BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: Lehti (Kini-Nui)

She finished eating her muffin. "I know that the world isn't black and white.. by 'cold hard truth' I meant the fact that all civilization and culture will eventually crumble and be forgotten. Nature is the only one that prevails through the aeons. This 'etshelon' will eventually pass away and his cold body will feed new generations of plantlife after it has turned to dust. Triumph, defeat and all problems are equally worthless in the long run, so I don't know why any member of civilization would be fascinated about this truth, for it's quite depressing for them. Hence my question." Somehow she managed to maintain her usual jovial tone during her speech.

She approached Akili again and offered her a cupcake. "Have you eaten one of these? They're delicious!"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Akili.

"No, I...." she tried one, "....wow, these are really good." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Darvin

Darvin shook his head at Lehti's explanation

"You are only partially correct. While it is true that everything dies eventually, yet nature persists, the written word has a habit of lasting longer than the living. For example, if I were to scrawl my name into one of the walls of this temple, yes it may eventually be covered by vines and whatnot, but it would still exist, and perhaps someday, someone may happen to cut away at the vines, only to see my name scrawled into the wall. Maybe at that point language would have changed so much that it would now be a dead language, but it would still exist nonetheless."

However as he heard Tsuda speak up he shot him a slight smirk

"I wouldn't be surprised if you've seen better pastries, since I didn't make these to be pretty, or works of art. For me when I cook all that matters is how they taste."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Kajak (Kini-Nui)

Removing a muffin carefully from the basket, Kajak nodded his thanks to the journalist. "Lehti, I know you have a tendency to be a bit unmotivated when it comes to stuff like this, but have a think- Echelon's a dictator, right?" He looked around at the group, locking eyes with each of them. "In what I remember of my experience, dictators are generally fairly mad. Not to mention- dictators are almost always expansionists.

"We've already seen that Echelon isn't adverse to conquering places- after all, he invaded one of the most heavily fortified Koro on the island. Which means that he will inevitably start attacking more places- places which will have fortified their defences in light of this attack. And of course, to do that, they'll have been cutting down trees, won't they?" he continued, fixing Lehti with a stare. "And then, when it comes to those Koro with walls- Echelon will need siege engines, won't he? Imagine all of the forests that he will decimate, building trebuchets, catapults and siege towers.

"This isn't just about people, Lehti- this is about saving what you want to protect too."

His piece said, the Po-Toa walked back over to a fallen tree and sat on the trunk, munching his muffin thoughtfully.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Lehti (Kini-Nui)

"Glad you liked it" she said to Akili and smiled. Then he turned to face Darvin and Kajak. "I understand that the plains-dwellers wish to leave behind a legacy, and I respect this ambition. But I still believe that nature ultimately persists. I mean, I've seen plenty of overgrown ruins in the Great Forest. Also, I haven't yet seen anyone except me visit them. From what I've seen, we all live in the present and pay little attention to the distant past and future. You're the first person I've met who thinks about such things"

She looked Kajak in the eyes and sighed after he finished his long explanation. "Kaj, you've explained all this to me before. I know we must fight against evil in order to save nature, I just didn't know that this etshelon is a threat to trees. In that case we must stop him. "

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Viloz

As fun as charging in guns blazing sounds, I've always been a much bigger fan of caution. Just because our fearless leader decided to go in headfirst didn't mean that I had to be right on her tail, not yet anyway. She was tough, beastly as any Takea shark I'd ever laid eyes on, so I wasn't afraid to hang back and watch for a bit while she went to work.

I only hoped she wouldn't mistake tact for cowardice and knock my teeth out.

"It's not doing anything." I muttered, feeling impatient. Why didn't it attack? Where were its powers? I started to worry that I was wasting my time, feeling slightly guilty that I let Rhow go in alone, so I loaded my launcher and took aim. I never pulled the trigger though, since there were never any openings for a clear shot. The Rahkshi kept dodging, dancing about effortlessly while Rhow kept swinging and swinging and swinging to no avail. I could see that she was starting to get short of breath and I didn't fault her for it; just trying to keep track of that thing was tiring enough.

Wait a second...

I grinned. Maybe dodging was its power. If not, I wasn't going to longer so we could find out.

I dropped to the ground and let go of my mace, pressing an open palm against the cave's floor. I drew on my elemental powers with Taoki's help, feeling my hand grow cold as frost erupted from it, coating a large part of the floor in a thin sheet of ice where Rhow and the Rahkshki were fighting. It seemed pretty silly, but hey, maybe a slippery floor would be enough to make it lose its footing for a moment and someone could get a shot in.

Of course, boss lady could always slip too. She'd definitely knock my teeth out me for that.

"But if this Eshy guy is in Ko-Koro, why do we need to go down into the dark, spooky tunnels?"

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

*sigh*

"Two reasons. First off, there's the huge Vault thing down there, from which a lot of the strange abilities, masks and items they wield come from. Secondly, you remember the Dark Walk tunnels that that guy over in Onu told us about?"

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

IC: the recluse

He couldn't understand everything that was being said, but from what he could understand of the other Toa of Plants' statements... he wondered why the two had never met. Well, the jungle was big. The biggest region of the island, no doubt. Like-minded individuals were so rare... he wanted to follow her. Or her follow him. He wasn't sure. What were they doing now anyways? Going somewhere. Underground, but somewhere else too. His brow furrowed.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC Tsuda

"Nay, nay leader. Our sister was never quite a stellar a bartender as you or I. We were the ones collecting the juicy island gossip." He smiled, looking back fondly at his brief stint as a waiter, bartender and all around restaurant, bar and grill superstar. Those had been simple times, simple and happy.

Now he was here. Probably about to make a gadarene charge to his death.

...but close to it

"It just doesn't sound like something we should be messing with, especially not on our own." 

"Didn't the creepy priest guy say lots of people go in, but not many ever come out?" 

"It's not that I'm afraid of the dark or anything," she said quickly, "I just don't want to die in a forgotten hole in the ground on an island I barely know with half of my memories still missing." 

Darvin had been silently listening to the group as they went back and forth, though now he finally spoke up

"Truth be told, even if you make down there, you will have to get past the abettor. Don't know if you have heard about him, or it more correctly, but basically giant guardian that will either allow you through if you are 'chosen' or send you off the way you came. Or in the worst case scenario kill you instantly. I've heard horror stories about it being able to kill a skakdi in one attack. Now there is supposedly another way to get into the vault, and that is through the riddle, but alas no one has solved the riddle yet. So don't take this the wrong way, but I don't have faith in your group being able to accomplish what so many others have been unable to do down there. It's simple statistics."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

Gazing at the other Akari thoughtfully, Fio nodded.  "I myself welcome the darkness..." Considering what had been said before, he felt it was necessary to add to his statement.  "The physical kind, anyway.  However, it doesn't quite sound like this place you're so eager to charge into, Kaj, is one for the faint of heart."  Keeping his usual pleasant demeanor despite the situation, as well as his own words, Fionne chuckled.  "I trust you... I think... so if you decide that's what's best, I won't argue, as long as we're careful.  We don't know what we're getting into."

• Upvote 1

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

He looked around at the five other Toa. With a sigh of resignation, Kajak threw his hands up in the air. "Okay then. I've never really been sure of anything in life. I just try to make the best decisions- and yes, maybe those might not have been thought through as much as they could have been. But all I've wanted to do has been to make a mark on the world- a good one." The Po-Toa gestured towards the temple. "It seems like the Toa Maru already have this island covered. So, frankly, I... I just don't know what to do." Kajak sat down floppily, as if a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders. "You lot choose. It's about time this team became a democracy."

VBWj75sh.png

Darvin listened to the group talk back and forth. He really had no place to get involved, since this sounded like something just between them, but alas Darvin was somewhat obnoxious that way.

"You know you don't have to take down the ultimate evil just to make a good mark. It's often the unsung heroes who leave the biggest marks in history. Those who may not be at the forefront of every story, but alas that story would not be able to have it's ending without them. Sometimes you just have to make a choice; Do you want to be the main character in a story, or a supporting character?"

He shrugs as he finishes his commentary

"But alas I'm not part of this group, I'm just the journalist and muffin-man."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Darvin swung the basket back towards Kajak

"Be my guest, though there is only enough left for about one more per person. Didn't expect there to be so many of you in this group."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: The recluse

They were wrong. Nobody had this island covered. Not entirely. Maybe some fought physical darkness, but there was darkness in the hearts of its people. That was why he had come here. His brow furrowed. How could he convey it? Faith in Mata Nui was dying.

Faith... dying.

He clapped his hands for attention, then held one out. One of the leaves of the flowers on his arm grew, large and rounded, to roughly the size of a spread hand. Focusing on the fine details, he changed the pigmentation on the leaf, as he had done for the red grass of the Kini before. A symbol began to take shape in red. Faith.

Once that was clear, he absorbed the energy of the leaf, causing it to wilt.

Faith. Dying.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Lehti (Kini-Nui | With the Toa Akari, Darvin and the recluse)

She remained silent for a moment, thinking of an answer. "I don't think we should go down there. Not yet. We should find allies to help us, because we can't do it alone." She heard someone clap and turned to look at the source of the sound. It was that quiet bark-covered Toa, growing a flower on his flower and then killing it. Lehti frowned and turned to her team mates. "Any of you know what that symbol was?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: The Heretic.

"Faith," the priest spoke up from where he stood, "the symbol is faith. It's dying."

IC: When Rhow charged forward, Iraanus waited mere moments before joining her. But even the combined assault of the two Skakdi was insufficient to make contact with the rahkshi. The beast weaved nimbly around his spear and sidestepped his vision bursts with impossible speed. His concentration lapsed momentarily as he attempted to strategize - if he filled the air with water droplets, it couldn't dodge them all, and once it got wet, Viloz might be able to slow it down a bit by freezing---

On autopilot, Iraanus lunged toward the rahkshi at the moment Viloz covered the floor with ice. He swore as he skidded forward, and the rahkshi took the initiative to make its first strike. The creature's staff sliced through the air, cutting a sizeable gash in the armor protecting Iraanus' forearm. Regaining his footing, Iraanus made use of his momentum to slide beyond the rahkshi's reach, checking himself against the tunnel wall. He reached for an acid zamor - and then paused, glancing at the silver spheres that accompanied his green ones.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: 

Fionne frowned a bit at Kajak's reaction.  He really had no issue with heading below, and he trusted their leader somewhat, but it did seem they were the minority.  But after all, what else were they supposed to do?  He turned his head at Lehti's statement.  "Ah, indeed Lehti, I'll have to agree with you..." he echoed.  "Allies are always a good investment, I gather... granted that you can trust them.  Still, I'm not sure we have much of a choice, do we now?"

Like the others, his attention was taken by the two strangers.  He wasn't... really the best at figuring these sorts of things out.  Fionne was slow, and he took things literally.  Concrete things were better for him than phrases and metaphors.  But although he was no spiritual Toa of any sorts, he didn't usually like to completely ignore such things either.  The words of a Turaga were often important, and he supposed it would be no different here.  So, without hesitation, he nodded.  "Hmm... Faith, then.  It's dying?" He wasn't really familiar with how the values corresponded with the virtues, but he knew what faith was, and it was definitely a good thing.  He wasn't exactly sure what they meant, but oh well, he'd roll with it.  "We are Toa, right? And Toa stop things from dying, that much is clear."  He rubbed his hands together.  "So, then.  How do we... stop that?"  Being his usual blunt self, Fio got right to the point.  Truth be told, he was known to be a little impatient from time to time.  Perhaps more often than not.

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

IC Tsuda

He stared pointedly at the muffins as he spoke.

"Faith is a pretty abstract thing. How to stop it from dying is a pretty abstract question. Our time in Onu-Koro taught us that this island's seen a lot of hard times, tough days and long nights. It's hard to keep faith in something if that something never shows up, doesn't matter if the something has a good excuse for it. I think people would be better off giving up on faith in nebulous concepts and putting more belief into themselves and their own hard work." He yawned, putting his arms up behind his head. "Seems a fair bit easier and simpler to me, anyways."

...but close to it

"But then they'd just be putting faith in themselves, wouldn't they?" Akili had never been good with topics like this, "So faith would still be alive?" 

"You're still hungry?" Akili gaped, incredulous, "Why didn't you eat before we left?" 

The plant-clad Toa's eyebrows dropped slightly. Well, he had 'said' all he had to say. What they did with the information was up to them, and so he waited passively for them to come to some sort of conclusion.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Lehti (Kini Nui | With the Toa Akari, the Heretic and the Recluse)

Lehti rubbed her chin and stared at the ground. "Uh.. What god was worshipped here again? I don't remeber its name, but I guess our friend here is trying to tell us that people have lost their faith in it. It's clear that civilization has corrupted them and made them believe in progress and industry instead. They should tear down their cities, return to the nature and once again embrace thier god. Wasn't the deity also related to light? Is that why darkness is strong on this island?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

His eyebrows rose into a look of genuine surprise. Never had anybody said anything more in line with his own beliefs. He didn't have an answer to her last question though, assuming he'd understood it correctly.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Luta - Kini-Nui Temple

*What does this thing say?!*

*I raise the tablet to the sun*

*Maybe if I turn it around and...oh wait, I was reading this thing upside down*

*I read it aloud*

*Throw the tablet to where you can see but cannot walk on to summon two with destiny's and alliances yet to be known*

*What the heck does that mean!?*

*Maybe I ought to go to the beach, the ocean should help me clear my head*

OOC: Luta is going to Ta-Wahi.

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

OOC: Apparently it's that time of the month again XD Btw. feel free to bunny the Rahkshi and keep things moving, this is Taoki's gig after all, I just wanna know where he's going with it.

IC (Rhow):

Like Iraanus, Rhow did her best to make contact with the Rahkshi, but the creature's power was enough to keep the entire group on its toes so far. Three long gashes in her armor were proof enough of that. With a feral snarl, Rhow kept swinging, then suddenly slid out as the floor became covered in a layer of ice, which earned her another cut across the cheek this time. She hissed and dug her claws into the frozen ground, trying to tackle the Rahkshi and pin it against the wall. The Rahkshi momentarily lost its footing as well and she managed to grab one of its arms, but the creature surprised her again, using her momentum against her. It twisted is arms and sidestepped, turning her attack around and throwing her against the rock instead. 

Out of the corner of her eye she caught Iraanus readying his Zamor launcher. "Anytime, big guy!" she called out. Meanwhile, the Rahkshi turned towards Viloz and Taoki, the former's attack making him the primary target for the moment. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png