Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

IC [Citamgine/President]"That is hardly necessary; our embassy we've built for your people is complete. We don't need... hostages. A simple embassy delegation is more than enough." The President turned to the Diemawr. "That is correct."[starcontrol]The Alizarin vessel was detected, as well as it's distress beacon, the comm officer opening a line. "Alizarin vessel, please state your emergency."[Low orbit]The occupant of the vessel decided now was as good of a time as ever; with the Alizarin vessel bursting in and the negotiations ready to come to an end, this would make for an excellent tinder to throw a match into. Giving the signal, the ship began to enter Citamgine's atmosphere; a fireworks display was about to begin.[starbase]On the starbase, one of the guard's helmets beeped, the man saying a silent prayer then raising his weapon. Before anything or one could react the sound of gun fire echoed in the room, the President falling dead on the table as the guard then aimed his gun at the alien representatives. He, of course, didn't get a chance; another burst of gun fire sent him back a foot, tossing him to the ground as the guards rushed around him. With glazed eyes and a broken visor, he whispered quietly, "For Citamgine", then the light in his eyes vanished, and his hand fell open to reveal a grenade.In the split seconds the grenade fell to the ground, something was demonstrated; years of training can make a person do anything. The President was dead, and thus the guard had failed and didn't need to sacrifice themselves. Yet one of the guard dropped onto the grenade, covering the explosive miliseconds before it went off. Perhaps it was to save her comrades; perhaps it was to save the delegation. It would never be known.The explosive blast was absorbed by the guard, but not the ensuring shockwave. Everyone in the room was tossed, the Alizarin's container shattering. While the humanoid lifeforms survived -perhaps not the Syrrinx, if she was not properly shielded against the pressure difference-, it was doubtful the Alizarin would survive with their tank shattered.[star Control]At the same time the entire station was rocked about as explosions went off, the Overseer diving into his seat as the station violently shook."Status report!""Explosions in decks one three and four sir!" A lieutenant yelled. "The reactors have overloaded! We've got wounded and causalities coming in, the power is completely out of control! Atmosphere is venting in over a dozen compartments, life support is offline in all decks below ten, and we're going have to shut off the remaining reactors!""Activate the emergency chemical rockets, keep us in orbit! Begin a general evacuation of the station, get the President to safety!""Sir, report coming in, the President is dead! We had a traitor!""Then let his soul rest; we have more pressing matters at the moment. What's the status of weapons?""Sir?!""I imagine we're going have more than a few annoyed aliens; what is the status of weapons lieutenant?""Sir, our reactors are offline; all magnetic guns are offline, only the chemical machine guns are operational.""Then get them ready; we might have to fight, even if we're going lose it."OOCThe meeting room was pretty far up; it's uneffected by the reactor explosions.

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC(Conference): The Diemawr representative pulled himself to his feet as quickly as he could, looking first at the broken tank that had contained the Alizarin, then at the bloody mess in the corner, and finally at the President, face-down on the table. The Diemawr turned slowly to face one of the surviving guards, hands clenched tight at his sides."Perhaps your old government is not as thoroughly uprooted as we had been led to believe. I smell their brand of treachery here."A signal had been sent as soon as the forces acting on the exoskeleton had exceeded predicted "safe" parameters, the net result of this signal being four exosuited Diemawr exiting the docked Golau-a-Gobaith in the hangar, helmets on and weapons primed. One of the four carried a spare coilgun, to bring to their comrade in the conference room. As they were unaware of the exact circumstances of what had happened - only of the explosions that had rocked the ship and the concurrent signal from their comrade - they were uncertain of what action to take, only that they must be prepared to stabilize the situation by whatever means necessary.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [Citamgine/Guard]The guard didn't bother to answer; he was too busy attempting to save the Alizarin who were currently lying on the floor, likely about to collapse on themselves thanks to the pressure. All parts of the space station could be rapidly flooded; this allowed for quick detection of micro hull breaches, and since all electronics was thoroughly shielded and grounded, it had minimal impact on operation when it happened. So rapidly punching in commands, the room quickly began flooding with torrents of water from all sides, and would have the entire room underwater in a matter of seconds.OOCActually read about a similar process being used on concept space ships, only they used a goo, since you can't afford to leak water on a long journey. The space stations can be constantly resupplied though, so it works.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: "A potential treachery," the Honour warned, "Intel suggests a rogue faction of your own nation may attempt a sabotage of the current meeting."The flooding was probably the only thing that would have saved the Alizarin. Outside water they were simply too big to support themselves, their own weight would crush them. And without liquid suspension their external brains had a nasty habit of tearing.Even with the guard's swift response two of the seven Alizarin ambassadors bobbed up to the ceiling, motionless, fluids leaking from them as their bodies sought to lessen the pressure by lessening their mass

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(Conference): Inclining his head slightly to the guard, the Diemawr donned his helmet once more, preparing himself for the total flooding of the room. A worried glance was cast in the direction of the Alizarin, the Diemawr uncertain about the status of its allies.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: With the explosion, the Tsui'nau flickered and disappeared, revealing a floating, circular machine. It flickered, the hologram of the Tsui'nau reappearing.It seems our mistrust was well-placed, it said, a curious tone to the voice.This is most unfortunate. Alizarin, are your bodies harmed?

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

I feel like I've apologized too many times and it may have lost its meaning, but I really do feel dreadful for leaving you hanging. However, mid-terms are complete, computer problems have been solved, my health has restored, my Spivey Hall performance is behind me, and the majority of the ridiculously busy holiday week is over, so, without further ado.(1-32): With the unexpected appearance of the Kalarii ships, the pilots onboard the Revered Covenant grew frightened and heightened levels of adrenaline coursed through their veins. The Klein craft's actions mirrored its controllers thoughts, an inherent flaw with the Leben's neurologically controlled vessels, and accelerated into the Natsirt ship, eradicating both ships in the process.Just behind the helm of the Ardent Remorse, Niikka twitched as she saw the Kalarii missiles racing towards her ship. The was no escaping the combined fire of the mass of alien ships. Time began to blur as the impact-warning lights began to flash bright yellow. The homeworld didn't send back-up. Do they not see the necessity of what I'm doing!? The first missile impacted into the fleshy body of the research vessel, ripping tendons and spewing deep, maroon blood out into space on the opposing side, before exploding."Ma'am! Hull breaches on all decks, one through four; we've lost the back half of the ship!This is it... If all else fails, we shan't let them gain anything from us..."Pilots, wipe the neural caches and overload the main motor-core. Today you'll have the honor of a martyr's death."In a roar of fire the Leben presence in 1-32 was no more.Ic (1-36): Communication on Kaltveide was slow, worse than dial-up slow, worse than a narcoleptic sloth slow. Well... maybe not quite that bad. It took a vast amount of resources and time to drill holes for lines of neural connections to be established through miles of rock. In fact, physical couriers still played a crucial part among the chain of conveyance of information. It was for this reason the the news of the rather imposing Natsirt presence above the Leben homeworld took such a significant amount of time before arriving to the first available High-Minister, Rahoittaa Teollisuus, the High-Minister of Finance & Industry.The Minister was the polar opposite of Niikka. He was calm, collected, dignified, and most notably of all, not utterly psychotic. At first he took the news as a jest. For one thing, at this point in time a Minister had yet to be put in charge of the Leben fleet, and as such all ship movements were discussed beforehand between the three High-Ministers. These ships shouldn't have been there, and Rahoittaa had no hostile intentions at all towards his Natsirt neighbors. It wasn't until he heard the actual foreign, audio recording for himself that his face grew grim. The man strummed his fingers across his desk, a nervous habit. How could such a mishap take place? Straightening the collar on his black, business-shirt, Rahoittaa began composing a message. I do believe there has been a grave mistake between our two kinds. By current Leben law, I would be aware of the slightest movement of our fleet, certainly that of an "invasion force". Is there the possibility that you have mistaken another race as our own? However, I am obligated to assume that you're correct. I assure you this was not passed by the organized Leben government or military. As a sign of peace I am willing to repay any losses you've taken as a result of this possible rebel group. However, I do mean to be stern when I say that the Leben nation shall refrain from being taken under the Trilateral Alliance. This simply is not an option.-High-Minister of Finance & Industry, Rahoittaa Teollisuus, Representative of One-ThirdWith the utmost haste the message was relayed to the nearest uplink to the main broadcasting antenna for the region.Ooc: (@Power) Not quite sure what happened to our meeting a while ago. It may be a bit ridiculous to continue it at this point, but what should we say the outcome was?Also, Alex, the Refereon side-plot is fantastic. As for species specialities? The key points that define the Leben are that their traditional technology, and the culture for that matter, are equivalent of what humans achieved during the renaissance. As for tech, they're, of course, the biological warfare peeps, but something that I think I've yet to mention is that the Leben are capable of synthesizing life as well. And all of you people with your devious multi-phase plots reminded me... I'm still on flippin' phase one of my galactic take over. And it's not looking promising at that; two failed attempts of abduction. Perhaps something will work out in time.Xom, I had no intention of being absent so long and have obviously lost the opportunity for some ship production. Would it be possible to make up for some of the lost time? Perhaps seven small ships?Last, but not least, here's my long overdue, and rather pathetic, status update:Leben:Planets:

• [*]1-36 (HW)[*]1-42 (FW, Upgrade on 1-9)[*]1-35 (FW, Upgrade on 1-9)

Ships:

• [*]4 Forschung Scout/Stealth Ship (Small)[*]9 Klein Boarding Craft/Dropships (Small)[*]2 Drydocked Anfänge'samen (Colonizer)[*]20 Abfangen (Fighter)[*]2 Tinte Carrier(Medium)[*]4 Wetter'ballon

Total Industry : 13 (+5, +4, +4)Total Industry Usage: 8.25 (~65%)Currently Constructing:

• [*]...

fibonacciMeh... I think I'm officially a weaker nation than the two new star-ups. Joy.To end this entry on a better note. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmashanukwanzaadon, a Joyous Wint... well... Solstice and a Happy Festivus for the rest of us!

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

Kalarii Federation Starship, World, and Construction Inventory#月#日World Class Symbols:CO - –2 - colony - 3 daysPR - –1 - protectorate - 3 daysSS - 0 - self-sustaining - 3 daysOW - 1 - outer world - 7 daysIW - 2 - inner world - 10 daysCW - 3 - core world - 14 daysFW - 4 - forge world - 28 daysHW - 5 -homeworldPlanets:(1-7) Kaere - CW 3 - 1月3日- G(1-8) Czalath - HW 5- 1B(1-9) Kalaras - HW 5(1-10) Torios - HW 5- G(1-11) Azernax - SS 0 - 12月26日(1-32) Inosa - IW 1 - 12月26日(1-33) Arotsa - IW 2 - 12月28日(1-34) Nakare - FW 4 - 1月14日- 1N, GShip and Upgrade Symbols:S - .25 - small - 3 days/4M - 1 - medium - 3 daysL - 3 - large - 7 days+D - 1 - dropship+C - 1 - carrierC - 4 - coloniser - 7 daysB - 1 - starbase - 7 daysN - 1 - FTL sensor net - 3 daysA - 2 - addit. shipyards - 14 daysD - 1 - orbital defence - 14 daysG - 0 - ground defences - 7 daysF - 2 - fighter launch - 14 daysConstructing:(1-7) 月日(1-8) coloniser - 4 - 12月29日(1-9) coloniser - 4 - complete 月日(1-10) coloniser - 4 - 12月29日(1-11) 月日(1-32) 月日(1-33) 月日(1-34) 月日Starships:Gulo L - 3 - (1-34) drydocked- Hikaru GenjiLutra M - 1 - (1-1)- KaoruLutra M - 1 - (2-)- Nio no MiyaLutris M - 1 - (1-34)- ScyldLontra M - 1 (1-32)- AscaniusEnhydra MD - 2 - (1-34)- Ea4 Eversmanii S - 1 - (3-)- Ecqwela4 Eversmanii S - 1 - (1-1)- Heremod4 Putorius S - 1 - (1-34)- TurnusIndustry Total: 5+5+5+4+3+2+1+0=2525–3S–6M–3L(0)–12C–1B–1N=2misakaimouto

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Quite right, time for IRs.INDUSTRY REPORTPlanetsDiemwnt-Cwn: 5Diemwnt-Drwg: 5Diemwnt-Blaidd: 5Goron-Trysor: 3 (January 7th)(February 5th)Ath: 5Calinar: 4 (January 27th)Nadwoo: 3 (December 29th)(February 25th)Allissan: 2 (January 1st) (January 15th)(February 13th)Ynys Trysor: -1 (December 28th) (January 4th) (January 14th) (February 5th) (March 4th)Alata CorporationTotal: 32ShipsCarreg-dur(3): 6Marwolaeth (12): 3Brawd-dur (9): 9Gryman-o-Bydoedd*: 3 (Dec 26)Coloniser(2)*: 8Total: 32-26=6

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Seela, having survived the pressure wave by virtue of a thick skull and tough skin as well as favorable placement, was stunned for a brief moment. Shortly, though, she had her helmet's seal connected; a half hour of air for a normal Syrrinx was plenty for her. The Kaurava bland implant that replaced one of her lungs could infinitely reprocess carbon dioxide into oxygen, given a steady supply of glucose, which was of course supplied by her body. She would starve before she suffocated."REPORT!" Her implants beamed to her ship. No response. Fearing the worst, Seela used her smaller arms to pull of her gloves, sealing her armor at the wrists and baring her claws for all to see. Regretting not purchasing a better replacement, Seela still showed the small Keratin blades for all they were worth. The natural ferocity of the predator took her, the lean fierceness of the jungle dominant in her mind."Someone will pay for this. If I die, they'll owe me a new body."

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCI'd like to point out though, there is no gravity in space. Ok, yes, you have the planet's gravity, but otherwise you're in a zero-g environment. While the Alizarin would still collapse eventually because of the oxygen pressure I'd say they could survive a good one minute before suffering irreversible damage.In fact, they might be able to survive indefinitely in a zero-g environment, assuming they had a source of water to breath with. I don't know, I don't think they'd ever done experiments with whales in space. I'll have to do some research. But keep in mind, all our ships are zero-g; we don't have artificial gravity -yet, according to Xom-, so yeah.And I completely understand Veeci, I just hope you can be on more often now.Now, for Industry Reeeeepoooorts... yeah, doesn't sound as good when I do it. Also, it would appear I goofed in the maths with Lloyd's stuff, so I'm trying to fix the upgrade times, but if someone notices something wrong be sure to tell me.INDUSTRY REPORT;PLANETS:1-1 Citamgine, Homeworld1-2 New Lleh, Homeworld1-39 New Llaf, Homeworld1-40 New Llor, Core World. (3rd Jan) (17th Jan) (14th Feb)PRODUCTION:Three Colonizers, over Citamgine, New Lleh, New Llaf.SHIPS1 Darter class, drydock.8 Valiant class, drydock.3 Homeworld class, one drydocked1 Destroyer class, drydock4 Protector class30 Resistance classTOTAL INDUSTRY:Industry Produced: 18 (5+5+5+3)Industry Used(Ships): 6Industry Used(Production): 12Industry Used(Upgrades): 0Industry Available: 0sellthecakeINDUSTRY REPORT FOR THE IMPERIUMPlanets:Baross: HomeworldIthaka: HomeworldGallia: HomeworldMasada: Forge World, upgrade Jan. 15th (12th Feb)Damascus: Core World, upgrade Jan. 2ndPhonecia: Inner World, upgrade Dec. 29thVerona: Colony, upgrade Dec 29th.Ships:-1 Large (Infinitus) 3 IP-1 Large (Invictus) 3 IP,-8 Medium (4 Sicarii, 4 Praetorians) 8 IP-8 Small (6 Praesidii, 2 EWACS) 2 IPProduction:1 Additional Shipyards, over Ithaka1 Colonizer over BarossTotal Industry Remaining: (5+5+5+4+3+2)-(3+3+8+2)-(2+4)-(2)=24-16-6-2=0 IP.IC [imperium]With the construction of the colonizer Verona complete, Verona was sent to colonize 1-25, while work on a new colonizer began.[Citamgine/Guards]The guard wasn't surprised by the aliens' reactions. He did, however, pull out a pistol and motion with it in the Syrrinx's direction. "Pay? The First President is dead, and you aren't. I'm not going shoot an ambassador... but I suggest you keep your claws alway from my men. Get your justice some other time."With that, he jammed the comm unit on, demanding doctors immediately and telling stardock to prep the alien ships to leave immediately."I suggest you return to your ships ambassadors; you can't do anything here now."[Citamgine/Transmission]The Leben transmission was recieved, processed, and thought about. With the death of the First President, and a major diplomatic incident on their hands, it was decided to forgo hostilities with the Leben... at this time. So the response read something like this;"The Natsirt Star Empire is a generous entity; we accept that this was a misunderstanding, and thus will not persue any further military actions at this time. Pray there will be no second time."In truth, the board of military strategists were talking heavily on the subject of a full scale invasion of Leben space. The Empire was weak compared to it's TAP allies, too weak compared to it's Pact... friends. Three Leben worlds sat, and the TAP fleet reported a fleet that barely reached the Natsirt's. The invasion would be swift and the battle quick. The key would be convincing the other two races not to share in the conquest.This presented two options; attack with only Natsirt forces, and risk fate swinging to the Leben's side, or convince the Kalarii to give up a share. The Osailieli were stubborn and unwavering; they would demand a world no matter what. The Kalarii, however, held a possibility of being convinced to help their weaker ally.One thing was clear; this path would hold glory unlike any other. So far no true wars had been started; the invasion of Alizarin Prime didn't fire a shot, and the Battle of New Llor was not a true war. This... this would be war indeed.

voidstars.png

IC(Conference): The Diemawr looked rather disapprovingly at Seela, then at the guard with the pistol."I will do as you say. Understand that if you find those at the root of this incident, the Diemawr Empire will stand ready to assist in their demise."Without waiting for a response, the Diemawr ambassador left the conference room, making his way back towards the hangar. As soon as he was more than a few meters away from the conference room, he activated the comm. system in his helmet."Return to the ship, comrades. There is nothing we can do here."---The four Diemawr outside of the ship paused in their movements, then, lowering their weapons slowly, three of them returned to the interior of the ship and began preparing it for departure. The fourth remained outside, standing guard over the vessel and watching for the return of their comrade.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I assumed we were in a rotating section. Gotta learn not to assume...IC:Seela took a deep breath of her reprocessed air, and put her gloves back on. She was a diplomat and a Xenologer, not a wild hunter."I'll return to my ship." She said, pushing her way through the water towards the hangar.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCWe were; we were on one of the outer rings. The rings, however, don't turn anywhere near fast enough to produce artificial gravity; they mainly turn simply to keep the thing in stable orbit, as constant docking bumps the starbase in every which way so thrusters are always being fired to correct it. The Natsirt prefer it this way, mainly because thanks to magnetic boots it allows you to use all four sides with ease. Rigorous excercise and regular visits to colony worlds, plus advanced medical science, ward off muscle decay.

voidstars.png

OOC: It's worth noting that I now have a fully operation flagship over Calinar.I also have 6 industry points.I also have 6 planets with positive industry-modifiers building nothing.I now have 6 batches of Marwolaeth under construction. That's right ladies, 6. 24 new mayflies of death on the 29th.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I assumed we were in a rotating section. Gotta learn not to assume...

OOC: Ditto. Given most races are used to operating on a two-dimension plane I just guessed the section of space station would have centripetal force acting as pseudo-gravityIC: The Alizarin began leaving without a word. There was life support and medical equipment on their ship, they could res thereFurther in the sector, the Honour received no reply from the space station. The comms officer reported this to the Chief navigator."What the Natsirt warned us about may have already happened," it pondered, "Get closer to the station, our scans should show its still operational."OOC: Well Veeci, lets say they reached an agreement of peace. As the Natsirt told them you attacked, they wouldn't really have wanted more from youOh, and latest Alizarin industry report2-5 (Glaucous-[Pheromone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Homeworld. Industry=5Navy: 1 Jade Starbase w/20 Fighters, Coloniser [Complete Jan 1]Industry Deductions= 5Total Industry=02-1 (Iris-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Forge World [upgrade to Homeworld Complete Jan 8]. Industry=4Navy: 3 Medium Class Cerulean, 30 Fighters, 4 Jonquil, Ground Fortifications, Satellite Detection NetIndustry Deductions= 4Total Industry=02-4 (Ultramarine-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Forge World [upgrade to Homeworld Complete Jan 8]. Industry=4Navy: 4 Small Class Icterine, 1 Carnelian w/10 Fighters, 30 Fighters, Ground Fortifications, Satellite Detection Net, 1 Amaranth[Drydocked]Industry Deductions= 4Total Industry=02-6 (Turquoise-[Pheremone S]-TealPlanet Level: Forge World [upgrade to Homeworld Complete Jan 8]. Industry=4Navy: 3 Medium Class Cerulean, 30 Fighters, 4 Jonquil, Ground Fortifications, Satellite Detection NetIndustry Deductions= 4Total Industry=02-17 (Palatinate-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Forge World [upgrade to Homeworld Complete Jan 8]. Industry=4Navy: 2 Medium Class Cerulean, 30 Fighters, 8 Jonquil, Ground Fortifications, Satellite Detection NetIndustry Deductions= 4Total Industry=02-3 (Silver-Celeste-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Core World [upgrade to Forge World complete Jan 6]. Industry= 3Navy: Ground Fortifications, 2 CyanIndustry Deductions=2Total Industry= 12-7 (Celadon-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Forge World [upgrade to Homeworld Complete Jan 13]. Industry=4Navy: Satellite Detection Net, Beryl Starbase, Cerise [Complete Dec 30]Industry Deductions=4Total Industry=02-18 (Cobalt-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Self-Sustaining [upgrade to Outer World Complete Dec 27]. Industry=0Navy: Satellite Detection Net, Ground Fortifications [Complete Dec 28th]Industry Deductions: NATotal Industry= 02-2 (Skobeloff-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Colony [upgrade to Protectorate complete Dec 28]. Industry= -2Navy: Satellite Detection Net [Complete Dec 28]Industry Deductions: NATotal Industry= -2Alata Mining= +1 IndustryTotal Industry=29Total Industry Deductions=29Overall Industry=0 Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOCwhattheheckamilookingat.pngBlah, better speed up invasion plans of Veeci if I want to be even close to standing a chance to the navy building up on the other side of the IL. Now, time to initiate... phase 3!IC [Citamgine/General]News of the First President's death was quick to spread; the fires had barely been put out on the starbase over Citamgnie before the information was leaked to the press, presumably some special help by the IIA. Regardless the media immediately went into a frenzy over this, and with it the conspiracy theorists began to rant. Some careful editing of the information before it was leaked implied that this was not done by a terrorist group, but rather the aliens attending the conference, giving fresh tender to fuel the xenophobia. By the time the real story would be brought to light, the majority of the Empire would be enraged that aliens killed their First President. It would bring an end to the era of xenophillia, and begin one of xenophobia.The government would still attempt negotiations -though next time, most likely in Alizarin space-, but the public would have it's heart darkened. Things would never be the same again in the Empire.[star Control]Finally, the Alizarin ship received a response. "There has been a situation; our leader the First President is dead and the lower decks of the inner rings are depressurized. The situation is being handled however and none of your ambassadors are dead."

voidstars.png

OOC: Yeah, I'd say having more than 4 systems is a good step towards being able to compete with your rivals that have, well, more than 4. I still have no idea why the Kalarii didn't blitz the Leben and Natsirt all in one go.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCUh, maybe because the Kalarii and Natsirt have been allies since... page ten? Both of them were ready to blitz the Leben, then decided against it. I'll have 25 IP once the dust settles on Veeci's grave, so all in all I'll have a pretty nice industrial backbone to get back into the game with, especially once my three colonies are made and mature into outer worlds.So, now that everyone is leaving from the botched negotiations, what now?

voidstars.png

OOC: Yeah, yeah, I know. The Natsirt are lucky that the Kalarii honor their treaties.Well, now my people head back home, keep building up their military, get some colonies, help the Syrrinx establish Outreach Coin-Star, and then just generally have some fun poking potential enemies with a stick until somebody bites hard enough to warrant maximum extermination.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCThat, and me and Koth are pretty tight, so there's that meta aspect to it but last time I checked, being allies because you're friends, so long as it doesn't completely fly in the face of logic, isn't banned so I'm good.Meanwhile, the Natsirt stew, realizing they're a minor player in the galactic scheme of things, and quietly plot to seize control of enough space until phase four can be done. Oh, and the TAP continues it's secret talks about... secrecy I guess.

voidstars.png

IC(Conference): With all of the Diemawr now back aboard the Golau-a-Gobaith, the craft left the station rather clumsily, with about as much consternation on the part of the pilot as you might expect from someone flying the very first spacecraft capable of interstellar travel designed by a race that thinks armor-all is a motto, not an automotive cleaning-implement.In other words, a very large bucket of consternation.OOC: Hmm, yeah. That is rather a nice industrial output.Is there an amount of time you can be gone for without any notice explaining why you're gone before your species gets booted?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCXom has made it quite clear that people can't be killed because of inactivity, but I'm assuming the cutoff of lifesupport is a pretty big number, at least a month.

voidstars.png

OOC: Well, yes, it would have to be a big number, and presumably an attempt would have to be made to contact them before pulling the plug. I'm just concerned that people might utterly lose interest in this game (looking at you, Sector 3) and drop off the radar, and we'd be forced to refrain from taking their territory because they didn't announce their departure.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC:Systems:2-42 : Homeworld(Treanu, Bival)2-34 : Forge World, Founded 10.31(Next upgrade 1.8) (Ka'andro)2-35 : Forge World, Founded 10.31(Next upgrade 1.8) (Tuonata)2-43 : Forge World, Founded 10.31(Next upgrade 1.8) (Bivali Mun)2-47 : Forge World, Founded 10.31(Next upgrade 1.8) (Sauyandu)2-33 : Core World, Founded 11.16(Next Upgrade 12.26) (Tonn Croa)2-44 : Outer World, Founded 12.11(Next Upgrade 12.27) (Mahalo)2-48 : Protectorate, Founded 12.21(Next Upgrade 12.27) (Molokhe)Fleet : 6 satellite detection nets-2-33-2-34-2-35-2-42-2-43-2-476 Actinaria-Class Starbases-2-33-2-34-2-35-2-42-2-43-2-476 Ground Fortifications-2-33-2-35-2-42-2-43-2-47-2-34Bivalvi2 Flights of Caridea-Class Corvettes- 2-42, Saber Group- 2-43, Spectre Group1 Brachyura Class Batteship- 2-43, the RevenantTreanuan2 Flights of Scyphozoa-Class Interceptors-2-47, Typhoon Group-2-34, Riptide Group-2-35, Tsunami Group1 Archaeteuthidae-Class Dreadnought- 2-42, the Poseidon 1 Scout Ship-Neverending Truth, Euphausii-Class Scout3 Teuthis-Class Battlecruisers-2-35, the Leviathan-2-34, the Scylla-2-47, the Kraken IIUnder Construction:1 Starbase (2-44) started 12.21, finish 12.28IC: As the Treanuan ship left the Natsirt station, it's rockets activated, boosting it towards the warp-safe zone. It then disappeared in a flash of cyan light.However, it wasn't heading for sector two.Maps of Sector one were quite lacking, and further intel was desired. Therefore, the ship headed deeper into the foreign sector, data receptors recording as it stayed undetected at the edges of systems.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCOooooh, Toast mi boi, exploration of the sector ain't going end well if the Natsirt find out about it. Which they most likely will if your ship comes back through Natsirt space.Too bad the Alizarin like their space cousins so much. :|

voidstars.png

OOC: Currently in San-Francisco. Expect activity to be erratic.IC:Seela had reached her ship safely and departed the station. In high-orbit of Citimagne, the unarmed ship and her crew waited for something to happen.

-Rover

OOC...Wait for what? It's not like there's going be another explosion. Unless the Syrrinx took this opportunity to continue the war and plant a bomb, in which case the IIA will figure out the Syrrinx did it and a fleet of warships will appear over Ath, regardless of it's current owners.

voidstars.png

OOC: At which point said fleet will be burned out of the sky for picking the wrong fight.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCPerhaps, but it'd be one glorious fire.You know, thinking about it, in a way Xom has actually become a greater threat than before. Before one could destroy his nation and be done with it; now, occupied, he could conduct terrorism on practically anyone, and have complete immunity to it. If he blew up my starbase, and I tried to retaliate, the Diemawr destroy me. If he sabotaged an Alizarin ship, they can't do anything. He has effective impunity to terrorism; and if someone inacts Centauri protocols and kills two hundred Syrrinx for ever Diemawr/Alizarin/Treanuan, well, that just makes you look like a serious ****.

voidstars.png

OOC: I'm glad you now fully understand the problems the Empire (mine, not yours) is faced with, and why they're willing to give up a COLONISER to make an attempt at dealing with the problem.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCCorporate warfare=/=terrorism. Shoving the megacorps out only solves their arsenal; civilians with homemade bombs -I imagine they're more potent in the future, but if an enraged cultist can blow up the Oklahoma City Building in our time, I imagine blowing up a skyscraper or two isn't to difficult in the future- are a serious threat. 90% of the population not giving a **** doesn't solve the other ten percent who hate the idea of alien occupation.Methinks it's a good thing for all of us that the Syrrinx are use to government changes, otherwise our cities would probably be firebombed by now.

voidstars.png

OOC: I'm hardly worried about Syrrinx civilian terrorists. By the Diemawr laws of war, once a city turns violent against them, they have every right to burn it to the ground. The Syrrinx as citizens of the Diemawr Empire know this well enough that they're unlikely to try to pull anything.It's the Syrrinx Corporations that are the main concern for the Diemawr, because quite apart from their own fickle nonsense, they could potentially give another race the key to an invasion of Diemawr space under cover of a trade deal. Getting them out of Diemawr space solves that little problem, because at that point any ships coming into Diemawr space can only be there to deal with the Diemawr.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Yes, to truly stop the Syrrinx now you'd have to commit genocide on a mass scale. The logistics are a nightmare even if the morality of such an action doesn't bother youIC: Coded messages were sent to the Diemawr and Treanuans on encrypted channels. It was odd that such secrecy was being used for what would turn out to be a simple request, to meet on a moon-sized asteroid in the Cordovan Belt of system 2-17

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOCYou're assuming the terrorists would have a launch city; it's really bad PR when you raze a city which did nothing except it was bombed/had three guys in a walk in closet. All good terrorist cells are small and don't know the other cells by name or their location.But alas, it's a moot point until another time. Now, for conspiracies!Also, do I smell a Pact meeting discussing what to do with the weakest player in the game?IC [2-5/Referon]Referon awoke, feeling the device on her face and initially panicking. Being underwater typically meant you were drowning; once she realized she wasn't, she carefully looked around. Upon seeing the Alizarin her head hurt, but she quickly got over it, speaking something garbled to the alien doctor present. It was obvious she needed a suit now instead of a rebreather.

voidstars.png

IC:Defiance Industries' Shareholders had considered the Diemawr's proposal to buy their entire corporate empire, and denied it. Alata Mining Corp had agreed the same. The construction of a sort of International Planet for the corporations, however, was much appreciated. The Corporations had proposed an idea; the Diemawr would have the ability to levy a tax on the world and its trade until such time as the Colonizer had been fully purchased, with a small sum taken for the Diemawr's profit. After that point, the world would no longer owe tribute to the Diemawr and would be devided up by the corporate Nations.The Corporations, furthermore, requested a world on the border of both Alizarin and Trenuan space.

-Rover

OOC: I don't think the Pact has a clue about the Leben. We're all waiting on ToA for reconnaissance of the areaIC: The Alizarin physician, noting Referon's movement used his translation machine to issue a fizz of static, trying to get the attention of the Natsirt. They had no real scuba equipment. It wasn't standard medical gear as it was never a problem for the AlizarinIC: The Syrrinx request was turned down. As they'd be a centre for business, not population, they didn't need more than one, and certainly not if it would remove from the ever-growing Alizarin territories

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: They wanted one in the corner of Diemawr space.Also, as an interesting note, the Diemawr Empire is not a successor government to the Syrrinx Republic. Which means they are not bound by the same treaties.The land the Syrrinx had claimed but not expanded to is up for grabs.

-Rover