Patient Counseling - OOC Topic

IcarusBen

the thing about the appendix and even mammary glands are that at different points in the human evolutionary cycle, we did need them - our bodies don't go through the rigorous digestive processes they used to thousands of years ago, so there's no reason we need a second stomach, and the reason men have mammary glands and nipples are because those are things that develop even before physical sex

but that, again, is evolution. like chump said matoran and toa don't evolve, they're just made and every now and then turaga get together and make some more. no reason for chromosomes in that case

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

the thing about the appendix and even mammary glands are that at different points in the human evolutionary cycle, we did need them - our bodies don't go through the rigorous digestive processes they used to thousands of years ago, so there's no reason we need a second stomach, and the reason men have mammary glands and nipples are because those are things that develop even before physical sex

but that, again, is evolution. like chump said matoran and toa don't evolve, they're just made and every now and then turaga get together and make some more. no reason for chromosomes in that case

-Tyler

Again, isn't the general rule of thumb for Bionicle RPs that Toa/Matoran/etc. are just humans with fancy robot bits?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

This game is set in an insane Asylum, yet you're complaining that you have an insane character who identifies as gender neutral? That seems just a teensy bit... completely dumb. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

>biological gender in a world where there's not enough biology to actually determine gender.

[continued laughter]

While bio-mechanical organisms may not reproduce biologically, I see no reason why they can't have x and y chromosomes. There's no doubt in my mind that the biological part of Matoranoids are animal in nature, and thus most likely have gender determination.

Well, unless the theory that Matoranoid species are plant-based is true, but that seems far-fetched.

If that were the case, then having the power over Plantlife in canon suddenly just got super OP.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Quoting the words of Nato here:

Twas a joke.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

*rams into conversation*

Before this gets carried too far into off-topic discussion, I'm afraid I have to cut it right here.

Basically, the character known as Eman being played with no gender is acceptable, and that's that. Most likely the chances of surviving the planned future events are 1/33. Yes, I calculated those odds.

And whether or not the Toa, Matoran or any Bionicle creature or creation is fantasized with internal organs is another discussion which can be carried out in storyline & theories under the watch of a Moderator. On that note, characters with ridiculous absurdities as their gender identity or continuous spamming of a word or phrase in unacceptable in any circumstance.

And if you don't like the game, just don't play it. There's no rule forcing anyone who sets foot into the BZPRPG to play or get banned. Asylum is here for the entertainment of the player and for an interesting horror strategy game.

If any more of this pointless off-topic discussion continues, I will be calling in the moderators.

And Kovika: Bad. This is illegal. You may not "think" in Asylum. If you wish to think, go back into the lobby where we left the rest of the IQs.

This game is set in an insane Asylum, yet you're complaining that you have an insane character who identifies as gender neutral? That seems just a teensy bit... completely dumb.

I'll end this conversation with that I'm fine with him identifing as gender neutral, but I'm sure a medical instituition would check biological gender.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

I'm sure a medical instituition would check biological gender.

*facepalm* 

That would be perfectly fine, if your RPG was set in a world where there's actually such a thing as biological gender. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

just the fact that you won't give up saying 'biological gender' is ignorant of every trans and non-binary person on BZP, of whom there are many including several in the RPG forum, and saying it doesn't matter in the long run only proves that you really don't give a frick about those people

but sure. okay. it doesn't matter in the long run. (^:

i'll make you a deal: just stop saying it and i won't come back into this discussion topic ever again

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Well, this is a mess, isn't it?

While all the ins and outs of the conversation would need a good four-year university program to cover in enough detail, here is the short version: BZP follows the basis that a person is born with a physical (biological) sex, but that may not correspond to their gender identity.  Conflating the two doesn't help anyone. 

To that end, asking someone to provide their character's "biological gender" is just going to cause confusion and arguments like this; if you really insist on having characters specify their physical sex, go ahead, but to avoid confusion and these kinds of conversations, I recommend specifically referring to their sex rather than their gender.  (Just... don't go into too many details of what that involves.)

And as a general reminder: we do ask folks don't use a character's sex as an override of their gender (bar IC perspectives - maybe some characters don't get the idea or choose to ignore it, though that probably doesn't reflect well on them - or cases where biological sex is relevant to the conversation.)

Now, let's close the book on this conversation. 

Edited by GSR
  • Upvote 7

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Basically(read from really old review in TIME or something), when a decrease in size occurs, the amount of blood or other internal fluids have to race to meet the new speed and oxygen level to keep the creature alive. If not, it could lead to brain damage and/or weakening of the heart from sudden overwork. Something never really covered in Bonkle.

Of course, there's no way to prove this theory, as there are no shrink rays, but it might explain why Turaga seem drastically aged in the storyline. Halmos' bandage is purposefully slowing down the heart rate and preventing Kotak from getting some serious injury. So, you won't have to play an elderly character all of a sudden, and you might be a little weak for a while. Er, Kotak will.

Jorik's between Eman and security guard #1337. He's gone on believing the wood chips are, in fact, cheese. Unfortunately for Eman (and fortunately for me), Jorik really wants cheese. It's a rare commodity in an asylum.

Speaking of which, I've decided to start giving each prisoner patient a number. For Jorik, his number is #24-60-1.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Well, Scriva's was something like #04-73-75 or something. It was all the numbers that look like the letters that spell out DA-YE-TH.

If anyone wants to help me keep track of all the characters, I can assign them all numbers. Shame ToaTatonio left. He was in charge of running the character sheet, but he went poof.

I've also noticed how different Jorik is on paper than in practice. He was going to be dark and stoic, now... eh...

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Well, Scriva's was something like #04-73-75 or something. It was all the numbers that look like the letters that spell out DA-YE-TH.

*sighs*

Really? Now you're just rubbing salt in the wound, so to speak. 

Edited by Locus

We all know what's gonna happen, may as well skip to her waking up.

I'm sorely tempted to make twenty posts of dreams/flashbacks just to spite you. 

• Upvote 2

Do it.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Do it.

I second this.

In the meantime, Sal will just keep scarfing down a ridiculous amount of food as she goes back to ignoring everyone around her.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I cant find it, but did you guys ever respond to 135 attempting to open up Kotak?

Ghidora ignored it and timeskipped Halmos and Kotak elsewhere. 

I believe he was busy at the time eating charcoal insides of the monster. Oh yeah, and I didn't see it either.

Gee Fade, the council has no clue at all what's happening after Nyhe and Kotak made trips there... (sarkazim)