BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Vyartha slowed her approach, stopping about two feet from the Toa of Ice. Her grin was luminescent in the darkness.

"Oh yes, our employer," she said, the last word spat out like one would spit out a poison. "I don't suppose any of you have given thought as to the identity of this mysterious being, not to mention their intentions of bringing this paltry procession of persons together tonight?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"You talk too much." The voice was sharp as a whip, smooth in its cadence with a disdainful rasp. From his branch, Envy looked down on the Toa of Fire disdainfully, his own whip coiled around his right arm from wrist to tricep like a snake. His eyes were green as grass and wide, singer's eyes, but they beheld the assortment of Toa with derisiveness in the place of poetry. His body was similarly relaxed, but corded muscle was visible from running and hunting, killing with bare hands. A spear was slung over his back, oily and dangerous in the dim light of the jungle. A killer, through and through. That's what I've become. You have to kill a few people to become a king. They'd learned that well enough in Ga-Koro.

"Last Pride didn't talk so much."

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Last Pride was run out of Ga-Koro like a common criminal," Vyartha, barely giving the newcomer a cursory glance, the likes of which was only to ensure his identity as a chosen member of the ensemble rather than an interloper. "As was the last Envy, if I remember correctly."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Our last Wrath was the son of subpar recruiting," Envy said lightly, looking at Vyartha like she was made of dirt that had pulled itself out of the ground and decided to mouth off at him. "I trust none of you will prance around in front of the Matoran and rattle off a manifesto of each other's crimes? No? Good."

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The first Daedra had liked to mock him too, but he had proven his worth; where Pride, Sloth and Wrath had transgressed their very names and identities, where Greed had broken like a coward and Gluttony had run and hide and Lust had fled like a coward, Envy alone had fought his way to escape from Ga-Wahi. Envy alone had improved himself, to the point where even the name did not bother him anymore, where once he insisted so readily on Dico.

"You can certainly try. May the odds be ever in your favor and all that."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Komae [Pala-Koro outskirts]

"...No, it certainly isn't." Komae looked out over Pala-Koro with curiosity. The village was a half-finished thing at best; there was an inn, or at least something close enough, and a few scattered houses, but by and large it was still - hollow. Yes, that was a good word for it. But that was to be expected, after all.

He sighed. "Oh, well. I was hoping for Le-Koro, not some cheap knockoff, but I guess that's all you can hope for these days." His smile snapped back into place. "Alright, Beosach! Let's go be merchants - or traders, at least."

Before the other Matoran could respond, Komae stepped over the last of the brush and into the village clearing, cupping his hands to his mouth as he went. "Excuuuuuuuuuuse me, everybody!" he yelled to the village in general. "Sorry for taking your time with a boring story like this, but we were just shipwrecked and hacked our way through the jungle. Anyone willing to trade us some food and water? We're in fairly bad shape."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Akura

Akura jumped onto a low hanging branch directly above him, attempting to get out of the peeved Toa's path. "I doubt our employer would want to draw to much attention to ourselves, something a battle royale would no doubt draw. However, assuming I fail to dissuade you, I am willing to use force to pacify you." Akura leaped onto the ground behind the Toa, lowering his hood and drawing his blade. "However, I would hope we get to know each other through more peaceful means."

Edited by Observedhalo

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

-IC:-

Kaihoro's eyes turned slowly, swivelling from face to face with a bizarre combination of unhinged esurience and intelligent, deliberate movement. He seemed to be absorbing details with a twisted pleasure; the information was sweet within his brain, as blissful as a lover's touch. Despite this, no demented smile played on his lips; they remained unusually still, as if he was truly interested by the quarreling Toa. Tur would know full well that this was unlikely; his employer had never been particularly concerned with others. Even slight elictations from the world of disinterest required massive efforts on the part of the suggestor; if the ravenous, grey Toa known as Kaihoro was actually engrossed in the actions of this group, it would mean that they were a dangerous force, a power without equal.

Such assumptions were only partly truthful; Kaihoro was interested, that much was certain, but something darker was crawling forth from the iniquitous recesses of his mind. It was a torsional darkness, coiling around the broken remants of remaining empathy, crushing them with the contortions of its vague form. Simple madness or mere evil was too kind a word for it; it was the mental equivalent of atrocity squared, engorged on the twisted pandemonium of insanity, an abomination that festered within the darkness of malevolence that served as Kaihoro's soul.

The orange flame of Mutungakore's eyes flickered brighter, before subsiding. He ran his long, sickly pale tongue over his lips and teeth, feeling the flesh and metal around his mouth.

The discordant tortuosity of Kaihoro's smile stretched his skin, a brilliant white against the greenish gray of his emaciated form.

Tell me, Venedico,” the words were smooth at first, elegant, debonnaire. Kaihoro did not sound as if he was a friend or benefactor of he who once was Envy, but one who had debts yet reimbursed. “Is it for your forsakers, your comrades, that you have come here today? Or is this proposal of a separate and distinct variety? I have no time for the commiseration of failures.

The words had twisted over time, their composure cracking slightly. Rage and hunger had slipped into the syllables, subtly inflicting emotion into what was intellectual in original composition.

Edited by Kilgore Trout

pNNgXax.jpg

IC Jrahann:

Jrahann didn't understand the reference Asuno made, and felt slightly left out as an outsider to the island. "Some who wannabe? 'Makuta?'"

As they continued, Jrahann turned her head, trying to find some sign of their destination.

IC Asuno:

"Makuta was, well, a bad guy," Asuno replied to his companion. "I thought Skakdi knew him. I forget most stuff about him anyway and he seems dead enough."

He kept walking and asked the Matoran, "Sorry to be a bother, but when are we expected to arrive at our destination?"

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

IC:

Vyartha cleared her throat.

"Though I'm loathe to admit it," she said, sliding her hands into the pockets of her coat, "our ebony friend has a point; this quarrelling, no matter how cathartic it may be, will get us nowhere. Best to leave our disputes for the time being, and return to them at a more ... opportune moment."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Ic: A familiar being descended from without the broken shell of the Nui Rama hive. Her wings blotted out the light through a few holes in the hive's walls as she passed by, and the telltale flutter of her wings confirmed her return to those who could recall.

Her heels hit the ground with a hearty thump and the the twin cloaks of feathers enveloped her like a fluttering blanket before lifting away to reveal Anthyn's alabaster and crimson body. Without waiting, she ponderously sauntered into the hive and towards the Obelisk that served as the divine beacon of the unholy.

The road to the hive wasn't a straight one and was littered by events that, while singularly unremarkable, were collectively altering. If the dread angel cared to entertain the notion of destiny as Matoran knew it she would think the the universe was pushing her towards a destination, but she could never consider such a possibility. Instead, she just took every step with the same degree of loathing as every one before.

It started on the boat she shared with her sister in sadism, Anyanka. Perhaps the only thing she had enjoyed more than catering to her murderous urges was that tiny dreamer, who had seemingly permeated Anthyn's life like a dream herself. Everything about the two girls was perfect, and they would play in the beaches, chat about the circulation systems, map out each other's bodies, conjure new dishes to try that night and hunt for treasure as they saw fit. Being with Anyanka had given Anthyn a welcomed respite from her gloomy purpose in the world, but it was cut short.

One could wonder how a single castaway could have created such an impassable rift in such an endearing relationship, yet there it was, a single dopey-faced Matoran named Jonsnugh, set adrift on a tiny raft with just a stick and a strip of cloth for gear. He'd waved his sail like a banner at the sight of the girl's boat, which must have looked like a superyacht to his deprived eyes. They towed him in and treated him to some water before the adorable demons drilled for information from him with an auger.

(Don't think they didn't.)

He knew nothing useful, though. There was some mention of a pirate ship Jonsnugh served on before getting into an altercation and being set adrift. That had been three days before he was picked up, though; the info was useless, so his pained cries while the drillbit bored though his cranium and came out the occiput proved to be more worthwhile. The disagreement hadn't been over what to do with Jonsnugh's scoops, but rather his body. While Anthyn wanted to turn him into breaded strips, Anyanka had insisted that his age and malnutrition had made him more tasty as a meat pie.

They never agreed on what to do with the corpse's meat, so ultimately the Valkyr took flight, dragging half of Jonsnugh's destroyed corpse in her talons while leaving her friend defiantly screaming at her wake as she flew towards the land.

(Anyanka could have been anywhere by then. Anthyn couldn't have known where.)

As it turned out, his legs were perfect for breaded strips, though their flavour was contingent on proper sauce—which wasn't readily available since the ingredients were that were exclusively Anyanka's and on her boat. From there, Anthyn roamed. Civilization was never accessible, as the mere hint of her presence would have caused an uproar from alarmists who were all too familiar with her infamous figure, so she instead remained in the fringes, preying on the weak wherever she could.

It was on one such day where she rendezvoused with another scavenger soul, Greed, and the idea of a renewed team of sins was crafted. Given promises of the new group being less covert and more revelous than the previous incarnation, Anthyn hopped on the idea. Somewhere between that chance meeting and the current entrance, she found a new slave to live under her whims, but by the agreed upon date and time she didn't allow sidequests to alter her path towards conspired wickedness, and so she was at the mysterious Obelisk as promised.

"Hello, Dico," she cooed with an indiscernible tinge of spite and shrugged her shoulders noncommittally while sweeping her survey from her former ally to the new blood she would surely break.  "Is it just me or did it get really hot in here?"

Truthfully, the temperature had actually dropped.

IC Asuno:

"Makuta was, well, a bad guy," Asuno replied to his companion. "I thought Skakdi knew him. I forget most stuff about him anyway and he seems dead enough." 

He kept walking and asked the Matoran, "Sorry to be a bother, but when are we expected to arrive at our destination?"

IC: Dia

"Well..." She started, but then, she noticed something through the canopy. "I think we might want to hide..." She quickly looked up to her companions. "Now!" With the word, she rolled into the thick canopy.

IC Asuno:

"Well..." She started, but then, she noticed something through the canopy. "I think we might want to hide..." She quickly looked up to her companions. "Now!" With the word, she rolled into the thick canopy.

IC: Asuno

Witnessing the matoran rolling into the canopy of the forest, Asuno forcefully whispered "Blast!" and dove in, grabbing Jrahann and pulling her in with him.

"What is it?" He whispered to the Matoran, trying to use his heightened hearing to detect the object of her concern. He attempted to summon the power of his still-broken Akaku. 

Edited by Mr. Lightning Bolt

BZPRPG Character

IC

A sudden wind sprang up, whistling through the charred remains of the Hive that towered over the ancient black Stone and the beings scattered around it. Leaves shivered, branches creaked, and a dark Toa appeared from the shadows, walking slowly, purposefully towards the group. His entrance was perfect, as though he'd planned it, rehearsed it, prepared for the grand reveal, the lifting of the curtain. The third act. 

He lifted his eyes to his new companions. They were red, deep and bright, alight with intent and a ferocity approaching the edge of sanity, shining out from a black Kanohi, pitted and scratched. His armour was half leather and half steel, painstakingly pieced together to provide some protection. His arms were muscular but scarred; a short sword swung from his hip, and a tattered black cloak trailed in his wake, giving him the air of a king, albeit one whose kingdom was the jungle and whose subjects were all beasts.

He stopped in their midst; he looked from Toa to Toa, his face betraying neither approval nor disappointment. He'd chosen them, much as he'd chosen his first team, but this time, something was different. All could sense something strange about this ramshackle Toa, but only Dico and Anthyn would be able to pinpoint the change.

Ketan had died in Ga-Koro. Only Greed remained.

Silence reigned for a long while; even the bickering ceased as the Toa waited for their summoner to speak. He no longer carried an aura of leadership; his stature no longer resembled anything close to majesty; but his eyes were dangerous, and they commanded respect.

"Where," he said at last, his voice soft and sweet. "Is the seventh?"

IC: (Rama Hive, Le-Wahi)

The letter had come as a surprise.

She had read it a hundred times over before she made her decision, every hesitant glance only serving to leave the offer even more shamefully tantalising. She had nowhere to go, barely a shadow of her former self. The letter meant a new name and a new life. It was not an opportunity she intended to pass up.

But even now, making her way through the jungle towards the ruins of the Rama Hive, she felt a pang of guilt, something of the person she had been desperately crying out for attention. This isn’t right, it argued. This isn’t who you are. She dismissed it, ignoring the tears she felt creeping into her eyes. Circumstances had changed; the person she once was no longer mattered. Her new world had no place for pride.

It had been a difficult journey – she had been staying in Ga-Koro when the message first reached her, having found herself there while resting between Ta and Po. The rest had gone on longer than she had anticipated, her old habits catching up with her as she drowned herself in alcohol and went for days without eating. It was a far cry from what she had once enjoyed – there was one night in particular, forever embedded in her memory, spent in an expensive room with a banquet piled high around her, everything the venue had to offer. With a small smile that withered and died even as it was forming, she recalled each and every dessert she had revelled in. It was a different time then, when she still believed that she could get away with overindulgence, that there was no consequence to an insatiable appetite.
Life, as it transpired, hadn’t taken long to repair that misconception. She fell victim to greed and to lust, and together they devoured her, destroyed the person she had been and ate away at her soul until it was only a shadow of its former self. No matter what her intentions had been in the beginning, they had gradually been corrupted by the life she had chosen to lead. Even once she should have been free she had allowed herself to succumb to jealousy, every decision tearing a deeper rift in her heart, leaving her green eyes a little dimmer. Some days she wasn’t sure whether she loved him or hated him. Some days it didn’t even matter. By the time she realised what had become of her, it was already too late. Bitterness and resentment consumed her.

Even from a distance, she could tell that the others had begun to gather. The harsh words that echoed through the humid air left no doubt that she was in the right place. She arrived mere moments after their king had made his entrance, standing proud and defeated over the sinners that gathered around him, and as he spoke the jungle carried his voice to where she stood, just beyond the clearing’s reach.

“Where,” Ketan said at last, his voice soft and sweet. "Is the seventh?"

Her dried eyes cold and harsh, she stepped into the clearing, looking around her at the miserable conglomeration, the sinners she had made her allies. Without saying a word, Nikarra turned to Ketan, glaring into his deranged eyes for just long enough to let him know that she was the one, before turning her gaze back to the other Toa. She was the seventh, the final piece.

She was Sloth.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC:

Upon arriving in Le-Koro, Naria noticed something relatively exasperating: she had absolutely no idea how to get around the place. And none of the Le-Matoran around were good at giving directions, mainly because to Naria, every tree looked the same as every other tree and she had no idea where the Bright-Star Inn or the Gukko Force HQ or such other things were. She did, however, manage to find herself to the Kolhii field (she still wasn't sure how), and she was currently standing there being annoyed and wishing she had somebody she knew to lead her around.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

There was no one at the Kohlii field. That one threw Naria for a loop. 

She had stood, sat, and crouched around the Le-Koro pitch for going on a quarter of an hour before a muscular Le-Matoran showed up with his sports equipment. He was wearing a Gukko Force insignia on a Kohlii player's top on his torso and an easy smile on his open face; he let his gym bag slide off his shoulder down his arm onto the trimmed grass and pulled a pair of fingerless leather Kohlii gloves out of his jacket pocket before he looked up. His eyes were a bright, guileless green, and found Naria purely by accident while they roved around the field; he dropped the glove he hadn't slipped on his hand yet and bounded over the pitch like a torpedo. She looked over at him, purely out of the same happenstance, and Cysero had wrapped her by the small of the back in an embrace that defied all personal bubbles, She took a quick, wheezing breath and wiggled her feet inches above the Kohlii pitch; the Le-Matoran took the hint and set her down before throwing his arms around her neck and hugging her again.

"Naria! You're in Le-Koro! Why didn't you tell me? I would have made sure you had an escort. I would have been your escort! You look...wow, you look great! Here for Kohlii? Are we gonna play Kohlii? You should try some of the restaurants while you're here, there's a great sandwich place they put up just a few minutes walk from here, it's for the people coming from and leaving the pitch and they have the hugest sandwich buns...I missed you, you know!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Try harder," Naria replied, smiling slightly. "You just threw out four different ideas in as many seconds, now switch gears and take a moment to get some air back in your lungs before I need to give you CPR." She hugged the Le-Matoran back, still smiling, before unwrapping her arm from him - and unwrapping his arms from her neck before he accidentally killed her - before grabbing the bag with the two bottles of wine.

"Although, if you want to be my escort so badly, you can escort me to Kongu before we start having fun. I need to give him something for Hahli."

profiles i guess

IC:

Cysero withdrew from the hug and was halfway through nodding before his forehead scrunched in thought and enlightenment seeped into the corners of his eyes. "You don't know where the Akiri works at, do you? That's why you were here - you were looking for me! You need my help!"

"No," Naria said.

"Yes!"

"No," Naria said.

"Yes!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"No, I wasn't. I was trying to find my way around and somehow ended up here and decided to wait until somebody showed up so I could enlist them to help me." When Cysero started to look sad right after she had said that, his eyes growing wide and watery like a baby Kavinika's, Naria sighed, shaking her head.

"Would it make you feel better if I just said yes and agreed with you?"

Not satisfied with saying yes only once, Cysero said yes about sixty times in about ten seconds, grabbing onto Naria again.

"Cysero, breathe."

profiles i guess

"Alright, so that over there, I suspect, is the place where they took her, but what we need to do right now is plan our next move. There are bound to be some kind of defenses here... we can't just rush in head-first without a plan."

IC Asuno: 

"Hmm. I can use my Sonic powers to stun them," Asuno told the matoran, "But if you want killing, that's gonna be Jrahann's job, as well as yours."

He put away the disc launcher he was holding the whole time and drew his Tuner blades.  

"Do you know what it's like inside or are we riding a Kane-Ra?"

BZPRPG Character

IC:

"Workin' on it." Cysero spun on his heel and took a deep breath, pacing his steps one foot in front of the other until he picked up his gym bag and slid on his other glove. Then he spun around on his heel yet again and took the same careful, deliberate steps until he was in range to put his arm around Naria's waist and walk with her out of the pitch, into the Koro at large.

"There, see? It's no problem," he said, almost hoarsely, as if he were about to pop. "I'm doin' just fine."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

For once, though, the Le-Matoran had put a leash on his hyperactivity after all; he held out his hands and cracked his knuckles all at once before turning to look at the Ga-Matoran in step beside him. "So, what is it that Hahli needs from Kongu? Is it about what's happening in Ko-Koro?"

"I'm not sure. I was given two bottles of wine and said to give them to Kongu. If I didn't know better, I'd say Hahli took advantage of Ga-Matoran stereotypes and left a message in one of the bottles somehow."

Cys grinned and shrugged to himself. "Kongu'll like that. Just wondering. The architect was here only a few days ago, wanted to talk to Kongu himself. Name, name, what's his name...Matoro's Hand, you know the guy? Don't know what he and Kongu talked about, but from what I've heard things have been pretty crazy up in the snows since Matoro died. A couple of the guys and I thought, you know, maybe he was trying to make a bid to replace Matoro as Akiri. There's supposed to be an election, like there was after the Turaga died, but...anyway, he talked to Kongu, came and left. Friendly enough guy. Definitely a politician, though. Has he come to see Hahli yet? Do you know?"

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Tarex merely stood in silence, glancing out of the corner of his eye to Trava.

Hm. So Kunitu was Gukko Force?

"Tarex." he said simply, inclining his head momentarily towards the newcomer before diverting his attention back to Esao.

IC: Kunitu

"You hungry?"

IC: Kunitu

Pala-koro was quite the nice place, if Kunitu was to be honest with herself.

Even if it was still in pieces after the assault.

"So what other plans do you have for the rebuilding?" she asked, looking towards Esao.

IC: Trava (Pala-Koro)

"Yeah, do tell," she supplemented Kunitu, even as her stance shifted with a sway in her hips, implying clear nonchalance or indifference at the prospect, although...

"Please tell me 'getting rid of the smell' is high on your priority list"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Timeskip for the Sarsi...

IC: Liano

Most of the tree's inmates found it rather difficult to see, courtesy of little to no lighting. Nothing but a few miniature cracks way up high and the colorful glow of dim heartlights and weary eyes to dispel the darkness. Liano liked it this way.

That's not to say he enjoyed the prison in any way. Its hollow interior was crammed with people, stripped of their powers through varying means and for the Sarsi, that meant no weapons and no masks. No one inside really knew anything, other than they'd all been hit on the head pretty hard or jumped by strangers with sticks. With all sort of conversation exhausted, just as they were, there wasn't much else to do but wait in silence.

Right now, he wondered how strangers with sticks bested them all.

Dia gave the expressive equivalent of saying 'well...', looking to the supposed 'arena' they were targeting, then looked back to her companions. "Kane-Ra riding it is"

IC Asuno:

Asuno began charging himself full of sonic energy. Once he felt he had enough to go on for the initial blast, he turned to his companions. 

"Ok," he sighed, "This'll definitely incapacitate whatever or whoever's directly up ahead for a bit. You two ready?"

BZPRPG Character

IC:

"Ambages, or something like that?" Naria asked, nodding. "Yeah, he came by a long time ago. I wasn't privy to the meeting but I get the feeling that Hahli wasn't too interested in meeting him...Although I think this was before Matoro died."

profiles i guess

IC:

"What about that, anyway?" he asked. "We don't get a lot of news this far south - I mean, we know Matoro died, we know they locked the city down, and then nothing concrete. At least, nothing concrete from Kongu. Nobody thinks it's going to end badly, but I mean, things were pretty tense with Po-Koro for a while and they're just now settling down, so we were hoping it was open and shut."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME