BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Skyra

"Well..." I paused, unsure where to begin, or if I really wanted to. "Not to long after I got this new body, I was um...kidnapped." I glanced behind where Onuzek and my mother were right behind us.

"A certain friend of ours...who's name starts with an 'O'..." I whispered, figuring that even if Onuzek did hear us that he'd still have no clue we were talking about him. "...well for some reason he was wearing an infected mask, was acting oddly intelligent, and kidnapped me by hugging." I still wondered how infected Onuzek was so much more intelligent than...normal Onuzek. I supposed it didn't really matter.

"Well long story short the experience wasn't pleasant, and I was thrown into a small enclosed cave and trapped there in the dark for...a really long time." I shivered a bit.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Kunitu

"Nice job you've done," remarked Kunitu. "Better than what the reports say."

IC: Trava (Pala-Koro Entrance)

"I agree" I replied as I sauntered over to where I'd heard talk of something that appealed to me greatly; a bar.

"It's not every day that you miss out on an old hunk of rock converting to a new hunk of rock held together by blind optimism and a can-do attitude"

"Not that that's a bad thing, though, I remarked with a look at the trio.

"And who are y'all supposed to be again?" I asked with an outstretched hand, "Trava here"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Dehkaz

Dehkaz would have planted his face squarely in his hand at Naona's rather... painful... remark. If said motion wouldn't cause his body to be pumped full of a really unnecessary amount of electricity.

The Turaga, to his credit saw the Toa of Stone's gaze intensify, and guessed pretty well what was about to happen. The twin beams of light cut through the air toward him, before harmlessly dissipating off a glowing shield of energy half a bio from his body, undoubtedly from the now-glowing Kanohi the Vo-Turaga wore. He was good, that was apparent, but not that good. Though the attack from the side wasn't successful, it did pry some of his attention off electrocuting Dehkaz, and his elemental assault lessened somewhat.

IC: Mihlra

"What happened?"

At this point she simply couldn't keep her mouth shut any longer. Mihlra was content to tag along with Skyra's friends for the time being, for obvious reasons, that didn't mean she was going to do it quietly.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Naona

"On the count of three," murmured Naona, "drop the usage of your power and move out of his range."

She swung her body around, slamming her foot against the final brute, who had been trying to sneak up on them. The attack sent him stumbling back, but to his credit, he recovered and moved quickly towards Naona once more.

"Three."

Naona blocked a wild kick with her arms, bracing herself from the impact. She ducked under a swing of a sword, slamming her fist into the brute's chest.

"Two."

Disorientated and in pain, the brute found himself in Naona's grasp.

"One."

And as Dehkaz began to end his power usage, Naona threw the brute straight at the Turaga.

There was something to be said about having the strength of a Toa of Stone, and after witnessing first-hand exactly what it meant, such as seeing Naona throw a Toa who had nearly a head and shoulders over her across a room, there was certainly no question left in Dehkaz' mind. He nearly shook his head in disbelief.

Mentally decreasing the flow of energy he was channeling through his palms to keep the free-floating magnetic field in existence, Dehkaz lept away from the crime lord with a few harmless stray arcs of the Vo-Toa's element dancing across his gunmetal armor. Which cleared the way for the brute-turned-projectile to make it's way towards where Dehkaz was backing away from. Which just so happened to be a certain Turaga.

He never saw it coming. Having one of your own attack you was nothing new in the community he was a part of, but having one of your own being used to attack you was new. The Toa collided with his leader, slamming them both into the moss-covered stone wall of the building in a jumble, dazed for a multitude for reasons.

Without wasting a second, Dehkaz was already moving forward, his movements blurred ever so slightly, from the effect of his Kanohi.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

While Dehkaz was off to cuff the wayward projectile brute and the crime boss, the other criminals in the room would find their hands trapped together by a number of handcuffs that Naona carried in her multitude of packs that hung off her waist. There was a reason she quite liked pockets, after all.

The Toa of Magnetism dusted off his hands, admiring his handy work in securing the Crime Lord's wrists together. And to the floor. He considered waiting until the Turaga came to his senses, give him a stern speech about payback, justice, and being an upstanding citizen. Then again, he probably didn't need anymore personal enemies who wanted his guts chopped up into little pieces. At least not now.

Besides, he wasn't about to put together a speech anyway, not with the amount of adrenaline in his body right now.

"Right then, let's go," He stated, glancing around the room scattered with the bodies of various beings, raising his hand to the last one. With a rather unpleasant sound, his knife extracted itself from the inert being's chest armor, hovering to his outstretched hand. He shook the blade once, before sliding it back into his gauntlet sheath. "Before their friends show up."

Now, Commander Dehkaz did not run away, though he certainly moved a bit faster than normal as he and his companion made their way to the entrance to the old structure.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Naona dragged the captured criminals along on a wheeled stone cart. She was never one to leave suspects, especially if they were guilty of any crimes. The cart did take quite a lot of elemental energy to create, so she doubted that she could do anything else with her powers for the time being. Hopefully they would not run into anyone else.

"Shall we drop them off at Le-koro?" she asked, the accent she had used earlier having disappeared.

IC: Kunitu

"Toa Kunitu, Gukko Force."

IC: Trava (Pala-Koro Entrance)

"Hunter myself" I replied with a cocked head as I looked at the three, looking to the one referred to as Esao last.

"So this inn you mentioned, exactly where is it?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Infected Kanohi always modify behavior. I suppose it's not implausible that they could alter intelligence, as well." The De-Toa noted, looking thoughtful. After a moment, he looked back to Skyra again. "Curiosity aside, such an event would be enough to give anyone a fear of enclosed spaces."

"If there's ever any help you need, ask. I'm sure Tillian would be glad to help. And, if he can't... Well, I'm usually somewhere around."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

"Thanks Krayn." We'd arrived at the docks, and as luck would have it there was a ferry docked, all we would have to do was board it.

As we boarded the ferry I glanced at Krayn, it was one of those odd moments where I wasn't sure what to say. "We...don't really talk all that much do we?"

IC:

"... I think, ma'am, that my opinion would be biased." The De-Toa said slowly, after a long pause, with more than a little bit of caution in his voice. "And I think that bias colors my interpretation of events."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Trava (Pala-Koro)

"Curisoity and necessity, mostly. Was interested to see who'd decided to try and inject some life into the place, and I could use a place to crash for a moment or two"

"And of course I was showing our honored guests over there around until the Vortixx took over" I added, jerking a thumb back at Soro and Kikao.

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

The De-Toa was silent for several minutes, as they boarded the ferry. Out of habit, he remained standing near the edge of the craft, leaning against the railing. His response was not an easy one to decide on; The civil answer would be the false one, and the truthful one had the potential to do more harm than good. Unbidden, memories swelled; Basic training, service, Ga-Koro...

"... You said many things." His tone was controlled, but a note of tension was audible. "You, and many others as well. Whether they are true or not is not for me to decide, but they were very, very far from compassionate."

fK5oqYf.jpg

I cringed, I remembered those things I said, at the time I had said them I'd felt completely justified in saying them too...but now I just felt bad...and guilty. I felt I had been far more judgemental than I ever had a right to be.

"You're right...they weren't compassionate...and looking back now I don't think you deserved any of it...not really." I kept my vision straight on the water, it was difficult to look at Krayn. "I was less than fair to you...I'm sorry...I was...I was...wrong."

There I had said it, probably one of the most difficult things for me to do, admitting I was wrong. And I knew I was far from finished, I had other people I needed to say that too.

"It was easy to see you as some stuck up prick that heartlessly followed the rules cause...well I didn't really know you then..."

IC:

"... You weren't entirely wrong." He admitted, sighing slightly. "I did stick too closely to the rules. I had reasons, but I did. More importantly, however... Thank you for apologizing."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC Jrahann:

Jrahann stepped out of the tunnel highway and out into the sunlit jungle of Le-Koro. "Well, here we are again!" She turned back to her companions, the Toa of Sonics called Asuno and Dia the Fe-Matoran. "So how are we going to find this tournament? I don't think they've hung up signs."

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

OOC: Alright, I am going to skip the fight with the Skakdi Mook's to get Aparangi where he needs to be, but don't take this to mean I would have played out the fight unreasonably. Aka.: Don't try this at home, kids. ;)

IC:

There was a rustling of wood and leaves behind the Reveler and the company present, indicating the arrival of a newcomer. From the depth of the jungle, a Toa emerged. He was powerful in build and grim in expression. His armor and Kanohi Hau were almost pitch-black, with a faint reddish hue shining through where light played on its metallic face. It appeared to be in good shape, though bearing the signs of long use and countless battles. The torso and neck were protected heavily with thick plates and a collar with a hood attached, while the arms were encased in smaller, more flexible plates.

The Toa walked slowly, with his back bent and slighty twisted - though that was not due to any deformity of his being. No, the cause of his posture was the battered Skakdi he carried, kept in balance by tightly gripping onto the spine, though one leg was dragging along the ground. After a few steps, the Toa stopped.With a grunt followed by a heavy thud, he let the Skakdi slip from his back. The bulky figure hit the ground hard and now those present could see that one eye was completely broken, several teeth were missing and that the rest of the body was not in any shape that would allow the brute to wake up soon.

But those present also saw that the Skakdi belonged to the Reveler's mook-squad. Aparangi rolled his right shoulder to relax it after dragging the would-be kidnapper through the jungle. There had been six of them. You don#t wanna know what the other five looked like after the attempted assault. He'd saved this one for last and kept him conscious long enough to make him spill the location of the tournament.

The Aitua looked at the broken form at his feet for a few seconds. Then he slightly shrugged and turned towards the Reveler. "You the one hosting this shindig?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: (Iiasmir)

One-man applause was heard in the background as Aparangi approached. The applause was that of Iiasmir, who had turned to greet the newcomer. He began approaching the Toa, his posture non-threatening. "I would actually like to know the same thing," he shot at the Reveler, "you told me there would be a gladiatorial tournament of some sort, but why?" By now he was standing directly before Aparangi, stepping over the wounded Skakdi to offer a hand-shake. "I'm Iiasmir. I run a trading company in Ta-Koro. I followed some men who kidnapped an employee of one of my fellow business owners. I'm nearly as confused as you are."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC (Sisk):

"Demons?", Sisk asked, walking over to the opposite side of the table and sat down across from Merror. His limp had considerably lessened, but he was still slightly hobbling, which explained why he still used the cane as well.

"What Demons are do you mean-refer to? Nothing evil-bad creepy-crawling out from deep-down of the dark walks, is there?"

IC (Merror)

"It wouldn't surprise me if there were," Merror replied, "but no, that's not what I was referring to. Echelon escaped again."

IC (Sisk):

"That name-word ring-sounds dark bells." Sisk muttered. "It deep-worries me to hear you say-speak that."

"I guess-take it you are chase-searching for him, yes? It look-seems we always criss-cross paths that way." the Matoran said, managing a chuckle despite the seriousness of the topic. You just couldn't keep a good Le-Matoran down for long. It'd take Karzhani to get him to stop smiling for more than a few minutes.

-----

(Aparangi)

The dark Toa looked the Reveler in the eyes. That answer to his question had been thoroughly unsatisfying. Without a word, he lifted his foot and brought it down hard on the Skakdi's torso lying next to him. There was a cracking sound of breaking ribs and a pained whimper from the mook.

"Yeah...a real shame." Aparangi said.

Edited by Smaug the Terrible

IC Jrahann:

Jrahann stepped out of the tunnel highway and out into the sunlit jungle of Le-Koro. "Well, here we are again!" She turned back to her companions, the Toa of Sonics called Asuno and Dia the Fe-Matoran. "So how are we going to find this tournament? I don't think they've hung up signs."

IC Asuno:

"I'm sure our companion knows," he replied, turning to the Fe-Matoran.

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

OOC:

IC:

A pair of emerald eyes flashes through the gloom of descending twilight. The glow of a heartlight pulses faintly beneath a coarse cloak wrapped about a being's slim frame. The garment's tail swishes out a plaintive cadence on the leafy ground, a rhythm nearly masked by the faint crackle of twigs beneath the being's feet.

In the darkness before the dawn

Lekua.

In the swirling of the storm
When I'm rolling with the punches and hope is gone
Leave a light, a light on

Lekua. That is his name, though months have passed since he last was called such.

Lekua.

Lekua glances to his left. A glowing pair of green eyes meets his own. A dark silhouette emerges from the gloom. A Matoran.

Lekua.

Millions of miles from home
In the swirling swimming on
When I'm rolling with the thunder but bleed from thorns

Lekua's lips part around the beginning of a question, but the apparition takes a silent backward step and is gone. Lekua's mouth falls closed. His cloak ripples as he turns back to his course through the jungle.

The section of Le-Wahi through which Lekua is traveling is an old one. The brush is thick and the gargantuan trees reach heights that would be invisible even in the brightness of day. About the bases of these behemoths gathers a faint but gradually thickening mist. A brakas screams in the distance. Another gives a reply, this one incredibly close. The alarm bells of Ta-Koro peal in Lekua's ears. The headline flashes before his eyes as Stannis' voice echoes from the grayness: Ta-Koro Guard Kapura Dead.

A narrow stream materializes before him, and as Lekua leaps across its breadth its gurgle becomes the words of the Ta-Matoran. I don't suppose any of you happen to be called Aurax, or Jarkil, or Lepidran, or Kamnu? A vine brushes his shoulder, and through the swirling fog the Makuta's shadowy tentacles again drag Nuju into the abyss. The brakas screams again, and Lekua hears not the cry of a monkey but that of the rahkshi advancing upon Onu-Koro. The Illusion rahkshi lunges through the mist, as immaterial in the surreality of the twilight jungle as its conjurations had been the night of the attack. Lekua leaps toward the phantasm, blade drawn. His foot catches on an unseen root and the rahkshi dissipates as he plunges through the fog, lands in a roll and springs to his feet at a full sprint.

Lekua's cloak snaps through the air as he vaults his way up to the lower levels of the trees, flying effortlessly forward through the jungle. Leaves rustle and branches tremble in his wake and then he, too, is swallowed in the mist.

-----

As the foliage thins, the fog does the same. It is replaced by a soft rain that drizzles nigh-inaudible on the bare ground. A pair of emerald eyes watches the gentle downpour distort the moonlight as their owner enters the grove, droplets rolling off the tail of his coarse cloak.

A dark silhouette emerges from the gloom and Lekua finds an arrow knocked a bio from his throat. He scans the figure. A mook.

"Who are you, and what business do you have here?" the mook inquires.

"I am a gladiator," is Lekua's quiet reply. His shoulders rise and fall beneath his cloak. "I have come to gladiate."

The mook nods, but her weapon remains trained on its mark. Her head signals Lekua to proceed further into the moonlit grove. He does so, and she follows.

"Quite the security system," Lekua murmurs.

"Never can be too careful," says the mook.

The two melt into the rainy night.

Edited by Baltarc
  • Upvote 1

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Tarex merely stood in silence, glancing out of the corner of his eye to Trava.

Hm. So Kunitu was Gukko Force?

"Tarex." he said simply, inclining his head momentarily towards the newcomer before diverting his attention back to Esao.

helo frens

IC(Aparangi):

"Prey? I think you don't get how this survival of the fittest thing works."

The Toa shrugged. "Then again, you're hiding out here in the jungle away from the villages, having your pets get your 'prey' for you. What a mighty fine hunter you are."