Eyru

IC (Jasisu - Ira's House):

Jasisu did not expect Ira to mention ghosts. Her jaw hung open in surprise before she asked the Matoran. "What is the Ak'shii's goal & what exactly do they do?" The Fa-Matoran asked, wishing to sate her curiosity about them.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC Mina - Canus:

She nodded her approval of Hekua's sword. If her new Onu-Matoran friend could focus on building materials, then perhaps Fulmen could look for a weapon while Mina herself looked for building materials as well. Working together would give these two a head start on settling in before anything bad could happen. Not that Mina wanted to immediately push them out of the nest, as it were, but there was always the risk of some newcomer coming to rely too heavily upon his or her host. Some villagers made it work, even calling each other roommates, while the rare few had to learn the hard way to pull their own weight. Mina hoped that her own guests proved to be the former.

"We can go out first thing in morning, if you two are up for it," she replied to Fulmen before glancing outside at the fading light. She was quiet for a moment, then asked, "Do either of you remember anything from before your arrival?"

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Gapori

I don't laugh with the new guy but I grin nonetheless. He just earned a spot in my hut.

"Patches, you're with me for the night." I said, briefly nodding to Maru. "Bolu, you can have Paq. Maybe we can meet up tomorrow morning and show them the ropes together, eh?"

IC (Bolu):

A small grin crossed Bolu's face. The joke wasn't the best ever, but a little levity never hurt in a place like this. 

"Whatever you say, Gapori. There's a promising dune about a mio outside of town that would be best scoured by a group."

Edited by Junior Shark

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

IC

"Good," Maru said. "Thank you. And maybe y'can take 'em out tomorrow. Show 'em how t'scavenge."

IC

"No one knows," Ira said, pulling a pair of thin, ragged blankets from the sand. "They stalk the sands at twilight and under the moon. They prey on those who wander alone. It's why Maka and I always travel together."

He passed the blankets to his guests. "They are thin, like walking skeletons. Skin stretched so tight you can count their bones. Huge eyes that can see even at midnight. You know they are upon you by the smell of death that goes before them. Strange and sickly sweet. Like an open grave."

• Upvote 1

IC: Torpaq - Near Canus

I let out a chuckle, I'll admit. The joke is amusing, and rather less disgusting than I may have expected - which may reflect more upon my mind than that of Patches. As we trudge across the gritty, cold sand, Canus growing steadily closer, I solemnly contemplate how language affects our perception of the world. In such a joke, language warps and changes, distorting meaning behind layers of inefficient speech. I consider too that perhaps there is a purer, clearer method of communication that transmits meaning more directly - and only that we have yet to discover it.

I realise that my thoughts are beginning to drift like these sands - who I had previously thought eternally still - in the wind. Slowly at first, an inconsequential movement. But in a deliberate and steady way, as with all in this place, the handful of sand grows in speed and causes more of its kind to rise up in revolution against the gravity of the earth below it. That is assuming that there is earth under this grey mass. For all my knowledge, these sands may stretch as infinitely down as the do infinitely outwards. In any case, it seems that sleep has begun to grip my mind, but so has thirst: I will however wait until we reach the village to drink, as our supply of water here appears limited.

It seems that my thought process regarding sleep has been mirrored in the conversation of the group. Maru, who has maintained a stoic silence throughout most of the journey back, has agreed that I should sleep in Bolu's hut, while Patches sleeps in Gapori's. This will most likely be beneficial for me (and therefore any who choose to follow me in the coming struggle): I have no doubt in my mind that Bolu will prove a much more reliable source of information than Gapori ever would, especially taking into account his earlier performance. 

With this in my thoughts, we head once again into the village of Canus.

Edited by The Silent King

Kathok

IC:Hanari

First of all, she saw nothing. This initially caused the Matoran called Hanari a degree of alarm and distress, before she realised she had eyelids and that they were presently shut.

This was also when Hanari woke up.

"Nhah!"

A sharp cry erupted from the Av-Matoran as her eyes opened fast enough to spook any nearby Rahi. If 'nearby Rahi', or 'Rahi' were things that you could find these days. Sky. Sky, air...atmosphere? Atmosphere. Yeah, that's what she was looking at. She sat up, the sand crunching under her shifting weight. There was sky, and looking down, a whole lot of not much. Sand, mostly. Some distant mountains. And more sand. And some buildings. Buildings...with people in them. And near them, too. What a bonus. That was a...a village, was it? Probably. Why couldn't she remember anything? Last thing she remembered was punching a drunk man in the face. Or, at least she thought he was drunk. Was he drunk? Her memories were too sporadic, she couldn't piece anything together.

Taking a moment to gather her energy, she hauled herself to her feet. After just a moment, she slipped and would've fallen over again, if a metal thing sticking out of the ground hadn't stopped her. Righting herself again, and making sure she was properly upright this time, she looked at what it was.

A long sword, with which the blade alone came a little past her elbow when pointed down. The handle was bare metal, and the blade had seen better days, but it was a sword and it was still dangerous.

It was her sword now. She reached out to pick it up with both hands. One arm raised into view. Her right arm, in fact. Looking down, she found out why.

Yeah, it was hard to lift up your arm when all there was of it was a shoulder. Hm, that might be problematic in the future. Still, at least she had her other arm. Grabbing the handle and pulling the blade from the sand, she found the weight to be...tolerable. A lot, but something she could manage. Touching spots on her back with the flat of the blade, she found some form of half-scabbard on her back, sliding the sword into place and rebalancing herself to account for the weight. Her sword now.

Ookay, she felt comfortable with this. She took one last look around. Yup, nothing worthwhile but that village. Best check it out, then. Unless the locals are cannibalistic savages, but one can hope. With a stride in her step, Hanari walked into the village.

OOC: Hanari is OFI!

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Zavarix

Zavarix gratefully accepted the blanket Ira had given him. He wondered about shaking of the sand, only to decide that such an act probably wasn't very worthwhile, given their location. He was tired, but what little he'd learnt made him question whether he'd be able to sleep that night, there was too much to think about. Tracing his finger through the sand, he wrote a question:

Where do the Ak'shii go during the day?

kIxt3.gif 0xeKp.gif  OFIDc.gif  RbAEL.gif

http://dragcave.net/user/Virid

Wasteland RPG Characters:

Zavarix | Keristary

IC (Fulmen - Mina's House):

"I think I got knocked out & I'm suffering from amnesia, I don't remember a thing about this place or how I got here." Said Fulmen as he looked at Mina. "Thanks for letting me stay here tonight, I really appreciate what you've done. If it's not too much trouble, could you teach me how to build a shelter or fight? Having a place of my own would be nice."

"They sound horrifying... How did they even come into this world? They way you describe them makes them out to be the undead." Said the Fa-Matoran as she felt queasy picturing them in her mind.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC 

Ira shrugged in response to both questions. "Nobody knows where they came from, and nobody knows where they go. They are night-spirits that feed on the living, and I don't want to get close enough to find out more. I try not to say their name - it only makes them more powerful."

He shivered. "Do you want to talk about anything else?"

IC

Alright, shelter acquired! The looming threat of hot and possibly deadly treks into the desert aside, things were beginning to look up.

The brief conversation had taught him a few things about the villagers. Namely that Torpaq seemed quiet and caught in thought to a fault, or maybe he was just stupid and frequently left speechless. Gapori was definitely stupid.

Bolu... Bolu seemed a little wiser and quicker, outcome unknown.

"So, whadda we look for out there anyways? On my way in I just saw lots and lotsa sand and rocks..."

...but close to it

"Trust me, you'll be seeing a lot more than just sand and rocks once dehydration kicks in. Makes for a few good hallucination stories from time to time."

I chuckle, remembering my own run-in with a magical oasis surrounded by mountains of food. "But um, you're gonna be looking junk most of the time, stuff like scrap metal, wood, anything really. We don't have a lot to work with out here, so nothing's worthless or goes to waste. A lot of it goes to the Mad Queen actually, who gives us water in return."

I pause, giving Paq and Patches a moment to digest.

"I don't know much about her but she guards the only spring in the wasteland, which is located by her tower, north of Canus. She's willing to share for a price, though barely enough to keep us afloat. That's why we're always scavenging for anything worthwhile to trade."

IC: Aurelius - Canus. 

The Fe-Matoran's shanty was an unimpressive affair, little more than a rough cube of patchwork canvas draped over a wonky metal framework. But it was big enough to accommodate him and his meagre belongings, and positioned close enough to one of the fire pits that he wouldn't freeze to death in the night, so he as satisfied. 

As the sun began its steady descent below the horizon, he slipped inside and sat down on the bundle of threadbare blankets that served as the floor. He dumped his haul on the far side of the structure, alongside his sword and shield, before tying the doorway shut and settling in for the night. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dastad - Canus

As night turned into day and the desert sun took it's rightful place in the sky, Matoran began to file one by one out of their ramshackle huts, preparing themselves for the daily trek outside the village once again in an effort to seek out anything and everything that could assist them in their constant struggle to survive.

Glancing over towards the spot within his shelter where he had buried yesterday's haul as he took a sip from his canteen, Dastad took pride in the fact that today, he wouldn't face the misfortune of having to join them.

If his abode had possessed proper walls that were actually guaranteed not to fall over in the event that somebody breathed on them too hard, he probably would have leaned up against one of them as he stared out into the wastes, mostly just to milk some additional envy out of those who had happened to pass him by. Alas, this scenario was far from the situation at hand, which meant that if he didn't want to waste time moving all the rags he had previosly attempted to tie together into a makeshift bedroll, that left him with little alternative than to park himself onto the rough and grainy plot of sand just inside his doorway.

And considering he had just gotten it comfortable enough to the point where he was only waking up three times in the middle of the night instead of the usual four, it was pretty safe to say that that simply wasn't going to happen.

OOC: Dastad open for interaction.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC

Ira shook his head, clearly uneasy discussing such dark things under the cover of night. "No. No one sees them and lives."

IC

Maru watched the Matoran file through the settlement. His people carried bits and pieces of scrap with them, scavenged from the edges of the Wastes. The strangers paired off in twos and threes with the natives, finding what room they could in huts that were already hardly big enough for their usual occupants. The sun, veiled by the ever-present clouds that hung thick and grey over the desert, sank below the horizon, leaving the sands to the night. 

He watched as Elara prepared to head out into the wilderness, and shook his head. Going out alone was foolish, but he wouldn't stop her. People could do what they liked with their lives as long as they didn't put the rest of them in harm's way. 

His quarter-full canteen bounced against his side as he walked, uncomfortably empty; the less it contained, the more it seemed to weigh. Every step reminded him how close they were to lying down in the sand and never getting back up. He had tried to stay optimistic for their sake, but the sheer number of strangers had shaken him more than he let on. Too many mouths. They would have to go deeper into the Wastes to bring in enough scrap to satisfy the Queen, and the deeper they went, the more likely it was that some of them wouldn't make it back.

They were caught between a rock and a pit, he thought as he ducked into Nua's shelter. Die of thirst, or die in the Wastes.

Nua was awake, his green eyes peering blearily at his right hand from the relative comfort of his chair.

"What news, Maru?"

"Nothin' good," he replied. "More strangers. More'n ever before. Some dozen, I'd say."

The Turaga frowned. "We've never seen this. Why so many, and why now?"

Maru shrugged. "If I knew, I'd stop it."

The two remained in silence for awhile. Maru laid his spear down next to his bedroll, which was nothing more than a piece of mended canvas, and did his best to brush the sand from his body before lying down. It was an impossible task, he knew. The sand was inescapable. It covered everything; it found its way into armour and canteens; it crusted at the corners of one's eyes and filled one's teeth with grit. 

Sometimes, Maru wondered if this was the afterlife. If he'd committed some terrible crime in another life, and been punished with an eternity in this endless desert: covered with sand, always thirsty, always sweaty and hot or shivering and cold. He wondered what would happen if he died here. Would he come back as a ghost, doomed to wander the sands? Or would he come back as Maru, only forgetting everything else - a stranger like the ones who had appeared today? Would he-

Nua's voice broke into his thoughts. "How are the water supplies?"

Maru shrugged again, not that the Turaga could see it in the darkness of the shelter. "They were fair. Now're runnin' out. Too many mouths."

"I see."

The Turaga offered no further conversation; a few minutes later his breathing slowed, and Maru knew he was asleep. But the Matoran couldn't follow, as much as he wanted to. He gazed into the darkness, looking for an answer somewhere in the dirty metal that made the roof. Looking for reassurance. Looking for hope.

He looked long into the night. Eventually, scant hours before the sands began to lighten with the morning, he fell into an exhausted sleep, devoid of hopeful dreams.

IC: Zavarix

Ira shivered. "Do you want to talk about anything else?"

Zavarix thought for a moment while Jasisu asked if there was anyone who knew more about the Ak'shii. From the sounds of it the only useful piece of information regarding the Ak'shii was their nocturnal nature, as long as he didn't go out at night he shouldn't have to worry about them. The most important thing to him right now was getting water. He'd heard others in the village talk about scavenging for things to trade and this peeked his interest. Erasing his earlier sentence from the sand, he wrote:

What is worth scavenging from the wasteland?

Zavarix | Keristary

IC: Aurelius - Canus.

With only the muffled crackling of the campfires and soft murmur of the desert wind filling his ears, the Fe-Matoran soon drifted off into a dreamless sleep. Tomorrow was a new day, and with it came all of the trials and tribulations that had accompanied yesterday. 

That was what Aurelius liked about the Wasteland life - nothing changed. Every day was the same as the one that came before, and the one that would inevitably follow. It was simple and routine, predictable and safe. But now... Agonos was right, the Wasteland couldn't support Canus' ever-increasing population forever. Someday soon, things were going to change.

Aurelius didn't look forward to that occasion.

IC: Elara - The Wastes. 

Some of those in Canus thought that Elara was crazy.

Maybe I am. Or maybe they are.

Either way, she didn't care.

Day in the Wasteland was hasty and hot, with the motley villagers constantly scurrying from Canus to the Wastes and back again, reeking of sweat and desperation. During the day, the villagers competed with each other for water and resources, and judged one another for their preferences and failings. They judged her, too, for hiding from the searing sun and only emerging to scavenge when it had vanished beyond the horizon.

Liars, cripples, thieves, and fools, every last one of them... She was better off like this, alone in the night. 

Without the sun, the Wastes were a completely different place. There was no competition, no judgement, no desperation. Just her, the wind, and the moonlit desert landscape. It was still dangerous, of course, and she was well aware of the fact that every time she set out alone there existed a very real possibility of her never returning. But she didn't let that stop her. 

No risk, no reward... And out here, beyond the usual few miles the other settlers scoured each day, this was where the true rewards waited. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I shrug. "Never been to the tower myself, so I'm not familiar with the details. All I know for sure is that she's a Toa, and whatever she's doing is working 'cause we wouldn't be sitting here otherwise. You want more info, your best bet is to talk to Maru."

With that said, I slow down to a full stop, pointing to a hut right beside us.

"Well guys, this is where Patches and I get off for the night. Let's pick this up in the morning, alright?"

OOC: Timeskip to morning?

IC: Torpaq - Canus

I listen intently to this line of conversation. I find it rather depressing that such relative excitement enters Bolu and Gapori's voices when they speak of scrabbling in the grit for scraps in a manner akin to animals. It is understandable, I suppose: one is artless and naive, and the other is clearly deranged. But have they no ambition, no hope or courage? Perhaps the wasteland has drained such emotions away from them, I consider. I vow once again to disallow my submission to the same tedious fate. So in short, this plan of scavenging for days on end seems unappealing to me.

We entered the village seconds ago, so judging by its size we should be nearing any other place in it - including our future accommodations - within the minute. But as we walk, the conversation turns to the aforementioned Queen. Suddenly interested, I supplement Patches' question with a remark of my own - spoken in an enunciated and eloquent voice: "Yes, what is stopping the matoran of this village from simply taking this water by force?" Gapori answers my question unsatisfactorily, which irks me. Clearly, I should have spent more of the journey speaking with Maru.

The night is closing in and Gapori comes to a halt as he draws level with his sorrowful equivalent to a home. He suggests continuing this discussion when the morrow comes, but I am discontented: unless Gapori or Bolu has been visited by a fountain of knowledge during the night, I doubt their contributions on the following day will be any more noteworthy. However I have much to consider, and tiredness is setting in. Perhaps sleep would prove the best course of action...

OOC: Soz, you posted halfway through me writing this :P Also, lets wait for Shark to post before we timeskip.

Edited by The Silent King

Kathok

IC

"Anything. Everything," Ira replied, clearly relived to move on to a different subject. "Metal. Burlap, canvas. Old weapons. Bits of old machinery. Masks, broken or not. Every piece gets you a little more water, so if it's not sand, pick it up."

IC

Those Matoran who had not gone with Maru or Ira were shepherded into other shelters by Maka. Eventually, everyone found a place to rest, though none were particularly spacious or comfortable.

The sky in the desert was always shrouded with clouds - the day was never bright, and the night was always black. The moon shone dimly through the clouds, illuminating the edges of dunes and hills in faint silver. Otherwise, the land was draped in total darkness.

Elara moved through the darkness carefully, but with the ease of someone used to travelling at night. She cautiously descended the small cliffs that bordered the Wastes, and found herself at the edge of a vast expanse. Dark as it was, she could only see perhaps twenty feet ahead: the moon's faint light provided no further illumination. If something came upon her, weather or beast, it would come quickly and without much warning.

If she listened, the only sounds were the crunching sand beneath her own feet, and the gentle hissing of the night wind as it passed over the endless sands.

OOC Players may timeskip to morning whenever they please. When several have done so, the rest of the settlement will awaken and we can do some scavenging. 

The Old Master - there's no rush: it can be night for Elara as long as you like. RPG time is more wibbly-wobbly than most.

OOC: Skipping to day time.

The fear of Ak'shii tearing down the tent & murdering her kept the Fa-Matoran awake for most of the night, not to mention that sharing a tent between two other people made things a bit crowded. She woke up feeling kind of groggy & unwilling to get up as the Matoran of magnetism forced herself to her feet, although Jasisu was unwilling to move any further.

OOC The Old Master - there's no rush: it can be night for Elara as long as you like. RPG time is more wibbly-wobbly than most.

OOC: Thanks. I figured I might run into issues like this while playing as a primarily nocturnal character. 

There were many in Canus who were afraid to travel more than a few miles from the village to do their scavenging; Elara had always thought that was stupid. If an ever-increasing number of Matoran continually dug through the same small area of sand, eventually there'd be nothing at all left for any of them to find. 

Despite the dangers of the night, Elara did her best to travel far from that perimeter of fear before beginning her own excavations. It was out here, beyond the usual areas that others explored, where she often found her best hauls. For example, just a few nights back she'd hit upon a veritable treasure trove of materials half buried under a collapsed dune, but hadn't been able to dig much out before the sun had forced her to head back to the village.

She'd waited a few days before returning to this particular spot, in the hopes that the winds might have blown away some of the sand burying the pile of scrap that she sought. It seemed that her hopes had been rewarded. Plunging the blunt end of her spear into the sand, she knelt down next to the pile, brushing away some of the remaining dust to pick through the items one by one. It was a difficult task in the dim light, and most of it was just rusted scrap anyway, but perhaps she'd get lucky and find something a little more useful...

OOC: skipping to day

IC: Zavarix - Canus

Awoken from his light slumber by the others around him stirring, Zavarix opened his eyes and sat up. He crawled outside, grabbing his iron rail as he went, and looked around. The day was distinguishable from night only by the sky being grey in colour as oppose to black, but it was by no means light, thanks to the clouds. A few others around the settlement seemed to be stirring, some even preparing to go out scavenging. Zavarix supposed he would have to do the same, though he didn't want to leave right away. It would be best to see where the others went, perhaps tag along with a group for today at least, so he could get an idea of where the best resources lay.

Zavarix | Keristary

OOC:Skippin' to mornin'

Being a relatively active Av-Matoran, Hanari was up fairly quickly, making sure all two of her things were still there and that nobody had taken any more of her limbs.

After confirming that she was in fact 100%(or as close as Hanari got), she decided to explore a little bit of this 'Canus'. She hadn't gotten an especially good look at it the previous day. Or...sunset? She was relatively sure it was sunset. The sky was a solid grey, she didn't know.

OOC: Hanari is OFI.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

"Hey, I never asked you for your name, who are you?" She asked Zavarix. "Also, if you don't mind me asking, how come you don't speak? Do you choose not to or did something happen?" 

Edited by Naota Takizawa

IC: Zavarix - Canus

Zavarix traced his name into the sand, opting not to use his charred-wood-writing-implement anymore, not until he had something to write on at least. He was surprised that he'd forgotten to mention who he was sooner, but one thing had just led to another and between that and all the thinking he'd been doing, Zavarix had overlooked a simple detail such as that. To her second question he just shrugged, unsure of the answer himself. With no memory of his life prior to awakening the previous day, he had just accepted it.

Sweeping that thought to the side for the time being, Zavarix began to walk through the settlement of Canus, gesturing for Jasisu to accompany him if she wanted to. With luck they'd run into someone about to set out towards the wasteland who would be willing to let them tag along. From the sounds of it, travelling in a group was the wisest thing to do when venturing out, despite his preference to avoid large crowds.

Zavarix | Keristary

IC

Ira blinked awake, and recognized morning by the fact that the interior of his shelter was grey as opposed to black. It looked like both of his guests were already gone.

He began to carefully fold up the blankets.

IC

The morning came, as it always did, and Uri woke up, like he always did. Sometimes he didn't expect to wake up, or didn't hope to, but he always had. So far.  Things could change.

Stepping out of his tiny shelter (barely big enough for one Matoran, he hadn't taken in any strangers last night), he looked around and noticed a strange Matoran walking around. He decided to meet her, if for no other reason than to figure out if she was worth befriending. Many people weren't.

"Hi," he said to Hanari. "I'm Uri. Who're you?"

IC

Brushing the sand aside, Elara picked through the pile of scrap, carefully looking over each item in the faint light before setting it aside. Most of it was typical scrap: bits of rusted metal that might have once been a weapon, a piece of tattered fabric, and fragments of stone or wood or something she couldn't even identify.

Setting down a long, brittle shard of tin, she picked up a chunk of stone no bigger than her forearm. Running her fingers over its surface, it seemed like someone had carved something into it, but there was no way to identify it in this light.

The Av-Matoran perked up when someone spoke words. Not just words, words directed at her. She spun on the spot, sand crunching under the foot she kept in contact with the ground, meeting Uri's gaze with what you could call a warm smile.

"I'm Hanari." She held out her...one hand. Yeah, that would take some getting used to, in what memories she had she possessed a left arm.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC-Revenant

Revenant nodded, and followed the stranger further into the camp.

The Next morning, Revenant awoke from his uneasy slumber, and walked out into the square of Canus, as he had found out, this was the name of this place... He started to wonder about his future, and if he could survive in this harsh world...

OOC

Revenant Open for Interaction, providing Eyru doesn't need me for anything else.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC Toku:

The Po-Matoran awoke in her lean-to, a fairly ramshackle building adorned with trinkets from her explorations in the wastes. Glass attached to bits of string hung on one of the supports, twinkling softly in the not quite sunlight. A bit of bone whittled into a familiar ovoid shape, with a face that somehow made her comfortable. The mask of someone who'd passed away out in the wastes.

She swirled her canteen. About half full. Enough for one, maybe two more days in the wastes, if she rationed it properly. She slung it across her shoulder, as well as her bandoleer. She scooped up her trident, and stepped out into the dull morning light.

OOC: OFI

The Ko-Matoran sat back in the sand, turning the lump of stone over in her hands. Sometimes she considered bringing a flaming torch out with her into the nights, but she knew that sort of thing only drew unwanted attention. No, she was used to weighing the value of item by touch and twilight alone, and this... this was unusual. 

Pieces of broken stone weren't uncommon in among the rest of wreckage she sifted through every evening, but Elara hadn't come across anything else quite like this before. She set it aside next to the select pile of other materials she'd decided to bring back with her on this particular night. There was no need to try to bring everything back with her at once, after all; the debris wouldn't be going anywhere.

Her work finished for another night, Elara straightened to her feet and gathered up her haul under her arm, before picking up her spear with her free hand and beginning the long walk back towards Canus. Dawn was only a few hours away, and she preferred to be back before everyone else started to set out. 

Edited by The Old Master

IC: Agonos

GOOD MORNING

The phrase screamed into his mind when he awoken. Another restless night, another tiring day. His body groaned and his voice matched the sentiment as he rose from the sandy floor.

He gathered his gear into his rotten sack and slung it over his shoulder. A canteen was attached to his belt and a little water sloshed inside. "Too many," he muttered, "too frigging many..."

He started out towards the Wastes, away from the town center. He had no desire to meet and greet the new ones. Leeches. He'd wait until they proved themselves.

If.

OOC: Agonos OFI

IC (Jasisu - With Zavarix):

"You don't remember? That's okay, I don't remember much about my past either." Said the Matoran of magnetism as she saw the other Matoran gesture her to come with him. "Let's go to the wasteland, there's got to be junk that the other people here haven't found yet & I'd rather do all my scavenging during the day with you rather than the night with the Ak'shii."

IC: Skoll

(Morning)

The night seemed to pass in mere moments. He started awake, feeling like he hadn't slept a wink. This was going to be a bad day.

Crawling out through the shabby door, he stood up and stretched. Maybe instead of really trying to gather scrap, he'd see how far he could get by midday. That was his cutoff time for wandering far. It was to make sure he got close enough to the little town by each nightfall.

Now, which way to go today... After a few seconds' pause, he shrugged, shuffled around for a spare piece of steel, and tossed it high. It landed, and he grabbed his poorly-bashed-together sack, with the old canteen and its few remaining drops of water. He would need more soon. It was time to go once again, and so he set off in the direction lady Fate had chosen.

Skoll open for interaction. Location: Leaving for the wastelands, wherever is convenient.

Edited by Urchin

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC

Uri shook Hanari's hand. "You're one of the new ones. How do you like it here so far?"

IC

Nix yawned as she stepped out of her shelter. Unlike yesterday, today was a scavenging day. Her water supply had dropped drastically for one day, and mending nets wouldn't fix that. Draping the newly repaired net over her shoulder, she looked around and noted the large amount of strangers hanging around.

They'd need some help getting started, she supposed. They needed to get to work if they wanted to justify taking all the water.

"Hee-ey," she called, trying to grab the attention of some of the strangers. "I'm hea-eading to the Wastes. Anyone wa-aant to come along?"