BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Arzaki

Arzaki walked into quiet an odd sight. He saw Toenga with coconut bits all around him standing in front of a Toa of Water mounted on some sort of bear-like Rahi. He approached them and began, "uh..."

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

"So, uh... who is this Toa?" Arzaki asked, nodding in the Toa's general direction.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

OOC: Toenga is like me on Mondays.

Arzaki waved to Kazreak before responding to Toenga. "Uh... sure."

IC:

"Maybe we should head back to the ship so those who need to can rest and recover. Then in the morning we'll continue exploring refreshed and with a clear mind" Soraph suggested to the other Dasakans.

She walked the short distance to Tarkus, laying a hand on the Menti-Toa's shoulder to catch his attention.

"Do you think you could help me bring those things to the docks?" she said, pointing to the two Parakuka gliding aimlessly on the water's surface. "I can immobilize them, but I haven't got anything to carry them in and one especially looks pretty big. I'd really appreciate it." If all the males here were anything like back in Kentoku, a brief touch and one of her beautiful smiles was all it took to have them running to help her.  

Labelle's arm continued to bleed from the stump where her left hand had been. But she didn't feel the pain. She didn't know she was bound and being carried.

There was only darkness, and beyond it, the sickening squeal of glee.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Kazreak

He waved back to Arzaki, saying, "Hey, where are you two going? I'm in need for some adventure, and if you like annoying Toenga as much as I do, this could be quite the adventure."

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

OOC: Forgot male Ga-Toa were a thing in this.

"Uhh... well, I don't mind. Not too sure about Mr. Cranky over here, though."

IC: "Huh?" I asked numbly, feeling the hand at my shoulder. Turning over, I was greeted by, yet another pretty face. I wondered what I did in a past life to earn a day that was, in essence, a continuously looping ride on the Vomit Comet with all these ups and downs.

A lot of them were pretty, weren't they? 

Well, you all know me by now. I pride myself on being a mildly friendly, helpful individual, as I and many others were brought up to be. To refuse such a pleasant offer, especially from a foreign dignitary would normally be out of the question, considering she had specifically gone to me about it.

Sadly, though, this case wasn't normal. Parakuka in the water were nothing to be trifled with, especially by those of us without the proper knowledge, experience, and training.

"Sorry, but I think we'd all rather letting the Marines handle them. Those things aren't just normal Rahi, they're a lot more dangerous. A lot more sinister."

I said this a gracefully and politely as I could. You never knew, judging from what Sinshi had told me hours prior. Last thing I needed was an angry esper when my brain felt like mush, I'd think anyone can imagine how troubling that would be.

helo frens

Karz, this stinks.

Better find a way to convince that grumpy Matoran...

"What about Gali? She'd be great for transportation, and... I think she's warming up to you."

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

"Toenga, don't you think water might be a good idea with my... 'condition'? We can't have me burning everything."

Condition? Eh, I'll ask later. Seems like a buzz word.

"Yeah, what he said." Kazreak finally said to Toenga. "Don't worry, I'm mostly pretty serious. When you haven't seen other Toa for years, that coconut trick was a welcome pleasure."

IC: Voulge

"You really know how to make a simple comment into some long, dark and broody story." He paused a second with a contemplative look. When he returned to being aware he adopted a scowl and lowered his voice "I'm Tupua, everything I say has to be sad and depressing. The day I smile will be the day Makuta starts giving to charity." With a flick of his hand he was back to his odd self " So gist of it is you are looking for a bunch of old Makuta worshipers yet you have next to no clue where they could even be. Am I understanding this correctly?"

IC (Ayiwah):

Hearing the Toa's words drew the Commodore's attention. Toa Tarkus was not really the kind of company she would have expected Sinshi and company to find, but then again the only thing that had gone according to expectations was the danger they were all in constantly it seemed. And the Toa had helped them and displayed an obvious concern for Sinshi's health. Her mind started to interpret into the behaviour of the native, but she stopped herself the second the thoughts began to cross her mind. There were far more pressing concerns. 

"Would you care to elaborate, Toa Tarkus?" she asked. "Partial explanations have a tendency to only be partially helpful."

-----

IC (Tupua):

"Simply put." Tupua answered Volgue. 

"I have spent roughly a milennium hunting them, following them to places you never heard of before and many whose names I cannot recall anymore. We've traced them to here, following a trail of countless bodies. That should give you an idea who we are dealing with here. That is as lighthearted as the story gets for you."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"Toenga, what harm will be done?"

IC: Toenga

Toenga sputtered for a moment, pointing at the Ga-Toa randomly and trying to come up with a legitimate reason. In the end, though, he gave up.

"Ugh, you know what? Fine. But ONLY until we reach a certain point - then either you leave the group, or I will."

IC: 

Oh, you're kidding. Don't take that tone with me, not after everything just got explained three minutes ago. Especially considering the person I was talking to was there to hear it.

Nonetheless, I swallowed the bitter pill of irritation as best as I could, and with much the same tone I'd apologized to my would-be employer...sort of person, I pivoted on my tailbone to face the Dasakan leader and continued. Disrespect would get nobody anywhere. Think, Tarkus. It hasn't been easy to keep up with everything going on for you either, you can afford cutting the person leading an expedition into a foreign land that nearly lost losing 3-plus members some slack.

Really, it'd have been rude of me not to. I got over it.

"Like Sergeant Whitehot said, they're parasitic beings that are essentially portions of Makuta's essence. They survive by latching onto the back, and essentially jury-rigging themselves to your spinal cord, which then allows them to merge their consciousness with yours. And given that Makuta has effectively been the root of all evil on this island up until very recently... Well, I'm sure nobody wants to take any risks like that."

I paused for a moment, mulling that last statement over.

"Well, nobody except our "'hostess", I suppose."

Had to account for that. Wouldn't want to leave an elephant in the room.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

Kazreak silently did a fistpump of victory, then turned to Toenga, "Thank you, Toenga, for accepting me into your journey."

Kazreak noticed something.

"Actually, where are we going?"

IC: Soraya [Ga-Koro]

"You, Soraya, are in need of rest and medical attention. Go back to the ship with the others, stop by the medics and get a few hours of sleep before rejoining us. And that is an order."

She opened her mouth to protest and bit down instead.  She was in worse shape than she should have been, there was no denying that.  Much as it chafed her to be sent off to bed, this was entirely on her.  Do better next time. 

Sighing, she let herself be helped up by Daijuno"Let's grab the others and get them back first," she said, leaning against the other Dashi for support.  "I'm just tired; they're dealing with whatever crazy drug got cooked up by... by..."

She paused for a moment; one of the Toa was explaining the oh-so-pleasant concept of Parakuka.

"...By someone who would go out of her way to hook up with one of those."  She suppressed a shudder.  Willhammers were bad enough, thank you.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

"Alright, I'm heading back now" I announced, mostly to Dakte and Sinshi as I beckoned Kama to come along on my shoulder. When I passed Tarkus, explaining the idea behind Parakuka, I stopped for a moment.

"Hey you," I said, "Kama showed me you helped Dakte fight that crazy witch. Thanks for that."

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: 

At that, I allowed myself a grin.

"Did what I could, Mister Mako. Anyone else would've."

I know, I know. It was a change of pace from what I've been saying up until this point, but this is the sort of thing where humility plays a key role. I won't pretend I'm a master manipulator, or some card-carrying villain only lacking a goatee and mustache, but I do know enough to not puff up my chest and get a head full of hot air.

Besides, it wasn't like I was lying, either. I did do all I could do, and that's what I'd like believe anyone would in my position.

I feel like I'm talking in circles. Here, let me start over:

It made me a bit happier, knowing I'd earned the thanks in his eyes.

• Upvote 1

helo frens

IC: Zaara - Temple.

Nothing seemed to happen. "Told you so," she said smugly as she straightened to her feet. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Well, we're visiting Toenga's special someone, and then we're going to figure out where we're going. I'm currently on a bit of a quest for revenge. Long story short, death happened, I got mad, wanted revenge. Try to not get me mad, because then I kind of burn everything. Toenga knows."

== Ga-Koro - Cave - Temple ==

OOC: Amnesiac Ga-Matoran

IC: Looking around from behind Jalkron she could see that Zaara was unharmed. "Well maybe due to this trap being disabled, Please don't do that on any new traps we may stumble on. I like my head and limbs exactly where they currently are." She said to Zaara who may or may not have a death wish. "Can we keep going please?" She asked of the others in the group.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

IC:

The idea of some parasite latching onto her back and worming it's way into her consciousness was disgusting to Soraph. The mind was any Dasakan's most sacred place, even more so for a Willhammer. All her life Soraph had learned the intricacies of the mental plane and it was as much real to her as the ground she stood on. For a slug to invade that space was... profane. And yet, the Parakuka was strangely intriguing.

Curious, Soraph extended a mental probe and approached the parasite's consciousness.

:Who are you?:

The Parakuka could talk. They were sentient. But their minds were organized differently, it was a cacophony of shrieking sounds and distorted images, as if they'd been viewed through a looking glass. And there was wave after wave of greenish miasma, a dark evil that threatened to drown Soraph's thoughts. She gulped down so to say, since that wasn't actually possible on the plane, and started to speak to the creature.

:My name is Soraph. I am a Dasaka, I'm standing on the docks nearby. What's your name?

:I am Fen. What is Dasaka?

:We are similar to the Toa on this island. I was wondering what exactly -

:Stupid-ugly-girl! I'll latch your filthy body and suck you dry! You'll be skin and bone when I'm done, I'll feast on your energy and then I'll move onto your ridiculous family, you'll wish you'd never been born you-

Soraph instantly withdrew, shocked by the vile viciousness. She was overcome by a strong desire to throw up.

"Those things, those Parakuka are evil. Pure evil." she told Ayiwah and the others. "I touched their minds, and that's the first thing I felt. "Commodore, if these things are just the spawn of Makuta, we should be thankful the master is gone. If there are any of his followers left on Mata-Nui, we've got to be very careful with them. Now, if you don't mind, I think I'm going to go rest."

The Vilda princess focused her mental energies once again on the Parakuka, both of them this time. She issued a single command, her Willhammer skill ensuring it would be carried out. :Follow me:

To defeat an enemy, you must study her first. 

Soraph walked back with the others to the submarine, periodically repeating the command for the parasites swimming beneath the village.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC (Dakte)

"With all due respect, Miss Soraph," the Vilda heiress heard a voice, still raspy from a recent near-drowning, call from behind her, "what the do you think you're doing?"

Dakte had dragged himself to his feet, and was now standing with a pained grimace, fixing a disapproving stare on Soraph.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Dakte)

The male brushed off Akimoto's arm.

"I'm fine, I can stand," he said, then turned his gaze to the alien slug-creatures swimming in the water nearby—following Soraph. "Those things, the parasites...you saw what one did to Labelle. The locals say they're extremely dangerous, and I'm not inclined to second-guess them. So I hope it's clear why I'm...curious...as to why Vilda Soraph is leading them to our ship."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Tyrus, too, would be interested to know what was going on between these foreigners. Though nothing had visibly seemed to have occurred between them since his initial approach (and he still bristled slightly at having been ignored by the elder envoy, despite himself), this "Miss Soraph" had spoken of touching the Parakuka's mind. Telepathic capabilities? Their kind was unprecedented on Mata Nui; anything was possible. He would need more information before he could make an accurate assessment of the situation.

So he watched.

And he waited.

IC:

"Ye-hurgh-yeah," I gasped as I tried to support Soraya's weight (which, I should ask [in case this record ever ends up in the dye-maker's possession] was more of a testament to my meagre muscles than her, uh ... girth?), trying to get us over to where Aki and Dakte were waiting around. "I'd - siiii - I'd like to know what's going on here too. If only so that we can stop interrogating Soraph and let her - urgh, y'okay there Sor? - er, let her help carry some of our fellows back to the ship."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"To study them" Soraph said, unsure why Dakte was acting so angrily. 

"Like you said, I saw what they did to that Toa you met, Labelle. And I know, I really do, how evil and dangerous they are. But there are other Parakuka out there, latched onto good people that don't try to drown every stranger they meet. By learning more about these creatures we might be able to help those people, and rid the last traces of Mata-Nui from that being Makuta."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: Just realized now that I'd been ninja'd by Ghosthands. :P

IC:

'W-wait a minute here," I stammered, jaw dropping, nearly dropping Soraya my muscles were going limp so badly. "Look, Soraph, I sympathize with the good people being ... Parakaku'd or whatever these things are called as much as the next person. But you can't seriously be planning to bring them on board the ship."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Dakte)

"By taking those things on board the Ryuu you are putting all of us in danger," Dakte replied, in as level a tone as he could manage, despite his incredulity at what Soraph was doing. "And you're not exactly minimising risks. Why are you letting them swim freely? Why haven't you informed the Commodore of your intentions?"

Edited by Ghosthands