BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

As Korero and Jaa started to leave the cell-block, Leah quietly followed, walking behind Reordin and Sulov. She was worried and her face said as much. Her thoughts circled around Ambages, wondering why her mask had not been able to detect anything. The implications of that were...troubling, to say the least.

The Maru and Jaa made their way back outside and stepped outside into the wind and cold again. The Toa of water felt a shiver run down her spine though she couldn't be sure it was merely due to the drop in temperature or the prickling of tiny icicles carried by the wind. They had put a minute's walk of distance between themselves and the guard HQ when Leah spoke up.

"Jaa, would you excuse us for a moment, please? I would like a quick word with the others."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Ic: "Um, sure," Jaa said, slightly put off from Leah's dismissal of him. He and Korero still had much to converse about, especially in his opinion. "I'll go back to my office, I guess. Come visit me. If you'd like," he said to Korero as he edged away into the Sanctum again.

IC (Korero)

Korero gave Jaa a nod and a quick amiable smile.

"I will," he said to the scribe. "See you later."

The Ko-Matoran disappeared back into the Sanctum. Korero looked forward to further conversation with him, but if Leah had something she needed to share, then it could wait.

"What is it, Sister?" he asked.

IC (Zadron)

"Good," said Zadron. "Now tell me their goals."

Above them, the wind whistled around the edge of the sinkhole.

Edited by GhosthandsOfChristmasPast

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Leah waited a few seconds while Jaa walked away. She didn't like sending the Matoran away like this, especially after the emotional turmoil he had been through, but it was for the best if this did not become common knowledge right away. The last thing they needed this very moment was further unrest. It wasn't about keeping anybody in the dark, but more about positioning the team in a way that they could respond to the situation in the most effective way.

"Something is wrong." she said grimly before looking at Reordin. "And I fear your village might be in deeper trouble than we first thought."

"Why?" Sulov asked. It had been the only word he'd spoken since they had left the dungeons. Leah sighed.

"I couldn't read Ambages." she said, letting the words hang heavy in the cold mountain air.

IC- Sanctum Guards

The door swung open, revealing to the Le-Matoran an empty lobby. The chamber was spacious, with no decoration but a small desk along the far wall, where a sharp featured secretary pored over a few thin ice tablets. A small skylight high above let in light. The ice gave the shadows a blue hue, and the lack of windows made the matoran feel that he had entered more of a cave than an actual building.

A few hallways opened off from the room, most with a few symbols carved above the frames. One, to his left, had :c: :a: :m_p: :t: :a: :i: :n: written above it. As Shu began to approach it, an older Ko-Matoran with a noble Huna that resembled Vakama's emerged from the corridor. He caught the Le-Matoran's eye and smiled softly at him. He made his way over to the wind rider, and spoke. "Looking for the Captain, I presume? I'm afraid she isn't here at the moment. Could I take a message?"

IC: Wind-rider Shu (NPC) - Ko-Koro

Shu frowned before he held out one of his letters, "First is an open message to the Captain's guard and the people she protects, that Akiri Kongu is offering Le-Koro's support in this time of crisis. If it be resource or manpower; within a reasonable extent of course. You will find Kongu's personal seal and signature on the letter."

The letter taken Shu stood up straighter again, "I was instructed by the Akiri to deliver the next message to the Captain personally to avoid any unforeseen consequences. I am sure you understand that while this is a sensitive time for the security of Ko-Koro, it is likely best for messages to pass as directly as possible as to avoid any further issues. Would you know where to find the Captain, and if not how long will it be until she is to return?

"Honestly, I will settle for a guess."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: Was planning on waiting until a hospital, but I think there's been enough time-pass for this...

IC: Veirath groaned as a shrill sound echoed in his ears. Shifting to try and block his ears, he vaguely felt something prevent his arms and legs from moving. Fluttering one eye open, a world of white overcame him with a single black blur standing out. A deep, paining breath revealed a smell of steam and a foul, burnt stench. Blinking, the figure came into focus by a little bit.

Then, his sense of touch flicked on and subjected his pain-riddled mind to the cold, his exposed blood serving to chill him while the shrapnel sent sensations of being pricked through the numb flesh.

His eyesight flickering, Veirath closed his eye and dropping into slumber once more.

IC (Korero)

Immediately Korero's eyes widened.

"You what?"

But he knew he had heard correctly. The Ruhaku had been unable to read Ambages' intentions, which, as Leah had explained more than once, meant it was being blocked. There was no forgetting the last time that had happened.

This couldn't be coincidence. All of Kongu and Jaller's suspicions suddenly seemed a lot more tangible. Something was afoot, and whatever it was, it involved the architect - who was now assuming control of Ko-Koro. They'd have to tread carefully.

No time to waste.

"Brothers, Sister," he said, taking charge of the situation but lowering his voice. "Something is going on. It's not safe to talk openly here, so you're just going to have to take it on faith, but I have it on very good authority that Ambages is not to be trusted."

The Le-Toa's tone made it clear that he was deadly serious.

"Sulov, Leah," he said, looking at them in turn. "Go and find Ambages. See if you can get a trace on him with the Kimi. Reordin," he turned to the Ko-Toa, "we need to talk to Jaa."

He held out a hand.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: The chill seeps in. Flakes toss, wind springing them from the disturbance of the bustle. I hunch and ponder.

(Actions, not words.)

And thoughts before actions. Assessment: source of information trustworthy? Yes. Information? Yes. Plan considerate?

No.

Authority is different than impulse. Gathering information regarding Ambages with the haste to even avoid getting Stannis and Oreius for a discussion is reckless. This need be on the greatest authority to be necessarily immediate.

Let's test that.

I look at Reordin.

His head tilts slightly up, then down.

Necessity confirmed.

I turn and walk for my target. And plot tagging him. Requirement: surpass difficulty inherent in touching people without punching and/or hugging.

Edited by Geralt of Rivia

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:

With nothing else left to discuss, Leah gave Reordin a quick smile, before catching up to Sulov and following him. The Toa Maru of earth was fast, simply due to his long stride. Where he made one step, Leah had to make one and a half, maybe two. But she kept pace. She knew Sulov preferred silence and not wasting time on small talk or rather, things that did not immediately concern the mission at hand, but after a few minutes, she still had to ask:

"How do you feel about this whole situation?"

It wasn't a random question. Normally, her brother's actions spoke louder than words, but right now, with so many unexpected events taking place around them, she wanted to hear his thoughts instead of watching their physical results.

IC: "Dirty." I pause, trudging on. Emotions are rarely relevant. Weigh them first. Then expose them for the question.

"Feels wrong to investigate without the others, defined suspicion, specific plan, and knowledge of Ambages. We only have parts of all, missing the picture."

[Profiles]

IC: Tehlin

At that, I allowed a grin to cross my face. At least it was something to distract me-us- from the constant dreariness that seemed to be so prevalent now. Heck, there wasn't very many positive moments lately. Well, let's make one.

I stopped, and slung my spear across my back for safe keeping, before wrapping an arm around Savina's torso.

"You might want to..." I began, my grin growing.

"Hang on tight."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Savina

Savina laughed with delight as they flew into the air, enjoying the ride quite a bit. It wasn't the first time she had been given a ride in the sky.

"You know...you're the first bunny I've met that can fly!" She shouted into the air.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Maniacally laughing villains are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged.

Leah smiled weakly. It was just a small gesture of sympathy but not enough to overplay the troubled expression in her eyes. "I know," she said. "And you're right, this isn't a plan. We don't have enough intel to even start planning yet. But if we do this, we won't be as empty-handed when Oreius and Stannis join us." She sighed, watching her breath condensate in the cold air, before looking at Sulov. "Everything about this feels wrong, in a way. And that has me worried."

"Starting with Matoro. What did his death accomplish? He never wronged anybody, despite the past months' tension. He never did anything to harm another village or the Matoran as a whole. So the only thing that makes sense to me is that somebody wanted his position, his power. There's a vacuum that will need to be filled eventually. The architect is next in line for that and judging by the regalia it looks like he's rather inclined to do it."

"I've not met him personally, but the last time he visited Ga-Koro, the company he brought with him for protection was rather unsavory. It doesn't mean anything now, but But even he seemed genuinely concerned about Jaa's interrogation, even without an aura - which is the scary part. The only one before him without one is the one Stannis banished into myth and legend. Maybe our suspicion isn't defined, but it is legitimate."

"And this - this is just a precaution."

IC: Could argue. Intuition gives an alternative conclusion, logic supporting. "Irrelevant. 'Everything about this feels wrong' because circumstances have changed. Regardless of result, necessity for the method to achieve it perturbs."

The method spins in my head, under examination for effectiveness, and I trundle on.

[Profiles]

OOC: Sorry I didn't do a better job on this post. :/ I've been pressed for time lately, and my health has really been making some things hard. Anyways, I'll be writing a reply for Greisk and all the other "treasures" in the hospital ASAP with Riaril, so never fear!

IC: Ishi Polzin, (a few minutes after his last post)

A bump and his waiting palm was filled with a common object. Ishi observed the messenger out of the corner of his eye, tapping the twist-cap of a small, metal cylinder with his thumb while walking through the streets. Scholars in the sciences of thought and prophesy passed by, characteristic white robes provoked into billowing polygons by the occasional cold wind which whipped suddenly around the sharp corners of the Merchant District. There were no covered sidewalks or porticos, like Po-Koro, and everyone mingled freely in the snowy streets, the occasional cart driver uttering a few words of disapproval at the melting pot of pedestrians. Ishi liked the disorganization. It made things confusing, and Ishi wore confusion like his coat. Ducking into a tea shop he was greeted with the familiar silence of Ko-Koro’s hospitality. Foreigners who rarely traveled often balked at the concept of living in a cold world with colder beings for company, but to Ishi it was a respite. Here, no one would nose into his business.

“A buttered tea,” Ishi called out as he found a chair by the front window. It was a tall stool made for a toa, but after a quick calculation of force and physical probabilities the moderately sized matoran made an able hop up to recline easily within its larger surface. Taking a quick glance at the display from his higher vantage point Ishi added, “and one of those ginger scones.”

His order came promptly, tea steaming and thick with creamy butter, scone warm and well plated, and all in complete silence. He took a bite of the scone, and, rubbing the crumbs off his fingers on a nearby napkin, pulled the contents of the cylinder into the light.

Thin paper made from pulped vines squeezed through a flattening machine, with thinner lines of ink in a cypher Ishi instinctively recognized as a current employer’s, unfolded in his spidery fingers, and with growing apprehension set his buttered tea aside to consume the contents of the cryptic note. Out of habit his eyes flickered to the edges of his vision: no one was watching. A toa with a huna, Ishi surmised, could be breathing down his back. Letting his senses expand, he calmed his mind, which had become unaccustomedly cluttered, and let the tea shop flood his senses. The occasional cup clattered against its saucer, the slow chewing of a skakdi two seats down the bar echoed sharply, a cough from the back of the house faded into an echo. Ishi was safely ignored, just one more matoran spending money on a hot beverage while reading the day’s mail.

Information received. Ishi began his response on the back of the paper napkin, The event in question began…

The matoran’s reply was concise. Using the same cypher for recognizability, Ishi transposed the more sensitive portions with a twist for added security. Cap tightened and cylinder tucked safely out of sight the informant enjoyed the rest of his meal, mind mulling over the enlightening details. The game had changed, new routes started while others ended with a crash of collapse in the mind palace of the Po-Matoran reclining in an oversized barstool. He sighed as a block of his mental city was demolished, effaced from record much like the city it was modeled after. He had no need for a faulty system. Instead, he formed a new block, one in which his information was quickly moved in and unboxed, ready for retrieval. Ishi enjoyed the new arrivals; they made richer neighbors than the previous tenants.

Last sip of buttered tea finished with a smirk Ishi dropped from the chair and departed, the streets less chaotic after the lunch hour. He walked in what seemed an aimless fashion, purchasing the ingredients for dinner from a small store tucked between a building with red signage and a rope-maker’s shop. His gaze wandered across the masks of the locals. If Ko-Koro could get colder, the poorer areas brought the chill. Gaunt eyes looked through the sockets of noble rurus and kakamas, a scrawny toa long-forsaking their destiny stood with smaller rapscallions around a rubbish heap, using their powers to start a fire for warmth. Ishi noticed with an odd realization how little actual beings of ice lived on the fringe: miners, welders, shepherds, weavers, and other foreign traders lingered in the soiled fringes of glacial splendor. Approaching the cluster around the growing blaze, Ishi raised a hand in greeting.

“Mind if I add some fuel to that,” he asked, voice mimicking a peddler he had met once in the Kumu Islets. The toa of fire looked surprised, then a dirty sneer grew across his face as he replied with the same accent;

“I only burn cops in trash heaps.”

Ishi put his hand down. Thinking quickly, the informant formed a false identity. He was a merchant’s son, prone to thievery after the family fortune tanked. Plagued by a jealous older sister he set off to find his own destiny and wound up a criminal in Kumu. Largely based on truth, but Ishi had been in a rush. With a nod of his head toward the toa of fire he replied, “How’d you get out?”

The matoran gathered in the small space looked nervously between the two survivors. The toa’s fists clenched and Ishi stiffened, calculating the probabilities of attack.

“The lighthouse,” the toa finally said as his temper subsided. Ishi walked the rest of the way to the fire while nodding, giving the closest matoran a thump on the back as he joined the ring.

“Heard about that. I’d taken work in Le-Wahi when it… When it happened.”

“Talk about classic,” the toa said. “You’re what, a pickpocket?”

“Nah,” Ishi said while pulling the translated copy of Ahkmou’s journal out of his pack. He took a last look at the top page then tossed the sheets of paper into the flames. The recent notes turned to ash with a fresh blaze from the toa. Ishi smirked. “I’m just an anarchist.”

“I’m Oslo.”

“Who named you something like that,” Ishi retorted. “Sounds like a sneeze.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah. Like some old toa with an allergy to cats.”

“Aren’t you a little bundle of combustion waiting to happen.”

“The name’s Acket,” Ishi replied unfazed. The copies finished morphing into gray ash. A few hovering matoran coughed, but otherwise kept themselves ready to run.

“You got guts, I’ll give you that.”

“I’d like to keep them too.”

Oslo stared down at the shorter crook, a smile appearing after a tense moment of thought. “I like you, Acket. What’s your reason for getting stuck with the rest ‘round here?” He gestured at the snowy buildings surrounding the small open area.

“Some gig that didn’t pull through. Got a light?” Ishi flicked his wrist and a metal cigarette case slipped free from its hold inside the fabric. One of the nearby matoran gawked and patted his own thick coat before proclaiming,

“Oi! That’s mine!”

Oslo chuckled and held a burning forefinger for Ishi to light the cheap smokes. “Whatdya want?”

“Heard of someone named Alloy?”

Oslo tapped the brow of arthron. “Does this look like sensory aptitude to you?”

“No, it looks like you spend your time checking the sounds from the two-story I just passed.” Ishi replied with a gesture toward the red-light building.

Oslo gave a wink. “Great minds think alike eh?”

“Something to that effect. So, Alloy?”

“Aye, I’ve heard of them. Forty-fifth flag, or something like that. Some mercs were whispering about a job, but with koro security there’s really no point in trying to get out. Heard there was a bust in the glacier tunnels earlier.”

“Would explain the small earthquakes,” Ishi said while staring at the burning trash heap, smoke from his cigarette spiraling into the air. A few cold minutes passed as the small congregation of heat worshippers held their hands out to the fire. “Thanks for the help, I’ll be taking off. Oh,” Ishi tossed the metal cigarette case back to the matoran he’d pick pocketed, “and thanks for the smoke.”

Oslo offered a fist to pound and Ishi’s smaller hand clicked against the carapace.

“See ya ‘round, Acket,” said Oslo. Ishi nodded and strode off, grocery bag dangling from one hand and a cigarette perched between his lips. He walked patiently in the setting sun of the late-afternoon, his shadow a long darkness stretched behind him. The icy stairs were cold as he ascended to the closest bridge, and his mind thought of Alloy.

It had been one of the few rumors he picked up from certain social spheres, nothing more than a whispered name in the cups of drunks. A meeting in the drifts posed a difficulty: security. How would he get out? Ishi stumbled through the riddle long enough, taking until he was between the dying sun and the glittering citadel to realize the answer. It was a desperate loophole, a gamble yes, and Ishi leaned over the low edge of the bridge to gaze at the snowy road three stories below. Could he do it?

“Mata-Nui I hate heights.” Shaking his head he turned his attention back to the bridge. “Insane. I'm totally insane.”

He fell.

~

Ishi was in the ocean, blue waves rippling above his head as the light from a light stone lamp flickered from the left. He blinked, and realized the ocean was the gothic vaulted ceiling of a familiar architecture, the blue tinted windows adding a feeling of submergence to the stone walls.

“You and I are going to have a nice long chat, right now.” Said a voice accompanied by the familiar scent of vanilla and tobacco. He turned his head, staring at the golden eye of a woman he’d known in a past life. Groaning, Ishi turned his head back to center, letting the pillow absorb the tension in his neck.

“Why am I not surprised to see you here?” He asked no one in particular. “Gabel. Makes sense you’d take her name. She is your sister after all.”

“Let’s get some things straightened out,” Riaril said with her usual disappointed tone, “Was my sister-“ Ishi rolled his eyes- “and when you were carried here on a gurney by the guard it was hard to classify your legs as three dimensional objects. Did you take up the sport of cliff jumping in Le-Wahi?”

“I don’t intentionally vault into canyons with angry people in tow for the record.”

“Could have fooled me.” Riaril uncrossed her legs and leaned forward. “What happened, and how the karz are you here?”

“I fell and died, according to the paper, or did you not bother to read my obituary? As for how I’m here, you’re the expert. Something about a gurney you said?” Ishi pushed himself up gently with an elbow, feeling a mild twinge in his side as he looked at the toa of water on her roller stool. “What about you? You look horrible.”

“Apparently I died too, or did you forget to read my tombstone,” Riaril retorted with a huff. “Of course I was kind enough to climb out of my coffin after a week, unlike a certain someone in this room.”

“And the eye?”

“How I died.”

“I’m noticing a pattern here. I think I’ll call it Unoriginal Plot Syndrome. But you’re hiding something aren’t you.”

Riaril bristled and leaned back. “What makes you-”

“You’re posture is indicative of someone who’s protecting something. It’s not just your blindside, since you don’t have the problem of turning your head slightly for a wider range of view. No, you’re hiding something that isn’t really physical. You say you died… Oh, they don’t know, do they? Which is why you use your sister’s name.”

Riaril glanced down toward a pair of nurses attending the lesterin at the end of the wing. “I hate that trick of yours.”

“For the last time it’s not a trick. I just see these things. Now we’re on even footing: both of us would prefer to be seen as someone else. What else are you going to pull up as leverage?”

Riaril frowned. Ishi took a moment to stare at her longer, noticing the scars peaking from the inside of her lab coat, hastily buttoned with the middle only half through the hole. “Your kanohi…”

“That’s enough,” Riaril snapped. “Fine. I get where this is going. If I’m going to scratch your back you’re going to scratch mine, got it? I’ve got some coronary reports The Hand needs to see. I’d deliver them myself but at the moment I think the living wounded are more important than the registered dead.”

“Of course,” Ishi said as he tentatively put a foot to the floor, leaned forward, and then with a push of his arms stood free of the medical bed. Surprisingly, the matoran felt better than he had in the morning. “When can I start?”

~

A red umbrella bobbed in the falling snow. Underneath, Ishi ran a disappointed finger around his left eye. Riaril had removed the scar, something they had debated during his time with Team Kanohi Dragon. It had been a memento, a reminder of his family and why he never wanted to return. Now, free of the medal for surviving his youth with Vera he felt the last few traces of his past were beginning to fade away, as if in reverse chronological order his life was deleting itself.

He paused, adjusted the black bag on his shoulder. Inside was the folder of reports due on the desk of Ko-Koro’s hand. Flapping in the breeze, however, was a red flag. The forty-fifth red marker flag, accompanied by a matoran who seemed as much a part of the landscape with a fluff of snow on his head as the mountainside.

Ishi tilted his borrowed umbrella back enough to show his face, which held a gregarious smile. “Sorry I’m late. Bit of a problem with security back at the city. Did I miss much? You must Alloy, yes?” Ishi paused, then held out his bag of groceries for the fe-matoran to take.

“They took a bit of a tumble, but I brought some munchies.”

OOC: Hello Ferrum.

TL;DR: Ishi receives information from an employer, learns the whereabouts of "Alloy," and devises a way to escape the security of Ko-Koro. (Transport to Hospital approved by Visaru).

IC: (Jorruk/The Drifts)

Jorruk, panting and freezing, hurled strong blasts of wind at Kecand. He was a safe distance away, so it wasn't like the guard could hurt him...

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: "Dervish"

Just before the figure entered the door, they turned and saw an all too familiar Matoran with a red umbrella approaching Alloy.

The figure sighed angrily. Anyone would recognise that Hapaka anywhere.

The figure moved forward into the doorway, hoping that the irritating Po-Matoran would not notice them.

OOC: Wow, thats a long post kughii.....

IC: Ferum

The Fe-matoran outstretched a hand, delicately receiving the groceries as if they where packed with stralix powder. A quizzical look fell on his face, hidden by the gunmetal of his welding mask. It did not stay there for long, something in his mind felt, off.

A pattern had emerged. To many people had come, each looking for an Alloy, one of the many names he bore. They where not alone either. In the distance, he watched as a toa crossed the drifts. A small dot in the snow before him.

"Follow" he barked. He walked inside the door, waiting for the three to enter. "Seal the door!" The fe-matoran reached inside a small hole in the wall. A faint clicking sound was heard, and then as he pulled the object inside forward, the large gear-like door jarred itself shut. An onu-toa inside an adjoining room channeled his power to cover the door with natural rock, as to disguise it from any bystanders.

Nothing could get in. Nothing could get out. Just the way the company liked it.

The matoran walked to the meeting room, gesturing for everyone else to follow. He sat down in a crystalline stool next to his companions, waiting for the others to do the same.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

IC: 'Dervish'

The figure followed the armed Fe-Matoran into the base. They were relieved that the infernal cold was behind them.

As the three visitors(OOC: Illofarn, Ishi and 'Dervish') followed Alloy, the figure slowed down a little to keep in step with the Hapaka Ishi.

"What are you doing here?" The unreadable voice had a hint of annoyance to it.

IC: Ishi Polzin

"Well, it's always nice to be invited in," Ishi said under his breath, shaking the snow of his borrowed umbrella. It was thick rice paper with a bamboo handle, brought from the sunny shores of Naho-Bay to the cold crags of Mt. Ihu. On impulse he tapped it once on the doors, listening to the unusual resonant percussion. "Not just stone... Interesting."

Folding up the umbrella he hopped gainly down a short flight of rough hewn stairs after the others, enjoying the cryptic map on the side of the wall, the sizes of rooms disproportionate to the functions they were assigned. Alloy was the most intriguing of group, the only matoran besides Ishi, and an anomaly. With all the steel on the fe-toa's face it was impossible to discern his features, except for the jaw, which was free to allow uncluttered speaking, and the twin eyes. His observation of Alloy's gait was interrupted by a feminine hiss.

