BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Skis didn’t work so well uphill.

Fifteen men and women. Four injured, three dead, those who could walk carrying the bodies of the deceased and those who couldn’t. The Lieutenant wasn’t an issue, he’d been burned to cinders under the fire of a Brotherhood member as he used his own abilities to hold back the tide of oncoming animals. Repelled from Ko-Koro’s walls, the Highlander detachment had suffered crippling losses. They were too late. Five minutes earlier, the walls would have been theirs to defend- not assault.

Acting Lieutenant Terenor sighed and called a halt to let his troops rest and the injured stragglers catch up. Other refugees surrounded them in their march, every fugitive carrying their belongings or nursing some manner of wound, following the regular stone steps to Ihu where they could and forcing their way through the snow and brush where they couldn’t. Ihu-Koro’s brand new walls promised safety, security… And, most importantly, warmth. Most of the refugees had been forced to leave without proper equipment and belongings, walking through the snows of Ko-Wahi in barely protective shoes. None were freezing to death -the trip from Koro to Koro was far too short for that- but the bodies of the mortally wounded trying to flee the carnage littered the sides of the path, the snow running red with blood.

The gravediggers were going to have a busy day tomorrow, and the cemetery was going to have a lot more residents.

The march resumed despite the protests of a few soldiers, the massive tree in Ihu’s center visible on the horizon. New stone walls graciously gifted by Po-Koro surrounded the center of the town, a town that was once quiet but that now clamored with the sound of preparations and the calls of a people in exile. Hastily constructed buildings dotted the landscape around the walls, most built against the stone of the fortifications, seeking to suck the most warmth out of the stones, massive heat sinks that they were. Earlier (and more assertive) arrivals were setting up their homes in the streets, now visible through the gates.

The gates were still open, thank Mata Nui. A blizzard was looming on the horizon, and while the huge tree and walls promised shelter, the path to the city was completely obscured when a storm was raging.

As Terenor’s soldiers bandaged wounds, ate, and mourned over the bodies of their fellow Highlanders, he turned away from the heat of the fireplace and walked onto the balcony outside, a small Vo-Matoran leaning on the railing.

Ahka Tamara looked up at the Lieutenant, her left hand on the Rena ore sword at her hip. She sighed, then looked back toward the distant smoke rising from Ko-Koro, eyes drifting over the refugees in a desperate struggle for heat.

“Get some men on the walls and send word to the other Akiri asking for supplies. We can’t feed all these refugees, nor protect them for long.”

Terenor saluted and stepped away, leaving Tamara staring into the distance.

Edited by Joseph Cooper

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: (Rekhyt Vandal/Obsidian)

Vandal? Vandal. Well it certainly fitted with his tactics, Rekhyt supposed.

"Thankyou." Vandal said simply. Vandal.

He walked over, but Verulas and Veteran seemed to have already gone to Ta...or was it Ihu-Koro they were going to? Rekh- Vandal couldn't remember. He just felt tired.

Kathok

IC: Enforcer.

"Yay," I say, admittedly more than a little sarcastic. "Now that's out of the way, who will accompany me to Ihu-Koro?"

IC: The Champion (Obsidian Outpost)

It's clear that Varan had done something to Zero and others in the past. It's not my problem, however, so I don't care. Instead, I would like to train my combat skills, but the courtyard is going to be occupied for a yet another trial. Thankfully, Enforcer needs help, so I don't have to sit around watching the boring fight. Well, searching for a healer in some god-forsaken village isn't that interesting either, but it's better. "I shall. We can go after I get my equipment ready. How far away is this 'Ihu-koro?'" I ask.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

"Thank you." the newest Outsider said simply, before wandering off. As she watched him go, Transient came to take his place.

"I-I'm sorry, my leader," he said, his voice low so as not to attract attention. "I attacked him. I instigated the fight. I deserve..." The Toa lingered on the word. "...Punishment."

"Oh quit feeling sorry for yourself." Zero scolded him gently. "You know I want to kill him just as much as you do."

Suddenly, a deep and unfamiliar voice caught her off guard. "Hey uh... are you Zero?"

She whirled around to see a huge hulk of a... creature... staring down at her. He somewhat resembled a Skakdi, but he had huge pinchers like a crab, and was all in all far more monstrous.

"Why yes, I am." she said carefully. A steady trickle of blood from his shoulder was dripping onto the white snow beneath his feet. "You look like you are in need of some medical attention."

She looked around, wondering who had let the beast in. Veteran and the cloaked Toa had seemingly left for Ta-Koro already, and Enforcer and Champion seemed to be preparing for a trip to Ihu-Koro. She took a quick glance back at Transient, then sighed.

"Follow me." she said to the creature. 

As she was making her way towards the nearest door, something caused her to stop abruptly, and then break into a run. 

"Forger!"

She knelt down next him, grunting slightly as she lifted his body out of the snow. He appeared to be barely conscious, his pulse faint.

"Transient, give me a hand! We need to get him inside, now!"

Adrenaline had kicked into her system already, however, and she was carrying him on her own with apparent ease. 

IC: Transient

"Transient, give me a hand!"

Hearing his voice called by Zero, the Toa turned and saw Forger, his friend - his brother - lying in the snow.

Transient's heartlight stopped with fear. Rushing to the Zero's side, Transient gently gathered Forger from Zero.

"Allow me, my leader," he said as he relieved Zero of the burden.

"Don't die on me, my brother," the Toa mumbled worriedly. "You're one of the few friends I have left."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC: Revekk (Ihu-Koro)

I had waited at the gate for a time, but when the realization got to me that the Maru wouldn't return, I started looking for a way out of the village myself. Death was the only thing I'd find here now.

It still stung, the feeling of leaving the fight, even a losing battle, to save myself, but Oreius Maru's words still rung true in my mind. There was no point in staying, and a Toa who fought a losing battle would be wasting strength he could lend elsewhere.

My first thought as I jogged out through the gates of Ko-Koro was to see if any refugees were still attempting to flee through the snow, having something to focus on would help me drag my own tired body through the drifts.

I found more than I'd bargained for when I ran across a large group of refugees and battered soldiers who were making their escape. Their beaten, pained expressions saying more than any words could.

"If you're running from that accursed village, get in line and start walking" one of the soldiers, holding his side, grunted. I simply nodded and did as he asked.

The walk was long and slow, and I was too tired to think. All I could focus on was moving my feet, putting one in front of the other.

Quite frankly, I didn't want to think either, I was angry and tired and frustrated all at once.

We arrived at another village, a mining settlement I had heard about once or twice, where I after a longer period of standing near the warm rock walls slipping in and out of consciousness was shown to an improvised bed.

I dropped down and blacked out.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Forger

The adrenaline from Varan's reappearance fading, the Fe-Toa sinks back into a half-conscious state before being picked up by... Someone, someone strong and gentle. And kind of soft. The snow was starting to get rather comfortable, his aches and pains and frigid body gradually warming. His mind felt a little fuzzy, but he was in a good place.

"Don't die on me, my brother, you're one of the few friends I have left."

He is handed off to a rather crude and spiky individual, this jolts him awake. He can hear... Transient mumbling.

"Glad... To know you think of me that way.."

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

I laugh. "Bugger off?" I ask Champion. "I think you've been listening to Veteran too much." I see Zero and Transient carrying Forger back inside, and take it as my cue to leave. "Come on," I tell Champion, and start walking out of the fortress. 

Within a few hours, we've made the trip up to Ihu-Koro. The gates are open, which may be a good or bad sign. "Hello?" I ask warily, taking off my helmet and walking approaching the gates cautiously. I'm not sure what might await the two of us inside. It could be the local villagers, or the invaders might have already moved on from Ko-Koro, or even refugees. Whichever it was, they might not be too trusting of a pair of well-armed Vortixx. 

I stop just inside the gates, Champion right beside me. "Is anyone here?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Faora

Faora frowned at Verulas' words, feeling her cheeks warm slightly.

"As if I'm some animal without moral code."

She glanced at Zealot and then walked to a chair. She sat down and crossed her arms, trying not to look as uncomfortable as she felt.

Despite knowing she was supposed to watch Ayar and Scholar, she found her eyes drifting toward Zealot. Her eyes stopped on the pocket he had reached into that time he had spoken of loss.

That time when she... yeah.

She wanted to ask about it, but as she opened her mouth, she realized she didn't really know him well enough to ask such an obviously personal question. So she closed her mouth and tried to keep her attention on Ayar and Scholar.

Tried.

• Upvote 2

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC Zealot 

The toa of ice sat in the room as the outside world passed him by. He would have been honored to be outside, serving his new family. But they had made it abundantly clear where they wanted him. 

Veneras took out his pipe, packing it in with his thumb 

"You don't mind, do you?" he asked, lifting the pipe up subtly. "Might as well have something to pass the time"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

"I'm not sure," she said. "I would assume we need another healer..." She glanced at the door. "I guess I could go figure out what's going on."

That would mean leaving h--

STOP.

She stood up and headed for the door. "Are you fine watching them by yourself?"

She wanted to slap herself for asking such a stupid question. It's not like they are going to do anything in their current state.

• Upvote 2

IC:

As they entered the west wing, Zero rushed into the largest room. Here, there was a dining table, and a counter that was usually used for food preparation. The Su-Skakdi frantically ripped through cabinets in search of medical supplies. 

"Lay him down." she demanded, uncorking a bottle of ointment. It was made up of a rare assortment of plant oils, and functioned as a strong disinfectant. "He was able to brush off most of Vandal's laser rifle shots, but one got him good in the gut."

The Fa-Toa's new name suited him. She had specified that the goal was not to kill his opponent, but he had seriously bent the rules by causing this much damage.

IC Zealot

"Well it's not like anyone out there is missing me anyway," Zealot shrugged, "I've been alone for years. Why stop now?" Clenching his pipe in his teeth, Zealot pulled out his journal and his pen; ready to reflect on the troublles and trials that have continued to test him on this day of pain.

• Upvote 1

--Character Profiles--

Faora stopped walking, her eyes fixed on Zealot.

Why stop now? Because I'm here.

She glanced at the doorway and then waved her hand, suddenly changing her mind. "Ah, never--" A lump in her throat briefly interrupted her. "Never mind. I'm sure they know what they're doing and will be here soon enough with help."

She walked back to the chair and sat down, the sweet scent of Zealot's tobacco filling her nostrils for the first time. Maybe the enhanced scent was playing with her, but she found her mind spinning. His words, spoken so matter-of-factly, had struck something within her. She knew what it was to be alone. Worse yet, she knew what it was to be lonely. But it had never really bothered her. As long as she had work, she didn't mind. Now...

Zealot.

Against her better judgment, she felt like she needed to say something. Glancing down at her hands, she quietly said, "You're not alone anymore, Zealot. At least..." She looked up at him. "You don't have to be."

Not while I'm alive.

• Upvote 5

I laugh. "Bugger off?" I ask Champion. "I think you've been listening to Veteran too much." I see Zero and Transient carrying Forger back inside, and take it as my cue to leave. "Come on," I tell Champion, and start walking out of the fortress.

Within a few hours, we've made the trip up to Ihu-Koro. The gates are open, which may be a good or bad sign. "Hello?" I ask warily, taking off my helmet and walking approaching the gates cautiously. I'm not sure what might await the two of us inside. It could be the local villagers, or the invaders might have already moved on from Ko-Koro, or even refugees. Whichever it was, they might not be too trusting of a pair of well-armed Vortixx.

I stop just inside the gates, Champion right beside me. "Is anyone here?"

IC: "The question ain't who's here, it's who ain't."

The gate guard, a scrawny Vortixx in the plain, off white uniform of the Ihu-Koronan Highlanders looked up from wrapping a bandage around a badly bleeding arm, gesturing with his good hand to the throng of refugees around the gates of the city.

"Seems like the whole #### population of Ko-Koro packed up and ended up here. Whatcha fine people need?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Alright, this is going to sting a little."

She then poured a small portion of the liquid onto Forger's open wound. After that was done, she began unwrapping a roll of gauze in preparation to wrap him up.

"Nialus, I need you to lift him again so that I can wrap up his wound. With all these new people around, there are a lot of germs floating around in the air. Wouldn't want it to get infected."

• Upvote 1

IC Zealot

Loneliness. Dependence. 

Both difficult topics for Ko-Toa.

Zealot was no exception. In fact, he was rather exemplary. 

The toa of ice leaned forward, resting his forarms on his knees

"I know," Zealot looked down at his smoldering pipe "I have the Outsiders now." he seemed unconvinced "Family"

• Upvote 3

--Character Profiles--

"We had a group of refugees come through our outpost further down the mountain," I reply, "we sent them across to Ta-Koro. Unfortunately, some of our own people are injured as well. I was sent here to see if there were any healers available." I look around at the group of refugees; many of them are injured, some badly so. Even if there was a healer here at Ihu-Koro, there was little chance of them being free to help out at Obsidian. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Zealot

Loneliness. Dependence. 

Both difficult topics for Ko-Toa.

Zealot was no exception. In fact, he was rather exemplary. 

The toa of ice leaned forward, resting his forarms on his knees

"I know," Zealot looked down at his smoldering pipe "I have the Outsiders now." he seemed unconvinced "Family"

Did he believe that?

"You could have more than just family," she said softly.

• Upvote 3

IC: "Sorry, mate, but we can't spare-"

"Sergeant, we can spare at least one."

The Vortixx scrambled to stand and salute, but a hand on his shoulder pushed him back down. Tamara looked the Enforcer up and down, and sighed as she walked around from behind the Highlander.

"We have to hold every outpost we can, even if they aren't ours. Find Murrae and tell her that she needs to take a quick trip, and to get her supplies." Now she let the Vortixx stand and rush off.

"Won't be more than a couple of minutes. What outpost, may I ask?"

BZPRPG Profiles

"We call it Obsidian, because of how black the rocks are. It's a small place we built up around the Ko-Wahi cable car station. We don't want something like that falling into enemy hands, after all.." I chose my words carefully. 

• Upvote 1

IC Zealot

The De-Lesterin usually spoke softly, but had he not been listening he would not have heard her entirely.

You could have more than just family,"

Zealot looked up and smiled, "I once had such blessing" Zealot reached his hand back into his pocket; not nervously this time, but softly "Before."
His eyes suddenly downcast his voice ran cold "But Mata Nui saw fit to take that all away"

--Character Profiles--

IC:

"Alright, this is going to sting a little."

She then poured a small portion of the liquid onto Forger's open wound. After that was done, she began unwrapping a roll of gauze in preparation to wrap him up.

"Nialus, I need you to lift him again so that I can wrap up his wound. With all these new people around, there are a lot of germs floating around in the air. Wouldn't want it to get infected."

IC: Transient

Without a word, Transient did so, his muscles straining underneath Forger's weight.

"Jeez, brother - lose some weight, would ya?"

IC Forger

It would be difficult for the author to write out Forger's cries of agony, disinfectant is quite painful stuff.

After several minutes of cursing and bandaging, he regains his composure. "Don't be too harsh on Vandal... My gut tells me he'll be a good addition to the team."

Transient rolled his eyes. "For the love of Mata Nui..."

IC:

"Don't be too harsh on Vandal... My gut tells me he'll be a good addition to the team."

Even death's door can't keep Langmuir's sense of humor at bay.

Zero couldn't help but laugh. 

"Guess that stuff did the trick, huh?" she said mockingly. "C'mon, let's get this soldier to his room before he cracks himself up and breaks another rib."