BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: JEEZ-us... That's a heck of a thing right there.

And Veirath ( ;) ) will still be out of it for a while yet - his biggest danger at this point is bleeding to death from having shrapnel embedded in the majority of his left leg and foot, a good deal of his right and a fair amount in his body. The cold might be some help by slowing his body down, but the hypothermia he's gonna grab may very well kill him.

Veneras, Daenerys, heck anyone... if you're gonna save him - might wanna make it fast. Just, y'know, a suggestion.

Edited by Phoenixian Wraith

IC

It was over. The white Vortixx was gone. Veneras lifted his head to examine the damage done to the mines. It was extensive. But the chase was over. Veneras looked around. He didn't see the Vortixx assassin anywhere. He assumed he had gone in search of his ally. He hoped. As he looked to his right and saw his staff lying dormant. He pressed hard against the ground until he rested on his knees. He started crawling toward his staff and he tried to reach for it. However this put an unexpected amount of pressure on his left arm and he collapsed once more. Without the adrenaline of war he now felt the full repercussions of this battle. Reaching for the staff with his wounded arm, he stabbed on end into the ground and pulled himself to his feed. They were sore from running and his whole body felt stiff. He looked back to the path that brought him here and he started the long trek back. Back to his place of mediation.

Everything seemed so different now. After meditating here for so many years, he couldn't go back. What was the point of understanding Justice if you didn't see it done?

but if not understood, Justice can lead to great and merciless destruction

Veneras remembered.

He remembered... So much evil and injustice. Unrighteousness. Foolishness... Hatred... Death.

DEATH

Veneras had been in mourning. His brother fell because he had failed to make a righteous decision. He chose Justice at mercy's expense.

But the most haunting death had been kept at bay. But the memories were always there.

Pressing.

Fighting.

Veneras lifted his staff with both hands to shatter the ice that blocked the elevator. It was then that the thoughts could no longer be kept at bay. If he would not remember he would be reminded.

For as drew his staff back to strike, his heart commanded his hands to halt, jerking him out of denial.

His hand. His hand bore the memory of the one dearest him. The life most precious.

The death most painful.

His hand.

As he lowered his scepter his eyes were ever drawn to that memory. And the memory that bound his eyes held them relentlessly, and pulled them until the succumb. He couldn't succumb. But he would succumb.

A single tear was drawn painfully and was painfully dragged from his sad eyes down his mask, and there it froze. It froze solid on his mask, serving as his mark; a mark of his pain.

He swallowed hard. The pain of his body and the sorrow of his hear pulled him once more to his knees, for he had succumb. In one day he had succeeded to achieve what years of meditation had failed: he wept.

The tears of the ice Toa dropped hopelessly to the ground and lay there for moment before freezing, adding to the shimmering reflection that marked his sadness.

He he knelt there weeping, his voice trembled.

One single word was drawn from his lips as he knelt in his despair

"Sophia"

He tried with all of his composure to sustain his pain but he was not strong enough. He had never been strong enough.

From his knees he took his staff and thrust it into the ice. Then, crawling into the elevator he began his ascent.

-

Upon reaching the surface, he was greeted busy the starlight night. The moon reflected brightly off the ever white snow. He looked around for a while to get his bearings before spotting the great fortress. Ko Koro

My home

Veneras trudged through the snow, favoring his arm as he went. The snow slowed him down dramatically, but it had been so long since he'd even seen snow! he was more than pleased with this obstacle.

He finally made his way to the gate; it was clear from thee looks they gave him the city was under lockdown and Veneras had no doubts as to why.

Approaching the guards, he worked up all the energy he could. He stood tall, staff in his left hand as he solute with his right.

"Veneras of the Sanctum Guard"

He announced,

"I have come home."

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC (Zadron)

As Kiara struggled in the sinkhole's muddy floor, the air shimmered near the boulders and scree of the collapsed tunnel, and Zadron appeared. He quickly walked to the mud's edge, careful not to fall in himself, and soon his wiry arms were helping Kiara heave herself out of the roasting-hot deathtrap.

Once she was out, he looked down at her, shaking his head grimly, then turned and knelt down to examine Veirath.

Hundreds of red blobs dotted his body, mostly on the lower left leg, and blood oozed from the larger ones. It would be impractical to try to remove the myriad embedded shrapnel shards; the best he could do was stop the bleeding and get the Lesterin to professional attention. The assassin unclasped his snow-white cloak, and began to tear strips from it, which he proceeded to tie around the shrapnel-affected areas. He spotted a small object lying nearby: Kiara's drone. She'd thrown it off while in the mud to lighten herself. The Vortixx picked it up and, after a brief look over, pocketed it.

With that done, he returned to Kiara's side. He stood above the prone woman, looking down at her.

"This is your fault, you know," he said. "If you'd done as I said, this wouldn't have happened. In fact, I could be forgiven for being very unhappy with you, seeing as you've nearly got me killed and probably made both of us into prime suspects for Matoro's murder."

He crouched down next to her.

"As it is," he continued, "I'm your only chance of getting out of here. And with those burns, you'll probably want to get medical attention as soon as you can if you're going to use your legs again."

He leaned in a little closer.

"So with that in mind," he said, "I'd suggest you tell me about the Company, as quickly as you can. Start. Talking."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Kiara

She squinted for a moment.

"We are in an area with microphones listening in on every single thing we do, while being roasted alive in the worlds biggest toaster oven. Karz, no."

"Besides, how do I know that you won't just kill me after I tell you?"

OOC: Sorry for late & short post.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

IC: Savina

Savina looked at Tehlin with a bit of surprise. They were going to stay out here? In the cold!?
Savina latched herself to Tehlin’s arm once again, with no intention of letting go. If Tehlin was going to go on a patrol, she was coming too. There was no way she wanted to be left alone with a killer possibly lurking about.
And besides that, Tehlin was nice and warm…not to mention fluffy.
Okay, so he wasn't fluffy. Still Savina liked to pretend. Tehlin was her big, fluffy...bunny.
"Tehlin..." Savina started, "...I need to ask you something..."
Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC

Veneras nodded back to the guards as he passed through the glorious gates. He couldn't help but look up, following their icy walls stretching high up the cliff side. Such beauty. He couldn't believe he had been away for so long. Entering into the city he was surprised at the thriving metropolis before him. He left just after the death of Nuju. Back then the Koro was primarily ecclesiastical. Monastic even. But now? Now it was one of the most glorious city-states he had ever seen. The entire city shimmered in the moonlight, the snowy streets reflecting the stars above.

He needed to go home. He needed to light his pipe, pour a glass of scotch, and lay back in his chair. He needed to feel at home.

But he couldn't go home yet. He needed to report; it was standard procedure.

Relying heavily on his staff for support he made his way to the barracks. He hoped that the captain was in. But who was the captain? He'd been away for so long, he didn't even know who the Captain was. It didn't matter. He needed to speak with the captain.

He knocked on the door and announced himself

"Toa Veneras reporting. I need to speak with the Captain of the Guard."

--Character Profiles--

IC (Zadron)

Zadron raised an eyebrow incredulously.

"First of all," he said, "we're in the Drifts, the middle of nowhere, in a sinkhole with the entrance to the tunnels blocked behind us. Unless the Onu-Matoran have developed some very small microphones, nobody can hear us."

Zadron's voice was a low rasp, like the quiet but deep growl of a stalking Muaka.

"Second, you must be disorientated after your little pop in the hot tub. It may be roasting in there, but right here it's nice and cool."

The assassin moved in a little closer.

"And third, you shouldn't be worrying about whether I'll kill you or not. If you don't tell me, I will leave you here. What do you think will happen then, huh? Nobody's going to find you here, and with your legs like that I can't see you getting out on your own. And besides - "

Zadron pressed a finger against Kiara's charred abdomen, sending spikes of pain through her chest.

" - every second you waste is a second that the damage from these gets further away from being reparable, you understand? I am your only hope of getting to a doctor in time. It's your choice. You can tell me about the Company and get out of here, or you can refuse, and stay here until you die - or at least say goodbye to the use of your legs. Which is it going to be? And think carefully this time."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chXVGbAtY9c

IC: Ishi Polzin

Yo Nich',

Sent this message to The Massif. Hope you get it. To make a long story short Ko-Koro is in lockdown 'cause the boss-man died. Until the Sanctum Guard finds the killer, don't even bother coming back. You enjoying The Massif? I heard they have a really great winery, kinda' sucks I'm stuck here now that I think of it. Keep in touch, alleviate my boredom! Oh yeah, when you're done with your little study trip, why don't we meet up in Ga-Koro? I'm sure Ko-Koro will be open for travel soon enough.

~K

The informant was unused to the high bridges of the city, but the web of ice proved itself the fastest way to traverse Ko-Koro. Sunshine kept the bridge in a constant state of glimmer during the day, making the glassy surface almost blinding to look at directly. The wind buffeted his coat and attempted desperately to push Ishi off the precarious edge, but his footsteps were sure and grounded after the first few stumbled attempts, and soon the po-matoran found himself falling into a steady jog, white departing angels of breath leaving his open mouth in ascending puffs.

Dear Akiri Hewkii,

I read the book you recommended. Great ideas, especially the zig-zag step with a hammer grip. One of the greatest kohlii manuals in print, just as you said. It's saddening to learn the author passed shortly after publication. I'd have asked him about all sorts of techniques. What did he mean by a kanohi swap, or what foot should you propel with when pulling off the plug? Next time I'm in Po-Koro, I hope you'll be able to show me that underhanded steal you talked about!

Sincerely,

Kyhra

A black cloak flickered in the streets below. It moved in a repetitious pattern, as if a signal; Ishi nodded and the figure vanished. His gaze fanned outward, broadening his horizons as he stood in the center of the city, high above the movements of daily traffic. The occasional being passing by kept his motives unsuspected, the ice bridge nothing more than a swift and convenient way of reaching each district and he just one more tourist enjoying the view. Hands in his pockets, wind whipping, icy footing chill and unforgiving, Ishi observed his new haunt. From the vantage of height, life became a string of easily noticed lines and patterns, all stored in the mind of one matoran with a deadly intellect. Gone was the curious quip-machine. Ishi Polzin had vanished with the removal of his wedding bands, replaced by a fearsome intelligence. His outward demeanor still held the same innocence as before, but Catarix's words of warning had unchained the beast of reason, and now Ishi was nothing less than lethal.

IC: Kriigata, fighting in The Drifts

The sword had yet to fully crystalize before the sharp edge of Kriigata's scythe had cut through the falling snow to resound with a clang against the blade. She moved rapidly, a ferocious blur of half-visible fe-toa, murder in her eyes. Her scythe pulled back after the contact, the long staff jabbing forward into the toa's face to throw Kecand off balance...

iC: Riaril

"Alright," Riaril said with a wince of pain as her mask stopped working. "Feel any better?"

Edited by Kughii

IC- Sanctum Guard

"I'm afraid the Captain of the Guard is not in right now."

Veneras spun to see an older Ko-Matoran with a large noble Huna upon his face standing in the corridor behind him, gazing at the Toa with a cynical expression. "She is dealing with the interrogation of a possible suspect. If you wish to leave a message with me, I will be happy to relay it."

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC

Veneras gave the guard a slight bow. "Of course. I just came to report in. I have just returned from a battle beneath the city two Vortixx, one white female and a black male. They have escaped. Uninjured, last I saw."

Veneras was panting. It had been a long day. He tried desperately to maintain composure as he gave his report.

--Character Profiles--

IC: Kiara

The pang in her abdomen made her wince in pain. She instinctively, pulled out her zamor launcher. A sour face was set on her face. Laying there, she though about what was to happen next. Slowly, she turned the launcher away, and clicked the safety back on.

"What do you what to know, and why."

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

IC: Tehlin

"Hm...?" I replied absentmindedly, flipping my spear around once in my outstretched hand, before planting the not-so-dangerous end into the snow as I walked. It took me a moment longer to register what Savina had actually said, not to mention the way she said it.

"Sorry, sorry, yeah?" I asked her, glancing down at her.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Wind-rider Shu (NPC) - Ko-Koro

Shu approached Ko-Koro with clear purpose. He had stepped off of his Gukko in the snow to approach the guards at the gates. He gives a small wave, still a ways away. He stops a bit further from the guard at the gate, "I come seeking the opportunity to offer Le-Koro's support in this time of need." Shu said, bowing respectfully.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Krayne The Rainmaker

A Vortixx stood on top of the Sanctuary. The darkness of the night sky hovered above the Koro. There was no one else to be seen.

He got tired of waiting for something to happen. He grabbed his Hoverboard and went off.

OOC: Krayne to Ta Wahi.

Edited by Toa Kranan: TOUAB

IC- Sanctum Guards

Talvi and Pakastaa had not ever had half as many unusual visitors to the gates on their shifts, especially when the Koro was closed. The insectoid, the misguided Ta-Koro Guard, the Frozen Toa of Ice, A bleeding Veneras, and now this Le-Koro messenger - all coming within an hour or so of each other. Neither was particularly happy about the development, but neither was going to let that get in the way of their Duties.

"I come seeking the opportunity to offer Le-Koro's support in this time of need." the Le-Matoran said.

The two sentinels nodded. "Akiri Kongu sent you?" Talvi asked.

The Le-Matoran returned the nod.

"Welcome to the city, then," Pakastaa said tonelessly as the two stepped aside and the gates began to slide open. "You know where the Captain resides?"

---

Elmuur nodded. "Yes, we heard the reports… I have a deep suspicion about those two," he resided, "Trying to escape the city at just after the murder of the Akiri, not to mention their arsenal of weapons- they might as well be waving signs that say 'We killed Matoro'." He paused, then gave a resigned grin. "I apologize. You are injured. Get some rest; I will get the rest of the story from the other guards.These Vortixx haven't escaped yet- not if I have anything to say about it." he laughed a bit to himself.

Edited by Visaru

IC

Veneras bowed his head once more, "By your leave, guardsman" he began to walk out the door before turning around once more "tell the captain I was here. If she has any further questions I will be at my home" and with that Veneras took his leave. He walked the long icy streets of the land that he loved. The cold gave him comfort, it reminded him he was home.

Walking down the street he saw the Suva. The Suva that had once been erected in Kopaka's honor now simply reminded of his failure.

Making a final left turn he came to it, his home. It had been vacant for years, had no idea of the condition it would be in. Trying to pull open the door, the hinges appeared to be frozen. Pulling and pulling, he finally shattered the ice that blocked his path and entered his home. Icicles hung from every surface, and frost covered all in sight. His sheets, once soft and welcoming, were now frozen solid from years without use. Now matter. He had been used to sleeping on the ground.

He came to his old chair, and beat it lightly with a rod to shatter any ice or frost. Then after lightly brushing the ice off, he went to his cabinet and found a bottle of scotch he had left here. Pouring himself a glass he brought both the glass as well as the bottle to the chair and sat. He had missed that chair. It was the perfect place to ponder. And so, he sipped his scotch, lit his pipe and pondered.

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

IC (Zadron)

"Their numbers, their resources, their goals," Zadron replied. "As for why...I'd like to know a bit more about who I'm working for. Anyone whose plans need Echelon out of the way is either mad or very interesting. And let's just say that if it's the latter, I might be inclined to offer my services in the longer term, hm?"

IC

Veneras had a relatively large home for Ko Koro. He built it with his own hands when he was still a Matoran, according to his own specifications and desires. Veneras sat Ina chair in the upstairs of the house. The upstairs was but one room, all centered around his chair. It had a desk, a bookshelf, tobacco box and alcohol cabinet. And windows surrounded all that he saw, giving him a panoramic view of the city. He continued to puff his pipe; this was his fourth bowl since returning home. But something evaded him. These two Vortixx, who were they? What was their goal? The guard seemed to think they killed Matoro, but to what end? Just kill him and leave? It made no sense.

Just then Veneras noticed a letter on the desk, it bore a seal he recognized. It was the seal of The Order.

OOC

Veneras is open for interaction. Just knock on the door.

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

IC (Korero)

In the meantime, the guards unlocked the cell and Jaa stumbled out. Korero gave him a helping hand to pull him to his feet.

"There," said Korero with a small smile. "I think you've suffered enough."

Edited by GhosthandsOfChristmasPast

Ic:

Jaa | Cells

The scribe found himself freed from the shackles of imprisonment jointly with his dignity as the guard opened the cell door with a silent swing, but even so he stumbled a little when he left his little cell. Like Sir Gawain from myth Korero, the green knight, helped him up from his fall with grace.

"There," said Korero with a small smile. "I think you've suffered enough."

"Thank you, Korero," Jaa graciously said, somehow enthused that the scholar-turned-warrior was still generous enough to help even a frail little man such as himself. To reestablish whatever kinship he had with Korero before he asked curiously, "What is it like? Being a toa-hero?"

IC (Korero)

Korero breathed out in contemplation at the question.

"Well..." he said, "it's like not easy to describe. It's a responsibility, of course. This power is incredible to wield, to be one with the wind and go where I please in the blink of an eye, but you can't forget for one moment why you were given it. It's a duty, and it's a calling, and it's certainly not easy."

His golden eyes moved down from their middle-distance gaze to meet the Matoran's blue ones.

"But believe me, Jaa, it's also a privilege. I've seen things so few will ever see...some terrible, yes, but some so beautiful."

As he spoke, his mind was filled with images from the Toa Maru's journey. The terror of Makuta's darkness to the serenity of the Keeping Place - unique and priceless memories, every one. In the end, Mata Nui had fulfilled his dreams in ways he could never have imagined. The insignificant little historian had ended up at the very centre of History.

Ic: "What about being a toa of air?" Jaa asked further. "I remember when you were one of us. That change must be jarring."

The group gradually shifted towards leaving the cell block. There was no reason to stick around in that place longer than needed and there were already some bad memories embedded into Jaa's mind from his containment; he was of no desire to remain there.

He had no doubt Korero had seen some extremely exquisite things but didn't pry. His thirst for trivia of the Maru's exploits had been quenched days before by Stannis' conversations with Matoro.

IC: (Llwellyn Manor, Outside Ko-Koro)

Ah Ko-Wahi, some would wonder why my family had build our home in a such a place. It always snowed in Ko-Wahi, the entire place was any icy wasteland, and yet it held its own charms. It was peaceful, when the snow and ice storms settled down. Our house was designed by the best architects of Ko-Koro and Po-Koro, furnished by natives of Le and Ga. Suffice to say my father's work had ensured we could live the most comfortable of lives, even in this dangerous Wahi. See the thing is though every Wahi is dangerous, just like very person is capable of being dangerous, you just have to look behind their face, and see how truly dangerous even the smallest matoran can be.

I could have been anything, that's what father told me, an engineer but instead I choose something that irritated him. The study of the mind, and working to treat it, it irritated him because to he was very technical in nature, he cared little for talk of things that had no true practical value in his eyes. To say the least such behavior was irritating for me, he did not understand the power one held in my position, people came to me seeking help for the horrors that ailed them, and I did what any good therapist did. I listened, I helped them understand that being bound up all in fear, hatred, and resentment was just obscuring the true them, and I helped them along. Considering all the problems these people endured, I think it was good that they finally had someone they could talk to, in total confidence. When my parents had died, I inherited their wealth despite father's disappointment in my choice of career, at least I used money, instead of sitting on it though. Only occasionally helping the Cultured Gentry and the people when he truly felt like it. Oh that was a spot I also inherited, his seat in the Cultured Gentry. A position that did have it uses. Smiling, I raised my cup of tea to my face, sipping on it as I looked at the fireplace, watching as the flames danced around. I Braen Llwellyn would change things, how though? How could one man truly change things...well that required some legwork to say the least.

Well those talks would begin soon, for now though things were calm, there was no storm yet, but peace never lasted for long on Mata Nui.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC- Sanctum Guard

"Actually I am not familiar. I have not been to Ko-Koro in almost 16 years," he shrugged with a slight frown, "Where abouts would she be?"

"Captain Korzaa's office is located in the guard headquarters, a large building to the left of the main path. Follow the signs or ask a guard there and he will point the way," Talvi said.

Shu nodded politely, "Thank you my friends," walking briskly into the village.
It was cold, he didn't want to spend more time here than he should. Kongu's messenger took quick note of his surroundings. The village certainly was in a lockdown mode, but there were plenty of villagers still about, moving through the streets. With a sympathetic look on his face Shu moved through Ko-Koro. By the expressions worn on the peoples' faces, Shu joked to himself that Kongu had felt worse about Matoro's passing than his own people. He knew it wasn't totally true. The people of Ko-Koro had never been exactly "warm" people. But that didn't mean there weren't furnaces deep within.

He continued on his way through the frozen village, occasionally passing through a crowd of Matoran before finding himself standing at the guard headquarters. Shu reached up and knocked on the door.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC- Sanctum Guards

The door swung open, revealing to the Le-Matoran an empty lobby. The chamber was spacious, with no decoration but a small desk along the far wall, where a sharp featured secretary pored over a few thin ice tablets. A small skylight high above let in light. The ice gave the shadows a blue hue, and the lack of windows made the matoran feel that he had entered more of a cave than an actual building.

A few hallways opened off from the room, most with a few symbols carved above the frames. One, to his left, had :c: :a: :m_p: :t: :a: :i: :n: written above it. As Shu began to approach it, an older Ko-Matoran with a noble Huna that resembled Vakama's emerged from the corridor. He caught the Le-Matoran's eye and smiled softly at him. He made his way over to the wind rider, and spoke. "Looking for the Captain, I presume? I'm afraid she isn't here at the moment. Could I take a message?"

IC: (Braen)

"It's warm in here though." I smiled, wrapping my arm around Lana's waist, as I stood beside her. "Is something troubling you, snow seems to be picking up, but that's Ko-Wahi." I chuckled. Ah Lana, I had found in the wreckage of a ship, I won't go into detail, but suffice to say the woman had endured Karazahni. It took me nearly a solid year to nurse the woman back to full health, to be a shoulder to lean on. She didn't want to leave, and it wasn't exactly my intention but she feel for me, her orange eyes are like a fire blazing out of control, but when I look into them, she relaxes, and I can say the same about how I feel her. She still thinks about what happened, I can see it in her eyes, and that kind of trauma, you can't forget it so easily. Luckily I wouldn't be leaving her side any time soon, and she wouldn't be leaving mine.

Edited by Nia Teppelin

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Ic:

"So the Makuta has been defeated. This remaining darkness, though -- the one behind the turaga's killings. You said you have a weapon. Tell me more about it. I want to know why you have such faith in it's conviction. You've had success in dealing with the Makuta but it seems to me you've grown lax against the other threat, leading to the deaths of our associates."

Antrim drew his head back and relaxed with confidence. "Because my weapon is a man: The current Shaddix patriarch."

"Ah," the Visitor said and looked back at the distant jungle. "That does explain your confidence."

Mysterious Visitor and Antrim Vakitano | The Massif Monastery

The two old friends didn't say much more on the heavy topic for a while, instead resorting to more light conversations about their ways of life. Despite their different geographical paths they did not fall far from the philosophical tree. Eons past they were both operatives and agents endowed with mystic missions to protect and serve, but then, without warning to them, their establishment fell apart like a great monster who suddenly lost its head and the many fingers of the agency were left to go their own ways. They recounted the old days as they drank mead brewed on the abbey grounds and reflected on how time changed them.

Antrim had become a toa-protector and a noble, taking it upon himself to be a shepherd of a flock and a leader of the pious as something akin to a high priest. The blood of loyalty still flowed in his veins and he retained the same sage power he was renowned for when he and the Visitor were comrades. "I remember when you stood watch over the pilgrims at Braavos," the Visitor recounted. "The hundred toa could not shake you from your promontory and you kept the caravans safe. You were like a titan to them and a watchful angel." Antrim proudly smiled and toasted to that victory. No songs were sung in his name, though; the mysterious protector's identity and purpose was never known, so the conversation the two men shared was all the pride that could be extracted from the event.

"And you," Antrim countered after taking a long sip, "at the battle of the vale -- three Dark Hunters fell to your cunning that day. No other Keeper could hold a candle to your abilities in combat. It was like Mata Nui was with you the more disparate the hour." The Visitor was a famed swordsman, so quick on his feet he hardly seemed to touch the ground, and managed to prevent the mercenaries from seizing a precious Kanohi. His task was to hold them back until it could be whisked away, but instead he slew each of them with enough time to go with the mask itself. But since the organization's disbanding the flight-footed soldier had chosen to live a more prominent life as a bodyguard to a king. In a way he had retained his glory and then some.

"Those were the days..." Antrim trailed off as he held his stein halfway to his already parched lips. "Our enemies were physical and our jobs were clear. Nothing seemed beyond our reach so long as we did in the name of our god."

"And God shined on us," the Visitor chimed in.

"And so he did." He sipped. "But now... now the candles flicker low. We must make our own lights now."

"This Shaddix lord," the Visitor said, perking up and directing his attention anew towards the subject of Antrim's agent. "How much does he know? About us?"

"Nothing," Antrim admitted. "The family hasn't been privy to their legacies for centuries; all their records have been moved here to this mount. I have kept him in the dark."

"Why?" the Visitor almost blurted in disbelief. He was a practical man; he killed the Hunters because it was efficient; he would have all the wealthy men slain to prevent the Peers from success; he would have shared the legacy to Brykon if it meant having the full might of the prince-patriarch on their side. That was the main distinction between the two warriors: One was passionate and swift in justice and methods like fire, the other a faithful monk who moved with the steadfast pace of a sand dune.

"Because that is the way of the family," Antrim stated. "You remember their words? 'Darkest Before Dawn.' The Shaddixes learn at their own pace and it is no place for me to give their prince knowledge he is not ready for yet."

The Visitor paused in thought and stared at Antrim's all-seeing eyes for a long moment before nodding and reclining back, seemingly accepting the priest's words. "You've known the family the longest; you would know how they work. In a way I think this is fitting -- very fitting come to think of it," he said before gently laughing to himself as if he realized some cosmic prank.

"What?"

"Well, it's just that, mmggghhhhahahahaha--!! It's just that all those years ago it was Leklo Shaddix who taught you everything to be a Keeper. And now, now you're the one teaching a Shaddix lord. This is perfect. This is too perfect."

"Destiny oft works in mysterious ways," Antrim admitted, echoing the ethos of his teaching he gave Stannis among all he other pupils of his monastery. "It comes full circle." He chuckled to himself as his friend's laughter finally fizzed to his brain before he took another drink of his mead. The legendary grandmaster's teachings had indeed come around all the way, and Antrim secretly hoped that if, and when, the Gatekeepers came back Brykon Shaddix would be counted as among them. He only also hoped he lived to see such glorious success. As he set his mug down, however, he saw his friend's face blank and upturned with eyes as white as the fog, not hazy like Stannis' prophetic gaze but deeper, more conscious and frightening.

The Mask of Clairvoyance was active. The Visitor's mouth trembled as he translated what he dreamed:

"Three souls: One light, one dark,

One borne of ash and soot...

By death can embers be reborn

And knowledge be partook."

Antrim leaned forward. The mask always seemed to trigger itself in the most sublime of moments and only shared the most cryptic but mindnumbingly accurate answers. The toa-protector's heart beat faster in anticipation for the Visitor's piece of mind. The Visitor was truly blessed with one of the most vital Kanohi to counter the darkness with, but even then it wreaked havoc on the old legend's mind and body. The display had taxed him despite its brevity and he collapsed backwards, dumping the remainder of his mead to the floor in his woozy state.

"My friend," the Visitor finally said under heavy breath. "Brykon is coming here. In other news, you're going to die soon."

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

IC: Lana

Lana wrapped an arm around the Vortixx in turn, leaning her head into his chest. "I was just thinking...about before..." That's what she called it, though only Braen truly understood what she meant by 'before'.

"I-I know I shouldn't dwell on it...but sometimes it can't be helped." She sighed as she looked out the window once again. "Like a blood stain that just won't wash away...it's always there no matter how much you scrub it."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC

Veneras awoke. His eyes fluttered about the room, trying to gain proficient sight. It took him a moment to remember where he was, it had been years since he'd slept in his own home.

He drowsily rubbed his eyes, before remembering the letter in the desk. Making his way there, he lit a candle and examined the letter. He knew the seal, it was the same as the signet ring he wore. He opened the letter and read,

Dear Veneras,

I hope things are well. It has been a while since we last spoke, I wanted you to know that we have had a stroke of success. The curios nature of your dreams has somewhat been alleviated. I have just returned from my sailing around the perimeter of the island. I knew that it was my destiny to preform this expedition, your dreams confirmed as much. But to what end? I was unclear.

I found a Toa drifting unconscious. A fire Toa, who claims he is from Detra Nui, though I was under the impression everyone on Detra Nui was destroyed. Including their only Toa of fire.

Either way he has quite the warrior's heart which, if properly allocated, could be very useful to our order. I am now certain that he is the object for your dreams of late.

I am sending him to Ta Koro in search of warriors. Hopefully he doesn't drive them all away. He is a bit over zealous. Even for a fire Toa.

On another note, I have done some research and found that a single company has major control over various corporations. Everything from toilet paper to weapons. I have suspicions they may be involved in a power play around Ko Koro. It would appear to be run by an Onu Matoran, whose name I have not yet discovered. I would recommend looking into this. The information you find would be invaluable to The Order.

Your Brother,

Xerrand

Veneras let the letter drift back to the desk as he watched the candle flicker. He stared at the flame, causing its energies to seep away until vanished into a steady stream of grey smoke.

With that, he went downstairs and began to pack. He was home for less than a day before he had to leave once more. He packed his staff, pipe, fresh tobacco, and satchel full of notes and proverbs.

Opened the door just as the sun was rising over the icy mountain tops. The first time Veneras had seen the sun in years, and it shone across the snow like never before.

He made his way through the glowing streets down to the barracks. Once more he knocked on the door.

--Character Profiles--

IC

The figure in the cloak spotted the Matoran in the middle of the cold. He stood in the middle of the vast expense, looking around, waiting.

The figure knew it was their contact. The contact who was offering a once-in-lifetime job.

The figure came out of the cave and walked directly to the Matoran.

"Are you 'Alloy'?" A firm and unreadable voice came out if the figure. They were using the codename that they were instructed ro use.

OOC: 'They' is simply the generic pronoun I'm using here. It's just one person.