Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Flabbergaster

"Well, I hope Palma os glad to see us." He said with a sarcastic tone, and let out a bellowing quick laugh at his own joke before walking through the Infirmary door.

He laid the Rahk down on a bed. "Three more for when you're available."

IC: Liar - Hallways

Liar leaned himself up against a wall just outside Tridax's office.

There was absolutely no way in Karzahni that he was going in there.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Rain - Gym

"Where the Karz is everyone?" Rain snapped under her breath. She had been wandering the halls for a while, and though she had passed a few small clusters of students, none of them so much as looked her way. And their inattention was beginning to grate on her. She needed to kill something... or someone.

And so Rain found herself walking to the Gym. She pushed open the door... only to stop cold. In the center of the room was a massive stone tree, and an all-too-familiar Rahkshi dangled from one branch like an overripe fruit. Rain quickly backed out and slipped around the corner. And slowly, a grin came to her face.

She had rarely manipulated the Gym, but in practice it was really quite simple. All she had to do was imagine the tree was no longer there. She had no doubt her will was greater than that of Lucid. Branches began slithering back into the trunk as the great structure withered and died.

IC: Char - Hallways

Wait, was that footsteps? But... they were slow and measured, not the frantic struggle of an unwilling victim. Char risked a quick glance around the corner to make sure it was Draco and Vitesse. It was.

She darted back, hoping that her neon paint hadn't been seen. A deep frown was spread across her face. Vitesse was good.

IC: Lucid / Gym

Indeed, Lucid was no longer actively requesting that the Gym maintain her tree, and at Rain's command it began to retreat into the cold stone ground. It was an odd sensation indeed, hanging on a shrinking tree, but it didn't bother Lucid that much. It wasn't a real tree, just rock, so it wasn't dying or anything.

The prospect of falling did little to unsettle her, either. She knew that Fate was bound to interfere with her untimely demise, and simply let herself slip from the shrinking branch, plummet downwards, and finally land with a graceful splash in the growing pool of crystalline water which had formed in the diminishing shadow of the stony trunk, brought into existence by some combination of a caring Fate and her subconscious instinct for self-preservation.

Safe again, for the moment at least, she bobbed back up to the surface, and turned to float tranquilly on her back, ignoring the obtrusive stone roof to stare up into the stars.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Rain watched from her hiding place as Lucid fell into a conveniently generated pool of water. And then she just... floated. Her eyes didn't search for her attacker, but instead drifted off to something beyond the ceiling. Her hands grasped no weapon, but instead clasped placidly before her.

Disgraceful. Nothing changes.

She had to stop herself from running in there. One more chance. Rain conjured up a pillar with several small stones resting atop it. She grabbed one, felt its weight, and then threw it towards Lucid, a gust of wind helping it along.

IC: Illusive - Refectory.

I eventually headed back to the refectory to eat, grabbing a tray of slop and sitting down at an empty table.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Era - Skies.

I stifled a yawn. We'd been travelling for hours, and I was getting tired.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Gym. 

Circling another pillar, we lashed out with our blades, one biting deep, and the other glancing off the stone surface. 

You got the angle wrong, brother. 

I'm more interested in brute force than precision, sis.

This is a bladed weapon, not a blunt one. Try again.

Fine...

IC: Xara - Skies. 

I ducked down below the cloudline, peering down at the landscape below - a blur of greens and browns, with the sparkling blue of the river slicing through it. "We should probably stop" I called over my shoulder, "Everyone's tired, and it's nearly sunrise."

IC: Sliver - Gym.

With a burst of cyclone-assisted speed, I smashed the flying pillar out of the air and turned to face the attacking rahk - weather control, by the looks of it. "You know, as much as I love hurting people, seeing someone attacking a completely defenceless and possibly braindead opponent doesn't sit well with me. Care to explain yourself?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC--Beat--Infirmary

"Really?" Admittedly, it was a bit early to be judging Flabbergaster's character--she had just met the guy maybe five minutes ago--but he seemed fairly...well, maybe inoffensive was too strong a word, but he either meant well or was pretty good at acting like he did. More importantly, he had helped her out back there in the hall, and Beat felt she should return the favor.

"Guy with two heads shouldn't be hard to find." She grinned devilishly. "I'll bet once I'm patched up, I could teach him a lesson..."

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC Flabbergaster

"Get a tough hand." He warned. "He- er, they have pretty long weapons. I would suggest to handle them, you have two people, so it's an even match." He gave a slight grin, in case Beat understood that.

"Of course, you could just wait until an assignment. You might have the chance to slug hi- them then."

Knowing it was pointless to continue hiding around the corner, Rain stepped out into the light and twirled her new staff. "This isn't your fight, Split. You have no idea what you're getting into." She said it calmly, almost good naturedly, but with a tone that implied she was not to be triffled with.

"I asked a simple question," I made no move to draw my weapons, "You give me a simple answer, and no one needs to wind up getting tortured or executed by the headmaster."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Rain gave a soft laugh. "Ah yes, the mighty Headmaster, Defender of the Braindead! Listen, Split. You keep doing what you're doing, and you'll have the wrath of a real Makuta on your head.This doesn't concern you."

"The headmaster has entrusted me to help him maintain order in this school," I explained coldly, "And unless there's something I'm missing, all I can see here is a bully picking trying to kill someone who's too oblivious, or too stupid, to defend themself."

Still I didn't reach for my weapon. "So I'm afraid this does concern me." 

Rain sighed. "If you've got stick your nose where it doesn't belong..."

A blast of wind shot from her armor to throw Split off balance, just as quickly followed by a slash of her staff towards her foe's ankles. She just hoped this one could see like a normal Rahk.

I could've avoided it, probably. But I decided not to. 

Why, you may ask?

It was the same reason I hadn't drawn my weapons. The gym was a public space, full of witnesses. And as far as anyone could see, this rahk had attacked me. Everything I did from here on was in self-defence...

Hitting the ground, I rolled to the side, using my powers to increase my speed. I got to my feet a few bio away and returned fire with an air blast of my own. I was going to enjoy this...

IC--Beat--Infirmary

"Hnh." Beat was honestly a little insulted that Flabbergaster thought she couldn't take this clown on her own. Though she supposed it was a natural reaction; he hadn't exactly caught her at her best. " I suppose some backup couldn't hurt, if he's as rough a customer as you think. What sort of weapons did...uh, they use, exactly? Do you remember anything about their fighting style?"

IC Optis:

Optis's puzzlement at the two-headed Rahk was quickly replaced with excitement at the prospect of observing a sparring match. He walked over to teh wall and assumed his earlier position, watching with chameleon powers activated.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Her opponent's reaction time was pitifully slow. This was going to be easy...

And then she whirled across the ground and was up on her feet in a moment. Rain barely managed to avoid the brunt of the wind, but was still sent stumbling backwards.

This was good. She knew wind. And her opponent was still unarmed.

Rain dashed forwards and swiped with her staff.

I twisted away from the staff and lunged in close, claws slicing towards the other rahk's face. 

Rain was almost more frantic about keeping her paint fresh than avoiding pain as she instinctively unleashed another gust of wind to blow the two apart. She was sent staggering back again, but quickly found her balance.

"Thought I recognized you, boss," Rain grinned. She just couldn't resist. "Visorak General to Makuta's pet, just like that?"

I didn't waste time on small talk. 

As the air blast pushed me backwards, I drew my bow and had an arrow flying towards her before she'd even finished speaking. 

IC--Beat--Infirmary

"Well, if they're used to fighting people who aren't as good as they are, that could be helpful. And I can fight dirty too." She paused, trying to think of any other useful information Flabbergaster might have on their quarry. "Did you find out what power they have?"

OOC: Better go catch some sleep now. I'll be back in a few hours or so.

IC: Holistic

(Refectory)

Eating alone is rather dull, but a small chat with someone else would easily resolve that problem. I pick up my plate and spoon and notice a bulky Rahkshi sitting alone. Some assume that muscle and strength replace brain and intellect, but I see no reason to believe in such a foolish thing. Besides, from their observant eyes I can see that this isn't the dumbest slug in the puddle. Those eyes are cold and calculating, not brutish and simple.

I sit down opposite them and place my plate on the table. This Rahkshi might be the type that prefers to be alone, but such selfish people have always interested me. And if they get angry and threaten me, I can always apologize and leave. "Greetings", I say, not in a friendly nor a hostile tone, "Mind if I sit here?"

OoC: Talking to Shark. What's the worst that could happen?

• Upvote 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Vlad / Refectory

An awkward silence had elapsed.

"Er... yes, let's get goink," he declared, turning towards the exit.

IC: Shark / Refectory

"Greetings," Shark replied, his deep voice equally devoid of both dislike and hospitality. "Not at all."

The Refectory was a good place to simply sit and talk with someone; people saw you being sociable, thought they got to know you a little bit, and that sort of thing was good for alleviating suspicion. Not that at this point he was particularly worried about suspicion, no one but Rain and his victims knew of his crimes, but it never hurt to put a little effort into negating it.

IC--Beat--Gym

Beat closed in on her retreating foe and sent another swipe at his legs.

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

Sepulchral twisted only slightly to avoid the kick, which impacted his ribs with a jolt of fresh pain and nausea. But that was irrelevant. He had focused most of his attention on keeping the hand holding the chisel free from her grasp. He snarled and drove the sharpened wedge of metal down at his opponent's eye.

IC: Malady (Hallways)

I scream as the chisel drives its way down into my faceplate, missing me by millimetres. Staggering backwards from the blow, head reeling and colours flashing, my adrenaline-fuelled brain fixates itself on one thing: Revenge. Morphing my scream of pain into one of wild anger, I drop to the floor, nimbly rolling past my opponent in order to grab onto his back and thereby fix him into a chokehold.

IC: Rider

IC: Acinaces (Hallways)

"You're welcome! :D"

IC: Fíor

IC: Nymph (Library)

"It's about this island," I begin. "There used to be this huge, super-advanced civilisation but they got mostly wiped out during a war, so now the surviving cities use these armoured vehicles to get around and fight. It's a good read!"

VBWj75sh.png

Fíor - Library

"Is it...fiction?" I ask, a little unsure.

IC: Torch - Library

​"So, are you new round here?" I ask, me being the tour guid extraordinaire.

IC: Snake - Over sea

I could keep on flying. I want to get away. Far away. As quickly as possible.

Kathok

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

In his addled, nauseous state, Sepulchral couldn't keep pace with his enemy. When he felt her clutching at his back, however, he realized what she must be up to. In a matter of moments, her hands would be at his throat, and--provided she knew what she was doing, which didn't seem like a terribly large assumption--a few moments after that he would be unconscious. Considering the state of rage she was in, he doubted he would be waking up.

Thankfully, the aforementioned rage seemed to have made her careless. His arms were free again. 

Grasping Brutalizer near the head, Sepulchral moved it behind him, lining it up to where he hastily estimated her side would be. As the maddened Rahkshi began cutting off his air, his fingers moved toward the catch that would launch the blades and, hopefully, free him from her death-grip.

OOC: Last post for tonight.

IC: Malady (Hallways)

The other Rahk having overestimated my position, most of the blades miss me, although two slam into the side of my torso, making deep incisions, spurting blood all over the Kraata casing beneath me. I tighten my chokehold, this time paying a slight bit more attention to the arms.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Fang - Nynrah

Fang nodded and plummeted towards the ground ahead of the group. If there were any Matoran awaiting them, he would be first to know.

IC: Hoto - Nynrah

As the flight began to drag on, Hoto's clicks became less and less frequent until she fell into silence and blindness again. She just couldn't keep it up. Her path began wavering back and forth and drifting lower and lower. As Kat finally announced their landing, Hoto just about fell out of the sky in an uncontrolled dive towards the ground. Just before she smashed through the treeline, she remembered to click and slow down, and managed to land less than gracefully, but safely.

Another blast of wind turned what could have been a lethal shot into a painful annoyance as the arrow stuck into her arm. Rain hissed and resisted the urge to yank it out.

Now Split had the ranged advantage, but perhaps that could be fixed... Rain slipped a hand into her satchel and drew it out with a wind-propelled dagger driving straight for her opponent's stomach. A little trick she had learned from Stripes... right before he took her armor.

IC: Jayar / Nynrah Forest

At last, they were landing now. They had gone a good distance inland; the school wasn't even in sight. The river was, though, winding through the hardy forest not far from their current position.

Jayar made his descent alongside Hoto, though hardly as haphazardly, and weaved through the canopy to land beside her, on solid ground again at last. He turned to her and said quietly, "That wasn't too bad, right?"

He was smiling. They were free. He couldn't be certain they would be for long, nor that they were necessarily safe, but for the moment, the small band of Rahkshi in this isolated Nynrah forest was free.

IC Phogen: Phogen rose from the room he had appropriated and stretched. He had slept longer than intended, but that hardly mattered. Rest was needed for efficacy and efficiency in all things, and prior to this lengthy nap, he was operating on a severe deficit. Frankly, he hadn't had a good sleep on a bed in ages, and while the beds at Corpus barely qualified as such, they were a comfort to the once-homesick rahkshi.

Thankfully, his weapons were here. One was an old friend he hadn't seen in ages, sitting idly in a metal box labeled 'IMPOUNDED'. Eagerly, he popped the latches and ran a hand over the weapon, letting a thumb run over the carved lettering. It was a name he didn't nearly get to know well enough. A device that had so much potential but was woefully underutilized. An instrument for success that had laid woefully inert in some Brotherhood warehouse, yearning for a return to action.

Breaker's Song

Phogen toyed with the words as he spoke them, finding a cool, purposeful familiarity with them. Knowing the heft well, he slid it calmly on his wrist, checking the grip and trigger, reintroducing himself. Then, in a smooth motion, he holstered it on his thigh, finding the lithe weapon a perfect fit there, allowing for a good range of motion without too much hindrance.

Still, she did not have much need for it at the moment. Noting and marking the location, he rose and unsheathed the weapon, placing it back in the box. She shut it and placed it on a shelf.

Next was the other weapon, a small, machete length device that glimmered with the alluring soft blue and brilliant chrome luster of protodermis. It seemed to come from an era before time itself, when the Great Beings were designers and tinkerers and Mata Nui was but a novice in the art of the divine. Indeed, it was a tool for light in the hands of those who it was designed to fit.

Those hands no longer grasped it. Instead, a rahkshi reached out and held the prize, feeling oddly melancholy. The wielder of light had shown the wielder of darkness great kindness. They had cured madness and fear with their mastery of psyonics and an open heart, but at the cost of their own courage and sanity. They had not seen a rahkshi. They saw a being in need, a frightened creature in need of someone to share their burden with. Now the wielder of light had succumbed to their mental wounds, and her memories infected the wielder of darkness with a moral compass and an understanding of Toa.

There was a symbol embedded on the underside of the guard of the handle, a symbol of unity, duty, and destiny. The wielder of darkness was unaware of the words and the symbol, but they did have some strange force in the periphery of the mind that seemed to feel them when holding this khopesh. Something that made channelling power through the weapon natural. The weapon seemed to have a natural inclination to drawing up power and pumping it back out in a refined, focused form. It was a tool of power.

The rahkshi, contemplating all this, hooked the device behind her, slinging it on her back. She had a job to do. Something that needed to be done before sunrise. She rose and made her way to the dormitory courtyard, where the porters obsessed over their gardening. She wasted no time, and hoped to death she was not seen. She picked out a Crocus, a Eglantine Rose, and a Rainflower. The trio was calculated and retrieved quickly, much to the irritation of the fussy, chittering porters.

Her next task was a bit trickier, but not altogether impossible. She managed to convince the headmaster to give her two daggers and a flechette knife called Blossom for a small burial. She was thankful for the small amount she got and didn’t argue for the whole satchel. She knew that she would get rid of the on the beach, but she still had yet to figure out how. She finally settled on tying the lesser knives to a bit of broken off mangrove and keeping the powered weapon for herself. Pragmatism had to take priority, and the dead would have thought it a waste.

Having escaped the school successfully, and her visible pursuit shaken, Phogen made her way across the causeway. She took out her emotions on dodging the pack of gliding takea sharks that seemed to be Chirox's dish of the week. It took a little while to dodge the matoran patrols. Whatever incident caused the rise of hostile tensions was a major headache for her mission. Worse was the small group of rahkshi that zipped by overhead. Fools were probably out doing some sort of raiding or marauding or some other idle, innocent pastime that would get them in trouble. Phogen was tempted to follow, but decided better of it, and chalked it up to the students coming and going as they pleased. She had her personal mission, and they had theirs. She made her way to a secluded beach she came in on without much incident. She even managed to hold onto the knifes, and determined to set those out last.

It was a good example of how Nynrah's location away from the populated areas of the universe made it something of a gem. Out beyond the lights of Malenbranche and the the lanterns of Phantom-on-the-Water, there were little places like this, where the volcanic rock and ash of the volcano swept out through the mangroves. To many, the eerie color and knarled flora would make this beach a place of horror, but to a child of makuta, it was a little slice of paradise.

Phogen found this spot when she first returned to the island. It took a little while to make her way back, this time from the other direction, but she made it nonetheless. For a long time, she stood there, flowers in hand, and listened to the water roll onto the beach. There was a moment where she felt out of place, as if her strange, manufactured form was trespassing on the moonlit shores. She brushed those thought aside, unable to make herself even lonelier than she currently felt.

She looked out at the ocean that connected all the islands. She knew that list included Visorak and Nynrah. She knew that the sea could carry messages. That it could provide closure.

She slowly waded ankle deep in the water and looked down at the flowers. She kneeled down and felt at peace with the way things were. Then, with a gentle hand, she prepared to let the Crocus, Eglantine Rose, and Rainflower go, and drift out on the current.

Edited by Funkydude527
  • Upvote 3

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC Kat:

I nodded.

"Alright, let's set down for now!"

IC: Xara - Forest.

I landed roughly, crashing through a few branches before landing on the ground and letting Sand down out of my arms. "Seems pretty isolated; I think we're safe here."

IC: Hoto - Nynrah

Just before she smashed through the treeline, she remembered to click and slow down, and managed to land less than gracefully, but safely.

IC: Era - Forest.

I landed near Hoto and rushed to her side. "Hoto! Are you okay?" 

IC: Rain - Gym

Now Split had the ranged advantage, but perhaps that could be fixed... Rain slipped a hand into her satchel and drew it out with a wind-propelled dagger driving straight for her opponent's stomach. A little trick she had learned from Stripes... right before he took her armor.

No karzing way... I summoned up a cyclonic shield around me as I attempted to dive to the side - too slow to prevent the knives from slicing ragged gouges across my side.

"You're copying my brother's trick?" I spat, reaching into my satchel, "Don't you know he learned that from me?" I raised my hand - broken glass shards ground up in it - and unleashed them in another blast of air. 

IC Phogen: 

She slowly waded ankle deep in the water and looked down at the flowers. She kneeled down and felt at peace with the way things were. Then, with a gentle hand, she prepared to let the Crocus, Eglantine Rose, and Rainflower go, and drift out on the current.

IC: Exxan - Beach.

“Death in of itself, is not a tragedy...” I recited from memory, from where I sat, perched on a rock behind Phogen, “...the death of a friend is, because it is woefully rare to find one true and fitting.”

I turned my head, regarding her quizzically as I dropped down off the rock and onto the beach, the wet sand crunching softly underfoot as I approached her, “I didn’t realise you cared so much.”

Edited by Of Australian Origin...
  • Upvote 2