Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Veros

I gave Atonal a very irritated look. "I'd say you were Captain Obvious of the Ga-Koro Obvious Marines, but that would be too low ranked. I hereby promote you to Brigadier General Obvious with Crimeia as your second-in-command."

"Well, he won't last very long," Crimeia said, grinning. "Since I'd be the one going to backstab him and take his place as Brigadier General Obvious."

"Obviously."

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Sorry, Fanixe, I'll respond to you soon!

IC: Riaril

Riaril became selfconscious of her disfigurement for the first time. The Ga-matoran averted her gaze, but the damage to Riaril's psyche was done. She would have to accept the feelings of inferiority and pity from now on; her patients had done the same after all.

"Yes, I am, though I don't work in this Koro," Riaril said with friendly caution. In a brief diagnosis, Raril figured the woman before her was suffering from a case of stilletos and nothing more. Then again, appearances could be decieving.

"Can I help you Little-One," Riaril asked, her words condescending without meaning to be, made rotten by the scars on her face.

IC: (Vera Polzin)

"Oh. Really? Which Koro do you work in?" The Fe-matoran caught her own social faux pas almost immediately after that. She had forgotten to mention her name. "I must apologize for asking all these questions without even giving my name. I'm sorry, I forget my manners. My name is Vera Polzin. I am the current owner of the Polzin Shipping Company here in Ga-Koro." Vera smiled, her lilac eyes had no trace of pity, rather respect for the Toa of Water. The cerulean women in white in stood tall, proud, and dignified. She looked ever bit the part of the healer, as well as a Toa. In her previous scan over the Toa she had noticed some scars, taking the injury to her left eye into account as well. She had weathered through adversity. That meant she was resilient, and mostly likely capable. All information that stored in her mind, in hopes of dissecting further. This actually gave her an opportunity, but it require further discussion with the healer. For now she had been focusing mostly on speaking to the women. Noticing her earlier gaffe when glancing upon the glaring gouge, where an eye used to be. Definitely the cause of the condescension.

"Healer Toa would you mind if I ask you your name? You could help me if you can spare the effort and time although it's nothing too urgent. In fact it's not really for me, but for a friend. So if you could spare some time we could discuss it further. Perhaps over a meal? It's nearly noon and I feel as though I forgot to eat this morning." Vera smiled, hopefully awaiting the response of the tall Toa of Water.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: VoutokThe De-Matoran remained silent as the funeral concluded. Voutok wasn't anywhere near the breaking point that most of Ga-Koro was a thousand metaphorical miles beyond, mostly due to not knowing the Turaga. Karz, he didn't even know her name completely until she was long dead."Nokama..." he whispered to himself. "I don't know who you are--or rather, were. But...I feel like I understand what has the village so upset. All I can say I guess is...well, may you find peace in...whatever the afterlife is called."He turned to Lenat and the others before another vision could grip his mind."So...how should we approach Ketan?"

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC:

"That can be arranged." Ravage replied, only dropping the usage of his mask after the funeral had ended, and the Arete departed. The black armored Toa returned to view, and glanced at his two companions.

"Would "borrowing" or renting be preferable? Actually, does anyone here have any money whatsoever?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC-Destian:

"Rhow," Destian growled, pulling not just the one Skakdi, but all the Skakdi's, attentions back from the funeral procession, and the Toa moving up to receive some award and issue some proclamation. "I don't think remaining here much longer will be a good idea. If we have to stay, make sure your weapons are nearby."

Trust Destian to be wary of everything and recommending a blades-out philosophy.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Ishi ignored Labelle’s comment as he continued to peruse the wall of haphazard events. Location, time, even date seemed irrelevent in an event’s placement on the wall. It was more a place for the inner tag artist of the archival assistants. Ishi knew there was a more convenient way to reading the information: waiting until it was catalogued. I don’t have time to wait, He thought, reflecting on the clock counting the minutes away in his head. When we entered the marine’s had just started eating. They’re going to be done soon, which means rounds will resume in full force. Getting out will be tricky if that happens. Since this afternoon Ishi’s had learned about the Mark Bearers’ end, a possible coupe in the city, and now scribbles about a tsunami on the southern coast of Le-wahi. He needed to correlate the information.

“Labelle, I need you to find me a map of the island, and set it on the desk,” Ishi said, still moving like an erratic fly across the wall’s length. Labelle paused, her hands slimy from a damp scroll bound in seaweed. The sounds of scraping benches floated through the floor from downstairs.

“I’m sorry, what?”

“A map. Of Mata-Nui.”

Labelle stared at her companion for a moment, eyebrow raised beneath her kanohi. She turned back to the scrolls and said indifferently; “It’s to your right.”

“I know that,” Ishi promptly fired back while continuing to read, waving in the general direction of the framed item with his good hand, then pointing towards a driftwood table in the center of the room. “On the desk.”

OOC: Day and Kai from Ko.IC. Marine Core office.Daylaria and Kaithas had made it back safely. It was raining now, and so they stepped into the office slightly dripping with water. The room was lit with torches, contrasting the rather modern style of the rest of the office. there were many secretaries, each filling out paperwork as she approached. The officers stood, saluted, and say back down with a wave of her hand. No one questioned her "cape," her sword, or her new companion. She walked up to the front desk, instantly going into commander mode."Send word to Onu-Koro. Officer Tarnok of the Ussalry, and anyone accompanying him, has gone rogue. He has likely attempted to cover up his betrayal by saying the same about me. Warn them, as he is a danger to himself and others."With a quick nod, the message was sent from secretary to secretary until a messenger was sent out to Onu-Koro and to the other four major villages. Tarnok would be detained in days, simply because of Daylaria's superiority. The Valkyr led Kaithas through the rain into another part of the building, where reports were being filed by row after row of Matoran. She came up to one of them, tapped her desk, and began speaking."Commander Daylaria. Absent eleven days. Been searching for Kumu-Islet armies. Returned to active duty immediately." She stepped to another Matoran, filling out an equally large pile of reports. Again, she tapped the Matoran's desk. "Kaithas. Renegade with warrant for arrest. Case closed. Target deceased." With a nod and mischievous smile at Kaithas, she walked off. Once they were out of earshot, she whispered softly: "It's that easy."The two departed from the building and towards her home on the beach. It was a quick, watery walk, and they made their way to the large house without skipping a beat. A Matoran butler welcomed them in, as another began preparations for the next meal. Once they were gone, Daylaria settled in a large, comfortable chair near a fire. She motioned towards one near it."Welcome to the good life, Kaithas. Or would you rather be called something else now?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: "This is wrong."I sighed and stayed standing. "Saying Tarnok has gone rogue... That man is the most dedicated being I've ever met. He won't take this lying down." A few seconds later I collapsed into the chair. Morals or not, i hadn't slept in days. I was tired, karz it! "Erith. You can call me Erith. Still, there must be some other way."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC. Daylaria's House."You have to understand...Erith. He is dedicated to something that is completely wrong. There are Makuta followers more dedicated than him. Does that make them right? Who's to say Tarnok hasn't gone rogue, seeing as how he refused an order from a superior commander? You have to see the big picture!" She stood, even as a Matoran brought in a drink. She eagerly took it, bringing the glass to her lips."Look at it this way. Tarnok is chasing you for something that you did in the interest of others. His one-tracked devotion to bringing you- one man -down, has caused him to abandon his own Koro, who is having a rough time if I'm not mistaken. In what way is he helping his Koro? You weren't even in Onu-Koro, his jurisdiction, when he tried to arrest you. That is not within the law."She placed her drink down, settling back in her chair. "Now, sleep. You have the world ahead of you."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Veros

"Well then..." I stood up, cracking my knuckles and started checking my various knives and weapons. "I suggest we start heading towards Ta-Koro. I'm not sure what condition my spare weapons cache is in at the moment. I'd rather be able to go into the fight with Fuse with non-rusted weapons. There's an old saying: "before all else, be armed." And I intend to do just that."

Crim stood up. "Do you really have that many extra weapons?" she asked quizzically.

I grinned lightly. "I suppose you could take that saying as my personal motto. Why else would I carry around so many knives?"

IC: Lenzo

Even though I was heading towards the Suva, I couldn't help finding a nice view and just standing to look out towards the bay. If I had particularly felt like it, a swim would have been in order. It certainly would help take my mind off that...monster that passed by. That Toa had passed by moments before, ignoring me as he headed off in some other direction. I was glad he was gone. If anything, the village was still intact. That meant he was done here. And thank the Great Spirit for that. A gust of wind blew past me, causing my cloak to flap and nearly took my hat off. I readjusted it carefully, tightening its string. It would be such a shame to lose this hat.

OOC: Lenzo open for interaction.

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: I sighed, barely able to keep my eyes open. Into sleep I fell, recent events giving me troubling dreams.My parents didn't make up my name, you know. I was named after someone, a great Toa-hero that saved their entire village once. When I was younger I often wondered if that hero could see me what he'd think.That's why I was going by Erith now. Until I atoned for my mistakes, fully, I wouldn't slander that name. Erith. The Mistaken One.I looked different, too. The green on my armor was beaten and scratched up, the thorns weathered to nubs. My face still looked the same, just a bit more worried. The Ga Koronians likely wouldn't recognize me- not with the parts grown on to my armor to change it's shape.Kaithas was dead.I was Erith now.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Hello Daylaria."A voice said, from behind the Valkyr. When she looked back, she was confronted with a tall Ga-Toa in a blue coat, flanked by a De-Toa. Her expression was stern, but even if Daylaria couldn't recognize the face, the emblem on her collar was a tipoff. Ralin, commander of the Keras Defenders, and one of he village's most respected officers.

"We have a warrant to bring you in for questioning. Ink's still wet. As you should know, it is extremely suspicious when a commander missing without warning for two weeks returns looking nothing like herself, acting nothing like herself, and using a mission that she was never given, or requested, as an excuse. And it's particularly suspicious when she offers up a warrant for an outstanding guard's arrest, claiming that he has gone rogue, with no witnesses.""And it's particularly worrisome when that warrant is issued just as the opposing warrant is being processed."

"This doesn't have to be an arrest. But I have enough probable cause to arrest you, if it came to that. Oh, and if you're wondering how I got in, your butler was kind enough to do it. One look at the warrant, and he practically rushed out of our way. There's a squad of marines outside. So don't even try to run."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC-Mussiki:

"Daylaria, I think I saw you in Le-Wahi not too long ago, running around with a Toa of Ice and former Mark Bearer named Praggos, didn't I? Did he do this to you?" Mussiki grinned.

"Because if he did, he's got one mean sense of humour."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: She looks quite the same, though more stereotypically beautiful (though that varies from beholder of course), maybd somewhat warped. I'm not sure how she'd acted extremely different so far besides filing the reports, and to be honest, she's kind of the boss, so she could justifiably go on a mission what with the attack in Le-Wahi. But, since I know you're kind of the enemy twice over in this situation, I'll roll with it.IC. Daylaria's HouseDaylaria turned, with a smile on her face. "Absolutely. I understand your concern, and I would only be too happy to end anything negative going around. I really don't see why I would run- you're being ridiculously accusative about this." She continued to smile, not a hint of guilt or worry on her face."And contrary to your rather insulting assumption, I have a witness here, in my friend Erith. I met him along the way, and he aaa there when the officer attacked me. To answer your other suspicions, I guess we'll have to go in for questioning, won't we?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Wings alone are a pretty big difference. Plus, I compared the recent Daylaria post to the old ones, and there is a significant difference in tone.

IC:

"Respectfully, a witness that no one knows, and no one has ever heard of. Regardless, I am sure the Arete will be very interested in the nature of your changes, as well."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC. Daylaria's house."There isn't exactly a set of restrictions which it comes to having a witness," she laughed softly. "I would love to see the Arete, as I'm sure they will agree with me." She didn't bother waiting for their permission, as she walked to the door. "Ralin, I hope these suspicions don't damage our relationship. Once you realize my innocence, I pray you will forgive this misunderstanding."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

ICThe Captain of the Marines stepped forward, raising her arms to draw the attention of the gathered masses and breaking the silence at last:“My people,” she began, her clear voice ringing out over the crowds. “I wish we could wait until our time of grief is over before announcing a new leader, but these are dark times. The Makuta looms over our home, and his servants mass on our doorstep.”The crowd began muttering restless; the Captain raised her hands again for silence.“I say this not to alarm you; it's not surprise, after all, that our enemy has been assaulting us for the last thousand years. The Great War still rages, and Ga-Koro needs a wise, strong leader who will lead us through the difficult times ahead.”She drew two things out of the pack she carried: a long blue robe, and Turaga Nokama's trident, her badge of office, carved from the bones of a Makuta fish.“The Council has met, and we have decided upon a new leader: Toa Ketan, step forward.”The Toa of Air did so, and knelt before the marine commander on the damp, salty docks.“The Toa Arete have, from the moment of their arrival, done nothing but good for our home. They have warded off many threats, and shielded us from danger. Their tireless service has purified Ga-Koro, and brought Mata Nui's light back when many of us thought we had lost it forever.“With this in mind, Toa Ketan, the people of Ga-Koro would ask you to fulfil the vacancy left by our beloved Turaga. We would ask you to protect us from danger, and lead us in the light. We would ask you to give everything you have for this village, that we might always be free from the Makuta's shadow.“Do you accept, Toa of Air?”The kneeling Toa opened his mouth to reply in the affirmative, but before he could speak a word, another voice broke the stillness.

"No, he cannot."

A familiar cough rasped into the ears of all present in choleric resonance. The "Arete" instinctively whirled at the sound and stopped. The throngs of sapient natives about the interrupted ritual, silenced and rebuffed, likewise fell into charged inaction. A hundred bated breaths were drawn in that moment and twice more that in rapt eyes towards the irate hiss. And, again as one, a hundred unique individuals of Ga-Koro found their focus irresistibly drawn with all the attraction of an electromagnet to one of their own. The silence was that before the coming of a great cumulonimbus; muscles tensed and target locked, all present could detect the inherent importance of the next few moments. It was not simply that the Arete had been challenged. It was the way in which they had been, by words filled with fiery judgment and gaze erupting with righteous fury. And both delivered by such a challenger who had proved himself alongside his opposition.

The challenger in question stood a step before the masses. At his stance, brimming in contention as he stood with fists coiled at sides and body forced upright, the matoran nearby took cautious steps away. Yet the challenger did not stand among any of the other parties present, and at his glance the stunned Arete and Marines alike retreated. His shadow fell on no people and he was the enemy of all. Even so, he was the ally of all as well, until proven guilty. So no one moved for him and he moved for no one. He stood as a battered champion of a forgotten sort of ideology and attested to it in not merely his words, but in his actions, in the way he purposely separated himself from the allies and enemies and kept a third party. His cloak hung in scraps from his back, as scarred by his war against the world as his armor was, and he dripped seaweed and pieces of debris in a manner reminiscent of an abyssal or diluvian monstrosity. He convulsed slightly with each movement from a clear exhaustion. His eyes, however, remained clear and perfectly laser-like in intensity as they looked upon startled Ketan. There was yet a conviction in his words and an accusation in his gaze. This man would be a hero and he would bring justice to this circumstance, regardless of how terrible it was.

He would do this. Wrath was not dead yet.

"No, he cannot," He hissed again. His glare focused on Ketan and burned into his soul. He did not need a finger to point out the flaws in his enemy. "Because this man--Ketan of the Arete--is fundamentally a farce!

"He is a liar and a blasphemer. He is a cheater of the law and of the land." Wrath stopped, breathless, but to the watchers it was as though no time had passed at all before he continued speaking. "All this scheming weasel really wishes for is not the salvation of anyone, the abeyance of any code, or even the most base of justices in the exile of criminals, but the complete and utter promotion of himself to as high power as he may possibly attain! He has murdered and coerced, tortured and propagandized, his existence to the highest pedestal of honors this village can give in offering its own leadership to him on a foundation of total falsehoods and a catapult of corruption! I shall testify against this to my full abiliity with all possible evidence and in every court I bear witness before, but even should you make him leader, I beg of you this: do not trust this degenerate!

Wrath hushed for a second and coughed. He examined the silent faces about him only briefly, though it seemed that his gaze pierced those of each person--crowd, Marine, or Daedra--and saw through to their core.

Then he raised his hands. And Wrath held the world on his back as he bowed before his listeners.

This was his decision. He would follow his honor at last and finally throw off the chains of oppression. Now he would Enlighten. Now he would speak the truth, and now he would be the ally of justice he desired in the world around him.

"This much, I implore."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC (Ketan)

The pier was silent after Wrath's tirade; every eye was on the Toa of Fire; nearly every mouth hung slightly ajar in shock. Gentle waves lapped against the docks, and the gentle drip-drop of rare raindrops pelting the water was the only sound in the otherwise silent Koro.

Then Ketan stood to his feet, the very picture of righteous indignation. He stood, feet apart, hands at his hips, his cape rippling in the soft breeze, the kind of fluttering wind that heralds the coming of a mighty storm. His eyes narrowed; his jaw was set.

"What evil dreams has the Makuta sown in your mind, brother?" he questioned, his voice as sharp as steel and as cold as ice. "You've been at my side these last months as we've defended this village: you know that none of the Toa Arete would stand against the Great Spirit by seeking to seize power."

The Toa of Air broadened the focus of his speech to include the entire crowd. "I seek only to protect this village from the dark influence of the Makuta, be I its leader or not. The Matoran have spoken; if it is their will, I cannot refuse. I will not refuse, not when the shadows darken our door, threatening all we've built."

He gestured to the other Arete. "Brothers, sisters: help me. Our brother's mind has been poisoned."

Edited by Eyru Bieber

Ic: "Ta, what is the meaning of this tirade?" Anthyn said as she stepped forward from her level with a cool saunter of dominatrix confidence. It was seven to one, putting Ta at a major disadvantage of not only numbers but also facts. He had gone away for days now, doing nothing to help the Arete, and then returned at this moment of all with discord in his mind?

Inwardly, however, Anthyn relished the prospect of gutting yet another former Daedra member.

"You've been gone for a while already, brother," she pressed as she stepped directly closer to Ta, her long legs carrying her quickly without hesitation. "Has the dark one clouded your vision? Have you been corrupted to spread a message of despair to this town of peace? Because if you have, you've failed," she said pointedly as she stood before Ta in all her imperial majesty. "You need help. Let us help you."

The corners of her mouth twitched slightly, allowing a glint of her nature to spill out, as she softly said to Ta's ears, "Let us remind you of our purpose."

IC - Decaia - Nokama Pier: And so the construct breaks...

For all the bravery he had shown as Toa Caidae, all the apathy that had overcome him for the past few days, Decaia's mind was clouded with one, single emotion now--panic.

It was all too perfect, as if there truly was a god, as if retribution was truly to be enacted upon them. What better day for the Arete to be betrayed, in public, than the day of Nokama's funeral? Try as they might to salvage the situation, Decaia knew, deep down, that his worst fears had come to fruition. The seed of doubt had been planted. From here, the situation could only tumble further and further, until it shattered.

Distractions might work for now, but when this was over? No. They would know. They would find out.

Screw this...

They were preoccupied--Ta and Lust, the only two whose wrath he truly had to fear. All attention was turned to them and Greed; no one watched hooded, silent Toa Caidae. He slipped away from the others--carefully--and began backing slowly, ever so slowly, toward the edge of the pier, one hand tingling with elemental energy, the other clasped tightly around the handle of a tomahawk, a ghost moving unheeded across the wooden deck.

I will not share your sentence. I refuse.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Lenat- Ga-koro

IC: As the sudden turn of events went on, the party sat there, watching like the rest of the crowd. It was rather confusing for the Vortixx, seeing as he hardly knew who any of the people were. Even so, as a business man, Loren was a fair judge of character.

The Toa who had interrupted the ceremony had a ring of truth to his words, or at least certainty.

Ketan was the very picture of injured and righteous innocence, but even so, something was off. Perhaps he was overplaying his part or perhaps that was just his character, in either case Loren was having a harder time making up his mind about the guy.

The last person, the seductive looking female Toa however, all but screamed predator. The way she walked, talked, moved, it was all that of highly skillful predator of the mind and body. People like that did not just smack a person around to get what they wanted, oh no. That would be too fast, too merciful. Oh sure they might hack up a few people now and then for the thrill, but for the most part, people of that sort liked to play with their victims, mess with their minds and break them down.

A normal person would probably never notice until it was too late, like what was happening with Ga-koro. The average person wanted their heroes to be tall, strong, beautiful and the Aerte team member fit that to a T.

As she moved closer to the interrupter, Lenat quietly spoke to Voutok. "I suggest you prepare yourself, this feels like it might turn ugly."

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: VoutokVoutok already had his bladed discs at his side, quietly rocking the one in his right hand as it hung on his fingers."I've been ready since "our brother's mind has been poisoned", and my hands have been on my weapons since the crowd practically got hypnotized by that hooded guy's speech." Voutok gave a quiet chuckle "Well, this certainly proves Firion's not crazy with his suspicious, isn't that right-" Voutok turned to address the Marine, but he and Virin were nowhere to be seen. "Karz. We either lost them in the crowd or they've slipped by us to get to a position for this little dilemma."[OOC: I did that basically to put CAPUA "on hold" since he seems to be too busy to post at this point]Voutok had to admit, something was definitely rotten about this whole exchange. Both sides said something suspicious, and both sides were suspiciously not saying something. Of what, Voutok could not tell, but something was pushing him to, at least for the moment, believe that the challenger was the "lesser of two evils". He wished he could have been quicker on the dial of his headphones so he could have picked up what that suspicious woman whispered to the challenger, but by the time he turned it down to "1", the remark was over. In hopes that he could pick another comment up if it happened, he left the dial on the "1" setting. He gestured to Lenat to indicate this, basically conveying to him "give me a warning before you decide to cough or sneeze or raise your voice beyond a whIsper."

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

IC: KynaeraDaytimeGa-KoroKynaera remained outwardly impassive. Only inside did her emotions show.Curiosity was her primary feeling. Wrath had not struck her as the person who would betray Ketan. Why? What had pushed him across the line drawn between inner anger and outward incrimination?Her thoughts shifted to Ketan and her emotions to frustration. He had never sought anyone's permission to be leader; rather, he had taken the role upon himself, as if he somehow knew he would be the best person for the job. Small wonder he had called himself Greed! And Kynaera had been hoodwinked with the rest of them, hoping, yes, for a better position, but likely never able to attain one.Kynaera felt more than saw Sloth moving out of place among the line of Daedra. She couldn't blame him."Wrath, I'm sure, is using hyperbole," she said aloud to Ketan. "But he does raise a point. Why, brother, did you not seek anyone's counsel before proclaiming yourself leader? Surely we could have had nominations and a vote or at least a discussion on the matter. Some of us may have been interested." Edited by Legolover-361

OOC: I should have done this a long time ago. Sorry. Tawara to Ta-Wahi.

Edited by Death of the Endless

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

IC: There was nothing here for a hero.

In the honeyed words of Greed, in the tempting stalk of Lust, in the desperate flight of Sloth, and in the arrogant plea of Pride, Wrath found nothing enticing and nothing admirable. These sinners were as false as his ideal of fair exchange had ever been. None of it excited him and none of it convinced him to sway from his path of justice. So the man who wanted no more than to be a hero scoffed at Greed's speech in defiance. He stepped away from Lust in repulsion. He strode towards Sloth in judgment. And he ignored Pride in honor.

This time the world-machine would not win. He would not be diminished. He would triumph.

So they want to take me on the way of Gluttony, now, huh? Desire to shut me up? Sorry it's not happening, Wrath thought wryly. He glanced at Lust and dismissed her gaze with an imperious flick of his eyes that matched her own movement. Oh, well. I never did fancy angels much anyway.

Ta crossed his arms as he stopped pacing. He looked out to the crowd again, scooping up their collective stare. Then he fired his second salvo.

"Are you of civilization, ye of great potential, really to believe that this man has no ulterior motive backing his defense of this village? If you yet are indeed convinced that he is wholly pure, then I will further shed light on this situation with facts-hard bites of data that I did not extemporize nor falsify and will corroborate ad infinitum.

"Fact number one:," Wrath pronounced, pausing for emphasis. "This man's true name is not Ketan."

The throngs released a great murmur. What was the challenger to claim next? That Ketan was actually a long-lost relative? That he was a sapient rahi? That the Toa of Air was Makuta in disguise? Inwardly, individuals questioned what Ketan's supposed 'true name' could be, but moreso they began to seriously guess as to what Ta would claim.

"Fact number two: this man's true name is Greed."

With that, the crowd was sent into a cacophony of confused and disturbed mutterings, only stopped when Wrath raised a scarred hand.

"Fact number three: He is called this because he has built the so-called 'Arete', in actuality," Ta spat, "Into the 'Daedra'. This toa team named itself the 'Sinners'. And so each of its members embraces a particular sin and has taken it for a name. Greed has an insatiable thirst for power. Our dearly departed Baruek, Gluttony, as evidenced by his girth and high rate of consumption; like the absent hippie, Haro," Wrath named, watching confused matoran turn this way and that as they searched for the familiar faces of the rotund toa and the pacific matoran, "I might postulate that he was murdered covertly by the Daedra. Kind Venedico, Envy, for his coveting of all the newest and best in material possessions. The most illustrious and magnificient of all, Anthyn..."

Wrath paused, not merely for effect but to consider what he was about to say. Anthyn had always been respected by the populace. Feared for her power, admired for her beauty, and honored for her duty. To alienate her was a risk that could result in a rather belligerent circumstance.

It was also a risk he was willing to take.

"Lust, an eldritch creature masquerading as a winged toa, an alien craving solely blood; she is sadistic and ruthless, and I have watched her torment prisoners such as the once-escaped pirates in person." He let the murmurs reach a new height before continuing his speech, letting them die down. "But the worst sinner is truly gifted with the worst of sins in our last case. Now, may I present..."

In one fell bound, Wrath descended upon the path of 'Caidae' as he furtively moved across the pier. The planks of its surface shook beneath his feet as the startled Ga-Toa, hatchet in hand and element readied in other, froze under the sudden gaze of the masses for a brief microsecond.

That microsecond was long enough for Ta to flip open his hood and exposed his shamed face to that same gaze.

"Brave 'Caidae', truly known as 'Decaia'-," Wrath proclaimed as the crowd let out a deafening gasp, "-Sloth, desperate and sluggish in his attempts to fight the long arm of the law as he slinks back into, or now away from, the koro which he supremely loathes!"

As the throngs roared, Wrath raised his voice. "It's true that I've worked among them under the guise of 'Wrath', but only so I might eventually bring an end to evil, and bring justice to the pathetic weasels such as Ketan and 'Caidae'! Only remember this: that these 'Toa' have actively harbored your hated enemy, a criminal of this village, from the watchful eyes of justice right inside their own koro! If you cannot trust me, if you cannot accept that this was done by Ketan, if you simply disbelieve that even a criminal should not be leader of a koro, it is acceptable..."

His eyes burned with righteous fire. The murderous mob quieted briefly, stilling the liquid inferno in their veins for the last argument of the challenger in deference to Ta's accusations.

"BUT KNOW THAT THE ARETE IS AN ORGANIZATION OF UNPARALLELED EVIL!"

And with that, Ta stood before the Daedra, Marines, and the raging people of Ga-Koro with arms crossed and head held high.

Edited by Mr. Peanuts

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:
There, on the docks of Ga-Koro, two people, differential in gender, demeanor, backstory and motives, but alike in their fury of the unmasking that'd just transpired, snapped as one.
The first was one of the usual suspects; minutes before he had been beheld as a hero unrivaled amongst his 'brothers,' a knight whose physical armor did not quite shine but sparkled with the luminescence of kindness and nobility regardless. His face was not handsome in anything more than a generic sense but he had an air of goodness about him that gave him charisma, attracted people to him. His talents were many, and they were multifaceted; he could be counted on to help rebuild, decorate, or entertain for the people first and foremost amongst the Toa Arete. Now his envious green eyes fizzed and sparked in shock and disbelief before combusting, sucking in the air that lent sanctuary to any other coherent thought or emotion in his head and creating one explosive, dangerous desire, as ironic as it was lethal:
Wrath.
With the surprising skill of an athlete, Venedico dove forward towards the titan that was Ta; the Toa of Plasma was standing opposite the Daedra, waving the iron mask that was the testament to the Daedra's charade as though he had accomplished something. Now Envy, too, would make his own bow for the people before the final curtain toppled, crushing them all: he would drive his knife right through the hellish Parakuka that kept Wrath upright; the man lacked a spine, lacked the resolve to stand and take what should have been his, what was about to be his. Dico was no such fool.
Even as his dream world crumbled around him, even as the mirage began to fissure and tumble and roll around at his feet in large chunks around and above him, chunks that both broke his heart and drove him forward , Toa Daedra Venedico charged towards all the shiny happy people, weapon drawn and eyes burning in a deep, soulful, intangible yearning.
The other breakdown was much more pronounced and unexpected; it was hot and it was heavy, all-encompassing like an explosion's ground zero, but it was as alluring and breathtaking as the flame to which all moths attract.
"Aexias," Anyanka said, her voice tight and composed like a man aboard a sinking ship, watching the last lifeboat and hope of safety paddle just away from his pathetic grasp. "Stick to the rooftops. Be prepared for the worst. Hide the body."
Before Aexias could ask for clarification on the orders Anyanka had pivoted on her heel, butterfly knife already in hand, and cut a jagged line from ear to ear on her prisoner's burnt throat. Deep crimson blood overlapped with the already light-salmon of the man's skin, burnt and peeling from his bath in tomato bisque. Without observing the end results of her gruesome handiwork Anyanka scooped a ladle full of said bisque as she calmly walked towards the edge of her perch and hung there by the balls of her feet, arms held out in a Christ the Redeemer style with the ladle still in her hand. Watching as Wrath ranted and raved about first Ketan, then Venedico, then Anthyn, her sweet Anthyn, Anyanka's heart and soul boiled and frothed like the soup in her hand. Slowly, painfully, she brought her hand in and sipped on the soup, tossing it around in her mouth and then shrugging. She motioned for Aexias, and the Skakdi obliged, bringing over the entire pot. With surprising strength and ease, Anyanka lifted the full pot of bisque up and looked down to where a contingent of Ga-Koro Marines were already moving in from their position down the road to apprehend the traitors.
"Dinnertime, ."
Twelve seconds later, the Ga-Koro Marines were short exactly one whole contingent.
She leaped from the rooftops gracefully, still poised and stretched out like a young eaglet attempting flight. Wherever she soared fingers pointed up and shouts were heard; the Arete looked up, largely confused as well, but the Valkyr of Lust showed no such shock, and her face was sweeter than any confection Anyanka had ever known. When she landed, the populace parted, allowing her room to walk to the podium unhindered. No one dared move to stop her; whispers and murmurs of curiosity now swept the throng of people as opposed to roars and shrieks of jubilation. Anyanka, despite her bipolarity and seeming out of touch demeanor, noticed these changes for what they were and smirked.
She was magnificent, not so much as Anthyn but a snatcher of breath in all manners implied; every step she took down the dock echoed through the general din of the crowd like giant's trots and every face she glared at was taken aback not just by the beauty of the short, slight Toa approaching the Arete but by the very smoky, intoxicating heat given off by her eyes. The sole evidence that she was not a spectre here to spell doom for those who had aroused such a state of fury in her was the burn marks she left in the fine wood of the dock, sizzling, plasma-laced footprints that crackled and burned like fresh charcoal.
Beside the aforementioned Toa, Anyanka took her position, wrapping an arm around her protector and sister in sadism as they stood tall against the crowd, watching with stoic, controlled eyes that belied the they could and would summon on the crowd. The rabble drew its collective breath not just in fear, but in an aroused awe at the sight of the archangel standing shoulder to shoulder with her memunim; the Toa of Plasma was not as tall or otherwordly as the Valkyr but she had the same air of callous enigma to her being. Her power was to be just as feared by the people, not because of its mysticism but for the fact that it was all bottled up inside one regular-looking Toa. When she cleared her throat to speak, echoing rather loudly considering the speaker and setting, the crowd fell silent as one. If Anthyn's smirk were removable, the thin, cruelly molded mouth would have been able to slice Protosteel like butter.
"Did someone put out a call for eldritch creatures?"
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: VoutokThe De-Matoran quickly set the sound supression of his headsets up to the "4" as soon as the challenger resumed his speech, then turned it back down to "2" after the period of reflex. As the accusations rolled forth, his eyes darted to any of the present Arete/Daedra as they were pointed out. He raised and his eyebrows and titlted his head back and forth. "Well, that just about speaks for himself. Either this guy's insane, which would by inference make Firion and myself insane, or this guy speaks the truth. Quite frankly, if he is telling the truth, I'm kinda suprised I never guessed anything like this of the 'Arete'. The connections make sense, from what I've seen compared to what he's said. Of course, either way I think it's fair to say we should tighten our grip on our weapons, because what he's said either condemns these Toas' reputations or is utter blasphemy. Both tend to lead to conflicts of various degrees ranging from '3-on-1 street brawl' to 'declaration of a world war'. Right now I'm thinking this little show ranks somewhere around 'mass riot'. Just a hunch."Shortly thereafter, Voutok tried to pick up what some of the crowd was murmuring about, to see if he could pick up some more info as to this mysterious (to him) challenger. Instead, however, he heard something much different that was almost masked by the murmurs. Almost, except for the fact that he was a trained De-Matoran. Footsteps, decently fast ones. He turned to Lenat anxiously."Someone's charging. All of karz is about to break loose."Voutok frantically scanned the crowd, trying to figure out who was running and where (the most logical theory in Voutok's mind was either a radical Arete-follower, or one of the Arete/Daedra themselves. Either way, they clearly weren't rushing to join the challenger's side except maybe to drive a dagger into his side. He noticed several Marines moving at a much quieter (by comparison) rate, but no running assaulter. Before he could pinpoint the runner, another strange figure dropped from a rooftop and, like just about any shiny-armored tall figure at this point who moved, sucked in the attention of the massive crowd."Karz, where do these freaks come from?"Voutok was now more on-edge than ever. A feeling he sensed was...familiar.Oh Great Spirit, not NOW...

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

IC - Decaia - Nokama Pier: As Wrath's gaze set on him, the Toa of Water froze completely. The flames in Ta's eyes burned with a just passion that sickened and frightened Decaia, threatening to unleash its anger upon him. The feeling enveloped him as water encloses a sinking object, pressing upon him from all sides, muffling his senses, slowing him down, until he heard the words that were spoken only as words, not registering the tone, the implications, the anger, the danger, what was happening, not seeing Wrath moving closer, closer, closer—

A powerful hand gripped his hood, yanking it back, pulling the fabric off of Decaia’s head—removing the last remaining barrier between the Toa of Water’s eyes and those of the public. Ta’s sudden movement proved enough to knock the powerless Miru off of Decaia’s face, the object shattering against the dock. Decaia stared at the splinters of protodermis at his feet, eyes wide in shock as he heard Ta move away. The Toa of Fire set about addressing the crowd once more, though Decaia did not heed his words. A shell of darkness seemed to enclose him, blotting the world out of his vision, until the only thing that registered in his sight were the glinting pieces of debris below him.

Is this how my life ends? Betrayed by my ally, thrown back to the ravenous, bloodthirsty citizens of a village that care not for its protectors, so easily swayed and so quick to turn on those they claim to love?

"It's true that I've worked among them under the guise of 'Wrath', but only so I might eventually bring an end to evil, and bring justice to the pathetic weasels such as Ketan and 'Caidae'!”

These people know nothing of honor or justice. When faced with kindness, honor, valor, they flock as moths to a lantern. And at the faintest hint, unfounded or founded, that their heroes, their saviors, are not perfect, they turn, they butcher, they crucify. Decaia clenched his fist, hands shaking in anger, hatred toward the world, toward this village, the Toa of Fire before him. Seyza…

“Only remember this: that these 'Toa' have actively harbored your hated enemy, a criminal of this village, from the watchful eyes of justice right inside their own koro!”

Beneath the dock, the ocean bubbled, boiling, churning aggressively, lapping against the underside of the Arete’s first gift to the Village of Water. Water seeped through the cracks between the boards at Decaia’s feet, as well as other spots around Nokama’s Pier, hardly noticeable amidst the tension in the air, the commanding presences of the likes of Wrath, Lust, and Greed.

That was one advantage to being Sloth, Decaia figured. Nobody ever saw you coming until you were right in front of them…

“If you cannot trust me, if you cannot accept that this was done by Ketan, if you simply disbelieve that even a criminal should not be leader of a koro, it is acceptable...”

The veil began to lift around Decaia. He saw the world again. That cloud of apathy that normally enclosed him disappeared, as the tides of emotion broke through the glass cage that his Dark Bloom, set against his heart, had created. Panic gave way to fury, depression to clarity, apathy to vengeance.

They will pay.

“BUT KNOW THAT THE ARETE IS AN ORGANIZATION OF UNPARALLELED EVIL!"

“Oh, shut up,” Sloth spat, his voice a sudden razor that cut across Ta’s booming growl. He felt the many eyes that turned to him, felt the surprise in their gaze, and saw the anger mixed in with others. The Toa Daedra stepped forward; beneath, the raging ocean followed, brushing against the bottom of the deck. He did not care. Sloth’s gaze, burning with their own inferno, was set on Wrath, and Wrath alone. “You. You stupid, self-righteous, ignorant little slug-bearer!” The dock shook as he yelled this last word, struck with a powerful wave of water from below. “How dare you… How dare ANY of you…” He rounded on the villagers. “I was ostracized, hunted, hated because I objected to an injustice enacted upon my partner—a beloved protector of this village, someone so pure that her only crime was that she was not attentive enough to foresee the ease with which her own people will turn against their guardians, ease that you again demonstrate here and now! How dare you speak of justice when all it takes for a witch hunt from you is a single act of selfishness among hundreds of acts of heroism?”

Sloth glared out at the populace, making eye contact with random villagers, as if daring someone to speak up. When no one did, he continued. “You may call me Sloth, but at least I acknowledge my status as a Daedra, while you rodents are content to sit back and pretend that you are any better than the rest of us, enjoying the pleasures of safety and comfort while silently loathing those that bring you those very luxuries. Before today, I believed I was the epitome of apathy and delusion, but now? Now I know that Ga-Koro itself, Village of Parasites, bears that title, and for that, I--in the name of Toa Seyza--demand justice!

Envy's sudden attack could not have been better timed, nor the arrival of another Valkyr. Sloth jumped back as the Toa of the Green moved forward, using the anger that wracked his body to fuel his elemental energies. As if it were an extension of him, the ocean’s bubbling began to grow more and more violent, changing from a slight rocking of the pier to a full-on assault of the village. And it was spreading. The bubbling intensified as Sloth’s area of influence emanated outward, encompassing several blocks, beginning to shake sections of Ga-Koro, rocking them back and forth with the might of an angered giant.

As he backed away, face contorted in an expression of cold fury, Sloth kept his eyes trained on Wrath and the others, mask activated at a low level so as to utilize it at a moment’s notice. The screams and shouts around him brought back a memory, prompting him to call out to Ta even as he made his way toward the edge of the deck again.

“Remember what I said earlier, Wrath? We are right on top of the ocean. And it. Is. MINE!

And soon, so shall this village be—beneath the waves.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Ic: "Hey, soul sister," Anthyn said as she grinned down at Anyanka, an expression the girl replied to in turn.

There they stood, the twin heavenly demons themselves, the empress and her princess poised to protect each other while wasting everyone who opposed them. Wrath had accomplished his task admirably and fomented unrest supreme. It didn't matter if the allegations were true of false at this point. The people of Ga-Koro were too used to seeing the Toa Arete as purehearted heroes with nary a speck of dust on their Kanohi, but in the span of a mere moment Wrath had returned and thrown cowpies at their armor to tarnish the name they held. The public swarmed on the tasty meal of truth Ta granted them like a true matoranitarian, and the Arete, already wavering and struggling from killing each other, would release their inner selves at last and bend to the situation at hand.

There was no use defending the ruse; Anthyn had no stake in the town, no love for its people, no adoration of its culture. For the first time since the abomination that was the First Valkyr was borne into flesh from the soulsucked carcasses of former heroes and released into the sky like a majestic eagle too long trapped in a cage, Anthyn was free. Free to do as she pleased, free to express herself without restraint, without consequence. She was already being watched angrily by the people, what use was it to pretend to be an angel anymore? For months they saw her like a saviour, now it was the time to show them what she truly was.

Ta's rah rah rah speech raised the rabble so that they were curious. Anthyn and her bestest friend were going to have their attention.

Anthyn's wings spread out like war banners just as Decaia gave his ultimatum and expressed his own violence, fueled by the pent up anger the normally reserved toa had obviously been hording like trash. The docks and lilypads rocked and surged as the water churned beneath the city of water, but Anyanka was flexible and kept her balance while Anthyn stabilized herself with her twin great anchors on her back.

A squad of marines threw their spears at Anthyn but her answer was swift and sharp, punching her hand through the wooden floor she stood on and breaking it and bringing it up as if it were a hatch on the floor. The spears struck the platform and stuck like it was a barrier as Anthyn ripped it completely off and tossed it with her enormous raw power back at the guards who assailed her, smashing them aside in seconds. Anyanka and Anthyn stood back to back, and while they were a comical pairing in stature they were all but weak in fearsome strength. Anthyn's wings, broad and open like shields, protected the twin dark sisters and Anyanka's sizzling energy rumbled in her delicate little digits to unleash hellfire and brimstone on her enemies.

IC: Savina - Ga-koro-

Whoosh! An arrow flew right across Anthyn's vision, as she followed the arrow's path with her eyes it ended abruptly into the eye of a Marine, a Marine who had been quite posed to throw a javelin at the so-called angel.

Out of all the spectators, participants, and random angry villagers. There one Toa unnoticed by all. Savina had crept through the crowd unnoticed, it turned out that people could be a lot like trees, easy to slip around if you knew what you were doing.

Savina had masqueraded as one of the crowd long enough to hear everything Wrath had claimed. Of course, what she mostly paid attention to was what was said about Anthyn, her angel. The way that Wrath spoke about the Valkyr of Lust made her blood boil. How dare he threaten her! It didn't matter to Savina whether or not what Wrath said was true, about Anthyn and the other Arete really being quite the opposite of what they'd claimed to be: protectors of the people. Savina was completely incapable of thinking less of her angel. No, she was infallible. In fact, the fact that Anthyn was so clever as to masquerade as protector when she was really just a predator only made Savina even more impressed with Anthyn than she already was, if that was possible.

Now Savina stood on the roof of the late Turaga's home, a bundle of arrows strapped to her back and her bow at the ready. Every arrow she fired was to pick off any would be attackers of Anthyn.

Savina then took specific aim at Wraith himself, firing off one...two...three arrows at his center. The arrows were tipped with a paralysing poison, courtesy of her Kanohi Faxon.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: KynaeraMiddayGa-KoroAn explosion -- that was the closest Kynaera could come to an accurate metaphor for the situation. Wrath, in telling the truth, had pressed the self-destruct button.Anything built on sin will crumble under the weight of truth.The rubble of this collapse drew between the "Arete" barriers clear for everyone to see. They were not a team. Whether they had ever been a team was a question Kynaera left unanswered for now.The ocean underneath the lily pad and pier effervesced under Sloth's influence like a living creature. Lust, and the Toa nestled beside her like a little sister, stood in defiance of Ga-Koro's citizenry. Envy matched Wrath, muscle for tensed muscle, in fury. Greed's composure tugged on its own seams.And Pride -- for Kynaera held pride, and thus was Pride -- drew back her hood and cloak.Her appearance was not stunning. She lacked the beauty that Lust exploited; she lacked the gravity of Wrath's anger. But she was a Toa nevertheless. She was Pride; she was Kynaera; her stance was so focused and so assured, and her eyes so bright and cold they resembled distant stars, she commanded attention even if no one would offer it to her.Her violet Kanohi Kualsi caught the sunlight like a net and reflected it back into the air. She raised a single, limber arm, her right; its respective hand opened, palm upward.For a second, gravity on the lily pad and connected pier was gone.It returned quickly, but not before stomachs had leapt into throats and inner ears had protested. Kynaera had no need to yell to catch everyone's attention."STOP."Like an actress on cue, she strode forward, her glare sweeping across the gathered individuals. In her peripheral vision, she mentally marked the other Toa Daedra in case they tried to assault her."Stop."Here she paused. What else could she say? She had no speech to offer. She had no words of encouragement. She was, in the end, one of the Daedra; she had participated voluntarily in hoodwinking the citizens of Ga-Koro for her own desires and had even, if only to herself, demanded a larger part in the takeover.Yes, this was an explosion; but by Makuta, Mata Nui or both, Kynaera would survive to see the fallout."We have quarrels," she said. "Us, I mean -- the Arete, or Daedra, or whatever we shall be called." Her emerald eyes flashed, and a bit of the heroic resolve Dorian had helped her discover returned then to her, filling her chest with warmth. "But leave Ga-Koro out of it."

IC (Ketan)

No.

No.

Ketan watched helplessly as everything he had built began to crumble around him, like a castle made of sand. All of the time and effort that he had poured into this village to bring it under his heel was turning to dust; all his plans were coming to naught.

“Please, let's settle this calmly-”

It was perverted alchemy: the alchemist was forced to watch as his beloved gold corrupted back into lead. Heavy, worthless lead.

“Stop, brother! Sister, no-”

No one was listening. No one cared. They were taking everything from him.

They were taking everything from him.

THEY TAKE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE.

THIEVES!

THIEVES!

No!”

With an anguished scream of hatred and self-pity over his loss, the Toa of Air threw his hands out, calling upon the wind -his only remaining ally, it seemed- to sweep over the huddled villagers, the stalwart Marines, and the bitter, infighting Daedra.

No longer the Arete. That heroic facade had been cast aside. They were sinners now. Nothing more. Nothing less.

“You dare...” he snarled, his cold, calculating eyes focused on Wrath's face, his words carried to all ears by the bitter wind. “You dare to take what I've made and cast it to pieces... you dare to take this from me? Ga-Koro was mine! Mine!”

All pretence of being a hero was gone. He was Greed now.

Avarice. Covetousness.

Greed.

He spat at Kynaera, whose words were only salt in the festering abscess that had once been his pride.

You stole my kingdom from me, you piraka!”

Unslinging his scythe, the Toa of Air swung it in a devastating arc parallel with the ground; villagers and Marines alike fled to avoid having their lives harvested to feed the Toa's insatiable hunger.

The Captain of the Marines herself leapt back, attempting to draw her short sword as she did so, her eyes finally blinking through the shadows and fully seeing what she had only suspected until now.

But she was too late. Her blind eyes had opened too slowly, and the elegant, furious weapon wove a ribbon of silver through the air, so fast did it move, and lopped off her head.

Her head fell to the docks; her mask fell off at the impact, exposing a dead face and lifeless eyes. Her corpse collapsed to the wood as well. Blood pooled.

The Toa of Air spun his deadly blade, throwing drops of gore into the crowd, his eyes far from lifeless. They shone red with malevolence and sheer evil as he looked over the scene and watched his kingdom fall apart.

Ketan was no more. There was only the monster, only the sinner.

There was only Greed.

And if he could not rule, then he would drag this village down to Karzahni with him.

IC: Tehlin

I thought I'd lost her.

I didn't want to ask myself why I followed her. Nor why she left me. For I wanted to keep what fragile hold I had on hope from breaking completely. A crystalline thing, hope. You could pound on it with an iron hammer, and only succeed in denting the hammer. Other times, the lightest touch could shatter it into thousands of pieces. I grew up in a land of ice, I knew crystals.

I'd also grown up hunting Rahi where the bank of snow to the right could be a predator lying in wait, you learned to be observant quick, or else the trip came to an abrupt end. Though, even with that, following Savina was not a task made easy in the slightest. It might have been the painkillers, it might have been that mass of bodies, or it might have been my subconscious mind sparing me the event of actually finding her.

I was many things, but stupid wasn't one of them.

I'd seen it, heard it, felt it from the Toa of Plantlife. It wasn't something I wanted to think about.

A single flash of emerald in a sea of azure was all I got, but it was enough. I followed it as best I could, thought it wasn't until a Matoran surged forward did I get a clear view. And, it wasn't good. Textbook archer stance, she was standing on top of Nokama's hut. Or what used to be Nokama's hut. I heard the slight sound of a bowstring, but I didn't watch to see where the the arrows went.

The yells were enough.

I didn't even bother getting a running start, not like there was enough room for that anyway. A mental push, and my Kanohi flared briefly, and I was suddenly rocketing into the air under my own power. Savina was too focus on... shooting arrows... to notice me flying towards her. A second later, and I'd talker her back onto the roof of the hut.

It was a low-speed impact, though waves of pain tore through the blissful numbness that the painkillers provided. I'd either broken my ribs again, or down right killed myself. I didn't care, and I pushed it aside. Currently on top of a stunned Savina, I did the first thing that came to mind.

I kissed her, full on.

And hope shattered into pieces inside of me.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Savina - Ga-koro -

It all happened so fast. She hadn't even had time to blink. One moment, she's launching arrows at those who would do harm to her angel, then an instant later she's looking straight up into the face of someone she was sure she'd left behind so that he could get some rest. Her eyes simply widened in shock and surprise, she couldn't even comprehend how this was happening, or why? Before she could even think of opening her mouth, Tehlin moved down and brought her into a kiss.

She felt like putty in his arms, her eyes closed as she kissed him back, wrapping her arms around him. She didn't know why this was happening, or why it was happening now of all times, but she didn't want it to stop.

When urge to breathe finally came they broke the kiss, Savina's lungs labored heavily as Savina just looked at Tehlin, still quite speechless. "That was....I mean I really..." Savina laughed, extremely giddy. "What?" There were so many emotions and feelings coursing through her body she felt it would take her days to sort it out.

Consequently, Savina had completely forgotten about the bloodbath that continued to rage on below the roof that the two Toa lay upon.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Karzahni.

I could say "I told you so," but for once I was sad at being right. Greed's words had been carried to me too. The same voice that had rebuked me, condemned me, and finally exiled me.So, what do you do when those who seemed to be paragons are hypocrites?I'm sorry, Giver, wherever you may be.No one would recognize me. But maybe I could be someone Tarnok would finally think was worthy of power. I drew my sword, teleporting toward the sounds of battle.

Edited by Elvis

BZPRPG Profiles