Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

... PS4's share button has really spoiled me. I've saved a bunch of videos to my hard drive, uploaded a few to YouTube and taken tons of screencaps, not having those features be standard (screencaps, at least, usually take 20+ a day on my Vita) sometimes feels a bit weird.

I hope that Smash WiiU at least has a YouTube upload function like Mario Kart.

my wallet's doing fine. you should get a job.

I'm already raising money for a trip to Switzerland in 2016. I put aside about five dollars a week towards my hobby fund. It will take a while to get enough for SSB4 for Wii U, Majora's Mask, either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, lots of new Bionicle and Majora's Mask 3D. That's a good $200 all together. 

i notice you said raising, and not saving.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I'm gonna wait until next year to get an Xbox One. Sunset Overdrive looks too amazing to pass up but I have monetary obligations at the moment. I'd ask for one this year but BIONICLE came back! So I guess my 360 will do until then. I still need to get COD and the new Borderlands anyway.

I'd also love to have a Lucina Amiibo! Please make one, Nintendo!

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I don't really care about their features, and as figures, well, for a bit more, I can get something much better (really need to get myself that Samus figma sometime). But, there are a few characters who I'd doubt would get physical merch otherwise, so they do kinda appeal to me as a collector.

Getting a couple in the first wave to try them out, but the third wave in February is when the ones I really would want start coming.

What are all your thoughts on amiibo? I'm personally not interested at all, as they look gimmicky to use, and all the "realistic" characters (Link, Marth, Ike, etc.) look hideously deformed.

I don't own a system where they'd be useable, but if they're reasonably priced I'll likely get the ones that represent my favorite characters and just have them as cute desk warmers.

Shulk on the other hand is hideous as an amiibo. And he's exclusive to Gamestop. Yeah, I don't think that particular figurine will get many sales, even from Xenoblade fans. =P

Ah well, not like these things are high quality to begin with. Aren't they like, thirteen dollars or something?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Yep, Amiibos are $13 or so. Of course, I've still seen higher-quality figures for less, but I'm gonna just assume that $10 of that is for the NFC tech. Even though I'm sure it isn't.

And I'll be one of those people getting Shulk, sadly I don't think there's gonna be another chance to get him in plastic.

Anyways, got surprised by some awful lag in Advanced Warfare, ended up getting a surprise round ending kill while completely missing the target. I've been screwed by lag so many times in that game. So glad it finally worked in my favor.

Wait, something just occurred to me.

Xenoblade Wii was exclusive to Gamestop. Shulk's figure is exclusive to gamestop...

Oh god, Nintendo, you aren't planning to make the entire series a Gamestop exclusive, are you? =|

Wait, something just occurred to me.

Xenoblade Wii was exclusive to Gamestop. Shulk's figure is exclusive to gamestop...

Oh god, Nintendo, you aren't planning to make the entire series a Gamestop exclusive, are you? =|

Considering Nintendo's track record with bringing JRPGs west, they would never do such a thing. :sarcastic:

In all honesty, though, I'd bet Xenoblade Chronicles X will be available everywhere, because it's probably the biggest upcoming game for the Wii U that isn't far-off in the distant future. I'd also assume Xenoblade 3DS won't be a GS exclusive, since I'm pretty sure it's the only N3DS exclusive announced ATM. I'd check to see if there are more, but Google doesn't understand the difference between new 3DS games and games for the New 3DS...

Edited by Terminus

I'm planning to get all of the Smash Bros. Amiibo figures, but otherwise I won't be purchasing them unless they look super awesome.

All of them? Assuming they make them for every non-Mii, that would be 48 amiibos. 48x13=624. That's a LOT of money on little figurines!

Tell that to figma collectors. Only Amiibo I plan to get is Captain Falcon only because of my avid love of F-Zero.

I'm just ToaD

I'm planning to get all of the Smash Bros. Amiibo figures, but otherwise I won't be purchasing them unless they look super awesome.

All of them? Assuming they make them for every non-Mii, that would be 48 amiibos. 48x13=624. That's a LOT of money on little figurines!

I like to consider myself a devoted Smash Bros. fan. As for Miis, it sounds like Nintendo is considering a custom-ordering system where you can purchase an Amiibo of your own Mii; depending on how they work that (if that's what they do), I'll be buying anywhere between 49 and 51 Amiibo figures.

If they start releasing like, limited editions of the Smash Bros. Amiibos though I'm out

I'll rage quit so hard the earth will reverse its orbit

I like to consider myself a devoted Smash Bros.

How many hours you logged into 4 yet? I'm at ~150 :P

Not as many as I would like, which is partially because I haven't enjoyed it like I did past games in the series. Something of the magic that the first three games had is lost in the 3DS version, and I'm hoping I'll find it again with Wii U.

I've also been busy with other things - it's easier for me to, say, organize a few rounds of Left 4 Dead 2 or Team Fortress 2 on PC with friends than it is to organize a few rounds of Smash Bros. 3DS, and I've also been writing a lot (both in prep for NaNo and for NaNo itself). 

I like to consider myself a devoted Smash Bros.

How many hours you logged into 4 yet? I'm at ~150 :P

Not as many as I would like, which is partially because I haven't enjoyed it like I did past games in the series. Something of the magic that the first three games had is lost in the 3DS version, and I'm hoping I'll find it again with Wii U.

I've also been busy with other things - it's easier for me to, say, organize a few rounds of Left 4 Dead 2 or Team Fortress 2 on PC with friends than it is to organize a few rounds of Smash Bros. 3DS, and I've also been writing a lot (both in prep for NaNo and for NaNo itself). 

I have no idea how I managed to work in so much time, since I'm balancing my job and school and my senior project is due next week and I haven't made any big sacrifices to my social life. I guess sleep is going a bit, but oh well :P

And online is still laggy... When is Nintendo going to get their act together on their netcode?

I'm wondering when they'll realize just because it works in Japan, doesn't mean it'll work in Euro/US and Canada. Japan's tiny and incredibly compact- the netcode works fine there, but internationally? Yeesh.

hElbrZ6.gif

And online is still laggy... When is Nintendo going to get their act together on their netcode?

I'm wondering when they'll realize just because it works in Japan, doesn't mean it'll work in Euro/US and Canada. Japan's tiny and incredibly compact- the netcode works fine there, but internationally? Yeesh.
I'm inclined to believe that there's more to it than just Japan making NA/EU high-speed Internet look like dial-up, as Smash 3DS's local wireless multiplayer was pretty lagtastic as well. It's like Nintendo only wants you to play Smash with four controllers connected to one console.

Anyways, I finally got around to testing out Amiibo functionality today, essentially it's like creating a really beefed-up AI opponent. You can't play as Amiibo characters (which kinda sucks), but you can create opponents with ridiculously high stats. The most disappointing thing about them, IMO, is that they gain levels from 1-50, and they do it at a really fast rate. I got my two Amiibos up past level 30 in under an hour.

I'm inclined to believe that there's more to it than just Japan making NA/EU high-speed Internet look like dial-up, as Smash 3DS's local wireless multiplayer was pretty lagtastic as well. It's like Nintendo only wants you to play Smash with four controllers connected to one console.

Anyways, I finally got around to testing out Amiibo functionality today, essentially it's like creating a really beefed-up AI opponent. You can't play as Amiibo characters (which kinda sucks), but you can create opponents with ridiculously high stats. The most disappointing thing about them, IMO, is that they gain levels from 1-50, and they do it at a really fast rate. I got my two Amiibos up past level 30 in under an hour.

The levels don't matter. They still learn after 50. Once they reach 50, the only real significance is that their reaction time is the same as a Level 9 CPU.

Is anyone here hyped for Hearts of Iron IV? I know I am. I have never played a game from this series before, but if it is supposed to be like the last two Paradox Grand-Strategy Games (CKII and EUIV) but more fast-paced WWI-WWII action. Sounds quite promising. :D

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

You can't play as Amiibo characters

uh, what? isn't that because amiibos are based off of characters already in the game?

You can't play as your customized amiibo characters is what I meant. Amiibo characters can get much more powerful than standard custom characters, so being able to play as them could have been fun.

uh, what? isn't that because amiibos are based off of characters already in the game?

You can't play as your customized amiibo characters is what I meant. Amiibo characters can get much more powerful than standard custom characters, so being able to play as them could have been fun.

They CAN? I thought the leveling up process was just AI, not actual strength.

Levels are AI, but you can boost stats by feeding them equipment. I think my Samus has 30+ in all three stats.

Levels are AI, but you can boost stats by feeding them equipment. I think my Samus has 30+ in all three stats.

Oh. Equipment is so broken that I don't even try with it.

Can you undo those stat boosts?

I think you can, if you reset the amiibo. Other than that, I have no idea.

But, feeding equipment still works like equipping equipment, as it boosts one stat and reduces another.

I think you can, if you reset the amiibo. Other than that, I have no idea.

But, feeding equipment still works like equipping equipment, as it boosts one stat and reduces another.

It boosts a stat by 2x or 3x, and only reduces it by x. That's not balanced at all!

So no way to remove equipment without destorying the AI? Darn.