BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Revekk (Ko-Koro)

"It seems you've reached a decision" I remarked, somewhat meekly.

"If you'll have me, Maru, I'll be more than willing to do what I can"

IC (Oreius, Inu)

"You're injured," Oreius replied. "But if you're willing, then gather what villagers remain. We need to get them out."

He nodded once for emphasis, then set off in one direction, drawing Tahu's sword as he did so. The blade, carved in the semblance of a leaping flame, began to glow red and orange in his grip, trailing sparks through the icy air.

IC: Maybe the others would have to wait...

Verulas caught sight of the Vortixx who had drew on Kimala standing rather inconspicuously away from everyone else. He pretended not to notice as he blended himself in the crowd, circling around its edge before eventually coming to a stop next to him. He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the wall behind them.

"I've "arranged" for the other Vortixx to set up a meeting concerning my recruitment into your organization," he said quietly. "But you should know that one of the stipulations of my membership will be that neither you, nor anyone else in your group, is allowed to go after the Crystal-Toa for reprisal of any sort. Since we're working on the "eye for an eye" system, you guys getting an extra set should sort this mess out completely."

He paused, taking a breath before continuing once more.

"And if your Ba-Toa still has an issue with this arrangement, then after I return from Ta-Koro... he can have one of mine."

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: "Thanks, buddy." Kellin said simply, a casual glance eye-ward (GET IT) telling him all he needed to know about just how much in the way of a response he was going to be getting.

-----------------------

IC: "fffffffuaaaaark" Gev mumbled, as consciousness began to return and with it, a whole lot of aches, soreness, and shattered ribcage pains ow oh nui breathing hurts

helo frens

OOC: Rookie mistake! I'll limit in the future.

IC Girah: Boarding the cable car, with Budge coiling up on his lap like an oversized lapcat, Girah made his way to Ta-Koro. He was more upbeat than the other, noticeably somber refugees. More talkative too, at least until four icy stares silence the Fa-Matoran. He unloaded at the other station, glad to be free of the uncomfortably heavy air.

Girah to Ta-Wahi

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: “Ahkmou,” Ko-Koro (Ambages’ Apartment)
Dervish left the alleyway under the guise of her huna, vanishing into the cold afternoon shadows of the looming ice walls.  Ishi waited in the alleyway.  He stared at his hands, concentrating in short bursts to watch the little tendrils of shadow solidify before vanishing after only a few seconds.  A few seconds would have to do, he realized, for what needed to be done.

He felt strangely naked without his coat.  When was exposed to fire and blade, and the regular weight and sway of its fabric was absent.  Despite the feelings of incompleteness, there was a strange sense of freedom growing in the back of Ishi’s mind.  Without the weight of the steel plates inside he moved quicker, and although his jaw clacked in the cold of the koro the increased mobility gave him a small sense of security.  Perhaps his days with the lava-eel scale coat were over?

“Time’s ticking,” Ishi muttered under his breath, hot air rising.  The matoran took a quick peek around the corner of the alley toward Ambage’s apartment down the street and saw nothing: a good sign.  The screams still echoed through the village, but none originated from his destination.  “Time to move.”
His black feet left two-toed prints in the fresh powder of the street as he sped from his hiding place.  Ishi Polzin wasted no time in vaulting the small gate into the snowy courtyard, propelling himself up and over the obstacle by kicking into it as he jumped.  Dervish was with him, a series of footprints stomping up to the door alongside his own. 

“I’ve been waiting to show you this little magic trick,” Ishi commented to the invisible toa as his hand rested against the key hole of the solid front door.  The informant became silent, concentrating on the shadows around his hands, the shadows within the lock.  He only had a few seconds.  His hand turned.
There was an undeniable click as the bolt drew back.  The way was open.  Ishi smiled at the success of his ploy; turning the shadow in the keyhole into a physical part of his hand was a stoke of genius discovered by pure accident.  He'd been reaching for a light-stone in his bag during the ride from Kini-Nui and found himself able to hold it without looking.  Once the realization concentration was the only factor in his abilities happened everything else began to fall into place.  

“See?  Magic tricks,” Ishi said gleefully, then kicked the door in with his enhanced strength.  The sound echoed through the apartment.  “Ladies first.”

OOC:  Okay Norik, we’re going in! :) We can’t get behind the rest of the assault, and sorry for not posting sooner.  Apparently there’s a little foyer and a hallway to the study/rooms.  EW, you around?  Oh yeah, let’s have some NPCs holed up in the house, so if EW can post we've got someone to fight. :3  Let’s stock this dungeon delve with awesome!

OOC: EW's not around.

