Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

You wanna know what sucks? Bloodborne comes out tomorrow, and I can't play it 'cause my stupid cat broke my only flatscreen. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

You wanna know what sucks? Bloodborne comes out tomorrow, and I can't play it 'cause my stupid cat broke my only flatscreen. 

i feel your pain bro, i can't play bloodborne because i have to pay attorney fees because i killed a man while in a fit of rage caused by playing dark souls so i dont have a ps4

• Upvote 1

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

you realize halo's soundtrack is sort of overrated when you listen to the rest of it instead of just remembering the cool ones from campaign

Quite. Maybe that has something to do with my taste in music, a blend of classical, electronica and world music, basically Thomas Bergersen.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Does anyone think it would be bad for me to buy a 720p TV for PS4 gaming? I'm a bit strapped for cash atm, and your average 1080p is going to stretch me.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Poll:

Is the Wii U worth buying and why?

I'm really on the fence.

Yes. IF you're a fan of Nintendo games. Because that's pretty much the only worthwhile stuff on it.

Does anyone think it would be bad for me to buy a 720p TV for PS4 gaming? I'm a bit strapped for cash atm, and your average 1080p is going to stretch me.

I have my PS4 hooked up to a 760-something 32 inch TV, it's fine. 720 is still generally fine for pretty much everything, SD is the only place I've ever run into problems.

Poll:

I'm really on the fence.

Yes. IF you're a fan of Nintendo games. Because that's pretty much the only worthwhile stuff on it.

Yes, if you are a fan of the Wii U's library. The only games on it I personally feel were worth the money I paid were Hyrule Warriors and SSB4, with only Xenoblade and Zelda HD coming in the future for me...

Only if you want an extra little-like button sized d-pad, faster internet performance, extra bumpers, and shortened loading screens.

Of course, this is if you're upgrading from the 3DS to tne New 3DS

going from the DS to the 3DS, or from the DSi to the New 3DS is

well

it's going from the Wii to the Wii U.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

why would you still need your ds lite? 3ds is backwards compatible. 

Exactly what Kapura said.

I'm not going to buy GBA games for the 3DS when I already have a DS that can already play the physical copies that I already have.

Edited by Lord Commander Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Man I haven't had a new console since 2006. My brother got a Wii and he kinda just left me all of his video games when he moved out, so I have a Wii, a PS2 that doesn't work, a Gamecube, an N64, a SNES, and an original Gameboy. I'e wasted many hours of my life on Mario 64, Majora's Mask, and Yoshi's Island.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

IT'S REAL OH MY GOD

also new FE If stuff

Poll:

I'm really on the fence.

Honestly, it's the only current system I don't feel a bit of buyer's remorse for. It's pretty solid overall, and while games are starting to trickle in for PS4 (and to a lesser extent, XBone), a lot of fairly solid games are already out for the Wii U.

Edited by Roland Deschain

hElbrZ6.gif

After watching Game of Thrones, my hype is already worked up to side with the Nohrs.

Wait, is Nohr and Hoshido two separate titles?

Speaking of FE, what's the best units to deploy when facing Priam and his army? I can't seem to defeat the other half of his forces without my tanks dying every time.

You may say I'm a fool, feeling this way about you. There's not much I can do, I'm gonna be this way my life through!

'cause I still believe in miracles: I swear I've seen a few! And the time will surely come when you can see my point of view! I believe in second chances and that's why I believe in you!

Welcome back, Lucas. :)

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

IT'S REAL OH MY GOD

also new FE If stuff

Poll:

I'm really on the fence.

Honestly, it's the only current system I don't feel a bit of buyer's remorse for. It's pretty solid overall, and while games are starting to trickle in for PS4 (and to a lesser extent, XBone), a lot of fairly solid games are already out for the Wii U.

I'm underwhelmed with the Wii U's library. All I like on it is Hyrule Warriors and SSB4, and all I'm interested in the future is Xenoblade, Zelda, and SMTxFE.

SMTxFE IS ALIVE.

SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW.

In other news DS and N64 games are headed to the WiiU VC, which is pretty cool. Kinda wish they'd bring those to the 3DS, especially since the N3DS now has all the controls needed for N64 games.

Took them more than long enough with the VC. Remember how the Wii launched with NES, SNES, and N64? And how they had 200 games on there in about a year? And how they released multiple games every week? And how by this time in it's lifespan, it had SEGA, Turbografx, and other consoles I'd never heard of?

Those were the days.

I'm kinda surprised about how it looks too, especially since it is made by the DeSu team. Although Persona has pretty much been the entirety of MegaTen these past few years.

Although I'm really getting Final Fantasy XIII vibes from that summoned mecha-Pegasus thing. Really hoping stuff like that isn't the entirety of monster summoning for the game.

After watching Game of Thrones, my hype is already worked up to side with the Nohrs.

Speaking of FE, what's the best units to deploy when facing Priam and his army? I can't seem to defeat the other half of his forces without my tanks dying every time.

In Japan, the game will be released in two seperate versions: one where you side with Hoshido, and one where you side with Nohr. You can get the other campaign and a third campaign as DLC. There's also a special edition which has both campaigns and the third DLC campaign, and the digital version has both campaigns but the third DLC campaign must be bought seperately. I'm just going to hope that NoA realizes how unnecessarily complicated this is and just releases one version. 

In Japan, the game will be released in two seperate versions: one where you side with Hoshido, and one where you side with Nohr. You can get the other campaign and a third campaign as DLC. There's also a special edition which has both campaigns and the third DLC campaign, and the digital version has both campaigns but the third DLC campaign must be bought seperately. I'm just going to hope that NoA realizes how unnecessarily complicated this is and just releases one version. 

I think it's more likely that NoA will release both versions, but one will be exclusive to Gamestop/EB Games and the other will only be available via preorder. We won't get the third campaign as DLC, but rather as a Best Buy exclusive 6 months after the original release.

I remember seeing Pokemon ORAS was sold as a set at a slightly discounted price, so I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to release both versions of FE in a single package over here, although I'd also expect them to bring over all the over complicated stuff.

The master version is definitely going to drain my pockets. You could always buy the digital copy and choose whatever path you want, but the game will lock it as that path. So no reconsideration. Teardrop.

it did come out a year earlier. and nintendo games are always a matter of flavor; there are still more ps4 games i'd play than wiiu games, despite the smaller library.

I remember seeing Pokemon ORAS was sold as a set at a slightly discounted price

iirc it wasn't in north america-- it was sold, two games for $90 with a potions package to sweeten (?) the deal.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Anyone else feeling "meh" about Bloodborne? It feels like it's hard for the sake of being hard.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well...

I have officially managed to preorder the amiibo figures for Gold Mario, Ness, Charizard, Pac-Man, Wario, Lucina, and Robin. I also grabbed a Super Mario series Bowser amiibo today, and the Super Mario series Peach, Luigi, and Yoshi figures are all en route to me as well.

That just leaves Greninja and Jigglypuff to be preordered... and then I still need to get my hands on King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Shulk, as well as the Super Mario series Mario and Toad figures. Woo~

So, any Minecraft fans.

Sure, why not. Unfortunately, nowadays finding good servers with cool people is practically a diamond in the rough. If you just want to go on and play some good HG or CTF, then any server will do.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username.