OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Also, I can now confirm that I'm skipping that glorified tarantula. One mask is not worth fifteen bucks and the set itself is meh.

Suit yourself, if the set doesn't interest you in any way that's all well & good.

MOCing wise I think it'll be about the same use as the Nui-Rama set, & piece-per-dollar they are pretty much the same (NR $15 for 138p [in 2001], LoSS $15 for 145 [in 2015]) So even though poseability wise I was disappointed with this set (and it doesn't look to flash from above or behind...) it contains a lot of pieces that I can't get out of the Toa or the Protectors, so it's a lot more than just a Mask i'm going to be buying it for.

I'll be glad to find it on the shelf without having to go searching to much, but I hope they don't do horrendously.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Seeing BZP's review of LOSS, I can finally say that I'm not impressed. It just doesn't look good and the functions kinda shoddy. It's upsetting, for he really could've been a really cool set and the fact that he's the only villain larger than six pieces makes him pretty important.

• Upvote 1

Well, I saw the Lord of Skull Spiders review and I was somewhat underwhelmed, at least compared to Omega Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua, not a bad set but still...

As a completionist I'll get this anyhow. As soon as I found out BIONICLE was ending I got all the sets still on the shelves that I could afford that I didn't already have: The STARS, Vastus, two of the 2009 vehicles, I was even able to find Vultraz and Jetrax T6...

Anyway, I'm going to try to make the most out of Gen 2, and buy all the sets I can afford, including this one and the rest of wave 1 at least.

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Let's hope the Nuva learned from their old tactic of  'Jump around and stab the ground.'

Also, I can now confirm that I'm skipping that glorified tarantula. One mask is not worth fifteen bucks and the set itself is meh.

I could get two twelve packs of Canada Dry with that money.

Or buy a 12-pack of Surge on Amazon since that's back now. 

I'll be getting all these sets. It's funny...4 years ago, I was eagerly waiting for the Saturday before Thanksgiving because that was when I was leaving for Hawaii. Fast forward to today, and I eagerly wait for the chance to buy the new Bionicle sets. Oh how times have changed.

Well... notice that LOSS is fifteen dollars, yet contains more pieces than any of the other sets, including Onua. I actually like LOSS, due to his awesome parts such as trans-orange liftarms, IFB claws, Glatorian necks, AWESOME PIN/AXLE COMBOS, printed face, gold mask, small CCBS torso, three-long technic beams with ball in the middle, CCBS shells, gears and other useful parts. Sure, the model and function are meh, but when you think about it, if we were going to get a large selection of useful parts for fifteen dollars, we have to sacrifice something. In this case, it is appearance and function.

• Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

The entire set could've been much better. The shape/build just feels off and the function doesn't justify much. If given a larger piece count, I feel that LOSS could've been a great set, but as it is it's below average for me. But hey, there's six other super awesome toa and protectors to make up for it.

I'm definitely getting Tahu and the Protector of Fire (just so I can power-up Tahu). Gali is next on my list. Then Lewa. Then Pohatu. Onua and Kopaka are nice sets, but I don't like dealing with sticker decals so I'll pass on those until the end. Tahu first though. Tahu is always first. 

Lord of the Skull spiders... I feel like this set will be really useful for MoCing purposes. Those hybrid axle-pin pieces are to die for. However, I would definitely get any 15$ Toa before getting this guy. 

Edited by Prime Axiom
  • Upvote 1

I disagree. Gali goes first. I fell in love with her since the first moment I saw her. Funnily enough, I wouldn't own a single version of her until 2008.

Then I'd do something stupid and make Trinuma.....

Well, I guess you have your favorites as I have mine. 

I regret not getting Gali Mata. 08' version looked like a Piraka to me. 

• Upvote 1

I don't get why there's so much hate for '08 Gali. 

Her so-called 'waffle iron' eye actually looks pretty cool to me. The wings on the mask also look real swag. 

Seriously, it's a pretty cool set. I wish I had gotten a chance to get her. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

I'm going to get Tahu first. He's always been one of my favorite characters and I really like his 2015 set. I'll probably grab Kopaka and Onua after that, then get the other Toa as well. I'll also may get the Lord of Skull Spiders. I do think that the Toa have better body designs than it, but I still think it is a really cool looking set and I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection.

If I have any money left over after getting the Toa and Skull Spider, I might then get a couple Protectors. But they aren't on the top of my to get list. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The only reason I might get that stupid spider is just so the Toa have something to fight. Oh, and whoever said Gali couldn't tell a joke is lying.

"Hey Tahu, did you know that your mask can help shield you?"

"Show me."

"I forgot Hau...."

"DANG IT, GALI!"

"Hey Kopaka, do you know what kind of clock I have?"

"What."

"A-kaku clock!" :akaku:

"..."

• Upvote 3

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

The only reason I might get that stupid spider is just so the Toa have something to fight. Oh, and whoever said Gali couldn't tell a joke is lying.

"Hey Tahu, did you know that your mask can help shield you?"

"Show me."

"I forgot Hau...."

"DANG IT, GALI!"

"Hey Kopaka, do you know what kind of clock I have?"

"What."

"A-kaku clock!" :akaku:

"..."

"Hey Lewa, you seem to be having trouble learning to fly, I think I can help." 

"Please, share your secrets, water-maiden." 

"Just concentrate when you look in the Miru!" 

"..."

• Upvote 3

I'm actually really liking the look of LOSS, the real thing definitely looks a lot better than it does on the packaging.

Also: THOSE AXLE/PIN COMBOS MAN. I'm not even a big MOCist and I'd buy it just for those even if I weren't a completionist.

On the multiple LOSS's discussion on the last page: I swear I saw a picture that had two LOSS's in a display at NYCC.

• Upvote 3
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

You're kidding, right? The spider looks ten times better on the box than it does outside of it. The thing just looks so bare on the side while having all of these armor pieces on top.

Not only that, but you can't even pick the mask up like it says you can unless you mess with the pincers! You know what that is?

False advertising.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

EDIT: LOSS I will get to play around with the action features for a while. Then I'm probably going to use its pieces for mocs. 

Well, it's not just Gali 08 that I didn't find appealing set-wise. The Mistika in general were underwhelming as sets for me. Lack of new parts and melee weapons kind of put me off. They also didn't show any semblance to their previous versions. Which was a shame, because the Phantoka were able to pull it off rather decently.

I'm going to get Tahu first. He's always been one of my favorite characters and I really like his 2015 set. I'll probably grab Kopaka and Onua after that, then get the other Toa as well. I'll also may get the Lord of Skull Spiders. I do think that the Toa have better body designs than it, but I still think it is a really cool looking set and I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection.

If I have any money left over after getting the Toa and Skull Spider, I might then get a couple Protectors. But they aren't on the top of my to get list. 

Welcome brother. Glad to see another Tahu fan. :D

Edited by Prime Axiom

Once again I'm posting about the mask of ultimate power, in the poster (which appears to show it in the background) you can see it has almost eyebrows, seeing this I'm starting to think it may actually be released in 2015 after all.

It could just be a tease for it that they're keeping safe and covered up until the grand finale of the theme. I really have no idea though, depends if Lego plans on doing a "one legendary mask per year" sort of thing or if they're throwing them all out now and giving a different plot line next year. Hard to say. :shrugs:

• Upvote 1

Once again I'm posting about the mask of ultimate power, in the poster (which appears to show it in the background) you can see it has almost eyebrows, seeing this I'm starting to think it may actually be released in 2015 after all.

I think it's a pretty big assumption that that's the MoUP. The eyebrows to me seem like proof that it's the Mask of Control. Which would make sense, if someone's controlling the Skull Spiders. That would probably be the perfect mask to do so with.

I think it's a pretty big assumption that that's the MoUP. The eyebrows to me seem like proof that it's the Mask of Control. Which would make sense, if someone's controlling the Skull Spiders. That would probably be the perfect mask to do so with.

Well the mask of control was gold, and be have yet to see what it's non-cartoon look will be, so we can't assume that because it has eyebrows in the real piece. Plus, the MOUP is the only mask we have seen to be the color black.

I think from this point on the perfect abbreviation for the Mask of Control and Creation are Mo'Control and Mo'Creation. Just think about it...  :D I am just so bad at life...

That can't be the case considering (as mentioned before) the mask of control is gold, I'd also like to point out that in the trailer when makuta is wearing Mo'control his eyes are purple but when he is wearing moup his eyes turn red, on the poster what I think is makuta has red eyes, so no unless there's a villain we don't know of it's makuta with moup.

It's time to move on.

That can't be the case considering (as mentioned before) the mask of control is gold, I'd also like to point out that in the trailer when makuta is wearing Mo'control his eyes are purple but when he is wearing moup his eyes turn red, on the poster what I think is makuta has red eyes, so no unless there's a villain we don't know of it's makuta with moup.

It's shadowed in the background. Of course it looks black. That doesn't mean it is black. Also @Banana Gunz considering the Mask of Creation in the cartoon was pretty close to what it looks like in the set, it's pretty safe to assume the Mask of Control in the animation is similarly accurate, which means the actual piece probably has the big eyebrows as well. (Which makes sense anyway, because the new style doesn't add eyebrows to any other mask, so why would it to this one?)

Besides, the MoUP seems pretty powerful for it to already be in the main antagonist's posession. What's the point of ever showing it on a pedestal at all if nobody's actually going to be hunting for it?

And I still think it's too soon to assume the shadowy face is Makuta, but even if it is, red eyes is pretty much always used for antagonists. Chances are if we see Makuta as an antagonist, regardless of what mask he's wearing, he'll probably have red eyes.

• Upvote 3

You're kidding, right? The spider looks ten times better on the box than it does outside of it. The thing just looks so bare on the side while having all of these armor pieces on top.

Not only that, but you can't even pick the mask up like it says you can unless you mess with the pincers! You know what that is?

False advertising.

It shows the set grabbing the mask.

The set can grab the mask.

That's not false advertising at all.

• Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

You're all probably tired of these, but back when the leaks were spilling out I made these...

Bionicle Hype Train 1

Bionicle Hype Train 2

Bionicle is back from the dead

Bionicle Party Time (Along with Hype train #1, this is my favorite. :P )

(I'm going to assume that since the official sets have been revealed, and they even showed some confidential preliminary images at NYCC, that it's ok to post images containing pictures of prototype sets and such.)

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

It's shadowed in the background. Of course it looks black. That doesn't mean it is black. Also @Banana Gunz considering the Mask of Creation in the cartoon was pretty close to what it looks like in the set, it's pretty safe to assume the Mask of Control in the animation is similarly accurate, which means the actual piece probably has the big eyebrows as well. (Which makes sense anyway, because the new style doesn't add eyebrows to any other mask, so why would it to this one?)

Besides, the MoUP seems pretty powerful for it to already be in the main antagonist's posession. What's the point of ever showing it on a pedestal at all if nobody's actually going to be hunting for it?

And I still think it's too soon to assume the shadowy face is Makuta, but even if it is, red eyes is pretty much always used for antagonists. Chances are if we see Makuta as an antagonist, regardless of what mask he's wearing, he'll probably have red eyes.

First off, the dark shadowy mask isn't completely shown. There is just enough room to show the eyes and eye brows. Where is there room for a dark background? It's a zoom in of the mask, not a backdrop with a mask on it.

Second, even if it were a mask on a dark background, gold is a very reflective and bright material/color, and it would be recognizable as a gold color in some shape or form. The mask we're seeing is just plain black.

The Mask of Creation is only one mask and hardly sets up an example for the rest of them. Look at the sets of the toa and how they look when changed into that style. A ton of details and little things are dropped in those renditions. If we are to use the very many examples of that V.S. the one example of the Mask of Creation, it is very likely that the Mask of Creation will slightly different in the cartoon than in real life. Heck, the MOUP got a serious change (suspecting that it will have a definite and more solid design in real life).

This mask could be a representation of evil, or it could just represent what will happen when Makuta is awakened. Think about it, Makuta is said to be in a deep slumber, so it technically wouldn't make sense to put anything there. It's supposed to represent that he's alive, dangerous and very evil. Not that he's actually walking around with the mask on.

And I also think it's even sooner to assume that Makuta will be wearing the Mask of Control. If he is awakened and has any of the masks retrieved to him, I would believe that he would be shown to be wearing the MOUP because it's the mask that corrupted him in the first place and turned him evil. He would have no need to wear the mask that he wore when he was good.

I'm sorry if I sounded rude (I really don't mean to be), but your argument makes no sense to me.

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 3

The eye color tells us nothing, because there's no reason to assume that Makuta's transformation would be reversed when the Mask of Ultimate Power was removed, any more than Takua's transformation into Takanuva would be reversed if you removed the Mask of Light.

• Upvote 1

First off, the dark shadowy mask isn't completely shown. There is just enough room to show the eyes and eye brows. Where is there room for a dark background? It's a zoom in of the mask, not a backdrop with a mask on it.

What? I said it was in the background. As in, not in the foreground. As in, it's behind everything else. That's what I meant by 'background'. It's dark and shadowed and obscured because it's a secret what mask it is.

Second, even if it were a mask on a dark background, gold is a very reflective and bright material/color, and it would be recognizable as a gold color in some shape or form. The mask we're seeing is just plain black.

Even if it's not gold, it's quite the assumption to say it's black. It's clearly been shadowed and obscured to make it mysterious. How can you claim to know its color? We don't even know that the MoUP is black either, since we've only seen it surrounded by black flames. For all we know, it's gold too.

The Mask of Creation is only one mask and hardly sets up an example for the rest of them. Look at the sets of the toa and how they look when changed into that style. A ton of details and little things are dropped in those renditions. If we are to use the very many examples of that V.S. the one example of the Mask of Creation, it is very likely that the Mask of Creation will slightly different in the cartoon than in real life. Heck, the MOUP got a serious change (suspecting that it will have a definite and more solid design in real life).

Yes, details were dropped. The style is simplified. None of the masks, ABSOLUTELY none of the masks have details added. THEREFORE, it makes absolutely no sense to assume the eyebrows of the Mask of Control were ADDED.

The MoUP didn't get a serious change, it's just encloaked in black flame to keep its design a secret until they decide to reveal it. When it is revealed, we will probably see a more accurate cartoon rendition of it.

And I also think it's even sooner to assume that Makuta will be wearing the Mask of Control. If he is awakened and has any of the masks retrieved to him, I would believe that he would be shown to be wearing the MOUP because it's the mask that corrupted him in the first place and turned him evil. He would have no need to wear the mask that he wore when he was good.

Maybe he doesn't know where the MoUP is? Maybe he found the Mask of Control first, and is using it to control creatures to find the MoUP? Maybe he doesn't desire the MoUP until he learns to control its powers? There are many possibilities, and to dismiss the possibility that he could be wearing the Mask of Control is only possible through making assumptions beyond what we already know.

It's possible this mask isn't the Mask of Control, but even if it isn't, I highly doubt they'd go through the trouble of hiding the MoUP only to reveal it in the same year. It's their big MacGuffin, meant to last a three-year story assumedly. Why waste the surprise on the first year?

But I'm still betting on Mask of Control because eyebrows.

• Upvote 1

The eye color tells us nothing, because there's no reason to assume that Makuta's transformation would be reversed when the Mask of Ultimate Power was removed, any more than Takua's transformation into Takanuva would be reversed if you removed the Mask of Light.

Alright you got me there, the only thing I could say in regards to that is that maybe the rules are different in this universe, but I'm still convinced that thing is makuta. 

It's time to move on.

What? I said it was in the background. As in, not in the foreground. As in, it's behind everything else. That's what I meant by 'background'. It's dark and shadowed and obscured because it's a secret what mask it is.

Even if it's not gold, it's quite the assumption to say it's black. It's clearly been shadowed and obscured to make it mysterious. How can you claim to know its color? We don't even know that the MoUP is black either, since we've only seen it surrounded by black flames. For all we know, it's gold too.

Yes, details were dropped. The style is simplified. None of the masks, ABSOLUTELY none of the masks have details added. THEREFORE, it makes absolutely no sense to assume the eyebrows of the Mask of Control were ADDED.

The MoUP didn't get a serious change, it's just encloaked in black flame to keep its design a secret until they decide to reveal it. When it is revealed, we will probably see a more accurate cartoon rendition of it.

Maybe he doesn't know where the MoUP is? Maybe he found the Mask of Control first, and is using it to control creatures to find the MoUP? Maybe he doesn't desire the MoUP until he learns to control its powers? There are many possibilities, and to dismiss the possibility that he could be wearing the Mask of Control is only possible through making assumptions beyond what we already know.

It's possible this mask isn't the Mask of Control, but even if it isn't, I highly doubt they'd go through the trouble of hiding the MoUP only to reveal it in the same year. It's their big MacGuffin, meant to last a three-year story assumedly. Why waste the surprise on the first year?

But I'm still betting on Mask of Control because eyebrows.

Okay, it doesn't make sense to assume details were added, but what says the MOUP doesn't have eye brows? And looking at an image of the Mask of Control from the cartoon and the poster, it is very obvious that the eye brows are different shapes, and the general shapes of things were one of the things kept in the cartoon. And not just the eye brows, but the eye holes themselves are very different shapes.

And I can claim to know it's color because I can look at it and see it's black, because I have seen what the color black looks like from seeing it every single day since I was born. I can claim that the mask is black because from the cartoon, it is black. What is the point of making the mask gold and then shrouding it in black to hide the color? The mask is made to be evil. Making it gold is silly and will only confuse people.

So it makes no sense for it to be the MOUP because it was revealed in a very ominous way that shows almost no specifics of it's design at all, but it makes sense for it to be the Mask of Control because it was already fully revealed and shown and so they decided it was neccessary to shroud it in darkness on the poster just because? Okay, now why don't you tell me how that works.

I stand by my argument and my reasoning, which I believe to be solid until proven otherwise (which you have yet to do).