"What are you doing here?"

Ishi shrugged, paying the toa of lightning little mind. Despite the appearance of a faxon Ishi knew the woman wore a kanohi volitak, having been the in-man for the dual scimitar mercenary when she had washed on the shores of Mata-Nui and in desperate need of a job. With a few words and widgets traded the aspiring murderer had her chance to prove her mettle. Her name, in the criminal world, had become Dervish after her first hit. Ishi enjoyed the power of knowing who she really was. It helped she was shorter than most toa, her chin just above Ishi's eye line. Her appearance in Ko-wahi wasn't shocking.

"I came for the fantastic conversation," Ishi replied with a happy wink, "and I heard the tea biscuits were divine. Maybe we could share one."

A rectangular arch and several smaller tunnels later and they had all entered a meeting room, glowing light stones making the table and surrounding crystal chairs shimmer as if struck by daylight. Ishi waited for everyone to sit, then slid himself onto a stool closest to the exit. Years of slinking and secrecy had taught the master informant to keep his exits close in a den of thieves.

His blue and orange eyes cascaded about the room, assuaging the possibilities of harm from each. The toa of earth with green eyes seemed docile enough, though the bracer on his arm undoubtedly carried a retractable blade, a common tactic of volitak-wearing sneaks. Dervish could explode at a moment's notice, like stralix powder, but more than likely she would back him in a fight. Alloy, however, seemed the greatest potential threat. It was the matoran of iron who controlled the keys to leaving the mountain complex, the two toa by his side seemed more than henchmen, and Ishi doubted anyone who didn't agree with what was about to transpire would find their heads mounted on a plaque over a hearth somewhere in the bowels of the tunnels.

IC: RIaril

"I think you're ready to hit the snow-bank," Riaril said after checking Greisk's pulse. "Of course, we should talk about the cost of your treatment. You're like all the other can-I-pay-you-later types, right? Why don't we nail out a payment plan."

Edited by Kughii

OOC: Please check your inbox, Falcon Lord. RE: Ishi Polzin's name. Thanks. If anything it should be The Hapaka, or just Hapaka. :)

IC: Kriigata

Jorruk's accompanying attacks kept the snows in flux, and the young acolyte's scythe shimmered and slashed in near invisibility. One moment it came toward the toa of crystal from above, the next a spiral from the side...

Edited by Kughii

IC: Greisk

"As a matter of fact, no. I am certainly not one of those types of people," Greisk said I'm response to Riaril.

He saw that his wanderer-bag-tied-on-a-stick was beside his bed. He winged as he bent down to pick it up.

Rummaging through, he found that he had a surprising amount of widgets in it, but not enough to cover the cost of hospitalisation. But just in case...

"Is this enough to get me out of here? If it isn't maybe I could work in the hospital or something..." Greisk showed Riaril the widgets.

IC: 'Dervish'

She sighed at the Hapaka's response. She knew that he knew something others did not, her name.

It wasn't so much the fact that he knew it that bothered her. It was the fact that she had once required this annoying yet strangely interesting Matoran's help.

The Toa sighed again. At least he was better than other informants.

As she entered the room, she realised that the one just beside it was labelled 'Interrogation' was really a toilet.

She took a seat at one of the chairs in the meeting room.

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

"Would you know where to find the Captain, and if not how long will it be until she is to return?

"Honestly, I will settle for a guess."

IC- Captain Korzaa

“Are you looking for me?” Korzaa asked. As Shu had been talking she had strode into the atrium and walked over to the Le-Matoran. She gave a nod to Elmuur and he smiled and walked off, his job done. “What business does Le-Koro have with me?” She asked.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Wind-rider Shu (NPC) - Ko-Koro

Shu turned around, "Captain Korzaa! Hello! Yes, I am Wind-rider Shu, Sergeant Forceman," he started, "Kongu has sent me to offer Le-Koro's open aid in this time of need. Be it supplies, advice, or simple comfort we are willing to give what is needed." He looked to the Captain
with a sympathetic gaze, "Kongu has been particularly affected by Matoro's passing, saw the Akiri at the meet-up point before he gave me my instructions, he gave Le-Koro's blessing in this direction.

"He himself wanted to deliver the message personally. But last time he took time away for the Akiri Summit, a terrorist attempted to poison our water supplies and kill a number of Wind-riders." Shu bounced on his toes a little, handing her a letter, "Anyways. Within is a list of supplies we are able to provide if you so choose to ask for them; requested and used under your own discretion of course."

He bowed as she took the letter in her hand, "I know the Ko-Koronians are not particularly 'warm' for sentiment, but if it matters at all to you, Le-Koro will feel with Ko-Koro at this time." He gave a small three fingered salute before asking, "I have been asked to deliver a similar message to Ambages of Ko-Koro as well. Where might I find him?"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: Group collab.

IC: Ferrum 'Alloy', 'Dervish', 'Hapaka', 'Faen'

Ferrum led the trio of prospective conspirators into the meeting room. He took a seat in his favourite crystalline chair and motioned fr the others to take a seat too.

"The three of you are here today beacause you all have skills required for a rather... daunting task. But due to the sensitive nature of the assignment, I cannot disclose any details until you agree to take the job first. You now have a choice."

"Payment?" One of the three asked.

"Will be negotiated after you agree," Ferrum replied.

The three figures nodded in turn.

Ferrum leaned forward.

"Since all of you have agreed to this mission, none of you will be backing out. Alive. If you have second thoughts, this is your last chance."

He let the threat hang in the air. None of the mercenaries said anything.

"Very well. Here is the plan. Marik, stop lying on the table and unlock the filing cabinets!!"

---

"So does everyone understand their roles to the letter?"

All the agents nodded. They now understood the gravity if their situation.

"Down payment is one million each. Another million when the job is done."

---

Negotiations done, the Matoran was satisfied.

"Good. Off we go. Remember your roles," the Matoran said as he got off the rather comfortable stool and motioned to the exit.

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

Veneras sat on a bench outside the barracks. The snow looked beatiful reflecting in the morning light. Holding out his hand he began to examine his ring. It had been almost ten years, but he still wore the shimmering blue band. He waited patiently for the Le Koronan to finish their business with the Captain. He had important things to discus with her.

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC: I stride through the village. Into atrium. In office.

"...Ambages of Ko-Koro as well. Where might I find him?"

I swing. Stalk to the speaker. Le-Koronan passing envelope to the Captain of the Guard. Courier. Looks Gukko Force. I step alongside him, looking to Korzaa, then nod. Any authority of that standing is a reliable source for our intent.

[Profiles]

IC- Captain Korzaa - Sanctum Guard HQ

"Thank you for your thought," She said. Shu was right- Ko-Koronans were as cold as the land they lived in, the polar opposites of the lively and emotional Le-Matoran, but the matoran's message did please her. She was glad to know Le-Koro thought so highly of their deceased Akiri and their Koro. "I thank you for your aid." Before she could tell the Wind-Rider that she did not know where Ambages was, another visitor entered through the doors of the guard headquarters.

Quite a few visitors, actually- the Maru. Korzaa turned at the sound to see Sulov, taking up her entire field of view, towering over her. Even in stillness, she could sense the muscular strength and toughness of this Toa. He did not say a word, merely nodded, conveying his respect for her. She returned the nod with the trademark Ko-Matoran silence, then looked to the Le-Matoran to answer his question. "I do not know where you may find Ambages, but he usually resides in his offices in the Sanctum." Her business with the envoy done, she turned to face the four Toa Maru, wondering what more they wanted of her.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: The runner here was stopped at the gates, the guards having orders not to allow anyone in or out before the situation was resolved. So instead, the poster and letter was passed to one of the Matoran on duty.

Mata Nui Technological Expo

The past few months have been packed full of exiting events and technological advances.

While they have become more widespread recently, many of these advances are still spread far apart and not many know of them, much less be able to make use of them.

To help solve this problem, the first Mata Nui Technological Expo is being held in Po-koro.

We invite you to our event. All are welcome to come and see the future as it arrives, whether you are an inventor yourself or an adventurer hoping to find something to help out on your next escapade. Or you might just be a normal person looking to see what is around the corner.

Come one, come all, the Future is waiting.

Event Manager: Lenat

The letter was adressed to the one in charge inviting them to come or send a delegate. The event manager was hoping to give something to the Akiri of the island.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Veneras, outside Korzaa's office

Mt Ihu, it stood as the tallest point of Mata Nui. The home of the Ko Koronans. Just south of the mountain loomed the Mangai, home of the Ta people. So close, yet so very different. The Ko Koronans were not like their neighbors. Their tempers were not short, nor did their hearts burn in anger. They're wrath was cold and calculated. Their patience was not that of a raging forest fire, but a lake that freezes in the night.

And so Veneras sat patiently. He waited for the Le Koronan to finish his business. He waited as more visitors passed him by with no regard, taking his turn to speak with the captain. He watched as a mysterious runner pinned up a bulletin a block down. He waited as he closed his eyes.

Patience.

Reaching into his cloak he pulled out his pipe. He did love to smoke while he contemplated, but he was still a Ko Koronan. For this reason his pipe featured a long stem, resembling old fashion pipes of archaic times. This allowed the smoke to cool down dramatically before reaching his mouth, accommodating his Ko Koronan preferences.

Taking a decent amount of tobacco he began to gently scoop his pipe full. Finally the time had come to retrieve a match and light it. The smell was rapturous; a delicate blend of Le Koro Gukko's Eye (a weed) with a touch of cherry for flavoring. Veneras let a large breath go.

Say what you will about the Kanohi Hau, but it makes the most perfect smoke rings, ever so naturally. The morning streets of Ko Koro were marked by a slow pulse of perfectly round rings as Veneras sat, patiently.

OOC Veneras, waiting to speak with Korzaa.

Open for interaction

Edited by Veneras

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

Ic: Leah's stare. Leah's stare. Leah's stare. There was something about it, something cryptic, mystic, mysterious about it and Ambages tried to swallow his concerns as he walked down the sacred hallways of the innermost Sanctum chambers. Despite being alone -- for now -- he remained paranoid, but thankfully he internalized his expressions. To the few seers who looked his way as he thundered across the ice floor he seemed no less the businessman administrator he always appeared to be.

Leah's stare. It pierced into his inky soul, and it wasn't love. Ambages' inky heart could not love anyone but himself.

Was it something she saw? he wondered. His knowledge of those Kanohi was not as vague as he led on, particularly concerning Leah's mask. The powers behind Sulov's, Korero's and Oreius', too, were easy enough concepts to understand, especially since Caerus had been diligent in his reports and excellent in his details. Stannis' and Reordin's, though, were harder to grasp; as far as he knew their masks were "undefined" and "can turn things into other things," and he wasn't sure what to make of that. But at that moment his attention was on Leah and her mask.

Why did she stare like that? What did she see? The Hand was a masterful actor and had managed to scurry his way through the encounter with Leah without telling a lie. He should have been radiating jade and purple like a sculpture made of opal. He was being sincere. Well, almost. Maybe mostly. He cursed his self-doubting. Seven-hundred-and-one years of careful planning, meticulous catalyzing and scripted events that had gone on without a fault of his own and his mind chose to betray him then.

He stuffed the doubts back into the recesses of his cranium like a jack-in-the-box, fighting the prankster every step if the way until it was safely tucked away and tranquility returned, undisturbed by the mocking face of the spring-necked clown.

The Hand determined that he didn't slip up. No, Leah couldn't have detected any sort of hostility, deception or conniving. There was none to be seen; all part of the masterful act. But even that didn't stop Leah from seeing something that scared the ###### out of her. But if it wasn't something she saw, then... Ahhhh, of course, it was obvious. He cursed himself; how could he be so stupid?

BOING!!!!

POP! GOES THE WEEEEEASEL~

LA LALA LA LADIDADA~

HA! HAHA! HA HAHAHAHA!~

Doubt clouded his judgement again as a new question drew into his mind: What did Leah not see? That question nagged Ambages more than the previous one. He continued to think on this as he keyed open the door to the akiri's office and gently stepped into the small but immensely tall room.

The ceiling was domed sharply and elegantly with sloping walls lined by buttresses that stretched upwards for a long ways before finally joining symmetrically at the top. It was meant to be an intimate chamber, a place of wisdom and administration, reflection and clarity, and the larger-that-life ceiling and enormous desk were meant to remind the akiri of the immense task placed on his shoulders. Until recently that fell on Matoro, the good leader, the wise leader, the chosen leader. Matoro was almost made for that job. Ambages less so, and it showed. He was by no means incapable, hence Matoro picking him as his chief aide and all-but-named heir, but the position was vastly superior to the architect who was more at home in a quaint apartment and drab overcoat instead of a palatial suite and cloak of office. He seemed out-of-place in the office chamber, just like Matoro's memorial vest didn't rest well on Ambages' physique. It was all a title ill-begotten, and while none contested his right to rule, albeit temporarily, or his ability to rule, albeit uncharismatically, he was still a wolf in sheep's clothing, a beguiling adviser. Matoro always had been the Othello to his Iago, an unwitting and trusting leader who kept a snake all too close to his heart.

But what was done was done, and Matoro was gone for good. Ambages slid a finger along the edge of the table as he walked around it then gently sat in the great office chair. It was nothing like the throne outside, instead quite small and unfitting for the office's decor as it was, but it was the only thing about it all that Ambages liked. A least it was comfy.

Jaa would report to duty soon, he knew, and then work would have to be done. In the meantime, he got to work in preparation for the meeting with the scribe and pulled out a blank book and a pen, and just stared at the empty page as he prepared to author his first business as interim village leader. But he didn't write. His mind was too enthralled on things it knew nothing about and ate the doubt ravenously.

Leah's stare. Did he fail? What did she see?

What did she not see?

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen