BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Hammerlock

I rub my jaw thoughtfully.

What I really think is that, all things considered, it'd probably be easiest to just prowl around and let other teams do the hunting, then pop their skulls at three hundred yards with a heavy crossbow and make tracks with the loot. Dead easy. And no one's gonna be asking questions when a handful of amateur Rahkshi hunters turn up missing.

Problem with that is, I'm no sniper and I've got no friends who are.

Meh.

"Putting a hole through the carapace shouldn't be a huge problem, if we could somehow immobilize the Rahkshi exoskeleton itself."

Another few moments of thought, then:

"Do Kraata breathe? I wonder if an airborne nerve toxin would be effective."

• Upvote 1

IC: Trava (Wise Man's Archive)

Trava bit her lip at the mention of the word 'immobilize'. To her, it sounded an awful lot like 'trapping', as in 'robbing someone of their freedom of movement'. She didn't like that, she didn't use traps when out on regular hunts.

But then again, if she was already contemplating hunting down Rahkshi for money, and were they even Rahi in the first place?

She decided to shelve the matter for the moment and wait until she'd learned more, and actually seen one for herself. Until then, she was more than happy to discuss kill methods with her fellow Lesterin.

"Not that I know of, but it's worth looking into" she replied as she walked closer to where he had the big tome open.

"I don't suppose that big book has some pretty pictures of the things we're looking for?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Skoll

Sajis, the loquacious little matoran had mentioned her name a couple of times now, though from where he recognized her was a mystery. In contrast, the ussalry women had been completely silent, content to observe. An intelligent move. "My name is Skoll, I'm afraid I don't have many spare widgets. The real pay in engineering is the joy of the job." He grinned slightly, deciding to banish any nagging thoughts to the bottom of his mind. "I wouldn't mind accompanying you though, maybe we can talk books, the proprietors aren't too worried about window shopping down here."

...but close to it

"Uh, not sure. Let me check..."

I shift my position slightly so Trava can see the book too, and quickly thumb through the pages. After a moment's search I find what she's looking for. An artist's rendition in full color, skillfully emblazoned across the top of the chapter's title page:

Comic_Rahkshi.png

"Pretty neat, huh?"

• Upvote 1

"Yep, that's precisely what it is" Trava replied as she studied what she could gleam of the proportions and designs of the suits from the illustration. Whomever made the drawing hadn't spared any detail, it was as if they wanted to impress upon the wiever the same feeling of awe they themselves had gotten from seeing the creatures up close.

These things were no less than battle machines. Malicious constructs purely designed for the purpose of war. While her qualms about how to 'treat' them once again dimmed in her mind, they gave place to a new sensation.

Admiration.

The Rahkshi, their purpose and origin be ######, were perfectly suited to their situation. She traced the reptilian face of one of the figures with her finger, followed the elegantly designed but absolutely lethal blade points to the tip, saw the strength contained in the wiry limbs.

"However designed these things is a genius" she said with a hint of awe.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: "Anything else y'all wanna know?"

IC:

Rynekk had already started dragging a chair over to Gavarm's desk when the first files landed on his end. He had just finished sitting on its edge and opening the file on the Brotherhood when the second pair were tossed alongside their brethren. The Toa's heart sunk as new unknowns filled his head. Sure, he had, in his hunting, heard whispers of a sect of determined Makuta worshippers. Of course, expeditions into the files of the Sentinels had shed light on the cultists of Ak'Rei'An. But nothing Rynekk Simul had heard could have possibly led him to believe that either could have become such a potent fighting force so as to take Ko-Koro like it had.

And that wasn't even starting on the Vault and the Piraka.

That wasn't even counting the captives.

Pages flicked through his fingers as fast as bullets spat from machine guns, digits thrumming and moving between documents and memoranda with the speed that only a Kakama and a guilty conscience could provide. For several long moments, the Toa didn't even look up at Gavarm; his eyes remained fixed on the dossiers, seeming to move as fast as his fingers in scanning their contents. It didn't seem possible for him to have read as much as he had in as short a time as he had.

Then, with the solemnity of a pallbearer, Rynekk tossed the dossier on the captive situation back onto the pile. He sagged forward, one arm dangling over his knee, the other resting on his thigh and acting as the only thing propping his head up.

"No," was what he said. His voice was hollow, toneless. "No, I think this covers just about everything. Thank you, Gavarm."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Gavarm frowned.

Rynekk had died to a painful reality, and he needed reanimation before his ghost did something destructive.

What would Tarnok or Sulov say?

"Listen, old sport," Gavarm began gently.

"Ah can't undo what happened, an' as someone workin' on settin' things raht, Ah can sure as karz tell ya givin' everyone what they deserve is gonna take a lot. This ain't a trumped-up dark god who gets beat by a couple o' Toa. Y'all're justifahd ta feel mis'rable."

He leaned forward, entering a conspiratorial whisper, and as the idea his body had sensed coalesced, he willed his accent depart. "But I can give you hope, if you're willing to hear it."

Edited by The Scottish Play

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:

It was a subtle start in Rynekk, but a start nonetheless.

Slowly, as though afraid that Gavarm's word had been a glassy illusion which would be smashed by a sudden movement, the Toa raised his head and looked at the Colonel with eyes that held, despite themselves, hope.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Savfina & Blackheart

The Turaga almost bumped into one of the members of a group forming along one of the roads exiting the Koro, but managed to steer the mech away at the last moment.

She stopped and raised the windscreen.

"I sincerely apologize; it can be difficult to see in this thing."

OOC: Ilyin & Co.

IC: Savfina & Blackheart

OOC: Ilyin & Co.

IC:

It would come to be known that she had actually nearly bumped into Peho Eniblad, who, hearing a voice behind him, turned around and automatically beamed at the strange new being. His smile only widened when he saw the strange contraption that they seemed to be wearing (unless that was actually their body and their head had been transplanted into it) [was that even possible?!], and his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

"No worries, friend!" he said quickly. "But what is the ... thing you're talking about? Is it the thing you're walking in?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Oliphko (Cave)

Oh Mata Nui. Not combat. "Uh.. I'm not sure about this, Ferron" I say and look at his pickaxe like if it was a terrifying Rahi. "I'm not very good with fighting.. does a Toa even need to fight? Strength isn't a virtue, after all.."

IC: Ferron (Cave)

"It's important not to understate the importance and wide-spread application of a Toa's duty," Ferron replied, "I've known battle since the very beginning of my time as a Toa. Quite frankly, I think it's very likely that sooner or later you will have to fight, if only to save your life. The island is dangerous enough yet."

"So think of it as a matter of covering all the bases. If you want to focus your efforts as a Toa in other ways, I won't stop you, but you should have a grasp on everything you might be called upon to do"

Then, he smiled.

"You're not afraid of an old man, are you?"

OoC: Yeah I'm not dead. Sorry for not saying anything about my absense.

"I'm not," she replied, "I'm afraid of your weapon". She sighed, sat there on the ground for a moment and then hesitantly stood up. "Fine. I'll do it, but just this one time. And there's a problem.. My staff is, well, still broken. And I only have a knife in my bag. A knife I mosty use for peeling oranges."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

Blah blah blah contraption blah blah something about overwhelming curiousity. The Toa didn't understand all of the words, but he managed to get a fair picture of what the lady in the wicked armour was talking about.

After all, Peho knew all about overwhelming curiousity himself!

"What does it do?" the amnesiac asked, taking a tentative step towards the newcomer.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"I'm not," she replied, "I'm afraid of your weapon". She sighed, sat there on the ground for a moment and then hesitantly stood up. "Fine. I'll do it, but just this one time. And there's a problem.. My staff is, well, still broken. And I only have a knife in my bag. A knife I mosty use for peeling oranges."

IC: Ferron (Cave)

"Herm," Ferron replied, stroking his chin, "good point"

"Maybe we shoud call it off for today after all, I'm feeling a bit tired"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

She let out a sigh of relief and said "Very well then.. um, Ferron. We'll meet tomorrow.. here? Or at your forge? Or maybe.. maybe not tomorrow? I mean, are you busy today? Or, um.." She smiled awkwardly and tried to appear confident by slightly adjusting her posture, not once, but twice, which just made her seem to be uncomfortable with her own body and emphasized her anxiety.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Someone probably has, but that's the kind of questions that can get you killed" I replied.

"Emphasis on can"

"Yeah," I agree wryly, "and usually does. Nature's rather... darker way of weeding out the fools and the careless, I suppose."

I take another look at the illustration, relishing the thought of the Rahkshi's sheer combat prowess. Of the ruthless ease with which they shred their victims and crush their foes. They make worthy opponents, indeed. And even better allies, to be sure, but ah well.

The Lord of Shadows is fallen now; his Sons turned rogue. Needs must, when chaos reigns.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: Onepu

The Onu-Matoran raised an eyebrow. 'Nightfall'? That's what they were calling themselves? "We could hire a team of mercenaries," he proposed, "To infiltrate the Koro, find the Matoran, and protect or rescue them when our attack comes." Ussalmen would likely not do, their sense of discipline might arouse suspicion. And unruly and aloof group of mercenaries, however, if well paid, would blend in without anyone batting an eye.

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

"It's a venture worth pursuing, I'll take it under advisement" Nuparu replied before turning to Sulov.

"Sulov Maru, do you think you can verify how aware the rest of the Maru are of the situation in Ko-Koro. I'd especially like to know Reordin's whereabouts, if you can find him"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Korgrax

Korgrax checked his pockets again.  No, more widgets had still not magically appeared in them.  He still had a few though.  He needed to find a job, preferably one that involved causing pain, preferably killing or maiming.  Those were always the most fun jobs.  Only a few weeks ago he had gotten a job hunting down a matoran.  He didn't care why he had to hunt the matoran down, he just enjoyed doing it.  True, he had taken the job because he needed money, but that didn't mean it was dull.

He kept walking around the Koro, looking for a tavern.  That's where you always got the best jobs, the ones he enjoyed so much.

​OOC: Korgrax open for interaction.

IC:Arvas

Arvas trailed along behind the group, disappointed he couldn't throw Rahkshi into the walls. Normally, as a mercenary he would be at the front, but he felt it wasn't his place. Partly because this was voluntary and as such was not an acting merc. Say, on the subject of Rahkshi, he couldn't throw them around using their own matter, but he could certainly spear them through and throw them around with that. Yeah, that could work. Arvas smiled and huffed to himself.

Just up ahead, he spotted someone in a mechanical suit almost bumping into Peho. He has seen one of those just once before. Mecha-suits for Matoran and maybe Turaga. Exo-something. Honestly, they looked clumsy and hard to use. If there was ever a Toa version, he didn't want one, he could just form armor and control it with his powers. That was another great idea! Arvas' smile grew a little wider, today was a day for ideas. He sped up a little, nearing Peho and the mech-wearing Turaga, deciding to take a look.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: I look at Onu-Koro's Akiri. "They are aware. Reordin is in Ta-Koro."

We all should be there. Or here. The front line was everything with Makuta.

We must remember that.

Gavarm led Rynekk back through the building until they came to a new door adjoining the stables. Waving them both through, Gavarm entered its room: a shrine to machinery. Imposing sets of armor were arranged before the way to the streets. Each suit stood adjacent to magazines of ammunition and tools of adjustment and repair. Gavarm's renewed anticipation led his scan through the maze to what he sought.

"Wiremu!," he called jocosely, approaching the inventor with one hand out for a shake. Gavarm's desire to hug did not outweigh his sensitivity to social needs like avoidance of the awkward. Though his profession was far from mechanics, he had worked with Wiremu--particularly in the case to be conversation--and his innate curiosity, especially his interest in anatomy, gave him a sense of kinship with the other man of science. "How do ya do?"

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:

At first, Rynekk thought that he had found himself amongst ranks of armoured Ussalmatoran. But a discerning eye quickly saw that these figures were too still, too large, without faces or twitches or a feeling of being alive that one could found even in the most stoic of soldiers.

So then, what was he amongst?

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Oliphko (Tunnels)

She followed Ferron into the tunnels that lead to Onu-Koro. When she heard his question, she hesitated to answer for a moment. "Well.. Yes, of course. I mean I'll find something. I have some widgets with me. Don't worry."

IC: Ferron (Tunnels)

"Good. Then I'll see you"

When they reached the Koro, Ferron took off towards his forge, giving Oliphko a final wave before taking off.

Ferron remained in deep thought as he walked back to his forge, and when he finally reached the door and walked back inside, he didn't say anything.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Oliphko (Onu-Koro)

She spent two hours looking for a decent inn she could afford, but unfortunately didn't find any and in addition was lost in the maze of huts. Sure, she could've asked any odd stranger passing by, but she was unable to gather the courage to do it. She was becoming worried, her head constantly turning as she tried to locate an inn or a map. Not looking where she was going, she bumped into a burly Skakdi, immediately jumped back and apologized several times, nervously glancing at his fearsome armour and the curved blades hanging from his belt.

OoC: That's Korgrax

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Korgrax

Something touched him.  Korgrax whirls around, ready to crush his attacker.  His eyes fall on a po-toa who looked scared enough to keel over dead right then and there.  He decides not to flatten her head with impact vision, guards were everywhere in the koros, much more so recently.  He'd see if she could point him to a tavern, and if not, he'd let her go and find one on his own.  "You should watch where you're going."  Korgrax says.  "If I hadn't looked first your head would be rolling in the ditch. I'm Korgrax."  He extends his hand.

IC: *Runs through highway* Alright I made it! Could someone give me a pickaxe and directions to the mines?

IC: Foreman Darx (NPC)

The small Le-Matoran, dwarfed by the size of his large backpack, was suddenly approached by a tap on his shoulder.

A large, burnt orange and scarred Kakama looked back at his own, with an appropriately guttural voice accompanying it.

"I heard (quite clearly) you were looking for the mines. If you're looking for some quick work, we have a few options for freelancers"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: *Runs through highway* Alright I made it! Could someone give me a pickaxe and directions to the mines?

The small Le-Matoran, dwarfed by the size of his large backpack, was suddenly approached by a tap on his shoulder.

A large, burnt orange and scarred Kakama looked back at his own, with an appropriately guttural voice accompanying it.

"I heard (quite clearly) you were looking for the mines. If you're looking for some quick work, we have a few options for freelancers"

IC: Ooh do tell.

It's time to move on.

"'S my job, well, part of it anyway" Darx replied as he gestured for the small Le-Matoran to follow him.

The walk took them out of the main cave Onu-Koro was located in and through another tunnel marked with warning signs and lamps, this was one of the many entrances to Onu-Koro's mining operations, this on in particular being one of the moderately important ones.

"Name's Darx, Foreman around here. It's my job to oversee any freelancers who wants to lend us their pickaxe for a fee."

Walking around them was not only several Onu-Matoran, but several that were clealry of other colors, Matoran and otherwise. Some of them gave Darx a nod when they passed, others called him by name, Darx just grunted.

"Alright" Darx said as he found his way to a stone desk fashioned into a small crevice in the tunnel wall near the entrance to one of the digs, "I'll need to register you and paperwork, protocol, procedures etc. etc. What's your name?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"'S my job, well, part of it anyway" Darx replied as he gestured for the small Le-Matoran to follow him.

The walk took them out of the main cave Onu-Koro was located in and through another tunnel marked with warning signs and lamps, this was one of the many entrances to Onu-Koro's mining operations, this on in particular being one of the moderately important ones.

"Name's Darx, Foreman around here. It's my job to oversee any freelancers who wants to lend us their pickaxe for a fee."

Walking around them was not only several Onu-Matoran, but several that were clealry of other colors, Matoran and otherwise. Some of them gave Darx a nod when they passed, others called him by name, Darx just grunted.

"Alright" Darx said as he found his way to a stone desk fashioned into a small crevice in the tunnel wall near the entrance to one of the digs, "I'll need to register you and paperwork, protocol, procedures etc. etc. What's your name?"

IC: Luta, ah sir.

It's time to move on.

IC: Oliphko (Onu-Koro)

She looked at the hand, but didn't grab it. She avoided eye contact and said something incomprehensible: "I'mreallyreallysorryohgreatspirithelpmeImustgonowplease". She took several steps backwards and seemed to be ready to run away like a Mahi from a Nui-Jaga, but didn't, possibly because she found the idea of being chased by a fearsome Skakdi rather unpleasant. So instead she just stood there, and after realizing that there really was no way out of this that she dared to take, she said "My name is Oliphko. Please don't hurt me" in a very quiet voice.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Tarkahn from Ko-Wahi

IC Tarkahn (Market District)

It was a long journey back to my home of Onu-Koro, and I wearily stepped into my old workshop, flipping the light stone sign from closed to open.

I made myself some coffee, then fell into a chair, drawing up some designs for a prototype.

Something special. Something to bring in customers.

Menial labor was not my forte, but any self respecting business matoran knew a good opportunity.

Mechanic, eh?