BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"You mistake," Sinshi forced out through clenched, slowly relaxing teeth. She did not move to stand down. Not just out of anger because at this point, standing down ran the risk of opening themselves up to enemy action. Shajs' movements had not been lost on her, and her faith in the Skakdi as a neutral party had vanished. "Fury for ill health."

"And you," The Menti addressed Kalyss, eyes flicking to her position. "My problem with your brother is that he has committed one of the gravest offenses a being can commit. He has entered my mind without my permission nor my consent. Duels have been for less. Were this my homeland, were this anything but a diplomatic mission, I would do the same here and now."

"Watch where you tread, false Menti." Painfully slowly, she forced her breathing to slow and her muscles to begin to relax. She did not relinquish the grip on her sword, now less out of anger and more out of caution. "I will spare your comrade the taste of my anger. Not for him. Not for you, but out of respect for the mission that the Lady Hanako has come here on."

IC:

"That's a false hope."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: (Mons Shajs)

Shajs released his hand off the grip of his sword. He had overreacted, it seemed. He needed to try and calm this situation...

"I apol'ogize profusely if I'a caused ya alarm, or offense," he said, calming down. "...Profusely-I hav'a never seen anythin' lika this in me life. I didn'ta know what wus happenin', and had fear for tha people I hav'a sworn ta defend. I hope ya understand, ma'am, 'an hope we can getta past this act 'o grave misunderstandin'."

He came forward a bit, and cautiously extended his hand.  

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Kalyss let out several sparks in rage. "Anger? You want anger, you arrogant-"

Vakua snapped his finger, and his sister went silent. She continued gesticulating, of course, but Vakua nullified the sound between his sister and the... Menti. He lifted his visor, squinting in the sunlight. He looked right at Sinshi. Vakua tapped his mask twice, then pointed at her head. He then waved his finger between them, and waved his hands, palms up, waiting for her reply.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Asa

"I-I..."

Asa dropped to her knees.

"I must apologize. I believe it was myself that started this whole fiasco. If I had not been so eager to demonstrate the discipline of Willhammer to the-"

Ic:

As the situation escalated, Aeolus and Arden nervously watched, their imperfect control over their unique element being influenced by their sudden anxiety as steam began to roll off their body.

They awkwardly shuffled towards Asa.

"Say... You said you're a healer, yes?" Arden asked softly.

"... Yes?"

IC:

"How's that been working out for you?"

IC:

For a few moments, Sinshi stared at the proffered hand, unsure of what to do with it. The gesture was more than a little foreign, but she dimly recalled seeing 'Matoran' in the market making a similar gesture. Cautiously, she let go of her sword and shook his hand. "... In your position, I would have reacted similarly. Caution, it seems, is universal."

Her eyes narrowed at Kalyss, and even further at Vakua's movement. After a long, long pause, she gave the faintest of nods. Her mind was not exactly welcoming, but it was open enough to permit communication.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Giving a curt nod, he stepped back cautiously, and began to survey the situation with a broader view. The Dasaka seemed to have her wrath pointed towards a pair of Toa, one of whom was screaming at the foreigner. Quietly. One, it seemed, was a Sonic Toa, the other either a Fire or Plasma Toa. One seemed angry, the other neutral. He was making strange movements, to Shajs' suspicion. He came forward, keeping a firm posture, he'd talk to these two Toa, he'd settle this situation as good as he could.

"Now'a sir," he said to Vakua. "This'a foreign dignitary seems ta be of tha belief that'a you are enterin' her mind. P'lease, explain this ta me."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Well, I did not think you would understand De-Matoran sign as you obviously misinterpreted a question to talk, but I digress. I apologize for my ignorance towards your customs, and my sister's behavior. She only wishes to protect our team. Now, is there any other way I can ask for permission to communicate with your people? A way that won't get me in a duel?

Flipping down his visor, he addressed the Skakdi's question directly. My mask grants me telepathy. I can project my thoughts into others' minds, and in turn can perceive their thoughts. It turns out that entering minds as I did uninvited is a grave cultural insult.

Kalyss simmered down when it was obvious that Vakua had put up a null sonics field around her, and relaxed when the Menti took Vakua's hand. "I hope you've worked something out"

Meanwhile, Casanuva was having absolutely no luck finding Nunonu. He had searched almost half the Koro, but came across the gathering near the submarine. Spotting his teammates, but not his Onu-Matoran friend, he sighed and made his way towards them. Who were these newcomers? Mostly... ladies! A lot of them in armor, but he'd charmed his way past more. He thought. The memory thing was still getting in the way sometimes. Vakua was even shaking hands with one of them! Vakua was always shy, this was pretty unusual. Making his way through the crowd, he put on his best handsome smile.

It was a bizarre feeling, hearing the Toa's words in his head.

"Now'a sir, could ya please stop intrudin' inta tha dignitaries' minds? Isa that posse'ble?"

OOC: Sinshi post tomorrow. It's pushing midnight where I am, and I just don't have one in me tonight.

IC:

"You're defeating your own point." Liara commented offhandedly, using her mask to glide about the air in graceful circles, occasionally running a finger or toe through the water, still looking at Tillian.

"Your eloquence truly never ceases to amaze."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Akimoto)

"Anger? You want anger, you arrogant-"

One of the natives snapped his fingers, and the angry Menti just went silent. Her mouth was still moving, but nothing was coming out. Aki's eyes were as wide a dinner plates: could these natives control very nature of sound itself? How many powers did they have? Creating metal, controlling water, killing sound... their powers were no less extraordinary for their strangeness.

Her amazement tempered the anger that she'd felt when the native had dared to insult Sinshi. To slight one Dasaka was to insult their entire party, and to insult their party was to disparage their nation. 

OOC: Guess I got left behind a bit =P

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

When I finally figured out what was going on, I didn't put up a face any more welcoming than the rest of the group. Sinshi had just been exposed to one of the less glamorous parts of my old job. People who felt like just because they had important business to discuss they could ignore millennia-old rules.

Kama didn't think much of it, either, snapping with her beak at the Toa.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Mirra.

Deciding not to provoke the newcomers any further, Mirra quickly reshaped her armour, absorbing the crystals she'd created earlier so that she no longer looked like one of the Dasaka. There was no need to raise tensions higher than they already were. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Vesun

Vesun stood up. It seemed the Marines were done interviewing, and so he left the HQ. Once outside, he realized there was a large crowd of the natives and the newcomers. Some sort of gathering seemed to have centered on Vakua. He walked over, and as he arrived, he noticed the telepathic Toa and one of the submersible's crew were holding hands. "Hello, Vakua. What's going on?"

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Tuli

(Ga-Koro, Marine HQ):

Kirgan watched as Vesun left the building and hastily followed him.

Meanwhile, Tuli came out of the interrogation room and told everyone present that the interviews were over.

"Vesun and Kirgan went outside", Khervos told Tuli as the Ta-Matoran approached him. "Should we follow them?"

Tuli shrugged. "I think they're going to see Vakua. Now that Vesun has found a telepath, I guess we won't be of any use to him."

"You want to return to the forge, don't you?"

Tuli nodded. "Yes, I think Ferron could use my help. Anyway, we should go and say bye to Vesun and return to Onu-Koro."

IC: Vakua smiled and nodded at Vesun.

Oh, the usual. Nearly causing a diplomatic incident because I talked to someone. I have good news, we might have found beings that can give a second opinion on your condition.

Casanuva walked in between Kalyss and Vakua, putting his hands on their shoulders. "Well, making first contact without me! I'm hurt. I think some introductions are in order!" Kalyss glared at him, Casanuva shrugged if off disarmingly.

OOC: Got left behind a bit :P

IC: (Mura)

Mura was somewhat glad to see Casanova had returned, but there was no sign of his Onu-Matoran companion...

Now that the mental argument had subsided a little, Mura relaxed.

He noticed some of the odd looks Vakua's silencing powers were getting from the newcomers. But he was interested in these "psionic disciplines Asa had mentioned.

"So...what are these power you have that you were talking about?" he asked the dasaka.

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: Asa

"Agh, one at a time please..." Asa thought. "The doctor's patience..."

"Okay. Soulsword can make weapons out of energy. Sighteye can create illusions to fool all five senses. Mindarm can use telekinesis. Willhammer can invade other people's minds for either telepathy, mind control, or memory manipulation."

"Back to you. What powers do your toa have?"

Edited by namcurtsnoC

IC: (Mura)

Those sound like...Matatus and Mahikis and Komaus and masks like those...

"They have...elemental powers. Like your's, but instead of being to do with the mind, they...are to do with the forces of nature, aspects of the universe, that kind of thing..."

From Asa's expression, he could see that he needed to elaborate.

"Fire, water, lightning, iron...that kind of thing." He tried to remember all the elements...from what he could remember of his home, there had been a lot less back there.

"Right, there's- " he took a deep breath " - Fire, water, earth, stone, air, ice, magnetism, gravity, iron, plantlife, plasma - that's me - crystal...um...lightning, smoke, although I've only ever met one being like that...I think that's it."

Kathok

IC: See these toa-like creatures? I believe they are called Menti. They lack elemental powers, but they seem to have access to one of four manifestations of mental power. One creates swords out of mental energy, one can affect the mind to make illusions, one can affect the environment much like a Matatu, The last seems to be what they call a Willhammer, able to affect minds. Like my telepathy, but even greater in power and skill. This is probably where they got their aversion to... uninvited thoughts, like mine.

Casanuva sauntered up to where Mura was talking to the slender Menti. "You can normally tell a being's element by colors, but not always. For example, Earth is often associated with black, but so is Gravity, though they tend to have more purple. Creatures of Magnetism, such as a Fa-Toa like myself, are normally associated with gunmetal and black, though I'm mostly blue, with some gunmetal. Blue, in turn, is associated with Water, as you can probably tell by most of the natives here. While Toa have the lion's share of powers, even Matoran like Mura here," patting the su-matoran on the back, "have some elemental power. Like, he can resist heat a Karz of a lot better than most other beings. Fa-matoran, like I once was, can navigate very well due to our internal compass."

Casanuva gestured to Vakua, who was conversing with the Ba-Toa. "De-matoran have it pretty bad, though. They get overly sensitive hearing. Vakua there got some unusual qualities, though, with sensitive eyesight and the inability to vocalize. Neither bothered him much, but its why he wears the tinted visor and sound-dampening headphones now. And why he got that mask. I've never seen someone else wear it, but it allows him to talk to others via telepathy."

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

IC: Tyrus / Center of Town

"Indeed," Tyrus added, glancing back to Tarkah before giving Talli a smile. It was warmer than the one he'd given the newest private; he'd practiced this one in the reflection of a medical tray while his arm was being healed, and he felt that it was quite convincing. "Private Tarkah here was just filling me in on these imperial envoys we now find on our doorstep.

"Speaking of which," the Lesterin added, "I hear that we have you to thank for providing our friend with a name. I imagine the bureaucrats are breathing a sigh of relief."

Maintaining the smile, he proffered a hand to the Ga-Matoran.

-Void

[Ga-Koro, Center of Town]

Talli tentatively shook the Lesterin’s hand.  The smile looked strange on his serious face.

“It was nothing really.”

She sighed.  “I was just going back to my house to help my mom with dinner.”

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC:

I would recommend relaying through an intermediary. Your... A pause, and the tone of the next 'words' carried a much more intentionally restrained connotation. ... Sister, perhaps, if she can manage not to cause an incident herself. I would suggest she be careful, as well. Her words edge dangerously closely to insulting the Honor of this expedition, something my compatriots would react to no better than I.

Though she had taken the time to relay those words to Vakua, she was also watching her surroundings. She pushed her sword back all the way into its sheath, and crossed her arms across her chest. Several new arrivals had come, seemingly involved with the prior group, and she watched them with caution. These beings may not, as of yet, be a foe, but she did not consider them to be allies.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Vakua nodded and relayed Sinshi's instructions to Kalyss, who breathed deeply. These people had a very stringent emphasis on 'honor'.

"I'm sorry for my outburst, my brothers and I have had a... long and stressful night. We've had, um..."

You could say we have lost a teammate, Vakua relayed to them both.

Kalyss looked surprised, then nodded grimly in acceptance.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

It seemed like the situation had resolved itself. He noticed the conversation some of these more troublesome Toa were having with one of the 'Menti', about elements. He turned to face her.

"I'ma Kru-Skakdi, or Skakdi 'o Crystal. Unlike 'em Toa, I cannota exactly use me element, not alone, atta tha least."