BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC(Moeru and Rida(Iki)):

Blood. Smoke. Flames. Destruction. Murder. War.

An entire island is being razed, Dasaka warriors crushing everything in their path.

I wake up in cold sweat, and the first thought that enters my mind is that I need to talk to Rida.

It takes me merely minutes to get ready, and soon I'm striding through Iki's underground paths, Kasai sheathed at my side.

Despite her high position as Toroshu, Rida's never chosen to live in a large palace or anything of the sort. Rather, she resides in a simple stone dwelling like the average Mamoru citizens.

I knock on the door to this home, but receive no response.

.:Rida. Come out. Now. We need to talk.:.

Her response isn't a clearly defined thought like most Dasaka's, but rather a clumsy transmission of emotions.

.:Tired. Annoyed.:.

Regardless, in a few minutes we're sitting in her home across a crystalline coffee table.

"Rida, we have to. We can't just sit by and let them declare war on an entire race because six individuals ######ed them off."

"Sure we can. And if we want this clan to keep it's good name within the Empire, we will."

"No." I've never felt so sure of anything in my life as I rise from my seat. "No we can't. And if you don't take action, then ######it, I will."

As I leave Rida's home, I can't help but wonder if what I'm about to do is wise.

No, it isn't. Not even close. But I have to do it.

Eventually I reach the Iki market. Though rarely of any importance, there are always some Dashi passing through for whatever reason.

"Dasaka of Clan Mamoru!" I shout, standing in the center of the market.

"For our clans entire existence, we have been loyal to the Rora and to Zuto Nui. There has now come, however, the issue of the island of Mata Nui and whether our glorious Empire will make allies with it's people, bring them to the heel, ignore them entirely, or destroy them in war and conquest.

"Well, I stand before you to tell you that I am Moeru, brother of Rida, Toroshu of Mamoru. And I will not - indeed, I can not if I wish to maintain my conscience - fight in war against a land that has done nothing to ours, regardless of what a few ###### criminals may have done to us."

I draw Kasai and stab the sword into the ground before me.

"Thus, while I cannot dictate Mamoru's course - rather, that would be my sister's place - I wish for you to spread this news around the Archipelago: Tell them that Moeru, brother of Toroshu Rida of Clan Mamoru, will not fight with the Empire should they declare war on Mata Nui. Let all who will take this position rally behind me."

I pull Kasai back out of the ground and sheathe it.

"And let all who will murder innocents beware."

OOC: Moeru open for interaction, be it assent or a challenge.

:a::k::i:

Edited by The Nold

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC (Tazera)

:Don't worry, Aya,: Tazera responded. :We both know it's the most sensible course of action - you need to be in two places at once? That's what I'm here for. And besides, between you and me, I'll take a little stalking over chatting up paper-pushers.:

The lieutenant gave her friend and commander a nod.

"I'll rendezvous with you later, Commodore," she said, her tone snappy and formal once outside the mental plane. "Shall I try to catch up with you, ma'am, or would you prefer we meet elsewhere?"

Taz wasn't overly concerned about politics, even if those politics could lead to her being sent into war. Part of her sometimes wondered whether she ought to take more of an interest; but no, it wasn't her place. She was a soldier, a follower of orders. Those orders were not hers to question, nor to influence, so she kept her mask out of places it didn't belong. And anyway, she would stick to Ayiwah come what may, and she trusted the Commodore to make the right decisions.

IC (Kilanya)

"But of course," said Kilanya graciously. "You are most welcome here, Son of the Vilda. I will have one of the castle's guest suites prepared for you."

She gave a nod to a nearby aide, who quickly disappeared through a side-door, no doubt to begin making making rooms ready for Kulrik and his companion.

"Now, if there is nothing else you require or wish to speak of, there are matters I must attend to," she continued. "As I'm sure you're aware, the duties of a Toroshu are many."

Kilanya beckoned to another aide, who began to prepare her notes to continue the briefing that had been interrupted by Kulrik's arrival. As politically important as this visit was, there was no point in prolonging it with frivolities.

Edited by GhosthandsOfChristmasPast

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Daikura Koga

He sat in his room drinking tea. The pot hung over a brazier in the floor, keeping temperature while the first cup slowly passed through his lips, the sweet flavor of toasted rice mingling with the pungent aroma of freshly cut tea leaves. It was a daily tea, not a powdered green reserved for special occasions, and yet Koga still found peace and tranquility in the single cup resting between his palms. The heat passed through the clay and into his sleepy fingers. A menti servant busied herself with putting away his bed, tidying the cluttered shelf of crystal books from his research the day before, and otherwise keeping herself quiet in his presence. She was there only long enough to clean and then she was gone, leaving Koga truly alone while Hane hunted for a fish. He lingered in the empty plane of his mind, enjoying the slow and methodical examination of the tea's essence. His mother, Sakrayo, had raised Koga as a first son of the Daikura was expected to be raised, and the subtleties of flavor were not lost to his scholarly mind. The leaves had come from Oki, for they carried the fresh flavor of a more jungle climate, while the rice had undoubtedly been grown on Odaiba. It was a poor menti's tea: a man of Koga's disposition could afford tea grown in the Imperial Gardens, harvested only at special times with song and prayers to Zuto-Nui, and processed with the utmost detail to leaf and stem. However, it was the rustic charm of the tea he drank that pleased the chōnan, first son.

​He thought of Soraph and the sputtering flame of ideation in his mind grew into rose she seemed. She was hungry for revenge, pretty as starlight reflecting on water, and prepared in a way Koga had never seen. She did not take her lot in life with kind words and a bow of piety. It appealed to the man sitting in a room, a man who for any other circumstances was little more than a prisoner in his cell. What could Koga do to break free?

:And you return at last.: Koga reprimanded as with a screech of success Hane flew through the open window, landed on her perch, and ruffled her vermillion wings. :You seem content.:

It was a new experience for Koga to feel empathy for Hane. He had always loved her as a cherished pet, but until the moment Soraph had shown him the way to enter Hane's mind he thought of the janu as nothing more than rahi, mindless and instinctual. Their flight had changed everything. After leaving Soraph on the veranda Koga had continued to engage with Hane, slowly building up a mental trust with the raptor bird. Now, emotions would pass between them freely whenever they were close, occasionally interspersed by shaky images in wild swirling colors. It wasn't language, but with time perhaps it would become one. He attempted to impress his contentment upon her, but was repelled by the fierce mind of a predator. Sighing, Koga put down his cup of tea, focused, and released the thoughts of finishing a meal, placing chopsticks on their rest for the last time, and of a full belly onto the mental plane. On cue, Hane chortled and began picking at her plumage. Koga laughed and stood up.

:Come, Hane. Let us take a walk.:

OOC: Daikura Koga open for interaction in the Imperial Palace, walking around with a vermillion janu bird on his shoulder.

Edited by Kughii

IC: Soraya (Sado Markets)

War, debate, thieves, killers, monsters, Matas, islands... Soraya sighed and changed course away from the hubbub of the crowd gathered a few blocks ahead of her. This whole Mata Nui thing was interesting, sure, but why did everyone feel the need to spend so much time screaming at each other about it? Either they were going to start sending folks over or they weren't. If some people wanted to go track down these murderers that had visited the archipelago, more power for them. She just cared if she was going to get to start making trans-oceanic sales any time soon.

That'd be a feather in the cap, she thought with a grin. Plangori dyes - best selling in the archipelago and off it.

The image of Morie's frowning face floated up in her mind, and the grin vanished. Subject to approval, granted. The Toroshu had made it fairly clear that she saw the dispute with this other island as a distraction at best and just asking for trouble at work. Soraya wouldn't mind the opportunity to take a peek at it herself, but it wasn't her decision to make.

She turned off into a side street and saw a tall, lavender-clad, Akaku-wearing Dasaka peering at one of the local food stands. Her robe had started to fade around the edges, Soraya saw, and she felt her hand twitch a little. No sales until you know their clan, Soraya. That's the rule. And no Umbraline purple's going to fade to lavender that badly. Great spirit, she missed living somewhere where a sales pitch wasn't a possible political insult.

Still - a little friendly conversation never hurt anyone. And if, by chance, the Dasaka was a friend of the Umbralines, and if, by chance, talk turned to sales, well, she'd just deal with that then, wouldn't she?

Readjusting her satchel, she sighed and stepped up to the Dasaka's side. "Don't eat here. Trust me. Half the food's smothered in sauce so you can't tell it's gone bad, and the other half's priced high enough you'll wind up convincing yourself it doesn't taste like the underside of a dirty boot."

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Eiyu Kwaiya

The dashi bookbinder stretched, her toes playing peekaboo with the world from under the quilted covers of her bed. Her hands, with those quick and nimble fingers stained from tanning chemicals and scoured with countless needle pricks, went in the opposite direction of her feet, as if an invisible rack was slowly pulling Kwaiya apart from either end. Instead of a scream, however, she gave a contented sigh as her low back gave a soft pop, spine returning to its proper alignment after a night sleeping funny. Blinking, her vision slowly came into focus and she rolled and sat up. A mirror hidden behind a felt cover, a coat stand holding a scarf, her hobo bag dangling over the chair in the breakfast nook, the city of Sado spread out around her from the picture window. With a yawn she rose and began her day, doing her best to ignore the guilt clawing at her throat.

I saved a book from destruction, she thought to herself, rationalizing the theft as best she could. No book deserves destruction.

A light meal and a short walk later Kwaiya was at work, pushing a trundling shelving cart around the circular Imperial Libraries.

OOC: Kwaiya open for interaction in the Imperial Library.

IC: Eiyu Ankora (Imperial Library)

In the marbled halls of knowledge, silence was just as much a virtue as it was a duty, and Ankora knew this well, which was why she kept her cane-tapping to a minimum.

The earlier incident at the marketplace had gotten Ankora thinking, and her mind had settled on something she felt she needed to investigate further.

As she surveyed the collection of crystal tablets, lightly interspersed with hide-bound pen and paper, she spotted a Dashi milling about, tending to a cart filled with works as she proceeded to put them back in their proper slots.

"Excuse me, Ringti," she called to Kwaiya, "I require your assistance"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Celis (Sado, Markets)

Celis could hear the Dashi and immediately looked down at her. She noted the colors on her clothing and smirked.

Ah.. Plangori. One of the most odd and weak clans out there.

"Ah.. well thank you for alerting me of this before i spent my money."

However Celis now turned to face the dashi fully with her right hand resting on her cane. She could not help but look a little intimidating given the size difference

"Though who are you if i may inquire?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"I seek records on the ancient history of the Dasaka, before the empire, before the clan wars, the very beginning of life on Kentoku. Do you know where I can find any such records in this ginormous place?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Gotsoko)

"'Ginormous'," came an aged voice from behind Ankora and Kwaiya, "is not a word you will find in any of the dictionaries here."

A Datsue, even older than Ankora, leaned on a staff of office in the aisle nearby. Her blue robes, emblazoned with the sigil of the Library, were instantly recognisable.

"So it surprises me to hear you use it, Ankora."

The Lorekeeper had left her vantage point above the marketplace with changed plans; contrary to her expectations, it seemed that general opinion of those present was powerfully against an invasion of the newly-discovered land to the east (not to mention that of the chojo herself) which rendered her intended visit to the Rora unnecessary. So, naturally, she had returned to the Library.

This was her domain, this vaulted cathedral to knowledge; nowhere did the ancient scholar feel more at home than among these book-lined mazes. The Imperial Library was, of course, far older than she was; scholar-architects of old had designed the towering windows, high roofs and sweeping staircases, but over the years every Lorekeeper had added something of their own to the vast building. Once, it had been a single hall of open space, but as the hoard of volumes had grown, mezzanines and annexes had sprung up around its walls, and vaults that delved deep beneath the ground. Her own tenure had seen the ingenious addition of walkways; bridges, themselves bearing bookcases, now stretched across the vast gap in the centre of the hall, providing yet more space for books and yet still allowing light to filter down to the ground level of the library from the crystal ceiling.

It was a magnificent sight, and a challenge to navigate, and nobody knew it better than Gotsoko.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

"Well, naturally, good Gotsoko" Ankora replied, diverting her attention from Kwaiyah to her fellow elder.

"I am a philosopher; I do neat deal in absolutes, like for example the vocabulary that dictionaries claim to be more or less inscrutible"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Soraya caught the Dasaka's smirk and the lilting tone to her voice. Whoops. Five-to-one odds of egoist, or at least someone who enjoys being up above the rest of us

Still, it was going to take quite a bit more than a satisfied smirk and a lean on the cane to make her intimidated of some random Dasaka. "Name's Soraya. I'm a ringti of the Plangori clan; I work from my shop a few streets over." She gave only the slightest of bows and threw on her usual confident smile. "Are you familiar with our work? Your robe seems a bit... well, I can see it wasn't dyed by one of us, is what I mean to say.

"But you have me at a disadvantage. You are...?"

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Celis nodded rather slowly as she heard Soraya

"My robe is actually just rather old... But it is nice to make you acquaintance. My name is Celis, Toroshu of Clan Vadiru."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Toroshu. Probably not a good idea to tee her off, then. Vadiru, what was Vadiru again? She'd had small contracts with them in the past, that was right, and also-

Morie's voice was harsh in her memory, barking out the rules she had to follow if she was going to work with the Umbralines. Vadiru work for Fursics, Fursics hate Umbralines and vice versa. She swallowed. Probably best not the best client to be seen selling anything to, then. Great spirit, she hated politics.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance as well," she said, fighting down the urge to follow up with a you know, I could freshen up that robe so you'd think it was brand new. "What brings you to the markets? You picked a bit of an odd day, it looks like. Lots of squabbling over the Mata Nui problem."

Edited by GSR

Celis waved a dismissive hand as she hears this

"Clan Vadiru will support whatever clan Fursic decide on the matter. It is as simple as that. I was actually here originally to pick up some courier birds but found myself distracted by the small gathering."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Whatever works for you guys." She glanced back towards the gathering. "Anything interesting go down there? I was a bit tied up most of today."

"Well i wasn't there for the actual gathering. So i wouldn't really know. For some odd reason fate transpired against me as i came in just as people were leaving."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Huh, that so?" She shrugged. "Look at us then, late to the party together." She glanced up the street, towards the main body of the palace; a few others were milling around the street, but by and large the markets were quiet save for the hubbub off in the other direction. For a moment she wondered if that Dashi screw-up-slash-client of hers had made it back to the Palace's inner wings without bumping into anyone wondering why she was carrying a Chōjo's robe.

"So!" she said, and leaned against the stall (the Dashi manning it glared daggers into the side of her head, which she pointedly ignored), "courier birds. You send a lot of stuff cross-archipelago?"

• Upvote 1

IC: Celis (Sado. Markets)

Celis could not help but smile as she saw Soraya prop againt the stall and try and make small talk

"Well. They just make it far easier and more effective than sending someone to send said letter."

Celis adjusted the scope on her akaku as she scanned the markets seeming to be scanning any who may be close by. However she did not catch a sight of anyone. However she looks back down at Soraya and her eyes narrow

"So what pray tell brought you to the market as well?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Kwaiya

Kwaiya's bow sunk lower with the arrival of the blue robed elder. Datsue Gotsoko, of clan Eiyu, was a woman the skilled ringti loved and feared in equal measure. Loved, for the fact thieves and meddlers in the order of the Imperial Library were rightfully punished. Fear for the same reason.

"Perhaps," Kwaiya suggested, "such records might be in the lower levels?"

Soraya shrugged. "Didn't I say? I work here. But as to why I'm wandering around- I had a bit of a mess to clean up earlier today, and I needed a break for the evening. Was hoping I'd run into something fun, but so far all I've found is a bunch of bickering and a stall owner who's half a minute away from telling me to get off his property." She tilted her head back and called to Dashi inside, "It's public space, pal, so put down the spatula and spend your breath on getting this place halfway decent."

She turned her attention back to the Dasaka. "What's got you in such a lather with that mask of yours, anyway? Expecting someone?"

Celis looked down at Soraya as she heard the dashi weave her tale of why she was here

I miss the days I would have smashed my will upon people like this.

However celis nodded rather slowly as she heard her question

"Not really. I just prefer to keep my eyes open for anyone approaching. Can never be too careful. However you mention a mess. I assume everything has been handled on that i take it? Always hate when messes are left unattended."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

The meeting of the minds within the marketplace was nearly done, this Kagesu could easily tell. Many of the participating parties had already gone, and the few that remained were quieting down. And, much to her relief, the First Son that she had threatened with retribution had stood down as well. Though she was confident of her skill, fighting a First Son was, for the most part, not something to be done lightly.

With steps as light and quiet on the ground as feathers, the Menti turned away from the scene, vanishing into the crowd as if she had never been there at all. In this living sea of bodies, she could pass unnoticed with ease, just another individual in a mass. No noble would pay her any mind, nor would any other Menti in that throng of beings. She preferred it that way; It was easier to be unnoticed than it was to be noticed, and it carried far fewer risks. And in this case, it was far more efficient.

Her first stop was a small stall off the beaten path. Battered and worn, it had seen far greater days. The Ringti who operated it wasn't much better, their armor pitted and scarred, hands eternally coated in a fine layer of dust and ash. Her eyebrows raised when she spotted her customer, not out of surprise, but in greeting.

"Eiyu Kagesu." The inventor intone drily, giving a slight bow. "It has been a long while since last you visited my 'shop'. I was beginning to think you'd found another supplier."

"I might have, if I could find one that made the same at a lower price." At this, the Ringti scoffed, beginning to root around in the boxes before her.

"No one makes these aside from me. And I only make them because you buy them." After a few moment's effort, her hands closed around a small box. Withdrawing it from the clutter of its similar brethren, she handed it over to Kagesu. The dark-armored Menti took it with one hand, rooting through the pouches at her waist with the other.

"How much this time?"

"Oh, I'd say about... Three Dragons."

"Highway robbery."

"I made a larger batch."

Sighing, Kagesu withdrew the coins, and handed them to the Ringti. They danced this dance every time; The Menti would complain about the price, the Ringti would make a remark, hand over the product, she would deliver her price, Kagesu would complain, but ultimately, she would pay. The Ringti was right; No one else made the little spheres packed away in the box. Besides, the Ringti priced fairly.

Raising a hand in farewell, she turned and walked back onto the main street, tucking the box under her arm. She didn't need to wonder where Masuyo was; She was a short distance away, moving in this same direction. Such coordinating was, at this point, not even second nature; It was simply natural.

They knew where they were headed, after all. There was a certain Ageru they needed to go see.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

To be honest, Akakus creeped Soraya out a bit. Too much futzing and zooming, not enough - y'know, eyes. The Dasaka was proving to be little exception, and the vague coldness at the back of her question did little to soothe things over.

On the other hand, what better way to deal with coldness than a blast of hot air? "You and me both, sister," she shot back. "Can't go into details - confidential work, you understand - but someone made a mistake, I cleaned it up, and assuming said someone didn't manage to screw it up again on their way home, all should be well." She grinned. "Work, eh? Half the time you're surrounded by morons and half the time you are the moron. Well, maybe a quarter, I shouldn't be so hard on myself. You know what I'm talking about?"

At this point she could tell there was a very real chance of the Dasaka either just straight-up walking away or launching her into the nearest hilariously-well-stocked fruit stand, but that was life. She'd spent a few too many nights recently with her head in the dyes; she was entitled to have some fun with this conversation.

IC: Sakrayo - Sado

The Daikura looked at her cane. It was formed of metal, and as such was very rare in the Kentoku Archipelago. When she retired from teaching and became a Daikura, she had the sword she wielded melted down and reforged it into the staff she used today.

She then got up from the bench she had been sitting on, and began to walk around the gardens, heading towards the exit. She left the gardens, and continued walking around the Imperial Palace. As she walked, she saw a Menti with a bright red bird upon their shoulder.

That was likely someone Sakrayo knew very, very well. She approached him, and confirmed her thoughts on who he was.

"Koga, I have not seen you for a more than week. How are you, my son?"

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

Koga had been strolling for a short time with Hane before a familiar maternal presence echoed from across the gardens. He smiled and turned, ready to meet his mother with a familial bow. To embrace her would have been childish, but his eyes echoed the love and sentiment they shared as a family.

:Hello mother.: He thought in a placid field of mental flowers. :I have been well, how has your stay in Sado taken?:

Celis smiled faintly as she heard this

"Well I think your mistake was trusting this task to someone else after you already had cleaned it up."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"I hear ya. I'd have taken care of the rest of it myself if I'd had a choice in the matter, but I'd rather not deal with sneaking it back into - ah, that is, it was out of my hands after I did my part." Not quite a disastrous slip of the tongue, but close.

"Anyway! You do get what I'm talking about. You're good at taking care of business, but people just can't always seem to accept that. Be a lot easier if they just let you do your work and own it if you make a mistake, am I right?"

IC:

[sado, Market District]

Hatchi tried keep a low profile as the crowd dispersed. She had been going to announce the coming of the Taajar caravan, but with all the passions that had been inflamed by the Menti in the square (as well as the large amount of Dasaka about), she thought it was best not to attract any more attention than she already was.

Still, some things could not be avoided.

“Hey you,” said one of the various stall owners that had been draw out by the argument. Speaking informally to Taajars was one of the few privileges Imperial saihoko had. “Where’s the joint?”

Hatchi half-bowed from Myzru’s back. “We have pitched our humble tents just outside Kari district, on the southeast side of the city, if it please,” she said quietly.

“Kari district,” the seller muttered, and Hatchi weaved her way out through the crowd before he could finish thinking. She knew that in a few hours, word of her caravan’s coming would have reached the ears of nearly half the district.

OOC: Hatchi is making her way out of the market, but she should still be available for interaction for a while.

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Celis nodded slightly as she heard this

"I can fully understand what you are saying. Though sometimes mistakes can make or break work. It would truly be better if mistakes were never made. But I do agree fully that we should be allowed to right our own mistakes and own up to them,"

She leaned a bit on her cane as she considered Soraya a bit more

"So are you here on Sado for a day trip or are you stationed here on a more permanent basis?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC(Moeru, Rida, and Yujin(Iki)):

"What in Zuto Nui's name were you thinking?!"

I can't believe I'm being scolded by my sister. My younger sister, too.

"I was thinking that perhaps blindly following the Rora isn't always a good idea."

"Do you have any idea what openly challenging the authority of the Rora herself could do to this clan?! Do you care at all that you could very well destroy this clan doing things like that?!"

"Do you care at all that people are talking about committing genocide?!"

"We don't know that!"

"Yes we do! You were there in the markets, you heard what they were saying!" At this point, I'm getting pretty angry. I rise from my seat.

"Do you actually think we have the right to destroy an entire species?!"

Not waiting for an answer, I leave my Rida's home.

I know what I must do.

I see a turquoise-armored Dashi miner.

"Hey, you!"

Turning to face me, the Dashi immediately runs, but finds her way blocked when she hits a wall of psychophysical energy.

"What's your name?"

"Y-Y-Yujin," she stutters. "Look, sir, whatever it is, I can assure you someone else did it, so you can just move along, nothing to see here - "

I have to struggle to keep a straight face. "Calm down, kid. You're not in any trouble. I just have a job for you. You know who I am, right?"

"Of course I do. You're Moeru, Toroshu Rida's bodyguard."

I nod. "And her brother, but that's beside the point. You know about what I said yesterday in the market, right?"

At this, her face brightens. "Of course I do, I don't think there's a Dasaka on Iki who hasn't heard about that. Gotta hand it to you, you got some guts, mister."

"Well, I need you to do me a favor that may or may not involve treason, depending on how things go on Sado. You in?

"Name it."

"I need you to spread the word to anyone you think would be willing to oppose attacking Mata Nui. You know that huge abandoned mine on the southeastern edge of Iki, the one minedivers call Zataka's Pit?"

"Yeah, I go there all the time."

"Tell them to meet there three days from now, and we'll discuss matters. Understood?"

"You got it."

As Yujin walks away, I feel sure that my call for a meeting will spread across the island.

Sure enough, by sunset there are posters in every cave, each reading the same simple message:

MATA NUI HAS DONE US NO HARM

Zataka's Pit, three days

:a::k::i:

Edited by The Nold

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

"Here for the forseeable future, in any event. My shop's a few streets over that-a-way" - she waved her hand in something like the general direction she'd come from - "and I'm all settled in, for the most part. Used to be I'd hop all around the archipelago, but word came down from on high that we needed someone to handle Sado, and I was the least likely to screw it up."

She sighed and flopped her head back. "I do miss the travel a bit though, won't lie. But I go where the job needs me."

The Datsue shook her head and responded back mentally.

.:Koga, I live on Sado. I still work for the school as a guidance counselor, and do sometimes take the place of other teachers:.

IC: Daikura Koga

Koga laughed, scratching the top of his ruru with an embarrassed expression as he stepped closer to Sakrayo. :That's horrible when you forget where you own mother lives. Really, I've just been so distracted lately things have been slipping my mind. And I stayed up late...:

Koga trailed off before his thoughts of Soraph could filter across the psionic plane. The last thing he needed was his mother setting him up for another token marriage, especially after having just denied a suitable match for her limited mental fortitude. Switching subjects he jumped to the closest thing at mind: the island discovery.

:Say,: he projected curiously, :have you heard anything of the Mata-Nui island lately? Rumors have wound their way to me but I'm off to play Paero with the first sons and honestly I haven't done my reading on the subject. Is there anything I could cram into my head mother?:

The Datsue shrugged and then responded to her son.

.:Nothing much to be honest. I have heard little news of the island, although I did discuss it with another Datsue in the Imperial Gardens earlier. I, as you know, am strongly against them and wish to wage war. But good luck in the Paero game. Do you know which other Sons you will be playing with?:.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Celis

Celis nodded slowly as she listened

"Well I an certainly understand the traveling where your job takes you."

However she looks towards the north for a second and shook her head

"I should actually be going but it was nice speaking with you. And I may have to keep you in mind if i ever need services of your type in the future."

And with that she dips her head offering a slight bow.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC (Gotsoko)

The Lorekeeper raised an eyebrow.

"Philosophy's shades of grey are quite different to the rules of grammar and linguistics, Ankora," she said. "Language evolves, of course, but according to need. A quick look in a thesaurus will show you that we have quite enough words meaning 'very large'."

Gotsoko's old blue eyes shone wryly over her crystal spectacles.

"To disregard the strictures of our language for simple whimsy could be seen as to eschew the virtue of Order, don't you think?"

She clapped her hands, not giving Ankora the chance to reply. The aged Datsue was very difficult to read; whether her words were born of dogmatism or wisdom was unclear.

"But come, neither of us are here to argue semantics. Kwaiya is correct; our most ancient histories are kept in the vaults - the original texts, of course. Newer summaries and transcriptions are available, but I always find that the old books have a richer song."

• Upvote 1

"Semantics have never been my strong suit" Ankora said in agreement as she followed Gotsoko's lead.

"And I certainly hope the retelling of the ancient times have not changed too much since the original recordings were written" she said mostly as a joke, amendments or changes to the records were exceedingly rare, to the point of being nonexistent, something both of them knew very well.

"I was mostly wishing to find any information on the old masters, there is something the recent discussion in the market place has reminded me of"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Hm?" She perked her head up. "Oh, uh, yeah! Good talking with you." She gave the Dasaka a quick nod - no, gotta be a bow in the capitol - a last-second bow that nearly sent her stumbling into the stand's open front. She grinned as best she could and nonchalantly brushed off a bit of dirt that wasn't actually there on her jacket. "Next time you need something dyed, just ask around for a Plangori. We're always happy to do good work."

Celis was giving her one of those half-indecipherable, half-cool stares, and Soraya decided it was probably best to cut her losses now. She gave a cheery wave and turned back to the south; in the distance, the crowd was dispersing, and she set off towards the square. The night was still young; maybe she could find a conversation partner who wasn't likely to indirectly cost her her job.

She'd gotten no further than two blocks when she stopped dead in her tracks.

Now, that's something you don't see every day. The saihoko dipped into a side alley and took off sprinting towards the southeast. She still wasn't familiar with all the ins and outs of the city, but if she took a left here, and then a right here-

The Husi passed leisurely in front of her, the Dashi atop it paying no heed to the saihoko loitering in the alley. Soraya grinned. Riding animals through the streets, multicolored robes, patterns and knives and earrings

Been too long since I've chatted with a Tajaar. And a caravaner too. The night was looking up.

A quick dash back, up, and around the block, and she was idly leaning against a stall that sold things that the poor soul running it probably thought counted as stylish.

"Tajaar, is it?" she chirped as the Husi came trudging up the street towards her. "Welcome to Sado."

Edited by GSR

IC:

[sado, Market District]

Hatchi half-bowed from the top of her bird, her mask-rings swinging back and forth as she righted herself.

“I have been to the capital many times, and no one has been so kind enough to welcome me,” she said in smooth, neutral imperial. From her split second evaluation of the ringti in front of her, she judged that she shouldn’t bother with excessive formalities.

The strangest people are being nice to me today, Hatchi thought. It was more than a little disconcerting. She had recognized the distinctive colors of clan Plangori instantly. As it was, she had shelved them under the “not dangerous, but particularly contemptuous and not likely to trade you anything of value.” As the premier dyers in the archipelago, no Plangori would think of trading even the cheapest dye to a Taajar. Still, they also tended to be rich, and if she could get the smug little ringti to spend some money on trinkets, so much the better.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.