BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Okay, this person seems to have a great, great disregard for caution.

Or common sense.

"Then go to a library while you're here. Keeping those things anywhere close to you guys, ma'am, is begging for trouble."

And in swept Mister Datke. I could feel the side of reason gaining steam.

"Especially considering you're here on a diplomatic mission, to my understanding."

helo frens

IC: Asa

"Madam Soraph, while I understand your intent, my clan's history has taught me that playing with fire gets you burnt." Asa had overheard the argument over the Parakuka while working and turned to join the conversations between her betters. "At the very least get a secure containment tank before the matter and keep them on-shore. Maybe ask these Marines to set up a lab. And even then..."

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC:

"I haven't got any boxes or bags on me" Soraph explained. "Once we're back on the ship I can put them in a glass cage filled with water, in a crate that's well secured in the cargo area.  Out here I'm keeping a close eye on them, and I can stop the Parakuka if they try anything. Dangerous animals are nothing to new to a Vilda. Honestly, I didn't think it was a big deal. We're going to encounter lots of new and dangerous things on Mata-Nui, and we've got to learn as much as we can about them."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

"Ma'am, the villages of Mata Nui have a clear policy on unlatched Parakuka. I'm going to have to ask you to let us dispose of them as decisively as we know how. Don't make an issue of this."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"My duty is the safety of the Ryuu, and the Lady Hanako." The Umbraline Menti's voice was firm as steel as she addressed the Vilda, forcing a measure of strength into her posture. With one hand she drew her rapier, the weapon held ready in her right hand. "By bringing those creatures aboard, even near the vessel, you endanger the lives of the crew and the Lady."

"You will have to step over my prone form if you wish to bring them aboard."

Dangerous animals are nothing to new to a Vilda. Honestly, I didn't think it was a big deal. We're going to encounter lots of new and dangerous things on Mata-Nui, and we've got to learn as much as we can about them."

"Then clearly," Sinshi's voice dropped several degrees in warmth, taking on a positively icy edge. "You do not understand the situation, Lady Vilda. This is not a pet. This is not even an animal. It is an intelligent abomination of nature, that seeks nothing more than the complete and total destruction of that which does not serve its master. Its very existence is vile. You propose to bring the very things that endangered myself and Vilda Mako, purportedly your friend, and Ageru Dakte aboard our vessel and keep them as lab rats."

"To call you callous is being polite." The Menti turned to the Marine beside her, slowly lowering the point of her sword. "I apologize for the foolishness of my comrade, Miss Whitehot. I would request that the local authorities dispose of these creatures, as I do not believe we possess the knowledge to safely do so."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Now Soraph was angry, but she kept the bubbling pot of emotions in check. How could they question her friendships? However, there was no point in disrespecting ranked officials, it would only end up worse for her.

"I understand. I'm sorry if you think I was trying to endanger anyone, I was not. If you believe it does, then please kill them. But I'd like to remind you that the more we learn about our foes and these creatures, the better prepared we'll be against them. Knowledge is much more powerful than a sword."

She waited for people in charge to make and carry out their decision.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

"Cool thing about Mata Nui," Whitehot said, "we got plenty of knowledge 'bout Parakuka. Like how you can defeat 'em with swords."

With trained reflex and an expressionless face, she plucked her hatchet from her belt, spun the shaft clearly around her fingers twice, and then threw it, shearing one of the slugs in half.

"Miss Sinshi, if you want to kebab this thing, you can do so from a safe distance. Goldie's hands are full or I'd ask him."

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: A moment later, a lance of Iron that Tarkus would note as not dissimilar to one of the arrows he used for fishing speared through the other's head.

And a moment after that, Whitehot's axe came floating back to her hand.

helo frens

OOC: Expedition-furthering posts coming later tonight, I promise!

IC: Fyura followed a combination of her nose and Vayde pointing in various directions. She slowed when she saw a convocation of Marines and a strange group of toa-like beings. Those didn't overly concern her; what did concern her was the Parakuka, and the weapons being drawn on them. Choking up on her axe to make it clear she was only carrying it, not wielding it, she approached the people surrounding the Parakuka as casually as an enormous Fe-Skakdi could.

"Aww, are ve 'aving pest problems?" she said in as disarming a tone as she could, flashing a toothy grin.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: "Nope, it's all taken care of. Just move along about your day, we got this under control."

He then gave a heavy sigh for Whitehot, as requested.

------------------------------------------------------------

IC: I wasn't sure whether or not that was how a military force was supposed to operate in regards to orders given by superiors, but then again, I was not a marine.

"I can't believe those things were in the water with us..." I said, cringing externally. "I owe you a big 'Thank You' for getting me out, Miss..." he looked to the pair of Dashi, who'd stopped in their tracks once that latest issue had risen up. "Soraya, right?"

helo frens

OOC: Sorry for making Tarkus explain it twice ^^ 

IC (Ayiwah):

Tarkus explanation was all Aya needed to make a decision on what to do with the Parakuka. A shimmering rapier of psionic energy materialized in mid-air and, with the flat of the blade, picked up the slightly twitching remains, lifting them up and a little closer to her so she could get a better look at what was left of the creatures. A chitinous epidermis covered the body which ended in sharp legs...which apparently were meant to lock onto a victim's spine. Thoroughly repulsive.

Checking for a pulse...

The blade suddenly flashed as it turned sideways and, at the speed of thought, sliced up and down through the parasite. 

No pulse.

"That's that then." Ayiwah commented drily, letting her rapier dissipate. She looked at Soraph then, her look the temperature of a glacier. She knew the Vilda Menti was capable and smart, otherwise she would not have been considered for the expedition, but Dakte's words had echoed her thoughts quite well. What had she been thinking?

"Vilda Soraph, you will return to the ship as well and I urge you to re-evaluate your priorities and your stance on ship security and the chain of command."

She left it at that and turned to the Mata-Nuians who'd helped them. "You have my thanks as well for assisting my people and ensuring their well-being."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: "Move along, Ma'am." Dantas said again, this time a little less affably, with a little more authority.

He knew the Sergeant could handle herself, especially when surround by a troupe of warriors that seemed to be getting along swimmingly with her, but part of him wanted, if nothing else, to see this.

------------------------------------------------

IC: What did I do to deserve today?

Couldn't we catch a break for five minutes?

helo frens

IC:

"Respectfully, miss," Sinshi addressed Fyura politely, though not with evident glee. "This is not a situation of your concern. I would suggest moving along. Otherwise I shall be honor-bound to the defense of my comrades, and our local allies."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Maeloc frowned as Fyura dashed off. This was definitely not going anywhere good.

"Bloody Karzahni!" he growled. The Onu-Turaga looked to his other, less impulsive followers: "After her! She could cause trouble for us, and I'd rather not have to worry about a loose end."

The skakdi scowled, setting her battleaxe to rest on her shoulder, between two of her spines. "I zee. Yez, you Marines 'ahve zhe zituation vell in hand. Zhe next time I 'ahve to kill infants, I vill be zhure to call zhou girls up." Vayde continued to mentally thrash about in pathetic lament of its helplessness. "Shut up, Vayde," she whispered.

IC:

SInshi's expression darkened, and the Menti advanced several steps, placing herself resolutely between the group and the Skakdi. A softly simmering anger could felt from her on the mental plane, a carefully controlled fire blazing in her mind. Her rapier had returned to its sheath moments ago, before Fyura's arrival, and she made no move to reach for it, but her stance was immovable.

"Mind your tongue."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Dantas, get the assailant booked and get yourself some plausible deniability," Whitehot said evenly. "Miss Sinshi, it's alright, it's just hot air. Ma'am, if you're looking for trouble, congratulations on your singular bad sense. If not, please move along."

Red, this is the fifth time Goldie and I have been called to the Crucible this month. If I have to counting your screwups on two hands, I'm going to use both to hand you your in front of all your drinking buddies.

The sergeant casually slung her hatchet back onto her belt.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: First name, got it.

"Yes ma'am." came the quick reply, and off the handsomest little marine went.

---------------------------------------

IC: At this point, I had given up on trying to plead my case to the masses, and could only pray to whatever gods that may decide to listen to my pleas that this was resolved peacefully, and that everyone would just go on their merry way.

I was not going to the hospital before getting my sister home. I could barely afford it anyway.

helo frens

IC:

Soraph gritted her teeth at being ordered around, but wasn't going to disobey an order from a superior. She was about to head back to the sub with the others when someone new appeared (a skald? was that what they were called?). And they had large Parakuka attached to their back. There was some arguing and from the looks of things, a fight could very possibly break out.

The Vilda decided to stay behind a few minutes just in case.

"What is it you want?" she asked the Skakdi.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: The Archeologist smiled. "Well, there is a bright side to all of this. I mean, this stuff is pretty advanced for back then. If there are traps here, it means something worth protecting is here." The ga-matoran examined the now dim lightvine as the gears inside the walls ground away, as if in protest to Jalkron's meddling. "I don't think these are normal lightvines; these are much thicker, and seem to shut down when other light touches them. I think they were part of the trigger for these sawblades." She took out a knife and a small jar from her backpack, and took a cutting. She would find a bo-matoran to help her identify this vine. The small chunk she took glowed from the inside, before fading.

"Well, let's press on!" Aokora said, slinging her backpack over her shoulder.

Around the bend, Jalkron found that the vines recessed into the wall, ending. The tunnel continued; several bios later, it opened into a large round chamber with a metal grate making up the floor. Three bios below, there was glittering water, moving gently back and forth. There were no other entrances, though markings similar to the door that had opened in the cave above were on part of the wall.

Fyura adjusted herself; she had fallen into a slouch again. She adjusted herself to her full height, and looked down at the delicate female that asked her the question. "I zmelled blood. Parakuka blood. I'm zhure zyou vould come running iv zyou heard your kin being slaughtered. Vell, not my kin, but ze creature that zucks on my neck vouldn't zhut up iv I deedn't come. Besides, zyour friends," the Fe-Skakdi said, looking around her, "Zeem to 'ave vorgotten a key aspect of bonding vis a Parakuka..."

Fyura's eyes flashed red briefly as she commanded Vayde to let through the smallest fraction of power, and she smiled. "Zhe energy transver izn't alvays vun-vay."

IC:

"Your kinsman were killed because of hostility towards myself, and towards my comrades." The Menti did not budge, exhibiting no external reaction towards Fyura's statement, nor the flash of her eyes. Her rapier remained in its sheath, her eyes locked on those of the Skakdi before her. Fyura might normally have stood a little taller, but her hunch brought her down to the Dasaka's level. Sinshi's breathing slowed, taking on a regulated, relaxed pattern. She stood a little taller, and looked almost... Serene.

"It is due to the Ga-Toa that your kin were in danger at all, and due to their own urges that their deaths were necessary. But it was in our defense that the Marines acted. If you truly desire this fight, and I urge you to reconsider," The Menti gestured with a hand towards the sizable group assembled behind her. "Then you will step over me to reach them."

"I am Umbraline Sinshi. I am my crew's protector, as much as they are mine. I am a Menti of the Dasakan Empire, and I have never been moved yet."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

hnnggh she's cute

I shouldn't have sent Goldie away

I should still send Tarkus away

Whitehot bit back a harsher repetition of her order to step back and hoped that the Skakdi would back down already.

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Fyura's face wrinkled as she turned to the Onu-Toa and the very rude outsider. "Ah'm zorry, zhe lady asked me a qvuestion? Ah'm trying to answer her! After all, zuch misinformation could lead to trouble, ah?"

She turned back to Soraph, facing her. She arched her back, from which several pops could be heard. She shifted as she planted her battleaxe into the ground and began to limber up her arms. "As I vas zaying, vor a certain amount ov time a day, zyour partner vill give zyou back zyour energy. Zyou... vell," Fyura flashed another toothy grin. "Zyou become a rahkshi!"

Maeloc was practically using his staff as a third leg as he rushed through the Koro, on Fyura's tracks. He remembered his comment in Ko-Koro when she had sent her to perform a simple errand. He couldn't believe it was coming back to bite him. Stupid long legs. The Onu-Turaga stopped, holding up an arm for the rest of his expedition. The lenses on his Akaku whirred as he zoomed in. There she was. And there were a bunch of Marines and the outsiders he had heard Eisen report on. By Makuta's... did she not hear anything he had said?