Organizing Pieces?

Toa Kopaka TJByrum

I am about to begin the monumentous task of building all of my Bionicle figures. So far I have 6 completed and about 5 more coming along. I collected them since 2001 (Lewa Mata was my first Bionicle) and so I have pretty much every single one that came out up until Voya Nui. I have a few Mahri and Phantoka sets as well but not enough to mention.

I first divided by color but that isn't as easy as I thought. I think I might divide by category, cause I'm aware of what pieces belong to who (Axonn's axe, Nuju's ice spikes, Kopaka's launcher, etc.

How do you organize your pieces?

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero."

-Toa Kopaka Nuva

Since I usually don't take apart my sets once I build them, the majority of my pieces are composed of my sets which I keep in my closets. Any loose pieces I have, and I don't have a lot of them, I keep in a small glass case.

I don't know if this would be consider to be keeping them organized, but that is how I keep my pieces. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I /try/ to keep them separated by type. (huge bionicle pieces, lego bricks, pins and plus-rods, beams and liftarms...) but it never ever works. they all end up in one big bin again. :0

Yeah same here lol

• Upvote 1

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

The way I tend to organize them, and how I still have them actually (i organized them all two years ago and haven't used them at all in the time since) is by type, specifically: heads & masks, torso pieces, socket pieces, limbs, armor, weapons, and all the other technic stuff. These last two categories are firckin' huge

AXKP5KC.png

I have a bunch of small clear drawers which are easily accessible from a makeshift desk. A majority of pieces which were formerly organized by type are now organized by color and are in drawers adjacent to aforementioned table. Some parts - generally large, unwieldy Technic - are stored in some of my canisters, which are displayed on a wall. The rest of the pieces that aren't in assembled MOCs or on my desk strewn about in various stages of completion are stuffed into a few "general other" bins which I never seem to get around to.

... dang, the longer it took to write this out the more I wonder how I manage to find anything.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg