Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Phogen: The rahk freezes, unable to tun around. She stands up, shaking a little, unsure of how much hope or credence to allot this voice. 

Ever so slowly, she turns, to frightened and elated to do anything else, to think anything else.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Exxan - Beach.

"I saw you making your way out here, so I decided to follow you," I explained, stopping a few steps away from her. I knew I probably looked awful. My armour had been scratched and dented even before I'd gone and collapsed an entire tunnel network on top of my head. And making my way back to Corpus Rahkshi hadn't exactly been a walk in the park either...

"So, where have you been?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Hoto - Nynrah

Hoto fell up against a tree and didn't say anything for a moment, too out of breath to speak. As tired as she was, she couldn't stop fidgeting. She couldn't stop seeing.

"Just... n-need a break," she stammered.

IC: Rain - Gym

The cloud of glass was too large and too fast to completely avoid, but Rain did her best as she leapt to the side. The tiny shards sliced at even the smallest bit of exposed organics, though much of it shattered harmlessly against her carapace. She couldn't hold back the scream of rage and pain as she fell to the ground.

"Your... brother?" she gasped. This Brakas was related to Stripes, and she had just ruined her new paint. As tempting as it was to stay down, Rain couldn't give up now. Slowly and leaning heavily on her staff, she pushed herself up. "Your brother... took everything from me!" she shrieked as she countered with another flurry of daggers with added glass jars.

IC: Era - Forest.

"Okay.... if you're sure..." 

IC: Sliver - Gym.

I responded with an air blast of equal force, slowing the speed of the projectiles enough for me to evade most of them... except for the stupid glass jar that managed to smash right into my face. 

Clenching my eyes tightly shut, I pulled off the chunks embedded in my faceplate then sent a focused pulse of air off my armour, clearing the smaller glass shards off my armour. 

"And now he's dead," I finally spoke up once more, "There's no point trying to punish me for his crimes." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Well then," Rain smirked through the agony. "I guess I have to kill someone for his mistakes."

As Split cleaned the glass from her face, Rain was making her way closer. She wasn't wasting a chance like this to put the blade of her staff right between Split's eyes. The blast of air did little to deter the axe blade as Rain drove it downwards with all the strength she could muster.

I twisted out of the way of the oncoming blade, a burst of cyclonic energy increasing my speed. My bow-blade sliced out towards the other rahk's side as I did so. It was a shame, really. Under different circumstances, I had a feeling she and I would've gotten along. 

IC Phogen: She blinks at Exxan. It is Exxan. There's no way it can't be Exxan. She steps towards him. Her pace quickens.

The fist impacts his jaw just long enough for it to stagger him. She was irate, beyond furious at him. She could believe this. "You stayed behind on that island?! Are you insane! You sick, selfish, idiotic moralizing toa!"

Before Exxan could recover and deliver an angry retort, Phogen was on top of him, embracing him tightly and sniffling. She was having trouble with this whole emoting and emotions thing. She never would understand how other people dealt with this. "I'm sorry... Exxan I'm sorry and I missed you." Her voice was quiet, meek, and buried firmly in his shoulder.

• Upvote 3

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

I was stunned. Both by the actual punch and by this sudden display of emotion Phogen was showing. "Missed me?" I shoved her away; my turn to be angry. "You left me. You just up and vanished when I needed you most. And now, when everyone thinks I'm dead, you suddenly decide that you care?" 

IC Phogen: "I-I do care, !" Phogen stood her ground and scowled at him. "I do care! I carved my heart out on your bloody headstone, I went to deliver your flowers, I went to Tridax for your freaking knives, I even cried at your funeral like some weakling matoran and you think that this is some shallow political scheme?!" She knew she was avoiding the disappearance in her talk. It was traumatic and she did not want to bring it up.

"Last time I saw you, all you cared about were your schemes. The only reason you tried to flirt with me then was because I was powerful, influential," I rubbed my jaw, trying to work some feeling back into it, "What changed?" Something had, I could tell. Phogen was a great liar, but this - real, raw, genuine emotion - this was no trick.

"How am I supposed to trust you, believe anything you say, if you won't be honest with me?" 

IC Phogen: She stood there and stared at him, blinking. It was almost as if she was trying to describe her answer. Instead, all she could do was start shaking. She slowly shrunk, bringing her legs together and holding herself. "I-I-I dug too deep. I-I learned too much and started asking questions I should have known not to ask. S-so I was made to disappear. A-a-and.." Phogen seemed to freeze up, staring at something horrible, some remembered darkness past comprehension, some writing mass. She suddenly twitched and scratched at herself, making sure her kraata casing was still on and clawing at it wildly to keep it that way.

She stopped at once and shivered, calming back down. She put her face in her hands and shook her head. "I got all the answers I thought I wanted. And I escaped. A kind soul cured my insanity and gave her life for it. And... And I tried to do what she did, but Mata Nui has no mercy for his own children, let alone his nephews. So I allowed myself to be recaptured. My father pulled some strings, impressed by my escape, and brought me back here not too long ago." She shivered and stayed put.

• Upvote 3

As excuses went, that one was admittedly pretty good. 

"Do you know what happened while you were gone?" I asked breathlessly, doing my utmost not to collapse into an emotional wreck, "Omega attacked me, tried to kill me. Instead, I killed him. And now, everyone hates me. You were the one person left in the school who I thought might show me the slightest shred of sympathy and. You. Weren't. There." 

IC Caoutchouc / Clearing

The clearing they had landed in was beautiful. A perfect, peaceful and serene landscape. Picturesque in it's layout. It also had a rather metaphorical clearing effect, being away from the school's miasmatic mood had provided the rubberrahk with a great deal of clarity, the long icy flight cooling his inflamed feelings. Now he just felt rather melancholic, rather than omnidirectionally nihilistic. Bad things had happened, but he lived. He glanced at Jayar and Hoto, it was good to see those things flourishing.

They lived, they could love. Perhaps things wouldn't be so bad after all?

It was a shame that Exxan wasn't here to see that and feel this. He figured that out of all of them, he was the one most in need of such a gift, the feeling of peace of mind.

Edited by Kaneo Takarada
  • Upvote 3

...but close to it

IC Phogen: The derhak before him was a rational, calculating individual. She had just grown basic genuine emotions recently, and was still struggling to deal with them effectively. She was not one prone to passionate outburst so much as measured performances. Any voice modulation was controled an precise, every subtle tic. 

This was different.

She paced frantically, twitching and splashing through the surf and letting out screeching subsonic bursts of different frequencies. She began to ramble "I was being TAKEN APART AND PUT BACK TOGETHER *REPEATEDLY* by a mass of sentient biomass that wanted to know how I worked. He would reconnect my kraata to test various responses. He took my kraata out and rearranged my body and put in back in and took me apart and put me in a rahi who I had to share thoughtshunteatswim-ARGH! and apart and together with his own being and apart and I'mAVirusInTheHostDarkCarcinogenVirusAbberation-ARGH! And I'm a virus You're a virus I'm a virus I'm an abberation on the flesh of the universe that kilkilKILL-ARGH!! And apart and apart and a part and together and apart and into a new one again and again and-ARGH!"

At this she collapsed into a small, quivering ball in the surf.

IC Optis:

Optis watched, spellbound, as the Rahkshi fought in a display of magical energies. One unleashing wind here, the other using cyclones with great skill. 

IC Fog:

Fog turned and walked into the school, heading for the Armory. He needed new weapons. More importantly, he needed to learn to fight.

r

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

"Hey, hey," I rushed to her side, pulling her close, "Calm down, please. We're both alive, we'll both be fine." I'd never seen anything like this before... I didn't know how to react... what to do.... how was I supposed to...

"Let's put all of this behind us, and start over. Please...." 

IC: Kovinth-Refactory

Kovinth sat quietly in the cafeteria, staring at the bowl of slop before him. He had heard rumors, whisperings of some kind of rebellion, had even seen Vitesse, the onl Rahk he could come close to calling a friend, being taken to Tridax's office. he glanced away from his bowl, down to the notebook hidden in his lap, where his last entry lay unfinished.

"Something is going on at this school. Rumors of rebellion against the Makuta. I harbor no ill will towards most Makuta, my Mother is kind enough. But many of the practices I have seen sicken me. Torture, fear, violence... We are not their pawns, are we? We stopped being that when we began to think. I do not want to fight for Makuta. I want to live for Me.

He didn't know where to go from there. Rebellion seemed so extreme, but could a Rahk be free to pursue himself without it? Sighing, he tore the page out of his notebook, stuffing it into a small pocket in his satchel. No good getting caught with that... He looked up, trying to clear his mind, when he heard something, something about a Gukko? He had something for this, hang on...

He flipped to an old notebook page and stood up abruptly, channeling his power and teleporting near the Rahk who had been speaking with the strange accent. His coloring gave Kovinth pause, but only for a moment. "Excuse me? Sorry to interrupt, but... You're looking for a Gukko? I might be of some assistance, I've studied them in the past."

OOC: Vlad & Co.

IC: Blue-Gym

Blue, the silver Rahkshi walked the halls of the school slowly, watching with narrowed eyes every little detail. She didn't want to be here, her father made her come. But she may as well learn things here... Following the signs, she found herself at the school gym, shoving the door open and coming faceplate to faceplate with several fights, chaos in its most organized form. Many fights, but all contained, the room responding to all. Her grip on her staff tightened and she grinned, skirting the wall for now...

OOC: Blue open for interaction.

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Her long, unwieldy staff made it difficult to stop completely, and it was too late to avoid the blade. Instead, Rain twisted herself, bringing the blade back around towards her opponent while Split's bow sliced into her already shredded back. She couldn't keep going like this...

As her staff cut towards Split, a shroud of fog suddenly enveloped the area, making it difficult to see where the attack was coming from.

The fog came out of nowhere, and I stumbled, feeling something crash into my back sending me stumbling away. I backed off, reaching into my satchel and scattering a handful of mirror shards across the floor.

Watch your step... 

She felt a jarring impact, and then Split slipped away from her. A soft ringing sounded from a short distance away as something hit the floor. Rain managed to grin as she stepped towards it... and felt something crunch under her armored feet. If it was supposed to be a trap, it was a poor one. If it was supposed to help her opponent find her... Rain quickly ducked down and rolled back, biting back another hiss of pain. She wasn't letting herself be taken out by another arrow.

I heard the crunching of glass being stepped on, followed by the sound of something big moving to the side. I unleashed a wide blast of air in that direction, sweeping up the glass on the floor and dispersing some of the fog. 

Hopefully she'd be caught in the blast... 

Karz, she wasn't fast enough. A sudden burst of wind caught her and sent her roll into a tumble. Stray glass fragments added new scratches across her armor. This time, she couldn't hold back the shriek. 

As the roll came to a halt, she slowly and painfully pushed herself up again. A new cloud of fog billowed from her armor, covering her as she slowly made her way around the side.

IC Kat:

I landed, evenly, and with only a slight stumble. I couldn't afford to show how tired I actually was.

Even so, my spines drooped slightly, and there was a weariness to my voice that I just couldn't quite cover up as I smiled at my team, Hoto in particular.

"You all did great, I think we'll rest here for the day. I'm proud of you all, holding out like that."

IC Grim:

"You have an interesting style," the Adaptrahk said idly as they pulled back on the haft of their mace, pivoting on their foot as it whirled up the down towards the Surahk's carapace.

"You know, trying to kill me for the crimes of the dead brother I hated really isn't going to accomplish anything!" I called out into the fog, knowing full well that I was giving away my position in doing so, "Surely there's someone else you can get revenge on? He had friends, didn't he?" 

IC: Xara - Forest. 

"Yeah, woo, go team," I grumbled sarcastically, "We've still got a while to go, yet." 

She paused for half a second, wondering if this was some kind of ruse. "One," she muttered, her voice filled with venom and strained with pain. "Karzin' Thorns tried to kill me..."

IC: Fang - Nynrah

Fang stepped out from the undergrowth, one hand lit with plasma which he quickly extinguished. He slipped up behind Kat and whispered, "It's all clear, as far as I can tell. We're too far from any major settlements to encounter any patrols, and I haven't seen anyone following."

IC: Hoto - Nynrah

Hoto slowly sank against the tree, and her head fell into her hands. Her knees still bounced up and down, sending her clicks through the forest.

"Do you give nicknames to everyone you meet?" I asked, curious, "I only ask because it makes it really difficult for anyone else to know who the heck it is you're talking about." 

I put away my weapons, and started walking in the direction her voice had come from. "I prefer to get to know my enemies for who they really are, not for who I want to pretend they are." 

"Well, my brother's dead, isn't he?"

"What, you killed him?" Rain scoffed. As nice as their conversation was, Rain was not letting her guard down. She was backing away as quickly as she could manage, which wasn't all that fast, but she was rapidly approaching the edge of the fog.

"Not personally, no." I replied casually, "But I always knew he didn't have what it took to survive here."   

"Well, you're sadistic, vain, needy, and vicious," I listed them off one by one, moving closer to her voice as the fog slowly began to dissipate, "Your voice is familiar, and you act like we've met, so clearly at some point you took another rahk's armour. Shall I go on?" 

"In a word, I'm Rain. Nice to meet you, boss. Again. You are good, but apparently not good enough to recognize this." She gestured to her paint, now scratched and scarred by their battle.

She stepped forward, her wounded arm extended to shake, her good arm still holding her staff at the ready.

And now I had a name to go with everything else. "Hi," I reached out to shake her hand, half-expecting an attack. 

IC: Venom - Gym

Failing to find an opponent of her own to spar with, Venom merely remained on the sidelines, watching as the other students continued to fight.

So bored...

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Oh, she wanted to kill Split. Just like she wanted to kill anyone who ruined her armor that she had spent so long restoring. And it probably would be easy too. But not yet. Maybe something better could be gained by leaving her alive. The staff dropped, but not so far that it could not be raised if Split decided she was not worth sparing.

"Now if you don't mind, I have some business to get back to." She shot a glance back towards Lucid, still drifting lazily in her little pool.

This time, I knew better than to interfere; I didn't feel like another fight so soon, "Any particular reason that you're so insistent on murdering this rahk?" I asked curiously, trailing after Rain.