What do you think Hero Factory's legacy will be?

Bionicle had a big impact, between playing a big part in getting Lego back on it's feet in the early 00's and paving the way for current story based themes like Ninjago, Chima, and Hero Factory.

With Bionicle's recently announced return and no signs of HF continuing in 2015, I thought this would be a good time to make a topic like this.

Personally, I think it will mostly be remembered for pioneering the CCBS in several ways, from the first debut of the system to the first forays into fusing technic into it.

• Upvote 3
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Hero Factory's biggest legacy would obviously be the CCBS. Not only did it pioneer the building system, it proved its versatility time and time again over the years. Already there have been three constraction themes that used the building system to great effect, and next year BIONICLE will join them.

Any mention of the CCBS would be incomplete without mentioning the redesigned ball cup, which finally eliminated the critical flaws of the ball cups that preceded it. I think these can be fairly attributed to the Hero Factory theme. I'd be hesitant about saying the same thing about the new colors Silver Metallic and Titanium Metallic, but those too appeared extensively in Hero Factory pretty much as soon as they were introduced.

It was also the first theme to really get its own episodic TV series. Although it wasn't a full TV series, it was more substantial than the single 22-minute TV special that LEGO Atlantis had gotten earlier the same year. So in that respect it helped pave the way for LEGO Ninjago and LEGO Legends of Chima, even if their mythology-heavy story direction was more BIONICLE-ish.

Perhaps most significantly, it proved that the constraction category had a future and that BIONICLE's inevitable decline in popularity and profitability did not signal the end of buildable action figures in general.

• Upvote 3

The line that did the changes Bionicle could not. 

That's actually pretty true now that I think about it. I can't imagine some of the stuff changed to constraction/story done in Hero Factory being done in Bionicle. Then again, I can't see some stuff in Bionicle happening in HF, so it really goes both ways.

• Upvote 1

It will be remembered for its CCBS because it is like the best thing about Hero Factory in my opinion. It's fun and makes characters and creatures look awesome with armor. It has influenced other Lego themes, such as DC and Marvel Super Heroes and Chima, to do the same for their own characters, too.:)

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

It will be remembered for Preston Stormer, who never stepped down for even one wave, and somehow managed to get arch-enemies just by existing.

THIS.

And the CCBS. Definitely the CCBS.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

It will be remembered for Preston Stormer, who never stepped down for even one wave, and somehow managed to get arch-enemies just by existing.

Breakout wave 1 and Brain Attack wave 1.

Considering that the story for those years was done as a whole rather than by wave, Stormer was never absent. He just wasn't released at the same time as all of his compadrés.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Considering that the story for those years was done as a whole rather than by wave, Stormer was never absent. He just wasn't released at the same time as all of his compadrés.

Which is why Breakout was one of the best years. That and the online games, themed heroes/villains and cool builds.

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Which is why Breakout was one of the best years. That and the online games, themed heroes/villains and cool builds.

These and the epic Breakout episodes and the whole Alpha 1 Team together (well, in sets, of course).:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

It will be remembered for CCBS, as many have already said, and it will be remembered for the Zelda-esque "problem solved" jingle from the show. 

C'mon, you know the one I mean. Duh-daa da da da daaa. 

I read that and heard the pink panther theme, but then again, I never watched the show. ^_^

I personally don't see Hero Factory leaving much of a legacy. Yes, we know about its contributions, (check posts above) but I don't really think it will be remembered outside of the Lego community. At least no where near as much as Bionicle anyway.

EDIT: I also heard that Metroid missile expansion sound. The one from Metroid Prime!

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

It will be remembered for CCBS, as many have already said, and it will be remembered for the Zelda-esque "problem solved" jingle from the show. 

C'mon, you know the one I mean. Duh-daa da da da daaa.

I read that and heard the pink panther theme, but then again, I never watched the show. ^_^

I personally don't see Hero Factory leaving much of a legacy. Yes, we know about its contributions, (check posts above) but I don't really think it will be remembered outside of the Lego community. At least no where near as much as Bionicle anyway.

EDIT: I also heard that Metroid missile expansion sound. The one from Metroid Prime!

Obviously it won't be remembered much outside the Lego community. That's not to say it won't have a legacy, both in the general Lego community and particularly in the Bionicle community. I think its main legacy will be the CCBS, the introduction of which will affect constraction sets for many years to come.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The legacy Hero Factory will leave behind (well, is leaving behind right now) is definitely introducing CCBS. Even now people are complaining that new Bionicle is too much like "Hero Factory", so obviously it has left behind a legacy... just not a very positive one...

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg