Patient Counseling - OOC Topic

IcarusBen

this is what i meant by open contempt

-Tyler

Ha_Ha_Get_out.png

As for Kotak's "escape," that did kinda go against the whole "he has a chip in his brain" thing we agreed on. Yes, Nyhe put in a failsafe, but it was never triggered. So... yeah.

Plus, if the weapons used by the guards to stop Kotak were electricity-based, doesn't water conduct electricity really well?

Water conducts electricity so well that it would go in every direction and quickly dissipate.

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

Don't worry, Fade won't die. Not here, at least.

If he wants to get in, though, he should probably take the bridge and be prepared to do quite a bit of talking.

Yeah, thanks but no thanks. I've had enough railroading for one lifetime. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Didn't the chip work in such a way he couldn't disobey her orders?

Did she ever order him not to escape or to stop?

The chip worked in such a way that he couldn't disobey Nyhe or Halmos's orders, with the failsafe being Halmos's orders being overriden by Nyhe's orders. I believe Halmos did order Kotak to stop, meaning he should've stopped.

And now, I've gotta go talk to Ghidora about derailing Fade. I've already started yelling at him for autohitting, and I'm still yelling at him for the Monster having Olmak powers.

Either way, I feel this game has become the walking definition of Off the Rails.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Not off the rails at all. We're being railroaded. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You 1. Escaped unrealisticly

You 2. Never killed the monster, the blow was from Sal

You 3. Became a Turaga

Accomplished 1 of 3.

Not my fault the guards didn't have any methods for stopping me beyond electric grenades.

The blast unleashed on the monster was not only elemental nova blast, but infused with Toa energy. Regardless of whether it was the final blow, it likely did the most damage.

That said, with everyone being super powered again, there's just nothing left for this game to offer me.

-shrugs-

I agree with Chumpu on this one; the "kill" was a team effort. If Kotak hadn't gone Nova, 135 hadn't performed his attack, and everyone else wasn't trying to pump the monster full of hot lead, there was no way that you would've let Sal damage it that badly, week of no posts or not.

As for the chip, weren't you guys arguing that it wasn't waterproof a while back? I bring this up only because electronics usually stop working when they're wet, meaning that whether Halmos gave the order to return or not, it probably wouldn't be in any condition to realistically enforce the command anyway.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Okay, hold on.

Lucina, what kind of restraints were holding Obruent, Akada, and Iyanu(if I recall) by their ankles? Vines, right?

000, what about those ankle restraints?

Why would Eman restrain Obruent or Obruent's allies? Eman is helping Obruent and the others to attack the staff of the Asylum

Okay, hold on.

Lucina, what kind of restraints were holding Obruent, Akada, and Iyanu(if I recall) by their ankles? Vines, right?

000, what about those ankle restraints?

What ankle restraints? Also, how did Halmos dodge the "torrent of mercury with the force of an avalanche"?

Kathok

how did Halmos dodge the "torrent of mercury with the force of an avalanche"?

The same way Halmos has survived everything else in this game that should've killed him....

Admittedly, that's not quite what I was thinking....

electronics usually stop working when they're wet

Irrelevant. The chip's INSIDE Kotak. How would it get wet?

To Locus; this is a bad example of the players trying to deviate a little from the path, and we're like NOPE! and forcing you to still to the road.

Sadly, it's backfired. Now we know in case we ever do this again not to railroad you.

Also, yeah... I think Halmos's armor is made from Nintendium.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

electronics usually stop working when they're wet

Irrelevant. The chip's INSIDE Kotak. How would it get wet?

To Locus; this is a bad example of the players trying to deviate a little from the path, and we're like NOPE! and forcing you to still to the road.

Sadly, it's backfired. Now we know in case we ever do this again not to railroad you.

Also, yeah... I think Halmos's armor is made from Nintendium.

I seem to recall that part of the argument was whether or not Kotak still had a hole in his head from the initial surgery as well, which water would've been able to get through due to his brief period of submergence after diving into it from the roof of the building.

Hence relevancy.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Ah. Right...

That slipped my mind for some reason. Carry on, then. :P

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: EMAN

Eman slipped in behind the two attackers and summoned forth their powers of Inverse Fire; several vines began to grow out of the floor, wrapping around the ankles of the guard, Akada, and Halmos.

Knowing that it would not do to be attacked from behind, Eman kept their back to the wall.

OOC

Knocking someone to the ground is an autohit

IC

As soon as his ONETRUECOMPANION was down, a lance was formed and launched at the guard's torso.

IC: Obruent - Here

Somehow the torrent of quicksilver had missed Halmos, so Obruent struck again from his prone position on the floor, a sphere of mercury enveloping Halmos' head. Obruent guided the mercury down Halmos' throat and into his lungs so that he may be purged of his impure life.

Obruent was then six metres in the air, the will of the gods lifting him. 

It's been a couple days since all this was posted.

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 2

...but close to it

Halmos and Nyhe die, everyone is happy. The end. 

Plot monster is also dead.

Eman stuffed woodchips down its throat

E: also, please refer to Eman as "they" and not "it". I also reject the blatantly overpowered, unfair auto hit that you just tried.

Edited by Lucina

a. They are plural. Plus, Nyhe is, understandably, a bit grumpy at Eman and doesn't respect them (must... resist... grammar Nazism...) enough to use the proper pronoun.

b. I thought Scriva was dealing with plot monster.

c. It's well within a Toa of Water's power to agitate the water inside a Toa. And yes, no matter how you look at it, Toa mostly likely have some form of liquid inside of them. Humans use water, hydraulics use water... If you were in Nyhe's shoes, would you not do the same?

Also, how is my "autohit" any different from Obruent's constantly and completely ignoring the Komau?

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Mods may autohit when they deem it appropriate. Every other game follows this rule.

Ben, that's also kinda odd how you scam my autohits, but lift up your own.

The autohits I've scammed have been all physical, i.e. "X punched Y in the face, knocking him to the floor," when in actuality, it should've been "X tried to punch Y in the face." "Y was hit pretty hard and fell to the floor."

Nyhe's attack was predicated on her being a Toa of Water and having the ability to do that. Since it's an attack that cannot be dodged even if I gave Eman the opprotunity but Nyhe could feasibly do, it's a fair attack.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Mods may autohit when they deem it appropriate. Every other game follows this rule.

The autohits I've scammed have been all physical, i.e. "X punched Y in the face, knocking him to the floor," when in actuality, it should've been "X tried to punch Y in the face." "Y was hit pretty hard and fell to the floor."

Nyhe's attack was predicated on her being a Toa of Water and having the ability to do that. Since it's an attack that cannot be dodged even if I gave Eman the opprotunity but Nyhe could feasibly do, it's a fair attack.

How am I supposed to dodge you somehow bringing all of the water inside of Eman to a boil?

Also, where on earth did you read that Toa have water inside of them?

Whether Toa have water inside them or not is irrelevant; it's just not fair play.

If I'd had Caetus freeze someone's insides, or had Fade create a black hole inside someone's skull, you'd have all called me out for it. I think the same principle would apply here. 

• Upvote 2

I'm with Nato on this one. (Once again, once in a blue moon do I agree with Nato. If I'd had Kovika (Weird referring in 3rd person.) freeze someone like Nato suggested with Caetus, that'd be more worse than Ghiddy trying to make a joke.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Mods may autohit when they deem it appropriate. 

Yes, but if they abuse that, then it reflects poorly on them. In this case, a GM using a ridiculous autohit to avoid having their personal character take damage isn't even remotely fair, or appropriate. 

• Upvote 1

a. They are plural. Plus, Nyhe is, understandably, a bit grumpy at Eman and doesn't respect them (must... resist... grammar Nazism...) enough to use the proper pronoun.

b. I thought Scriva was dealing with plot monster.

c. It's well within a Toa of Water's power to agitate the water inside a Toa. And yes, no matter how you look at it, Toa mostly likely have some form of liquid inside of them. Humans use water, hydraulics use water... If you were in Nyhe's shoes, would you not do the same?

Also, how is my "autohit" any different from Obruent's constantly and completely ignoring the Komau?

How am I supposed to dodge you somehow bringing all of the water inside of Eman to a boil?

Also, where on earth did you read that Toa have water inside of them?

Because even if it is a GM auto-hit, it should still fall within the rules of fair play. Manipulating another character's body directly via one's element is not only the exact opposite of that, but it would also break the game if everyone decided to start doing it. The duty of a GM is to not only moderate the game when necessary, but to also lead by example so that players aren't encouraged to start doing completely unreasonable things.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: