BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Because using wind to even lift myself off the ground requires a lot of effort. I'd need a glider to be able to get anywhere." The doctor mulled over the answer, finally nodding. "I see your point, though. Even then, it wouldn't really be flying the way a bird flies."

IC:

"Nope! So here we are. With the same mask and nothing to do." Tillian casually yawned and covered his mouth with the back of his hand. "I'm glad you're here, though."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"... Nothing to do? We're on a surfboard, it's a beautiful Ga-Wahi day, and we're already at the beach. There's plenty to do." The Le-Toa paused, smiling slightly as she sat upright again and released control of her mask. "I'm glad to be here, though."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Til grinned and threw an arm around Liara's shoulders, but there was an uncharacteristic pensive glint in the easy-going Toa of Gravity's eyes.

"Soooo...Liara. Doc. Girl friday. I wanted to say, uh...since we're out in the water and far away from civilization and all...I know it feels like you were my last pick and all, and from the outside in it kind of looks like it too. So I hope you take solace in the fact that I'm an idiot. A primo idiot beach bum who can't see a good thing when it's staring him in the face and backhanding him. And that, y'know...that I'm gonna do all I can to not have to pick again."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Mirra.

While Kalyss and Mura had been asking questions, Mirra had been studying the armour worn by the new arrivals. It was definitely crystal, and that gave her an idea.

Focusing her elemental energies, she created layers of crystal over her own armour, moulding and reshaping it until she was satisfied that it looked similar to that of the Dasaka.

"What do you think?" she asked Kalyss, Mura and the Dasaka they'd been talking to.

IC: Daijuno / Ga-Koro

I raised an eyebrow at the Toa's display, weighing whether or not the cultural appropriation was worth getting angry about (if I wanted to make a deal on this island: not yet), saying nothing while I took a drag on my cigarette (it was almost down to the filter). Lazily, I cast my gaze over to Aki, checking for a reaction on the Dasaka's face, before turning my attention back to the native.

"I'll let the crystal smith field this one," I drawled.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

The Le-Toa was incredibly quiet, the sound of her toes swishing through the water the only disturbance to the silence. The moment stretched on long enough that it was almost awkward, leaving the Ba-Toa with no idea what to think. Then in a single motion, she pulled him into a tight embrace resting her chin on his shoulder.

"... Thanks, Til."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

Tillian hugged Liara tightly and patted the back of her neck, somewhat put off by the amount of affection she'd been giving off today...the good kind of off-put, but still. The Sentinel stood up, pulling the Toa of Air up with him and wrapping his arms around her stomach to steady her.

"You still can't surf for , though," he said. "I'm gonna have to fix that if we're gonna be together. You gon' learn today."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Soraya [Ga-Koro]

Poor guy; his attempt to get on board had been about as subtle as a brick through a window.  In front of three dozen dyemakers.  Look, it was one time - not important.

"Hey now," Soraya cut in, "don't be so frosty about the whole thing, Sinsh.  Can't blame someone for wanting to do a bit of commerce."  Not that that stopped ninety percent of the Archipelago's inhabitants.  Hey! If she was really lucky, she'd actually get to hear someone say the word 'saihoko' like it wasn't a curse. 

She grinned at the never-gonna-be-a-Da-oh, fine, the Matoran.  "Yo, Gir.  I know we've all gotta go through the song and dance right now, but seriously - once things cool down a bit, if you're looking for trade, that's what I do.  We can work something out."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC Girah:

"Yo, Gir. I know we've all gotta go through the song and dance right now, but seriously - once things cool down a bit, if you're looking for trade, that's what I do. We can work something out."

Girah beamed. Exactly what he wanted to hear. "That sounds excellent! What sort of wares might you trade? What might you want? I mean, I know the Island pretty well. I can get you almost anything. Natural resources, refined ores, manufactured goods, clothing, books, weapons, armor, boats, rahi, fruit, services, maps-" The Matoran was chattering at a Kio a minute.

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

OOC: I assume that the Dasaka aren't common knowledge (I know they arrive once before, but that wasn't well known...was it? - correct me if I'm wrong)

IC: (Mura)

Mura was about to say "Dasa-what?" but realised it was pretty cliche.

"Um...and what is that?"

IC: Asa

"Uh..."

"You tell me what a Matoran is and I'll tell you what a Dasaka is."

"Um...me, I'm a matoran..." He gestured to himself. "We make up mosta the people who live here." He gestured to Kalyss and Mirra, who he noticed was now wearing crystal armour.

"They're toa. Like...matoran who have gained power...and stuff..."

Kathok

IC:

.:There it is again. Asa, someone here is accessing the mental plane. Not one of us.:. Sinshi's eyes focused, almost razor sharp, on the group of beings loosely surrounding the group of Dasaka, searching for the source. Every time the plane was accessed, she grew a little closer. 

They were close.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Kalyss mentally reeled from the intrusion. She was used to having someone else speak in her head, but Vakua was softer... more benign. "That's... very interesting." She didn't know if her mind was still being felt, but inviting company couldn't hurt. She mentally screamed Vakua's name.

Vakua stepped back, rubbing his mask. What? What is it?

Some of them have telepathy. Like yours, but different. I don't know if you're the only one hearing this.

That would certainly explain why I cannot pick up on any of these Dasaka. If they are all psychic, as you imply, it might be a species-wide trait.

If you aren't picking up on them, and they can do the exact same things you can do with your mask, that is one of our major force multipliers nullified. Karz, your powers are just in your mask- These warriors still have kanohi!

Well, sometimes kanohi can outclass our elemental powers in a specific way. Remember masks of Levitation and Flight yield better results than someone flying by, say, Gravity or Air. Not to mention the time Casanuva threw himself out a window when we were training.

Don't! We don't know if my mind is being read right now!

We trained for Mata Nui knows how long. I'm sure you've been dealing with me for so long you know when someone is in your head.

The times, they are a-changing...

There was something odd about Asa's sentence - it was as if she had spoke halfway through an explanation. Mura dismissed this. Those of the Dasakas' homeland might not speak the same as us, just like how lesterin and vortixx speak differently to us...

He frowned when Kalyss flinched slightly at nothing and then when Asa looked confused.

"Is something wrong?"

Kathok

IC:

.:It's not Ideatalk. If it was Ideatalk, we could hear it.:. The Menti paused, trying to find the words to relay the 'sound' being produced, even as she thought. Finally, at a loss, she relayed the abstract sensation across the mental plane. A feeling similar to their own Ideatalk or Willhammers, but somehow, not right. .:There it is again. It has to be one of these Toa.:.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Vakua's head twitched as his hearing picked up Asa's words. He then realized that she was talking to Mura.

Kalyss, someone is asking your matoran friend if he knows someone with telepathy.

I'm aware of that, I'm right here. I'm sure he means well, but we can't risk it.

Got it. Vakua let go of Kalyss's mind, and sought out Mura's.

Mura? Listen to me. Do not tell them about my mask. I think I might be able to protect your mind if they do something, these strangers are psychic.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

"I am many things. I'm a doctor, I'm a musician, I'm a show-off, and I am probably the definition of pride." The Le-Toa counted the descriptors off on her fingers, extending them one-by-one. "I'm a former criminal, and I'm an incredibly snarky person."

"I'm not broody."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Mura opened his mouth to answer, then closed it again as he recieved the mental message. 

"Eh?...um...no, I can't think of anyone..." he hadn't been able to conceal his shocked expression as the message entered his head, but he did his best to sound believable.

Kathok

IC:

"I don't have to listen to this slander." Liara leaned back, laying down on the surfboard but keeping her legs folded just enough to leave room for the Be-Toa. "I reject your opinion with my own."

IC:

.:I don't think this 'Matoran' is being truthful. He started to answer, then stopped. I think he arrived with those Toa, maybe one of them?:.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I think I'll find my own surfboard." Casually, she used the folded position of her legs to, quite suddenly, push the unsuspecting Ba-Toa off of the board. "Found one."

fK5oqYf.jpg