which bionicle had the best luck

I really enjoyed the topic which bionicle had the worst luck so i decided to make this one. Personally i have to say it would be the barakii and all their fellow prisoners. They got sentenced to an enternity in prison yet they got out scot free on sm. They had some bad luck in the begining but i think that cancelled it out. They pretty much got off scot free.

So what do you guys think.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

It's hard to say who is really lucky in the Bionicle Universe... Everyone in the story has something bad happen to them, be it mutation, amnesia, backstabbing "friends", getting thrown into space, or having to deal with Vezon for more than a few seconds at a time :P

Due to an earlier topic I think we can deduce that it isn't anyone green, ironically enough.

Though in all seriousness, Tahu seemed to get very lucky at the end.

• Upvote 1

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Mavrah, because of the whole Red Star thing.

Really, anyone that died is lucky because the magical cop-out that is the Red Star.

I'm not sure Marvah appreciates being stuck in a satellite with a bunch of Kestora who think Matoran dissection is an option, and a bunch of Visorak, Sidorak, and other Rahi and possibly Dark Hunters who have all been driven crazy by dying and coming back. I think that might count as bad luck.

Due to an earlier topic I think we can deduce that it isn't anyone green, ironically enough.

I don't know: Lewa always was saved from whatever predicament his impulsiveness landed him into. That could count as good luck.

*cough* Tahu is no longer Nuva. *cough*

• Upvote 1

Mavrah, because of the whole Red Star thing.

Really, anyone that died is lucky because the magical cop-out that is the Red Star.

I'm not sure Marvah appreciates being stuck in a satellite with a bunch of Kestora who think Matoran dissection is an option, and a bunch of Visorak, Sidorak, and other Rahi and possibly Dark Hunters who have all been driven crazy by dying and coming back. I think that might count as bad luck.

I don't know: Lewa always was saved from whatever predicament his impulsiveness landed him into. That could count as good luck.

*cough* Tahu is no longer Nuva. *cough*

True, but now he has those sweet Rahkshi Powers… between having nuva-control over elements or having at least half a dozen Rahkshi powers (couldn't have all been Heat Vision Rahkshi, right?)… I'd choose them Rahkshi powers :P

I agree that both Takanuva and Vezon have had their share of good luck. Takanuva managed to "wing it" throughout his entire life, be it from being able to merge with Teridax and save his people, to returning home with an awesome new weapon after being both ambushed and accidentally sent to several different dimensions. During the events of Dark Mirror Alt!Lesovikk appeared to save him from rogue Toa, and he even gains the ability to fly from Alt!Krika. By the time he arrives in Karda Nui, he is actually better fit for the job than he would have been had he be sent there directly.

(Of course, if alternate dimensions weren't a thing Greg would probably just have him acquire the Power Lance elsewhere, as it was in the set already. His ability to fly could have come by Arthaka's invention, like the Nuva's armor.)

When he was still Takua he had his share of luck as well. On several occasions he is saved from harm by the timely arrival of a Toa or other ally. In the MNOG, Gali saves him and the Ga-Matoran from the Tarakava that pops up after Takua raises the sunken hut. Pohatu helps him with the Nui-Jaga in Po-Wahi, while Onua arrives just when it all seems hopeless inside the Nui-Rama hive. Matoro (and then Kopaka) saves him in the Drifts after he passes out in the blizzard. In Mask of Light, Tahu picks him up seconds before Takua's about to become lava-bones at the start. Kopaka revives just in time to save him from three Rahkshi, and Lewa swoops in when Kuhrak's about to go medieval on the guy.

In short: Takua/Takanuva has been caught in a real bad situation many times, but then gotten out of it through the sudden arrival of someone or something which he had no control over.

• Upvote 1

I'd say Mata Nui was pretty lucky in the end. :) Sure he got put to sleep, and sure he died, and got exiled, but all things considered, Makuta "helped" him fix SM again, random moon comes along taking out his enemy, just in the nick of time, cuz Mata Nui's robot was pretty beat up at the time. Then he was able to heal the planet after it was fixed... so yeah. :D

True, but now he has those sweet Rahkshi Powers… between having nuva-control over elements or having at least half a dozen Rahkshi powers (couldn't have all been Heat Vision Rahkshi, right?)… I'd choose them Rahkshi powers :P

It was confirmed that there was other Rahkshi there, although Greg did say that not all 42 were there, but there was quite a lot. (although if I ever were to write the story, I'd make it simple and say yes Tahu has all 42. Just cuz it'd be epic. B-)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Greg's favourites. Unfortunately.

Can you give some examples? I see no particular way in which this is the case. Let's start with his favorite three: Kopaka, Vezon, and Teridax. Kopaka may not have been chronically unlucky, but was he anymore lucky than Tahu, Onua, Pohatu, or Gali? Nor would I say that Vezon was constantly lucky. Let's see: He is fused to a spider and thus forced to guard the Mask of Life. He travels down the stone cord and is captured by Zyglak, only to be rescued and captured by the Order Mata Nui, for whom he is made to perform two highly dangerous missions. He then winds up fused to a Kanohi Olmak, a walking dimensional gateway with no control over his own power. Finally he is employed by a mad Great Being to aid in somehow lifting a curse of the Ignika. This last one does admittedly give him an opportunity to at least shut down his Olmak, but I would hardly call it a stroke of luck.

As for Teridax, he had his fair share of luck, but again, was he anyhow luckier than the heroes who brought about his defeat?

Now, for Greg's other favorites:

Greg's favorite Dark Hunter, Lariska: Not really. She accidentally causes her organization to lose the Toa-Dark Hunter War. She requires a mechanical arm because of being punished by the Shadowed One. She gets recruited into a highly dangerous mission to recover Makuta Miserix. The only real stroke of luck on her part that I can think of is here rescue from Exo-Toa at the hands of Onua.

Greg's favorite Matoran of 2007, Sarda: His luck seems to balances itself out. He is captured by Pridak and thrown to Takea sharks... Only to be rescued by Lesovikk... Only to be mutated into a water breather and menaced by Karzahni...Only for he, Lesovikk, and Idris to defeat Karzahni (who'd had his mind ravaged by Makuta.)

Greg's favorite Piraka, Zaktann: Being a mutant who can't be killed by the Shadowed One's disintegration beams is lucky. Being a pawn of Makuta is not. Nor is being turned into a sea-snake by mutagenic waters. Yes, he survived Makuta's shattering of his water-globe, but only due to the aforementioned luck of being a mutant.

Greg's favorite Baraki, Takadox: His luck doesn't seem better than that of his compatriots. Sure, he was hired by the Order for a mission none of the others, save Carapar, were, but this was more for his abilities and personality. Yes, he used said mission as a means of escape, but the other surviving Baraki got to lead armies, and keep them.

Greg's favorite Phantoka Makuta, Mutran: I can't see how he is luckier than the other Makuta. On the contrary, it was his chancing upon Icarax's fight with Gorast and Vamprah that ensured that he was killed in an energy storm.

Greg's favorite Mistika, Krika: He was mutated by swamp waters, resulting in him loosing many of his powers and requiring heat to remain tangible. Together with Icarax, he almost stopped the Plan, but the latter was killed thanks to the inopportune arrival of Mutran. Krika was then killed by Gorast. Not a particularly lucky fellow.

I simply don't see this exceptional abundance of luck that Greg's favorites purportedly have.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat
  • Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Your points about most of Greg's favorites are accurate. However, your analysis of Vezon is not. It is true that he was carried off by Zyglak and sent on two suicide missions. However, he survives all of this. That in itself is incredibly lucky. Furthermore, with regards to the Olmak-fusing and meeting the mad GB, Vezon doesn't seem particularly inconvenienced by that. He doesn't have much of a plan, so they could hardly be considered setbacks. If anything, each of these was a gift that dropped in his lap: with the power of the Olmak at his command, he's one of the most powerful beings around, and with a mad GB for an ally, he's more dangerous than ever.

I agree with everything else, however.

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Your points about most of Greg's favorites are accurate. However, your analysis of Vezon is not. It is true that he was carried off by Zyglak and sent on two suicide missions. However, he survives all of this. That in itself is incredibly lucky. Furthermore, with regards to the Olmak-fusing and meeting the mad GB, Vezon doesn't seem particularly inconvenienced by that. He doesn't have much of a plan, so they could hardly be considered setbacks. If anything, each of these was a gift that dropped in his lap: with the power of the Olmak at his command, he's one of the most powerful beings around, and with a mad GB for an ally, he's more dangerous than ever.

I agree with everything else, however.

Fair enough. I suppose I should have thought Vezon's exploits over some more. The only point over which I disagree still is the first suicide mission. Most of the group survived, so his luck there wasn't exclusive to him.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)