BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Phantom

He cursed again. Aloud, this time. It was his big mouth that got him into this situation.

So what were his options now? Live and have them figure it all out, or die. Not the best of choices, and he wasn't actually sure which he preferred. He was sure he wouldn't be able to knock the crossbow away and not take at least painful damage for it, not to mention the bolt of electricity that would undoubtedly course through him the instant he tried.

He was stuck.

He glared into the Matoran's eyes, not that he expected to shake him one bit. He hated brave people. They were always the source of his problems. Mata nui #### it, he hated bravery.

His answer was, for once, silence.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: [ Rhea ] - Onu-Koro / Ferron's Forge

So-oo... the truth comes out, forgemaster. And what was it, I wonder, that this person ever did to you?

But the female Su-Toa didn't ask questions like that. She never did. They were irrelevant to business, and if Ferron wanted her to know, he'd tell her.

Important thing: track and locate the De-Toa 'Kuhrin'.

Through the Drifts of Ko-Wahi. A wasteland of ice, cold, and the driven snow. Easily the last spot on the island she wanted to visit... but then, she could always charge a 'inhospitable environment' fee. And she wasn't one to back down from a challenge, any challenge.

And judging by what Ferron had told her of her target, this person would be very much a challenge. Toa in any form almost always were, and insane Toa were worse, and insane Makuta-worshipping Toa were the worst. Well, almost. Thing about life is, just when you think you've hit the absolute bottom, it falls out from under you and dumps you deeper into the tragic maw. And it does that over and over until you either die or climb back up.

Rhea knew. She'd been there. She'd survived.

And Kuhrin, too, had probably been there... he was probably there right now... but he was going to stay down.

Her emerald eyes gleamed suddenly with a dry, vicious humor. Her right forefinger twitched briefly in the statuette's direction, a brilliant flash of white energy exploded around its head, and when the plasma cleared, there was a single precise hole burned straight through the center of the De-Toa's cranium. Right between the eyes. Acrid smoke curled from the spot, wafting upwards on shimmering heat waves.

"He's as good as dead. I'll meet you in five hours at the place where you last saw him, and we'll work from there. Bring the warmest coat you own; this'll be no place for a tenderfoot."

IC Tarian

Tarian stared into the creature's glowing eyes. Such ferocity, such rage.

Though Tarian couldn't help but feel some respect for the creature. Most Skakdi had neither the patience nor intellect to preform an attack this long-suffering. Most Skakdi would simply kill Matoran if they hated them so much.But this one had a plan. Out of some twisted sense of respect for his enemy the Ta Matoran complied. "They call me Tarian"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC Onoraza

(Onu-Wahi, Onoraza's cavern):

"I would say nice to meet you, but I wouldn't mean it with a Matoran", Onoraza said. "Still, it's important for me to know who you are. The same cannot be said for you about me. I'll tell you anyway though: I'm Onoraza. You've probably never heard of me before. I've been trapped in a cell for most of my life, after all. An Onu-Koro prison. With lots of Matoran guards around. Ones who tortured me just slightly enough to make it seem like harmless everyday interaction with prisoners."

Onoraza took a deep breath and continued. The memories seemed to agitate her, which made her look all the more dangerous. "I was freed in the end, but I ain't done with the Matoran species. In the end I'll be doing this island a favor by getting rid of them. Now that I have a Ta-Matoran hostage, my words have more impact on the Akiri of Ta-Koro."

IC

Tarian looked hard at the tortured soul. Such pain and agony. Tarian was sure she deserved to locked up in the first place; but clearly she was very hurt. "I'm sorry that happened to you" He consoled. Tarian was genuinely sorry, but he knew that his sympathies wouldn't phase the monster. She was hardened and she had a plan. She continuously referred to Tarian as "leverage". Tarian couldn't help but wonder: to what end?

"what is your plan exactly? What leverage do you think you have?"

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

IC: Aar

Seeing that nobody was available at the moment, he headed back outside. He took Tarian's Ussal and gently asked it to lead him back to his owner.

He climbed into its back and shot off towards Po-Koro.

OOC: If any Ussalry members want to join in, there's still time.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

Ferron nodded gravely in response, reaching out with his right arm.

“Don’t worry, Rhea” he rumbled as his arm settled in an outstretched stance where the palm was facing the small statuette. The movement was sure, steadfast, and when the metallic hand, once again gleaming in the lightstone’s glow, clenched into a tight fist, the statuette was wrenched into a tiny, miniscule metal ball, easily disappearing when his hand closed around it.

“I think you’ll find I’m anything but tender”

Ferron stood up; unable to avoid a weary sigh getting past his hard demeanor… he really was starting to get up there in years, wasn’t he?

“The entrance to the Papa-Nihu Reef it is. I’ll see you there”

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Onoraza

"One Matoran being sorry doesn't change anything", Onoraza said coldly. "To make a change, they must all be. I'm going to send a letter to Jaller, informing him that I have you in my possession. I'm going to tell him to contact Nuparu and tell him that if he doesn't resign from his position... I will kill you. Think about the tension that will cause. Jaller's own villager in trouble, but he can't do anything himself to save you. He'll need to convince someone else to give up the power he has. And if that doesn't work out, they'll both have to live with your death caused by their actions."

Onoraza took out a pen and started to write on a piece of paper on her table.

IC Tuli and Khervos

(Onu-Koro):

It was late in the evening that Khervos returned to Onu-Koro and knocked on Tuli's door. Tuli quickly took him inside.

"Khervos, Ferron left, but he gave me this..."

"Tuli, wait", Khervos said. "Before you say any more, I have something to tell you I think will make you happy."

Tuli had a confused look on her face, so Khervos started telling her. "Well, you know how we've had to cross the Ta-Onu-border every time we visit each other? That got me thinking, and I decided I wanted us to be closer than before. I've decided to move my office to Onu-Koro."

Tuli's face exploded into a big smile and wide eyes. This was good news indeed. Khervos would move his operations to Onu-Koro and the two of them could live together! She jumped on Khervos and hugged him tight. "Oh Khervos, this is the best present ever!"

Khervos chuckled and returned the hug, but then pushed Tuli back. "What did you have to say?" he asked.

Tuli took out the letter Ferron had told her to give Khervos. "It's from Ferron. It's for you."

Khervos hadn't been expecting this. He took the letter and opened it. He read the first few lines in silence, then decided to read the entire letter to Tuli as well.

Khervos!

By the time you're reading this, I may or may not have gone out to start hunting for Kuhrin. I know that Tuli must be worried sick, and that she's probably reading this, too. In any case, let her know I wish you both the best.

However, I did not merely intend for this to be a sappy farewell note, this is a chance for you to help out.

While Rhea and I will be hunting Kuhrin directly, I'd like to ask you to work from another angle, I have a name, nothing more, but I trust you can do something with it.

Her name is Noka, and she has some history with Kuhrin, though I don't know what. I'd suggest starting to look for her in Po-Koro.

If you find this "Noka", don't approach her, simply inform me, and we'll work from there.

Best regards

- Ferron

Khervos put the letter down and looked into Tuli's eyes. "We're off to Po-Koro."

Without hesitation, Tuli nodded and started packing up bags for herself and Khervos. Tuli knew Ferron really cared for her, otherwise he would not have offered her a chance to help with his ordeal. It warmed her heart to know that she had such a compassionate boss.

OOC: Tuli and Khervos to Po-Wahi.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: Krayne the Rainmaker

The Vortixx ignored the presence of Shadd. He rolled his eyes at Teede. "Then I must be in the right place. Get out of my way."

IC: Azthran

"Well what does that thing do exactly?" I checked the back of the machine, finding some ancient writing on a metal slab.

OOC: Sorry for the wait guys.

Edited by Toa Kranan: TOUAB

IC Teede

(Onu-Koro, Great Mine, Secret lab):

"Where are you going?" Teede asked, even as he stepped aside to let Krayne pass.

IC Kirgan and Hile

"So guys, you think we could use modern technology to actually finish this machine and travel in time?"

IC: Uyism

Hungry and stuck in her hospital room, Uyism wanted to leave for the rest of the village. So much had happened since her injury, and the Iroiit wished to learn more of what exactly had changed in her absence, as well as find some nutrients. However, her colleague seemed to be deep in thought, and as such she waited for him to respond before they could leave.

IC: Krayne The Rainmaker

Krayne ignored him. He went downstairs only to find several bodies laying around. "Where is it?"

"Hey guys, I think I found something!" I lifted the metal slab and showed it to the others. "I think I can translate it."

IC Teede

Teede stared after Krayne for a moment. Then he said to Shadd "Don't just stand there, go after him! He could damage some of the equipment!"

IC Kirgan and Hile

The appearance of a hostile-looking Vortixx was a most unwelcome sight. "Who're you?" Kirgan asked nervously.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

OOC:

Just a heads-up... I'll be inactive this weekend, beginning tomorrow morning, so don't expect any immediate replies. :P

IC: [ Rhea ] - Onu-Koro

Rhea got to her feet, drawing her cloak more tightly around her shoulders. "Likewise."

With a brief nod of farewell, she swung open the door, paused on the threshold to make her customary heat signature check, and passed on through the shadowed streets to her place of lodging.

On the way, she passed the single handwritten notice that she had tacked to a signpost earlier. Without slackening pace, she deftly jerked it free and incinerated it with a single quick blast of plasmatic energy, consigning the crumpled ashes to the dust.

She had more than enough on her to-do list as it was. More than likely, she could have pulled in a few more clients before leaving town, but at the moment... she was tired. Not dead on her feet, true, nor dazed with exhaustion, but just the natural sort of tired.

It had been an abnormally productive day, and the thought of a hot dinner and a few hours' blissful sleep were pleasant. Tomorrow, it would be back to the trails where the long wind blew, but for now... in a very lady-like manner, she stifled a yawn.

And then a smile. She seemed to be smiling a lot lately, and she hoped it would last.

She had a feeling it wouldn't.

I focused on the slab until I noticed Xaron and Kirgan leaving the room. I noticed a hostile-looking Vortixx standing in the doorway. He turned to me and approached me. My heart raced. He stared at me for a moment and gave me a menacing look. "Out of my way."

IC Tarian

The blood in his spine ran cold. The ropes fought diligently to prevent the impending shiver as he fought off the chill. This skakdi had it all planned out; it was a brilliant plan.

However, there was one overlooked detail: the skakdi had made a prejudice assumption, not that he had any other option. How was she supposed to know that Tarian was --in fact-- on better terms with Onu Koro than Ta Koro. If he had, the blackmail may have been reversed. "The Akiri is a busy man" Tarian tried to discourage his captor, "I doubt he'll even read your letter for a week!"

--Character Profiles--

IC Onoraza

"That'll just make your stay here longer, then", Onoraza replied with a smirk, all the while writing her letter. "Besides, they will realize that one of their guards has gone missing. That will surely make them interested. Ta-Matoran are nothing if not thorough."

IC Tarian
Tarian struggled against his bonds, eyeing the room to see if there was something -anything- that he could use.
All he saw was the Skakdi intently writing her letter. "I didn't know skakdi were literate" He mocked. "You must make your people proud" He had tried being kind to the tortured soul, but now he was simply hoping for an irrational reaction made in poor judgement.

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

IC: Krayne The Rainmaker

The Vortixx got closer to the time machine. As his hand touched the machine, a spark came out of the tip of the machine. The machine had been turned on.

Oh ***t

The doorway had collapsed, trapping Krayne and the company in the lab.

IC Tharros

Tharros made his way out of the Ligtstone. The delirious Talinka still slobbering atop his shoulder

"What island did I wash up on" he muttered to himself as he lowered Talinka onto Grochi's Ussal tied outside the tavern.

"Come on boys, I'd like to set up camp in Po by nightfall." He gestured, gathering his companions

--Character Profiles--

IC Tharros

Tharros turned around to see the Toa standing behind him. "Alright" Tharros couldnt help but nod slowly in approval as he examined the crew before him "Let's be on our way"

Tharros, Talinka, Grochi and Kol to Po Wahi

--Character Profiles--

IC Kirgan, Hile and Teede

"What in Karzahni is he doing?!" Hile exclaimed in panic as the Vortixx simply barged in and touched the time machine, which turned on. Having remained dormant for a long time, sudden activation had hazardous effects. The energy bounced back to its outlets, causing damage all over the lab.

Up above in the cavern with the shattered Tripod, Shadd took Teede's rod, but the Onu-Matoran pulled it back.

"It sure will", he said. He pushed the rod into a socket near the door. As a result, alarms went off all around the laboratory.

Then the door leading down to the lab slam shut, trapping everyone inside the laboratory and leaving Teede and Shadd outside.

Down in the lab, Kirgan noticed the only door leading out of the lab slam shut. He was certain it had been caused by the time machine activating, for he did not know better.

"Uh oh."

IC Onoraza

"They teach you to read and write in prison", Onoraza said, ignoring the mocking tone used by Tarian. In fact, she seemed to be living painful memories even now. "They believe it's their duty to educate the 'barbaric' species, so they can assimilate them into their culture. But I'm going to do just the opposite: I'm gonna use it as a weapon against them."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva
  • Upvote 1

IC: Krayne and Azthran

"What the heck did you do!?" The Toa shouted at Krayne.

No. No. No. NO! The Vortixx slowly whispered. He started pressing buttons on the machine until Azthran pinned him on the wall.

IC Kirgan and Hile

Hile leaped forward towards the machine, when suddenly a voice was heard everywhere in the laboratory. It was spoken in a language no one present could understand - presumably the same language used to write the Tablet of Names. All the while the time machine shook with the surge of power.

OOC: Syvra from Kini-nui

IC: Syvra

The Toa of plantlife emerged from the darkwalk with an air of smugness about him. He had just met with Echelon and survived to tell the story. However as he walked into the village of earth he took a moment to look around. Not much had changed since the time he was last here though surely the inner workings may have changed. So with that he moved towards the center of the village and took up position around the fountain intending to learn what he could from overhearing

OOC: Syvra is open for interaction.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: I actually meant something that Shadd has slipped into his own pocket. An unspecified piece of machinery he wanted to analyze later.

IC: Shadd

"Hey! I don't think that helped!"

IC: Aar

The cave floor was difficult to track on, but he found enough. A puddle had been stepped in, leaving a single clear footprint. Large, and bestial, it had to either be a Rahi or a Skakdi. Aar had no proof the footprint and his missing Matoran were related, but it was the only clue he had.

He quickly determined the direction the foot was facing, and followed it.

OOC: Interacting with Syvra. I'm pretty sure one of my characters interacted with him before, but I can't remember now.

IC: Kehuri

"Whoa there," the Toa of Earth said to Syvra as he emerged from the Dark Walk. "Not so fast, friend. Is your visit here for business or pleasure?"

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Oops, sorry.

IC Teede

"Whoops", Teede said, though the voice lacked sincerety. "Looks like I miscalculated... a lot of things."

Then the ancient Onu-Matoran did something Shadd would never have suspected. He pulled out the now electrically charged rod and swung it at the archeologist, intending to knock him out.

Teede's true intentions were about to reveal themselves.

IC: Krayne and Azthran

"Who are you and what are doing here!" I yelled at the Vortixx. I looked into his eyes and I saw his eyes grew redder and redder. His hand grabbed my neck which chocked me, forcing myself to let him go. He threw me on the ground and aimed his hoverboard at my face.

"Don't you dare touch me again." he hissed.

IC Teede

"Well, you ruined everything by following me up here", Teede casually said with a shrug, almost as if he was discussing the most recent Koli scores. "You should be in there, not here. It's your fault."

IC Kirgan and Hile

Down below, Kirgan and his friends were having problems of their own. They were stuck in the laboratory with an unstable time machine ticking like a time bomb and a strange Vortixx. Azthran had pinned him to the wall, but had been knocked aside.

Hile stepped forward. "Don't you hurt him or we'll..."

"Who are, why are you here?" Kirgan asked, interrupting Hile. He wanted to know what was going on.