Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I will create a new character or three tomorrow. I've got six characters (four of which are Toa) in the works currently, plus a submission for Gluttony that I still have to write. All this talk of Marks has got me interested in making a Mark-bearer of my own, as well, though that character won't come for a while.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

What are those "Mark-bearers" people keep talking about?

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=121&view=findpost&p=146801

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Just a reminder, Hound and Co are open for interaction in Ga-Koro, where they are having a shouting match. Sure to attract attention.

If you would care to look at the post above your post I'm quoting, your questions would be answered Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Hey, everyone my chars are interacting with:I'll have no Internet Access until Sunday afternoon, as I'll be attending the New Orleans Comic-con. Sorry for any inconvenience this will cause. As a side edit, I'll be making a mark bearer. Maybe. At some point. In the FUTURE.FUTURE NOISES

Edited by Baron Stabbington

Hey Nuju.Not much. They're discussing Mark Bearers and I was getting the pulse on an event I was planning to set up. I'll hit you with the details later. You have been volunteered to assist in this event.

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

Do please note that my newest character, Auron (profile links should be in my sig) is in some form of stasis at the moment from his arrival in Ga-Wahi. Due to transportation faults, he is in stasis, and cannot reactivate by himself. Just a heads up.

I love being ignored. </sarcasm> Edited by AuRon the champion

I'm working a Mark Bearer design, but I need some opinions on my idea.I was going for Serenity/Confusion. How does that sound?-Void

What I don't like about that is that it leaves Calm/Excitement in a rather precarious place...'Serenity' is a bit too close to 'Calm' for my liking.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I think it could work, if done right. Or maybe I'm just in need of help, seeing as my Mb is stuck in a street half-dead. XDThen again, confusion could be radically awesome.Your character is confused! His mark activated in his confusion!

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I see where you're coming from, but this is my interpretation.Calm, countering excitement would be like being at a normal level of control, or something along those lines.Serenity, countering confusion, would be more like being in a state of bliss, or a state of understanding.Well, at least that's what I think it is. I could (and based on past experience, probably am) wrong. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Seriously guys? Why so many Mark Bearers?I know I'm not one to talk, as I'm planning on having a Mark Bearer, but in my defence, I've been planning that since before the downtime.Try making a Merfolk, or a Mystix, or an Iroiit.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

Seriously guys? Why so many Mark Bearers?I know I'm not one to talk, as I'm planning on having a Mark Bearer, but in my defence, I've been planning that since before the downtime.Try making a Merfolk, or a Mystix, or an Iroiit.

...Or an Akrainid.Tbh, I don't see anything wrong with the influx of non-canon stuff in dudes. Especially not with the Marks. It's high time for them to get some recognition.Neither do I see why we need try making any of the above. Why should those making Mark Bearers give it up and make a Merfolk if they don't have any ideas for Merfolk?

[Profiles]

...Or an Akrainid.Tbh, I don't see anything wrong with the influx of non-canon stuff in dudes. Especially not with the Marks. It's high time for them to get some recognition.Neither do I see why we need try making any of the above. Why should those making Mark Bearers give it up and make a Merfolk if they don't have any ideas for Merfolk?
I don't mind when a certain Custom thing get's used a lot. But people should at least space out the introductions of the MB.What's an Akrainid?

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

A custom species made by Razgriz the Dovahkiin. You can find them in his profiles (they're on the first page).I agree about that. As Onarax said, this is meant to be mysterious (not like i know anything but amnesia about getting it kinda sounds like mystery to me).Speaking of Raz: All dudes interacting with his chars, I find it only fair to warn you that he is on the verge of totally quitting all RPGs he's involved in on BZP- including this one. He'll post if he definitely does...But for now, I'd assume them inactive and move on.

Edited by Pein

[Profiles]

Don't forget the LesterinAnd yeah as I've already stated, could people please slow down the introduction of the MarkBearers. Just overnight we went from 4 MBs who had slowly trickled in over a period of Months(one of whom wasn't even seen as a character yet), too, if my count is correct, 7 that's nearly double. A bit extreme for my taste, especially considering how these guys and there Marks are supposed to project an Aura of mystery.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

It's the "New Thing" wave. It's similar to "Oh Look, A Plotline!" Syndrome.Understand this is the faulty part of sandbox gaming. A sudden lack of content (IE: Staff Plot comes to a standstill) creates a vacuum in which players with nothing to do are suddenly left grasping for said content.Enter in player created content. (IE: Mark Bearers)This content fills the vacuum. Since a majority of the players are more looking for things to do instead of creating things which are left to the minority that actually develops this stuff, everybody want to try out the new toy.Result: Large Influx of Mark Bearers.However character creation can only go so far so eventually it will die down and people will be looking for the next thing to try once again creating a vacuum that only content can fill.Understand however that this new content needs to be introduced properly. The Mark Bearers were introduced as mysterious creations that nobody really knows too much about, it's creator in this case has withheld the correct information that needs to be introduced later in a storyline quest content. That's why they're so popular, it has the potential for long term content.That and they didn't get their rears curb stomped like the Mysitx did and got more publicity than both the Merfolk and the Akrainid going on. All three compared to the Mark Bearers have no interesting quest plot lines to discover more, hence the sudden increase in popularity for the MB.Kudos for Microsnipe for a superb execution of content release. Though I am unsure you realized what you were doing at the time.

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

What is your assertation of the Island Liberation Squad, then, Kalama? Just wondering. :)It doesn't break established lore, it is quest potential for any type of character, and it has had both success and hardships in its history so far. (This is an advertisment!)