Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Thliveros

Crying out in pain, the Anzaros slowly dragged himself off of the ground. The decapitated body of Nuju a short distance away from him, Thliveros could not bear to look, yet he could not turn away. "What is the meaning of this?" he thought. "Just, why?" A shot distance away from him, the arm that was once his left auxiliary arm lay on the ground, still and dead. He quickly jerked his head away. Putting a hand to his shoulder stump, he froze it over, hoping that it would stop the bleeding. "Why did I fail?"

Edited by Constructman

IC:Kai ~Ko-Koro Prison~

Look, he was dying, and I was a wanted criminal, there was no way to allow him to live, and he claimed to know nothing more than the information I have already told you, so get off your high horse, I'm not an idiot. Also, he could barely speak by the time I got to him, so it's a moot point.

Of course you won't tell me to kill any allies. Especially if they're also unknowingly telling their best friend(and by best friend I mean our enemies posing as their best friend[or they actually could be our ally's friend, we don't know.])everything about how I'm still alive, how we're on to them, and exactly where we're heading next.

So you don't think anybody will notice that it's a Toa's burnt body instead of a Vortixx's? I knew the average Ko-Koro-ian(? Is that how I spell it?) was thick headed, but this takes it to new levels.

IC: (Alrin - Ko-Koro Prison, Arguing with a Vortixx)

I don't have time for you to fling insults. So fine we have barely any information to go on, I understand.

Right, I understand you have extreme paranoia but if you want to get anything accomplished you will have to trust people, if only a little, that way you don't put much at risk.

Listen here, I don't have spare bodies of Vortixx lying around. Secondly you underestimate how hot a furnace can get, which is strange considering you're a Vortixx. By the time they get to the body it will be ash, there will be nothing left for them to distinguish that it was a Toa or Vortixx beyond the tag on the table. Or you could escape, nice and loud or even quietly but the truth is stuff like that alerts people, especially when a mass murderer like you is loose. People are put at ease believing you're dead. They believe you aren't a threat anymore, no one is looking for you. Everyone is convinced you are gone, never to return. So can the banter till after I get you out of here.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC

"Niici."

The Toa introduced herself as she rose rather dignified from her small, circular table as I crossed the threshold from stairs to balcony. I watched as she stepped out from under the cool-hued umbrella, now able to get a full and clear look at my mystery date. She wore a rather slick get-up underneath her expensive coat, one that shouted "business" but was still on the very cutting edge of fashion. As I worked up her body her I could not help but notice that her face was more than just clean - it was radiant, softly reflecting the bright sun's rays. To top things off her mask was immaculately polished and her blue hands manicured to perfection.

Clearly she was rich, had connections (as well as a remarkably good taste in clothing), and was single. Possibly the best (or worst, depending on the situation) combination for a young woman. Her head moved to the side every so slightly as she sized me up and gave me a warm and debonaire smile, obviously excited to see me.

It was at this very moment that I had a conflict in interest.

I knew what I wanted to do. That is, I knew what the old Joske would do in a situation like this. I would match her demeanor and spunk with my own, pouring on the charm as the meeting passed, pressing my advantage as the "honored" guest. I would toy with her, hit on her, play the charming and confident sports star who owned the place, whether her did or not, and get what I wanted and leave. Standard operating procedure. That was... that was me. Or it was me. But I wasn't that me anymore; I ripped it out with my own bare hands. Or should I say a part of me didn't WANT to do that anymore, in fear of slipping back into old habits, perhaps even undoing the work of the previous few days. But that's all I knew... and I was good at it. Very good. Not to mention that's what people expected of me. A famous sports jock and part playboy with my fame. I mean, that's what they all knew me as.

Wasn't it?

What was I to do? I couldn't go back to the old me, but if I didn't I would look like a fool. It was hard enough dealing and interacting with people that knew and cared about me, but a total stranger? I'd botch it up faster than I could say "Oops". I just couldn't play the part anymore.

Or could I?

To me time had come to stop and my mind debated all this, trying to sort out my new identity, along with this new train of thought. It was possible to be charismatic and charming without being a total, well... yeah. It was possible, wasn't it? Hadn't I learned that it wasn't necessarily the attitude, but the motive behind it? People can be nice with malicious intent... wasn't the other way around possible? Could I still be me but retain a sense of moderation? Could I do it?

Better yet, was I at peace with my old self?

Had I not been in this situation I would have smacked myself. Peace. Of course. This was the Village of Peace. Perhaps she was another test? Like that Le-Matoran? Could I come to terms with my old self, yet retain this new identity? Could I be at peace with myself? There was only one way to find out.

Without an outside sign I slid the old glove back on; only this time I knew it was a glove, not me."It looks like you have had quite an adventure," Niici said, time snapping back to normal. She giggled as she extended her hand, and with that her facade of aloof professionalism evaporated; she may be wealthy and connected, probably extremely smart too, but a fangirl all the same. I took her extended hand in turn, lifting it to my lips and kissing it in a very gentlemanly fashion, flashing my trademark roguish smile that I hadn't used in a while. She was clearly impressed and intrigued, but tried not to show it. "Please, have a seat."As we both took our seat, and sharply dressed waiter walked by. Niici obviously knew this Ko-Matoran and showed it by quickly ordering her apparent usual."One coffee please, usual color," she said. Both turned to face me."What would you like sir?" asked the surly waiter. I leaned back in my chair, resting an arm on the back as I waved a single under the table, a positive yet detached air about me. I made a hand motion.

"A mixed drink; one part raspberry liquor, three parts lemonade. On the rocks, and in a highball glass if you have one." He gave me a look before bowing and disappearing inside, Niici giving me a sly look.

"Blue Bombsicle? Isn't it a bit early for drinks?"

"Not really, not after the harrowing trip I just had." I replied, a good-natured smile on my lips, my posture and attitude surprisingly relaxed. "So to answer your question, yes, the walk here WAS quite the adventure; a Ta-Toa wandering these parts is like a fish taking a stroll on the beach, and just as unusual. So, Niici, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Niici – Ice Pick Café – Ko-Koro

A sly grin crept across the Toa of Ice’s face. Joske appeared to still be the party man even after his transformation.

She fought and successfully beat the urge to swoon.

“Blue Bombsicle? Isn't it a bit early for drinks?” Niici teased.

“Not really, not after the harrowing trip I just had.” Joske replied, “So to answer your question, yes, the walk here WAS quite the adventure; a Ta-Toa wandering these parts is like a fish taking a stroll on the beach, and just as unusual. So, Niici, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company?”

Niici straightened up as she processed an answer. She had no idea what to expect when it came to this newly transformed Kolhii star, but now that she had a handle on him, she had to bring her A-game as well. Her expression turned coy.

“I just wanted to provide warm welcome,” Niici answered, “And maybe make a solid acquaintance”

Then waiter then returned with the drinks, setting Niici’s coffee (resting on a small pearly saucer) on the table first, and then setting down Joske’s Blue Bombsicle. Steam billowed up from Niici’s cup, but she still wrapped her index finger and thumb around the tiny handle, holding up the other side of the cup with her left hand. In an instant, the steam had died down, Niici’s elemental power quietly at work. Niici comfortably took a sip of her coffee and continued her spiel.

“Well, I know what you’re known for, so I guess I should talk about myself,” Niici said, her coy grin being replaced with a warm smile, “I’m the Chief of Operations – basically the director – of a club called the Cultured Gentry. We were originally just based in Ko-Koro, but I’ve been trying to expand and gain publicity. Did you know I coordinated an entire concert in Le-Koro? It actually took place just a few days ago”

She continued to ramble on about how she led the design committee for the charity ball that took place in Ko-Koro several weeks prior, established relations with the Onu-Koro and Le-Koro governments, and learned the ropes of the entire organization in only a few weeks – having taken over duties from another Toa who resigned. She didn't necessarily mean to ramble, but she wanted to lay all of her achievements on the table, in hopes that she could get genuine approvals from actual, down-to-earth people whose noses weren't always in the air. She hoped that with each achievement, Joske's opinion of her rose higher.

Finally, she went back to talking about Joske again, and took another sip of coffee.

“I really have been a fan of Ta-Koro’s team and you especially for some time now. I realize that this may seem odd to be such a fan of your skills, but let’s face it; every time you faced off against Matoro and Kopeke, you didn’t just mop the floor with them, you wiped the counters and scrubbed the dishes with them,” Niici said, “It hurt at first, but then I realized that your victories were obtained because of superior virtues”

Niici took another sip of coffee while she gathered more of her thoughts. She wasn’t sure if Joske knew about the principle of Peace that was closely followed here. Instead of working themselves up, embracing that competitive spirit, and being prepared to get rough on the field, Ko-Matoran players would often reflect inward, believing that Peace helped grant victory.

As such, Ko-Koro currently had the worst record in the Kolhii league.

“Ko-Matoran are very much anti-Anger,” Niici continued, “While they do seem distant and even terse at times, they rarely have that fire in them that Ta-Matoran are known for. I mean, when was the last time you’ve played a tough Kolhii game and not gotten angry?”

Niici gave a moment for Joske to think about that one, but she quickly continued, taking another sip of coffee.

“I guess my point is, it is sometimes difficult to ascertain whether Peace is actually a virtue to be followed, or in fact, a goal to be attained” Niici hoped that she wasn’t being too philosophical for the Toa. Out of that fear, she decided to actually ask why Joske was in Ko-Koro in the first place.

“But anyway, enough of that. What brings you to Ko-Koro?”

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC

So I sat there an listened quietly.

Well, I didn't just sit, and I guess I didn't only listen... aaaaand if I was honest I wasn't completely quiet. As Niici did most of the talking, I did what any respectable bachelor would do in this situation; I replied at the right times, nodding with approval when appropriate, even laughing when such a reaction was warranted. As I listened though, I found it wasn't exactly an act; she was talking about herself and her achievements, and I was engaging with her. It was actually rather fun just to sit and listen to someone else talk about their life, to speak of frivolous things and not about the end of the world as we knew it.

And yet it was the frivolousness of the conversation that got me thinking.

She was incredibly smart, attractive, and as I suspected, had a drive like no other. Yet as she ranted on, I found myself feeling... pity. Here she was, trying to gain my approval, expounding on her achievements as an individual and as a very successful leader in a well-known gentry club. For some reason she wanted - almost needed - me to congratulate her on what she had done, the plans she was making. To her it was all about the image, the publicity, the importance of of how others saw her. What shocked me the most was not the conversation in general, but how much that was me not to long ago. It was all about the win, the game, how many trophies I could amass, how many Copper Masks I could collect, how many girls I could have hanging on my every word... all so very worldly and, well, selfish almost. Granted, she didn't nearly the attitude I did, but the frivolousness of it all was practically the same.

Just like this drink. I was amazed at just how well mixed it was, how smooth and slick it went down. But after a while the taste would get old and boring, and then you would be out. So you'd order another in hopes of getting that same sensation, but it wouldn't be quite the same. All this stuff but no personal relationship with friends, people who would stick with you no matter what. Ideas that no matter the storm would always be with you. These achievements, these things... frivolous in the greater scheme of things.

Perhaps that is what peace was about? Being content and thankful for what you had, knowing you were rich beyond compare?

It was here that she started talking about Kohlii, and then gave me the poser. I had maybe a moment to think on it before she charged ahead, and I had to smile at her audacity. That's when the topic of peace came up, and I became a tad quieter. Subconsciously during this time I had been playing with a pair of charms in my pocket, and when I leaned back to relax a bit my hand came up, and I realized I was still holding them.

“I guess my point is, it is sometimes difficult to ascertain whether Peace is actually a virtue to be followed, or in fact, a goal to be attained." She seemed hesitant for a moment, then abruptly switched topics.

“But anyway, enough of that. What brings you to Ko-Koro?”

I chuckled. "So many questions! Are you sure you're not an undercover reporter?"

We shared a laugh, and that seemed to put her back at ease. I took another sip of my drink, setting the glass down on the table with one hand, my charms in the other at eye level. I stared at them in thought, rubbing them back and forth between my thumb and index finger.

"Yes, you're right; I don't remember a Kohlii game where I didn't get angry at a player, or more likely and official, usually ending up in a shouting match. Somehow I won several of them." I smiled, but not exactly fondly, at the memories. "But to say whether or not the virtue of Peace is to be followed or not is, in my opinion, a silly question. Each Koro has its strengths, and thus caters to those principles that benefit it the most. Granted, you have the bottom-rung Kohlii team, but this is one of the safest, most intellectual places on the island; I would like to see Ta-Koro come close to the atmosphere that you all have here. Which, take it from a local, would be quite impossible."

The look on her face showed she had not been expecting that answer, but I didn't care too much. I myself began rambling on a bit, no doubt my tongue loosened a bit from the alcohol. Still, as I spoke I continued to stare and rub the charms. "Which is why actually I'm here in Ko-Koro. Call it soul-searching, call it a personal quest, call it a delusional single guy looking for some adventure, but I came here looking for Peace. Weird, I know, but I think there is an important lesson I can learn here, or more like something I need to learn... if you know what I mean."

I looked at her pretty face and smiled, feeling relieved. I didn't want to lie to her, but I just couldn't come out and tell her either. So that was the explanation I came up with and it was true. Maybe a few details were missing, but I WAS here in search of Peace, and the lesson it would impart. I shrugged at her. "Call me crazy, but hey, I've done worse."

I couldn't help but wink as I took another sip.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC: Darien - Wokapu's Mansion -
"It varies from time to time", Wokiya said, shrugging, "But I've tried to keep him close for the last century. Something about our family... we need each other to keep from losing our minds"
Darien chuckled quietly at this. "Reminds me of me and my sister, especially when we were younger. We used to always fight about everyth..." Darien's voice fell short, reminded of that fact that Visenya was dead, just like his father and everyone else he had cared about. He went from looking somewhat cheerful to a saddened aura.
"Sorry." He said suddenly after a moment of silence, "I just got...lost in thought." He said, looking Wokiya in the eyes. "Whatever happens, always try to stay close to your family, you never know when you might...lose them."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Joske was definitely playing his part well. Throughout Niici’s blabbering, the Toa of Fire remained engaged. Sure, he probably wasn’t interested in her accolades, but something about genuine attention and interest made Niici’s heart soften.

Finally, she asked him what he was doing here, in which he proved to have a sense of humor as well.

"Yes, you're right; I don't remember a Kohlii game where I didn't get angry at a player, or more likely and official, usually ending up in a shouting match. Somehow I won several of them."

Niici chuckled and took another sip of coffee. Joske had somewhat proved her point.

"But to say whether or not the virtue of Peace is to be followed or not is, in my opinion, a silly question. Each Koro has its strengths, and thus caters to those principles that benefit it the most. Granted, you have the bottom-rung Kohlii team, but this is one of the safest, most intellectual places on the island,” Joske said, “I would like to see Ta-Koro come close to the atmosphere that you all have here. Which, take it from a local, would be quite impossible."

Niici raised an eyebrow, but her smile remained. She wasn’t expecting that answer at all, and in fact, she wasn’t sure if she agreed with the Toa of Fire. Yes, Ko-Koro had a great, intellectual atmosphere, but where was its bite?

Or did Ko-Koro not need it?

Niici certainly embraced Peace, but it was hard to follow during a time of war. Peace was more something that she aspired to, that she wanted to help the Matoran work towards. The disaster that has ravaged Le-Koro proved that peace doesn't exist just because you say it exists. Heck, Niici learned that at a young age, back at her school. Torturous rumors and jeers, and there was nothing she could do. Indeed, the Toa was far from being at peace, and it wasn't guilt that was bothering her. It was the fact that her plan had not been completed yet. Niici pictured herself being the glamorous queen of Mata Nui, with someone of equal regality by her side. She wondered if Joske would be able to handle knowing the things that Niici had to commit to in order to guarantee peace for the Matoran. Wokapu bought into it, she bought into it, Alyo seemed like he would buy into it, but unfortunately it looked like Niici was wrong about him.

It was difficult to justify an alternative method for completing one's Toa Duties on this island.

"Which is why actually I'm here in Ko-Koro,” Joske continued, “Call it soul-searching, call it a personal quest, call it a delusional single guy looking for some adventure, but I came here looking for Peace. Weird, I know, but I think there is an important lesson I can learn here, or more like something I need to learn... if you know what I mean."

Niici nodded intently. Evidently, he was here to relax himself, just as Niici had the day before. There was hardly a reason for Niici to not show him around.

Joske shrugged. "Call me crazy, but hey, I've done worse."

“Well, maybe we can visit the Temple of Peace?” Niici suggested flirtatiously, “There’s a high-class, exclusive hot springs resort nearby… okay it’s not terribly close, but it’s… definitely worth it”

Niici downed the rest of her coffee and set the cup and saucer to the side.

“And besides, I control the cold, so my guidance may be of some use. I even own the Charm for it. Paid quite a bit for it too!”

IC: Wokapu, Wokiya, & Lekori – Wokapu’s Mansion

“I… suppose,” Wokiya said making her way to the kitchen to fix the tea, “Quite the challenge with my folks, especially my parents”

The group then heard the door close down the hall, Wokapu making his footsteps back to the living room. In his arms were many layers of an outfit.

“You’ll need to have layers to survive in this cold,” Wokapu said to Darien and Lekori, handing them their shirts, sweaters, and coats.

Wokiya then returned to the group, water boiling inside the kettle over the fire. Lekori then decided to add his input, “Family is definitely important – returning to them in Le-Koro is definitely the first thing I’m doing once I return”

There was a moment of silence, only the sound of the cackling fire in the distance.

“So… what happened with the Island Liberation Squad?” Wokapu asked, “That’s the group that was used to frame me, only fair that I know how they’re doing”

Edited by Emzee

IC: (Ko-Koro)

"Basically, what I'm saying is that we want you back in Onu-Koro."

"What happened to finding Elax?" Tarrhus growled. Admittedly, he and Lezac hadn't found any clues to Elax's location since their arrival in Ko-Koro, but he still found them suddenly being called back somewhat suspicious.

"Justice... justice... justice..." Lezac muttered, his eyes darting all over the place.

"We've found Elax, and we're going to bring him to you. Once we're back in Onu-Koro, I'll explain everything that you need to know."

The Ta-Matoran was silent for a few seconds, as though trying to make a decision on Vorex's offer, although it was clear that he had no real choice. "Alright. We'll come with ya."

Vorex smirked as he looked down at Tarrhus. "Wonderful. I'm so glad you made the right choice."

OOC: Vorex, Tarrhus and Lezac to Onu-Wahi.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC

[ice Pick Cafe, Ko-Koro; late morning]

Curveball.

It took everything I had not to make any sort of sudden reaction right there on the spot, the barrage of information in that one simple sentence nearly overwhelming. First, not only did she know of the Temple of Peace, but knew it location; second, she was offering to guide me there and help me unlock it; because third, she held a charm in her possession and knew that the Charms were the key to opening it!

This... this was on the hinge of disaster. IF she knew everything else-

Ok Joske, stay cool, dissect this. Don't lose your head.

Ok, well, apparently the Charm comment was that: a comment. Apparently she didn't recognize the two that were in my hand - which by now had discreetly been placed back in my pocket - which meant that she assumed that she had the only one needed to get in. That meant she had never been inside. And didn't know what was within. And therefore didn't know the full implications of what she was offering. So this wasn't as bad as I thought.

But that still means that I needed at least two more, and if she implied that to her the one was expensive, I don't think there was a snowflake's chance in karzahni that I could buy it from her.

Which meant I was going to have to work with her to get in, yet somehow keep her in the dark.

Fun. Then again... a thought crept into my head.

Who said I couldn't enjoy an afternoon with a well-to-do Miss? Who knows, I make make a valuable ally.

"Yes, I figured as much; your little trick with the coffee steam earlier was a dead giveaway." I started, referring to her comment of being Ko-Toa. Taking my drink I slammed the last little bit of it, a boyish grin on my face as I wiped the liquid from my lips. "And yes, I would love a personal escort to the Temple of Peace; it wasn't exactly on my schedule since I didn't know where it was, but it would seem fate has other ideas. As for the resort... "

I leaned in, raising an eyebrow. "I would be an imbecile not to accept such an offer from a lovely lady such as yourself. Give me a moment to clear my schedule... done!"

Pretending I had a daily calender before me I pantomimed ripping it up before tossing it over the balcony railing. Rising to my feet I extended a hand in her direction; if I was going to play the Kohlii star I was going to do it all the way and be a gentleman about it. Well not full Kohlii star, cut back on the womanizing and being an absolute pain in the rear and more roguish charm if possible.

"Please, Miss Niici, lead on! I cleared my whole schedule for you, so let's enjoy ourselves, shall we?"

IC (Echelon)

Echelon had by now applied a salve to the large gash on Vidar's face. The salve, a combination of several substances with healing and soothing properties, was already easing the pain and helping the wounded tissue to mend itself. If Vidar was at all curious about Echelon's past, then he might take note of the Necromancer's skill with healing; it might seem odd for one so capable of harming others to show such skill with medicine...

Echelon, meanwhile, had turned his attention back to Utu's prone body. Raising the stone to his mouth, he spoke into it.

"Activate."

The Mark of Fear on the stone flared purple - and simultaneously, so did the one on Utu's arm. The Mark Bearer's eyes snapped open. Echelon spoke again.

"Stand up."

The huge Toa of Ice pulled himself off the slab and rose, towering even above Echelon. The Dark Toa looked into his eyes, scanning them for any sign of memory or emotion. He saw none. Excellent.

He lowered the stone.

"Vidar, Utu's little faith issue will no longer be a problem," he said. "Now, if you feel ready, let us join the others."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Vidar – Echelon’s Lab

“Vidar, Utu's little faith issue will no longer be a problem,” Echelon said. “Now, if you feel ready, let us join the others.”

Vidar’s face felt amazingly better. As he looked around at all the vials, cabinets, herbs, and medical equipment, Vidar started to consider that Echelon might be some kind of part-time doctor.

Most interesting, the Dark Toa thought. He then nodded to his comrade.

“I am ready,” Vidar said, “Let us meet with the others”

IC: Ronkshou – Echelon’s Lair

The group turned as they heard the metal door creak open, through it walking a mended Vidar, Utu with his mark appearing to function normally again, and Echelon.

“A healer and a fighter, a most useful combination,” Ronkshou said nodding in approval, “I would ask how, but I’m not sure if I’d want to know”

His eyes turned to Utu. The tall Toa of Ice did not seem like himself. It did not take long for the Infected Toa to get suspicious.

“What’s with Utu? I can see that he’s not acting the same,” Ronkshou asked, “Did you fix the mark?”

“He fixed the mark,” Vidar answered, “And you could also say that he improved it. I believe Utu may become a greater ally to us now than before”

Ronkshou’s eyes remained narrow; he didn’t like unexpected changes like this.

“We have little time to lose,” Vidar said, cutting off Ronkshou’s train of thought, “Our time for medical attention has most certainly led to our prey getting a head start”

“Yes,” Ronkshou said, changing gears quickly and dropping the Utu Issue for now, “We need to get moving ASAP. Honestly, it may be likely that the Matoran have left Ko-Wahi. If we stick to our clockwise-route idea, then they should be in either Onu-Wahi or Po-Wahi. However, considered that the group is split… it may be wise to check both regions. My only reservation is that I recruited people to improve our numbers against unexpected enemies. I don’t want to risk any group getting halted – no matter how many we have”

Ronkshou crossed his arms, "We have five in our number as of now: myself, Vidar, Kohra, Utu, and Zadron. If we agree to split, then we should recruit a sixth to even things out"

Niici rose to her feet and took Joske’s hand, shaking it softly. It had occurred to her that Joske was also very observant; usually people didn’t notice such subtle uses of her element.

“Please, Miss Niici, lead on!” Joske said, “I cleared my whole schedule for you, so let's enjoy ourselves, shall we?”

“Of course,” Niici giggled. She handed a few widgets – far more lustrous than the widgets used by commoners – to the waiter and led Joske down the steps.

“Do you want to see the charm?” Niici offered, “You seemed to be interested in that as well. It’s at my place!”

The two then veered a little off the path – to the left, where a smaller path began to appear in the snow. It was clearly not used as much as the other paths and roads that crossed through the more populous areas of Ko-Koro.

As they walked to Niici’s house, the Toa of Ice linked arms with Joske, content with the sequence of events so far. The sky remained clear, and the sun was now at its highest and brightest. As they walked, the two shared continuous banter, talking about the clear skies, the Matoran who shared the path they walked on, and more Kolhii trivia.

Niici's Home – Ko-Koro

Soon, Niici and Joske were walking up the steps, Niici’s grandiose dwelling towering over them. After offering Joske to come inside, they both entered the foyer and made their way to the living room. She remembered where the charm was, sitting comfortably inside the safe.

“Make yourself at home,” Niici said, “It should take but two seconds for me to grab the thing”

Indeed, Joske only had less than a minute to look around the high decorated and eye-pleasing dwelling before Niici emerged once again, her soft face bearing a cheerful visage and her back sporting a cylindrical container that she carried with one strap. As she approached Joske once again though, her thoughts of the safe clouded her mind. She realized that she had not yet discovered how Joske approached the proverbial Toa Code, and the duties that went with that. As much as Niici enjoyed the company of this Ta-Toa, she was smart enough to realize that a focus on the warrior-enforcer approach would clash heavily with the indirect approach that Niici so fiercely believed she had adopted.

She spouted the view of peaceful methods of improving the lives of Matoran – methods that didn’t always involve a harrowing quest to defeat the Makuta. If there was a way for the Makuta and the grand lives of the Matoran to coexist (and indeed, Niici believed that she was close to achieving that), then wouldn’t that be a preferable option?

It was also easier, and less messy. However, fundamental followers of the Toa duties would not subscribe to this. It required more of a lateral way of thinking.

“Let’s head out, shall we?” Niici said, gingerly handing Joske the Charm of Peace. The expensive artifact used to serve as a reminder of what Niici was working towards. She didn’t believe that one could have effective peace during a time of war. Only after the war is won can one enjoy and experience peace.

“I don’t know if you know about all the other Principles,” Niici said as they headed out the door, “Obviously you know Courage, but myself and many members of the Cultured Gentry researched and internalized all six of the principles: Peace, Courage, Faith, Prosperity, Purity, and Creation. Knowing the other villages’ beliefs and skills proved to be important to running a successful business long ago… it’s kinda why they call us the ‘Cultured’ Gentry!”

Niici snorted at her own attempt at cheesy humor, “That’s a joke of course”

Niici continued to lead the way, her right arm once again linked with Joske’s left.

Ko-Koro Outskirts

“The common path to the Temple is through the Sanctum,” Niici explained, looking around at her environment. There was now some snowfall, but it was light, and the sun still shone brightly above them. “However, it’s difficult to find the hot springs from that route, and it’s actually from the hot springs that I managed to find the temple”

Niici bounced the container that slung across her back once, “Hence the red flags. Sometimes the snow storms get so bad that not even Ko-Toa can make it completely go away. It spans a large portion of Mount Ihu, after all”

Niici took a few more steps and then looked to Joske, “I suppose I should ask which you’d like to visit first. We can take an Ussal taxi to get to the hot springs, but not to get to the Temple, we’ll have to walk and use flags no matter what route we take”

Edited by Emzee

IC (Echelon)

The group turned as they heard the metal door creak open, through it walking a mended Vidar, Utu with his mark appearing to function normally again, and Echelon.

“A healer and a fighter, a most useful combination,” Ronkshou said nodding in approval, “I would ask how, but I’m not sure if I’d want to know.”

"Healing and harming are two sides of the same coin," Echelon replied smoothly. "A knowledge of the inner workings of the body grants both. I needn't tell you which is more...enjoyable."

“What’s with Utu? I can see that he’s not acting the same,” Ronkshou asked, “Did you fix the mark?”

“He fixed the mark,” Vidar answered, “And you could also say that he improved it. I believe Utu may become a greater ally to us now than before.”

Ronkshou’s eyes remained narrow; he didn’t like unexpected changes like this.

“We have little time to lose,” Vidar said, cutting off Ronkshou’s train of thought, “Our time for medical attention has most certainly led to our prey getting a head start.”

“Yes,” Ronkshou said, changing gears quickly and dropping the Utu Issue for now, “We need to get moving ASAP. Honestly, it may be likely that the Matoran have left Ko-Wahi. If we stick to our clockwise-route idea, then they should be in either Onu-Wahi or Po-Wahi. However, considered that the group is split… it may be wise to check both regions. My only reservation is that I recruited people to improve our numbers against unexpected enemies. I don’t want to risk any group getting halted – no matter how many we have.”

Echelon nodded.

"Ronkshou, I suggest you decide on who takes which route," he said. "My only advice is that I will need to accompany Utu, and Zadron would be better placed in Onu-Wahi; his knowledge of the tunnels is exceptional - and we all know he works best in the dark."

The Necromancer stole another look at Utu, examining him for any sign of free will. It was, admittedly, the first time he'd tried this procedure and he was not certain it would work as expected...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Utu - Ko-Wahi - EpilogueI could tell Echelon was trying to read me.There was no reading a shell.I couldn't speak, I couldn't look where I wanted to; only forced to see what the shell wanted to see.I started to visualize breaking Echelon's neck over and over again. This pleased me, and kept me occupied, even if it was only for a few moments. My anger was burning too strong for me to focus on anything of my own choosing. I was fighting too hard to do anything else. I willed myself to speak, to look, to blink, to do anything. But I couldn't. I was trapped now, and there was no getting out.I didn't even want to continue my mission. I knew there was no winning. I might have been silent, but the others were blind. No matter how many cronies Ronkshou could get on our side, these Matoran were invincible. There had to be some sort of divine intervention happening here. A shame Mata-Nui was too busy tending to their problems.I figured if I was ever going to get out of this, I'd need divine intervention too.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: Aye, this won’t be the best split, but considering how little our characters know, it will at least be justified.

IC: Ronkshou & Vidar – Echelon’s Lair

Ronkshou uncrossed his arms, taking in the Necromancer’s advice. With those constraints, it made the decision of how to divide the group rather simple, though the resulting division still didn’t feel ideal to the Infected Toa. There were also Ronkshou’s own constraints, like how it would be best to split the efforts of himself and Vidar – they were still the most skillful and probably the best experienced when it came to hunting. Vidar, once his Parakuka was activated, could be formidable enough to provide more than enough assistance to his two comrades.

But then there was the other, bigger, wild card: Onu-Wahi was a double-decker region, so to speak. While its tunnels were vast and famous across the island, there was an entire region above it that hardly anyone spoke of. After learning about the Matorans’ activities in the Kumu Islets, it would not surprise Ronkshou if the Toa Stone was actually hidden around the Papa Nihu Reef.

Basically, the group had three regions to search, not two.

This meant that the Onu-Wahi searchers actually did need more people. Not to mention, the underground tunnels extended to much of the island, meaning Utu, Echelon, and Zadron would have more land to cover, combined with not the best visibility. The division would not be even after all, or at least, not at first. Ronkshou quickly took all of this into consideration and made a decision.

“I suppose that settles it,” Ronkshou said, matter-of-factly, “Po-Wahi is where I live; I still have my cave in Tiro Canyon. Echelon, you and Utu can accompany should go with Zadron and Vidar to Onu-Wahi. Vidar will search the lands above – it should be much easier than having to search the vast and convoluted tunnels. The Motara Desert will do little to help Utu’s effectiveness, in my opinion, so it will help you both to keep him in the caves, where it’s much cooler”

Ronkshou then looked to Vidar, “Vidar, waste no time. Search every nook and especially search the Reef. Kufa’s men spent over a century hiding out in that area with no trace at all, who knows what else could be hidden there? If you find the Matoran, get to the tunnels below and notify Echelon. Otherwise, head east and meet Kohra and I in Po-Wahi”

Ronkshou continued, “If our theory is correct, then we should find one of the groups in either of these regions. It’s possible one of the group’s moved on to Ga-Wahi, but let’s hope not. Are we ready?"

Edited by Emzee

IC

[Niici's Home, Ko-Koro; early afternoon]

So THIS is what it was like to be wealthy.

"Make yourself at home; it should take but two seconds for me to grab the thing.”

I just nodded as she twirled away, taken away by the sheer grandiose of the place. Yes, I knew what it was like to famous and well-known, but wealthy? Contrary to popular belief being an athlete or sports star was not a large money-making venture; sure, one could live comfortably if he played his cards right and was willing to sell himself for endorsements, but it wasn't always easy. Yes, I had a decent amount of cash tucked away, but if I added up everything I'd EVER won or earned it would only come up to a fraction of what I saw here. At best I might be able to buy just one of these rooms.

If it was on clearance.

Indeed, I had less than a minute to look around and absorb the highly-decorated and eye-pleasing dwelling before Niici emerged before me; she wasn't kidding when she said two seconds. As she sashayed towards me her soft face bore a cheerful visage, her back sporting a cylindrical container that was carried with a single strap. As she approached I could not help but tell that she was in thought, about what was anyone's guess. Removing the strap she brought it out in front of her, taking both hands and gripped the ends tightly, twisting in opposite directions as she went. There was sharp hiss of air as the interior decompressed, and with practiced care she removed the charm from its protective casing.

“Let’s head out, shall we?” Niici said, gingerly handing me the Charm of Peace. I took it with care, surprised that she was letting touch it as all, considering how valuable it was to her. In rhat moment I realized that despite having just met she trusted me quite a lot, and from here on out I would have to be extremely careful not to betray that. Not that I wanted to do so, but I had a nasty habit of saying the right thing in the worst possible way at the worst possible time. As we left with our arms linked she spoke a little more about the virtues and principles, and how they related to the Cultured Gentry and their success... and then attempted a cheesy joke about it.

I didn't find the joke itself funny. But the cheesiness of it, coupled with how badly it failed... I found myself laughing in stitches as we left.

[Ko-Koro Outskirts; early afternoon]

“The common path to the Temple is through the Sanctum,” Niici explained to me, looking around at our environment. We were skirting the edge of the village on foot, taking the path that led from her mansion to the Sanctum. Snow was falling, but it was light, the sun still shining brightly above us. “However, it’s difficult to find the hot springs from that route, and it’s actually from the hot springs that I managed to find the temple.”

Niici bounced the container that slung across her back once, still empty. “Hence the red flags. Sometimes the snow storms get so bad that not even Ko-Toa can't make it completely go away. It spans a large portion of Mount Ihu, after all.” She took a few more steps before turning to face me. “I suppose I should ask which you’d like to visit first. We can take an Ussal taxi to get to the hot springs, but not to get to the Temple, we’ll have to walk and use flags no matter what route we take.”

I took a breath, trying to decide. So far, this had been a relaxing, if not highly enjoyable, day. Niici, while maybe a bit spoiled and overanxious for approval, seemed to be genuinely concerned for the matoran and wished to solve as many of the island's problems as she could. Still, something wasn't adding up, and it bothered me... but that wasn't why I was hesitant. Everyone had their secrets, especially me. But could I trust her fully with this? It was obvious I was going to need her help to get in, but how involved she would need to be remained to be seen. She seemed like a genuinely nice person. And I did enjoy being around her. It was a reminder of a life I used to live.

I guess I still wasn't sure if I was happy or not about that.

"Let's go to the temple first," I finally responded, pulling her arm a littler closer to my side. "Either way we will have to trudge through the snow, and I would rather do that first while we have full daylight and nice weather than risking going later; the weather changes faster here than a ball changes hands during a Ta-Koro/Po-Koro Kohlii match. Besides, it would give us a chance to enjoy the resort more, as well as discuss any... interesting findings we discover while there. I would rather not like to be in this cold after spending time in a hot spring, if you know what I mean. Let's just say the cold isn't one of my favorite things."

I pulled the strings to my white cloak tighter, still significantly warm under it. It didn't take much though for me to lose it in this region, and I hated to burn elemental energy just to keep my body functioning if I didn't need to. At least the weather was cooperating.

Edited by Friar Tuck

IC: Ronkshou & Vidar – Echelon’s Lair

“The time is now,” Ronkshou said, “Fellow allies, I fear the Makuta grows impatient. We must be mindful, we must keep our eyes open, and we must deal with the unexpected swiftly and brutally. I believe that we all may have a great amount of additional blood on our hands when this is over, but when it is over, I believe that the Makuta will grant us great favor – favor that Heuani will be envious of. Let’s go”

The band of six exited the lair, embracing the frosty climate of Ko-Wahi. Each group had a compass, and even some maps to go around (including Ronkshou’s original, tattered one). Time was of the essence, and this time, no one would hold them back.

Northern Ko-Wahi

It took hours of travelling, and it all remained uneventful. Soon, the group found themselves approaching the northern border of Ko-Wahi, and it was there they the group went their separate ways.

“Remember, search everything in Onu-Wahi,” Ronkshou reminded Vidar, Echelon, Utu, and Zadron, “If nothing comes up, continue your search with us in Po-Wahi. We will convene there, if in the unlikely event of a fruitless search, we will continue to Ga-Wahi”

Ronkshou thought once again about the time that they had taken getting healed, and the time it would have had to take for the Matoran to escape Ko-Wahi (assuming that they had already recovered the stone in this region). There was no way that both Matoran groups could move fast enough through Onu-Wahi and Po-Wahi to evade the hunters, unless they had indeed taken a different route.

As Ronkshou and Kohra continued across the mountainous region towards the Motara Desert, Ronkshou hoped that the Makuta would be with them, and would give them the intel they needed.

OOC: Ronkshou / Kohra to Po-Wahi. Hope Veef doesn’t mind some good ol’fashioned staff bunnying. :P

Also, Vidar / Utu / Echelon / Zadron to Onu-Wahi…

IC: Niici – Outskirts of Ko-Koro

Niici understood Joske’s reasoning, though now Niici would have to refer to her map and make sure she stayed on path. It was annoyingly easy to get lost in the Wastes, and once you got lost, you could never get out, except through divine intervention.

Once Niici and Joske were off the path, it started to seem like they weren’t heading anywhere in particular. They were walking far beyond the borders of Ko-Koro, and heading into the Wastes themselves. As they walked a light snowfall began, though the sun still remained as bright and warm as ever.

Ko-Wahi Wastes

Once the snowfall became a little more constant, Niici unlinked her arm from Joske’s and opened the container, revealing a full stash of fiery red flags. She pulled out one and set it into the firm snow, pushing it down to make sure a breeze didn’t knock it over. The red cloth then billowed in the light breeze, giving off a fluid appearance.

“This walk is actually quite fun if you’re used to the area,” Niici said, “The inclines aren’t too steep”

Niici was put further at ease by the relative slowness of the snowfall. There was no blizzard going on, so she didn’t have to worry about the flags getting covered up from venturing too long. She had also changed her coat from when she met with Joske at the café. This one was a bit tighter, though still thick, and it was better resistant to the wind.

“I hope you got that Charm,” Niici said light-heartedly, “You’ll want a vice-like grip on it when these winds pick up”

They had moved a considerable number of yards by this time, and Niici set another flag into the snow. This process continued for quite some time, at least 15 minutes. At that point, Niici tried to direct the now colder breeze’s elsewhere, not wanting to turn off the Toa of Fire by letting him become a popsicle. Every ten or so yards, Niici would place another flag, and while the route was straightforward to her, others would probably not how much it curved around.

“So, are you familiar with any of the other charms? I know each village has their own,” Niici asked Joske. He seemed to be interested in the small token, though that may have been simple because of how expensive it was, “Do you own any?”

IC

[Ko-Wahi Wastes; early afternoon]

The moment of truth.

And I still didn't know how to answer. Which meant I had to come up with something.

Now.

"Do I own any... "

During this walk I had one hand clasping my outer cloak closed, the other in my pocket, idly fingering my small stash of charms in my pocket. I pulled out my hand, and what happened next was a classic slight of hand magic trick, made easier by the fact I wore a Kakama. I showed Niici my free hand, nothing in it. I closed it slowly into a tight fist only to open it rapidly-

And inbetween my five fingers were four charms.

The way she froze in mid-motion of jamming another flag into the snow proved her surprise. I smiled sheepishly. "I actually own a few more as well. I'm actually, um... collecting them."

"Collecting... them?"

I drew a blank. I needed a legitimate answer, and I needed one fast Something, anything! Yes, the charms were used as keys to the temple, but why would other matoran have them? It's not like they gave off any sort of power-

Kohlii.

Like a bolt of lightning a solution came, from where I hadn't the foggiest. There was some rumor that the Charms could improve one's ability to play Kohlii, but they were so rare and few that it had never actually been tested, players like myself brushing it off as some sort of hoax. Then again, it had never been proven false.

Not yet anyways.

"Yeah... collecting them. That's what I have been doing actually since my transformation, the reason I haven't played recently, taking some time off. I've been trying to collect all the charms, get the full set. See, there is this rumor, legend even, that says that some of these charms can actually increase one's skill at Kohlii. No, I'm not after them to make me better, I'm good enough as it is, but it's an interesting idea... not only it will be a fun thing to test when this is all said and done, but it might help others get better and train faster if its true. Plus, to be honest, the adventure I've been getting out of it is refreshing, and the lessons I've been learning along the way from the various Koros has widened my worldview a bit. Something I should have done years ago."

That last part I said quietly, my face darkening slightly, speaking more to myself than to her. After a moment my face brightened. "So yeah, that's why I have so many, and I'm not quite halfway done yet.. And I didn't spend a fortune getting them either. Just have to know where to look."

IC: Darien – Wokapu’s Mansion -
“I… suppose,” Wokiya said making her way to the kitchen to fix the tea, “Quite the challenge with my folks, especially my parents”
The group then heard the door close down the hall, Wokapu making his footsteps back to the living room. In his arms were many layers of an outfit.
You’ll need to have layers to survive in this cold,” Wokapu said to Darien and Lekori, handing them their shirts, sweaters, and coats.
Darien took the clothing readily, already beginning to remove some of the outer clothing he had worn in the deserts of Po-Wahi, they were rather old and worn as it was.
Wokiya then returned to the group, water boiling inside the kettle over the fire. Lekori then decided to add his input, “Family is definitely important – returning to them in Le-Koro is definitely the first thing I’m doing once I return”
There was a moment of silence, only the sound of the cackling fire in the distance.
“So… what happened with the Island Liberation Squad?” Wokapu asked, “That’s the group that was used to frame me, only fair that I know how they’re doing”
Darien knew little, if anything at all about this Island Liberation Squad, and therefore had nothing to say on the matter, he decided it might be a good time to change into the clothing that had been given to him. "Excuse me for a moment." He said, opting to find a room to change in, as the massive mansion had plenty of spare rooms as it was.
After a while Darien came back, going through the kitchen, he stopped dead when he was about to pass the fridge, deciding to open it to see if...ahah! There was some milk there after all. He pulled the jug out and gave it a whiff.
He immediately regretted doing so, the milk was spoiled rotten and smelled like the armpits of a Brakas. He dumped the entire jug into a trash bin nearby in disgust.
It made sense really, no one had even been in the mansion in quite some time. He returned the group, looking ready to head out with all the layers of clothing he now wore. "The milk was bad, we should probably get some more when we go out." He said sheepishly.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

The early afternoon sun did not penetrate the overcast blanket of the sky. Instead, the light of the normally warming sun was diffused through the flat clouds, a grey glow from on high that cast the snowy plain in a cold, pale light. Snowflakes drifted down lightly to rest and merge with the thick layer of white on the ground. Though the falling flakes were miniscule at any distance, the eyes of a being standing in the snow were able to track the little things as they fell; they were eyes that saw the snowflakes not as mere precipitation, but as delicate, idiosyncratic dancers, floating together in choreography as beautiful as it was incomprehensible.

The being stood shin-deep in the snow, but there were no footprints anywhere around his feet. The dark hue of those shins contrasted absolutely with the grey-white of the snow, and their smooth lines left the snow just as it had been when it'd fallen: still frozen. The being stood still, eyes closed not against the frigid wind, but as if in enjoyment of it. One strong, elegant hand rested on the pommel of a sword whose blade looked far more like an icicle than like metal. Hawklike eyes, enigmatic pools that were at once darker than night as they shone with golden radiance, watched the progress of the silhouettes of two Toa who were gradually making their way towards the being.

Shadows on this snowy plain were perhaps sparse, but they were far from nonexistent.

Heuani waited for Joske and Niici to draw near before he tromped languidly through the snow and towards them. Niici was in the process of sticking another flag into the ground when he approached her directly. Niici, spellbound as though a mouse hypnotized by a sensual cobra, stood slowly from her crouch, adjusted her posture a little in a way to show herself off. Joske, just as frozen by a force he did not understand but wished to obey, watched ambivalently as the red flag dropped from Niici's suddenly limp fingers and into the snow. Heuani slipped the fingers that had rested on his sword into them, raising Niici's arm gracefully and drawing closer to her. He leaned his own face in close to hers, wrapped his hand slowly around her slim waist; she shivered, but not from the cold.

"No, please; finish," Heuani said silkily, gesturing down to the flag with his eyes. Niici, speechless, bent down to obey, and as she did, Heuani dragged a lone finger along the length of her lower back. She trembled; but then gasped in shock as Heuani used that contact to operate his Kanohi Felnas upon her. Niici lost control of her elemental ice powers, and was frozen within an instant within a sharp conjuring of her own affinity. She would not regain control of her element for another few minutes or so; until then, she was left frozen, her lithe frame bent over and reaching towards the red flag, unable to move or hear, trapped in a crystal display. Heuani smiled, tapped the ice to ensure its soundness and, satisfied, turned to Joske.

"I'll have to take her for a spin when she's... warmed up a little," He chuckled. "Oh, but don't bother using those heat energies of yours to help her in that regard." Heuani smiled, leaning on the block of ice casually, before laughing at Joske's shocked look: Heuani had guessed what he'd been thinking. Heuani nodded understandingly. "I of all people am aware of the hotheadedness that can strike a Toa of Fire... Toa of Fire should really learn to think. Do some thinking now: to free your pretty friend here would be a positive waste in this weather; twice as much effort for something she'll be able to get out of later? I don't think that's quite wise, to tire yourself out so quickly."

The Toa of Shadow pushed himself lightly off of the ice, and drew closer to the Toa of Fire. "No, you look like a smart, and a very handsome, boy; I expect you'll do the intelligent thing her and listen to what I have to say, Joske."

test2.png

IC

It was as if the nightmare that had haunted my dreams stepped out of dreamland and into reality itself.

Niici had in the process of sticking another flag into the ground, stunned at my knowledge and amount of Charms, when he approached her directly. Niici, spellbound as though a mouse hypnotized by a sensual cobra, stood slowly from her crouch, adjusting her posture a little in a way to show herself off to this new toa. There was nothing I could do as I stood there, motionless, frozen by a force I could not comprehend, unable to understand why but compelled to obey, watching ambivalently as the red flag dropped from Niici's suddenly limp fingers and into the snow. He slipped the fingers that had been resting on his sword into hers, raising Niici's arm gracefully and drawing them closer to him. I watched as he leaned his own face in close to hers, wrapping his hand slowly around her slim waist, in a very seductive manner; she shivered, but not from the cold.

It was fear.

"No, please; finish," the toa said silkily, gesturing down to the flag with his eyes. Niici, speechless like myself, bent down to obey, the toa dragging a lone finger along the length of her lower back as she did so. I saw her tremble, then gasp in terror his mask glowed, the next moment she was frozen within a block of ice. It eerily reminded me of what I did to Utu, her body left frozen, her lithe frame bent over sensually and reaching towards the red flag, unable to move or even hear, trapped in a crystal display. He smiled, like a cat knowing he cornered his prey, and tapped the ice to ensure its soundness and, when satisfied, turned to face me.

"I'll have to take her for a spin when she's... warmed up a little," he chuckled. A felt a spark of anger at that remark; even I in my worst wouldn't do something like that! "Oh, but don't bother using those heat energies of yours to help her in that regard." He smiled, leaning on the block of ice casually, before laughing at my shocked face: clearly he knew what I was thinking. Fighting down my own heartbeat he nodded understandingly. "I of all people am aware of the hotheadedness that can strike a Toa of Fire... Toa of Fire should really learn to think. Do some thinking now: to free your pretty friend here would be a positive waste in this weather; twice as much effort for something she'll be able to get out of later? I don't think that's quite wise, to tire yourself out so quickly."

Ok, point for the crazy man. I took a long breath to calm my nerves, the effort surprisingly successful. That must of impressed him, for he pushed himself lightly off of the ice and drew closer to me.

"Hmmm, no, you look like a smart, and a very handsome, boy; I expect you'll do the intelligent thing her and listen to what I have to say, Joske."

Mata-Nui, he knew my name!

Of course he knew my name - who didn't? But it was the way he said it... it was as if he knew me personally. But that... that couldn't be. I'd never seen him befo-

Yes, actually. Yes I had.

In a vision. More than once.

The fear that had gripped me earlier, the power that had simply willed me to stand still shook off me like a light layer of snow as sheer curiosity and near-idiotic recklessness overtook me. I took a half-step towards him raising a finger, shaking it at him as my head tilt sideways, the gears in my head spinning rapidly.

"You... I know you. From a dream." I said quietly, dozens of different pieces of a vast puzzle suddenly falling to place in my head. I pressed forward, finger still in the air. "You're... you're that toa. The one there's been rumors about. The one who is the harbinger of Makuta, the one who leaves death and destruction in his wake, as well as enthralled masess... "

His name was on the tip of my tongue. The guy who was said to steal young women from their homes, who could kill the greatest toa with a mere thought... all of it just rumors, stories made up by the Makuta's agents to introduce fear and discord among us. But they couldn't POSSIBLY be true. Yet as I looked at Niici and the way her whole demeanor instantly changed around him, suddenly I wasn't so sure.

"Heuani."

The name came out of my mouth as forceful as it was surprising. My finger stopped moving, still pointed at his mask however. "You're Heuani, the toa in my dreams." I lowered my finger and stared at him for a solid minute, his face even more amused than before. Was he happy? Or was he just playing me? I didn't know, and it was unsettling. All I knew was that this was the toa that I had to fight, but that wasn't until later... wasn't it? I mean, I didn't have all the Crystals yet. I wasn't ready.

I really didn't have a choice in the matter. I would have to play his little game. But that didn't mean I would fall under his sway like a few moments ago.

Lowering my hand I crossed my arms, putting on a neutral face. I could feel the Crystals of Courage and Faith glow deep inside my furs, fighting off this otherworldly attraction I had for him. I had to be strong and courageous, believe and have faith that this was not the time. Just a prelude. Just a prelude.

I held on the that thought tightly as I fought off his hypnotizing stare.

"Thanks... thanks for the compliment by the way. You don't look half bad yourself. I'm listening."

IC:

"You know me from a dream," Heuani pondered as though savoring the flavor of an exotic dish. "I hear that a lot, these days... I'd like to think that's a testament to my personality, but I know better by now; as you pointed out, Joske, I 'don't look half bad.'" Heuani's irresistible face broke into another charismatic grin, as coy as a cat's and as sharp as a shark's. Joske only barely kept the corners of his own mouth from twitching upwards sympathetically; thankfully, Heuani had been looking into the white distance, and seemed to miss this repressed reaction.

"Yes, I am Heuani," Heuani confirmed. "I'm relieved I won't have to introduce myself - or, for that matter, what I'm capable of - to you. Nor will you, Joske, have to tell me what you're able to do; I already know the depth of your ineptitude, as does my master... Why Takua selected you for the part you will attempt to play in his ill-guided device, however, is beyond my understanding." The Toa of Shadow took a few steps back, pacing away from Joske with as little regard for Joske as though the Toa of Fire was not there.

As Heuani walked through the deep snow, Joske noticed that where his own breath turned white in the cold, no such mist escaped when Heuani spoke. "So please, let's not skirt around the facts," Heuani rejoined reasonably. "We both know you've immersed yourself in the plots of that deluded old soul, Takua... Why else would you be seeking the six crystals now? As I said, evading the obvious truth will only slow things down, so let's move forward. I will do what I came to do; I am here to do you a sort of a favor, Joske. Look inside your furs."

Joske did so, and he found that the two crystals he bore there, those of Faith and Courage, had been joined by a third sphere, this one goldish-yellow in color. Joske had no idea how long it had been there, but he certainly had never felt it slip in among the other two. Heuani smiled in a convincingly confidential way at Joske's confusion. "A magician never tells his tricks," Heuani said. "But I can tell you that you now are in possession of the the Crystal of Creation, straight from the Motara Desert. It's genuine, and it's for you Joske. A gift from my master."

Heuani swooped through the snow as nimbly as a panther, stopping just in time to catch a perfect snowflake on his tongue. To Heuani's amusement, the flake did not melt. He drew his tongue back in and swallowed the cold flake before addressing Joske again. "You see, Joske, that is how futile my master believes your quest to be," he said. "My master is not afraid to leave your way open - he's even helping you. My master has a sense of fair play, after all, and he awaits nothing quite as eagerly as the entertainment your miniscule dissent will provide." The Toa of Shadow approached Joske, and held out his hand. "May I?" he asked. Without waiting for a reply, he took out Joske's new crystal globe, held it in one palm and appraised it like a skull. "The Crystal of Creation... it is fitting that I deliver this to you," he purred, spinning the orb. "Creation is the mightiest of the shaping forces of our world, and I have much to thank for it."

Heuani tossed the crystal back to Joske, and then drew out his transparent sword with an elegant, cool motion. The clear, rippled blade caught Joske's eye - The Toa of Fire had never seen anything quite like it, but he could tell it was dangerous. "This sword never loses its edge," Heuani cooed. "And in my hand, it is fast and sharp as the wind all around us. Watch me, Joske; I am going to nick you with this sword. And you won't be able to stop me before you see a drop of yourself riding down its blade."

The Toa of Shadow was as good as his word, and even though Joske knew it was coming, he couldn't stop it. He felt a twinge of pain on the side of his face faster than he could react. Heuani had been unbelievably quick, but also precise - he had only barely nipped the cheek. Joske's instincts kicked in after the fact, and he made a parrying motion a millisecond after Heuani's blade was out of reach. "As I said," Heuani repeated with a lighthearted chuckle, wiping the speck of Joske's blood onto the snow by his feet. "I know the depth of your ineptitude, Joske."

test2.png

IC

[Ko-Wahi Wastes; early afternoon]

My worldview had been made of glass.

Clear, adulterated, transparent. Through it I could see everything I experienced with an unbiased view, all angles visible to me. It was a worldview I had been building ever since the Temple of Courage, a worldview that allowed for even the miraculous to happen. Or so I thought.

It shattered into a thousand pieces.

I stood there, my arm outstretched, my body frozen in a blocking position. I knew it was coming; he even told me he would. Yet I was not fast enough to parry as single sword thrust, so inept that I could not stop let alone touch something I saw coming a mile away. But that wasn't the problem.

It was the Crystal of Creation on my right hand.

A symbol of my mission, of lessons learned... and of how little Makuta cared for my attempts at collecting them. I should not have been surprised, but the fact he knew, so in depth, and could grab them without the charms - how was I to logically face him? He knew of my mission, knew of my progress, knew every step I was taking. Knew where I would go, what I would do before I did it, and he thought so little of my attempts that he handed me one like a rich man gives millions to some poor child. It was nothing to the former, and to the latter he had no idea what to do with it. He cared that little.

How... how was I to continue?

I... I might as well give up here. The Makuta knew all. My strength. My weakness. My progress. He knew me better than I knew myself, and right now I was so messed up I could hardly think straight. There was no point in continuing this mad quest, the element of surprise gone. I had bought enough time for the Matoran; this was their quest anyway. They were the ones destined to defeat the Master of Shadows, not me. I just got his lap dog, and I couldn't even come close to touching him. I finally realized the how futile this quest was. Everything I had been building up, everything I had been working towards, my forced change of personality... vaporized.

I was the same loser I was before, only now I knew it.

I had thought the Temple of Courage had been the lowest point in my life; well, I had been wrong. Right here, right now, I found a new low, in the snow, standing across from probably the most powerful toa on the island. I wasn't special. I wasn't even unique. Heuani had read me like a book, down to the very last letter, and now I could see just how, well, yes, inept I was. I couldn't do anything right.

I didn't have the courage to face my friends half the time.

I couldn't even get into a temple properly, breaking in through the roof.

I often despised my teacher, bucking him at every possible minute.

I insulted and tried to woo every pretty girl I ran across.

I couldn't... I couldn't even be fair and fun around Cael.

I was nothing but a charade.

I was a nobody.

I was devastated.

I'm done.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Heuani, sword in hand, grinning. Pacing. Acting like a panther, wanting to pounce. This is what he was looking for, to break me down to a sniveling mass, a hopeless individual with no fight left. To play with me. Toy with my emotions. He could leave me here, devastated, wanting to curl up in a hole and never come out, unable to face my own failure, or simply end it now. He had the power. I could see the want in his eyes. It would be so easy for him to take that half step and end it all now. End the problem, no matter how insignificant I was. Remove the threat before I could in some way, some how, become more dangerous. Kill me where I stood. He had the power.

Yet... he didn't.

He made no move to kill me.

I stood there motionless, at the lowest point in my life, and yet I was still here. By all accounts, by all logic, even in my absolute ineptitude, it stood to reason that he would do something, anything, to stop me. Hand me the crystal, play some mind games, and then when I had hit rock bottom slit my throat, letting me wallow and die in the knowledge of my own weakness and stupidity. I mean even and absolute imbecile could get lucky and do something damaging, so why hand over for all practical purposes a weapon to an enemy? Why not just remove him from the game and be done with it? Why play games, tug at heartstrings, pull at emotions and egos if I was just going to die anyway? I mean, outside of some sort of sadistic pleasure.

Unless... that was the point.

The fire in me had died, chocked out my Heuani's words and actions. But as he stood there before me, a tiny spark ignited deep inside, a sudden realization among the oppressing thoughts of failure and fear. If I was a threat, why keep me alive. But if I was so inept that I could never even come close to harming him, why even bother? Why didn't Heuani simply grab some random stranger off the streets of Ta-Koro and mess with his head, then leave? No, the Makuta would never let his servants, especially one of such high ranking, do something so frivolous. This type of servant was reserved for only the greatest of needs and problems. Like Jaller showing up when all the other Guardsmen could not solve the issue. If the Captain was there, then things were serious. Getting real fast, or already had. If Heuani was here, messing with my head, then clearly there was something more going on than just a simple quest for some colored stones. My eyes narrowed, studying him closely. His overly-charismatic smile. His gait. His unearthly confidence. The way he held himself back. I... knew that look.

No, this wasn't Makuta's doing at all. It was his.

Slowly things began to click into place, hidden from my mind's eye until this moment. Everything I had ever heard about this toa was true, down to the letter. So why would he want me to finish this quest faster? Why hand me a crystal? Why not kill me? Why not end the threat to his master right here and now. Because he couldn't.

No, not couldn't; wouldn't. He didn't want to.

He saw something in me, and it wasn't my ineptitude. It was the exact opposite.

I was the only one who could provide a challenge.

Everything made so much sense, understanding rushing at me like an oncoming avalanche. Here before him was the only toa who understood the riddles and puzzles of the Temples, the only one (besides himself apparently) who had since their construction even been able to gain access. Not only was I doing what no other toa had done before, but I was resisting him. Yes, his mind games were having a devastating effect on my psyche, but unlike like Niici, or the precious few reports of those who survived an encounter, I was not enthralled. His ability to control and manipulate the mind was either ineffective or drastically reduced. I was special. The fact he was here was proof that I was not as inept as he claimed.

I was different.

And that look - now I knew. It was pride. Egotism. The absolute knowledge that he was the best and that no-one ever came close. Which meant every mission he ever went on was a cakewalk, even though important, completely underneath his talents and abilities. He craved a challenge, someone who could come close to his level, give him at least a fight, some honest entertainment for once, since he was head and shoulders above the rest. So he was here to speed up the process. He saw in me the possibility of a decent battle, and was impatient to get me to that point. He so craved the chance of a possible equal that he was willing to bend the rules of this game, to get me there faster, quickly get my abilities to their fullest. To have that fight. To defeat me and crow over that achievement, to prove once and for all not only the world, but to himself he truly was the best, the most powerful, the greatest.

It was his ego driving him.

I knew that feeling all to well, and I understood it perfectly. It takes one to know one.

I smiled. I smiled a great, big, wide smile.

I had his number.

With a thrust I shove it back at him, the crystal flying through the air with a decent amount of speed. Oh he caught it; deftly, swiftly, with class, but the surprise on his face was unmistakeable.

"Oh, Heuani, but that's cheating. And while I understand you're the type to use every underhanded trick in the book, you wouldn't cheat yourself. Not over something like this. Not over a chance to prove once and for all you're the best."

Whatever ability he had to shackle the body collapsed around me as I began to slowly move in an opposite circle around him. "I'm not as inept as you claim I am - your very presence here proves it. I applaud your mind games, and as devastatingly effective as they are, that's not the point: you want to speed up the process. You're here because you want me ready faster, for our destinies to intermingle at an earlier date. You know I can provide a challenge, but not yet. A challenge you crave for, as is everyone on this island is so beneath you... and somehow, in some cosmic way, I'm the guy to deliver it. But you're so eager to do it that you're bending the rules, and well, that's not right. How am I supposed to fight you fully prepared if I skip a lesson? I will be weaker and less of a toa for it, and you will have a lesser challenge out of it. Not as fulfilling a battle as you wish. Tell me, is it worth it? Worth cheating to get me there faster? Willing to gyp yourself over impatience? Your ego is impressive Heuani, I'll give you that."

I stopped, letting his mull over that for a moment. This was possibly the biggest gamble of my life, calling him out on his out abilities. Then again...

"Let's just say, friend, that it takes one to know one."

The truth in that was unmistakable.

OOC: Loki vs Stark, take two. Though I'm not sure which is which at this point :P

OOC: Well played.

IC:

Heuani hadn't matched Joske's childish circle-pacing; instead, the Toa of Shadow had stood still in his place and felt Joske's shadow as it orbited him. How easy it would be to use Joske's own shade to snap his neck, rend him into his separate parts, send him sailing into a sea of icicles... But Heuani didn't. Joske was, he could admit, perceptive; the Toa of Fire had been able to ascertain that the Toa of Shadow did not want him dead, not yet. But, typically for a Toa of Fire, he was playing that discovery as if it signified him to be the next godsend for the island. Heuani quickly fixed that bloated aura with a simple act of elemental power: Joske's shadow curled up from the ground a little out of his view and, having formed an unexpected ridge in the ground, made Joske trip and almost stumble face first into the snow. Heuani smiled to himself.

"'It takes one to know one,'" Heuani mused as Joske hastily recovered his posture. "I haven't heard that flick in a while, I can admit. Perhaps because it's a laughably juvenile one. Unfortunately for both of us, Joske, I don't think you do know me. How could you? The people who come to know me always die... If you want to know me, feel free to join that list." Heuani's face was blank, but something stirred around his lips. "In fact, you remind me of one such person. He's dead now, but he used to be like you; stubborn, idealistic, and pigheaded. You even look a bit like he did; well-built, attractive, proud..." He stared into Joske's eyes - the two Toa were almost identical in height, so neither could look down upon the other.

Heuani glanced again at the Crystal of Creation in his hand, and tilted his palm so that the thing fell into the snow, making a round indentation. "If you want to take this back to its temple in Po-Wahi and 'recover' it again there, be my guest; I won't be bothered to return it for you," he said. "There would be no point. I want you to have it, and I have no qualms about giving it. After all, I don't think you're being cheated out of a lesson today. My bite on your cheek is more of a lesson than any months of travel could possibly have given. I think I've shown you more than enough to 'educate' you today, Joske. So do yourself a favor and take that crystal before it's lost in these snows."

The flamberge was slid back into its place, and Heuani returned to the block of ice holding Niici. He looked down into the clear frame, whistled softly. "She's gorgeous," he said, grinning softly. "Really a pretty shape, I think. You're a lucky Toa, Joske, at least for now. There's no telling what kind of unfortunate hands you can be dealt in the world of romance. And believe me when I say that some hands are unbeatable." The Toa of Shadow smiled again knowingly to himself, moved behind the block, and bent down as if to look closer at Niici's frozen face. But when Joske rounded the icy prison to watch him, Heuani had already departed, leaving no trace but two cold footprints next to the block.

test2.png

IC:

Jokse stood there, left in the snow, with the figure of Nicii, clad in ice, her figure bent and frozen in place, a snapshot of her elegance. Almost like she was in the middle of a dance. But this moment, Joske had no eyes for her. His gaze was fixed upon that dark spot behind the prison created by Nicii's own power, where the little sunlight that made it through the overcast sky cast a small shadow at the base of the ice. The spot where the Toa of shadow had been only a heartbeat earlier. But now he was gone, as if he had never been there in the first place. And if it hadn't been for the crystal sitting in the snow nearby, he might as well have not been. But the proof of what had just happened was there. Joske continued to glare at the snow, still lost in his thoughts, processing the events that had jus transpired.

It wasn't until he thought he had perceived his name being called that he looked up. The voice had been at once been familiar, but like a whisper on the icy wind, cold and distant. At first it seemed as if it had been just his imagination, maybe his subconscious telling him to come back to the real world. He had things to do. Nicii had to be thawed up and he had to get back to the others with the crystal. But then he heard the call again and realized it had not been all in his head. It was very real, in fact. But the distance and the wind distorted it, warping it's sound until it seemed to be coming from a ghost, rather than from a living person.

Only as the owner of the voice closed the distance between himself and Joske did the message come across clean. Joske turned back around at the third sounding of the call. And now he saw who it was. The owner stood several dozen feet away, slightly obscured by the grey blanket of the snowfall, but it was easy enough to know who this was. The voice had been familiar after all. it was Agni, forcing his way through the snow, calling his name. A moment later the other Toa of fire spotted Joske. Using his Kualsi, he instantly covered the distance between them.

The veteran looked at Joske, then at the frozen form of Nicii, then at the crystal lying on the ground, trying to piece the scene together and coming up blank after searching for his student for the better part of the morning and mid-day, until now. As soon as Joske had left after getting the note at breakfast, Agni had been following him.

"I just don't like this." he had told Cael and Angelus as they has inquired as to where he was going. "The last time he ran off alone he took it up with a few of Makuta's best. I trust in his skills, but I don't trust random notes being delivered. We've either been followed or somebody here spread word as to where we are right now. Considering the pace we're moving at, how would anybody know where to find us, otherwise?"

With that, he had left Rhanus' inn as well and followed Joske's footsteps. That part was easy enough. You just need to follow the ones that are slightly deeper and with water at the bottom when looking for a Toa of fire in Ko-Wahi. And with his mask it had been easy to keep an eye on the kid without being seen, which was especially hard for somebody of his colour in this environment. It had been by that was that Agni had found out about Joske's 'guide' in the first place, watching the meeting between Joske and Nicii from above the building that had been sitting in front of. For all his growth in character, the former Kolhii-star still knew how to work his charm it seemed. Later he had followed the two to the female Toa's rather luxurious estate, where he had hidden behind several frozen trees.

But once the two had made their way into the mountains their trakcs had gotten lost. He couldn't risk following on foot whil staying within view, but out here, there was nothing to hide behind. And using his mask while the visibility was this poor meant there was no telling of where he would land. He could fixate a spot, teleport and vanish into a hidden ravine for all he knew. So he had taken the slow and careful approach, following the pairs footsteps and luckily enough, the flag left behind by Nicii. For the second time in two days, Agni had thanked the people of the mountains for their resourcefulness. But shortly after, things took a turn for the worse. Thick clouds were piling up on this side of the mountains and while there was no storm, the snowfall coated everything grey after a short distance, making it hard to tell where the horizon ended and the snowy drifts began. And with such little contrast, following the footprints had become almost impossible as well, until Agni had had no choice but to make himself heard. And now he was here.

He looked back from the crystal at Joske and suddenly grew very concerned. He knew the look on Joske's face. He had seen it before in Ga-Wahi after the first Ko-Koro adventure Joske had been on. And then later in Ta-Koro. He looked him in the eyes.

"What happened here?"

---------------------------------------------

Several miles away, back in the village of ice, the Matoran had had no time to recover, before the next surprise was on them already. Though if it was the good or the bad kind remained to be seen, as a flight of four Gukko landed, unannounced in the middle of the village, not an hour after the Turaga had been slain. The sanctum-guards that came running were met with a strange sight. Of course, groups of Toa were nothing too uncommon, but seven at once was not the most usual sight.

Rewera and Ravage gracefully slid out of the saddles of their bird, a kind and calm female Kahu, while the others did the same, though Draeverian had a much harder time getting the bird he and Aparagni had been given to sit still. Next to them, Kehua's massive frame hit the snow footfirst with a soft thud and Mariko and Tupua were just touching down. Rewera loked at Ravage as they were surrounded by a small group of curious onlookers and a few guards forming a perimeter. Nobdoy was going to take any chances today.

"Here we are again." she said, calmly. Ravage nodded. Aparangi stepped past her, eyeing the guards wearily as he stood in front of the group. Looking back over his shoulder he asked Rewera: "They seem to be expecting trouble."

"No." Tupua said coldly, joining the group followed by Mariko. "Trouble has already found them. Our arrival is merely ill-timed."

Aparangi rolled his eyes. He respected Tupua, but he did not like to be corrected. With determination, he stepped forward, facing the guards. "We need to speak with your elder. We have an important message for him. Please show us the way."

There was something in the Matorans eyes for a second, but it was gone again quickly. They still stood there at the ready, not acknowledging the dark Toas words before them.

"Did you not hear me?" Aparangi asked. "We..." But a hand on his shoulder stopped him. Wordlessly, Tupua stepped past him, shoving his scythe into Aparangis hands together with his coat. Kehua looked on curiously. It was rare for the necromancer to take off his coat, much less in a situation like this. The tall Toa walked until he stood before the speartips of the sanctum-guard, then knelt down before them, while maintaining eye-contact. They stoically met his gaze, which was just as cold. Then he began to draw smybols on the ground, quickly and quietly. Rewera could see they were Matoran letters, but after each line was completed, Tupua wiped it away and started over. Eventually he stopped and looked back up the guards. Remaining silent, they nodded and lowered the spears, stepping back. Tupua stood up again, walking back to Aparangi, taking his belongings back from the rather frustrated-looking leader and slipped it back on again.

Rewera could hear Kehua lean in and whisper a question to his brother. "How'd you do that?" he asked quietly.

Tupua remained as emotionless as always, but Rewera thought she heard a hint of amusement as he replied.

"You just need to know when to ask to politely."

"I suppose the manner of the asking plays a role as well." Mariko added. Tupua nodded quietly then nodded at the guards. "They're waiting for us, they will lead us to Matoro."

"Not to the Turaga?" Mariko asked, a bit surprised.

Tupua quietly shook his head as the guards lead them through the quiet village. "Something has happened...the Turaga lies dead." Behind the Aitua, Rewera could hear Draeverian gasp.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Gaira – Home – Ko-Koro

The news hit Gaira swiftly and brutally, as it did her butler.

Turaga Nuju was dead.

Gaira herself was never particularly fond of the Turaga, keeping a hold over the village that would only serve to gradually but inevitably put the Cultured Gentry out of their metaphorical throne. The members of the club hardly got a say in the goings on of the Ko-Koro ruling class, but with Nuju gone, many upper-level Gentry members were already buzzing about possibly taking the seat, and finalizing their grip on the working class.

Gaira sat at her desk, a dark, wooden masterpiece that featured many ornate inscriptions and decorative carvings. As one would expect, the items on the surface of the desk were neatly sorted; papers concerning budget, current events, status of the Adoption plan, and many other reports were grouped, and they lined the edge of the large desk.

Behind her, stood the butler, having just finished relaying the news.

“We need to schedule a conference with Niici at once,” Gaira said, her voice high-pitched and cultured, but not shrill, “We must move quickly”

“I’m afraid Niici is still on holiday, madam,” the Ko-Koronan butler replied, “In fact, I believe she is currently on a date with a Ta-Toa traveler”

The Kolhii star, Gaira immediately thought. The elderly Ga-Matoran was too proper to curse, even in her mind, but if that was not the case, she would have. She was the one who brought Joske’s arrival to Niici’s attention.

She felt bad having to cut if short, but this was business, and this line of work waited for no one.

The Cultured Gentry officer gathered her things and put on her thickest coat.

“Do you have the slightest idea where she went?” Gaira asked the butler.

“I don’t know,” the butler replied regretfully, “Perhaps you should ask her butler”

“I shall,” Gaira replied. In less than a minute, she was out the door.

Niici’s Home – Ko-Koro

“The Temple of Peace?!” Gaira exclaimed, wondering if the Toa had gone mad.

“That’s what she mumbled before she hurried out the door,” Niici’s butler said, shrugging his shoulders, “I wish I could be more specific, but I have no idea where it is”

“I do,” Gaira replied, “I’m the one who told her, after all. Turaga are often hushed about such things for reasons I don’t comprehend – I had to practically wrestle it out of Matoro all those years ago”

“A note to keep in mind, but your party is in charge,” the butler said. Gaira and this butler were clearly thinking on the same wavelength, and she nodded in agreement.

“Thank you for your help, I will let you get back to your duties,” Gaira said, rising from the sofa, “Take care”

With that, Gaira made her way to the now crowded-with-guards Sanctum. With Matoro the only one left in a commanding position, Gaira found that she had elevated just that much more up the political ladder. She was able to gain clearance into the Sanctum with no troubles.

IC

"What happened here?"

Yes, what HAD happened here?

For the last several minutes I had been living moment-to-moment, not really think, just reacting. There was no way you could prepare for an encounter like that, no way at all, let alone process it. I... I...

"What happened here?!"

The shake on my shoulder was violent, but it did snap me out of it. Agni knew the effects of shock when he saw it, made worse by the deteriorating conditions and the dropping temperature. My breaths became deeper as I regained control of myself.

"What happened... what happened is that we need to free Niici!"

Before Agni could say another word I dashed to the side, diving into the snow to snatch the slowly sinking crystal. I managed to snag it before it sank too low, pulling it out of the wet and sticky now, half of it still heavily covered in the white stuff. Holding it up I noticed it was significantly heavier than the others, no doubt due to the fact it came from the stone region. I hastily cleaned it, trying to get as much as the snow off as I could, when I felt something smooth and circular fly off amid the white chunks. My reflexes didn't fail me as I snatched it mid-air. My eyes bulged slightly.

It was the Charm of Willpower.

How fitting.

"JOSKE! She's not melting!"

Putting both away I whirled around to see Agni fruitlessly torching the living sculpture of Niici, only dribbles of water indicating any sort of progress, dribbles that froze halfway down due to the cold. I rushed at her in the deepening snow, throwing my hands on the thick coating of ice that encased her.

I sensed little heat.

Agni could as well, but at a distance, both of us dreadfully concerned. He had showed me early on that Toa were NOT immune to their own element, just highly resistant; stories say that Turaga Vakama would chastise Toa Tahu for lava surfing, knowing that if he fell in that would be the end of Tahu. The level of resistance depended on the type of toa, but there was a point with each that enough of their own element COULD overpower them. Ko-Toa were among the most resilient to their power, but even they were living creatures, and thus produced, and therefore required, some heat to operate. The heat she was giving off inside the block was practically nothing. She was nearly frozen solid to the core.

And the ice itself was colder than usual. Colder even than Utu's and I considered him to be pretty potent. This was Deep Freeze ice, and I didn't know if the two of us could melt it in time.

The thought of a innocent bystander getting killed because of my mission terrified me.

My hands instinctively went for the hardest object it could find, and the only thing remotely strong on my body were the crystals. Grabbing the Crystal of Courage I began to pound on the ice, willing it to break. Had I been thinking I would have never done such an act, fearful that I might break the very stone essential to my mission. A life in the balance though was more important than any quest, so I banged away.

click click clack

I moved faster.

"Joske- "

click clack click

I threw all my might into the futile effort.

"Joske-!"

click clack CRACK

I froze, feeling the stone lurch forward slightly, watching as it embedded itself slightly into the ice. Within the block I could see hairline fractures shoot down about an inch or so, the only real progress made since we started.

It was enough.

"AGNI! Hands of the crystal and give me all you got! NOW!"

He did not hesitate. Both of us slapped our hands on the stone, funneling our collective, furious, fiery might into the tiny fissure I had created, the Crystal of Courage our conduit. At first nothing happened, but slowly, then at a quicker pace, a spider-web of red streaks and fissures criss-cossed through the block, surrounding Niici's body. I could feel the ice begin to soften, water condensing on all surfaces-

"PUSH!" Agni cried, and the two of us forced the crystal down, giving one final assault with out elemental powers. The hiss and whine was incredible as the snow vortexed around us, the heat and flame starved for air to fuel its progress. There was the sound of creaking, a moaning, then the sound of a thousand vases shattering as Niici's icy cage disintegrated, showering all three of us with warm water that began to freeze almost immediately. Her lithe frame, up until now suspended in ice, collapsed heavily in my arms as I fell to my knees in the snow, a sudden gasp escaping her lips as she breathed for the first time in probably an eternity. She began to tremble, but it wasn't out of fear or exhaustion: it was the cold. She was doing so uncontrollably, her metal skin feeling colder than the ice that had surrounded it. I poured my heat into her in an attempt to warm her core, but it was like trying to melt a lake in the middle of winter.

Still, the effect was immediate, if not sobering; she now was shivering significantly less, but still uncontrollably. I pulled her close as I struggled to my knees.

"Agni," I gasped, tired from my massive usage of my element. "Get to the mansion, warn the butler we're coming. I'll be right behind you."

I figured he knew where it was; if he had been here right when I needed him, he must have been following me for most of the day, and thus knew where she lived. He also must have figured out my plan for as I looked up I saw his red body meld into the wind, only a whisper of flakes to signify his passage. Bending to one knee I lifted her torso over my left shoulder, then with effort I slung her legs over my head and down the other, her body now effectively in a fireman's carry. It was difficult to get to my knees, still under the effects of shock, tired, added weight, and with the storm getting worse it was struggle to get up.

Come on, come on...

The moment I was up I activated my Kakama, willing my legs to move. For the second time in a week I found myself struggling against the cold and snow to move, lives on the line as I picked up speed, the world beginning to blur as I started to race across the wastes, Niici on my back. I thanked Mata-Nui that she had left a trail of flags, my feet now light and nimble under the effect of my Kanohi...

"What do you mean she's frozen!?"

The butler stared at Agni is disbelief, and had the situation not been so dire he would have agreed; when was the last time you heard of a Ko-Toa freezing to death? Luckily for him he did not have to explain himself, for at that moment the massive double doors that boasted the grandiose entryway flew open, and my body materialized, Niici hanging limply over my shoulders. Heavily I dropped to a knee, carefully letting her down to the carpeted floor. Without another word the butler whisked her away, and for the first time for what seemed like forever I took a breath.

I fell to all fours, panting, shivering slightly, but relieved. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and there was Agni's reassuring face near mine.

"I did it." I smiled weakly.

Agni simply nodded.

OOC: worry not, she just needs to be thawed out a bit, and she'll be as good as new! Er, well, maybe with a slight cold :P I mean, the Mask of Disruption messes with powers, so I don't see it as a normal freezing... ;)

IC:

After the effort of the past hour, Joske sank to all fours. He looked pretty roughed up, but not physically. All things considered, aside from a gash on the cheek with frozen blood on it, there was nothing physically wrong, except a lack of warmth. Angi knelt down beside him. The young Toa weakly smiled back at his mentor.

"I did it." he said. Agni simply nodded, then gently grabbed Joske around the arm and helped him back up. "Yes you did." he said, calmly. He looked around the room, spotting a chaiselongue in the adjascent room of the extremely luxurious house. He directed Joske to the comfortable piece of furniture, where he sat him down. Agni remained standing however, arms crossed. Joske sighed as he realized what the pose meant. Lecture incoming in three...two..one...

"Only question now is...what exactly was it that you did?" Agni asked, concerned.

Joske's eyebrows shot up. No lecture then. That was a first. His mentore looked at him, questioningly, but not judging. Joske realized the veteran was slipping into detective mode. He wanted answers, facts, pieces of a puzzle he didn't understand yet. He needed the missing pieces to fill in the blank portions of the image he had seen. Niici frozen, Joske himself, the crystal...the crystal!

"Did you bring it with you?!" Agni suddenly asked, alarmed. Joske looked surprised, then his eyes widenend in shock. He started patting himself down rapidly and sighed with releif when he felt the weight of the object in his stachel next to his thigh. He nodded. Apparently he'd instinctively pocketed the stone when he had picked up Niici. Good. Agni would have hated to teleport out to that place again to retrieve it.

With that out of the way, Agni resumed his stoic pose, looking Joske in the eyes. "Alright then, with that out of the way...what the Karzhani happened out there? First you go on a blind date with one of Ko-Koro's crème de la crème to get to the temple - and yes I overheard you talking - and the next she's in a prison of her own element, the crystal we came for is right in front of you for some reason and you're off to Thought-Koro. I hope you can understand that I feel like I am missing some pieces here."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Lavist

He climbs Mount Ihu trying to find Ko-Koro in a blizzard.

"How do they expect me to find them in this weather. I heard they have a Muaka problem, might as well take care of it."

A loud roar rips through the air. He suddenly sees a dark figure in the distance.

"Finally, someone who can direct me."

As he looks closer he sees that the creature is moving towards him. It is the Muaka. He takes out his sword, ready to fight.

"Well at least I don't have to find it any more."

He dashes in attacking it with just one strike. The Muaka falls to the ground. He carries it to the outskirts of the village, and leaves it there.

"Now all I need to do now is find Ko-Koro, and I'll be on my way.

(Sorry it took me so long to do this. I didn't know where to start)

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Mambo.

Mambo had lost his mind. He had been wandering in the drifts, starving, catching rahi to keep himself alive for quite some time now. Just as he was about to reach the edge of the drifts, he passed out from hunger. He lay motinless, his green armor standing out from the white snow.

OOC: Open for interaction.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

IC:

Kriegero was trekking in the drifts when she happened upon a body of a Green being. She wasn't sure if it was a corpse or just some imbecile who wanted to die of hypothermia. The Ko-Matoran used the blunt end of her spear to poke the body lightly.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC:

Kreigero took a step back as the stranger awoke and she flipped her spear around so the point was facing the probably insane person. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Mambo.

Mambo started walking towards the matoran like a Muaka stalking its prey. Suddenly, using the mask of illusion, the Toa's body turned a pale white. Muscles bulged out from his arms and legs, and his hands turned into sharp claws. Then, the Toa's head looked as if it had been sucked into his body, and two beady black, lidless eyes opened on each shoulder. A large, shark-like mouth opened on his torso, revealing rows of sharp, white teeth. He looked like an albino, headless, muscular monster with his face on his chest. While this was all mearly an illusion, he looked very frightening. He held his spiked sword in hand, or claw as it seemed, and was ready to pounce on the matoran.

IC:

Kreigero watched the transformation occur. There was almost no doubt to her this was an illusion (No rahi were like that!), but to confirm her suspicions, she quickly scooped up a handful of snow and threw it at Mambo. Some of the Powder-like dust went through the non-physical parts the illusion had made. She continued to back away, although slightly faster than before.

IC: Mambo

Mambo ignored the snow, and continue approaching the matoran. Speaking through the false mouth, he said:

"You say you have no food, but what are you? What? Are you scared? Are you afraid I will kill you? Well, I won't. Not yet. I may be hungry, but I am no fool. Run home, little Matoran. Run home to your nice warm little hut, with all your little friends. But tell them this: I am hungry. And I will feed."

Edited by Toa Of Virtues