fishers64

IC: Shade - Conference Room Building Hall

Shade made one last check before hopping into the recharging chamber and turned it on. He'd nearly sunk to the 50% total energy mark and he didn't want it to stay that way.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Night Stalker

As Traferous speaks, Night Stalker's grin gets more and more spine-chilling.  When he finishes, Night Stalker makes sure he has full ammo and inserts three magazines into his tri-blaster as he asks, "Can you upload the defenses of the police station and all the info you have on the police bots to my memory drive, so I can know how hard I have to hit them, and how long do you need them occupied?"

OOC:  A basic description of the defenses and the weapons and abilities of the bots will be perfect.

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis Conference Hall

Drift settled into a seat and began looking around at the other people attending the conference. Most of them didn't look too shifty...

IC: Cobra Shard - Why'd I Have To Make a Rookie Hero? =(

Shard sat up and rubbed his head. How did that slime get up there? The rookie wiped away some of the goo from the brain that Stormer had pulled off confusedly. Groaning a bit, he climbed to his feet-

And collapsed again. He felt like he'd gone through the scrap-metal recycling plant. Twice. His Splinter Cannon has destroyed beyond repair, his right elbow was bending the wrong way, there were burning laser gashes all over him, and his armor was pretty much wrecked, not to mention some of the lingering internal damage from spending too long underwater earlier in the mission. Needless to say, Shard was going to be just about useless until he got back to Hero Factory or at the very least returned to the hospital. Staggering to a standing position again, he leaned heavily against a nearby wall and tried to gain his bearings.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Markus Vex - Cavern.

He raised his hands, projecting a pair of small shields to block the oncoming blasts. Lowering them, he jumped at the next nearest beast, trying to repeat his knife maneuver. 

IC: Anamnesis - Corridors.

He'd finally reached the floor where Hangar Four-Four-Bravo was located, but he wasn't going to approach it just yet. There was something he needed to do, first...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

"I'm fine, thanks to you. Those creatures are stronger than they look. It is quite interesting how they look out for each other, though. Especially when more advanced species neglect to do the same."

As he said this, Jason used magnetism to pop a sizable dent in his chest plate back into shape.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: And...what everyone has been waiting for!!! :P

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

"Greetings, fellow citizens of Antropolis, and other honored guests, thank you for coming. I guess you all know what this thing does now, although I wasn't exactly looking for the opportunity for a demonstration." 

He paused, to some chuckles from the citizen audience. Behind him, footage played of Mr. Makuro's laser beam heroics a couple of seconds before, courtesy of the Hero Factory News Network, and the esteemed Daniela Capricorn, just in case anyone had missed out on what had gone on.

"So, without further ado, I present...the Amplifier." He gestured to the stack of disks in front of him. "Recently, Hero Factory had the privilege of studying some of the brain specimens to determine their weaknesses, if any could be found..."

"Mr. Makuro!" 

"Please, hold your questions until after the presentation," Mr. Makuro said. "I'm not done explaining this yet."

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 2

IC: Wilbur Flood - Boat

"Actually, many higher eukaryotic species exhibit care for their fellows, whether in herds or packs or even parental groups! Not across the board, mind you, but it's very interesting! Did you know that many species of octopus will have a situation where the mother will sit and blow fresh water over her eggs until she starves to death? It's fascinating. I read a report on the subject recently, while looking for information on the new genus of sea worm found on Noma VI. Which is a very exciting discovery! They have the most fascinating mouthparts, designed for sucking flesh from decaying creatures on the sea floor. I do recommend giving them a look if you have the chance."

Flood beamed.

OOC: I like to call this IC "Ferro Regrets".

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM IC SHADE

Shade would find his attempt to recharge to be successful. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS (& FRAVI)

Traferous shifted out his communicator, but he didn't put the echo chamber on it, so Night Stalker could listen in. "Fravi?"

"Yes." 

"Can you please find the files we have on the Mechron police that I sent Dr. Lie to download a few months back to my private server? I need you to encrypt those and run a scan...this bot wants those files downloaded to his HUD."

"How sophisticated is that thing?" Fravi said.

"I'm assuming it can run a communication frequency," Traferous said. "I'd rather not have police bot schematics broadcast all over Mechron, though."

"Working on it."

GM NPC BEASTS (NEAR MARCUS VEX)

The beast that Marcus tried to attack scrambled out of the way. Three more Crystal Beasts fired at him. Surely he couldn't shield against all of us, they thought...  

IC: Shade - Conference Room

Refreshed, Shade exited the recharge chamber unheard and unseen (he had his sonic dampeners and his chameleon field engaged). He sneaked into the conference room in the middle of Mr. Makuro's speech and positioned himself in front of the inventor as a living robotic shield against attack. Shade faced the screens behind the head of Hero Factory and had his back to the crowd as he stood there watching Mr. Makuro continue on with his spiel.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

GM IC ??? (NEAR ANTROPOLIS CONFERENCE HALL)

The two beings looked down at the ugly goop on the ground. The brain master scooped up some of it in a test tube and stoppered it with a cork. "We will see if Makuro tells the truth." 

The beast nodded its agreement, and the two tried to slink into the back of the building, heading past a recharge station toward the conference hall room. The beast walked backward as its master passed the recharge station, wary of snipers. 

GM IC ??? ("DR. VENTURO")

Something felt very odd to the young lady sitting in the second row. Behind her, she sensed two familiar and deadly minds...and ahead of her was a being that was cloaked. Its eyes were in front of Mr. Makuro. Interesting...

Edited by fishers64

IC: Mr Vyle - Conference Room, Second Level.

For a moment, he considered the idea of destroying Makuro's new weapon. But Hero Factory was thorough, they'd have backups of the prototype and designs. Besides, the Brain Master had declined the offer to join Vyle's alliance. It made sense to let Hero Factory hang onto a weapon that had such a devestating effect on his ugly little pets.

In theory, he probably could've quite easily blocked the three incoming shots. But the power drain that would result from a shield of that size and strength meant doing so just wasn't worth it. 

It was way easier to simply deactivate his gravity boots, and fall right out of the firing line. 

He fell straight down, sparks flying as his armour scraped against the wall at his back. After a few moments he lashed out with his knife, stabbing it into the wall and slowing his descent enough to gravitise to the wall again without injuring himself. "Hey Zib, I don't suppose there's any backup lying around that you could send down my way?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"I've actually used it many times." Traferous said to Kavok, setting the cooridinates to his destination for the distraction.

He then turned to address the two villains, looking out over the city. From his vantage point, he could clearly see most of Mechron City. 

"Right there, just by the space port" - he pointed this out with a clawed hand - "is the Mechron police station. I'm here to destroy some of my competitors' property tonight, but that's not too terribly important. What is is distracting those police bots. I'm going to have enough trouble doing what I'm doing without bringing down the entire Mechron police force down on my head. Even for someone with my abilities, I prefer to appear to be law-abiding."

He grinned deviously for effect. 

"Kavok, you mentioned that you wanted radioactive materials. Underneath that police station...there's a vault of them from when Meltdown visited the place sometime back. The basement area where that is stored will also leave you with access points to place your bombs, and a hallway that goes to the spaceport - that's how Meltdown got it there in the first place. What you decide to do with all of that - that's up to you."

"Night Stalker, what I need you to do is to break into that police station and kill some of them, and lead them on a chase to the other side of the city, over there. I'm sure you can improve on that plan somehow - the point is to have at least a little fun. When you're done, meet me at the spaceport - I've already arranged for 78 to come and fly us out. If you can't get there, or it got destroyed, or something, just go in the direction of the biggest explosion." 

IC: Kavok Quake

"Anything to bring that factory down."

He walked onto one of the pads

"Teleport at will sir" 

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

IC: Cobra Shard - Outside Antropolis Conference Hall

Shard grinned weakly. "What's it look like to you?" He coughed a few times, jagged pulses of static wracking his vocal simulator. "How long was I out?" He asked the other Hero after he had recovered.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Jason Ferro- Cargo ship

"Er... That does sound interesting. Maybe I'll check it out, when I have some free time."

Jason really had nothing else to say. He wasn't well versed in the behavior of other species at all, his statement had been in reference to Villains robbing and killing their own without a second thought. Still, he decided to be polite and not cut off the other hero.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

if i can still join here you go

Name: dark mavrick or jason mavrick

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: water blades and of coures the basic hero items like gravity belts com systems and many other basic hero gear he also can upgraded and has before in both dark mirror and hero prime worlds

Appearance: a blue villain with a red hero core(it will make sense) secondary black and has a blue phantoka depowerd kanohi kakama(just for the looks not powers)

Bio: he is a cunning a bit brash at time person who will do anything to get the mission done if it even involves killing Akiyama Makuro also he is from hero factorys dark mirror. He is charged in hero factory prime with murder ,breaking and entering, and mass robbery note just because this guy is cunning he is also very very stupid so be noted of that the only reason most of his plans work are because of the brains Ender he is also very competitive if it evolves a challenge he will blow his cover by yelling very loudly causing everyone to wonder whats is going on but even with that he can handle him self in battle unlike prime mav who try's thinking his way through he can fight through it. He is also a violent person and though he may be stupid he does have a basic understanding of the other worlds theory and his mere existence in our world proves it is real

Location: it starts in makuhero city of the hero factory equivalent of dark mirror he unlike prime mavrick he is blue and black where mavrick is orange and white their masks are the same and his primary base is a place i made up cause outer space nero the mirror a giant asteroid with an odd material that binds the worlds together and allows him to go in between the dimensions

gorillaz1.jpg

The Mavrick thanks to Starwars ep. 7 for the avatar pic

IC: Saracen Rune - Armoury. 

With half of Hero Factory already combing the building for the intruder, one hero more or less wouldn't make much of a difference. With that in mind, he made his way down to the armoury to see about upgrading or modifying his rifle...

_________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Silvia Raine - Steptos II Orbit. 

Having made her way off of Antropolis, she'd flown her ship into a safe orbit above the planet and now sat back in her chair, flicking through a magazine while she waited for the conference broadcast to begin. 

if i can still join here you go

Name: dark mavrick or jason mavrick

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: water blades and of coures the basic hero items like gravity belts com systems and many other basic hero gear he also can upgraded and has before in both dark mirror and hero prime worlds

Appearance: a blue villain with a red hero core(it will make sense) secondary black and has a blue phantoka depowerd kanohi kakama(just for the looks not powers)

Bio: he is a cunning a bit brash at time person who will do anything to get the mission done if it even involves killing Akiyama Makuro also he is from hero factorys dark mirror. He is charged in hero factory prime with murder ,breaking and entering, and mass robbery note just because this guy is cunning he is also very very stupid so be noted of that the only reason most of his plans work are because of the brains Ender he is also very competitive if it evolves a challenge he will blow his cover by yelling very loudly causing everyone to wonder whats is going on but even with that he can handle him self in battle unlike prime mav who try's thinking his way through he can fight through it. He is also a violent person and though he may be stupid he does have a basic understanding of the other worlds theory and his mere existence in our world proves it is real

Location: it starts in makuhero city of the hero factory equivalent of dark mirror he unlike prime mavrick he is blue and black where mavrick is orange and white their masks are the same and his primary base is a place i made up cause outer space nero the mirror a giant asteroid with an odd material that binds the worlds together and allows him to go in between the dimensions

Not approved. You need to be more specific: what does basic Hero gear entail? Also, dimensional travel and Bionicle masks are not allowed for individual characters in this RPG. 

IC: Anamnesis - Maintenance Shaft. 

Waiting until the sweeping ceiling cameras were no longer pointed in his direction, Anamnesis clambered into the maintenance shaft, pulling it shut behind him. If the schematics of Hero Factory that he'd downloaded ages ago were correct - and why wouldn't they be? - from here he should be able to finally flush those stubborn heroes out of Hangar Four-Four-Bravo. 

He carefully removed a panel from the interior of the shaft, and reached inside. While he could've simply switched off the power, someone at Mission Control could have simply turned it straight back on. No, for this he needed a more permanent solution. He closed his hand around a bundle of cables, and with a savage yank, tore them free in a spray of sparks. 

If the schematics were right, he'd just torn out the main power supply to the hangar. In theory, someone with the right know-how might be able to reroute or restore power through other means, but that would take time, and time was not a luxury he intended to afford to his enemies... 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

IC: Echo - Hero Factory Hangar 44-B (Might As Well Start Using The Name)

The shock of the enter bay being plunged into pitch darkness almost broke Echo's concentration. He held together just enough to keep the scan running though. This was it; the villain was the only one who would've done something like that, which meant he was either playing more pranks on them or he was coming himself. Knocking out the lights before going in was actually a favorite strategy of Echo's, so he assumed the latter. "Prepare yourselves," he called down to Focus over the private link.

OOC: Not making up the part about that being his favorite strategy. Whenever I set up a breach situation with Echo's Hero squad, they always take out the lights first.

