Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Dorian (Nixie's Hut, Ga-Koro)"And yet the ritual was what? Three months ago? Logically, the first thing they would have done was go to someone who knew something about it, namely you. So, they would have visited you maybe a couple days, maybe a week or two after the ritual. That's at least a two and a half month time lapse.. Now, if you've told them all that you told me, and vice versa, that would mean you haven't learned anything at all in the last three months, made no new discoveries, not even a single lead into the Valkyr.""Considering this friend of yours is truly as obsessed as you say, she would have left something tangible behind that could be used for research purposes. And still, you haven't discovered anything in all this time? That doesn't sound like you at all. So, either you're lying, and there's something you're holding back from both me and the people who, because of you, lost their souls, or you lost your touch after the ritual - maybe even before that - and the rest of the village hasn't caught on yet. Which is it?"I looked up from my Timestamp into her eyes, looking for her reaction.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Ic: Nixie was suddenly defensive, and logically so. "Or they would have come to me because I had a hand in giving Danerys and Cersei the implements needed for the ritual to occur. They were not wrong to assume that I knew of the ritual, but they were wrong in thinking I knew more about it than they did. I was unable to be of any great help to them, and judging by your appearance at my doorstep they failed in whatever they were trying to do. If they, as a group of solid people with experience, were unable to succeed, what makes you think I, the lone astrologer in the island, would be able to make any more headway on something I know literally nothing about? What do you know of the Red Star, or of the Second Great Prophesy, or of the whereabouts of the Toa Mata or the New Heroes? What can you tell me of the things you know nothing about?" And no matter how hardened Dorian was, he had to admit that she had a point. "You can't judge my competency by putting my abilities up to a task nobody can achieve."

IC: Dorian (Nixie's Hut, Ga-Koro)"Maybe not," I admitted, raising my hands. "Maybe I don't know of any of those things, you're right, Nixie, and maybe I can't judge your competency. But you know what I can judge? Your honesty. I can feel it slithering away, like a serpent. Dishonesty and secretiveness are wrapped around you like a blanket, Nixie, and it's thick enough that I can sense it, even behind your guarded look. It's in your eyes, hiding there.""And you know what? Maybe you didn't know any more about the ritual when Krian showed up. But I still can't help but notice that you never confirmed one crucial detail, Nixie: nowhere in that little speech of yours did you say, No, Dorian, I looked and looked and looked through everything that was left to me by those in the ritual, and I couldn't find anything related to the Valkyr. You deliberately steered away from the topic, into talk of other prophecies and legends that you knew I wouldn't know of. So now, okay, you've confirmed that you're not past your prime. But you also confirmed that you're hiding something from me. Only liars use fluff, Nixie, and your words are chock full of it."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: Nixie stood silently, thinking her next words through carefully. "You come to my place uninvited, but I took you in as a guest and gave you water. I offered you what I could, and you treat me with malignancy and offend my work. I answered your questions as best I could without telling you the secrets, secrets I did not know if I could trust you or anyone else with lest they bring about destruction, and this is how you try to justify your right to answers? There is nothing I have to tell you if this is how you choose to treat me. I must ask you to leave."

IC: Dorian (Nixie's Hut, Ga-Koro)"Thanks for the water, by the way," I said, standing up and scooting my chair in carefully, as if to make sure it looked as proper as it had before my arrival. "Remind me to get the specs for your filtration system."I turned to walk away and then pivoted on one heel; I was too fast for Nixie, and iron bonds sprung up from the table as I lifted her by the throat onto the smooth mahogany surface and bound her at the wrists, ankles, and abdomen. She thrashed and flailed, mouthing obscenities and threats as I stood, eyebrows raised and my mouth slightly ajar."Wow. You can fit all those bad words into one little mouth?" I asked, giving her a lazy yet sharp-edged grin that twitched at the corners, making it truly impossible to read. I flicked a straight razor out from my pocket and twirled it around my finger, drawing it across Nixie's cheek slightly, just enough so that blood would begin to cascade from her face. "Now. What kind of secrets are we talking about?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: Nixie turned scared, frightened, moreso than she ever had before in her life. She could taste the flood as it oozed from her face and she screamed the loudest scream she ever had -- "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGggghhhh!!" It was shrill and emotive, but it was out of control, contrasting the very controlled state she was in physically in Dorian's elemental vicegrip.She breathed heavily and rapidly, struggling to regain composure despite her frightened mind. "This... is not how you... gain my trust... Dorian." She grinned a little, a pathetic little smirk, "I wonder... what your boss... Brykon... will think of this when he finds out?" she quipped urgently, a slap in the face to Dorian. Even in the hold, she was still a free spirit.

IC: Dorian (Nixie's Hut, Ga-Koro)"Brykon?"My eyebrow shot up, and I cocked my head slightly to the left, almost as if I was confused; Senegal, perhaps, would have cared about what I was doing, but Brykon understood necessity more than his poetic counterpart. All the same, this made me curious; Nixie had let me into her house, knowing full well who I was, what I was really up to, and answered all of my questions truthfully. I owed her respect for her guts, that was for sure. I made a mental note to myself to refrain from cutting those guts out unless I absolutely had to."Brykon's like a dad to me, in some kind of really weird way. I'm loyal to him, more so than anyone else that I work with, and he understands that; I keep people in line with that loyalty, because they know if they cross him, they have me to answer to. In return, I get a slight reprieve from time to time."I slid the blade across the bone of her lower leg, cutting through flesh with an almost sickening ease."Speaking of reprieves...you never answered my question about secrets. If you do, this ends, I leave, and you live your life having the comfort of never seeing me again."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: "You have no idea how powerful the answers you seek are," Nixie urged him. "There's a reason I haven't told anyone else about them: They can only lead to destruction if one gets too entangled in them. And not just your own, Dorian, but everyone you know. The Valkyr are far more powerful than you think." She breathed, her riddle buying her precious seconds to reform her thoughts and defenses."I won't tell you more than that. You failed to earn my trust or entice me, Dorian. But you don't need me: You can talk to the Valkyr herself for answers. She's here right... now!" And with that, a very distinctive slashing sound could be heard a ways off in the bay.

IC: Dorian (Nixie's Hut, Ga-Koro)I smiled again, easily, but this time, without the razor sharp edges; the expression was more pensive, thoughtful, almost sad."See? Now I know you don't know me," I replied to her easily, pulling up a chair again. "Because if you did, you'd know there's nothing that your secrets can possibly take away from me that hasn't already been ground to dust in one form or another. What, Nixie? Did you hear bits and pieces about me in the Ga-Koro market? Did you run into me at some point while I was travelling? Did you read about me in the stars? I don't care if you sit here for a year and refuse to speak a single word to me. At least don't pretend to know me."I walked over to the system she had used earlier and refilled my glass of water, filling a second glass of water and removing one of the iron bonds. Nixie would be unable to escape, unable to grab onto anything that she could use against me, unable to do anything besides make a fist, but still I set down the second glass beside her and sipped on mine calmly."I wasn't kidding about the headache," I chuckled lightly. "And I wasn't kidding when I said the water helps. Try some."Rule number one when it comes to me: do not ever try to predict me with accuracy. Not unless you factor in my unpredictability.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: She could have explained to him the principles of astrology she used to discern who he was and who his master was, or the scientific notations she had made that allowed her to place anyone on the island at any time, or tell Dorian how she didn't know who Dorian was, just a name and a place in the heavens...But Nixie was done; she simply stared at the ceiling. Her silence gave Dorian the answer he didn't want to hear and offered him no room to even squirm. Not only did he ruin any chance of getting information from one of the most wizened people in Mata Nui anytime soon, he also was stuck with one option: Meet the Valkyr. Killing Nixie wasn't an opntion, since not only would her death signal the start of a massive manhunt but it would also ruin any chance of using her as an ally ever. Nixie was a clever girl who knew how to act and talk, and even her gaps in speech were orchestrated. Dorian knew she knew things, and that was what would keep her alive. Plus, not to be forgotten was that Dorian did torture and threaten a, for all intents and purposes innocent, girl."Get out," she whispered softly, "and release me. You have nothing more to gain from me now."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Dorian (Nixie's Hut, Ga-Koro)I was quiet for several seconds before waving my hand idly and watching as the iron bonds shimmered and faded; my switch razor flipped into its dwelling in my pocket, and I finished off the water before rinsing out the glass and placing it on Nixie's counter. As I moved towards the door, my speed slowly slowed to a crawl and stopped with my hand on the knob. Not even turning to Nixie, who was still glaring daggers at me, I opened my mouth and spoke arguably the most sincere words that I'd spoken in days."You can tell yourself whatever you want. Am I evil, for threatening your life and taking advantage of your trust like that? Arguably so, yeah. But before you try and convince yourself that you're innocent, just remember that thanks to you, eight lives have been utterly, completely ruined. At least the ones I took were justified."And then I stepped outside and faced the music.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC"Easy, easy! That tickles!"The Ga-Toa did a once-over on my upper body. The way she checked me and the type of questions she asked made it clear she was a doctor and not just admiring my physique... not that I didn't mind though. Still, I grabbed her wrist and pushed myself away a bit, the full scope of what just happened to me beginning to overwhelmingly settle on my shoulder."My chest is fine doc; better than before. See? No damage." I did a few movements, a few stretches, and the few muscle flexes to prove that there was nothing wrong. The Ko-Toa was still not convinced, and still held that icy glare. I glanced between the two of them."I can answer both your questions with one object. One sec."I stepped back inside the hut, making sure to duck this time. The place still looked like a mess; I should probably clean it up before I leave. I took a moment to survey the room, lifting a few things in the process. Yup: no Takua. Somehow he had gotten out without anyone noticing, and without any visible means to do it. The windows weren't large enough, and the door was the only way in or out. I sighed a little, wondering what had become of him and what he was doing now. To know that one of your old friends is actually still alive and doing missions for Mata-Nui himself...I shook my head as I reached under the blanket to grab what I was looking for. Stepping back outside and into the light I held up a small grey object for everyone to see. "Behold, a toa stone!" I pursed my lips. "Yeah, I know, not that impressive, but when he first gave it to me, it was pinkish-red and glowing. After I grabbed it it began to shine brilliantly, the light went in me and BAM! now I am a toa. I really don't remember much of the process other than a stretchy-pulling sensation followed by what felt like a pitcher of liquid power being poured into me. That's all I got, unless you want details." At that I winked at the Ga-Toa before turning my attention to the Ko-Toa. "Why me? Karzahni if I know. Why is anyone chosen for anything? Though I do believe it had something to do with heroic acts... by the way, I never caught either one of your names."

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: (Uar and Enara)"I'll go out for some air, then." Uar said as he stepped outside the hospital room and slowly made his way towards the entrance, completely oblivious to the Vortixx at the far shore. Enara caught sight of him just as he stepped on to the beach, waiting at the village entrance. As the Toa paced around the village, he came upon a deserted spot, perfect for a silent capture. Uar heard a sword being drawn, reflexively unsheathing his scythe in response, just in time to see a Vortixx jumping towards him, the same one he'd been evading for years now. He raised his scythe in time to block the first of the two blows, but Enara shifted to the side and slashed at his leg, cutting a wide gash. Uar, not having expected this, collapsed to one knee, but unleashed a barrage of ice, knocking his attacker back. Then the pain came shooting through his leg, momentarily distracting him. Taking advantage of this, Enara leapt in the air and brought the flat side of her katana crashing onto his head. As the blow hit, stars flashed before the Toa's eyes, and then everything went black. Meanwhile, Enara, exhausted but otherwise unhurt, started dragging the unconscious Toa towards the jungle.OOC: Enara and Uar to Le-Wahi.

My BZPRPG Characters

BIONICLE Table-Top Roleplaying Game System Project, Started by The Iron Toa

I used to write something about my rank here, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

IC: EndriinHe looked Vaisaga up and down, but still couldn't decide whether he was a boy or girl. So he did the one thing no one should ever, ever do, lest he be killed, in this situation; he asked.Okay, this is going seem really darn rude, but I have to ask.... what gender are you? Upon finishing this scribbling, he immediately pocketed the quill, and adopted a defensive stance, expecting the worst.

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC-Grochi:Grochi, meanwhile, ignored Kelp and stepped over to Perkahn."I get the feeling this is going to cause another problem we need to solve, right?" he asked the Toa of Iron. "Y'know, like normal."
IC, Perkahn:(The Infernavika)"As usual. It'd be nice to have a day off being the only sane people on board sometimes."As Kelp went off to follow Grochi's rather unhealthy orders, the Toa of Iron scratched his chin. "You sure of this? We might as well just throw a pail of water over these two and it'll be over. No need to inflame the situation more, or the ship will probably start burning."

IC: RitWell that settles it then, Mata-Nui is doomed. "Well that's great." I remarked dryly to Joske, "this is just what the Island needs, another a hyper-active, arrogant fire-wielding moron. Please try and avoid burning down Le-Koro." I stated my words the way one would discuss business. Factually."As for your second question, my name is Rit. From what I gather your name is Joske." Of course now that Joske was healed, I supposed I should do what I came here for and apologize. But darn it, this Matoran, no now he was a darn Toa, was bloody infuriating. There was no way I was apologizing to him, I didn't have that much of a debt to him. I mean I did save his life, and I didn't kill him. That's got to count for something right?Out the corner of my eye I noticed a new being had joined us, just great, like we're some neon sign pointing towards some plot development for people to flock to. The being in question was talking to Vaisaga, and evidently was talking without using words, odd. However honestly at this point few things still surprised me.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

ICMy eyes narrowed. "Look, Rit, I don't know what your problem is, or why you seem to hate me so much, but don't rain on my parade. Really I should have died out there, and in fact I'm still trying to piece together what happened, let alone my actions.Yet here I am, fully healed, and a Toa to boot. I think congratulations are in order, not cutting remarks."I leaned back on my legs, crossing my arms as I did so. "Not to mention, if you haven't noticed, I have yet to try out my new powers, and its out of respect of the Ga-Matoran because I have no freaking idea how to use them. So instead of attacking me, making me feel like some sort of mindless, bumbling cool dude, and otherwise degrading my existence, why don't you do what you toa are supposed to be doing: maybe teaching me how to use them so I don't go burning down Le-Koro?"I snorted slightly, turning my head sideways as I looked at the ground. "This is why I never gave toa much credit, let alone my support over the years: they never seemed to help us, fit the bill we were told as children. Most toa I've seen and heard about do nothing but either use their powers for themselves or are highly critical of others. It was Matoran that protected Matoran, not Toa. Now look at me; I've become what I've always spoken out against. Thanks for the reality check and continuing the fine tradition."I was surprised on how quickly my attitude changed, but it didn't alter the truth of my words. First fellow toa I meet and she slams reality into my face. Fantastic.This was going to be a LOT harder than I thought.OOC: profile edited. Not that a lot has been changed but still :P

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC: Raknar (Infernavika, Ga-Wahi)Raknar spun on his heel and met Gunner's eyes, slowly cutting the distance between them that the deck provided down to margins; his eyes had no cheerful glow, no air of apathy. It was obvious that this was something the captain had been expecting - hoping for - for a long time."Y'know, Gunner," he said quietly - which was never a good sign - "I do have one story. It's about this guy I sailed with. For the purposes of this story, we'll call him Rennug. Now, Rennug...he was a pretty decent sailor, Grade A pirate, but he had a talent at making everyone he met hate him on sight. And you know what? I was actually cool with him, because Rennug did his job well and it was nice to have someone around who could keep the rest of the crew in check. But after a while, I guess it was inevitable that he would start to grate on me. And grate on me he did.""And you know what really irritated me about Rennug? He barely had enough backbone to stand up straight half the time. All he could find it in him to do was complain and whine and moan about everything, even after all the breaks and promotions he was given; he even ended up a First Mate onboard a ship that he really didn't deserve. He didn't have the guts to leave the ship, which I would have been cool with. He didn't have the guts to tell me like a man about his complaints. No, he just sat and cried like a baby who just got robbed of its candy. It was pitiful, and not the proper way at all to lodge a complaint. All it made him do was seem more and more pathetic.""I think that's enough regaling for today. I worked up a thirst."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: RitMy eyes narrowed in response, so this was how it was going to be. I make one offhand comment, about something he'd given me no reason to doubt and he was going to get all defensive. Typical Ta-Toa, always so temperamental. Just look at his current actions, all he had done so far was do exactly what I had say. He was arrogant, he was hyper active, he was a fire-wielding moron. Okay so maybe I did go a little far. Gah, this cool dude just kept having me second guess my opinion of him. I always was able to judge people well based on first impressions. So why couldn't I judge him?"So, is that how it's going to be." I remarked dryly. "I make one comment, and you spring into some crazy rhetoric about it. Since when has it been my job to teach you how to use your powers. No one ever taught me, all they did was force me to be a doctor." Darn it, I let that slip, stupid chauvinistic pig, and why the karz can't I can't I come up with another name for him."Most Toa did have to learn for themselves, and the one's that couldn't control there powers ended up getting the short stick in life. Hated by the Matoran for all eternity just because some stupid destiny chose them. Fact of the matter is, most Toa are what you speak of. Why? Because no one ever gives a karz about any of us. All our job is to protect and help you, a few of us do, like me, do choose that path. However the others ask why, why should we help the very beings who oft refuse to help us. What makes them so special, that we have to sacrifice our lives for them. Many of us didn't even ask to become Toa." It was amazing, some how Joske had actually gotten me worked up, sure I sounded pretty much as emotionless as normal on the outside, but my words contained a punch to them I rarely used."Why are us Toa the one's chosen to protect you guys? What makes you guys innocent enough to just have to rely on others for help. I fail to see what entitles you to my help, why should I teach you? Give me a valid reason, instead of just spouting forth traditions you don't believe in. We Toa are nothing more than tools, shields, to you Matoran. To be used as you please before being discarded when we can no longer help. Perhaps you'll see that as well one day." "Not all Toa feel as though they must protect the weak like I do, many just wonder why they have to be dragged into this life time. We are not all just tools for fighting, we are living, breathing beings. So tell me Joske, why should I help you. What have you done that makes you worthy of getting special treatment few other Toa receive. Why can't you just have to struggle through it like the rest of us?" I finished by asking, congratulations to him, he got a rhetoric in response.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: [Gunner](Infernavika)"Okay," I responded, snarling, "I'll agree with you. I am pathetic. You think I don't know that? I've always known that. But at least I get stuff done around here.""Raknar, you're the bloody captain! Do you understand what that means? Do you understand the responsibility that comes with being in charge of a ship? It means you have to make actual decisions!""But have you, huh, have you? You actually managed to get us to kidnap that Turaga, I'll give you that. But after that? All you've done is snark, drink, and flirt with you're bloody girlfriend. You haven't paid any attention to this ship, whatsoever!""Grochi makes decisions around here. Perkahn does. Bloody karz, even Lasinia makes more decisions than you, and she's certifiably insane! You don't understand what it means to be a captain, and until you do, this will never be 'your ship'."Tired of talking, I spun around on my heel, and stalked off to the front of the ship.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: OnuzekThe gigantic Ba-Toa watched from the side. From what his simple mind could gather, some being named "Joske" had become a Toa with the help of some kind of stone-that-used-to-be-shiny. Well, according to the Toa of Fire who seemed to be arguing with the Ko-Toa standing over there.Just about now did he realise that he had no idea who these people were, but Skyra seemed to know them, so it was okay. Maybe. When the Ko-Toa-named-Rit arguing with the new-Ta-Toa-named-Joske asked them their names, Onuzek responded as he always did. "Onuzek's name is Onuzek, and Skyra's name is Skyra," the hulking Toa said, indicating himself and then the Le-Toa infront of him.A grin proportional to his body size spread across his Pakari, mostly because he was meeting new people, which was always exciting.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Raknar (Infernavika, Ga-Wahi)The thought of pushing Gunner over the edge and deliberately running him over with the ship stuck in Raknar's mind like a splinter, but instead, he drew his Zamor Launcher and turned around, advancing towards Perkahn."Let's get to the beach. I need to kill something."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: I slow as I approach the village gate, the Mark's power slowly seeping out of me. I glance at my arm.00:00:00:06:23:52:14So the boost lasted about eight minutes, then, assuming the clock had started on seven days. I file the information away as I jog the remaining few bio to the gate. Two guards watch my approach with poorly-disguised interest. I ignore them, but as I pass through the gate I suddenly find my path blocked by a pair of crossed spears."What's the hurry, fire-spitter?"I can't tell whether he meant for that to be an insult, but then, I don't really care on way or the other. "As soon as I find out, I'll be sure to let you know," I reply impatiently.The guard who had spoken looks me in the eye, holding my gaze intently. I respond in kind. After a few moments, he gives a small nod of approval and turns his gaze to his companion. They raise their spears in unison."Thank you," I say, voice dripping with sarcasm. I step past the gate, onto the reed bridge connecting Ga-Koro to the mainland. Now what? I wonder, glancing around at the floating village.The sound of raised voices draws my attention as I wander the maze of interconnected islands and lilypads. I can't make out the words, but from what I can tell the source of the commotion seems to be a small cluster of Toa, locked in some sort of disagreement. Might as well check it out.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC, Perkahn:(The Infernavika)Perkahn grinned, his battleaxe emerging from behind his back, firm in hand."Finally, that's more like it," he growled almost enthusiastically, "let's go hunt some Mark Bearers, and this time, for reals."It didn't take them long to get to the nearest dinghy, but the Toa of Iron halted on his way into it. "Come to think of it... dinghies are kind of slow. They'd see us coming. I think I'll take the low way and keep them occupied. Adios."Before anyone could ask him what the low way was, he vaulted over the broadside and into the water below, landing in it like a cannonball, spreading ripples in the water around. And before anyone could realize what had just happened, he charged away in a quick swim away towards the beach.

Edited by Tsar Dovydas

OOC: perfect :biggrin: And of course the following info taken from the BS01 wiki... :PICI had always prided myself in my cool temperament. Ask anyone who knew me and they would say I was the most chill Ta-Matoran they had ever met. I can count on one hand the number of times I had lost control of it. Practice, meditations, game focus... I did work at it, but at the same time I never, ever had a problem with it. Now all of a sudden that mental wall, that safety net I had spent decades building seemed to wash away, crumble under these new feeling and emotions that were distinctly alien.I was flooded with hot anger."BECAUSE IT'S YOUR JOB!" I exploded, unable to hold back the rush. "Toa are the epitome of matoran, the great heroes of the past and legends that are supposed to protect us, train us, teach us along with the turaga. You are supposed to have a strict ethical code, a moral compass, a passion to save those that cannot save themselves! You don't kill intelligent beings unless absolutely necessary; you avoid sneaking around and fighting at night so that we the Matoran YOU defend could see your deeds and not become suspicious! You don't betray your opponents, uphold justice, defend the Matoran you were sworn to protect! Not only that but when a new generation arises it is your duty to pass on what you can so that they may continue to uphold banner that YOU are supposed to be carrying. This is what you were sworn to do when you became one, and breaking the Toa code was punishable by losing the title of Toa and the respect of other Toa! This is what we were taught, what we expected, what we knew! It may be hard, lonely, and thankless, but your sacrifices is what kept the rest of us safe, our society prosperous, and our beliefs firm."I was hunched over, teeth and fists clenched, verbally wailing into this woman. "By your own words you disdain what you were created to do, reject what your destiny is supposed to be just so that you can be selfish and live the life YOU want to live. That's not part of the deal! To become Toa is to be given a great honor and responsibility, whether people appreciate it or not! You sit here and beat on me how I am not worthy to be one, yet at the same time you admit that you could care less about you are meant to do, proudly defending and upholding your own selfish desires and dreams. How DARE you accuse me and degrade me when you yourself are nothing more than a shadow?"I stopped shouting as I leveled a glare at her. "I had great hopes and dreams when Tahu and the others came. They were supposed to free us from Makuta and restore the balance, the cycle that we once enjoyed. And my best friend Takua went with them, having grand adventures and otherwise helping them in the best ways he knew how. Then they disappeared. They failed. Then Takua vanished. Now tell me this, Toa, if it was their - and afterwards your - job to stop him, why would new toa be summoned? If you are doing your job so well, why would Mata-Nui pick more!?"I was now screaming in her face. "Yes, WHY WOULD I BE PICKED!? Why, out of AAAALLLLLLL the matoran on the island, why would he pick a conceited, self-serving, charismatic prick like myself to be the next hero? Maybe because you have all FAILED! Yes, you, and your brothers, and your sisters, have all failed in your duty, not fulfilling your destiny, and so much so that he now has to go to the third-string and bench warmers to get the job done. Maybe you should get off your high-ussal and think about what this transformation actually means. But you know what, no, never mind, its not your job. You have your own life to live, right? Not your duty. And if someone doesn't fit the little mold of a worldview that you have, instead of expanding it, you attempt to degrade it."I waved my hand, turning away from her. "You know what? Screw you. Screw all of you. If this is what I have to look forward to in being a toa, I want no part in it. I am going to find my destiny, why my friend undertook untold dangers to find and bring me one of the last toa stones, why I was graced with this gift. I am going to become what heroes are supposed to be, even if it kills me. I am going to become everything you are not, everything you ever dreamed but were to selfish to do. I hope when you take your last dying breath your conscience is clear, knowing that it took someone like me to bring back what you were supposed to be. I know mine will be."I didn't even give her a chance to say anything else. I simply turned and walked away; actually, stalked would have been a better word, pushing the Ga-Toa doctor out of my way as I did. Where that came from I don't know, and why I was so worked up I didn't know either, but I just had to get away from there. Why something didn't explode into flames I didn't know, I was just thankful to the Great Spirit that I didn't lose it completely and fry half the koro. I decided I would go home, back to my little treehouse in the delta, and work things out there. Yes, that was the best plan. Away from these hypocrites, from these self-serving so-called heroes. I... just had to get away. Angry, upset, emotional... these feelings were very much new to me, and very out of character. I turned towards the bridge that led the way to the beach.

IC: Onuzek"Hm. Onuzek doesn't like it when people do that," the gigantic Ba-Toa said thoughtfully. "They don't make good friends."Onuzek watched the angry Ta-toa go, and considered trying to help him. But then again, Onuzek found that most angry people didn't like help. Shrugging his overly-wide shoulders, the hulking brute turned to the rest of the beings and waited. Once one person leaves, everyone else usually followed.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Cael)The Toa of Water was surprised by Joske's outburst, but not shocked. Rit had been goading him, that much was obvious. She didn't know why the Toa of Ice had a bone to pick with the Toa of Fire, but she had driven him to a shouting match, and she guessed their being elemental opposited didn't help either.Cael stumbled to the side as Joske pushed her out of the way. She frowned -that was uncalled for- but did nothing. A life working with hurt people had taught her never to react. She recognized that in Joske as he stalked away, heading for the main gate of Ga-Koro. Though he was a Toa now, bigger, bolder, and stronger, he was still a Matoran inside.The healer didn't know if anything Joske said had been true, but it still stung. To be accused of being selfish, lazy, and incompetent wasn't something that was going to make your day. She had tried -for years she had tried- to do what she could to make Mata Nui a better place. But it hadn't been years of obvious fighting and heroism. It had been years of broken arms and collarbones, of drowning Matoran and burned Toa. She had saved lives, yes,but not in the manner Joske was looking for.This Toa had saved a village from a Tarakava, while he was still a Matoran. Few Toa could boast of such an accomplishment; it was no wonder that Joske was disappointed with his heroes. Smaller and weaker than them, he had still done what he felt they should have been doing.Looking around, Cael saw a small crowd of beings, all watching Joske's departure, some looking angry at his words, some looking as though they wanted to go after him.The healer, too, wanted very much to go after the Toa of Fire, to convince him that Toa weren't everything he accused them of, and couldn't be all he expected them to be. She wanted to help him access his powers safely, and teach him anything she could help him with. He was right: it was her job -and every Toa's job- to pass on what they knew to the next generation. But he was too angry now; he wouldn't listen.If I go after him now, he won't listen.If I don't, he might burn the island down.Cael sighed, and started jogging after Joske. She wasn't sure if she was doing the right thing, but she'd never lost a patient before, and she wasn't about to lose one now. The Toa may have been healed, but he still needed care, and that was a job for a healer.It was a job for a Toa.OOC: I started this post assuming I wouldn't go after Joske... well, Cael had ideas of her own. :P

ICI was so angry, so disgruntled... it was like and inner fire that raged, one that I couldn't quench. What I needed was a release, but I didn't know how to. No, I was afraid to.I was just scared and afraid in general.The novelty of what happened to me had worn off, and now the cold, unemotional reality of what this meant was weighing heavily on me. Not only that, but in my pride, anger, and competitive behavior I just set for myself a bar so high I didn't think I could even make it. I was out of my element and out of my league...I heard rapid footsteps behind me. As I turned to prepared myself to see Rit bearing down on me weapon drawn, but instead I saw the Ga-Toa jogging after me. I had half a mind just to ignore her and quicken my pace, but I was so disorganized and tapped at the moment I didn't; I just let her run up to me, meeting near the bridge."Need something?" I mumbled. I really didn't feel like conversation.

IC (Cael)The healer shook her head. "No, Joske. But you need something. I know because I've felt the same way you feel right now."The Toa of Fire looked annoyed, but Cael went on before he could stalk off again. "And I'm not saying that in a condescending way, or saying it like a healer to her patient." She placed a hand on his shoulder. "From Toa to Toa, I know what's going on. And I want to help.""Becoming a Toa doesn't come with instructions, and that makes it scary, because you don't know what going to happen next." Cael smiled. "I remember tripping over things and knocking stuff over just because I was suddenly twice as tall as I was used to. And my elemental powers? I didn't know if I would create a tsunami if I waved the wrong way, or a rainstorm if I coughed."The truth is, being a Toa is hard because you're given power without being given any responsibility." The healer looked Joske in the eye. "Power over fire doesn't come with a moral compass or built-in temper control." She tapped his heartlight. "You need to have those things already, or learn them."She stepped back. "Now if I know Toa of Fire, you're probably angry right now, and feel like you're going to explode. That's your element talking. As a Matoran, you controlled your temper, but now it's harder." Cael smiled. "Fire wants to talk for you, and it's not exactly the most patient of elements."The healer pointed out over the bay. "I want you to trust me on this. Take your anger and your frustration, and pretend you're shooting it over the water. Like they're physical things you can actually throw."

IC: CadiasI was walking toward the exit of Ga-Koro, loaded down with supplies. I'd heard some vague snatches of rumors of a Tarakava attack, and nobody in their right minds would want to stick around after one of those.That was when the yelling started.I couldn't see who was yelling, or who they were yelling at, but whoever they were, they were loud. I could hear every word pretty clearly.... and while I was certain they weren't talking to me, they may as well have been. Whoever they were describing sounded just like me.Hot shame flooded through my veins. Here I was, granted with unbelievable power, power that could be used to save lives each and every day. And what did I use it for? Roasting fish? It was sickening!Finally, the yelling came to an end. A Ta-Toa stormed off, walking into my sight and out of the village. Judging by the way the villagers were staring at him, he was the one who had done the yelling. I whistled under my breath, looking at him with grudging admiration. "There goes a Toa better than myself."Walking out the exit, I looked up. "Vrana! You up there? Come on, let's go!"I was certain that for many days to come I would ponder over what he had said..... and wonder why I hadn't ever realized it.