Star Wars: The Force Awakens Sets Officially Revealed

LEGO has been sending out Twitter blasts all morning with official images of the sets that tie in to the upcoming Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. Rather than link to them all individually, I'll just send you over to FBTB, where they've compiled them all along with text from the official press releases. There's a good variety from small to large sets, some familiar, but many brand new. I don't know which ones I'll be picking up, but I'm definitely excited for the movie this December!

View the full article

Not as many sets as I had thought. Also no pictures of the other TFA constraction sets?

No, because those aren't due to be released until January. Chances are if those get a big, flashy announcement, it will be at New York Comic-Con or during the week leading up to it.

Not as many sets as I had thought. Also no pictures of the other TFA constraction sets?

No, because those aren't due to be released until January. Chances are if those get a big, flashy announcement, it will be at New York Comic-Con or during the week leading up to it.

Sorry, I'm pretty out of the loop: where was it said that there would be constraction sets for The Force Awakens?

As for the first wave of sets, I have to say I'm kind of disappointed. Not necessarily with the builds themselves, but with the new ship designs. The snowspeeder, transporter, and shuttle all look quite bland. Hopefully they look better in the film.

Poe's X-Wing is pretty cool, though. I'm in love with the Halloween color scheme!

BZPRPG

Will there be a second wave of TFA sets when the movie releases? I thought there'd be more. The sets look pretty good, though apart from Poe's X-Wing and Rey's speeder none of them really stand out to me. I hope they release an X-Wing in the white and blue color scheme later on too.

Hail Denmark

Might pick up the ones with the special figs in 'em. Nothing really screams 'buy me!" especially when I still have to buy the constraction sets.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Sorry, I'm pretty out of the loop: where was it said that there would be constraction sets for The Force Awakens?

Well, here's where we first showed off the Stormtrooper from the next wave. I forget if we had further news coverage, but I guess the deal is we'll be getting another wave of constraction characters early next year, based off characters from the new movie. They haven't revealed any of the other yet, probably so as to not spoil the story.

:music:

How is this news? Good pictures of the sets have been around for a while already. There's nothing new here...

They were officially unveiled today during the Star Wars mass unboxing. Images released prior to today were leaks. Now they can be discussed openly.

Well, I get that, but... blehk. Whatever. BZP has kinda silly rules about that stuff in my opinion but hey, if it works for them so be it. It just seems a little silly that the leaked pictures weren't even prototypes, preliminary or anything. All the same things, so it's ridiculous in my mind to just turn the other way and pretend nothing's happened. Lego knows those are their pictures, and everyone else knows those are their pictures, so I just feel like it only makes sense for Lego to own up to them. Then again, Force Friday is probably a gigantic factor here...

• Upvote 1

Was hoping for some constraction news, but oh well.

I really want some of these minifigures, though, like Phasma and Kylo.  And really any of the new Stormtroopers, I love the designs so much.

All the same things, so it's ridiculous in my mind to just turn the other way and pretend nothing's happened. Lego knows those are their pictures, and everyone else knows those are their pictures, so I just feel like it only makes sense for Lego to own up to them. Then again, Force Friday is probably a gigantic factor here...

Nobody's pretending anything.  We all know they exist.  LEGO knows they exist.  But per the arrangement with LEGO, non-official releases can't be shared or distributed on BZPower.  And LEGO isn't going to base its reveal schedule around whenever someone digs up unreleased images.

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

I do have a question for those have looked at these sets: do they spoil anything from the upcoming movie? I haven't looked at any of them yet because I don't want one of them to spoil a scene from the movie for me. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I do have a question for those have looked at these sets: do they spoil anything from the upcoming movie? I haven't looked at any of them yet because I don't want one of them to spoil a scene from the movie for me. 

Nothing in the sets or description seems to give any big plot points away (it's basically standard fare: troop transport, personal shuttle, most iconic starfighter ever, etc.), but some of the figures' names I don't think were known yet.  "So-and-so's Thug" or "Such-and-such Gang Member" might count as spoilers to some people, but that's basically the extent of it.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Nothing in the sets or description seems to give any big plot points away (it's basically standard fare: troop transport, personal shuttle, most iconic starfighter ever, etc.), but some of the figures' names I don't think were known yet.  "So-and-so's Thug" or "Such-and-such Gang Member" might count as spoilers to some people, but that's basically the extent of it.

Thanks for the reply.

So I looked at the sets, and they look really cool. My favorite would have to be Poe's X-Wing Fighter. I really like its orange and black color scheme. The others look good too, though the X-Wing really stands out among them. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

So I was at Toys R Us today and the sets are totally overpriced here. At first I thought it was just TRU upping the prices, but nope, those were the official retail prices. 

An 80$ set is 90€ here? Seriously?

I may be wrong, but I think the US prices exclude the cost of tax, which is added on at the checkout. (Different states have different levels of tax or something?)

The rest of the world's prices tend to include the cost of tax for clarity, meaning that they look higher.

$80 is approx. €70, so assuming additional tax of roughly 25% (€17.50), those prices seem about right.

• Upvote 1
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

So I was at Toys R Us today and the sets are totally overpriced here. At first I thought it was just TRU upping the prices, but nope, those were the official retail prices. 

An 80$ set is 90€ here? Seriously?

I may be wrong, but I think the US prices exclude the cost of tax, which is added on at the checkout. (Different states have different levels of tax or something?)

The rest of the world's prices tend to include the cost of tax for clarity, meaning that they look higher.

$80 is approx. €70, so assuming additional tax of roughly 25% (€17.50), those prices seem about right.

Lego doesn't charge any extra taxes for products purchased through S@H though.

Hail Denmark