IC:

"I leave you boys alone for five minutes, and Kellin ends up doing something useful for society," Ria drawled. "Maybe we should never see each other again, Kell. You might develop superpowers."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Enforcer.

I say nothing for a moment. Verulas' argument makes sense. Despite my anger, I see the wisdom in his words. But I cannot just let the brutality commited against Judge be forgotten.

"Very well. I will not go after her," I concede. "I'll do my best to ensure the others do the same. However..." I lower my voice to a cold, menacing whisper, "If she ever attacks or threatens one of us again, nothing you or anyone else can do will save her from our wrath... Do we have an understanding?"

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: "We do," Verulas said. "From what I've seen of her, the likelihood of her gunning for you unprovoked is slim to none. Agree with her methods or not, she was trying to do what was best for those that she was protecting, allies included. Taking the Ba-Toa's eye was probably meant more as a scare tactic to get your team to stop attacking, and she had no way of knowing that you had already ceased fire before she did it."

The Bo-Toa turned his head, staring right at the Vortixx.

"If it was possible to protect those you cared about in a way requiring minimal bloodshed after a long, tiring day of fighting and death in a failed attempt to defend your home, wouldn't you at least try to give it a shot?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"But taking a prisoner's eye?" I challenge, staring Verulas down. "I've killed my share of beings in my time, some in battle, some in cold blood, but not even I will stoop to torturing or maiming a defenceless enemy." I shake my head. "We are Outsiders. Scare tactics don't work on us. All she did by taking Judge's eye was enrage us." 

I don't care much for his attempts to explain Kimala's actions, as far as I'm concerned, what she did is beyond any form of justification. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Veneras

Veneras continued to help the matoran onto the cable car. they were almost all to Ta Koro now, which meant Veneras might finally get some answers. He took a look around to see who was left; not that it was of much insight seeing as he didn't know who of them belonged to this brotherhood. He turned to Veteran and whispered "how many more still await transport?"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC: Veteran.

Veteran looked around. There were still scattered groups of able-bodied refugees standing around helping the wounded. Most of those left to transport were the badly wounded, so things were starting to take much longer. Enforcer was still here, talking with... Verulas. He'd spotted Forger somewhere earlier on, and seen Tracer cross over to the other side. In all, he'd completely lost track of who was where and doing what. 

"I have no idea, mate," he admitted, in answer to Veneras' question. "Too many bloody people everywhere." 

IC Veneras

Veneras sighed as he waited patiently. There wasn't much more that could be done except wait for the cable car to come back up the mountain so they could loud it with matoran before going back down the mountain on and on. 

Veneras cursed himself for his impatience; these were his people! Or at least, they were his people. Now he had a new people, people who actually wanted him.

He pulled his pipe out of his cloak and began to pack it with the rich smelling tobacco of Le Wahi. "Would you like some while we wait?" he offered, gesturing to the leather pouch of the cherry scented shavings

--Character Profiles--

"Sure mate, why not?" Veteran said gratefully, "I hear this stuff is absolutely terrible for your health, but I'm too old to care much about that sorta thing." 

IC Veneras

The toa of ice it a match and began to puff rhythmically as the small clouds of smoke rose in time with his breathing. Small at first, but as he continued the bowl began to glow a friendly welcoming hue of orange, and the tufts of smoke were now full white fluffy clouds, lifting upwards in praise of Mata Nui.

"If it's bad for the body, it is yet better for the mind" he smiled coyly

--Character Profiles--

"I can't fault ya on that logic," Veteran greed, borrowing a match to light up with, recognising the irony that a skakdi of fire had to use matches, of all things. "And now... we wait." 

IC Veneras

"Is there anything else I should know before this Zero returns?" Veneras asked as he let out a ring of smoke that smelled like the riches spoils of the jungle. The scent was euphoric, and for just a moment Veneras was at peace.

--Character Profiles--

"The only thing you need to know about Zero is that she's in charge. Don't mess with her." 

"Also, kinda like me and my eye, don't ask her anything about her... well, anything, really." Veteran added, almost as an afterthought "She doesn't talk much about her past." 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC (Oreius, Inu)

The Toa of Fire moved swiftly through the Koro, checking locked dwellings and huts for any villagers who might have sequestered themselves away. The village, however, seemed to be mostly empty. He could still hear the sounds of battle coming from the gates, but the Koro proper was deserted. The battle seemed to have split itself in two: one group of defenders still fought at the entrance, while the others had made their stand near the Sanctum. Whether or not there were any left, Oreius didn't know.

"Just doin' my job. Speakin' of which, Zero's bringing two or three recruits back with her, and that green fella over there, chatting with the scary lookin' Vortixx there, he's on our list too. You won't be the only new guy."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC Veneras

The toa was pleased to see others finding home here as well. He straightened his cloak (a nervous habit of his) and re lit his pipe, a familiar action as the cold often stifled its vitality "This really is quite the organization" he admired "What's the deal with the code-names?" he asked with a puff of revived smoke

--Character Profiles--

"I dunno really," Veteran admitted, "symbolism, I think. Taking on a new name, a fresh start. That sorta thing. Plus it gives us a certain degree of anonymity while we're on missions."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC (Oreius, Inu)

"You're injured," Oreius replied. "But if you're willing, then gather what villagers remain. We need to get them out."

He nodded once for emphasis, then set off in one direction, drawing Tahu's sword as he did so. The blade, carved in the semblance of a leaping flame, began to glow red and orange in his grip, trailing sparks through the icy air.

IC: Revekk (Ko-Koro)

"Very well" I replied after a moment's hesitation. For a moment I had been inclined to protest, but the words died in my mouth as the Maru took off. The Maru would know what the best course of action was, why wouldn't they?

So I took off through the streets in a different direction, keeping an eye out for scattered civilians that needed to be brought to safety.

OOC: Revekk open for interaction

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Essence?" Veteran laughed. "Freedom is the essence of The Outsiders, mate. Freedom to be who you want to be, to do what you want to do, without fear of persecution. We're a law unto ourselves up here..." he stopped, realising he was making things sound way more anarchic that they actually were.

"We still have our rules, of course. Every society needs some semblance of order to function. But we're a lot more liberal here. Loyalty is to the group. Not to gods, not to the law, not to good and evil... Just ourselves and those around us."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC Forger

Veteran was conversing with Veneras, it seemed the Ko-Toa had opted to join us. I hadn't quite expected it, but it was welcome. He had brought several other recruits home as well in the time the Ko-Koro party had been gone. I suspected that was what Zero was out doing as well, perhaps she had finally gone to pay Transient a visit.

It gave me hope that next time I would be able to do things right, and have the power in numbers to make a change. Next time we wouldn't be arriving late to help the evacuation, next time we would be the defenders we fought today. I could not share my change of outlook with all the others, save Zero. But I had seen the truth in the words of the Titan and the other defenders. had had my revelation on the long march back. I had realized what I had done wrong, how I had been turning my mind to steel.

Enough of that, I see Enforcer talking with the Bo-Toa. They are discussing his terms for joining us. He wants to buy the safety of Kimala with his blood and blades. While I do not like the crystal toa in the slightest, his offer is a noble one. One I can understand and accept. I only hope Enforcer comes to terms with him.

I help load the car, another trip to Ta-Koro and back. I decide to accompany them this time.

IC Brontes

Exhaustion, weariness. Cramped muscles.

Several of my symptoms, I have been tirelessly loading refugees, patients and supplies onto this cursed cable car since dawn. Compounded with my battles in Ko-Koro, the mentally tiring hospital situation and the march here? I am surprised I'm still moving...

Now, on this fifth trip on the cable car, I'm stuck with the Fe-Toa merc.

"...karz."

OOC: Brontes and Forger to Ta-Korooooo

...but close to it

IC: "Believe me, that's something we actually both agree on," Verulas said. "But it could've been worse; he may have walked out half-blind, but at least he walked out. He could just as easily be dead right now, and then both sides would've lost more than just an eye since we probably would've started killing each other at that point."

Sensing that he was close to hitting a nerve, he decided to turn his attention back to the refugees.

"So, how much longer do you think it's going to take to get the rest of them across?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Kimala

The ride back couldn't possibly be fast enough. She almost jumped from the cable car as it entered the distance at which doing so wouldn't be suicide. She strode through the Obsidian Outpost, headed back the way the group had came. She took a small detour when she spotted Veneras. "Toa of Ice," she said, approaching. "What are going going to do now?"

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

"Soon, I hope," I say to Verulas, deciding not to comment on his previous remarks. I could understand where he was coming from, but I still found Kimala's actions inexcusable.

Perhaps he had feelings for her? That may explain why he was being so defensive. I could understand that. I had known love once... But only once, and it had ended badly.

"We will have to cross soon as well, so as not to arouse anyone's suspicions. If someone figures out that our base of operations is right here, then our organisation may well end before it has truly begun, and I don't believe either of us wish for that."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: The Champion (Obsidian Outpost)

It is night. The stars above flicker faintly, and I load one of the last remaining patients on the cable car. I hop on as well, eager to go to a tavern, drink some alcohol, and go back to Obsidian to sleep. Others are talking nearby, the Ko-Toa and Veteran smoking a pipe. The grey clouds of smoke swirl in the air, and enter my nostril. I do not recognize the smell, so I assume that t's local. It has a slightly pungent odor, but it's not the worst tobcco or incense, and has a rather pleasant scent. But I stopped smoking ever since dealt with my addiction with it, so I won't ask for any. Instead, I pull the lever of the car, and begin my journey to Ta-koro. Alcohol is a man's best friend.. after a woman who loves him.

Miira..

OoC: Dartakh to Ta-Wahi

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: We've been busy...

The skakdi had had a long day and an even longer night, and it had left him in a bit of a foul mood. "In order, the answers to your questions are nothin', yes and no. To elaborate on my answer to question two; you can help by makin' sure nothin' gets blown up."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: "So true. Wouldn't want to board a ship only for it to sink after it left the docks," Verulas said honestly as he gave one of the straps on the Su-Matoran's backpack a slight tug to adjust its position. "And the trip should allow me to settle my business there as well. Maybe I'll even grab a few drinks on my way in. It's been a while, and I sure as Karz could use them after how hectic this last job turned out to be."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Kouyran Scholar and Ayar (Obsidian Outpost)

As the sun went down over the Mangai Volcano in a glorious display of orange and red, reflecting the blood spilt in Ko-Koro that day, the first few stars came out overhead, tiny points of stark light against the growing darkness. Ayar sat in the corner of the courtyard, her back up against the ebony wall, exhausted with the effort of healing all the injured beings from Ko-Koro. The area of the outpost was nearly deserted after the mass exodus of refugees via the cable car, empty except for a few Outsiders, a Bo-Toa who appeared to be negotiating his recruitment with Enforcer, a Toa of Crystal, and another Toa of Ice. Scholar crossed the courtyard in a few steps, his axe and dagger far into their sheaths, and crouched down next to Ayar.

"Are you ok?" he said to her gently, nothing at all like his generally childish approach to life.

"I'm fine," she replied, smiling weakly at the Ko-Toa. "Just a bit tired, that's all."

"D'ya want some help to go inside? Looks like you could do with a day's worth of sleep, Ayar."

"That would be great, if you're ok with it."

Scholar extended a gauntleted hand to Ayar, which she grasped weakly, and used to pull herself up, balancing on wobbly legs. She nearly collapsed again as she stood, but Scholar caught her and said:

"Just lean on me. I may only be about a quarter of your height, but that doesn't mean I can't support a friend when she needs it." 

In this way, with Ayar leaning on Scholar, the two made their way into the outpost, where Scholar dropped Ayar off in her room, and he continued down through the multi-floor basement of the main tower, where he found his own room, denoted by the strong chill given off by the iced-up interior and the "KYN" which he had scratched into the door using his Matatu. Almost completely drained, he dropped onto the hard bed, and slept. All night. Into the morning of the next day. Way past dawn.

VBWj75sh.png

IC Veneras 

Veneras chuckled slightly at Veteran's explosion comment "I think it's mostly a waiting game now" Veneras expanded

in answer to Kimala he did not know what to say "My family was taken from me years ago" he began "Ko Koro was all I had left" Leaning heavily on his staff he let out a sigh "I have nothing now" he said

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

IC (Oreius, Inu)

The Toa of Fire moved swiftly through the Koro, checking locked dwellings and huts for any villagers who might have sequestered themselves away. The village, however, seemed to be mostly empty. He could still hear the sounds of battle coming from the gates, but the Koro proper was deserted. The battle seemed to have split itself in two: one group of defenders still fought at the entrance, while the others had made their stand near the Sanctum. Whether or not there were any left, Oreius didn't know.

IC (Korero)

Korero, meanwhile, took to the skies for air reconnaissance. Winds curled and gusted around him, bearing him aloft high above Ko-Koro. As he flew, his eyes scoured the village below for signs of which way the battle was turning.

All in all, it did not look good. With the main bridge destroyed, the main gate destroyed, and the Sanctum Guard scattered, it looked very much as though the defence was failing—or rather had failed. Past tense. The more Korero looked, the more certain he became that even two Toa Maru were not enough to fend off the attackers. All they could do now was help with the evacuation and scout out what Echelon and his allies were doing before they were detected and forced to retreat.

Ko-Koro was already lost.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

"A drink..." I muse. "I might join you in that. It's been too long since I've had anything alcoholic. Might take my mind off this," I rub at my injured arm.

Ayar had healed the burns and repaired my armour, but there was still a dull ache and stiffness to my movement. Some things, it seemed, had to be left to heal in their own time.

"It looks like the car has returned," I add. "Time for us to leave?"

Edited by NatoGreavesy