Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC:Heuani stared across the alley at Hiemalis. The Toa of Shadow's face was unreadable, save that his eyes were sponges for the darkness light around. The alley darkened drastically. The blackness around Heuani obeyed his commands and surged in towards the ice bonds that held him to the wall. The shadows were like solid wisps of cloud, and they pounded at the bonds Hiemalis had made.The ice, even when maintained by Hiemalis' power, nevertheless cracked under the pressure of the shadows. With only minor visible effort, Heuani jerked his legs free from their shackles, shattering the ice. His arms followed in similar fashion, and with his strong fingers, Heuani freed his neck. With a final and triumphant blow from the nebulous of shadowy arms around him, Heuani's middle bond also broke. The Toa of Shadow was freed. He landed gracefully on the ground. "Equals," Heuani commented with casual scorn. "We are not equal, Hiemalis. My power is greater than that of any other Toa; I can break your ice sculptures, but you can do nothing against the dark." On cue, the shadow-arms behind Heuani surged in and pummeled Hiemalis. The Toa of Ice, still restrained, had his breath knocked out of him by the blows, and had to focus intently to be sure that worse damage would not be inflicted. Heuani strode closer with his hands behind his back as Hiemalis took the beating, or tried to block the assaulting shadows with ice shields. "My master has equipped me to be as I am," Heuani went on as he drew closer, lay his fingers on Hiemalis' leg. "You will never be my equal. I will not grace you with my name, why should I?"

test2.png

Ic: "I don't need a puppeteer's additions to be better," Hiemalis retorted. "And I will not surrender to your shadowplay. I will... NOT!" Changing his strategy, Hiemalis directed his power away from protecting himself to attacking Heuani. Hiemalis was disgusted, not at anyone but their tactics. Everywhere he went in civilization, people liked to shackle him, to bind him, to keep him defenseless. First against Dail, who pressured him with air twice and hounded him with vacuums. Then he was imprisoned, separated from his power. And now here, against this minion of the Makuta, who used shadows to keep him pressed. He had had enough of this nonsense, enough of this balderdashery. But he was clever enough to know brute force was not going to help him. He could not argue with Heuani's abilities -- he already demonstrated his power -- but Hiemalis wasn't going to suffer another defeat.Hiemalis was Heuani's equal in terms of enigmatism and intellect, but that did not mean they shared the same level of power -- they didn't have to, Hiemalis had other things he was good at. Still, Hiemalis was not going to give Heuani a blatant win. The toa of shadow could always batter away ice sculptures, but the cold was something else. Heuani could feel himself descend into an icy abyss, and he could not resist the shivering that naturally occurred. His muscles began to ache and movement began to only become more stressed. Every twitch send a jolt of pain through his nerves, and the realization of what was happening struck hard as Hiemalis narrated it: "I'm freezing your body and blood," he said coolly even as he accepted the strikes from the material shadows as a fact of life, a painful and disfiguring fact. "Unless you stop, you'll be dead in ten... Nine... Eight..."

Edited by James Lester

IC: Lekua​Lekua was about to ask Stannis why anyone would need a heatstone in Ta-Koro when the alarm bells began to toll."The Koro alarm," said Stannis. "We have to move."That was when the ruins of the hospital exploded. Lekua didn't know whether this was the work of the servants of darkness or a common criminal, but either way, he wasn't about to argue. He threw the heatstone box into his pack, grabbed the copy of the Daily off the floor, and hurried after Stannis.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC:When Trad reached the ruins of the hospital, it was chaos. The bodies of dead Matoran were littered everywhere. He gulped, shivers of cold running down his neck. He had the feeling that he was not alone.

"Wer Traumt?"

OOC: I wonder if you two would mind if Corik jumped in. Probably, but it would be funny. I'll wait for somebody to tell him to.IC-Corik:Corik woke, slumped against a wall. There was an alley near him, and he had a terrible headache. Oddest of all, it was a little cooler than usual. He shook his head, standing up. He thought he heard the sounds of fighting from the alley, but he couldn't be sure. He stepped into the building he was up against, a small bar, to get some Bula Juice.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: That was quite creative.IC:Heuani felt his insides harden and his blood slow as Hiemalis chilled the environment around. Heuani grew to be very uncomfortable, and then pained. Every freezing fiber of his body urged him to do what it would take to put a stop to the freezing process. So Heuani did so, but not in the manner Hiemalis had demanded. Still touching Hiemalis' leg, Heuani activated his Kanohi Felnas. Immediately, it took effect, for the intense and precise drain of temperature was a fragile process and thus easy to disrupt. Hiemalis was now experiencing an internal discomfort of his own, one that mounted by the instant. The Toa of Ice, used to deft control over his element, felt utterly alien reserves of elemental energy build up inside of him against his will. He felt as though every part of his body was now being pressurized, expanded like a balloon that would soon have to pop. Hiemalis tried to snap his leg away to stop the effects of the mask, but Heuani grabbed his forearm with his other hand, and hung on tenaciously. In using his mask power, Heuani's focus was diverted from his shadow bonds to the Felnas; the shadow bonds dissipated, and Hiemalis slid down the wall ungraciously. Heuani kept him up against it, hand still vice-like on Hiemalis' arm, and his other hand pressed, fingers spread, over the Toa of Ice's sternum. The breaking point grew nearer and nearer, Hiemalis felt it; an instant more and his elemental powers would explode out of him in an unprecedented and monstrous way.

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

IC: (Aboard the Infernavika)Perkahn observed the argument. He wasn't intent on getting into it by far, although he was tempted. Oh so tempted, even if most of his arguments consisted of him slamming a sword down a person's throat. He was never good with prolonged oratory.That Laviha person was so annoying. He hated annoying people. Oh so much.

Edited by Dovydas of Gulet

OOC: Everybody hates Laviha. Derp.IC-Kaylov:Kaylov dropped from the Gukko, sending it back to Ko-Koro. He was somewhat surprised the Gukko could withstand such low temperatures-but if the Matoran could, it stands to reason that a Rahi that is three times their size could too. He then walked through the streets, looking for the person Fictus had described to him.He found them, walking around. Fictus was right-there certainly was quite a bit of smoke coming from them. He walked up to the being named Vibaya, and tapped him on the shoulder."I need to speak to you, Vibaya," he said simply. Most likely, the use of the being's name would cause him to turn around to see who was addressing him.

profiles i guess

OOC: Hey, at least Song has an excuse. Laviha threatened her when they first met. Also, there is a time-skip present in this post. I will deal with any time issues as they arise. Please don't kill me.IC: SongSong was vaguely aware that at some point, she had woken and located a bed. After that, she wasn't aware of anything until a few hours later when she woke again.Song groaned. She had a horrible headache. That was to be expected. She chided herself. You drank almost two bottles of Salamanders'.Groggily, she stood. Her memory of the short time before she went to sleep, but she could vaguely remember arguing with Laviha. Then again, that might have been a figment of her drunk mind. Well, only one way to find out. Song grimaced, and stood.Activating her Kakama, she ran around the ship until she located Laviha. She deactivated her mask behind the Toa. She grimaced again. "Excuse me, Miss. Did what I think happened happen?" SHe ignored Grochi, though he was there, since if her memories were correct, he wasn't her biggest problem.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: (Aboard the Infernavika)Perkahn, meanwhile, did not have the relief of getting sleep that night. He stood at the same point beside Onewa's cell, waiting for something to happen, for the elder to wake. Perkahn needed him to wake, and needed to talk to him, before Raknar would end up ransoming him back to Po-Koro. After all, in an at the very least roundabout way, his life depended on it.Onewa, of course, didn't seem to be intent to wake, as if to spite Perkahn. Only natural. He was an old, old Turaga.

Edited by Dovydas of Gulet

Ooc: I did warn you about using that mask in those small confines.Ic: He at first tried to contain the power -- a surge that sent his already rejuvenated energies cascading over the limits -- but soon learned that it was to no avail. The toa's mask proved more powerful, more strange than he expected. Hiemalis was not prepared to have the aberrant powers of this being, not able to draft feasible defense against someone so uncanny. A toa who could manipulate the shade and turn someone else's own powers against them was too astounding even for Hiemalis. And so he relented, he bowed to the pressure building inside him and did the only thing he could have done.He released his power.It was unpredictable, and in the narrow alley the suddenly released ice had the safe effect as it had within Hiemalis' body. The explosion of frosty elemental power blew out of every part of Hiemalis' body -- hands, feet, arms, legs, chest and even head -- exploding as if the toa of ice himself was a grenade. The sheer force of the sudden expulsion of power threw even Heuani back, plastering him to the wall where he was chained mere instances ago, and Hiemalis was flattened against his own wall, driven back by the ballast of his power. But the attack did not halt despite the disconnect of the Felnas' link to Hiemalis -- Hiemalis had already been flushed with power, and now nothing, not even the halting of the Felnas' powers, could stop it other than to release that force. He cried loudly, his crackling voice pouring out as the sound of the ice he conjured, defiant, pained.The alley soon turned into a white glacier, the ice climbed higher like a raging flood, and it soon enveloped both toa in its icy climb. But the narrow alley could not hold that sort of power, that mass, and the sound of crunching ice was soon joined by another fragmenting sound, all magnified to the two toa under the icy mantle, echoing within the ice such that the toa felt a new pain, the pain of sonics, though neither could do anything about it, frozen in place, ears open to the rushing sounds. The cracking could be heard in bursts, and then in volleys as it was revealed that the buildings they were with were being broken.They shattered in unison, caving in to make room for the balooning ice formation, and the light that abounded outside the alley suddenly washed into the ball of ice, illuminating it as if it were a geode under a mission lasers. Their inhabitants of the buildings were crushed, either by the rushing ice or by their own collapsing walls. The ice, as if it had a mind of its own, sensed the new space and sought it out instantly, consuming the pockets and taking them over. And then, finally, the rushing stopped.The surplus the Felnas had created had been exhausted and Hiemalis had stopping releasing his power. The two toa were there, frozen in the frigid boulder, and now all was still.

OOC:...Corik got out of that Bar, thank you very much.IC-Corik:Corik heard a cracking sound in the bar, coming from the direction of the alley. "What on Earth is going on over there?" He asked nobody, before noticing the cracks in the walls. He dropped a few widgets and his drink, before jumping quickly out of the bar and activating his Pakari, making a quick leap to halfway down the alley. He turned back, noticing something rather odd. The buildings flanking the alley collapsed, pushed by an otherwordly boulder of ice. He covered his ears to avoid hearing the cracking sound.Once everything was over, he came quickly up to the ice boulder, looking in. There appeared to be a couple beings frozen within. He stopped, unsure as to how to deal with the situation.IC-Kaylov:"That's better," Kaylov said. "I want you to do something for the island, that doesn't involve killing anybody. At least, it hopefully won't." He shrugged, looking up in the sky. "Turaga Onewa has been taken, by a ship called the Infernavika. They're currently at the docks here, or so I believe. I want you to watch them carefully, and try to get the Turaga out of the ship if you can." He then turned toward's Turaga Vakama's hut."I, meanwhile, have to warn Turaga Vakama about these kidnappers." He turned back to the tall Kale Roho. "Whatever you do, try not to kill anybody, despite what Nex tells you to do."

profiles i guess

IC: Kitsune & Raion, Ta / Ga BorderKitsune entered the camp before Raion, carring a few pounds of mushrooms and wild vegetables. "Good morning!" She said cheerfully(I'm assuming it's morning). Raion entered after her, dragging the Kane-Ra behind him. "Anyone up for steaks?" He asked with a grin.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: - Ta-koro - The Royal Court -

The King was waiting with bated breath for the success of his son in his mission, of course he realized he was probably just departing by sea now. He turned to The Scribe. "Scribe...are the pamflets that I requested...ready?"

"Yes your Majesty!" The Scribe said.

"Good...send for The Courier." The King ordered. Without another word, a small bird-like rahi was sent with a small note to fetch The Courier. The Bird passed the two guards.

"Hey number one! It's a bird!" Guard #2 pointed.

"Yes, yes it is. Thank you for pointing it out...."

"I spy something...with feathers!"

Guard #1 sighed. "Is it....a bird?"

"You're so good at this game number one!"

Guard #1 smacked Guard #2 upside the head.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: KraynKrayn listened intently. The first sounds were coming from the ship. Some question about a previous event. Little did Krayn know that Skyra knew the voice on the other end. After all, he had met Song before.IC: JikalJikal followed behind Kitsune and Raion, his cloak being used as a sack slung over his shoulder. He grinned. "I've got some small game, and more importantly, seasonings! " Then he grinned again. "I have garlic!" He said gleefully.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Adding garlic to a meal adds +10 awesome points. :biggrin:Or so my mom says...IC: MixmasterThe huge Skakdi wlked casually through Ta-Koro. He was bored. Really bored. Really, really bored. So bored that he was bored of thinking of how bored he was.

Edited by Acrophobia

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Oh yeah....I forgot about taht...Skyra...XDIC: Xxeth - Infernavika -Xxeth sped to right behind Song. "Well...good morning. Sleep well?" IC: Skyra - Docks -Skyra recognized Song's voice. "I know that voice...two actually...it...can't be..." He had most definitely heard Song's voice...and then....his brothers...."Okay...I recognized the female voice...it's from a Toa of Lightning named Song...she was a teacher though...what's she doing on a pirate ship? And I'm sure you know who that other voice is...Xxeth..." Of course Krayn knew who Xxeth was...one of the few things Skyra and Krayn probably agreed on was his banishment.

IC: Vibaya"Protecting Turaga? That does not seem to fit with what I know of Nex... why would he agree to send someone after a ship to save the Turaga? It doesn't add up right... something must be..." He stopped himself, slight realization dawning upon him. "I will go... the Infernal Vika you said was its name?"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC-Kaylov:"Infernavika," Kaylov corrected gently. "Just cut out the 'L' and you'll be fine." Then he smiled. "As to why Nex wants you to do this, well, it's a favor for an old friend. Ask him sometime, if you get the chance." He turned to leave."Just give him the name 'Kaylov,' and he'll know who you're talking about."

profiles i guess

OOC: Gravity, I'm with your mom on this one. Garlic is awesome. IC: SongSong raised an eyebrow at Xxeth. "Whaddya think, Xxexal? I have a monster hangover, and I wouldn't so much call it sleep as passing out. After all, I was pretty much poisoned."IC: KraynKrayn frowned. "If Xxeth is here, than things become a bit more complicated. And this Song. So you think it is a possibility she is a hostage? Nothing I'm hearing indicates otherwise."OOC: Also, Snelly. I am intentional wording Song's responses to be ambiguous as to whether or not she was kidnapped.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Xxeth - Infernavika -"Poisoned? What did you do? Drink a Salamander or two?" He was pretty much just making conversation out of sheer boredom. "The old geezer in the cell still hasn't woken up, I'm half tempted to splash him with a bucket of water. That would wake up the old Turaga." IC: Skyra - Docks -"I don't know...she isn't really acting like a hostage, then again...she probably wouldn't...I only met her once...but she was that kind of person...if you know what I mean..." Skyra and Krayn had heard the word Turaga used...but not Onewa...so it didn't mean for sure that was who they were referring too, but it made it all the more likely.

OOC: I did know. Because now I can do this.IC:Hiemalis could not have seen Heuani through the feet of glacial ice that separated them. If the exhausted Toa could have, though, he would have noted that Heuani was smiling again, a smile colder than the ice that now trapped him. Heuani was unable to move from his pose at the moment of impact - arms thrown out by the blast, partway into the air - but the heat of his breath and face quickly melted enough of the ice for Heuani's face to smile. The Toa of Shadow knew that the Felnas had sucked his enemy dry of any and all strength, for Hiemalis' reserves of energy had just been unwillingly drained, extracted by the power of the mask. Hiemalis would not be able to manipulate the ice to let himself out for a long time; until he could, Heuani knew that the Toa of Ice would suffocate on his own breath. Heuani noted the irony - a Toa of Ice being killed by a glacier. His smile widened.Heuani was not worried. His breath was measured, patient, because for Heuani, escape would only be moments away. He did not have to wait long. A curious passerby outside what had been the alley stared incredulously at Hiemalis' instantaneous glacier. Though Heuani could not see the features of this passerby, that was irrelevant, because what was more important was that the being cast a shadow which could be seen vaguely through the ice. It was a meager shadow, but a shadow nonetheless.It was certainly enough for Heuani. He seized the darkness, dissolved into it, leaving nothing behind save a Toa-shaped cavity in the ice. ...

test2.png

IC: Song"Ha. I can hold my Salamanders' just fine, thank you very much, Xxexal." Song commented. "As for the Turaga, I don't know. Wouldn't your Captain want him treated with civility?"IC: KraynKrayn smirked at Skyra. "In other words, she acts like you." His tone held a note of sarcasm, but his mind was racing. Not only was Xxeth confirmed to be on the ship, but there was a possible hostage scenario. Xxeth wasn't as large a problem, Skyra probably knew he had urged for Xxeth's banishment, but Song was another matter.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Corik:Corik gasped-one of the beings that had been trapped in the ice had just vanished. He rubbed his eyes-probably a trick of the light and his shadow. He barely saw the other being who was still trapped, and he grabbed his axe. If this Toa was trapped, he might as well get him out. He started hacking at the ice.IC-Kaylov:Kaylov sighed, coming up to Turaga Vakama's door. He really didn't want to explain how he'd gotten help to get Onewa back, but he had to make sure to warn Vakama. He knocked on the door."Turaga Vakama!" He called. "I have a message for you."

profiles i guess

IC: NicolThe Matoran was lounging around on one of the huts in King's little domain, when he saw a bird flying towards. He streched out a finger for the bird to land on. "Hey little guy," the Matoran called out to bird, his soothing, quiet, voice calming the rahi. The bird the landed on his finger, just as was to be expected for someone like Nicol. The Matoran then noticed the note attached, gingerly taking it off the bird, he read. In an instant his mood soured. So, the blasted King wants me. Annoyed the Matoran got up and ran. It wasn't long before he was at the palace.IC: SoranI'd been thrown off guard by the sudden eruption of the glacier. The ice in question was massive, and mysterious. Mysterious enough for me to investigate. So that's what I was doing right now, taking note of every detail. First it seemed a Toa had escaped, leaving behind just a cavity. Second another Toa was pathetically trying to hack away the ice in a meager effort to free the Toa within. The Toa in question was one of ice. It seemed he had trapped himself, how pathetic. Still something about him suggested power, I had feeling this was the infamous Lord of Winter the Matoran told me about. That meant just one thing, I had to help him. Again, fireballs appeared in my hand, which soon found themselves hurtling towards the ice in quick succession, melting there way towards Hiemalis. As for the Toa hacking away, well he may or may not have been burned.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Skyra - Docks -Skyra just rolled his eyes at Krayn as they listened. Though he made no attempt to argue.IC: Xxeth - Infernavika -"Heh. Civility...what is considered civil can...differ from person to person." He grinned maliciously. "Besides...I just want to have a little 'chat' with the leader of Po-koro." -------------------------"Okay...I think that just about bloody confirms it...Turaga Onewa is on that ship..." Skyra turn toward Krayn. "Let's get to Turaga Vakama's...we should at least speak with him about this before we do anything else."

IC: Ta-koro - The Royal Court -

Nicol was greeted by the two guards. "Hey hey! If it isn't The Courier! How's life man?" "Yeah! How's life?" Guard #2 put in.

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

IC: Mantoxis arrived in Ta-wahi, weapon at the ready. The city had seemed to become a place of war, full of beings with power, but hatred. "This is going to be tough," Mantoxis muttered to himself. Seeing a Toa of fire and toa of ice in an alley filled with ice, Mantoxis rushed to investigate. "This place is just too weird," Mantoxis muttered to himself.OOC: Mantoxis open to interaction

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Ic: The heat of the Koro rushed in and met the glacier, engulfing the shell that currently engulfed Hiemalis. The effects of the savage heat of the city were immediate: The fringes of the ball of ice began to dissipate, creating waterfalls that cascaded off of it and down into the street, gently dribbling cool water onto Corik as he hacked into the ice. Soran's fireballs were a more advanced but more dangerous approach, boring with less effort at Hiemalis.As for the toa himself, watching his nemesis' vanishing act was yet another insult to him. Twice this man had deprived Hiemalis of his control, twice in one hour of being released from his prison. He did not know much about him, although what he did know was enough to go on. Eventually, that toa of shadow would pay, just like all the others Hiemalis aimed to subdue. It would take a while, and he would need more power, but eventually, Hiemalis would triumph.Finally, a fireball came close enough that the toa hacking at the ice struck the right place, and Hiemalis was released from his prison in a pocket of ice and water. His breath, previously well regulated and shallow, became eager and strong as he sucked in the warm air. He fell in a heap, though quickly got up and collapsed onto a pile of rubble, regaining his power as it trickled in.

OOC: Laviha barely threatened her, simply giving her a quick menacing glance. Apparently, that's all that's required to start a full on rivalry. That and I don't see what Perkhan saw to think that she's annoying but everyone has a different perception :PIC: LavihaWell, here was Song again, probably back to cause more trouble. As much as the Toa of magnetism wanted nothing to do with her, ignoring Song would be pretty rude and considering the way she behaved, that wouldn't be taken lightly. Letting out a single silent sigh, Laviha turned around to look at her 'rival'."Unless you specify, I won't be able to answer the question. Does this have to do with yesterday? 'Cause if it does and you want to start another cat fight, then by Karzahni, leave."

IC-Corik:Corik saw the Toa break free of the ice, and ran up to him quickly. "Sir?" he asked. "Would you mind telling me what exactly happened?" He then noticed who exactly the being was, and sighed."Well, it's probably going to cost me my job, but I'm not going to re-arrest you," he said. Then he smiled. "Probably because that giant icicle of yours was spectacular enough I'll let you go on theatrical merit."IC-Grochi:Grochi sighed when Laviha and Song started talking again, moving to where he was between them. "Just to make sure you two don't do anything stupid," he said, turning his head quickly to look at both of them.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: NicolNicol groaned, "How many times to I have to tell you, call me Nicol. I hate the name Courier, your stupid King seems to think that calling everyone by their job is natural. Well it bloody isn't!"IC: SoranI smirked as my last fireball melted through and Hiemalis collapsed, and the other Toa rush towards. For now I was merely going to watch and wait.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Ta-koro - The Royal Court -

"It isn't?" Guard #2 asked, scratching his head. He had another name besides Guard #2? News to him.

"Well...at least you can remember your original name...I bloody forgot what it was...did it start with a Z? Or was it a D....maybe it started with a Q..."

"I think mine started with a '4'."

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic