Forum Software Upgrade

Black Six

Earlier today BZPower updated to a more recent version of the Invision forum software.This should have fixed several issues, including the issues some have been having with personal photos/avatars. Unfortunately it also removed a couple of our custom add-ons, such as Proto Energy and spinnies. We will endeavor to add them back this evening.Please use this topic to point out:

[*]Any issues you notice with the upgrade [*]Any problems you've seen that are now solved [*]Anything else you'd like to point out that may need to be addressed

what happened to the spinnies?and the image button on the rich text editor deletes you post.i also made a q&a topic about it, but you should close it because i found this topic

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I've been having a little bit more difficulty with adding links (other than by copy-pasting into the post), as the editor froze (or, more accurately, the portion of the screen displaying BZPower went dark and did precisely nothing after that) when I pressed the "Insert Link" button, but that could just be my computer. :shrugs:I'll put up screenshots in a moment.~ BioGioEDIT: Specificity.

Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

One problem I'm noticing so far: In my blog, I can't move content blocks. Any way of fixing this?So far, it is loading a little faster for me, but the above complaint is the only problem I'm having with it.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

The headers on the blogs seem to have disappeared...But other than that, it's fine...-- :ruru:EDIT: In our profile feed, the names of the members whose walls we have posted on have disappeared... It just says [insert name here]=> instead of [insert name here]=>[insert other name here].

Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

One problem I'm noticing so far: In my blog, I can't move content blocks. Any way of fixing this? So far, it is loading a little faster for me, but the above complaint is the only problem I'm having with it.

The content blocks have been buggy even before the software upgrade. Blog HQ has some solutions to various problems, so my advice would be to check it out.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I still get logged off when I look at the Archives, and the Community Blog List is still buggy when I view it using Internet Explorer on some computers, forcing me to use Firefox.Somehow to me this looks a little more like a DOWNgrade, no offence.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I've been having a little bit more difficulty with adding links (other than by copy-pasting into the post), as the editor froze (or, more accurately, the portion of the screen displaying BZPower went dark and did precisely nothing after that) when I pressed the "Insert Link" button, but that could just be my computer. :shrugs:I'll put up screenshots in a moment.~ BioGioEDIT: Specificity.

thats exactly whats happening to me except with the image button!

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I was wondering what happened to the Proto bar. Didn't this just get updated though (I thought that we would've gotten the newest software though)? It seems like things that involve the green loading box at the top of the window take much longer to load though (emoticons box taking about 20 seconds).Also, I had to refresh this page and copy-and-paste this post because I had waited an hour without a result here. =/

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

thats exactly whats happening to me except with the image button!
Me too.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

i jusat tried to link in a post and it happened again!and practicly all my posts are copied and pasted because of that glitch

Proto bar and spinnies are back.We'll look into the other issues you're reporting.For those curious, the upgrade was suggested by Invision to fix some of the issues we've been seeing. Unfortunately it does not look at though it's fixed the content block or staying logged in. We will continue to research these.

Just got this message when I tried to load a page:

Warning: require(/home/bzpower/public_html/board/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bzpower/public_html/board/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 391Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/bzpower/public_html/board/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/bzpower/public_html/board/ips_kernel/') in /home/bzpower/public_html/board/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 391

Refreshing the page loaded it properly.

Favicon appears to be missing (the old one really needed to be updated anyway)Content blocks cannot be moved, nor can new pre-set blocks be added.Profile comments no longer display the name and avatar of the member you're replying to.I'm using Chrome, for the record.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I was wondering what happened to the Proto bar. Didn't this just get updated though (I thought that we would've gotten the newest software though)? It seems like things that involve the green loading box at the top of the window take much longer to load though (emoticons box taking about 20 seconds).Also, I had to refresh this page and copy-and-paste this post because I had waited an hour without a result here. =/

That's because 3.2.3 came out 5 days ago.And yeah, the posting thing happens to me sometimes, too.

Favicon appears to be missing (the old one really needed to be updated anyway)Content blocks cannot be moved, nor can new pre-set blocks be added.Profile comments no longer display the name and avatar of the member you're replying to.I'm using Chrome, for the record.

The favicon hasn't been displaying on Macs... Are you on a Mac?--:ruru:

banner.jpg

I have all of those occuring on my computer in Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit and in FF7, FF10, Chrome 15, IE9, Safari 5, and Opera 12.00. =/

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

One problem I'm noticing so far: In my blog, I can't move content blocks. Any way of fixing this? So far, it is loading a little faster for me, but the above complaint is the only problem I'm having with it.

The content blocks have been buggy even before the software upgrade. Blog HQ has some solutions to various problems, so my advice would be to check it out.
They used to work pretty well for me beforehand, but now when I go to move them, it just starts highlighting the words/content/whatever that's on the page. If this is a problem that's going on for everybody, hopefully B6 and the staff can fix it soon. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Just got this message when I tried to load a page:

Warning: require(/home/bzpower/public_html/board/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bzpower/public_html/board/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 391Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/bzpower/public_html/board/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/bzpower/public_html/board/ips_kernel/') in /home/bzpower/public_html/board/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 391

Refreshing the page loaded it properly.
iirc that would happen every so often on the old forum too.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

This isn't new, because I've noticed this ever since the forums came back online, but whenever I get a notification in the bar at the top, there tends to be duplicates of almost everything. Usually it's only duplicated once, but in this screenshot I have, it shows 3 of the same notification:bzpower_duplicate_notifications_error_11-3-11.pngHas anybody else experienced this or a similar error?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick