OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Eh... I look forward to reading Greg's explanation on how this new universe fits into the Bionicle "multiverse". From what I can gather from the video, both "Makuta" (Teridax) and "Ekimu" (Mata Nui replacement) are asleep, so that's new... but what's the deal with the Protectors? Where do the Toa fit into all this? Is there even anyone else on Okoto? Is Okoto on Aqua Magna? Is Mata Nui still a giant robot hidden under the sea? Too many questions that I hope to be answered soon...

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

I'm interested to see where they go with having TWO powerful being slumbering, and what's going to happen should they wake up.

Obviously, it would be stupid if the new line's climax was TWO giant robots under the island waking up, so I doubt it's going to be like the previous twist.

Eh... I look forward to reading Greg's explanation on how this new universe fits into the Bionicle "multiverse". From what I can gather from the video, both "Makuta" (Teridax) and "Ekimu" (Mata Nui replacement) are asleep, so that's new... but what's the deal with the Protectors? Where do the Toa fit into all this? Is there even anyone else on Okoto? Is Okoto on Aqua Magna? Is Mata Nui still a giant robot hidden under the sea? Too many questions that I hope to be answered soon...

I'd imagine Greg would say something about you making too many assumptions about this story based on the previous story.
Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 6

Er, sorry, Tahu and "Whoever that white Toa on the boxart is who has what looks to be an Akaku". :P

No, I can't really see any sort of mask attachment... not even the side clips the Mask of Creation appears to have. But it's probably the weird angle the mask is at that makes looking for an attachment hard tho. I have a feeling it has side clips as well.

i dont know much about the way masks/helmetes have been fitting to the sets lately , but i noticed something sort of interesting?

there's a little ridge on the roof (?) of the mask, and i'm assuming thats hau the mask fits onto the heads

tumblr_nd6s399N401rnwaw3o1_500.png

• Upvote 2

bionicle_logo_compressed.png?l.r=-186523

Obviously, it would be stupid if the new line's climax was TWO giant robots under the island waking up, so I doubt it's going to be like the previous twist.

The Island already exists prior to THE GREAT NAP, which is a good start.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 9

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Er, sorry, Tahu and "Whoever that white Toa on the boxart is who has what looks to be an Akaku". :P

No, I can't really see any sort of mask attachment... not even the side clips the Mask of Creation appears to have. But it's probably the weird angle the mask is at that makes looking for an attachment hard tho. I have a feeling it has side clips as well.

i dont know much about the way masks/helmetes have been fitting to the sets lately , but i noticed something sort of interesting?

there's a little ridge on the roof (?) of the mask, and i'm assuming thats hau the mask fits onto the heads

tumblr_nd6s399N401rnwaw3o1_500.png

Ice see what you did there.

Akaku.png

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I like this style- it reminds me of Mixels. And Mixels are awesome! I'd like to see how they carry the epic feel in an animation style used for comedy. It'll be good, I'm sure. Aaaand my grammar is dying from hype..

It's not quite like the mixels; it's not as exaggerated as them, and I'd say there's a 99% chance nobody's shoving ice cream up their butt in Bionicle.

BIONICLE "reboot" is akin to Star Trek new movies. Confirmed for three year line right now, possibly more later

Only 3 years  :(

possibly more later

Edited by Lucina

Yeah, I don't think they have to touch on a lot of these plot points. It's a new story for itself, with elements of the old. I doubt they would redo the robot plot twist.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I'm interested to see where they go with having TWO powerful being slumbering, and what's going to happen should they wake up.

I'd imagine Greg would say something about you making too many assumptions about this story based on the previous story.

I'm not assuming anything, I'd just like to know how similar this universe is to the old one... though I suspect he'd only answer most of my questions with "I can't reveal things before the story team do". People are going to ask him a lot more questions which he won't be able to answer from now on, I think.

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

It's been awhile since I've seen so many members in one topic. :)

I'm so glad this is a reboot. I really enjoyed the video with Makuta, Emiku, and the new masks. For me, the animation will take some getting used to if they used that for a TV show or miniseries, but I do like it.

And I wasn't expecting Makuta to return. That is a surprise to me. I kind of wish they had another villain instead of them, but I will reserve my judgment until I see what he does in the story.

Also, that clear Mask looks great. AND WE FINALLY CAN TALK ABOUT TAHU! B-)

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I really like how this captures the feel of the original story and tone of 2001 while still being a completely new take, even if some influences were drawn. :)

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I'm not assuming anything, I'd just like to know how similar this universe is to the old one... though I suspect he'd only answer most of my questions with "I can't reveal things before the story team do". People are going to ask him a lot more questions which he won't be able to answer from now on, I think.

Wait for this story to unfold; it's clearly heavily departed from the original story, which is what you seem to be missing here. It's not going to be the original story with a few changes; we don't even seem to have Mata Nui this time around, or any Great Spirit besides two Mask Makers, who I can guarantee won't be planet-sized Robots.

• Upvote 3

depending on how the story plays out during the reboot, maybe, for once, we'll be able to understand the plot on our own without needing to ask the writers anything

• Upvote 6

bionicle_logo_compressed.png?l.r=-186523

Hm.. I mostly like where this is headed. The art could have been a little more, idk, refined? But if I see more of it I think I can get used to it. I like the fact that they're going back to the bare bones of the 2001 story and with a new spin on it. If the story is completely different it's gonna get a little tricky keeping all the canon straight, especially with the same characters (in name, at least). :P Also tbh the "Mask of Ultimate Power" seems a little gimmicky lol

• Upvote 5

My prediction is that the Mask of Ultimate Power is like the new Mask of Life.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

BIONICLE "reboot" is akin to Star Trek new movies. Confirmed for three year line right now, possibly more later

Only 3 years :(
Doesn't mean there can't be more. I doubt that Gen 1 Bionicle was planned for much more than 3 years when it started. As long as it's successful, it'll continue.

Agreed. And besides, three years is better than two. :P

New picture on the FB page

That is one awesome picture. B-)

Edited by Makaru

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

How does one acquire a NYCCC clear hau? :P

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

vines growing up all over, building in the distance, Onua? climbing for no apparent reason like King Kong, 8 Collapsed pillars, a secret stairway...

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.