BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Shadd

Hearing no response, Shadd began to fear the worst. What if the levers Teede had made him pull had killed them?

The sound of machinery whirring on the other side brought up a sigh of relief. Maybe they were trying to find a way out. He banged again once the whirring was finished. "Hello?"

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC: Moving from Le-Wahi region

IC: Ra’lhen & Wokapu – Onu-Koro

It was amazing how much… cleaner everything looked to Wokapu. Lightstones everywhere, the tunnels looked like they were almost twice as wide and gaping as they were before, and signage everywhere include historical markers (apparently the old Chronicler was physically present when the rock wall was broken and Le-Wahi was revealed). Unfortunately, Wokapu wasn’t the biggest history geek, and could only read as far as halfway down each sign.

Finally, the group of four arrived in Onu-Koro, and Wokapu was floored. Once again, throngs of traders, civilians, and guards shuffled around them. And they hadn’t even reached the market.

“So… is this whole mega-Koro a thing now?” Wokapu queried.

“I think it’s safe to say yes,” Ra’lhen said, “With Makuta gone, the Matoran are free to expand their trade and livelihoods without fear of the wild”

“Let the good times roll,” Wokapu said, taking in the action around him with a faint smile. He still wasn’t used to all the crowds and the hustle and bustle, but if this was the status quo, Wokapu had no choice but to adjust; assuming that he could.

“So Seria,” Wokapu turned to his left towards Seria as they walked further into the large mining town, “What’s your story? We all know the great legend of Stannis, but unabated bragging is a right all Toa possess, so c’mon! Unleash!”

Meanwhile, Ra'lhen was busy trying to keep his mind on track while in this underground cavern, while not giving away his harsh disdain for caves. He wouldn't be overly cheery here -- that would make it obvious -- but he would have to keep his emotions and reactions in check. He decided to make some conversation with Stannis to get his mind onto other, brighter things.

"So, is Po-Koro similarly busy?" Ra'lhen asked the Stone Toa, "Or perhaps doing even better than Onu-Koro? I know it's a stretch, but I don't think Onu-Koro is quite the powerhouse it was when Nuparu first became Akriri"

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC Kirgan and Hile

(Onu-Koro, Great Mine, Secret lab):

Shadd's efforts went unheard once again, but perhaps the spirit to fight made it through, for Hile said: "Ventilation. They must have ventilation here... can't you feel the air? It's not damp like it would be without."

Kirgan's eyebrows shot up. "That's right. I can even feel a small breeze..."

He turned his head and spotted a grid on one of the walls. A slight breeze was coming from it. "Can we use that to escape?"

IC: The Gray Phantom (Papa-Nihu Reef)

She struggled to contain the power, pleading with herself to be stronger, to prevent this disaster waiting to happen before her eyes.

But alas, it was to no avail, and the beast within her roared, expunging itself violently, lashing out...

--

The blank glaze of her eyes disappeared to be replaced with their usual calm glow as she took a careful breath. She felt the grainy sand beneath her feet, tickling the soles as she breathed in the salty fragrance of the endless sea.

It was something she'd done many times before, but it never failed to put her spirit at ease.

The waves crashed against the shore, their frothing roar hammering unhindered against her ears, assaulting them along with the sharp whistle of the wind and the soft thuds of her feet against the sand along with her own, calm breath; all combining into the voice of nature ringing in her ears, immersing her in this place like it was a part of her being. She closed her ice blue eyes, leaving her heartlight the only patch of brightness in the dull gray slate of her slender form, like a beacon to her being.

She listened to the wind, feeling its free spirit rush by her as it continued to snake all across the universe, bringing its chill touch to bear on Mata Nui's people. She smiled somberly, the wind did not push her away, it did not want her gone, it did not hate her.

She heard a high-pitched, yet melodic cry grace her ears, and far on the horizon a slender, powerful, winged silhouette could be seen striking a graceful pose against the setting sun. It was a magnificent creature; its long, strong neck supporting a sharpened head with eyes glowing brightly with the primal spirit of their kin. Bringing its massive fins to bear on its short evening flight, the sleek and refined frame cutting through the air like a blade.

She smiled, and sent a cry in return back to her friend. The Proto Drake seemed to wave as it dove back into the water...

OOC:

OOC: Syvra is open for interaction at the Papa Nihu Reef shoreline.

Well, she's not interacting, per say, but she's there.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Syvra

Syvra shot a look out into the ocean as he could vaguely make out the form of a proto drake.. Though he heard it's call which grated on his ear but then he heard another grating cry as he looked out in the distance. Shaking his head he bent towards the water and proceeded to clean the blood off his blade sending the scent of blood into the water which would likely attract takea.

Perhaps that shall teach the annoying proto drake from making such annoying sounds.

OOC: And take that as you will gear.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Due to the setting sunlight, reflected in the shimmering water like blobs of orange, like a broken mirror, it would be near impossible to see the trail of red that oozed right below the surface to any but the sharpest of eyes. Incidentally, just such a pair of eyes were the ones that now had opened upon her hearing an unfamiliar sound. Her ever sharp hearing had picked up on the small drip that usually came from someone submerging something in water, its alien nuance upsetting the beautiful tranquility that she bathed in. An angered frown appeared on her mask, as she in dead silence turned to look at where it had come from.

A hooded, twisted figure was standing a little way further down the shore, apparently unaware of her presence, his sword was dripping a little, she noticed, and her eyes darted towards the water, where she saw it's produce, and she very quickly put two and two together, the realization turning her irritation into... not outright fury, but sheer amusement.

She remained unnoticed as she turned to watch the debacle.

The Proto Drake had caught the scent, the scent of blood, not his, but it did not matter, he knew what it meant. Takea, and to him, Takea meant one thing and one thing only:

Food.

He was a Proto Drake, Takea was his prey, and he was feeling a little bit hungry right about now.

They came, he smelled them, steering right towards the trail of blood like the living harpoons they were, cutting through the water effortlessly driven by their almost maddening instinct for slaughter. They were aiming for the blood, not for him.

He broke the water, spreading his strong fins to beat at the air, carrying him up towards the skies as he circled the area, picking out a suitable target, his claws twitching in anticipation.

There; a little at the back.

His wings aligned with his body as he dove towards the unsuspecting Takea like a torpedo, spreading out again as he aligned with the water, showing off his body in all its splendor as he reached out with his claws and dug the talons into the shark. It struggled in his grasp as he ascended again, before taking off towards the shore, pinning the Takea underneath his large body as he choked the upstart predator to death with a focused glint in his eyes.

The fish squirmed and struggled, but could not wriggle free of the Drake's claws, eventually flapping with less and less fervor as life drifted from it.

He had landed right before her, and she stood quietly and watched with a cheery smile as the Drake gorged himself on his well-deserved meal.

He raised his head, holding a sliver of meat in his mouth. She accepted it readily, and put it away in a piece of cloth, before she reached out and stroked his neck Just as the sun finally set on Mata Nui's shores.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Syvra watched the day turned to night as looked out over the water Although he had saw the proto drake from earlier begin to attack something and then saw more blood fill the water. This caused him to smirk even if only for a second. However a though crossed his mind as he dipped both hands into the water and concentrated. Tiny spores began to float from his hands out into the water. Any marine life unlucky enough to inhale said spores would experience a slow death from the nerotoxins released when the tiny hooks of the spore dug into flesh. Then any creature unlucky enough to feed on that flesh would begin to suffer a similar fate. It was truly a horrifying cycle of death that Syvra was more than happy to assist and create. And with the sheer amount of spores at least 30 specimens were guaranteed to be affected.

Edited by A Vox in a Box

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

She bid him farewell as he fled across the horizon, giving another beautiful, melodic cry as he departed, she waved at him, sending another cry in return.

How she would have despaired if she knew it would be the last cry he would ever give.

She instead threw a smug glance at the Toa who'd attempted to harm her friend. He'd gotten his comeuppance, she did not wish to interact any further...

Except she was going into the tunnels. She shuddered, eyeing the menacing and foreboding presence of the Bo-Toa. He did not look like the overly social type, maybe if she just walked right past him he'd ignore her.

She began to walk, pacing slowly across the sandy shoreline, silencing herself as she closed in, looking straight ahead and trying to go unnoticed.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: That post about the proto-drake and being the last cry he would ever give almost made me tear up... i.. it was good

Syvra shot a look at the Female toa who walked past him offering a slim smile

"You seem to have a connection with that proto drake.."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

She gritted her teeth as she slowed to a graceful halt. Blast.

She looked at him, taking in the naturalistic motifs on his armor and the immediately off-putting presence of his Kanohi Tryna. Safe to say, she was getting a very negative impression of this Toa, with his dark appearance, wicked weaponry and act of callous spite towards her friend, oh how she would love to teach him some manners...

No, not now, but if he ever pulled something like that again...

She looked at him, latching onto the deep crimson eyes with her own light blue ones, dark fury meeting cold peace as she nodded, almost imperceptibly.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Syvra smiled almost imperceptibly as he roses to his full height bringing Akrei's thorn back into it's sheath at his side

"How exactly do you form such a connection with such an amazing creature?"

OOC: What harm did he bring to the proto-drake.. That would have happened already? As far as i am aware she would not know about the spores

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Kehuri

The Toa of Earth was just finishing his shift, guarding the exit towards Le-Wahi. A group of Toa was coming along, nothing out of the ordinary.

He uttered a huge sigh as he realized what he'd just thought. 'Nothing out of the ordinary.'

The word 'Stannis' reached his ear, causing him to straighten up, suddenly interested.

A grin forced its way onto his mask when one of them suggested Onu-Koro was slowing down. He knew that was anything but true.

OOC: Hope you don't mind him listening in.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Sure Mj. Also Punished Snake, it’d be a good idea to redo your profiles when you have time. :) I had a little trouble finding Seria’s entry.

IC: Wokapu & Ra'lhen – Onu-Koro

“No danger? Sounds like paradise… moreso than this island ‘paradise,” Wokapu jabbed, “As far as I know, I came from somewhere else too. My father never talks about it, and I actually don’t really remember myself”

Wokapu already knew wasn’t the only Toa who faced that issue, having met a couple similar cases. For the Toa of Air, it really did make him question the very existence of other islands. But he supposed the Skakdi and Vortixx species had to come from somewhere … though it’s wasn’t impossible for them to have shared this island with Matoran all this time.

“So are you one of the many who dream of defeating evil, completing their ‘destiny’ and all-around being the hero everyone looks to for saving the day?” Wokapu asked Seria, “That’s awesome if so, but I felt after awhile that I was… better suited towards other things. Trust me though; I know the restless hero life all too well. Ra’lhen does too. So what’s your plan?”

It took a few moments for Wokapu to finally see their first sign to direct them to the Onu-Koro marketplace. But once he did, the Toa walked with a little more confidence towards the marketplace, where Wokapu gave an ear to Seria’s response.

Edited by Emzee

IC: Kehuri

Talk of dreams made Kehuri's chest tighten. Defeat evil... Achieve his destiny. That was what he wanted more than anything else.

A quick glance over his shoulder told him the next guard was on his way. Not waiting another moment, he started walking after the group of Toa that Stannis was a part of. He didn't know why, just that he wanted to do it.

He had to go to the market place anyways... To get uh... Fish. Right, he totally needed fish. With that thought, he strolled along as nonchalantly as a Toa wearing two shields and a spear could.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Not exactly epic, but I think I go my point across

The Proto Drake coughed and gasped, which surprised him, he was amphibious, was he not? And yet, he felt something uneasy in his stomach, something that stirred, and boiled.

It was strange, it was unnatural, it was wrong.

He cooed in pain, twitching as a writhing pain slithered through his body, spreading to every fiber of his being like a disease, seizing his intestines and wrapping them around its finger, establishing domination.

The Proto Drake peered upwards, to the surface as his sight began to fade, knowing for a fact his friend would not come to his aid, she could not hear him now, for he could no longer call. His sight turned to black as he fell towards the black depths, a few last ripples of life surging through his body as his spirit waned.

And he died, alone, helpless and scared.

--

To demonstrate, she produced another melodic cry, though significantly downscaled, in likeness of the Proto Drake’s own. She understood how they communicated

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Syvra arched his brow as he heard this

"Interesting.. And you do not appear to be wearing a rau.. Do you have a name oh mistress of the speaking rahi?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

She took a step back, shaking her head as a flow of red flushed into her cheeks. She did not enjoy this man's appearance at all, and then he was the first person in an immeasurable amount of time to compliment her.

But then again, she could guess the reason why. He was probably just trying to lull her into a false sense of security, trying to gain the upper hand. Yes, that was it, it had to be.

She did not trust him.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Syvra brought a single hand to rest against the bottom of his mask as he regarded the toa. It was obvious she had her doubts about him for it was written on her face. However he intended to change that as he brought a hand to his chest as he bent forward at the waist while the opposite hand came out palm up.

"My name is Syvra."

And from the palm sprung a Elegant purple rose with black inner petals that he presented to the toa

"And this is for you. A rose that has no hope of matching such an elegant appearance."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The rose was beautiful; a strong, slender, stalk crowned with a lovely chandelier of black and purple, almost radiant in its artistic perfection.

And the smell, oh, the smell. Her finely tuned nose breathed it in large gasps, reveling in the sweet, enamoring fragrance of the rare flower.

She reached out, slowly, and accepted the flower delicately from Syvra, feeling the thorns prick against her fingertips, and the black insides seemed to flutter. Her face expressed wonder, but in her mind both doubt and insecurity struggled against it.

The rose was certifiably a work of art, almost too perfect, and then there was the undeniable tint of darkness that it carried. The deep, ebony black, dark like the shadows of Mangaia, and the vibrant purple, ominous in its breathtaking presence, and the thorns, thin and sharp, distracting and telling, implying the real nature of both itself and its creator.

An exterior of elegance and virtue, but within lay darkness and evil.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Kirgan and Hile

(Onu-Koro, Great Mine, Secret lab):

Working together, Kirgan and Hile slowly removed the grid off the ventilation pipe. "This happens in tales a lot", Hile said. "Someone gets captured but then escaped through ventilation pipes. Now I see why they are featured so often in stories - they work."

"Don't get optimistic yet", Kirgan advised. "We're not out yet. Come on everyone, we're getting out of here."

He climbed into the pipe, followed by Hile. Hile motioned for the others to follow him.

Syvra saw as she pricked her fingers on the thorn and shook his head motioning to the base of the rose

"It is meant to be picked up just below the bulb. So as to ensure unnecessary injury."

It was obvious Syvra was trying to be charming however he wished to see how long it would take for the toa to feel slight.. Enamored feeling released by that tiniest of pricks. The rose itself was one Syvra had used in the past. Each tiny thorn held a bit of toxin, that when released into the body would create a kind of, euphoric feeling slightly clouding better judgment

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Big guy with a bunch of toxins. Take that away and what are you? :P

She did as she asked, masking her taking one step back beneath her shifting her grip on the vibrant flower. She looked at him, and nodded courtly as a show of thanks.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: A man with a poisonous sword and mask that can temporarily raise the dead..

Syvra smiled as he rose back to his full height

"So.. May i ask your name?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: I wonder if Venixa has anything to say about this whole thing.

She looked at him, nondescript vacancy in her eyes as she shifted uncomfortably.

Her name... she hadn't used it in a long time. It was odd, it belonged to you, but depended on being used by others, if not it was not legitimate, in a sense.

His voice, it was pleasant, almost elegant in its tone, but that dark underside was still present, she could still see it radiating off of him, and the memory of his attempt to harm her friend still present, but she somehow didn't mind it quite as much now.

Maybe she could... No

Not her name, not her real name. But a nickname... well... why not?

She got a better grip on her staff, and used it to write out a short scripture in the sand, stepping aside to let Syvra see it.

"They call me The Gray Phantom", it said.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: I have reason for Venixa being so quiet

Syvra smiled as he looked down at the sand

"Ah.. Do you mind if i just call you Gray?"

However syvra was already looking towards the tunnel seeming to consider how long it would take the ussalry to find those bodies.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Again, that unbidden flash of flutter mingling with her sensation of wary doubt and irritation. Who was he to ask her to conform to his requirements?

Amazingly, she shook her head disarmingly, this was rapidly becoming increasingly awkward.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Syvra smiled softly as he heard this

"Ah excellent.. So are you actually unable to talk or what? Just have never seen a toa of sound unable to speak."

However Syvra idly created several tiny spores around Gray's feet that when stepped upon would release a mild numbing gas that must be inhaled to take affect

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Syvra, you are one elusive little player, aren't you? ^_^

She shrugged impassively, trying to imply indifference, then she thought of something.

She stood still for a moment, concentrated, and then she spoke without moving her lips... with Syvra's voice.

"I... I do not wish to go into that"

The voice was dry, lifeless, sounding exactly as if it had been synthesized, but it was unmistakably Syvra's voice.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Elusive? What ever do you mean?

Syvra arched his brow as he heard his own voice come from her

"Interesting little trick. Could certainly get some people in trouble. but could also be a great trick at parties."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Wokapu & Ra'lhen – Onu-Koro

"Volleyball? Yes, quite a popular sport for those in the upper class, or at least that's how it was in Ko-Koro," Wokapu said, positive flashbacks of the carefree prodigal lifestyle bringing a warm smile to his face, "I don't suppose you've ever played volleyball in the snow? It's definitely an experience when the game runs long and you're constantly ankle-deep in ice cold 'sand'".

Wokapu sighed, it was such a luxurious lifestyle that he and his sister shared. but it was also so...evil. The smug countenance of Niici, the former leader of the Cultured Gentry, flashed into his mental plane, and shattered the fragile positive imagery that Wokapu and conjured.

Why must positive thoughts always get ruined by her, Wokapu thought bitterly.

She nodded, in response, taking a good look at him again. Seeming to see him in a slightly different light. He'd been awfully courteous, and somehow his ominous presence didn't seem so... ominous anymore.

She pointed at his mask with a questioning glance, using his voice again, albeit sparingly.

"Why the Tryna?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Syvra shrugged

"Because if i chose a different mask i would be leaving Venixa to a life of solitary confinement.. She would have no one to talk to and it would drive her insane."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Syvra sighed a bit as he heard this.

Venixa are you still mad at me?

No..

Then why are you so quiet?

I have been deep in thought.

Ah. Mind introducing yourself to this crazy woman?

Sure.

Suddenly from under the ground emerged what appeared to be a rather decent sized fikou that suddenly spoke in a clearly feminine voice

"Howdy miss gray.. I am Venixa. I am Syvra's Anxilia.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Seria

"No, I've never played it in the snow. I've played on sand and wooden floors. The wood floors are much harder than the soft sand."

Her life flashes back to her playing volleyball with some other Toa and some Matoran. Four on each side of the net, talking to each other as the ball goes into the air. The sun setting down in water making the sky an orange color.

She then returns back to reality, and continued to walk.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg