Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC:

Toa Maru...it has a nice ring to it. The name felt right somehow, proper.

Leah watched as Korero continued to draw, quick strokes with the piece of charcoal. He was good too, perspective and proportions were all correct, despite the minimal amount of time.

"So, is this what you expected when you joined up with Stannis, Korero?"

She got a chuckle out of that. The would-be chronicler that turned out to be chosen. Destiny works in mysterious ways. Though, she did not believe it was as all-encompassing as Stannis believed. If that were true, they could go now and do whatever they pleased, and somehow Makuta would keel over because he was supposed to. Of course that wasn't how it worked at all. The saying went follow your destiny, not wait for destiny to come to you. You had to allow destiny to work its magic, follow the path that you knew to be right. And when you did that...she glanced down at her hands; the large palms, the strong, elegant fingers...then destiny became an unstoppable force. But the Prophet had to go to the mountain, it did not come to him.

As if on cue, Sulov approached Stannis. "A word, please."

Okay, maybe sometimes the mountain does come to the prophet she thought and smiled a little at the image. Sulov and Stannis left while Korero still drew. She looked over to Reordin and Oreius and let out a deep breath. The Toa of fire was still kneeling on the ground and Leah walked in his direction. As she passed Reordin, she briefly placed a hand on his left shoulder, letting it trail across his neck and back down his right shoulder as she walked by, a small sign of affection to let him know that the transformation had not applied to their feelings.

She continued on and knelt down next to Oreius. "I did not expect that Inu would remain joined with you as Toa...two transformations within minutes of each other has to be exhausting. Are you alright?" she asked.

-----------------------------------

They continued to run through the jungle, until Leah spotted something through the thick of the tree up ahead. Light broke through gaps, unfiltered by the green of the foliage above and in one of the gaps, silhouetted against the light was a black Obelisk. They were here. Kohra raised a hand, signaling Ronkshou to stop running. They couldn't just run into the clearing without scouting it out first. They were only two and if the Matoran still remained in the area after their transformation, there would be six Toa here by now. The odds were against them. Slowing down to a near-crawl, the two agents of Makuta began to stealthily make their way around the clearing, to find a spot with a better view...

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Korero)

Korero laughed light-heartedly.

"Of course not!" he chuckled. "But somehow, I think it's exactly what I needed."

He kept his smile as he turned back to drawing. Soon the picture was finished, complete with cross-hatched shading and a small caption: The Obelisk, Suva of the Toa Maru.

Closing the notebook, he returned it to his satchel and looked around. Leah was speaking softly with Oreius, and Stannis and Sulov looked to be having a deep and emotional moment. Korero wanted to get to know his new brothers better, but he knew the old saying that 'three's a crowd', so he turned to the only remaining Toa Maru: Reordin.

Tapping the Toa of Ice on the shoulder, he shot him a cheerful smile.

"Hey," he said. "We're brothers now, and we've barely even spoken! Unless..."

A frown crossed Korero's brow as he dug back into that sense of deja vu.

"Wait...I thought I recognised you...you were in the Guard, right?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: Wrote this last night (with some last minute changes just now). In lieu of a more “climatic” confrontation as I had envisioned it months ago, I am instead introducing the newest force for good evil force. VF, it’s up to you whether you want Kohra to fight or not. It would certainly help though.

Hope you guys enjoy.

IC: Wokodin – Le-Wahi Jungle – Following Ronkshou and Kohra

The jungle was always a mite stickier than I would have liked, though I suppose I should not be too querulous of my surroundings. In absolute fairness, no ash bears or Nui Rama have bothered me. The skies were mostly clear and there was a cool breeze, though I could appreciate neither of those traits because I was currently under a canopy – the weather was relaxing and a sight to see before I descended into the swamps and surreptitiously trailed my prize through the jungle. The sand-colored cloak I had used to conceal myself in the desert was also helping here, keeping the bugs away and whatnot. After much venturing through, the humidity made it uncomfortable to wear, and I set it upon a branch, marking my way for when I would return.

I now stood with stoic contempt in under the dark sage-colored blanket of the jungle canopy. Leaves and twigs crunching under the might of my armored feet. Despite there being so few people around, I found the jungle quite noisy; my space under the canopy was filled with clicking and chirping from bugs and birds, and past those sounds, one could hear the faint rushing of water along a stream somewhere. All of this noise made is a bit more difficult to track my prize and his (likely) accomplice. Ronkshou could be the link that I needed to track down Vidar, Echelon, Utu, and who-knows-who-else. With such captures completed by me alone, I soothed my mind with images of deserved glory and riches.

At no point during this journey did I ever consider defeat. Why would I? I’ve been in this occupancy, this game of thrones, longer than any other supposed “hero”. And yet, how many scrolls bear my credentials? How many busts hold my image? How many tablets and plaques speak of my feats? No one is concerned for the trailblazers of this story- no, this game. Because life is a game, where you win or you lose – to call this a “journey” or an “experience” is to embrace defeat while chastising your peers for the honor that they’ve gained or will gain. It’s childish, really.

My ears picked up two pairs of footsteps ahead, and I slowed my pace. The twigs and dried leaves were admittedly become more of an annoyance now, for I knew to not underestimate the Makuta’s 2nd Lieutenant. If I could hear him, what was to keep him from hearing me? I crouched to hide my tall frame and trained my ear towards the source of the footsteps, not moving for a few precious seconds.

Taking in the volumes and the echoes of their footsteps, I determined that they were still walking away from me (that’s always good) and that they were, in fact, south and east of me, or rather, towards my left. Being ever-mindful of what lay on the ground, I continued my pace in Ronkshou’s direction.

I didn’t want to engage just yet, as I still had little knowledge of what exactly these two were doing. Whatever it was, Ronkshou and the Vortixx were in quite a hurry, even injuring two Matoran (and in turn making me a fleeting hero). What were they looking for? And would this trail eventually lead me to the rest of Makuta’s servants and Lieutenants? Would the Shadow Toa appear? I nearly salivated at the prospect of bringing the Dark One’s head to Po-Koro, and throwing it at Hewkii’s feet in exchange for a throne of my own. No, leading a village was never a prospect for me, but a personal throne, or perhaps my own statue – surely nothing less than that for the Shadow Toa’s head.

I shook my head to get those thoughts out. I had to concentrate on this prize. Ronkshou was next after the Shadow Toa, which means he would be worth only slightly less. Combine that with the knowledge that I will glean from him one way or another… and I would have Echelon, Vidar, Utu, and all of the other villains of Mata Nui under my bondage, to be nobly offered to Po-Koro’s leadership.

The duo was increasing in speed now, and I increased my pace in turn, approaching a short rock ridge and moving up and past it in no time. Several more of the ridges were before me, and I resigned myself to climbing my way up. In doing so, I realized that the stream I had heard faintly before was now rushing past me to my right; nearly-clear, fresh water flowing down and shimmering in what little sunlight can pass through the canopy.

As I jogged behind the Toa and the Vortixx up these ridges, I felt the strangest sense of Deja-Vu. Upon further thought, I remembered that I had been here before!

This was the way to the Nui Rama Hive, or at least it was, before it was destroyed.

A euphoric sense of nostalgia swept over me as I remembered grander times – back when this island felt new and fresh, before the Makuta’s hold was as great as it was now. Of course, it feels as new as it would ever feel for most of the citizens here, but for me? I still remember a long-dead era.

As the land beneath my feet became rougher, I started to envision the last time I was near the Rama Hive. I was searching for the famed Absolute crystal, the one which, when embedded into one’s armor, would allow him to wield six elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Stone, and Ice. While the crystal wasn’t here, it was difficult to forget the countless battles with Nui Rama – I’m sure I killed at least 100 of those insects that day.

Oh, and for those curious, I did find the crystal in a completely different region, though it was lost before I could benefit from my finding.

It was the same old story: weeks of adventure and near-death escapades, which are rewarded with a tease of what you were seeking, followed by it disappearing forever. It happened again when I searched for the mythical “Swarms” with Toa Loriella (who tried to kill me once she discovered that I didn’t really bother myself too much with overthrowing the Makuta); no “swarms” were found. They’re obviously not real. Then, there was that war I fought with the self-titled “Protectors”… a war that lasted so much longer than it should have and that many believe should have killed me. Instead, I, the tactical General that I am, killed the leader of the village and took it over. Of course, that wondrous victory can never be sung about, as it was won in the interest of the Makuta. To make matters worse, not even the Makuta gave me anything in return, citing the village’s violent fall one year later by a supposed “psychic”. He assassinated the leader that the Makuta’s top servants appointed, but realized his grave mistake once we carried out our orders pre-set for such a happening: kill all the people, burn the village to ashes, and salt the land so that people will think it’s just a thumb of Motara Desert. The ironic part is this though: the “freedom-fighter” was but another would-be dictator, not a Mata Nui-worshipping assailant. He offed himself once I and my men killed all the people he hoped to enslave.

Talk about a waste of ambition. He could have just used his skills to take over another village. I hate to admit it, but he was smart enough. The stories of his standoff with the leader are still being passed down from elders to younglings.

Or they would be, had most of the witnesses not been killed off.

Long story short, all of my victories have been fleeting; glory and riches taken from me before I can lay my hands on them. After the destruction of that village, I was forced to start over. Today, all of my accomplishments mean nothing at best and treason at worst. How can it be that the Toa who has seen the most is the Toa that no one remembers? If I am so great, my list of accomplishments so grand, then why must I be ordinary? Where did I go wrong? And most importantly, how can I right it?

Well, capturing the Makuta’s 2nd Lieutenant is a heck of a good start.

IC: Ronkshou – Foot of Destroyed Rama Hive – Le-Wahi

After an hour of jogging, resting, and jogging some more through thick vines and sticky air, Ronkshou and Kohra were rewarded with blue skies. Ronkshou followed Kohra’s lead, circling the clearing. The Infected Toa took this moment to take a couple of more breaths. Le-Wahi was quite vast, and even when they knew where to go, the rivers to cross, trees to dodge, and Rahi to avoid made the trip less then smooth. Ronkshou closed his eyes to meditate and calm his body, as well as prepare it for battle. He wasn’t sure exactly what the Makuta bid them to do now. Ronkshou was confident in his ability to take on a team of brand-new Toa, but considering that the Matoran’s transformations were from this specialized Toa Stones… Ronkshou wanted to avoid any presumptions.

Just then, the ground rumbled beneath Ronkshou and Kohra’s feet. The two look at each other quizzically, and then readied their weapons. Ronkshou quickly took out his apparatus and wrapped it around his mask, jamming the cords into the back of his head. Did the new Toa sense their presence and gain a wishful sense of courage?

To the duo’s surprise, they saw only a stone slab rise from the mud, plants, sticks, and other rubble that once made up the Rama Hive. The rumbling then stopped. The slab, tan in color, was but the size of Ronkshou’s foot, and the Infected Toa was confused, but only momentarily. At that exact moment, five more stone slabs of the same size and shape emerged from the ground, encasing the duo in a circle.

Self-preservation took hold for the Infected Toa. His memory and training recalled various battles with Toa of Stone. While normally very sturdy and patient people, they could be quite… destructive at times. No longer having regard for his partner, Ronkshou activated his shield just in time before the six stone slabs shattered with the ferocity of bombs, sending shards and splinters of dense rock in all directions. While Ronkshou’s quick thinking led to a good decision, ultimately, the Kanohi Hau’s shield cannot extend the complete circumference of Ronkshou’s being – this is why ambush was effective. Ronkshou found himself being thrust into the ground, his back pelleted with rock shards. When the dust settled, Ronkshou slowly rose to his feet, his back and arms bearing a few new cuts on them from the sharper shards of stone. He could only hope Kohra fared better than he did; her form did help her to be much faster.

Before the Toa and Vortixx stood a Toa whose height was one and one-half times that of the average Toa, and whose shoulders had the breath of a Titan. The mountain of the Toa simply watched the two rise to their feet, a hungry looked plastered across his Kanohi Sanok.

“Ronkshou, or as I call it, my ticket to glory and riches,” Wokodin said, his voice had the timbre of an old and venerable hero. It was a perfect mask for his true motivations, “Or have you not paid attention to how much you and your allies are worth?”

Wokodin’s eyes darted to Kohra, and then reverted to the Infected Toa, “Who is she”

“That means nothing to you,” Ronkshou growled. The last time he engaged a Toa of this size, things didn’t end well. As such, Ronkshou’s common stoic and matter-of-fact demeanor was not there, “Just know that there is nothing to protect here any longer, except for possibly yourself. You run along, we let this whole thing go”

Wokodin then let out a chuckle that was not too terribly from Ronkshou’s own Makuta-controlled laugh.

Wokodin – Foot of Destroyed Rama Hive – Le-Wahi

This was most humorous. I knew Ronkshou said that either because there was little else he could say, or he wanted to know my reaction.

Still, who would think I would retreat without even a drop of blood being shed?

“I came all this way from Po-Wahi, why would I turn back now?” I said to the minions, no doubt sending chills up their spines. They had indeed been followed by the opposite side of the island, not at all aware of a third presence. I took one step forward, the tension in the air only compounding with the climate. It was an unfortunate situation really: surely all three of us knew how this would end, unless they two minions retreated, and yet, their bondage under the Makuta forced them to remain here.

Growing impatient, I decided to tell them who I was, then maybe I would learn the name of this Vortixx.

“I am Gen. Wokodin,” I said, my voice never faltering and instead having the forceful weight of a mountain, “the most powerful warrior on Mata Nui”

IC: Kongu – Gukko Force HQ

“Echelon,” Kongu spat and his fists clenched, “A name Le-Koronans know all too well”

The Captain shook his head to get the vengeful thoughts out, and then leaned forward to Skyra.

“You are heart-brave to describe these dark-happenings,” Kongu said sympathetically, “We must continue: I have been receiving reports about the Mark Bearers; their note-file is still active. Last I have ear-heard is that they all went to Xa-Koro, but I haven’t heard anything about them since. Is there some light you can shed on that?”

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

OOC:

[...]

Stannis laid his hand reverently on the shaft of the Rahk staff and lifted it from Sulov's palms, upraised as if he were in prayer. Stannis suddenly did not feel the urge to give Sulov a long speech of how they were now brothers and he should be seen as an equal, but rather he felt the inner desire to honour Sulov's culture in ways the mountain did not, could not, have expected from his commander. Instead of speaking long and painfully to Sulov, Stannis merely placed his empty hand in Sulov's palm and squeezed firmly, respectfully heartfelt but strong as a leader's hold should be. And then Stannis, unseen to Sulov's bowed head, bowed his own face and hovered it over the clenched hands.

All Sulov could feel were a couple drops of water splashing on his hand -- Stannis' tears of joy. The prophet could almost feel Sulov thinking the same thing as he: Thank you.

"Brother," Stannis said gently as if waking a child, "let's go." Short. Succinct. Many meanings in one brief phrase. But time was still short and destiny was always moving at a breakneck pace. Their hearts were great, shown as they wept, but they still had destinies to be met; and had miles to go before they slept. Miles to go before they slept.

IC: (In loss, gain. In surrender, victory. In death, life. Equivalent exchange.)

1...2...3 seconds. Then I feel the staff disappear from my contact. 4. Stannis' hand grasps mine and squeezes, soft but firm. 5. Two droplets hit my hand. 6.

"Brother, let's go."

His voice is gentle, just a little thick, and it reminds me of the droplets. Did he cry? Maybe I should do that, too. Does he really know how I feel if I don't?

I sense someone's gaze wander over me. I guess Stannis has taken the gift. And I know my answer.

Yes, Stannis knows that I reciprocate thanks. He is my brother. Like Reordin. Stannis won't think I'd betray his show of intimacy, and Stannis will know I am not ignorant of it either. Stannis understands. So it's not justified to weep. A servant of people does not cry; that would hurt people by making them concerned or sad too. Hurt's pointless if it doesn't help. And Stannis doesn't need help.

I stand up straight, slowly leaving our shared dream and returning to the real. Nod to Stannis. Then I hunch again, showing that the meeting is over. We start walking back. Things are different between both of us, now, but they got that way like in a fight. We're better because of equivalent exchange. Supplication and promotion. My allegiance for his lordship. Brotherhood given and brotherhood gotten. Now, when we come back, our level of knowledge has increased and our bond is bound in blood. We've lost and gained in the same manner. We're united.

Edited by Jerry Renault

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Skyra – Gukko Force HQ -
“Echelon,” Kongu spat and his fists clenched, “A name Le-Koronans know all too well”
The Captain shook his head to get the vengeful thoughts out, and then leaned forward to Skyra.
“You are heart-brave to describe these dark-happenings,” Kongu said sympathetically, “We must continue: I have been receiving reports about the Mark Bearers; their note-file is still active. Last I have ear-heard is that they all went to Xa-Koro, but I haven’t heard anything about them since. Is there some light you can shed on that?”
Oh boy, the Mark Bearers, now I knew a thing or two about them, after all I'd been friends with a couple, fought several, even became a Mark Bearer at one point, though only briefly.
"You're in luck Captain...I happen to be able to answer that and more." I began. "I have come across many of the Mark Bearers, some of them, like Tillian and his wife Emotia, were my friends. Others not so much."
I cleared my throat, "Oddly enough, Echelon was behind the marks that the Mark Bearers wielded. I was with Merror and the others on his team when we found all the Mark Bearers had come together at some temple in Xa-koro, the marks somehow forced them to come there whether they willed it or not. Echelon showed up and had some sort of master mark, he was trying to use the mark to absorb the power of the other mark bearers and become 'invincible' or something crazy like that. His plan ended up backfiring horribly and the master mark failed. Echelon ended up faking his death and escaping us with outside help." I said, sounded a bit frustrated thinking back on it, we had been soooo close to catching the Makuta spawn.
"After that we left the group of Mark Bearers to go after Echelon. Though I learned later from others who had remained what happened, the temple apparently opened and some sort of thing grabbed them one by one and pulled them in. They reappeared in different locations all over the island, though they lost their marks, and from what I have heard, there isn't anyone left that still has a mark, they've all become normal people again."
"I know that sounds insane...but honestly everything about the Mark Bearers was."
Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Phone postIC: KehuriAs Plagia caught up to him (pretty quickly, he might add. He was fast, but not outstandingly so, and he lacked the endurance to keep it up) Kehuri struck up a conversation with his companions again."Hey, what are your takes on the Toa Code?"It was a simple question, but it was extremely important to him.

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:Miha ~Talking to Merror~

"Anyways," the Matoran continued, knowing that Zealokan would be able to show Merror where Zygad's house was if Merror wanted to sleep there like she had suggested, "I was wondering if you could tell me everything you know about Echelon. It's very important."

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC: Plagia - Jungle

I know we were in the jungle and all, but I swear, as soon as Kehuri asked that question, the ambient temperature plummeted...along with my stomach.

"Well..." I began hesitantly, trying to buy some time to think of an actual response, "If I had to say, I'd probably say it was a good theory, but sort of lacks in actual practice..."

Suddenly, my thoughts flew back to the image of that Parakuka'd Toa, half of his arm hanging from its socket, lying in a pool of his own blood, the same stuff which was still stained on my sword. I had defeated him, but I certainly hadn't killed him. So, was that proof that the Code could be followed successfully?

"It's just that," I continued, a little more confident this time, "I suppose it all depends on the situation. In some cases, you can avoid killing an opponent, but others, were your enemy is just that dangerous, perhaps not."

More blood seeped into my mind, this time in the form of Akinii's decapitated form, crumpled on the ground of the Rama Hive. A life spent by a being who probably didn't even care that his victim had died. Rage swelled up in me, and another image, this one of my sword embedded in that Dark Toa's stomach, filled my mind's eye.

"I mean, our enemy isn't afraid of killing - can we afford to be?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Naru

If the temperature plummeted for Plagia, then it shot up past the boiling point for Naru. The Toa of Plasma didn't speak immediately, her lips pressed together as she stared straight ahead, her steely gaze fixed on a point beyond the underbrush before her. This hadn't been the first time that she had been faced with a question like this, having asked Zauk if it really was worth it. For the most part, Naru did her best to follow the Toa Code. But what was the point? Everyone else on this island went around stabbing people through the chest without a second thought. Everyone.

Infected Toa... They almost did it on a regular basis. Sure, there were loads of people that argued about being forced against their will because of the Infected Kanohi, but no excuses could be made for those who willingly followed. Then there were other, just plain insane beings. Naru thought back to Pulse, deranged Tryna wearing Toa of Ice who wanted nothing short of the death of every living thing on the island. She had been the one to suggest that it might be easier to just... take away his ability to hurt anyone...

Was the Code really worth it? First the Turaga were kidnapped, Nokama having been taken when she was not even five bio away from her. Naru had been powerless to stop it. Then Po-Koro was attacked by the Followers of Makuta, after just recovering from having part of the village destroyed by Rahkshi. Later, Ko-Koro suffered the same fate, something that weighed heavily on her Ko-Koroan traveling companion. It was then that Naru questioned whether she was actually doing anything good. Doing anything to help the villages in any way. Was she?

"It's a Code to go by, and it's probably for the best that it's there," the Toa of Plasma said. As if anyone actually followed it anymore. "Some beings, though..."

Naru paused. She knew it was true.

"Are better off dead. Sometimes, we can't afford to just an enemy live. The Followers of Makuta kill without a second thought, while we spare their lives. We're constantly loosing people, while they don't loose a single person because of the Code. We grow weaker even as they grow stronger."

It was offly defeatist, but Naru had pretty much hit rock-bottom with the deaths of the Turaga. There really wasn't any way that she believed they could continue like this. Eventually, Makuta would either Infect them all, or end up killing them all. For every evil being they locked up, two more took their place, and there was one less space to keep all of them.

It was easier just to kill them.

It shocked her to think that.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Kehuri

The temperature stayed the same for the Toa of Earth. It was his heart that dropped. He had to admit, he shared their view point. He'd just been hoping that he didn't.

He nodded grimly. "I understand. But there is one thing I disagree with." He looked at Naru, "Naru, I don't think you're right about that being the reason the light seems to be losing so badly. I don't think it would even take two hands to count the number of beings on this island who adhere to the code fully." He faced ahead again, "I wish I could say I adhered to the code, myself... I just wish there were some way we could show that we're better than they are." He clenched his fists, "If I ever meet the Makuta, or his henchmen- willing ones-, I can't guarantee I can keep myself from trying to twist their heads backwards on sight." He swore under his breath. "But if there were some other way... Some way to remove their powers... to trap them for eternity. To somehow remove the threat they pose..." He didn't know how to finish the sentence, so he just left it hanging.

He thought of Onua. The wise and strong Toa would have surely found a way to stop the Makuta without killing him! He and the other five were shining examples of the Code. They always upheld it.

But maybe that was what got them killed.

With a bitter taste in his mouth, he thrust the thought away and focused on keeping up with their Le-Matoran guide, listening to the responses of his companions, if they had any.

BZPRPG Profiles

The Toa of Plasma sighed, her posture dropping as they continued on through the jungle. All of this was weighing down on her quite a lot. She had seen too much evil on this island, too many Koros destroyed. Naru agreed with him, even if she didn't want to. There were just too few beings who cared. Like, really cared. Those that weren't in it for personal gain, greedy for widgets or glory. Maybe then, if more Toa cared, the Koros wouldn't have been attacked, maybe the Turaga wouldn't have been kidnapped, maybe they wouldn't have been killed.

Naru had been right there when Nokama was kidnapped, she had watched Po-Koro be destroyed, and it still effected her. Mata Nui, she couldn't imagine what it must be like for Kehuri right now, having only recently been transformed into a Toa. Unconsciously, she placed a hand on the Toa of Earth's shoulder. The island really wasn't the nice place that they all imagined it to be. It made Naru want to just give up. But she couldn't. Just burning something would help.

But it wouldn't.

Unless it was Makuta himself.

"If there's a way," Naru began quitely, glancing up at the rapidly darkening sky. For what? She didn't know. "We'll find it. If not us, then someone else will. But eventually, something's going to happen. Someone's going to find a way."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: I hate technology. I wrote my biggest post to date, and it's alllllllll gone. Whoop-dee-doo. <_< IC: KehuriThe Toa of Earth was surprised at Naru's touch and turned to face her. He lowered his eyes as his brow creased into a regretful scowl. Somehow, having someone else find a way just didn't quite sit right with him. He had some power now, and he wasn't about to let it go to waste while someone else went and saved the island. He wasn't a Matoran anymore. He had a Duty. He didn't want money or fame, like so many others. He wanted to be important! He wanted to be one of the most important parts of the machine that was Mata Nui's will. He even wanted to surpass Onua, the Toa that had so inspired him. The one that, however briefly he had lived on the island, had inspired the Matoran of Onu-Koro more than any Toa this day had.So many Toa had dismissed the Toa Code as old-fashioned guidelines, or a way to look good in the eyes of the Matoran. But Kehuri knew that it was more than that. He knew, because he believed it with all his heart. The Toa Code was a way of being. It was who a Toa was. And yet, it was a puzzle. And Kehuri wanted to be the one to solve it!He almost laughed. Kehuri the Unambitious had found an ambition at last.Then he realized he had been facing Naru for a while now. He grew conscious of the weight he could see on her shoulders. Even if she was trying to hide it, troubles weren't something you could just hide from the Toa of Earth. He had no idea what this Toa, his friend, had gone through. But he could see it was painful for her right now.And yet she was trying to comfort him, with the hand that now rested on his shoulder. Somehow, that, too, didn't sit right with him. He'd said earlier that he wasn't a healer. Yet, even now as Naru acted almost motherly towards him, he wanted to be the comforter. Earth wasn't only a shelter. It was a foundation. Something firm to stand on. He wanted to be that foundation.He started to grow flustered again, and for a brief moment, he actually felt an urge to lean forward and kiss her. But she shoved the feeling aside and instead stepped forward to pull her into a hug, his thick arms wrapping around her shoulders. He used his slight height advantage to make it as clear as he could without saying anything: He was the one doing the comforting, here. He just wished his heart wasn't beating this fast.

"They won't have the opportunity," he said finally, in response to Naru's previous comment, "Because there is a way, and I will find it."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: As Stannis reintegrates with the conversation and I get back to watching, I guess it's time to really garner knowledge about this form. Using my element doesn't detract from my focus enough to weaken my guard. So I put myself into my left arm again and speak to the Earth. It answers at my beckoning. And with that, the trials begin.

First, I decide to transmute more weaponry. (Visualize, Realize, Absolutize.) A saber appears in the ground. I examine it. Swing at air to see balance and feel. Determine cutting power and durability on foliage cuts. It's not reinforced enough to be effective against tougher plants. I reshape it and try again. And again. 25 minutes of reshaping produces a satisfactory szabla. Its hilt is ergonomic compact earth closed for additional control, with 'mustache' feathers for durability, and a fitted thumb-ring for recovery and power blows on its straight ceramic guard. The blade is 1.25 meters of heavy earth reinforcing a cutting ceramic edge at a slight curve; it ends in a hefty yelmen to thrust and slice.I put the szabla aside. Training comes later. Now, I re-examine my halberd. I know polearms better than swords, allowing me greater comprehension in my tests. And likewise, following 15 minutes of experimentation, I find that its design is excellent. I focus more on the creation of lances from its body. 20 minutes. My lance of earth is finished. Its body is 4 meters in length for attacks at long ranges. Its handle is of hard earth, but the rest of its components are made of fragile ceramic that is internally hollow. Upon contact with armor, it penetrates slightly before shattering, creating a cloud of sharpened splinters.I move on from this. Now I know how to create swords from the szabla, polearms from the lance, and axes from the halberd. The basic nature of these experiments have left me with knowledge of most of the bladed weapon types. But I haven't tried to make anything new. And there's much more to be done. I don't have a projectile yet, nor a close-quarters weapon, and I yet lack in basic tools aside from these blades. I decide to pursue these problems. I try to make a dart. Next, a knife. And following that, a brick. The cycle of experimentation repeats again for 1 hour.

Then I find it. One piece of Earthcraft serves as a multi-purpose answer to my problems.

The piece is a stake. It is 1/3 a meter, long enough to fit in my hand and short enough to use in a corridor. Balanced to stab as well as throw. Easy to create, yet capable of maiming damage. It has the penetration power granted by stilettolike simplicity alongside a sturdy haft provided by bladelike structure. It can be a short bludgeon or bou shuriken. It fits just as well into a trap or defensive fortification at greater proportions. At lesser sizes, it can be held three in a hand for increased throwing. Each one is shaped with a pyramid tip of lethal sharpness provided by fine ceramic. Its grip is made of round and toughened earth and pommel of more ceramic. Internally, the brittle outside is held together by soil and clay reinforcement, with the option of hollowing its center for greater production at the cost of a slight decrease in durability. Being the most simple of the weapons I create, its design shows the most room for modification according to the situation.

I put my arsenal aside. I've drained my connection with Earth enough that further experimentation would leave me with little reserves in case of attack. I've created enough. Now I just quietly pace about the group for exercise, watching as ever. I will service others besides in whatever manner my commander deems fit in honor of my oath. He will lead and I shall follow.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: I absolutely hate it when that happens. Sorry about that, man. :(

The orange-armored Toa tried to give a small smile as Kehuri turned to face her. She really wasn't the best at being reassuring, and really didn't have that much experience comforting someone. But she would try, for as much as her sake as it was for Kehuri's. She felt somewhat protective towards the Toa of Earth, and it wouldn't do much for her peace of mind if he ended up like... Well, everyone else on the island that just lost hope in the face of all this. Maybe... Maybe they could do with someone like him.

And then he surprised her completely, pulling her into a hug. Her eyes grew wide for a moment, not exactly sure how to react. As a matter of fact, she had no idea how to react. Naru wasn't that much of a hug person, not used to giving them or receiving them in the slightest. Eventually, though, she returned the hug, if somewhat awkwardly, and wrapped her arms around the slightly larger Toa. No, her Kanohi did not just get slightly warm, that was just her elemental power.

Maybe.

Naru realised that she probably needed it. Even if it didn't take the weight off her shoulders, it made it easier to bear. She wasn't alone in this. "A few more Toa like you," she said eventually, smiling slightly, "and we wouldn't have the problem we do now."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: By the way, I'm not intentionally trying to make them an item, this is just Kehuri being Kehuri!

Now it was his turn to not know how to react. His chest tightened as his heart continued to speed up. He let go of Naru, unable to look into her eyes. And even if he had, he was sure they would be too full of tears to see her anyways. Nothing flowed, but they stung, and his vision watered. "Thanks," he said softly. He'd had others compliment him on his generosity when he was a miner, but never had anyone told him something so powerful. Furthermore, he couldn't remember anybody ever speaking to him with such a tone. It filled him to the brim with... something he couldn't put his finger on. It was like confidence, but softer and warmer.

He wished he could think of something to say, other than his thanks. But he was at a total loss for words, other than his jokes. And right now, he didn't want to change the atmosphere.

The orange of sunset transformed the forest around them into a hall of golden lights, every drop of moisture reflecting the light of the setting sun. It didn't help that it was the same color as Naru's armor. Drops of liquid light fell from the leaves above, dancing as they struck the ground, like Naru's Plasma.

Oh to Karzahni with it. He just let his mouth do the talking for him. "Mata Nui could use some more like you as well." That was great. Now he felt stupid. What exactly was he complementing her for anyways? Her kindness? Well, that was a start. "I never met someone as willing to help as you... Oh, Karzahni, I'm bad with words!" Welp, there went his demeanor, replaced by frustration. But he reverted back almost instantly, "Just... thanks a lot, Naru. That means more to me than anything anyone else has ever told me." That was likely his fault. What he got for being lazy. But he didn't mind. The less you have of something, the more you learn to appreciate it.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

As soon as Ronkshou had made his move, Kohra had dropped on all fours and stayed low while activating her own power. It didn't stop all the debris from hitting her, but enough so that she wasn't hurt. Quickly, she jumped back to her feet as sombody huge emerged from the trees. Kohra looked at the man in front of them, the stone-wielder who's bright idea it had been to entrap two servants of Makuta in a circle of rock. She remained calm, but alert as she studied him. He was tall. Very tall for his kind. Golden amor protectively wrapped around his large frame and a Kanohi Sanok adorned his face, though the Vortixx did remind herself it was possible his mask could have a different power. Toa often had masks of one power shaped to look like an other these days, mostly for cosmetic purposes.

As the man and Ronkshou started talking, Kohra continued to study the Toa. No, not really a Toa even. “Ronkshou, or as I call it, my ticket to glory and riches; or have you not paid attention to how much you and your allies are worth?”

Kohra's eyes narrowed slightly. So they were dealing with a mercenary, or bounty hunter. And one apparently so convinced of himself that he'd decided taking on Ronkshou and her by himself was a good idea. Despite her disdain for his kind though, she made sure not to underestimate the Toa. They were a pathetic kind, but there were always exceptions. Suddenly, his eyes darted to her, then turned back to Ronkshou.

“Who is she?”

“That means nothing to you,” Ronkshou growled. “Just know that there is nothing to protect here any longer, except for possibly yourself. You run along, we let this whole thing go”

The Toa chuckled. He seemed slightly amused in fact and Kohra wondered how his smirk would look with no teeth (Or face, for that matter.) left to wear it. She could feel a sting of anger in her stomach. This was a delay, they were on a mission and this Toa stood in their way now. And it looked like he was not going to get out of it on his own.

“I came all this way from Po-Wahi, why would I turn back now?” he asked, still amused but considerably more coldness to his tone than before. It didn't frighten her, but she made a small revision to her mental notes. He did mean business, obviously and the overconfident tone might merely have been a result of experience. Apparently, their lack of talking was a source of frustration for him, though and after a small frown he announced:

“I am Gen. Wokodin, the most powerful warrior on Mata Nui.”

Is this Toa for real? Kohra thought to herself, making another revision of her mental notes, making overconfidence his primary attribute again. However, he had managed to plant enough doubt in her that she was not a hundred percent sure, wether he could back up his talking or not. From what he said alone, he sounded like an enormous fool, but something about his body-language told a different story. And he had managed to follow them unnoticed, which was no mean feat. In any case, he was an obstacle to be removed. The sooner the better, so they could get back to their appointed task.

Between Ronkshou and her, the dark Toa was the more physical of the duo. If he could get this Wokodin's attention, she could probably flank him. But considering his mask, she would have to give Ronkshou an opportunity first, a distraction so he could make a move, then she would use that in turn. She reached out mentally, to her dark passenger and the image of her suggested strategy popped up in Ronkshou's mind as the master relayed it to him.

Kohra spoke up then. "If you were the warrior you claim to be you would have gotten the attention of those infinitely your great long ago." She smiled, sadistic and cold. "But they have ignored you."

"You are not the most powerful warrior. Not even close...and you should pray you will never cross his path."

IC (Korero)

Korero laughed light-heartedly.

"Of course not!" he chuckled. "But somehow, I think it's exactly what I needed."

He kept his smile as he turned back to drawing. Soon the picture was finished, complete with cross-hatched shading and a small caption: The Obelisk, Suva of the Toa Maru.

Closing the notebook, he returned it to his satchel and looked around. Leah was speaking softly with Oreius, and Stannis and Sulov looked to be having a deep and emotional moment. Korero wanted to get to know his new brothers better, but he knew the old saying that 'three's a crowd', so he turned to the only remaining Toa Maru: Reordin.

Tapping the Toa of Ice on the shoulder, he shot him a cheerful smile.

"Hey," he said. "We're brothers now, and we've barely even spoken! Unless..."

A frown crossed Korero's brow as he dug back into that sense of deja vu.

"Wait...I thought I recognised you...you were in the Guard, right?"

IC:

"Was," Reordin said as he practiced with his ice axes. "Emphasis on past tense."

The new Toa of Ice was getting used to his body and his new weapons, practicing a series of chain attacks that placed emphasis on agility and fluidity in emotion without sacrificing the force of the attack once it landed; Korero watched as his new weapons danced and twirled and a streak of purest white, inlaid with black and grey vibes, moved around carefully with a grace like snow, gliding peacefully through the dance hall of the sky.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: No problem-o.

Naru smiled goodnaturedly once again. "No problem... Kehuri," she replied, "And thanks, I probably needed that."

Maybe it wasn't really as bad as it seemed, after all, she could chalk up two more Toa who cared. And that was a start. After a moment, her smile turned into a smirk, and she glanced back to the Toa of Earth. "Well, I for one certainly hope there isn't anymore Toa like me because..." Naru shuddered slightly. Before Kehuri had a chance to reply, she started off towards the Koro of Air once again. Ha, maybe she had a thing for socially awkward guys. Well, it was kinda c-

Hey wait.

Stopping there.

Slow down.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Oreius)

Slowly, Oreius' heartbeat and breathing rate returned to normal, although his level of exhaustion refused to change. Unlike his experience as a Matoran in Onewa's hut, this activation had lasted for several minutes, and he had expended considerably more energy. With a thought, Inu confirmed this as the source of their fatigue.

How long until I'm back to normal? I'm useless like this.

It depends on the length of the activation and the exertion that takes place within that time. I cannot do more than guess; I have never bonded with a Toa before.

Their thoughts were interrupted by a gentle touch on Oreius' shoulder, and a soft voice. "I did not expect that Inu would remain joined with you as Toa...two transformations within minutes of each other has to be exhausting. Are you alright?"

Oreius nodded, and pushed himself to a kneeling position instead of on all fours. “I- I'm fine. Don't worry about me.”

He looked at the Toa of Water next to him; aside from Korero, Leah had undergone an even bigger change than any of them: having formerly been a Le-Matoran, she was now a Ga-Toa, her primarily green colour scheme replaced by blue.

“I'm fine,” he repeated. “Just got tired. I'm better now.”

As if to prove his point, he pushed himself to his feet, and began looking around for his swords, which he had inadvertently dropped or flung away shortly Inu had activated. There- one was lying by itself on the ground, and the other was pinned beneath the Rahkshi's staff. Despite his weariness, the Toa of Fire forced himself to walk over, pick both of them up, and wipe them off before sheathing them at his sides, reminding himself that a soldier never rests before his weapons have been recovered, cleaned, and repaired if necessary.

The Toa of Earth stared after Naru, surprised by her sudden show of insecurity. His chest tightened as he realized something.

He had a thing for girls with insecurities.

He didn't want to get ahead of himself, though. Sure, Naru was the only female of his species he'd ever had this much interaction with, and sure she was turning out to be his type after all, but they had known each other for such a short time. Only three days, really. He was sure there were other fish in the sea. Not that he didn't want to... like Naru... but he couldn't allow himself to get too attached too early. He never knew if there might be a girl more his type than her. And he had no idea if she actually reciprocated any feelings, either! Yes, she had just said the sweetest thing anybody had ever said to him in his life, but an older sister could have said that just as easily as a lover.

Actually thinking the word made the organic parts of his face go tomato red. He refused to give in to his foolish thoughts, though. He needed more time before deciding on something like this!

As if on cue, a thought suddenly distracted him. He realized all of a sudden that the soft and warm feeling he'd had before wasn't just one feeling, but several. And he'd figured out what one of them was. He felt like a protagonist. A lead character. He knew the thought was absurd, though. As ambitious as he was becoming, there was no way such an ordinary Toa could be the most important. Someone like Joske had to have that role. His transformation had been the buzz of the island. Meanwhile, Kehuri's transformation went unnoticed by every person on Mata Nui, save for Aar and Whenua. And both of them only realized it because he sought them out specifically.

Yet still, the feeling gave him strength. Maybe he wasn't the main character of the island's story, but he was the main character in his own. Maybe unraveling the secrets to the Toa Code was its own journey. His journey. Turning into a Toa was his Call for Adventure, and even if he'd resisted the Call at first, Destiny had found a way to make him accept it. Maybe the feeling was baseless, but Kehuri was going to make the most of it. Maybe the island didn't need more of him. What if all it needed was one? He smiled at the thought, and started following Naru.

"You'll come to appreciate yourself more some day," said Kehuri warmly. "But for now, just know that if there's anything weighing heavily on your mind, let me know. I can't be a Toa of Earth if I can't support others." He glanced over at Plagia, whom he hadn't paid any attention to the whole time, "That goes for you too, by the way."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Merror) "There's a lot to tell," said Merror grimly, "and none of it pleasant. We shouldn't speak of such things here, not in the open." The Toa of Fire turned and rapped three times on the door of Kongu's headquarters. "Right now, Gukko HQ is the safest place in the Koro," he said. "Plus, Skyra's there, and no doubt Kongu too will want to hear what I have to say." IC (Korero) "Touchy subject?" Korero asked. "Or have you just inherited the typical 'Toa of Ice Standoffishness'?" The Toa of Air clapped a hand over his mouth, shocked at the snark he'd just made. "S-sorry..." he stammered. "I...I didn't mean to..." Korero was in consternation. Why had he said that? The mild-mannered Matoran he used to be would never have said such a thing; his shyness and concern for others' feelings would never have allowed it. Was it just the sudden giddiness of becoming a Toa? Or was it, as he'd feared, his predecessor's personality beginning to affect him? "Um..." The Toa of Air looked at Reordin with pleading eyes. "Forgive me...I...I don't know why I said that," he said, his earnestness resurfacing. "I meant to say, do you mind talking about it? I don't want to make you uncomfortable..." Korero turned his gaze to the ground. "...but maybe it's a little late for that..."

Edited by Illusive Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Zealokan'I've been meaning to see Skyra. I mean, it must be hard for him... her...' he let out an annoyed moan. 'That's going to be hard to get used to. Can't say I've met Kongu, either.' His eyes glazed over, and he drifted into another daydream. This time he thought about soaring through the skies with the Gukko in his Glider. It brought a faint smile to his face. It would've been comforting to see that people still had things to smile about in these dark days.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: (?)

Something flitted through the trees branches too quickly for the untrained eye to follow, like a brakas monkey swinging from tree to tree. It moved from tree to tree with very little effort, clearly no stranger to the massive forest that was Le-Wahi, it was dark, mainly due to the canopy obscuring the ground below, occasionally sunlight poked through in spots, but not anywhere this "thing" seemed to be heading. There was the sound of a Muaka roaring in the distance, the citrine eyes of this slender creature looked in the direction of its roar and shook its head, the great beast would not be a threat. The being slid down the tree trunk and in the direction of the ruins of what was once Pala Koro, moving between houses it darted towards the lake and looked into the water, its reflection staring back.

An animalistic Toa with metallic golden armor and midnight blue skin started back, her feet and arms of the cerulean shade. Her eyes were like those of Muaka, and were the shade of goldenrod. A mace was at her hip, where as two hunting blades were strapped to her back. She kneeled down. Scooping up water to drink, she only spent a few seconds before filling up a canteen with water. She would have to boil the water or risk bacteria. It was time to get moving again, she needed to hunt for dinner tonight, and that also meant contending with the Ash Bears and the Muaka. Remembering that her armor was not of much help during the hunt the Toa remembered to gather up some of the muddy ground further in the village, rubbing it over her and her armor. She smelled of the Earth, of nature, something her civilized counterparts would have trouble understanding. Obscuring her small and making it harder for the Toa to be spotted she continued on. She of course could have created water on the spot at anytime, but that required her strength and willpower, something she couldn't waste on something so trivial when compared to the hunt.

OOC: Open for interaction.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

"Thanks for the offer, Kehuri," my mouth replied in a numb, detached way, as my mind was trapped in a maelstrom of confusion and thought.

As much as I would hate to admit it, the Toa of Earth's question had provoked a worrying train of thinking in me. He had spoken of the Code as if it were possible to adhere to it while still getting the job done - not that I disagreed, but his ideas reminded me too much of another Toa I knew.

"If we don't keep to the Code, then what right do we have to be called Toa? It's a title to be earned, isn't it? We're supposed to be defenders of peace and justice, not mercenaries and muscles for hire."

"Yeah, sure Rynekk. Whatever you say..."

Ry had been a huge believer in the Code back home; always trying to beat the baddies with as little injury as possible, giving due reproach, doing his best to appear as the flawless hero archetype everyone expected a Toa to be. Then, as soon as circumstances changed, and our traditional tactics did squat...

Yeah, that worked well, didn't it?

Looking back on it, I realized how much my brother had been holding back before; all that showboating and monologuing - had that been to keep from harming his opponents? I'd always assumed it had just been Rynekk being arrogant, and part of it most likely had been.

Did that sort of change always transform people so drastically? Or was my brother a special case? Was everyone who adhered to the Code doomed to his failure?

Casting a look over at Kehuri, I silently prayed that he would spared Rynekk's fate. He was a nice guy, and I'm not sure if I could bear to watch his idealism and morality snuffed out like that. A tight ball of anxiety formed in my stomach as memories of my brothers psychotic rampage found their way back into my mind.

Quickly, with deft precision that had come from months of psychological Karzahni, I reached into my bag, grabbing an opened bottle of whisky. Hastily removing the stopper, I took a gulp, and was relieved to find the image of Rynekk fade slightly.

Taking a series of swallows, the memory slowly slipped back into nothingness, and I drank my way back to reality.

"Speaking of which," I said, "Anyone know how much longer 'til we get to Le-Koro?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: (? -Wilderness of Le-Wahi)

The Huntress was back in the trees again. She spent as little time in the underbrush and swamps as possible. Half the reasons she often set up camps on the ground, but actually slept in the trees above. The Huntress knew how dangerous the forest floor really was, especially when it came to the swamps. On the rare occasion she would stop and look around her, taking in the true natural and yet dangerous beauty of Le-Wahi. The lush greens, the vibrants and varying colors, the extremely active wildlife, the jungle was a breath-taking sight when you stopped to look around.

However such sights could easily get you killed, so it was not often that she did so. Still nothing, well it was time to find better hunting grounds. She sighed and continued her trek through the trees.

Kehuri hoped that she was only drinking water, or Bula juice or something like that. He didn't like the idea of a friend needing to rely on alcohol to suppress their troubles. He didn't react to it, though.

He examined the area they were in, looking for a landmark he might recognize. The gold-orange tint of the sunset made it difficult, though. After visually sweeping the area, he recognized an oddly shaped tree that he had seen before. "Oh, we're not far off. I recognize that tree there, from when Naru and I helped escort Matau back." To his awaiting death. The thought sent a chill of disgust down his spine. Others may have predictably blamed themselves for the death of the Turaga for having led him home. Kehuri didn't, however. Regardless of his participation, it would have happened all the same. He hadn't led Matau to his death. The assassin and the one who hired him (assuming they weren't one and the same) were the ones to blame. And he was determined nothing of the sort would happen again.

First Onua, now Whenua... No, he couldn't think in terms of Onu-Koro anymore. A Toa's Duty is to all Matoran, regardless of village. First the Toa, then the Chronicler's company, then the Turaga. Who was next? The Turaga's right-hands? Almost definitely. Unless the Toa had something to say about it first.

He picked up the pace towards Le-Koro once again, a determined glare on his mask again. They were going to pay. He didn't know who 'they' were, but by all that he held dear, Kehuri swore that they would pay.

IC: Trizvan

The wild Toa raised his head, a Bula Berry held in his hands. Someone was tresspassing. Or were they? This person moved as if one with nature. Not unlike he did. Leaping from his perch, he glided through the trees, aided by his Huna-shaped Faxon, searching for this intruder, or friend.

OOC: That would be this mysterious nameless huntress.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: She does have a name, I'd just rather reveal when someone asks for it.

IC: (The Huntress)

Something was following her. When you were in the wilds long enough your mind adapted this six sense. With the Nui-Rama effectively wiped out, it was most likely a curious brakas following her, but that in itself would be frustrating, especially if she was trying to hunt, not here, but in another section of the woods. This was just a shortcut for her. However as her pace quickened so did her pursuers. She could hide, but given that she couldn't really break out of this creature's line of sight it would be rather hard. She could activate her Kakama but she was curious. So instead she spun around gracefully on her tree branch and hoped back a couple of trees. Her voice calling out.

"Who follows?" Her voice sounded smooth, calming bewitching in its own way. Much like the forest she grew up in. The Huntress could be dangerous like the forest if it suited her, right now though it was softer than normal. It was also clear that this Toa didn't speak much as she stumbled at first before forming her words.

The wild Toa glided onto a thick branch within the other Toa's line of sight, alighting upon with with grace trained and hardened from his years in the wild. His stance was relaxed, but wary, like a Muaka watching for danger. Ever silent, he stared at the Toa, sizing her up in the day's waning light.

BZPRPG Profiles

As the Toa sized her up he would noticed that she had dirtied her armor and her skin, spots of blue and gold could be seen where she had not managed to cover with the mud. It was much like the behavior the predatory rahi often did to throw off their scent. While in her mind The Huntress was tempted to pull her mace from her belt for defense but her gut cautioned against it. She always trusted her gut, it had saved her more than once. The mud-covered Toa crossed her arms as she stood and looked over the Toa, he had medium and lime green skin with brown limbs. His kanohi was also of that medium green shade, same as his skin color. She might not have noticed him if he wasn't standing so brazenly out in the open. His boy was supple, graceful, and muscled, similar to the same build she had. His armor seemed to be made out of bark. That would have brought The Huntress's thought to the skinning and tanning of a Muaka hide. In order to make leather armor, rather than the light golden, metal armor she currently wore. He had still not answered so she spoke again.

"Why do you follow?" She wasn't used to speaking this much, out her in the wilds she rarely needed to speak. The only reason she could still speak matoran was the occasional trip to the village above, Le-Koro. Though she hadn't need to travel there in a long time.

Unable to answer verbally, the wild Toa simply held out his hands in a wide gesture at the forest around him, then brought them to his heart. He was trying to say that the forest was his home. He hesitated then, trying to figure out how to convey curiosity. His best option was to simply tilt his head questioningly. Despite his inquiring gesture, his face betrayed absolutely no emotion, as motionless as the bark of the tree he stood on. He hadn't had to communicate like this in a long time, save for with the Toa of Plantlife that he'd tried to keep from entering the forest the day before. He'd been close enough to speak through breath to that Toa, however.

BZPRPG Profiles

Hmm, so he can't speak. Well the way he swept his arms around him and then motioned back to his heart he must hold it dear to his heart. So that means he lives in the forest like me. Maybe he lives in this section. Then the other Toa tilted his head to the side, the way something did when they were confused or interested. Perhaps he wanted to simply see what was moving through his lands.

"So...you live here? It's your home, this section of the Wahi?" She asked, remembering that he was curious she finally decided to speak her name. "My name is Mehlnai, I was traveling through these lands tracking the rahi, I'm hunting a Muaka. I apologize, I can leave quickly if you wish me to." She jumped a few branches closer to him to see the other Toa in a better light, her citrine eyes looking at him. She was mostly at ease, but it would take less than a second to brandish her mace had he turned to be hostile. "Who are you, fellow Toa?"

The wild Toa processed her words slowly. Fortunately, she seemed to be having as much trouble speaking at as he did understanding. He nodded at her first question, silently mouthed her name when she told him, and silently listened to her explanation. When she apologized for trespassing, he waved the apology away. He didn't resent her presence. In fact, he welcomed one who was so in tune with nature.

When she approached, he shifted his balance and stood up straight on the branch. Reaching out with his powers, small vines snaked along the mossy bark beneath his feet, swirling to spell out his name: Trizvan. She'd have to be right next to him for him to be able to speak directly. Considering for a moment, he called more vines to spell out another word: Welcome. It was easier this way than to sign it.

He felt a slight stir of excitement at meeting this newcomer. He'd met others who knew how to simply survive in the jungle, but they fought nature rather than embrace it, tearing down branches to make shelter... and fire. This one was different, however. He wouldn't mind having her for a neighbor.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: (Mehlnai)

"Hello Trizvan." She replied, still struggling. That was her tradeoff just as much as it was Trizvan's, that difficulty with speaking. As hunters, as wild Toa speaking wasn't even a luxury, most times it wasn't even necessary. With all that out of the way, the mind became in tune with nature, it trained you. She noticed he used the vines to form another word. "Welcome." The Toa of Water smiled in response, a rare occasion, usually she only smiled when she had a great bounty. A kindred spirit though, these days it was such a rarity, as most of society clumped around the villages. The branch Trizvan was standing on looked strong enough for two and since they were much more friendly to each other than they were earlier she leapt a few more branches until she had landed gracefully on the same branch as him with ease.

"Would you like to join me on the hunt?" It was Mehlnai's own invitation of sorts. This invitation was one given only out of respect. Given how difficult words were for the two Toa, a hunt together would speak more than words ever could for the two jungle Toa.

The Toa of Plantlife considered the offer. He hunted rarely, opting instead for fruit, as far as food went. But he understood the implications of the offer, and accepted with a curt nod and the ghost of a smile.

Muaka rarely lived in jungles by choice, it was their infected masks that caused them to run amok. And when they did, they had little respect for their environment. The hunt would be an excellent experience, but taking out an infected Rahi would be a good bonus.

OOC: You don't have to go out of your way to make it easy for him to talk. He'll talk when he's good and ready. :P

BZPRPG Profiles

Having a partner to help corner the big cat would be much easier. Killing an rahi wasn't something the hunter took lightly, she only took as much as she needed from the jungle, no more than that. Then she could tan and use the hide as her own armor instead of this golden armor that while protective had been nothing but a threat to the huntress as she lived in the forest. The Toa of Water motioned for her new ally to follow.

The most common place to find Muaka was Le-Wahi, but given how quick and clever the tiger was, the hunt would take some work. She continued jumping from tree branch to tree branch before she made her way down the limbs of the current tree she was on, making her way down to the forest floor. She kneeled down and noticed footprints on the ground, large, very similar to the paw-prints of the Muaka, it was deep, so the Muaka was heavier, stronger, and give the markings she felt against the tree, deep claw marks, it had tore its way through the forest like only an infected rahi could. She turned to see if her ally had made it down the tree.

IC:

Leah watched, concern in her expression, as she saw Oreius push himself back up and retrieve his weapons. She wasn't entirely sure if he really was just tired or if the Parakuka was taking more out of him than he wanted to admit. Whatever that strange part of the Ta-Matoran's transformation meant, she decided it was better to leave the issue alone for the moment. Despite his and Stannis' dreams and visions, she didn't believe his path was set in stone and she trusted him implicitly. And so she said nothing. Looking to the others, she found Korero and a suprisingly quiet Reordin getting to know each other, only for him to put his foot in his mouth, which Reordin answered with stoic silence.

"Take it easy, boys...we've just been through quite the ordeal." Leah said, walking back toward them, a soothing tone to her voice. She pointed at the dead Rahkshi scattered around them. "If you had told me this would be the first thing on our to-do list yesterday I wouldn't have believed it. This new power...might take some getting used to." She chuckled softly, though not as loudly as she usually did and looked at Korero. It was odd seeing the former Matoran clad in green armour. "And perhaps we need to learn about more than just our elements..."

"Do any of you know how these -" she pointed at the streamlined Kanohi on her face "-get activated, exactly?"

He had, and was already examining the evidence she had found of the Muaka from a couple of feet away. He nodded when she looked over. It didn't take a tracker to know what had been through here. Waving his hand, he restored some of the plants that the infected Rahi had trampled before focusing on her again, ready to start running, climbing, or whatever method she planned on using to catch up.

BZPRPG Profiles

Mehlnai had decided it was a much better choice to continue their search on the ground, even though the danger would triple. She motioned for Trizvan to follow, the path the Muaka had taken would lead them west. Closer to the Magnai Volcano. Mehlnai ran, not as a normal being would, their feet pounding the ground. No, the Toa of Water ran placing more weight on the front of her feet. As a result her run as she continued to follow the trail, bit by bit the tracks seemed to be getting fresher than the last. Soon the two Toa would be upon their prey. A prey that the two of them knew they couldn't take lightly. As Mehlnai heard the sounds of footsteps her pace slowed considerably and she leaned into more a crouch as she walked up and leaned next to the tree, looking into the clearing.

There it stood in all its glory, of all the beasts that frequented these lands the Muaka had to be the most dangerous. It was a beast of pure muscle and fury. It was large, and about as long as the two were tall. It stalked around the clearing, clearingly struggling to fight whatever was controlling it. A rather sad thing to watch, to see such natural beauty corrupted by the evil tendrils of the Makuta. Now it was force of unbridled destruction, it would attack anything it came across, but Muaka were never known for being peaceful, even without infected masks. She didn't speak, she did not breath, instead she slowly pulled her mace from its holster and motioned for Trizvan to get in position in trees above. The next few minutes would test all her strengths and reflexes, even as a Toa.

I noticed Kehuri's gaze pass over the bottle in my hand, and I could already guess what he was thinking. Not that I particularly cared what his opinions on this particular subject were - when he was stuck on a freaky island with no way to get home and a seriously messed-up brother, then I might listen.

Anyway, where was I?

Right, walking in the jungle. How could I forget?

Apparently luck was on our side, because only a few minutes after Kehuri made his announcement, all four of us could spot the massive village-tree, standing like a monument to it and its occupants hardiness. A wide lake surrounded its trunk, with only a few bridges allowing access to the elevators and ladders needed to reach the Koro itself. It was an impressive and inspiring sight, even for someone as jaded as myself.

Taking one final drink, I allowed myself a clumsy grin and raised one eyebrow, "I know I've been here before, but I'm still impressed by this village every time I see this village."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]