OOC: Nato, you can pick which of the NPCs was dumb enough to run because I'm too lazy to go back and find their names

IC: FOCUS [HANGAR BAY]

The sudden darkness surprised Focus, but he did not show it - if the lights had been on, however, his frustration would have been clear for a split second when he heard one of the civilian workers panic and sprint off into the shadows.

"Don't. Move." he hissed sharply to the two remaining workers, before speaking into the private link. "Echo, can you get us our lights back?"

He slowly crept over to the remaining workers, making sure to remain utterly silent with his steps. He stood where he assumed he would be directly behind both workers, but did not alert them to his presence; it was almost certain that whoever had fled was already dead, and he did not need them panicking further.

IC: Anamnesis - Let the Showdown Begin.

He continued making his way along the shaft, dragging himself along rather than crawling, in order to avoid making noise that would echo through the vents and give away his position. He emerged into the adjoining hangar, and began approaching the door to Hangar 44B...

...only for Sara Module to burst through, fleeing in panic from the pitch black interior. She ran straight for him, fooled by his current hero guise, "Please, you've got to help me!" 

"No." He replied, as she reached him. 

"What do you...?" too late, she saw his form begin to unravel, arm elongating into a blade that speared through her chest, already beginning to drain every last vestige of energy from her fragile circuitry. "No..."

"Yes," he snarled, cupping her face with his other hand, "I finally became exactly what you wanted me to be." He tightened his grip, and her head crumpled inwards, sparks flying from the publicist's boggling eyes, "A killer." His meal finished, he ripped the blade free and flung the corpse through the open door, to bounce and roll across the floor of Hangar 44B. 

Striding forwards, he paused just outside the door, nothing but a menacing silhouette in the small sliver of light spilling through the door. "Last chance, heroes. Surrender the traitors, or share their fate." 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

He remained silent; thankfully, by some miracle, the remaining civilians did as well, although he could feel them both shivering with fright.

When it became necessary, he would shift into combat in an instant; until then, however, Echo could do more....

IC Jade:

jade had moved to a different hangar to try and get her report written. 44B to be precise. All was going well until the lights went out, and someone else ran screaming from the room.

Well, tried. jade looked on in Horror as the murder unfolded in front of her.

She was a ship pilot, she wasn't trained for this!

.....Maybe she should have listened to Quark.

IC: Echo - Hero Factory Hangar 44-B

Echo would have responded to Focus' request, but just then the door he'd been watching opened and a small, roughly spherical object rolled through. A Hero-shaped signature on his readout marked their new guest. "Look out, potential explosive coming your way!" Echo called into the comms, marking both the rolling ball and the enemy on their maps. With their opponent's location revealed, he'd have a difficult time pulling any stealth stunts from here.

In one fluid motion, Echo deactivated his sonar, powered up all sound dampeners, came up from his kneeling position, unfolded his claws and leaped over the railing of his catwalk in an acrobatic flip. As he slammed his talons into a pillar to slow his descent, he activated the turrets in the room (since they were now running on backup power, the laser turrets were disabled) and targeted them towards the open doorway. Once they began to unload a devastating torrent of bullets, he pushed himself off from the pillar and rolled to a stop on the ground, already charging a pair of concussion shots and yelled, "You two, take the cart to the back of the room! Focus, I need you to hold him at the doorway with your shield!" 

Echo pulled to his feet and, remembering his fight on Tranquis VII, tuned down his aural sensors to avoid being stunned by any particularly loud attacks the villain could throw at them.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

Okay... I'm a tad confused here... So the lights and door locks were disabled when the power went out... but the turrets all still work? 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

"As I was saying, we discovered that the brains were entirely organic and had a unique nerve structure." Mr. Makuro contenued. "A system of cells, linked by fiberous threads. Thoughts were carried by electricity, the same as in our own robotic brains. We inferred that this similitarity is what allows them to take control over us."

As Mr. Makuro talked, a presentation behind him zoomed in on a brain, showing the audience the celluar structure. 

"What baffled us was how an electric charge could be sustained over these fiberous threads, considering that organics do not conduct electricity normally," Mr. Makuro continued. "We found that, on the chemical level, an interaction of nodes along these fibers, due to a sheathing material."

"To make a very extensive technical explanation suitable, this weapon specifically dissolves that material, rendering the brain's thought processes obsolete. The heat of the beam also dissolves the creature's structure, reducing your average evil brain into a small amount of harmless organic fluid."

GM NPC BEASTS (NEAR MARCUS VEX)

The tunneling beasts on the other side of the cavern from Marcus broke through a water main and busted his way through an electrical conduit mess, screaming in electric shock. The brain controling the beast fell off its host, cold and dead, even as the beast itself fell. A Crystal Beast caught him. Another Crystal Beast fired a blast to plug the main, which caused the main to burst up above the ground with a roar. 

Another Tunneler Beast finished breaking through to the surface with a thud, filling the area below with light.

GM NPC ZIB (TALKING TO VEX)

"I don't think they could get there in time!"

GM NPC TUNNELER BEASTS (NEAR STRIKER) 

From the vantage point of these beasts, the light was just a sliver, and the thud and roar were faint. But that was all they needed to make their decision, busting through the casing with their drills.

It took them a matter of seconds to get through, only to see that the casing was hollow - there was no turbine axle in the middle. They fell right through into the heart of the case. One of them immediately bore through the caseing and went after Striker, while the second immediately began cutting the case into pieces. 

GM NPC STORMER (W/KATHERINE/SHARD)

"Heads up, rookies." Stormer said. "There's a recharge station inside the building, and if you get a source of energy, the triage kit will likely be able to fix you up. There's no point in lounging around."

GM IC TRAFEROUS & FRAVI

"Okay, got it," Fravi said. "Should be incoming now."

Traferous looked over at Night Stalker. 

GM IC NIGHT STALKER

Indeed, Night Stalker would find Fravi's technical skills workable, if not neccessarily the content of his download. 

The Mechron police force was composed of Drax, who was a big muscle-bound character, about 6 ft tall, covered in chemical and nano-bot resistant armor after Meltdown's previous attack. He preferred an energy pistol, and carried about two of them on active duty. 

He had about 20 Deputies of similar caliber, except that most of them preferred semi-automatic energy rifles. About five carried pistols like their boss, and two worked as snipers. None of them were particularly fast or agile, preferring to use vehicles for that. 

There were also some standard civillians working for them. No surprise there - Drax hated paperwork. They also had a fleet of small miniture scout drones that could fire on criminals - basically round disks that flew with some sort of hovering tech. 

GM NPC SURGE

Surge arrived in the hallway near Hanger 44-B, only to see a...Hero...morph into a blade and kill someone. "Uh oh" muttered Surge. "That doesn't look good."

Okay... I'm a tad confused here... So the lights and door locks were disabled when the power went out... but the turrets all still work? 

OOC: Rylinth, I'm going to have to say that this is a stretch for the lasers. The guns could probably still work - it's not like Glocks need batteries, but lasers need energy to roll, so I'm going to say no to those. 

OOC: It's not a huge issue, I'll roll with it for now. 

IC: Mr Vyle - Conference Room.

Mr Makuro's explanation was of little interest to him. The fact that Hero Factory had put so much time and effort into creating a weapon specifically engineered to vaporise brains - and potentially a whole slew of other organic beings - just went to show how determined their regime was to remain in control of this galaxy. 

He would enjoy the day that the hero dictatorship finally came to an end. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Well then, perhaps you ought to tell everyone to get away from that conference hall," he lowered into a crouch, flicking brain blood off his blade, "Because there's only so much I can do down here by myself." 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Anamnesis - Outside Hangar 44B. 

He wasn't certain how the turrets were all still functioning with the main power cables physically torn out of the maintenance shaft - perhaps they ran on a different system, or stored some power in batteries or some kind - but he didn't stick around to get shot. 

The moment he sensed the weapons come online and rotate towards him, he stepped back out of the firing line, stopping just to the side of the doorway. "You can't keep me out forever!" he roared. The turrets would have to run out of bullets or power at some point, after all, "And you can't stay in there, either!" With the power cut, the trapped heroes and civilians wouldn't be able to make much use of the recharging stations.

If all else failed, he was content to simply starve them out. 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

IC Kathrine:

"Probably be best to Get Shard back to base, sir! Permission to leave?"

IC Striker:

Slag.

Striker let go of the ladder, letting the current pull him away as he cloaked himself. He wasn't too sure of the range on a piton underwater, and he'd hoped not to have to use it.

It now looked like he'd have little choice. Luckily underwater the faint ripple of light bending around him would be lost in the water.

Edited by The Amaztastical Lynn

GM NPC TUNNELER BEAST (FREE - NEAR STRIKER)

The beast saw the Hero let go of the ladder on seeing him. Why? it wondered, then suddenly remembered that the rest of his race above were controlled by brains. The Hero probably had mistook him for an enemy. 

It crawled down the ladder, trying to show that it had no brain on its head. Its companion tried to widen the hole...until they saw the Hero vanish. Where did he go? they wondered. Did the brain master transport him somewhere else?

OOC: I'd just like to point out that Hero Factory probably has defences against cutting power such as not having turrets hooked up to the same power line as the lights, because in Secret Mission 2, the Legion of Darkness tried the exact same thing. You'd think after that, they'd update their defence systems and junk. So, yeah, for fairness, the lasers may not work, but it's not unreasonable for the other turrets to work fine.

Also: Fakuro would find no rope in the cavern, or anything that could be used as rope, right? I put that in an IC a while ago but it may have gotten lost.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

GM NPC STORMER

"Permission...granted. I want this kid off this planet, too. Are you strong enough to fly you two out? I'd rather not leave Makuro's bodyguards in the lurch, especially with the latest intel from Zib coming in."

GM NPC ZIB

"Shade, Epix, Nex, I need you to evacuate Mr. Makuro and tell everyone to get out of there. The conference building is about to collapse from below and fall into a lake of acid!" 

GM IC ??? (NEAR MARCUS VEX - "FAKURO")

Indeed, the mysterious Makuro impersonator wasn't going to find any rope in this chamber. There was plenty of icky beast pods and odd hexagonal rocks though. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Sorry to be so nitpicky because I know the answer will be the same, but Fakuro isn't with Vex. He noped out and went back to the lake to try and help Striker.

IC: ??? - Underground Lake

He sighed. His search had found nothing but a couple of rocks. He kicked a small one and sat by the shore, staring at the lake. Should he try and head back out the way they had come? He was sure his wreck of a ship would have something he could use, but he didn't want to get lost.

He glanced up at the sounds of battle coming from above, and contemplated it before giving another, more angry sigh and heading back up the tunnel. The Hero stuck in the lake would be fine for now. He could, at the very least, help the Hero above if he wouldn't be in too much danger. He cursed his conscience and climbed up the tunnel, grumbling to himself.

OOC: I did justify the turrets as being backup against an attack on the hangar, so it would be likely they'd have multiple power sources. However, a secondary energy reserve probably wouldn't be able to support the massive amount of power plasma-based weapons consume, so yeah, I guess the laser turrets wouldn't be firing right now. I'll edit them out.

On a different note, Jade's posts seem to indicate that she's actually inside 44-B. If that's so, then she might be able to help defend Flak and Sharp...

IC: Echo - Hero Factory Hangar 44-B

"Jade Riley?" Echo called out to the pilot, recognizing her from her file and Drift's descriptions, "Can you see if you can get the power grid back up?" Turning his attention back to his adversary, he silently rushed forwards and kicked the bomb on the floor hard, sending it flying out the doorway. When it hit the light of the corridor outside, Echo was slightly sickened to realize it was not a bomb, but rather Sarah Module's disembodied head. Despite their best efforts, she'd still been killed. Disappointing.

IC: Cobra Shard - Outside Antropolis Conference Hall

"Yeah, I kinda want to leave too. They should've given me somethin' a little easier for my first assignment. I'm totally having a word with my mission manager when we get back." Shard grimaced. "This probably means I'll get put back in the freakin' academy. What a total loss."

OOC: Well, Fakuro is still relatively near Vex. Probably the easiest way for fishers to reference him without giving away whatever his real name actually is. 

IC: Anamnesis - Outside Hangar 44B.

Sara Module's crumpled head - for some reason no longer attached to the rest of her corpse - suddenly came flying through the open doorway, skittering lopsidedly across the floor of the adjoining hangar Anamnesis was sheltering in. 

He wasn't sure what the hero had been intending to accomplish in carving up the corpse and throwing pieces of it at him, but he didn't care. If they'd resorted to throwing body parts, it meant they were getting desperate. "Do you really want to die protecting the worthless lives of these cowardly traitors, who conspired to destroy your entire organisation?" He spat, "You heroes could just step aside, walk away, and live.

"Get behind me," Focus whispered.

It was an order - that much was obvious to the civilians.

What apparently wasn't obvious was the need to remain silent as they obeyed said order; if the machine gun turrets hadn't still been firing, their position would have been revealed.

Edited by Lucina