Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

I don't know what scares me more: the amount of pages I have to scale over every few hours or all this talk of ships. *shudders* At least I made Mantis a pretty un-shippable character... I think...

Quiet, loves animals and insects, honourable, understanding...

*narrows eyes* Don't get any ideas...

Nah, I already have ideas for my next... if I do them

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

Alright, here are the pictures of my MoCs of Jayar, Vlad, Ivan, Hoto, and Short that I've been promising. Since the point of these pictures is to depict the characters, I've done a bit of digital fiddling (cheating :P) with some of them, from adding lights on Vlad's cape (yes, it's really a towel) to recoloring entire pieces. There's two folders, one with large (absurdly large) pictures, in case you want them, and one with reasonably sized pictures.

Hey, Hoto looks pretty good! I think her size here makes a lot more sense, and I like what you did with the torso. Pretty much the only thing that I would change would be to give her bigger feet.

It's so cuuuute how Root keeps calling Melody things like lovely and damsel, but thinks Torch should die. The gentlemen that could of been...

He reads a lot of romantic novels and would probably be fairly chivalrous (because that's what "heroes" do) if he was social enough. He just... is very opposed to any sort of "villainy," which apparently burning the Library falls under.

It's to be expected, I guess. Don't underestimate Root's fighting skills though. :D He may be really awkward socially, but he's got a lot of tricks up his carapace for anyone coming after him.

Batman seemed to have trouble. Wait a second.....this is totally a comic book situation here. We have the insane villain and the heroic vigilante.

We also have perfectly sane people with far cooler heads. How about we let them handle things?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Good versus evil? So narrow-minded. You've been talking to Fang again, haven't you? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I refer you to Exxan's opinion on the subject:

"He sees the world in black and white, good and evil. People who think like that can't be reasoned with. It's a type of madness all of its own."

But I am Fang... pretty much. :D 

As of now, Root is just protecting himself. He doesn't see it as a glorious conflict of good and evil, though the dialogue might suggest that (I guess everything kind turns into a glorious conflict of good an evil with Root).

I think this is the first conflict one of my characters has won. To be fair, Root is probably my best fighter.

Deadeye has an odd way of having fun. Root doesn't mess around, especially when a villain is concerned.

B-but... we're Rahkshi... to the majority of the universe, we are the villains... 

Only Deadeye and Torch have done things that warrant the name "villain" so far. Who knows, maybe Root will eventually go on a crusade to purge the school of all villainy! Or maybe one extreme character is enough...

I don't know though, Root's mind is also a pretty odd place. His definitions of "hero" can contradict itself, such as in punishing a "villain" versus finding relatively peaceful ways to solve conflict. It all depends on how he's feeling in the moment, and what they've done to warrant their consequences. He's going to be an interesting character to write, to be sure. Soft-spoken and shy, but bold in action and opinion. Then there's the whole inner narration he's got going on. That's his actual thought process behind everything. He's turned it and his entire life into a story, and perhaps he has a loose grip on what's real and what's not, and that's why he tends to be so extreme.

I think Torch qualifies as a vandal; perhaps an arsonist. But not a villain. And Deadeye seems to be more of a nuisance so far. 

It's all the same to Root, in the right light. He would have completely ignored the trial if Revenge hadn't drawn his attention to it. He wouldn't have seen the need to beat Deadeye senseless if he hadn't been trying so hard to look like an evil mastermind. Maybe it is all "black and white" to Root as well. Or maybe I'm the crazy one. :D

Edited by Click

That's a very introspective statement, Click.  :dazed:  :confused:

Nah, I went crazy long before this RPG. It just tends to come out more now. :D

I think I'm just utterly unable to create an actual "bad" character. Pretty much every one (except Tube, but they're too dumb to know anything else anyway) is a "moralist" to some degree or another. Fang fights because... well, he just believes he should, and he doesn't want to be seen as weak (which I would explain in more detail if anyone ever asked about his necklace, but despite all the hints I drop, everyone ignores the story of where he got it and how exactly he met Hoto :D ). Hoto has experience behind her; she's seen a lot of good and bad in the world and doesn't want to be seen as "bad," plus she wants to prove herself just as capable as any other Rahkshi. Root... well, I guess I've explained him. It's what he's read, and he doesn't really think there's a better way to do it.

I think I put way too much thought into these characters. I know, not just their life story and how they react, but how they think and why they think that way. I tend to over-complicate things like that, especially where a good story comes to mind.

No, I get what you mean. I like to imagine my characters as actual people. When I write, I'm not writing what I think they should do, it's usually more what they would do in that given situation. 

Okay, a couple things. One, Abyssium asked Torch a question that he ignored. Two, you people are ignoring the fact that some of the punishment ideas came from Abyssium. May I ask why?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Okay, a couple things. One, Abyssium asked Torch a question that he ignored. Two, you people are ignoring the fact that some of the punishment ideas came from Abyssium. May I ask why?

I dunno, I wasn't there... unfortunately.

Torch decided that Palma was a ####ING ####ER OF A ####ING ########, JUST ####ING WAITING TO BE CHAR-GRILLED LIKE THE ####ING PIG THAT SHE WAS. In other words, he didn't like her too much.

R.I.P. Torch. No, seriously.

What do you mean, ignoring? It's not like everyone who made a suggestion except Abyssium was rewarded or something. Jayar suggested the rehabilitation thing that Melody volunteered to carry out, and nothing special happened to him. I don't see what you were expecting to happen.

As for Torch, it's only fair that he ignore us, after we ignored him so much :P. you'd have to ask Sil.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg