Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

GIVE THEM TO NEX.Also, Lorax, what happened with Hatann and Kaerhi? I'm lost with them.
They went inactive for a while due to both Bane and I becoming less active due to real life and the three new RPGs. Both Rockosis and Hatann have recently made posts, however, so they should be all set to get going again.
Ah, okay.

WIP

Hey there people, I hope you've survived a few days without me. Anything important happen since then? It looks like the weekend was relatively slow.
Just a new Markbearer and things of the sort. If you didn't know this already, Ko-Koro was bombed so-to-say.Also, we're waiting a response from Agni in Ga-Wahi if ya' don't mind.-Mef Edited by Mef Man

For popular education: breaking a sword is the nonviolent and sadly worthless in actual warfare way to end a duel.... and highly rife to the risk of breaking your own sword in the process.Bane, if you let Cylund succeed, have his sword break too. Letting you. That's realistic, considering how prone to breaking medieval swords were.-Dovydas

Edited by Tsar Dovydas

Grr; stay on topic! Ima spam police!-Mef
Actually, no. Ima spam police. Dov, Pie, you are straying a bit. Swords are relevant, the fashion habits if real world noblemen are not.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I'm not willing to let this fight end just yet. I'll edit to make the dagger break, but I'lm having too much fun right now.Edit: oh, that. Is the blade locked in place? because I'll move it otherwise. So you want me to auto-hit his blade into breaking?Besides, read Reton's bio. He is a bit of a nobleman.-GB

Edited by Grochi's Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

It's actually frightening how close to the truth we are, considering noblemen were generally the dudes who wanted to stand out from the crowd just because they were born into nobility.
Or, you know, because it's one of the most versatile weapons in existence (you can use it for slashing and thrusting.). There's a reason it was used by the dedicated warriors in regions on opposite sides of the planet from each other. ;)/backontopic: Anyone else think we should have night happen in Pala-Koro soonish? Edited by BenLuke-116

Okay, so we have the time just about settled. Let's all just slowly incorporate the time changing to nighttime as we go I guess.And, if anyone needs/wants interaction in Le-Wahi, Ta-Wahi, or Po-Wahi, I'm about to have characters in these areas. I have one open for interaction in Ta-Wahi and I'm working on the rest in the other Wahis...-Mef

Actually, you don't need any programming skills. LL did something like this with his Torch posts back in Techna. Every post, he would write down the time (for his character), and the post after that, he would move the time forward according to what happened in the posts between the past and the current post.Trust me, it makes a lot more sense than I'm making it out to be.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Actually, you don't need any programming skills. LL did something like this with his Torch posts back in Techna. Every post, he would write down the time (for his character), and the post after that, he would move the time forward according to what happened in the posts between the past and the current post.Trust me, it makes a lot more sense than I'm making it out to be.-Void
Let's just keep it for the ILS only though. I remember Tuck doing this and it ruined all of my plots. :P One second it was nighttime when I say hello, then by the time the other person says hello it's midday.-Mef

Let's just keep it for the ILS only though. I remember Tuck doing this and it ruined all of my plots. :P One second it was nighttime when I say hello, then by the time the other person says hello it's midday.-Mef
Heck yes.I mean, I'd hate to see Sulov enter the Le-Wahi jungle and exit in a few IG hours under the assumption that he's built a hut and killed loads of rahi. BZPRPG Time has its place in timeskipping like that. Edited by Joshua L. Chamberlain

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I like BZPTime.It makes things do convenient. When you need it to be night, it can be night. Or day.And there is a way to explain it. Each group is at a different point in the time stream. All relatively close, but not the same. When two groups meet, it is a point where their time momentarily matches. When they split, they'll be at different points again.It works just fine, as long as it is done well, and members of the same group match.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So...you're for BZPRPG time? I feel a bit confused by the post, Mangz, for some reason... A bit too tired I guess. :P-Mef
BZPRPG Time is what the game is using and has been for all its seasons. Essentially, different chars pass time differently. An example is how Sulov Koskium went through three days in the OOG time Kriigata went through nearly a year. Characters can feasibly cover stuff offscreen or have their lives followed and explored in great detail. Its relativity can be a problem, but it gives tons of power to players that allows for plot lines moving at different rates and whatnot.The kind of universal thing you are talking about isn't as flexible. It does hurt the brain less to ponder its nature (that is assuming you don't like krayzikk's explanation on how it works), but it also doesn't allow for as much freedom iyam. Hence my opposition to it. Edited by Joshua L. Chamberlain

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

It makes sense. For example, I don't think Tyler and Snelly are going to drop their characters offline for 9 months if Emotia has children (Not saying that they ever will, this is hypothetical) but they might timeskip. Then they reappear, intersect, and we have freedom of movement.Also, does anyone know if Kal handed Vitiate off to someone for the time being?-GB

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles