to get some valuable mission experience, sent Cotan off with Roblio as the Master's Padawan. The two Jedi rather quickly grew a bond, as both Master and Apprentice and great friends, the young Sar'andor constructing his second lightsaber around this time, in admiration of his Master. He still continued his training to master his favoured forms of Lightsaber combat during this time, eventually progressing through his Trials with flying colours, his dedication to the Jedi Code and the Force, as well as his prowess with a lightsaber seeing him through. He then, now that he had mastered Makashi and Soresu to a degree enough to teach them to others, resumed his studies with Master Drallig (eventually coming to master both Ataru and Juyo), proceeding to construct his last two lightsabers during this time, to gain some skills with them and their techniques as well.

As the Clone Wars started, Cotan had already become a Lightsaber Instructor and known Artisan, though he would still prove to be a common sight on missions out in the Galaxy, as he felt the need to help those he now served with.

Ship Name: The Sword of the Force

Model: YT-1930 Transport/Freighter

Function: Transport/Freighter, Fighter

Weapons: One (1) Standard swivel-mounted Laser Turret, dorsally and forward-mounted, two (2) added AG-2G quadlaser turrets, one on the starboard side, one on the port, both automated, and one (1) added Proton Torpedo launcher.

Modifications: An added Class 1.0 hyperdrive, two AG-2G quad laser cannons, one added proton torpedo launcher, and an automated targetting mechanism for the two quadlaser turrets.

Background: Originally obtained when Cotan and Roblio were on a mission, posing as a pair of smugglers, the Sword of the Force was bought with the various modifications it had installed, as per a special order - once the mission was finished, however, instead of allowing the council to re-sell the vessel, Roblio and Cotan bought it. Left in the ownership of Cotan, the ship was renamed the Sword of the Force, and is now used as his personal vessel.

profiles i guess

Lorrdian is not technically a species, as they are humans - it is considered a racial sub-group of humanity in Star Wars.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Ah, but the cultural differences are enough that it is also quite often listed as Near-Human group, and it was with interest in paying homage to that that I listed him as Lorrdian and not Human, Ymper.

"The Lorrdians, a Human culture from the planet Lorrd in the Kanz sector, were genetically identical to baseline Humans. However, because their unique culture and history set them apart from other Humans, they were sometimes classified as Near-Humans."

profiles i guess