fishers64

OOC: I'm not debating the fact that keys exist - it's just that most vessels in this game seem to have security systems more befitting of the sci-fi setting (mental interfaces, user recognition, startup sequences, etc). 

Crowley, admittedly, hasn't been on many ships during his lifetime, but all of them have been equipped with more standard systems. A key just seems... weird, to him. (And me :P)

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: This ship isn't supposed to particularly advanced, anyway. It's less like the personal ships some heroes have and more like something a civilian would use.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: The Scalpel - Portal

Silke had followed the Astral as far as she dared without getting pulled into the whirling vortex before her. She didn't like that Shade was in there and after tentatively exploring the area, she deemed it necessary to follow through. She took the plunge and found the sprawl of Mechna beneath her; the Astral too. She began looking around for a good rooftop to perch on that was away from the unsuspecting populace.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: Seeing as how everyone (by "everyone", I mean "two people") agrees with me about the key issue, I'm going to keep my previous post as it is.

IC: ???- Cargo ship

Accepting the organic's challenge, the robot placed the key into a pouch on his belt before drawing his sword and releasing the magnetic fields, allowing him to fall back down to face the thief. Immediately upon landing back in the cockpit, he attempted to stab the organic in the abdomen.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Um... okay... I don't recall asking for it be changed, anyway?  :???: 

IC: Crowley - Payback Time.

Crowley was quickly coming to realise that his assailant wasn't nearly as intelligent as they seemed to think they were. Jumping directly downwards into a confined space to attack an opponent who was bigger, faster, had lots more claws and teeth, and could project blasts of plasma from their skin, was not even close to a clever battle strategy.

In fact, most would say it bordered on outright suicidal. 

Now, poor Crowley was far from an expert tactician, but he did possess an advantage his opponent apparently did not - survival instincts. The sword was the biggest threat; that needed to be dealt with first. So, as the blade stabbed towards him, he deflected it away with the claws of one hand, before stepping in close and unleashing from his other hand a burst of crackling green light at the sword arm. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: That was the impression I got. Sorry if I was mistaken. Just to clarify: Does Crowley also have a resistance to plasma blasts, or is he just used to the pain?

IC: ???- Cargo ship

The robot realized his mistake too late, as the plasma blast burned through most of his armor, causing him to recoil, but only after dropping his sword in pain. Perhaps melee combat wasn't the best choice for dealing with an enemy like this. Once again, he repelled himself from the floor, allowing him to get on top of the ship, behind the cockpit. He drew his Plasma gun and began firing down upon the organic at close range.

OOC: Yeah, Crowley pretty much hit the nail on the head when describing this guy.

OOC: Just a limited resistance to his own plasma, but yeah, he's kind of used to getting burned. 

IC: Crowley - A Caged Beast. 

He let out a pained whimper, momentarily lowering his head to protect his eyes from the incoming fire. His hide stung, swiftly becoming a scorched patchwork of singes and scales. But he'd disarmed and injured the being once already. He could do it again.

He had to, if he wanted to get out of this mess alive.

So, scampering forwards, he reached out with one of his hands to fling a fiery glob of energy at the gun hand. 

IC: Necrissia

Necrissia finished brewing the tea and walked over to the table where her three guests had taken a seat. She poured each of them a cup, then placed the pot on a plate on the middle of the table. "I hope it's to your liking." If the guests were to take a sip of the tea, they would find that it is indeed delicious... well, to someone that drinks tea anyway. It's not for everyone.

IC: Uerub Kalslann

Uerub took a sip of the tea, which to her surprise was actually really good. For tea. 

OOC: I'm more of a coffee person, myself, and I think Focus is too, just to make this conversation more interesting.

IC: FOCUS

DARK LAIR

Focus took a sip of the tea. He shuddered at the taste and swallowed it as quickly as possible before he could gag, carefully controlling his features as he set his tea back down.

Luckily for him, Tina chose that moment to contact him again.

"We're landing now. Where are you?"

"On my way," he said, standing back up and glancing at the others. "I'll be right back."

• Upvote 1

Necrissia nodded. She then addressed the other two of her guests. "You two just wait here, I'm going to prepare The Regenesis Chamber." She then turned around and left for another room deeper within her lair, apparently completely serious about naming said room 'The Regenesis Chamber'.

IC: Uerub Kalslann
Uerub leaned close to Blink. "I don't know about you, but I'm starting to get a bit of a strange vibe about this one... I think she's a nerd." She said, referring to Necrissia.

• Upvote 1

IC: ???- High ground

The robot knew something was coming when the organic approached, allowing him to momentarily stop firing in order to block the plasma blast with his shield. The shield was now partially melted through, though it could still serve it's purpose with some efficiency. Wasting no time, the robot began firing again, this time aiming for the organic's face.

IC: Blink - ...

Blink blinked a few times. "Um.. sure?"

She'd never met a nerd before. If they were all this creepy, she hoped she wouldn't ever run into any more.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Crowley - Fighting For Freedom.

He twisted his head, letting his upper jaws take the hits rather than risking his eyes. His skin would heal, eventually, but he wasn't sure if he could regenerate eyeballs. And he wasn't in any rush to try it out.

Raising his hand, he unleashed another blast of energised plasma at the weapon, desperately trying to think of a plan...

IC Jet - Medbay, Astral:

Glancing down briefly, and trying not to sound worried, Jet asked the medbots, "It's not too bad, is it?"

OOC: How much trouble would a ship the size of Slave I have in traversing the portal?

OOC: It wouldn't be a problem. 

GM NPC MED BOT (TALKING TO JET)

"You have some damage to your legs' wiring and structural integrity," said the med bot. "It is fixable." 

OOC: I don't think Hero Factory would be handing out many death sentences, Vicarath. Life sentences in this case are probably meant as very, very long sentences for very serious crimes- and it would be unethical not to upkeep the prisoners. The point of prison is typically rehabilitation and atonement, not getting rid of problems. Death sentences are typically a last resort for extreme cases, I think.

Saying "why not kill villains who won't make progress" doesn't sound very Hero Factory-like, either. I mean, who judges who gets better and who doesn't? Life sentences may even be for those who don't get better, in the hopes that they go against the odds and do get better one day.

Anyway either way we spin it I doubt Hero Factory will be doling out many death sentences, if any at all. There are villains in Breakout that were seen escaping, and were from earlier episodes- Rotor, for example, and the guy has a death sentence on his homeworld. Theoretically, Hero Factory probably doesn't want to hand the poor guy over to his death. Seems kinda messed up.

OOC: I never thought of Hero Factory as an organization concerned with villain rehabilitation. I figured that if such a thing actually happened, it would be outsourced. Which is a possibly interesting angle that someone can catch up on. 

He hung up, cycled air a few times, and then turned to the villain who had a pressing question before he left them. "A'ight, pardner, sorry about the delay. Y'had a question? 'Scuse my rushin', I got a few places to be. But I figure I can answer yer questions if y'do me a favour n' point me in the direction of my teammates."

OOC: This is Fravi.

GM IC FRAVI

"I just want to know what happened to Traferous. Did he leave Makuro City and leave me behind? Is he alive or dead?"

OOC: Is that guy cleared with Fishers, by the way? I forgot to ask last time. Just realised it might do to check if he's actually approved before throwing posts that might need to be edited around.

Also, question to Fishers: How well-versed in villains is the average tourist? On a scale of "oh look, propeller Hero" to "WHY IS A SLIGHTLY SMALLER ROTOR TERRORISING THIS AMUSEMENT PARK?!"

OOC: Yes, he is approved by me. I don't know why he wanted that particular character to have a secret intro, but if he wants to, :shrugs: 

Rotor's pretty famous. Gyro has the usual markings of a Hero (right?) though, so I'm not sure if many of them would be alarmed. Maybe some of them would be like "it's Rotor!" and others would be correcting them. 

OOC: Yes, he is.

IC: ???- Ruins

The robot continued his exploration, oblivious to his impending doom...

IC: Arsenal- Mechna's rooftops

Well, any doubts about these visitors' origins were now gone, thanks to the overly enthusiastic Rotor wannabe. If this many heroes were being sent to a single place this soon after an attack of the factory itself, something huge must be going on. Perhaps some of his allies would be able to give him some information...

Arsenal had been hired by Mechna's government before, to assist with problems dealing with things they didn't want the Hero Factory to know about. If anyone knew what was going on, it was them. Arsenal entered the codes he had been given, hoping to get some answers.

"So, first the sky changes color, and now half the Hero Factory's shown up. Any ideas on why they're here?"

GM IC ???

"They are here to die." 

OOC: About Hero Factory and rehabilitation, I always figured it took place in off-world prisons, yeah. Something about the Villain Lockup at Hero Factory strikes me as a kind of halfway point, for villains awaiting trial, waiting for a spot to free up in a suitable prison or a transfer, or for villains who are too dangerous to be kept anywhere else, like Von Nebula. That said, I mentioned before that there are villains visible in the Breakout escape scene from the first few episodes from the first couple of episodes of Hero Factory. So maybe it is an actual jail.

Also, I was figuring with this new ??? guy there'd be some big amazing secret about him. Speculations include him being a robot Daffy Duck, Crowley's dad, or a suit of armour filled with miniature dachshunds who pilot him like Voltron.

Finally, while Gyro does bear resemblance to Rotor in terms of armour and junk (there is an actual IC reason why, I had to think it up after someone asked and I found I hadn't thought it through that far) but he also has the giant H on his chest and a standard, if maybe a little large, Hero build. Thank you for the replies!

~

IC: Timothy Gyro and Dorothy Quark - Quark Qruiser

Well, the tourists weren't screaming, that was always a bonus. Some looked worried and were backing away until he folded his wings down and straightened up, revealing the H on his chest more clearly. Now, with the exception of a few tourists, they seemed happier. Especially with the sight of the other Heroes around him. It wasn't exactly adoration, but it would do. He continued waving excitedly to the crowd. Well, he didn't fault them for seeing the resemblance, though he allowed himself a moment to imagine one day arriving on a planet that had never heard of Rotor before.

Meanwhile, Quark went to lock up the ship, lost in thought, but saw that Scarlet was still standing on board. She said, "Kid, get out of there if you're coming along."

~

IC: Ken Render - Cells

He frowned a little, in sadness rather than anger. "Uh... Yeah, think they were talkin' about him while me n' the kids were walkin' by. He left, and I'm sorry t' tell you this, pardner, but it's lookin' like he died. Guess I ain't exactly sheddin' tears- th' guy did join in on that whole mass' murderin' schtick, after all- but y'all seem closer than Wemblo bees inna cold breeze."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Let us rejoice, for Fishers has returned!

As for ???, it was less about wanting a secret intro, and more about knowing that parts of the profile were iffy at best, and not wanting to risk having Nato/The Old Master/whatevertheychangetheirnametonext write a paragraph long rant about how stupid it was. At this point, I'm just going to wait until the character encounters someone that recognizes him before posting his profile and leaving all the other players underwhelmed.

IC: ???- Fighting for his ship

The robot was able to move his arm away just in time, allowing the plasma to graze the top of the limb, leaving a mark. He began moving, trying to get a clear shot at the eyes.

"Ominous. How exactly do you plan to kill a small army's worth of heroes, or is that classified?"

GM IC FRAVI

"Did the Heroes kill him?"

GM IC ???

"We are planning to use an army. You are not included in the army." 

OOC: Let us rejoice, for Fishers has returned!

As for ???, it was less about wanting a secret intro, and more about knowing that parts of the profile were iffy at best, and not wanting to risk having Nato/The Old Master/whatevertheychangetheirnametonext write a paragraph long rant about how stupid it was. At this point, I'm just going to wait until the character encounters someone that recognizes him before posting his profile and leaving all the other players underwhelmed.

OOC: I did have to correct it to make it un-OP and uncrazy. And yes, I get it now. 

OOC: So... let me get this straight... the only reason this guy is ??? is because aspects of his profile were "iffy", and you didn't want other players having a chance to question/criticise it before fishers approved it? 

IC: Crowley - Ship.

"Stop!" He hissed, raising a hand to shield his face, "Or I'll destroy this ship and strand us both!" 

Edited by The Old Master

OOC: I'm gonna side with Nato on this one. And I know that's probably hypocritical, because I also made a character I didn't reveal the details of until later, but hear me out. Amayika was, as villains go, seriously underpowered. And, as it was put to me by Nato once, I'd been playing long enough for him to know that this mysterious lookalike was probably here to pull shenanigans rather than actually have a chance in combat. But I digress. There was a reason for him to not be revealed- it was part of a joke. And, in-character, it made the experience funnier- theoretically, readers would be right along with Vex- is this villain a shapeshifter? An evil doppelgänger? An experiment bent on taking the original's place? And then, the reveal is more surprising and funnier in its mundanity- no, he's just an over the top actor.

Okay that was hard to word without sounding big-headed but you get what I mean. There was a story-driven point. Yes, it can be annoying and even sad when your character gets rejected, or has to be altered. I've raised enough concerns and broken enough character dreams here to know that, and I emphasise with it and word it nicely when I speak up- OP characters aren't bad characters, after all, they're just better suited to a fanfiction/fanwork than an RPG with other players, especially in a setting wherein combat is a big aspect. But there's a reason there are rules, and there's a reason that players are allowed to weigh in on a character. Sometimes, we just want something expanded upon, and other times a character seems OP despite being approved, because maybe Fishers missed something or she skimmed a part because she's got like five hundred other posts to write. In any case, deciding to forego this issue by just making sure no one can raise concerns isn't really fair. If you had a reason to hide the identity, I could imagine this having a bit more leeway, but as it is, it's sounding kind of unfair, especially if you knew the character had issues beforehand.

Of course, ignore the above if this was a case of misreading/miswording.

Also, don't be so hard on Nato. Typically I've found he raises these concerns from a point of genuine confusion or concern rather than personal bias, though of course I can't speak for him, despite the entirety of Australia being an amalgamated hive mind that knows only an indistinct hunger and a deep, noiseless rumble that never ceases.

~

Render shook his head. "Weren't no Heroes. Dunno who, I wasn't exactly privy to th' whole conversation, but weren't no Heroes."

~

IC: Timothy Gyro and Dorothy Quark - Quark Qruiser

While Quark locked up, Gyro grinned down at Scarlet. "Who cares! They're all happy to see us! I love it when missions start like this."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: So... let me get this straight... the only reason this guy is ??? is because aspects of his profile were "iffy", and you didn't want other players having a chance to question/criticise it before fishers approved it? 

OOC: No, it was because the original profile, before I modified it, had him with a backstory involving Traferous' assembly tower. He literally wanted the character to spawn from it, and he wanted an answer to the question of whether or not it was okay. 

I told him no, since I deemed it too outlandish, and he built a better backstory for the character.

I also told him to strip out some parts of the character that were confusing and possibly OP, and he did this. 

And your reaction to this is precisely why he went to me instead of you. I could go into great detail of probably why he was uncomfortable, and all of my experience relating to this subject (more than you would ever want to know) - but suffice to say this: Nato, the way you criticize people leaves them feeling threatened and uncomfortable.

This doesn't mean that criticism is bad - obviously, in some cases, it's more than warranted. But the way your style is sometimes comes across as trying to control what the other person is doing (this person/player is not up to my RPG standards, therefore they are evil/wrong) as opposed to "this profile has errors". People are redeemable; OP characters are not. 

Now I will get off of my soapbox, and go back to my real job here, which is running a RPG. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM NPC FURNO

Furno turned his radio on to scan. A couple of metal bands came on, hard rock, some dubstep. Finally he got to a news station. 

"This is the Von Nebulars, your favorite news station for all the latest crimes and opportunities to commit them. Today is sunny in Makuhero City, as sunny as it ever gets with all the pollution going on. Tod?"

"Thanks Clarrissa. Recently a large planet came through a giant portal on the other side of the galaxy. It sounds like a prime opportunity for looting and profits. Exotic items from other dimensions pack a premium on the black market, which is the only market that matters!"

GM NPC BULK/STORMER/STRINGER/TOURISTS

Bulk opened the door. "Hey buddies, sorry, this isn't a ride. We're here on business."

"Hero Factory!" one of them gushed. "So cool." 

"We didn't call for help," one of them said. "Is it a false alarm?"

"Did you see the giant portal in the sky awhile back?" Stormer said. 

"Is that a problem?" one of them said. Some of them screamed. 

"It's going to be okay," Stringer said. "We're going to deal with it, and everyone is going to go home safe. Okay?" 

Stormer looked back into the ship. "Come on, Heroes. Let's go save the day." 

GM IC ??? (TALKING TO THE DECONSTRUCTOR)

"Perhaps knowing that the damage to the ride was caused by Heroes might make the job more worth your while," he sneered into the phone.

GM IC ??? & ??? (THE SHADY BAR) + NPC BARTENDER PERSON

"Get out of the way!" a civilian shouted, whacking patrons over the head with a semi-automatic weapon in order to make his way to the bar. His partner followed, screaming something about fried drinks and candy. 

"Ugh, not them again," the bartender grumbled, pulling out a machine gun of his own. 

"Two drinks," the civilian with the gun demanded, slapping money on the table. "Bannana-flavored brandy, wet." 

"Birds like us play khet!" the other said, grinning deviously. 

The bartender went to get the best approximation he could of the order, looking nervously at the insane rambling one. The other patrons at the bar had given those two as much of a berth as they could - their reputation had got around. 

"News?" the first inquired, still following the barman with his gun. 

"Rogue hero stopped by looking to raise the dead," the barman said. 

"Boring," said the insane one. "Better news bruise." 

"Some heroes went to the tourist district, after the big portal in the sky." 

"Leapfrog is too hard a game. No fun."

The two nodded agreement and sipped their drinks. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Okay, before saying anything else, the profile's iffyness had very little to do with the characters powers, it was mostly the backstory. In fact, very little was changed from the first draft of the profile in relation to their powers. The original backstory was improbable, and admittedly pretty stupid. Fishers told me which parts worked and which ones didn't, and I edited it accordingly. The character is really only slightly more powerful than Ferro, a character connected to them, as I'm sure everyone has figured out by now. My original intention with this character was to take an overused trope and do something different with it, but I seem to have handled their introduction to the game very poorly. I apologize, and will gladly take any suggestions you guys have about what to do next.

"Good, I wasn't asking to be. Does the sky have anything to do with this? The heroes' ship seemed to appear out of nowhere."

IC: Scourge- Mechna

Scourge was still walking. They began to wonder if they should have went back for their ship...

IC: Gabriel Bliss, Alex Drift, and Cobra Shard - Welcome To The Abyss

Bliss gave Drift a nod as the pilot came out of the Astral and joined the group. Bulk and Stormer had taken the lead and were already engaging the civilians in conversation, as was befitting of their Alpha status, and other Heroes, including Bliss himself, were already building up the body of the group, so Drift decided to handle a rearguard position. He'd heard some disquieting rumors about this place and wasn't about to let the Heroes take a surprise attack from behind.

Shard wandered off the Astral and joined the growing crowd of Heroes, completely oblivious to Mechna's sinister reputation. From what he could see, this was just another planet with just another mob of citizens to impress.

IC: Marrow - Astral Holding Cells

Marrow was finally coming awake and regaining the feeling in its arms and tongue. It groggily looked at Render through the laser bars and smacked its jaws a bit.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Something was wrong. It was clear at this point that his contact was being intentionally vague. They shouldn't have any reason to do this. There was no risk of him giving anyone else the info he had, and they knew this. They had hired him before. They knew what his policy with this type of thing was.

"How?"

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Mechna

Gorn exited the ship along with some of the other heroes, only to be met with a mob of excited citizens. They must have landed in the tourist district. Nevertheless, he clutched his sword tightly. He had been to Mechna before, and it had been anything but a pleasant experience.

GM IC ??? (TALKING TO ARSENAL)

"They have come here to investigate the portal we built to get us into this dimension. We plan to trap them here forever - this is an entire universe of villains just like us. It is a safe place for us to live...but they will be slaughtered. We will see to that." 

GM NPC SURGE

Surge had got out of the medical bay after getting his arms fixed, and was heading for the bridge, only to run into a short-tempered Hero he thought he remembered from the battle...an "Agent Riot". Yeah. Something like that. He looked pretty oblivious and lost right now though. "Hey man. You okay? You look kinda...lost."

OOC: 

Nato, the way you criticize people leaves them feeling threatened and uncomfortable.

I'm not going to bother arguing this, because I know it's a problem I have, and I've been trying to get past it.

But the way your style is sometimes comes across as trying to control what the other person is doing (this person/player is not up to my RPG standards, therefore they are evil/wrong) as opposed to "this profile has errors". 

But this... I'm not sure how to feel about this...

I'm sincerely, genuinely sorry if that's how my past criticisms come across, because that has never been my intent. I've been trying to refrain from critiquing anything at all unless there's a decent number of other players who share the same concerns. 

GM NPC STRINGER

"It's going to be okay," Stringer said. "We're going to deal with it, and everyone is going to go home safe. Okay?" 

IC: Saracen Rune - Pessimistic.

"Don't make promises you can't keep," he muttered quietly, thinking back to the dozens of corpses likely still buried beneath the ruins of the fallen Hero Factory. 

GM NPC STORMER

Stormer looked back into the ship. "Come on, Heroes. Let's go save the day." 

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Ready For Action.

"Lead on, oh fearless leader," she said with a grin, spinning her mace loosely in her hand. 

GM IC ??? (TALKING TO THE DECONSTRUCTOR)

"Perhaps knowing that the damage to the ride was caused by Heroes might make the job more worth your while," he sneered into the phone.

IC: The Deconstructor - Baffled.

His limited logic circuits were unable to decide which was more confusing - that heroes were on Mechna, or that they were breaking fairground rides. "I... I'll..." he trailed, a thought occuring to him, "Do the heroes have access to information on my past?" His only past crime had been committed on Mechna itself, so he thought it unlikely that Hero Factory would know about it, but he wanted to be certain before he went anywhere near them. 

IC Kaiba Blader:

"I'm.... Afraid I don't have time right now to explain it all, but perhaps at a later date I can compile a data chip with all the relevant information on the virus and....what became of us because of it. Suffice to say, it affected us badly, and we were regarded as too dangerous in the eyes of the civilians we were built to protect."

He looked over his body.

"As for my appearance, well..... Maintaining my own body and building yours was impossible, so my repairs were...... not as complete as I'd have liked. Hopefully you will not have to resort to the same methods I did."

He turned to Epix once more, though he still addressed hs comrade, "On that subject, I'm sure you'd learn more if you were to accompany us. Assuming our.... host is willing to entertain the idea. In any case, I am prepared to leave this.....docking area."

OOC: All right, that makes much, much more sense. Sorry, Pyrolizard, it looks like it was definitely a case of me misreading. Reading through what Fishers said, too, I hope I didn't come off like I was trying to personally attack you or anything. That's something I absolutely try to avoid when I'm voicing concerns about characters.

~

IC: Dorothy Quark and Timothy Gyro - Tourist Crowd

"All right, Heroes," she said, gesturing to Stormer's group. "Let's move out."

She led the way, and Gyro followed behind after grinning excitedly at Scarlet.

~

"Naw, wouldn't say that," Render said. "I was walkin' by while some of the others were talkin' 'bout it. Sounded like they knew, but I didn't hear who."

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Furno's Ship

Flood stared at Furno, face blank except for his raised eyebrows. For once, he seemed speechless.

~

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Chargers

Quiver paused, straining her audio sensors. Yes, there was a commotion outside. She finished cleaning her gun, climbed off he charger and shoved Thumper's arm with both hands. "Ellie?"

Thumper gave a grunt without waking, and though the shove did nothing, Quiver tried again. "Ellie? Th-They're going."

"Buh?" Thumper's eyes flickered to life drowsily, and she groped for the charge cable. "Aw, I was having such a nice dream, too..."

"Th-The one where B-Bulk goes to your t-t-title match?"

Thumper cried out, flopping off the charger. "No! I mean, how did you know?!"

Quiver smiled a little. "Y-You talk in s-sleep mode sometimes."

"Awww," Thumper groaned. Then, she snapped to attention before hurriedly scooping up her gloves. "Wait, everyone's leaving?! Oh no! I gotta go, are you going to be okay?"

Quiver picked up her rifle. "I'll f-follow you to where T-Titanos is."

"Okay! Let's go!"

Thumper bounded out the doorway, Quiver skittering along behind her.

OOC: I'm gonna say they weren't totally depleted, so the ten or fifteen minutes of charge was more of a top-up kind of deal.

Arsenal struggled to process what he had just heard. A universe of villains? The Hero Factory destroyed forever? Were the other villains on Mechna aware of this? There were a million questions he wanted to ask right now, but only one managed to slip out, one that he suspected he already knew the answer to.

"What of the tourists? From what I can see, they don't seem like the types that would do well in a universe of villains."

IC: Jason Ferro- Mechna

Ferro followed close behind, still limping slightly from his failed landing.

GM NPC SURGE

Surge had got out of the medical bay after getting his arms fixed, and was heading for the bridge, only to run into a short-tempered Hero he thought he remembered from the battle...an "Agent Riot". Yeah. Something like that. He looked pretty oblivious and lost right now though. "Hey man. You okay? You look kinda...lost."

IC: Riot - The Astral (Hallways)

Riot stopped in his tracks, which may or may not have actually been leading him to the ship's bridge after all, and turned to face the Hero addressing him.

Oh slag. What's this guy's name again? Come on, Riot, think!

"Just trying to find Mission Control... or whatever passes for it these days."

Sparky? No... Kill-O-Watt? Wait a minute, that's a Villain. Ugh, it's on the tip of my tongue... 

IC Kaiba Blader:

"I'm.... Afraid I don't have time right now to explain it all, but perhaps at a later date I can compile a data chip with all the relevant information on the virus and....what became of us because of it. Suffice to say, it affected us badly, and we were regarded as too dangerous in the eyes of the civilians we were built to protect."

He looked over his body.

"As for my appearance, well..... Maintaining my own body and building yours was impossible, so my repairs were...... not as complete as I'd have liked. Hopefully you will not have to resort to the same methods I did."

He turned to Epix once more, though he still addressed hs comrade, "On that subject, I'm sure you'd learn more if you were to accompany us. Assuming our.... host is willing to entertain the idea. In any case, I am prepared to leave this.....docking area."

IC: Epix - Kaiba's Ship

Epix attempted to move past them in an effort to lead them both aboard The Astral.

"Whatever."

IC: Phantom - Mechna (Middle District)

Having finished her weapon upkeep long ago, Phantom continued to search for her next contract, browsing her way through a long list of potential job offers for one that stood out as intriguing.

So far, however, she wasn't having much luck.

OOC: Where would one bring a prisoner who wished to dispute the terms of their sentence?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Space court, probably.

In all seriousness, that's a good question. Traferous established ages ago that there is no alliance or UN-like structure between governments that you could have theoretically brought a case to, so I guess the best you could do is take them to the place they picked up the charges from.

IC: Var Vicious
"I'm getting a strange feeling from this portal. The force feels... different around it. There's much more darkness in there than there is here. And no, even as a sith, that is not a good thing."

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Seeing as how he pretty much had nothing to do right now, what with going outside into the public eye being a bad idea considering his black-ops status, Jimmy decided to open up the files from the Solar weapon they'd disabled some time ago. Perhaps if he could study the technology, he could adapt it to fit the factory's needs.

I guess the best you could do is take them to the place they picked up the charges from.

OOC: Except Hero Factory doesn't seem to care about other planet's laws. For example - not turning Rotor over to his home planet for execution. In Kaiba's case, though, most of the charges against him probably came from Hero Factory itself. So, uh, I guess he can go complain to Makuro or something?

IC: Var Vicious

"I'm getting a strange feeling from this portal. The force feels... different around it. There's much more darkness in there than there is here. And no, even as a sith, that is not a good thing."

IC: The Creator - New Dawn, Command Bridge.

It felt like it'd taken a very long time, but he'd finally reached the elevator. "So? Do you intend to learn the source of this darkness, or shall I go find out by myself?" 

IC: FOCUS

DARK LAIR

Focus reached the surface just as the Kestrel touched down. He was met by Tina as he entered the ship, as well as - to his surprise - Emily Sharp, whom he silenced with a glare.

"I will acknowledge that I think you had the right idea," he told her, "but there can be no denying that the way you went about trying to enact the changes Hero Factory needs was an awful mistake."

She nodded meekly, handing him a small bundle of cloth.

"The core is wrapped up in there," Tina explained. "You're sure this will...?"

"No."

Focus left the ship without another word; as he reached the stairs leading back to the lair, he heard the Kestrel take off once more.

IC: Var Vicious
"Your eagerness to jump into the unknown regardless of my warnings is... worrying to me..." Var hesitated for a moment, then went ahead and followed him. "I will go, but don't think for a moment you've appealed to my sense of curiosity. I'm merely going to make sure you don't get yourself killed and compromise my alliance with your people."

Necrissia pushed open a heavy pair of doors, and walked into The Regenesis Chamber, a large darkened chamber with a big slab lying in the middle. She pushed a few buttons on a touch screen panel next to the doorway, and the entire room became dimly lit with sickly blue-green flickering flames. The slab started to hover up from the ground, stopping at approximately hip level for Necrissia. Calmly and slowly she approached the slab, walking around it to stand on the opposite side to the entrance to the chamber. In the corners were stacks of crates, most of them with large stickers on their front, although one crate had lost its sticker, revealing the hero factory logo.

OOC: Hmmm... Taking two Prototype Heroes to see Mr. Makuro when one of them's been on the run from him for a really long time and the other he had forcibly disassembled?

Yeah, I can already tell that's going to go over smoothly...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.